Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/30/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I thought Meghan was in her element with the Jersey Shore kids...(most are older than me, but whatever). I kind of feel like she's been forced into the political spectrum due to her father, but she'd be better suited for an entertainment correspondent or someone who talks about reality TV. It's not unheard of political people's kids doing this. In Canada we have Ben Mulroney who was part of Etalk (I don't know if he still does it) but he's done entertainment pieces for a long time now.

Meghan looked happier and knowledgeable when talking to the Jersey Shore people.

How dare you! Meghan is a serious political analyst. She says so every single day.

*turns red and sips from mug*

Thank you.  When she brings this up, I want to scream, so what!

Who cares?

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 21
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, Alexis2291 said:

She stood up for certain award winners. When Jake Tapper and other CNN journalists won an award, she remained seated while everyone else at the table stood up.

Which is her version of taking a knee.

• Love 22
On 5/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

It was a good interview--and she was the top of the show guest, so they spoke for about 10-15 minutes.

The news about Brokaw's cancer is months old, if not a year. And just because he's sick, shouldn't be a reason for treating him with kids' gloves.

When a regular host is not going to be there, they don't show them. They didn't show Sara while she was off on maternity leave, and whenever Meghan or Whoopi or Sunny isn't on the show, they aren't shown in the intro.

Tom is terminal and thus it is really important for the victims to either make their claims now or never receive any type of justice.

Times were different in the 90. The anchors were god like and powerful.

As far as the people supporting them, they most likely do not know what happened anyways and respond out of friendship.

Rachel Meadow supported Roger Aisle after all.

Regarding Anderson Cooper, he financed and launched  his career with his own  personal money. He was first on NY one and sprouted from there.

He was then  legitimized and publicized by Oprah who also outed him as a Vanderbilt. 

My two cents.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Why did Meghan think Bill was talking to her???

I wondered the same thing so I looked up Bill"s full tweet. His last sentence was "The View loved the hate."

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I wondered the same thing so I looked up Bill"s full tweet. His last sentence was "The View loved the hate."

Says the rapist/sexual harasser with a 32 million dollars settlement.

• Love 19
(edited)
14 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I don't mean forced as in she was forced, but I think she wanted to be on TV and felt like she had to go into politics because of who her father is. She may actually like politics, but she shined during the Jersey Shore segment.

But she didn't go into politics. She's not in politics. She doesn't and has never held public office.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 19
53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
10 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I don't mean forced as in she was forced, but I think she wanted to be on TV and felt like she had to go into politics because of who her father is. She may actually like politics, but she shined during the Jersey Shore segment.

But she didn't go into politics. She's not in politics. She doesn't and has never held public office.

She could have went into her mother's family business.  She could have got a job related to the college degree she earned.  She could have went to graduate school.  There are so many things she could have done.  Do we know how she became a political..........(I don't even know what to call her)?  Did offers come to her to appear on TV shows to discuss politics or did she seek them out?  The first time I became aware of her was when her and her mom appeared in the ad for marriage equality and when she got eviscerated by Paul Begala on Real Time.  I don't know which came first.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The first time I became aware of her was when her and her mom appeared in the ad for marriage equality and when she got eviscerated by Paul Begala on Real Time.  I don't know which came first.

I think Begala came first. That was in 2009. I first sort of heard of her when I read, or someone mentioned how she had a blog and who she was. I never read her blog.

• Love 3
(edited)

Her point is that she comes from a political family.

Huckabee jr is not much different, she has never worked a non-legacy job. However, she has a better disposition than MM. 

Nespotism from both sides of the aisle is nothing new. MM might be better suited for a less visible and less stressful job.

She can’t handle this type of national exposure, imo.

Does she have fans?

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'll never forget that time Joy told Meghan she isn't a senator and it set Meghan off :D :D :D 

Joy knows exactly how to get under Meghan's thin skin and I'm here for it!

• Love 19
11 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I see what you mean. Maybe she shined during the Jersey Shore segment because for once she was actually knowledgeable in what she was talking about, haha.

