Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Second Honeymoons, Part 2

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Interesting you say that because I could imagine Molly being with a domineering tattooed biker type who takes none of her shit or mouth and would have her in the sack in no time. 

It sounds like, with her past of threesomes, anyone could get her in the sack in no time HAHAH Just not people who "make her skin crawl." Molly, it's not like you are God's gift to mankind homegirl. I've heard that men actually want to see your natural face not hidden under a thick coat of Covergirl in the a.m. 

• Love 5

Obviously Jon and Molly are through. From the previews of next week it looks like Molly is in total denial and PR mode.

The eight week decision day is an artificial horizon created by the producers to create drama and tension. Unless the marriage by that point is already utterly hopeless and both or one party knows its heading for divorce I think they should look at decision day as the day the marriage really starts, the cameras are off and they can really see if they have a viable marriage. No one should make a decision because the show demands it.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, SnarkAttack30 said:

I think there was more to that story than either stated. Also the editing was so strange with that situation too so we will never know what really happened. Maybe it just boiled down to him, yet again, wanting to go out with people and her wanting time together?

I'm thinking Jackie figured they were in NYC so yeah, let's go out and have a nice night with your cousins. So out they go, have a good night, drinks, clubbing, whatever, then it's getting late, Jackie is tired, has had enough and is ready to go back to the hotel. This is where the disconnect comes in. Energizer bunny Ryan doesn't know when to stop and call it a night, he wants to stay out, he wants to keep going and going. The guy doesn't know how to compromise, ever. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm thinking Jackie figured they were in NYC so yeah, let's go out and have a nice night with your cousins. So out they go, have a good night, drinks, clubbing, whatever, then it's getting late, Jackie is tired, has had enough and is ready to go back to the hotel. This is where the disconnect comes in. Energizer bunny Ryan doesn't know when to stop and call it a night, he wants to stay out, he wants to keep going and going. The guy doesn't know how to compromise, ever. 

That's how I saw it too. I think she wanted to go out to make him happy and then it just got to be ridiculous. As an early bird myself, I know that I like to go out and party to a point. It would be a deal breaker if my husband didn't respect that or compromise on that from time to time. Not only does Ryan refuse to compromise like you said, but he does it MORE out of spite and retaliation. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, butterflyeludesme said:

I may need to rewatch the Molly and Jon scenes but I was totally confused. He said one minute she was dancing and grinding on him and the next she was talking to a guy at the bar and the video tape incident happened? If she is repulsed by him why was she grinding on him? Talk about mixed signals! And why did she act like she had no idea what video tape existed? She said he was videoing IN the video. 

Ditto.  I have to watch at least two more times to hear everything.  Molly grinding against Jon?  She must have been smashed.  Maybe she has bad vision and thought he was someone else, ha ha.  I never can understand what the hell Jepthe is saying.  He mumbles.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I thought therapists weren’t supposed to take sides and get emotionally involved. “Dr. Jessica Griffin” was embarrassing with her “this has been intense for all of us,” (us?! This isn’t about you.) and getting all aggressive and obviously favoring one client over another. 

I realize I’m the only person here who doesn’t think Molly is a complete monster for not being attracted to that scary gorilla (or for daring to be thin and blonde, even though that hasn’t actually been the cultural ideal in decades), but I would hope people can at least see how totally out of line and unprofessional that alleged therapist was. If she’s just there for entertainment purposes, then fine, but she’s flaunting her credentials while undermining the basic tenets of her training. 

Molly did not choose Jon. She can’t help it if he makes her skin crawl. We’ll probably never know what he actually did to make her feel that way. 

And FTR, this “Jon gave up his JOB FOR HER” shit can miss me. He allowed himself to be fired so he could go on a reality show. Hardly the stuff of legends. 

Molly, is that you? I don't judge Molly for not being attracted to Jon. I judge her for being a fake, phony, liar who never gave him or the marriage a real chance and just strung him along to try to make herself look better.

The therapist may not have been strictly professional in the way she handled that confrontation, but no truly professional therapist would appear on this sham of a show, so who cares?

I'm thrilled Molly and her awful attitude was exposed on camera. She can back pedal and make excuses, but it's pretty clear how she acted and then lied with a straight face.

I hope Jon meets someone worthy of him after this. He deserved so much better than to be stuck with Molly.

