Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Second Honeymoons, Part 2

• Start Topic

The road trips conclude with emotions running high and all six individuals questioning the future of their marriages; and experts step in to mediate as arguments heat up under the weight of Decision Day looming.

Damn, Jon and Molly, don't know what to think.  Ryan and Jacklyn are fighting.  Jephte and Shawnice are fighting, maybe they'll all get a divorce, a group divorce.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10

Wake up Shawnice.  A few fights in a corn maze doesn't constitute not staying together in a marriage.  It's not the end of the world if Jep wanted to walk alone for a bit.  Give the guy a little space and stop being so clingy.   I don't blame him.   Shawnice talks too much.  She would drive my husband crazy.  This is only the beginning.

I don't know what Jon sees in Molly.  He is a complete doormat.  I can't stand to look at her phoney face anymore.

Molly would stay with Jon if they could go on rides every week.  That's the only time I've actually seen her laugh so much.  I'm so tired of hearing her say they have so much in common for the hundredth time.  Amusement parks are sooo adventuress.

Party Boy Ryan never has enough.  Jackie wanted to relax for the next day's activities.  It was their weekend together.  He didn't have to go out again with the cousins.  And he's deciding if he wants to stay with her?  That's a laugh.  I hope she dumps his ass.

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Wake up Shawnice.  A few fights in a corn maze doesn't constitute not staying together in a marriage.  It's not the end of the world if Jep wanted to walk alone for a bit.  Give the guy a little space and stop being so clingy.   I don't blame him.   Shawnice talks too much.  She would drive my husband crazy.  This is only the beginning.

I keep thinking about what Jephte said about not seeing a relationship and only seeing them on TV.  See, if you've never actually seen a relationship close up, you might not get what a relationship is or what it constitutes. 

Oh, Molly, you are so full of shit.  I don't like your lies either.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 16

I don't like Molly, not because she's not attracted to Jon, but because of her dishonesty. 

I watch a lot of Animal Planet/Blue Planet, nature type shows.  One thing I have noticed with many species is that the female decides whether the male can mount her or not.  If the female agrees, it's all good, if not, oh well.  With Jon and Molly, I'm watching a female just say, "no."   Now in nature, if it's a no, that's it, everybody understands.  But this isn't nature, it's not natural.  This is a TV show and Jon and Molly are married.  Molly says no, which if fine in nature and in life, but not fine on a reality show.  If Molly had said no early on, said she wanted a divorce, said she wasn't feeling it, she might have feared how she would have been seen.  Now she looks even worse, because now she's been exposed as a liar.  She just should have been honest from the start.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11
50 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Damn, Jon and Molly, don't know what to think.  Ryan and Jacklyn are fighting.  Jephte and Shawnice are fighting, maybe they'll all get a divorce, a group divorce.

Maybe there’s a group discount!?

• Love 8

Busted! There is something wrong with Molly.  How do you repeatedly tell someone they are disgusting and think it's no big deal?  The therapist was right to chastise Jon for staying, given how poorly he was being treated.  

I don't see any of the three couples being in this for the long haul. I think they should all get a divorce.  

• Love 18

Good Golly Miss Molly.

Lying Liar. Finally got caught.

Feel bad for Molly's mom who has to face Boston.

She doesn't deserve to have such a POS daughter.

My tables all are standing properly on their 4 legs.....trouble averted....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5

This was the first episode of MAFS I've watched in 3 seasons (though I love the bride and doom podcast. Is it weird to listen to a podcast about a show I don't watch?) and it was the best episode of the show I've ever seen. 

At first, I didn't think the recording was a perfect capture of Molly being a liar because it sounded like she was saying he was being disgusting in filming her.  But then she flat-out lied to the therapist about the argument in three different ways.  Kudos to the therapist (and they're usually useless) for backing her into a corner perfectly and forcing a final break to a clearly toxic relationship.

Edited by rab01
  • Love 19

I'd been waiting for that smackdown all week and it was not as satisfying as I had hoped. I really, really wanted Dr. Jessica to ream into Molly. I cannot even imagine telling someone, let alone my spouse, that he makes your skin crawl. Not once, but multiple times. She is vile. Jackie deserves better and I hope she decides to divorce Ryan.  At this point I only see Shawniece and Jephte making it. 

• Love 11

I thought therapists weren’t supposed to take sides and get emotionally involved. “Dr. Jessica Griffin” was embarrassing with her “this has been intense for all of us,” (us?! This isn’t about you.) and getting all aggressive and obviously favoring one client over another. 

I realize I’m the only person here who doesn’t think Molly is a complete monster for not being attracted to that scary gorilla (or for daring to be thin and blonde, even though that hasn’t actually been the cultural ideal in decades), but I would hope people can at least see how totally out of line and unprofessional that alleged therapist was. If she’s just there for entertainment purposes, then fine, but she’s flaunting her credentials while undermining the basic tenets of her training. 

