Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

You have all written far more eloquently than I about that screeching, red-faced, ignorant MM! Ugh. What a mess this morning. And what is happening to Sara? She looked horrible today - with the frosted lipstick and over-tanning? Yikes!

Good for Joy!!! I love her so much. Paul Ryan is a pimple on America's face - begone!

• Love 11

Joy was on fire today. Seeing her smile before saying something she knew would stir things up made it all worth while. She was loving it. I don't think there's a blood pressure machine out there that goes high enough to measure that display today,

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I think she is such an insecure and unhappy person that she needs to take a break from her "political punditry" and evaluate why she is in a constant state of agitated unpleasantness.

She definitely doesn't seem comfortable with who she is.  I felt the same way about Elisabeth.  Meghan is so defensive about her "beliefs" that I question how authentic they are.  She becomes a rabid dog whenever a bad word is spoken about someone "conservative".  Her melt down today about Paul Ryan was a sight to behold.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I'm a long time fan of the View, but I just couldn't face watching the show on Monday and Tuesday, because I knew Meghan McCain would be on, and I just wasn't in the mood for her nastiness. I watched today and saw her explode over the conversation about Paul Ryan. What kind of talk show host screams at the other hosts, chastises  the audience for their reactions, flits her eyes here and there, glares, interrupts, and above all, has really unintelligent remarks that are not nearly up to par with the other hosts? If they hired her because her last name is McCain, that novelty wore off a long time ago. I think she is such an insecure and unhappy person that she needs to take a break from her "political punditry" and evaluate why she is in a constant state of agitated unpleasantness. Just get her off of the View, or I'll quit watching for good. 

I agree. My thought is that she is a right-fighter. They are annoying and cannot hear anything.

MM truly had a meltdown today that made the other meltdowns look tame

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Sadly, I think we contribute to her longevity.  This forum seems extra busy now that Princess Megan is on the show.  We're riled up and so we post.  The bigshots don't care about our opinion; they care that we're watching and commenting.  The only things that seem to work are boycotts and complaining to sponsors.

When they were talking about Roseanne's ratings the other week, Joy said their (The View) ratings were up too, so either people like what they're seeing, or they're hate watching.

I, actually, have only watched to the 1st commercial all week, and in fact today, turned it off before the first commercial, and as it turned out, MM's latest screaming match.  

1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

MM hysterical meltdown was very similar to the meltdown I had when my father told me that David Cassidy and the Partridge Family music sucked and that The Beatles was a real band that played great music.  The only difference between MM and me was that MM is in her 30's and I was 8 years old.  

Off topic, but tomorrow is David's first birthday since his passing.  ?

• Love 3

OMG. Sigh. I mentioned upthread MM posted this segment that I now call The Screech on her twitter with a massive amount of criticism. Now her widdle feelings are hurt and she retweeted a hurtful reply to her and is pulling the why can men do it but when women do they are throwing the temper tantrum card. And, wait for it - getting even more crap for it. 

ETA - not a pretty sight......lol

ETAA - a temper is not a party.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, fishsanwitt said:

Good for Joy!!! I love her so much. Paul Ryan is a pimple on America's face - begone!

That's a kinder description than one I read monhs ago, "an abscess on a hemorroid."

P.S.  Check out KENZ's comment 12 or so above (depending on what happened between typing and submitting).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

Did she say there was a rule about no girls in his bedroom? If so, then what were the consequences?  I should pay more attention

As much as she irritates me on this topic, I do appreciate that she doesn't have double standards.  So many people guard their daughter's virginity like it's made of gold, yet almost cheer on their boys for "getting some".   I'm hoping that Sunny's the type who would recognize her son's co-responsibility in a teen pregnancy.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree that forum activity doesn't help to get rid of Meghan at all, but I don't think her job is safe. There would have to have been a noticeable uptick in viewers since she joined The View that could definitively be connected to her addition. I don't think there is.

Or a lot of posters are like me.  I very seldom watch the show.  I may look at a few clips on FB, but mostly I look at the forums rather than the actual show.  When Jed was on, I actually watched.