• Love 13

Okay - finished watching after a fashion. I see a ton of gaslighting going on in this show. Molly gaslights Jon, and she then tries to gaslight blonde therapist, who is having none of it. Her reaction seems like typical mean girl. My younger sister is a mean girl, and this is how she is whenever something isn't exactly as she thinks it should be or it doesn't match the image of herself she carefully cultivates. She's lovely publicly, but man does she get down and dirty when things don't fit the image she wants others to see - and she's a gaslighter. I see all of these things in Molly.

I think Ryan is gaslighting Jackie (and attempting to gaslight Dr. Pepper) as well. He has no room in his life for anyone but Ryan or for anything except what Ryan wants, so if someone displays a thought, emotion, or version of events that is outside of his tiny box, then he tries to force them back into seeing it his way. It's up to Jackie whether she wants to waste her time trying to fit into Ryan's tiny box, because he isn't going to change for anyone. Ever. 

Shawniece seems sweet, but I suspect she needs to reign it in a bit. I get she "needs" things to be a certain way, and she can come across as needy and insecure. I liked that Jephte seemed to realize his stance and attitudes were perhaps a bit immature, and he also seemed to understand he needs to find ways to validate Shawniece's feelings where he can. It seemed like a mature response.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

And the therapist was responding to being lied to - she said outright "I asked you about the fight in FL, it was nothing like [you said it was]." If Molly has been spinning this yarn about how hopeful she feels about her relationship and how she and Jon are on the same page about everything (which we know is a lie since he wanted physical intimacy and Molly did not) while telling Jon he's disgusting and he makes her skin crawl, Molly has been undermining the experts' work all along. You can tell the therapist had bought at least some of what Molly had been saying when they showed her talking head after she met with Molly alone, saying she didn't think Jon had the emotional maturity Molly needed. Therapists use what you give them. Molly gave them bullshit.

I DO have experience with individual therapy... I don't think any couples' therapist should be encouraging someone to stay with someone who has said they're repulsed by them.

Well said, Empress. I noted that (after she'd seen the proof of Molly's lies) and after she heard both of them rate their relationship at 1 and 2, the therapist herself said 'NO-ONE should have to live with someone they feel that way about.'  Then she indicated approval when Molly said she was leaving town, and Jon nodded.

• Love 5

Ryan is an alcoholic.

Yes, he's also selfish and all that and a total douche to boot, but ultimately I think that's what his issues boil down to. Everything he does and everything he fights for seems to be a way to angle to get another drink. He seems like the type to pregame, then go out and drink at dinner, then bar hop, then want to come home and drink again. Most of their fights seem to be either because he's already drunk or because he's mad that she doesn't want to drink more. And Jackie definitely doesn't seem like a prude when it comes to drinking, so he seems like he's doing *a lot*. That's likely also why he wants to spend so much time without her...because it's a chance to drink more with guys who won't look down on it.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I wish they would ask him that next week so we can put the puzzle together.  Sitting at the bar, Molly was probably smiling all cutsey and talking nice with the guy.  Jon went nuts as she never did that with him.  At this point, Molly should come clean and tell us why she turned off to Jon from the beginning as she has nothing to lose now.  Her reputation just went down the toilet for sure.   Molly and Ryan can't walk around Boston with their heads held high anymore.  Poor parents.

Molly will just claim bad editing and everyone being against her...followed by some lies about Jon to sell the story.  Her family will probably believe her.

4 hours ago, ShowFan said:

I don’t get how Molly says she didn’t know she was being recorded, but in the clip she says “you are recording yourself...” Also, I didn’t get why that video had to be such shaky quality with the lines going through it. That’s like an antenna reception. How do you even do that? I am glad that she is finally revealed, one way or the other. Just curious about the logistics 

It's a video effect added in post.  The only reason they MIGHT have done that was to make it look like hidden camera footage.  I'm thinking that, prior to the truth coming out, they might have been pushing the idea that Jon was secretly recording.

2 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Poor Molly her face dropped when she realized that Jon wasn't going to pretend anymore she really thought she could spin it as Jon was saying mean things to her for no reason as she doesn't fight dirty like that. It makes me wonder how many times she has got away with her spin in the past as she was so sure that she could shift the blame to Jon. It looks like Molly is going to keep up the pretense next week as well, at the wives meeting and while packing the apartment she has her ring on while Jon has removed his for boys night. From Jaclyn's face it looks like Molly spun it as she is still trying to save her marriage while Jon has given up.