• Love 14

I totally agree with Joy about Rudy Giuliani, only he not only throw Trump under the bus, he torpedoed him.  I think Giuliani is still sore about not being picked in the beginning & is either consciously or unconsciously trying to hurt The Donald.  Just sayin'.

• Love 21

I don't get where some people get off on deciding what's normal. To some people, I'm sure the Duggars are weird. But, I digress, there are certainly many, many male/female couples who have no business having children. 

• Love 13
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I totally agree with Joy about Rudy Giuliani, only he not only throw Trump under the bus, he torpedoed him.  I think Giuliani is still sore about not being picked in the beginning & is either consciously or unconsciously trying to hurt The Donald.  Just sayin'.

And he's already back-tracking. 

8 minutes ago, backformore said:

Why does Meghan get to say "just one second, let me finish," when she constantly talks right over everyone else?

Why is she more worried about the "narrative" than the actual lies? There is no "narrative"; this administration is full of people that lie so much they can’t keep their stories straight.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Her point is that she comes from a political family.

Huckabee jr is not much different, she has never worked a non-legacy job. However, she has a better disposition than MM. 

Nespotism from both sides of the aisle is nothing new. MM might be better suited for a less visible and less stressful job.

She can’t handle this type of national exposure, imo.

Does she have fans?

IMHO, Huckasanders and MM have similar dour dispositions  that exude hate for questioners.......because they are not smart enough to remember details, which change frequently, and they lie.  Nepotism into jobs that they are not equipped for dispositionally or intellectually does not do them any favors, however much they think they are power.  Mean girls extraordinannaire.

From Medicine Crow:  "On the superficial side, Meggie's make-up says nightclub & her "little blue suit" says church ... LOL ... I'm confused."

There was a funny comment on that last article linked on this site that talked about Repub women dressing ALOT older than they are....since kindergarten.   I didn't know Huckasanders was only 35 year old.  Whoa!!!!   And I said it before, when MM wears her hair in a bun, she looks like a good 50 year old. 

Yeah, I'm superficial, too. So what........................finish this sentence in your mind. :)

Edited by Tosia
Sinus, sore throad, feeling sick and bitchy. Not just bitchy like every other day.
  • Love 11

MM is the blond Tyra Banks. She was the worst.

1 minute ago, Tosia said:

IMHO, Huckasanders and MM have similar dour dispositions  that exude hate for questioners.......because they are not smart enough to remember details, which change frequently, and they lie.  Nepotism into jobs that they are not equipped for dispositionally or intellectually does not do them any favors, however much they think they are power.  Mean girls extraordinannaire.

There was a funny comment on that last article linked on this site that talked about Repub women dressing ALOT older than they are....since kindergarten.   I didn't know Huckasanders was only 35 year old.  Whoa!!!!  

True Fiona( being childish there) plays loose with the facts and lie constantly. However,  she was pretty stoic during Michele’s roast. 

Can you imagine MM in her spot? 

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

MM is the blond Tyra Banks. She was the worst.

True Fiona( being childish there) plays loose with the facts and lie constantly. However,  she was pretty stoic during Michele’s roast. 

Can you imagine MM in her spot? 

Would a comedian dare to make a plagiarism joke in MM's presence? 

I would love to see MM turn red, point her laser eyes at the speaker, sputter some nonsense, and generally, lose her shit at the WHCD.   I bet she goes next year.....if she can....just to hob nob with those despicable celebrities, i.e., pretend to be someone with actual credentials in journalism/tv/ media--as she touts herself an expert---which was just laughable. 

And Clay Aiken will be her date because he's anyone anymore? 

And Sunny would bring LIndsay Lohan for shits and giggles....and push back for all the insults.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I don't get where some people get off on deciding what's normal.

The Duggar family are very conservative and religious, and often use their religious views on deciding what is normal or acceptable. 

I was so disheartened to see his tweet, but not surprised. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I've been trying to figure this one out.  True Fiona? 