Molly did not choose Jon. She can’t help it if he makes her skin crawl. We’ll probably never know what he actually did to make her feel that way. 

And FTR, this “Jon gave up his JOB FOR HER” shit can miss me. He allowed himself to be fired so he could go on a reality show. Hardly the stuff of legends. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 14

I wonder why Molly would lie when she knew Jon had a recording.

She was recorded that once. Sounded awful & immature, but there are no other recordings of 'repeated' verbal abuse.

Why would she consistently verbally abuse him apparently unprovoked? Who has that much anger toward someone who treats them well?

She has definitely been fake in her THs about the marriage; she wasn't attracted to him & openly admitted it.

So why after all this are they staying married?  What do they need to "think over" anymore?

This whole thing is off somehow.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Why would she consistently verbally abuse him apparently unprovoked? Who has that much anger toward someone who treats them well?

I see it in real life all the time and combined with the pressure of wantong to look good on national tv, I could easily see resentment building amd her lashing out at the one person involved that she could.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

The echoing on Brian's side of the podcast is really annoying. If it can be fixed, please fix it. Thank you.

I don't know if it can -- he was having Skype problems and I have no idea how it affected the recording of his track -- but I've let Producer Dave know.

• Love 2

Unfiltered show-Ryan (Grammerians will cringe), Shawniece, Jon in the orange t shirt, JamieO in her mauve round tablecloth

Jon’s awkward silence about his wedding photo album...his thought bubble...oh, great...photos of me before my descent into my hellish marriage

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Tara Ariano said:

I don't know if it can -- he was having Skype problems and I have no idea how it affected the recording of his track -- but I've let Producer Dave know.

Okay cool, thank you.  

Ugh. The longer these people are on the air the less I like any of them. I think they are all doomed. Jon and Molly already, Ryan and Jacque soon, and Jepthe and Shawneice by the time the year’s up. 

Molly’s defensive posture and remark about being about to lose her crap read as someone slightly panicked at being caught and unable to think fast enough to spin it. Betrayal was the first thing that came to her mind. Probably because she thought if Jon hadn’t already spilled he wasn’t going to. 

Jacque needs to run. Run away. Far away. Do not look back. Change your number. No contact. I am more and more convinced that Ryan has a drinking problem. I know he has a jerk face problem. 

Shawneice and Jepthe exhaust me. They seem to only be on the same page once a day for two  minutes. I still think he’s too immature for marriage. And her swings from easy going to drama are tiring me out as a viewer. I can’t imagine living with it. 

I’m guessing we won’t be adding to the Courtney and Jason, Anthony and Ashley win category. Oh yeah,  I guess I have to put Jamie and Doug there too. 

• Love 18

Jon's wet pits.  Jon's unemployment.  John's cat that he loves.  Three reasons Molly doesn't like him!  Add in he's a really nice guy that fell for her and tried to make it work.

Jon became Molly's whipping boy behind closed doors if she did say the mean nasty things she's accused of saying

A real train wreck.

Jackie always looks so sad.  I really like her but that dark cloud hanging over her makes me sad to watch.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jon's wet pits.  Jon's unemployment.  John's cat that he loves.  Three reasons Molly doesn't like him!  Add in he's a really nice guy that fell for her and tried to make it work.

Jon became Molly's whipping boy behind closed doors if she did say the mean nasty things she's accused of saying

A real train wreck.

Jackie always looks so sad.  I really like her but that dark cloud hanging over her makes me sad to watch.

I'd be sad too if my husband spent most of his nights out drinking with the boys,

• Love 12

Okay JON....youre hot, and Molly is a hateful, disrespectful bitch! Seriously guy you need to run and find u a hottie. I thought from day one jon was too cute for her and now he seems too good for her. Nobody deserves to be talked to that way! She's nasty anyways so jokes on her. 

I still think ryan is an ass but Jackie kinda needs to stop bein dramatic about it. He needs to adjust but I dont.think they're a good match at all.

As for shawneice and jephte. I think they'll be okay. They're good for one another. They seem to have exactly what the other needs!

Edited by Amanda jean
  • Love 5

I think these last few shows have been edited carefully to get enough footage to get all the episodes they needed. It sounds like Jon is saying he and Molly haven't been together (even as friends or whatever she calls it) for weeks. Jackie hands back her ring in NY and then after Jon saying a few nice words in front of the doc, Jackie is back in bed with him. I would have been pissed at Ryan when he said the teddy bear had to move. 