I wish Molly and Ryan had of been paired, she would have really struggled to keep up the nice girl image she wants to portray because I am pretty certain that Ryan would have outed her in a hot minute.

Her entire life...

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I thought therapists weren’t supposed to take sides and get emotionally involved. “Dr. Jessica Griffin” was embarrassing with her “this has been intense for all of us,” (us?! This isn’t about you.) and getting all aggressive and obviously favoring one client over another. 

I realize I’m the only person here who doesn’t think Molly is a complete monster for not being attracted to that scary gorilla (or for daring to be thin and blonde, even though that hasn’t actually been the cultural ideal in decades), but I would hope people can at least see how totally out of line and unprofessional that alleged therapist was. If she’s just there for entertainment purposes, then fine, but she’s flaunting her credentials while undermining the basic tenets of her training. 

Dr Jessica actually wasn't taking sides or favoring one client over another...she was dealing with her own interaction with Molly, and the fact that Molly had lied to her.   There is nothing unprofessional about that.  Nor was she undermining her training...in fact, by trying to hold her client accountable, she was living up to her training (for a change, on this show).

I like Jephte, but unfortunately he has three strikes against him in the boyfriend/husband department...he doesn't know how to handle anger/frustration in general, he said he had no experience growing up and seeing good relationship role models, and he has said he's never been in a relationship (so he hasn't already had that learning opportunity).  It means that much of what he might attribute to unreasonableness on the part of Shawniece (while there might indeed be some), is more than likely just relationship things similar to what would happen with anyone, but he doesn't know that,  

I had missed the part about the frame with Dr. Pepper and Ryan, so I re-watched that part.  As mentioned previously, he definitely missed the point of Dr. Pepper saying that he had a rigid frame of what a wife should be.  So his follow-up afterward where he said that Jackie does fit into this frame, only solidified that he is looking at characteristics not the whole person.  What it made me picture, is a person standing in a frame, but the frame is too small, so there's parts of an arm sticking out, and a foot, and an ear, and Ryan is running around trying to stick those parts back into the frame.  It all reinforces what most of said from the very first episode, when he was Mr. Marriage Platitudes..perfect example of "all hat, no cattle".

• Love 11
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Second honeymoons forces them to be together 48 hours without places to hide or escape.. work, family, friends are taken out of the equation...

For all 3 of this season's couples it was the lit match to their volatile marriages... whoosh...bonfires...

In comparison, last season, Ashley/Ant had fun with their taxidermy roommates.....

48 hours, huh?  Well then they better stay single.  Marriage is 24 hours practically forever forever forever forever and forever.  Did I say forever enough?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Ditto.  I have to watch at least two more times to hear everything.  Molly grinding against Jon?  She must have been smashed.  Maybe she has bad vision and thought he was someone else, ha ha.  I never can understand what the hell Jepthe is saying.  He mumbles.

watch with your captions on!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, butterflyeludesme said:

I may need to rewatch the Molly and Jon scenes but I was totally confused. He said one minute she was dancing and grinding on him and the next she was talking to a guy at the bar and the video tape incident happened? If she is repulsed by him why was she grinding on him? Talk about mixed signals! And why did she act like she had no idea what video tape existed? She said he was videoing IN the video. 

The 'grinding on him' part may have been an exaggeration, but I guess they had been dancing. [I think Jon was already fed up with Molly's sexually teasing -but-don't-ever-touch-me-because-you-make-my-skin-crawl- public behavior.]  And then, according to what Jon said to Dr. not-Pepper, a moment later some other guy (at the bar) said something to Molly and she started talking/flirting with him as if  Jon didn't exist... 

If that's what happened, I can see why Jon decided to tape it to show the 'experts'.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Obviously Jon and Molly are through. From the previews of next week it looks like Molly is in total denial and PR mode.

The eight week decision day is an artificial horizon created by the producers to create drama and tension. Unless the marriage by that point is already utterly hopeless and both or one party knows its heading for divorce I think they should look at decision day as the day the marriage really starts, the cameras are off and they can really see if they have a viable marriage. No one should make a decision because the show demands it.

My guess is that legal documents are signed prior to their participation in MAFS, which most likely include a commitment by the producers to pay all and any costs for a "no-fault" divorce at that 2-month point, if that's what the couple chooses. If they stay married past that point, however, they will probably have to pay for their own divorce... and as most of us know, that can be very expensive!