• Love 2

Meghan actually looked nice today except for the felt caterpillars on her eyes. But I was more distracted by Richard's frayed cuffs and wrinkled collar.  Couldn't he find a nicer shirt?

• Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, backformore said:

I don't know either, I found this is the urban dictionary.  And this is NOT it!  

Fiona 

An extremely beautiful person, inside and out. Incredible, nice, smart, and who everyone wants to be with.

Edited by Wings

Okay Miss Republican I'm Going to Church right now Thang that 1980's powder blue polly suit has gotta go Meghan. It is hurting my eyeballs. And your makeup is making my eyeballs BLEED frosted powdered eye shadow. 

PUKE!

• Love 5

Derrick Dillard is entitled to his opinion.  He is allowed to have his own views but to be so hateful about it is the problem here.  And as Whoopi mentioned who the fuck is he to define normal?

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, backformore said:

29 minutes ago, Wings said:

I don't know either, I found this is the urban dictionary.  And this is NOT it!  

Fiona 

An extremely beautiful person, inside and out. Incredible, nice, smart, and who everyone wants to be with.

Maybe @LIMOM meant Elsa? But typed Fiona by mistake?

• Love 1

I saw meghan on in bed with joan rivers years ago..and I saw a snarky yet fun girl so I had that image in mine when she was going to join the View (plus, I loved when shaded ryan Seacrest by saying that Obama shouldnt lower himself to appear in Seacrest show lol).  

With that said, she is anything but that on this show due to grief, being in over her head, etc.  I do agree she was actually fun during the Jersey Shore interview and whe talking about the housewives on an exclusive YouTube video.  Maybe she should have waited joined a pop culture show where she can relax and have fun.

I've also been watching old youtubes of when CCB, Raven and Jed were on.  All three of them had quirks that annoyed...but man they at least could loosen up and have fun.  CCB said when she was offered the full time slot of the View, she was told they weren't doing politics but more pop culture..and she even wondered how that would be possible during election year.  She said that she doesn't like to argue, but wanted to explain her point then listen to the other viewpoints and see what they had to say and to look at an issue from a different viewpoint.  She didn't always succeed, but at least she was sweet.

I love whoopi finally giving some pushback to Meghan :)  

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

that 1980's powder blue polly suit has gotta go Meghan

She looked like a stuff toy in that suit. Meghan is too overweight to wear that color head to toe.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:
42 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

that 1980's powder blue polly suit has gotta go Meghan

She looked like a stuff toy in that suit. Meghan is too overweight to wear that color head to toe.

She was not the right person for that suit.  Sunny would look fabulous in that suit but in a different color.  Red maybe.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Whoopi's daughter was upset she wasn't invited to "Bring you child to work day".  Not surprised at all but for fuck sake she isn't a child.

alex most likely read it as "bring your dependent to work day"

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, backformore said:

On the topic of gay marriage: Meghan says "I was in favor of gay marriage before Barack Obama, before Hillary Clinton, blahblah"  (like Meghan held some political office where her opinion mattered) 

On the topic of silly things that kids get upset about : Meghan says "I don't have kids, I don't have a story to add!"  

Guess what, Meghan?  Neither of these stories are ABOUT YOU.  Stop trying to make everything about YOU.  

I thought my head was going to explode. She ALWAYS finds a way to incorporate something about HER into the conversation. 

Meghan: I came out for gay marriage in 2007 before Pres. Obama, before Hillary Clinon, before Joe Biden, before anybody else -

Whoopi: Not before me.

LOLOLOLOL

Meghan: I meant publicly, I was very young, I was only 23.

SO WHAT MEGHAN?! As Joy would say, whoooo caressss?! 