I am very surprised they did not tape Ryan at the Twin Towers. On Unfilitered, Ryan said they went to NYC because Jackie had friends in NY and he wanted to see the twin towers. I thought they would have had a moving segment with Ryan the firefighter with Jackie at the Twin towers site. I thought it would have been a bonding moment since Jackie said her brother is a firefighter too.  Instead we got Ryan dancing with the naked cowboy and their fight out of nowhere (on the show, I realize  Jackie had a lot built up. The show went from them laughing to saying divorce).

Molly picking a 2? for how much she is still in the marriage.  Is it because she wants to show that she was more committed then Jon?

• Love 5

Did it seem odd that Molly did not seem to fully understand that she has been Caught on Camera to be a liar by Dr. Jessica with phone video proof of her hateful words and taunts to Jon?

You could see the wheels turning how to spin her way out of the damning video evidence.

Molly gives the marriage a 2, Jon a 1?

The  number each should have said  is negative infinity.

Think production scrambled the phone video to give it the glitchy look.

Would have preferred to see Molly’s ugly face spew her hatred towards Jon.

Wonder if Jon will share the video with the rest of the cast?

• Love 11

What set Molly off?

She was talking to a stranger at the bar and Jon didn’t like it.

When he complained, that’s when she flipped out and verbally attacked him.

The hatefulness is shocking...but Jon says it is not the first time she’s been this vile towards him.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Did it seem odd that Molly did not seem to fully understand that she has been Caught on Camera to be a liar by Dr. Jessica with phone video proof of her hateful words and taunts to Jon?

You could see the wheels turning how to spin her way out of the damning video evidence.

Molly gives the marriage a 2, Jon a 1?

The  number each should have said  is negative infinity.

Think production scrambled the phone video to give it the glitchy look.

Would have preferred to see Molly’s ugly face spew her hatred towards Jon.

Wonder if Jon will share the video with the rest of the cast?

Molly probably has been lying all her life so it doesn't affect her as it should.  Poor Jon painted the whole house, then went and got the food while they all were laughing about him around the table.  One way to fix Molly would be to date one of her sisters.

• Love 10

Well now the truth comes out.  I knew Molly was faker than a 3 dollar bill and now we know for sure.  She is a mean bitch on top of a liar.  I would like to know what Jon did to deserve her vile treatment.  She was caught dead to rights, there was no way for her to lie her way out of it.  I feel sorry for Jon that he had to come down to her level in order to "out" her.  I think Dr. Jessica might have been admitting that she didn't take Jon's complaints seriously prior to seeing the video.  She probably was reserving judgment or remaining skeptical because she was also buying Molly's act.  It took Jon showing her the video to convince her that he was for real and Molly was not.  I think that's why she came down so hard on Molly - because she felt duped.  

Dr. Jessica also seemed to criticize Jon for staying in the relationship for as long as he did if he was getting that kind of treatment when the cameras were off.  She then told them both not to stay in the relationship "just for the show".   I'm not sure I buy that they aren't strongly pushed by the show to stay and keep the game face on to the cameras even if things are rotten when they're turned off.  Otherwise a lot of them would back out mid way through and there would be no show.  I understand that she's a therapist and is looking out for their best interests, but we all know that the show itself only cares about ratings.  So I really don't blame the participants for seeing the 8 weeks through to the end.  If anyone should be blamed for staying too long it's Molly as she was the one with the big problem with Jon.  I think she stayed because she wanted her 15 minutes of fame to end a little later, plus she didn't want to look like the bad guy in the relationship by ending it so soon.  When Heather did that she took a lot of crap from the public and I think Molly was trying to avoid that.  But now she looks even worse so her little plan backfired.  Couldn't happen to a "nicer" person!

I don't know what Dr. Jessica was talking about in the beginning of that segment before she saw the video.  She made some comment about Jon not being emotionally mature enough for Molly - I wonder if after seeing the video and having her head turned around 180 degrees she would still say that or whether she would reverse that and say that about Molly instead.  I still don't understand what was so wrong with Jon.  I don't think he was putting on an act and this stuff about him always joking around looks to me like surface stuff because he's obviously a very thoughtful individual.  He doesn't strike me as shallow or covering for being an immature douche.  People usually give themselves away in one way or another and he has been remarkably consistent.  So I don't buy all of that and this episode only confirms what I've been thinking all along about Jon and Molly.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I thought therapists weren’t supposed to take sides and get emotionally involved. “Dr. Jessica Griffin” was embarrassing with her “this has been intense for all of us,” (us?! This isn’t about you.) and getting all aggressive and obviously favoring one client over another. 

I realize I’m the only person here who doesn’t think Molly is a complete monster for not being attracted to that scary gorilla (or for daring to be thin and blonde, even though that hasn’t actually been the cultural ideal in decades), but I would hope people can at least see how totally out of line and unprofessional that alleged therapist was. If she’s just there for entertainment purposes, then fine, but she’s flaunting her credentials while undermining the basic tenets of her training. 