This season has been a 180 so far. Jephte and Shawniece started out the weakest couple and are now the strongest. I liked that Jephte was able to apologize to Shawniece and admit that he was wrong. I've never seen Ryan do that with Jaclyn. Dr. Pepper tells him to stop being so rigid and fitting Jaclyn into his frame and he goes and says that she does fit into the frame in his life. Jaclyn needs to leave. She deserves better. 

Molly and Jon seem like a reverse Nick/Sonia situation from season 4. Sonia deserved better and Jon does too. He should have been paired with Jaclyn but I guess there wouldn't have been enough drama there for the producers. I know people have said that Jaclyn wouldn't have been pretty enough for Jon but she is much more patient and genuine than Molly, and probably would have been willing to sleep with him. I think those are traits that Jon would have appreciated. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

My guess is that legal documents are signed prior to their participation in MAFS, which most likely include a commitment by the producers to pay all and any costs for a "no-fault" divorce at that 2-month point, if that's what the couple chooses. If they stay married past that point, however, they will probably have to pay for their own divorce... and as most of us know, that can be very expensive!

Production pays a nominal amount towards fees if they decide to file at the end of the season airing which is normally around 6 months. They are contracted not to start legal proceedings until after the season so they do not spoil the outcome.

Just now, humbleopinion said:

I want to change my username to Kiki Pierre.....

I want Kiki Pierre she was gorgeous

• Love 3
15 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Molly did not choose Jon. She can’t help it if he makes her skin crawl. We’ll probably never know what he actually did to make her feel that way. 

And FTR, this “Jon gave up his JOB FOR HER” shit can miss me. He allowed himself to be fired so he could go on a reality show. Hardly the stuff of legends. 

What confuses me it that the people filming see at least part of what is going on, I find it hard to \believe they don't report to the producers and then the producers don't at least drop hints to the "therapists". 

what strikes me off about Molly is that she was trying to appear as the adult to the therapists, as if she was working on it and Jon was screwing up, that is where the monster comes out,

I would also like to comment on "gaslighting, I was going to use that and someone came before me.  The sadness that Jacklyn seems to have is what a victim of gaslighting would have. Like I said, I know guys like Ryan., My brother in law was engaged for 5 years while living with his mother who cooked and did laundry for him. hsi girlfriend dropped him and became a Nm. but I have seen men gas light their wives, so that they end up believing that they are the problem and I see Ryan doing that.  it is jsut another method of controlling someone  and Ryan wants to control everything from his schedule to those around him.  I know we just see what we are allowed to see, but controlling issues just comes out of his pores., I can't ignore it 

I thought Production completely paid for the divorce up to the first year. 

Edited by holly4755
  • Love 4

New drinking game for your Married @First Sight enjoyment......

Pour 3 shots of clear booze...

Food colors: Orange, Green, Blue ...micro droplet of each color in a the shot glass

To Play: When Jon forlornly sat at the park bench in his green shirt...you lift the green shot ...Say Cheers to Lulu!.... (homage to the 3 Lululemon shirts he had worn out all season and to paraphrase Ryan's favorite toast)

Jon on the roller coaster...you quaff the orange shotsky to toast the Orange Lulu

Enjoy!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, butterflyeludesme said:

I'm guessing because at this point Molly doesn't know how NOT to lie.  She's all about appearances (rating her marriage to someone who makes her skin crawl as a "7" anyone?) and was livid she couldn't keep up her façade as the peppy, adventurous hottie who is trying her darndest to make a connection so she could move on from being so chaste! When she was backed into a corner her pathetic attempts to keep spinning started flying.  She didn't feel betrayed by the recording, she felt betrayed by Jon because he wasn't being a good little cast member and continuing to take her shit while allowing her to be painted in a positive light on television.  THAT'S why she felt betrayed, he didn't stick to HER manufactured script.

Or everyone on this entire messageboard just hates thin blonde women.  ;)

• Love 11

I'm still not understanding why Molly or Jephte came onto this show. Molly clearly is not open to trying out a relationship with a good looking stranger, and she had to know the crew would overhear some of her nastiness at least. Jephte has never had a relationship before, is uncomfortable  in front of the camera-why is he in such a hurry to get married? I really like Shawniece and think she is all in-but if Jephte is new at relationships, shouldn't he just date and then work his way into a serious relationship? I think he is trying and he likes Shawniece, but I'm not sure he is going to fall in love with her especially since he is having a hard time with the zero to one hundred aspect of this show.