• Love 9

I think as much as MM 's screaming irritated me, her shaming the audience like they were ignorant children. That pissed me off more. STFU MM!  Sorry I  love typing that out. The audience has a right to be happy that spineless coward ass kissing  Paul Ryan is running g off before he gets his ass handed to him. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they need you scolding them. You would think someone would talk to her about that. 

• Love 21
7 hours ago, buffynut said:
9 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

MM hysterical meltdown was very similar to the meltdown I had when my father told me that David Cassidy and the Partridge Family music sucked and that The Beatles was a real band that played great music.  The only difference between MM and me was that MM is in her 30's and I was 8 years old.  

Off topic, but tomorrow is David's first birthday since his passing.  ?

I know.  It's my birthday too.  When I I was eight and found out we shared a birthday I just knew David and I were meant to be married when I grew up. :) 

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

I love the occasional shots to MM when Whoopi is lost in her thoughts. While the others can look like "interesting observation Whoopi," MM is totally incapable of hiding her WTF face. 

I can appreciate this about MM.

8 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

EDIT: Joy said Paul Ryan made a deal with the devil and Meghan LOST. HER. SHIT. Like she is literally screeching and Joy asks her, "Are you a senator?" followed by laughter from the crowd. As Meghan continued her spiral downward, Joy said, "Vote blue!" I love Joy so damn much!

Joy was laughing at certain points. She was enjoying it so much! 

7 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Is there a wardrobe coordinator? Joy and Katie are are both sporting black and white polka dots.

On The Talk, they once commented that the wardrobe dept does try to coordinate their clothing.  Once a guest was wearing a similar pattern as Julie Chen and the wardrobe dept had her wear a blazer over her dress. When she told Julie this on-air, Julie laughed about their similar outfits and made her take off the blazer.

6 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Sara Haines' makeup.  Yikes!  Was that frosted pink lipstick?  1989 called and said "no way, Jose."  

The makeup and the frayed tweed jacket...she looked very L.A. Law.

I've also gotten notifications about "Joys Final Words." As a matter of fact, I'm thinking they might be ads that appear on these PTV forums.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I’ve also gotten notifications about "Joys Final Words." As a matter of fact, I'm thinking they might be ads that appear on these PTV forums.

They alternate with Sally Field. I’ve seen the same ad, only on this site with the same words.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think as much as MM 's screaming irritated me, her shaming the audience like they were ignorant children. That pissed me off more. STFU MM!  Sorry I  love typing that out. The audience has a right to be happy that spineless coward ass kissing  Paul Ryan is running g off before he gets his ass handed to him. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they need you scolding them. You would think someone would talk to her about that. 

Apparently Meghan only wants an audience of people who share her view.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I just watched the episode yesterday and I cannot deal with Whoopi and Megan's insistence that women need to "step up" and demand what they want to earn at work. They just don't get this very nuanced conversation. Historically MANY women stepped up and were ostracized, fired, labelled "demanding" or "bitchy", not given promotions, etc. if they were seen as difficult or asking for too much. How can they not understand that? 

It is also easy for people with money to not have to worry about losing a job for asking for too much.  I think a lot of us would like to negotiate for more but have bills to pay and something is better than nothing. Megan can't relate to common people problems. As for Whoopi, she just can't relate at all lately.

• Love 24

As a female, I was so embarrassed by MM behavior at the beginning of today's show.   Her face was practically the color of a tomato and her voice rose several octaves as she ranted and raved about how wonderful Paul Ryan is.  She needs to be able to disagree graciously and actually state facts to support what she says.  (I hate when men do this too!)