Molly did not choose Jon. She can’t help it if he makes her skin crawl. We’ll probably never know what he actually did to make her feel that way. 

And FTR, this “Jon gave up his JOB FOR HER” shit can miss me. He allowed himself to be fired so he could go on a reality show. Hardly the stuff of legends. 

Yes, he allowed himself to get fired to go on a reality show. A reality show where the potential payoff was a serious relationship, not a big cash prize. What he got was a liar who has no intention of attempting to make anything work. Of course it's reasonable for him to feel upset.

No one says she needs to be attracted to him. But he is entitled to a some decency, respect, and honesty. If you can't give him that, then don't be upset if people judge you as a shitty human being.

Also, you must not know of many therapists if you think they don't get stern if they catch you outright lying to them. If you lie to a therapist, you're wasting their time, your time, and everyone else involved's time. If that's how you want to treat the session, you might as well not be there, and they would be more than happy to make that happen for you if that's what you really want. Don't lie to your therapists, people. It's no good for anybody.

Edited by egnever
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Hey Jack Sampson. -  FYI, the cast of "Love at First Flight" are in Vegas this week.  Maybe you'll see them there???

Unfortunately, I haven't lived there in a little while.  If I was still in town, I'd grab poor Jon and get him laid...stat!

A new woman makes one forget about the crazy bitch you thought you loved.  I saw it with friends who came to visit all the time. 

• Love 3

The thing that is so ridiculous about Molly's reaction to the footage is that he didn't even make a secret of recording her and she was fully aware that her words were being recorded.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

What set Molly off?

She was talking to a stranger at the bar and Jon didn’t like it.

When he complained, that’s when she flipped out and verbally attacked him.

The hatefulness is shocking...but Jon says it is not the first time she’s been this vile towards him.

I don't doubt he's telling the truth that it happened at other times but I confess I would like to hear the details.  This video was very short (at least what they showed us was) and I'm not sure what the context was of her calling him "disgusting".  Was it was because he was filming her or because he was upset with her for flirting with another guy or both?  Or because she just finds him yucky in general?  I don't get it.  I suppose it doesn't matter, but I am still curious.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The thing that is so ridiculous about Molly's reaction to the footage is that he didn't even make a secret of recording her and she was full aware of that her words were being recorded.

Did you really think she would accept responsibility?  Molly's strategy is to deny, deflect blame and play a victim - Jon's twisting her words after all, he's the jerk for trying to make her look bad on TV and Dr Whatshername is a jerk for taking his side! 

• Love 9

Molly was still trying to be like PR master and spin that video to save her arse. She was carrying on like Jon was twisting her words. You were aware you were being recorded, you twit. You just thought he'd continue to be your whipping boy, remain silent, and allow the fake marriage to go on. (Remember you rated your marriage a 7, cupcake? Lie detector determines that was a lie!) Bloody hell, woman! You were imitating crying in a mocking manner and repeatedly called him disgusting. That innocent facade she has had for the past month or so came crashing down, and video editing of the audio didn't even need to be tweaked or manipulated. I wonder how long the whole video is. He said the camera crew was gone. Even without further video evidence, I absolutely believe she was even more vile and nasty towards him IRL. On screen, she looked repulsed and always maintained a safe distance. Even in the chat with Dr. Jessica, she never outright said that he had done anything to cause her to resent him or dislike him in that way. She rated their marriage a 2. How? I was expecting a negative number. She is delusional. I would've had more respect if she had been honest early on and asked for a divorce instead of saying how compatible they are and how similar they are week after week. You knew it wasn't going to end happily ever after and that nothing was growing. She could have saved him a tonne of heartache just by respecting him and being woman enough to tell him and the experts the truth. The scene of him in the park was quite sad because of the words he was saying. It sucks when you care and someone is pretending, probably not even living in your marital home, and you don't even know what you did to make them hate you like that. He got a bum deal. He deserves better. Jon isn't perfect, and no one is. Nonetheless, Molly has some issues that she needs to work through. I've never told even a friend that they were disgusting and mocked them like a two year old. 

Shawniece and Jephte. I'm rooting for these two, but they both have work to do. I'm glad Jephte realised that his communication leaves much to be desired and that his words/actions were hurting her. When things are good, they are good for them. They tend to go from 0 to 100 and end with tears and doors slamming. They need to find more effective ways to hear each other out and create that safe space for sharing innermost thoughts, needs, feelings, and opinions. Once they talked through the roadtrip issue and got to pulp, the tide turned, so if they can keep doing that and keep at it, their communication should improve.

Ryan and Jaclyn. She deserves so much better. She looks sad every week, and it's heartbreaking to watch because you can tell that she wants her marriage to work. Unfortunately, she, too, landed a bum deal.

• Love 18