I'm not sure if Ryan is an actual alcoholic, but he seems to want to avoid being with Jackie and that doesn't bode well. He also is clearly a party guy who wants to be out of the house all the time while Jackie prefers a more quiet life. I do think they both liked each other at first and were attracted to each other, but his personality will get in the way of them making a success out of it.

I was surprised to see Jon being called nasty names (like a gorilla) since we have seen him do nothing wrong. It was obvious that Molly is playing some kind of game where she was friendly during the day, then when they got to the bar she ignored him and flirted with another guy just to get him mad. I really can't stand her and I hope she realizes whatever she was expecting to get out of this show (and it wasn't a relationship) will not work after everyone seeing her nasty personality. I also hope the show doesn't make Jon keep trying anything with her, since it is just way too late.

I'm guessing Jepthe and Shawniece will stay married but not sure either of them is ready so it might not last. They are both nice people, but Shawniece expects to much and Jephte needs some experience before he can really be a good husband. I will be happy if they make it though.

• Love 7

I still for the life of me don't get why Ryan doesn't treat Jaclyn better?  If not for this show, she is so out of his league.  If I was a single living in Boston in my late 20's-mid 30's, I would do anything possible to talk to her, get a date.  She's so easy going, fun, nice and pretty.  Ryan is neurotic, has way to high of self esteem for what/who he is.  Dude is really average looking with a major Dad Bod, yet he's not even 30 and childless.  Dude hit the lottery with this show and he's totally blowing it.

32 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I'm still not understanding why Molly or Jephte came onto this show. Molly clearly is not open to trying out a relationship with a good looking stranger, and she had to know the crew would overhear some of her nastiness at least. Jephte has never had a relationship before, is uncomfortable  in front of the camera-why is he in such a hurry to get married? I really like Shawniece and think she is all in-but if Jephte is new at relationships, shouldn't he just date and then work his way into a serious relationship? I think he is trying and he likes Shawniece, but I'm not sure he is going to fall in love with her especially since he is having a hard time with the zero to one hundred aspect of this show.

I'm not sure if Ryan is an actual alcoholic, but he seems to want to avoid being with Jackie and that doesn't bode well. He also is clearly a party guy who wants to be out of the house all the time while Jackie prefers a more quiet life. I do think they both liked each other at first and were attracted to each other, but his personality will get in the way of them making a success out of it.

I was surprised to see Jon being called nasty names (like a gorilla) since we have seen him do nothing wrong. It was obvious that Molly is playing some kind of game where she was friendly during the day, then when they got to the bar she ignored him and flirted with another guy just to get him mad. I really can't stand her and I hope she realizes whatever she was expecting to get out of this show (and it wasn't a relationship) will not work after everyone seeing her nasty personality. I also hope the show doesn't make Jon keep trying anything with her, since it is just way too late.

I'm guessing Jepthe and Shawniece will stay married but not sure either of them is ready so it might not last. They are both nice people, but Shawniece expects to much and Jephte needs some experience before he can really be a good husband. I will be happy if they make it though.

Molly is attractive, but has a much higher opinion of herself than what she really is.  If a guy doesn't make at least $120K and isn't at least an 8 in looks he has zero chance with Molly.  

Edited by High Pitch Erik 12
  • Love 14

The therapist suggested that maybe Jon was emotionally immature, and maybe he is, but that definitely seems to be Molly's issue.  It could all be the editing, but I really haven't seen anything in any of their arguments that would make her blow up the way she does, and immediately shut off and end discussion.  All of the arguments appear to be relatively minor.   In the therapist scene, she starts screaming about wanting to stop and de-escalate, but we hadn't seen anything escalate.  At that point all we saw was the therapist calmly asking about what really happened and ask her why her story was different than the tape.  Neither she or Jon seemed to be upset.  So I wasn't sure what needed to be "de-escalated".  Same thing with the 3-some fight.  She immediately got offended, started calling Jon names and ended the discussion, (rather than be honest that her lack of attraction was not going to change).  It appears to be her default that when people disagree with her to shut down and play the victim rather than listening and owning her part.   That is not emotionally mature at all.  

We know that Molly is not physically attracted to Jon, and that's fine, but it doesn't appear that she's put much effort to get to know him in order to build an emotional attraction that my lead to more.   I don't think  we've seen her talk about learning anything positive about Jon specifically that isn't in relation to her.    "We have so much in common, we are both adventurous...... etc." .   The only example I can think of was the her learning he liked red heads and she wearing an awful red wig.  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Does there happen to be a fb page with those that know Jon and Molly discuss the show?