MM talked about Paul Ryan as if he is the last bastion of the core values of the GOP.  IMO he has never truly spoke out against the Orange Guy and seemed to support him on several matters - a true example of party over country (to me).  Plus she scolded the audience because they were happy about his news not to seek re-election in November, just serve out his term.  Must be nice to be able to "retire" at 48 with full medical benefits (paid for by us) and I believe (not sure about this) some type of "pension"?  Even if it's just the medical that is miles ahead than what a "regular" person gets when he/she retires at 60 or 60+ years.  Then her screeching at Joy. But, I did like the (mischievous) smile that Joy would give before slipping in a comment during MM's tirade, which made MM even screechier and redder.   

Totally off Topic But - I was reading an article about how the GOP is beginning to get really worried about the mid-term elections.  Apparently, white, over 60, educated voters who got in the Orange Guy are not happy about their medical benefits and blaming the Orange Guy and his enablers. The GOP are beginning to tell their voters not to be complacent about having a Republican represent their district/area/state. Then speculated about who would be the next speaker - someone commented, "I don't know the person's name, but I suspect it will be a Democrat." Crossing my fingers that this is what will happen.

• Love 22
44 minutes ago, pinguina said:

As a female, I was so embarrassed by MM behavior at the beginning of today's show.   Her face was practically the color of a tomato and her voice rose several octaves as she ranted and raved about how wonderful Paul Ryan is.  She needs to be able to disagree graciously and actually state facts to support what she says.

Meghan is never going to disagree graciously. She is all lathered up before she even gets to the table.

The more she screeches, the more she is talked about. She loves being talked about. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

^^ Yep. Negative attention is better than no attention.

Isn't that the rule for preschool children?

7 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

ROFLMAO!  Good one.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Kenz said:

I'm a long time fan of the View, but I just couldn't face watching the show on Monday and Tuesday, because I knew Meghan McCain would be on, and I just wasn't in the mood for her nastiness. I watched today and saw her explode over the conversation about Paul Ryan. What kind of talk show host screams at the other hosts, chastises  the audience for their reactions, flits her eyes here and there, glares, interrupts, and above all, has really unintelligent remarks that are not nearly up to par with the other hosts? If they hired her because her last name is McCain, that novelty wore off a long time ago. I think she is such an insecure and unhappy person that she needs to take a break from her "political punditry" and evaluate why she is in a constant state of agitated unpleasantness. Just get her off of the View, or I'll quit watching for good. 

I agree 100%.  I am from the east coast and recently moved to AZ.  I haven't liked not being able to post as the shows first air.  For The View, I Iove it! I read here and watch on FF stopping at key points.  :>  Thank you all, my stress level is lower for this. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I like Sunny,  but yeah the story about son was ridiculous.  Why tell such a story. Not a good look.  I did love Sunny sipping her drink while Meghan lost it lol.

I like Sunny too, but I cannot imagine what her son’s life is like at school this week after her embarrassing tell-all. (Or was that her consequence for his behavior?)

• Love 7
13 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I know.  It's my birthday too.  When I I was eight and found out we shared a birthday I just knew David and I were meant to be married when I grew up. :) 

Happy Birthday MOVINGTARGETGAL.  ? I'm sure it'll be a little bittersweet, being the first one you aren't celebrating "with" David. ?

• Love 4

MM has NO class at all. 

I know, old news.

I don't care if she is trying to rile up Joy ( and get some extra incendiary PR)  by rudely screeching over others, MM 's behavior just shows a total lack of manners and intelligence. Her home life must have been somewhat lacking (as in parents not around enough)  to give rise to this superficial, less-than-intelligent, raised-by-pop culture, idiot who thinks that what she is doing is laudable.

Aren't the days of shock jocks over?  

MM doesn't have the prescience to see that her behavior/statements are a waste of time and she isn't pulling the wool over anyone's (or many) eyes.  MM 's "gotcha" question was a mere speedbump to Madeline Albright.

Do you think that mouthpiece MM and her hubbie are soo young and arrogant  that they believe themeselves to be in the same lane as real analysts or "pundints"?   (Pundints makes me laugh alot because it's a perfect image for MM's hit and a miss in "her" commentary. Pun-didn't. ) 

If even the View audience ---- which, I imagine is a mix of socio- strata--- can hear and understand both MM's and Joy's and Sunny's statements, and then choose to frequently  applaud Joy and Sunny,  and not MM, then who does MM (delusionally)  think she is explaining any shit to?  (Or for you English majors, "to whom does she think she is explaining any shit?")