I'm a bit late but even on yesterday's episode, during the interview with the cast of Jersey Shore, the first thing she brought up was how Snooki tweeted something about how Barack Obama would never raise taxes on tanning. HER dad responded, and Meghan mentions it was one of his most popular or retweeted tweets in his twitter history. Okay, you're dad knows about Jersey Shore and who they are. So what?! I know most of you don't watch Jersey Shore but I can ASSURE you, nothing in that show has anything to do with politics. I watch it to escape from the nonsense that is our current political atmosphere, lol.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan says "I was in favor of gay marriage before Barack Obama, before Hillary Clinton, blahblah"

So were most of us, Meghan.  I was in favor of it when you were in your teens because my gay cousins (FIVE of them) would have loved the privilege and benefits.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 21

Is the man who made the homophobic slam on Nate and Jeremiah the one whose son molested his sister.  Duggar?  I missed the name and didn't care to rewind.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

Is the man who made the homophobic slam on Nate and Jeremiah the one whose son molested his sister.  Duggar?  I missed the name and didn't care to rewind.  

No Derrick Dillard married one of the Duggar daughters.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

So were most of us, Meghan.  I was in favor of it when you were in your teens because my gay cousins (FIVE of them) would have loved the privilege and benefits.

Right - and there's a HUGE difference between  private citizen being in favor of legalization of gay marriage, and a president, senator, or secretary of state being in favor of changing the laws regarding gay marriage.  Meghan views herself as being on the same level as powerful people.  If her father had won in his bid for president, her life would have been so much different than it is now.   She wanted to be Ivanka.  In her mind, she would have been a better "First Daughter"  with a role in the White House.  

5 minutes ago, Wings said:

No, he's not a Duggar - he married one of the Duggar girls.  (I think) 

Ok, @blondiec0332 beat me to it, but 

No Derrick Dillard married one of the Duggar daughters.

is a hilarious sentence to say out loud.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 16
(edited)

Is Fiona (from Shrek) a nickname for Huckasanders?

Elsa has a degree in Art History, not Political Science, and being the daughter of a Senator does not mean she is "in politics" or a "political analyst".  I'm fine with her calling herself a "pundint", as she pronounces it.  The second "n" negates the pundit part, and in the real world "pundit" is a term others use to describe a person, not one you use to describe yourself, a lot like "expert".  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15

Well La de Da Meghan. Guess what - Melia and Sasha were even younger than you when they supported gay marriage and talked to their Dad about it.

BTW - you could have joined in and told us about one of your own recent tantrums.

• Love 19
(edited)
5 hours ago, backformore said:

On the topic of gay marriage: Meghan says "I was in favor of gay marriage before Barack Obama, before Hillary Clinton, blahblah"  (like Meghan held some political office where her opinion mattered) 

And yet she sits and defends anti-gay politicians on this show everyday. I wonder why she didn’t list any Republicans? Because the majority still don’t support gay marriage. Own your “tribe,” Meghan. Anyway, the Duggars are the last people who should judge anyone on what's normal or not considering all the disgusting dirty laundry that's come out of their family the past few years. I liked that Joy called out their use of "liberal agenda" as part of their criticism. "Aren't they on the same network???"

The moment that killed me today was when everyone was laughing and having a good time talking about their children's tantrums and meltdowns, then Whoopi starts to segue into the break and Meghan butts in only to shout, “SORRY! I HAVE NO STORIES!!!!” *fake, twitchy laughter* If she felt that left out of it, she could have just recounted her own childish tantrums on the show last week, considering she's the overgrown child of her family.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 21

Or she could have just rolled on the floor in her powder blue fat suit and cried for her sippy cup because she was not included. God, what a bitch.  I missed that insult from her, today was a fast forward special. WHEN IS THIS HELL GOING TO END FOLKS?  

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

On the superficial side, Meggie's make-up says nightclub & her "little blue suit" says church ... LOL ... I'm confused. 

It blows me away how dismissive she is to the other ladies.

Yes but her hair looked nice today. 

Edited by rcc
  • Love 3

I loved when MM was trying to ask her pre-printed blue card question to the actress from Quantico and the hosts - esp. Sunny - talked right over her and never let her get her question out.  Because they were having a natural conversation with the actress about the Bollywood video and just talking, like regular human beings. Hahahahaha.  

And that suit was TOO BIG.  The pants were dragging on the floor when she walked out and you could see that the sleeves were too long.  Wardrobe must really hate her!

• Love 7