Now that has to be interesting!

If you look on page 3 of the social media discussion page for this show, I posted screenshots of FB comments made by someone claiming to be Jon's friend about Molly. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I'm guessing because at this point Molly doesn't know how NOT to lie.  She's all about appearances (rating her marriage to someone who makes her skin crawl as a "7" anyone?) and was livid she couldn't keep up her façade as the peppy, adventurous hottie who is trying her darndest to make a connection so she could move on from being so chaste! When she was backed into a corner her pathetic attempts to keep spinning started flying.  She didn't feel betrayed by the recording, she felt betrayed by Jon because he wasn't being a good little cast member and continuing to take her shit while allowing her to be painted in a positive light on television.  THAT'S why she felt betrayed, he didn't stick to HER manufactured script.

Or everyone on this entire messageboard just hates thin blonde women.  ;)

I'm thin and blonde, lol--and not to disparage a fellow Thin and Blonde, but Molly is a bitch.

My two guesses are that she's either really into alpha males/bad boys who are going to toss her around in bed and not take her shit (remember the "he's not acting like a man, he's acting like a boy" complaints?) or she's only into super rich dudes and he doesn't fit the monetary bill enough for her.

Thing is, my guess is that Jon wouldn't be averse to either one--he seems like the type who'll wind up very financially successful, and he seems like he'd be up for anything in the bedroom. She's written him off for some reason, and we likely won't ever know the *real* reason.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Ryan is an alcoholic.

Yes, he's also selfish and all that and a total douche to boot, but ultimately I think that's what his issues boil down to. Everything he does and everything he fights for seems to be a way to angle to get another drink. He seems like the type to pregame, then go out and drink at dinner, then bar hop, then want to come home and drink again. Most of their fights seem to be either because he's already drunk or because he's mad that she doesn't want to drink more. And Jackie definitely doesn't seem like a prude when it comes to drinking, so he seems like he's doing *a lot*. That's likely also why he wants to spend so much time without her...because it's a chance to drink more with guys who won't look down on it.

Definitely.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I want to change my username to Kiki Pierre.....

Kiki Pierre Le Pew ..  Ou la la.          

OMG .. I'm gonna miss this thread.  Not for anything, but you all have to admit, it's good for laughs at least.

• Love 6

Gem 10, I gather from other posts (the scene went right past me) that the mentoring Dr. said the maze WAS somewhat a measure of the relationship of S & J (certainly,  Shawniece felt so), just as those theme park dates were for M & J.  

Indeed, the following show,  "Love at First Flight," has that connection  as its premise.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't doubt he's telling the truth that it happened at other times but I confess I would like to hear the details.  This video was very short (at least what they showed us was) and I'm not sure what the context was of her calling him "disgusting".  Was it was because he was filming her or because he was upset with her for flirting with another guy or both?  Or because she just finds him yucky in general?  I don't get it.  I suppose it doesn't matter, but I am still curious.

9 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I think she and the other experts were believing Molly’s lies over Jon’s truths for the past 6 weeks and made bad assumptions.  Before the tape the expert was buying Molly’s lie of “I don’t know why Jon gets mad like he does, we were in a loud bar and I couldn’t hear him is all”.  Molly has been painting everything to be Jon’s fault to the experts.  I’m glad he did the tape and was finally believed.  I got the sense the tape was much, much worse than we were shown. I’d love to see the unedited tape, but understand that we won’t.

She was calling him "disgusting" for getting mad and filming her, and then making crybaby sounds at him too.  His explanation was that she shut off talking and interacting with him, but then got all friendly and animated with the guy on her other side.  He said something like, "So it's not that she's tired or anything, she just doesn't want to talk to ME."  Meanwhile the "experts" are all assuming their problems are due to his immaturity.  I don't think there's anything wrong with him taping her - he wasn't sneaky about it; they know they're on this show.  Clearly she thought he was just doing it to get a rise out of her - she was shocked and "betrayed" when he used it to tell on her :). I know the saying is "there's two sides to every story" but sometimes the other side is just a big fat lie from a big fat liar, and it's frustrating that no one believes. you.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, kira28 said:

I think Jon is getting a good edit much like David and David ended up being a skeevy gross asshole. Not sure what Jon's true Personality is and while it's not His fault molly is a lying liar who lies but  I suspect he's not totally innocent. 