I don't give a fuck about Drumpf's base.  

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Do you think that mouthpiece MM and her hubbie are soo young and arrogant  that they believe themeselves to be in the same lane as real analysts or "pundints"?  

Yep.

2 minutes ago, Tosia said:

If even the View audience ---- which, I imagine is a mix of socio- strata--- can hear and understand both MM's and Joy's and Sunny's statements, and then choose to frequently  applaud Joy and Sunny,  and not MM, then who does MM (delusionally)  think she is explaining any shit to?

It's her job to explain it to all of us ignorant folks who didn't vote for Trump.  And it's exhausting.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, jumper sage said:
17 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

^ Yep. Negative attention is better than no attention.

Isn't that the rule for preschool children?

And low level reality show stars.  Which I think Meghan could be.  Put her on a Real Housewives show and let them women at her.

15 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Do you think that mouthpiece MM and her hubbie are soo young and arrogant  that they believe themeselves to be in the same lane as real analysts or "pundints"?

There is a fine line between telling your kids how great they are and letting them believe they can grow up to be whatever they want and creating a narcissistic brat.  I don't know much about her brothers and sister but Meghan is the definition of spoiled entitled brat.

14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It's her job to explain it to all of us ignorant folks who didn't vote for Trump.  And it's exhausting.

Meghan claims to not have voted for Trump so her insistence upon defending/explaining Trump voters seems disingenuous.

• Love 12

I know people are hating on MM, and with good reason, but I still don't want her to leave. The revolving door of conservatives needs to stop and I'd rather MM get better than for her to just leave. Also, the ratings has gone up so ABC won't fire her unless she gets too crazy. What needs to happen is for them to sit her down and teacher how to have a normal discussion where people can share their views without sounding like how she's been sounding.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

What needs to happen is for them to sit her down and teacher how to have a normal discussion where people can share their views without sounding like how she's been sounding.

This is never going to happen. Meghan LOVES getting all lathered up and playing victim.

She is not there to play nice in the sandbox!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

The revolving door of conservatives needs to stop and I'd rather MM get better than for her to just leave.

If wishes were horses....then Ana Navarro could just ride right in and save the day!

• Love 21

Wow, the stupid is strong yet again with Meghan.

On the topic of whether Trump's doorman was really paid off to keep Trump's alleged love child a secret, Meghan says this has been going on forever and brings up something from 1791. Seriously? She would have been better off bringing up Bill Clinton. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

On the topic of whether Trump's doorman was really paid off to keep Trump's alleged love child a secret, Meghan says this has been going on forever and brings up something from 1791. Seriously? She would have been better off bringing up Bill Clinton. 

More appropriately John Edwards.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Wow, the stupid is strong yet again with Meghan.

Wait, what? Bill Clinton has a sekrit love child?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wait, what? Bill Clinton has a sekrit love child?

That was a stupid rumor that has never been confirmed. Supposedly he fathered some kid but it's #fakenews . 

Anyway, I said she should have just brought up Bill Clinton because she loves bringing up the past when everyone else at the table is talking about the here and now. Bringing up something from 1791 is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

More appropriately John Edwards.

Yeah. I said Bill Clinton though because usually the Clintons are her go-to when everyone else is talking about Trump.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Joy is provoking MM on purpose and I am here for it!

Joy: That pussy on your dress is distracting me!

Meghan: [laughs] Now I lost my train of thought (something like that)

Me: *laughs out loud* 

I love how Joy stopped Meghan in her tracks before she had another hissy fit. Of course, she still had one a few seconds later.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19

Add "I'm not going to sit here and (fill in the blanks)," to the drinking game list.  Big word of the day moral relativism. Kinda hard to take someone seriously when they have a pussycat on their chest. 

• Love 17