Maybe I was one of the few who thought David was repulsive and fake for TV.   I felt badly for Ashley.  I never felt like David was getting a good edit because he was so awful. Yuck.  

Jon is not the kind of person I would pick out based on looks and boisterousness.  I don’t get the repulsive vibe from him.  I think he has a temper, but obviously it wasn’t scary for Molly because she continued to mock him while he was angry.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

(not a spoiler) On Jephte's Twitter, the puppers name- "Keke".

She'll spend a lot of time in her life correcting people's spelling of her name; puppy school, doggie license, vet forms... it'll be a bit tiresome.

You do the best you can.  I named my dog Lisbon. Seemed a reasonable name to me.   Lo and behold many can’t get it right, or say it right when they see it in print.

I knew a woman whose last name was Wall.  Seems simple. She had to spell it all the time sometimes going so far as to pat the wall beside her saying “Wall like wall.”

So rock on Keke.  We’ll throw the ball for you..

• Love 5

Too bad someone can't bring in a body language expert to watch Molly explaining herself.  Molly is two people.  She's the sweet, innocent little girl one minute, and the next minute turns into a vicious attacking liar.  Her facial expressions told it all when the video came out.  She immediately said she was going home.  Good riddance to bad rubbage.

Thanks MV713.  I turned my captions on and heard Jepthe nice n clear .. Jon'S video also.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

My two guesses are that she's either really into alpha males/bad boys who are going to toss her around in bed and not take her shit (remember the "he's not acting like a man, he's acting like a boy" complaints?) or she's only into super rich dudes and he doesn't fit the monetary bill enough for her.

Thing is, my guess is that Jon wouldn't be averse to either one--he seems like the type who'll wind up very financially successful, and he seems like he'd be up for anything in the bedroom. She's written him off for some reason, and we likely won't ever know the *real* reason.

I have a feeling Molly gets off on teasing Jon and leading him on to some degree. I got that vibe when she "joked" about ordering the pecan latte and Jon was highly allergic to pecan, so she would not be able to kiss him all day.

I called Ryan the king of dorklandia but really Molly does not have a cool or interesting bone in her body. Jon is naturally charismatic and Molly thinks she is too, though nothing could be further from the truth.

It all reinforces what most of said from the very first episode, when he was Mr. Marriage Platitudes..perfect example of "all hat, no cattle".

Molly and Ryan would be a good match. They are both dopey personalities who think they are much cooler than they actually are and Ryan would have no trouble being the dominant asshole that Molly secretly wants. Ryan would have the trophy wife whose pictures he can show off "look at the hot blonde I have waiting for me at home"...for him almost as good as a blowup doll.

Jacklyn and Jon deserved better than these two.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 12

The human response would be Molly turning to Jon and saying that she was sorry for her hurtful words to him on the video...

Oh, no...the stone cold bitch... STILL  tried to worm her way out of being caught lying by blaming Jon further...that's ballsy...

Molly is a pathological liar...the ease of the lies (resting bitch face, unblinking) getting a boost of self esteem by getting away with the lies (she controlled the relationship by her relationship-y and couple-y BS), no fear of consequences( no one will believe Jon...Molly's word against his), manipulative (Jon overly surprised and happy when she offered a rare-just for the cameras kiss) and getting in the last word(can we de-esculate this?...no Molly, let's sit here and let you stew in you getting caught on camera lying)

The tease has Jackie at Molly's as she packs up...Molly says she texted Jon and he hasn't responded....duh...

I wouldn't put it past Molly to fabricate and accuse Jon of more lies... inappropriate touching... menacing her...anything to polish her image...

Jon has no choice but sue her ass for slander....

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

The tease has Jackie at Molly's as she packs up...Molly says she texted Jon and he hasn't responded....duh...

I wouldn't put it past Molly to fabricate and accuse Jon of more lies... inappropriate touching... menacing her...anything to polish her image...

Jon has no choice but sue her ass for slander....

A. Is Jackie in the same building?

B. Molly: "I'm still in this!  I'm the only one still trying to make this marriage work.  I sent him an entire text and everything!" 

PS.  By "making it work" I mean I get to be as abusive as I want without consequences.

• Love 7

B. Molly: "I'm still in this!  I'm the only one still trying to make this marriage work.  I sent him an entire text and everything!" 

Molly will probably be more interested in Jon once he stops showing any interest in her.  She will probably see it as a challenge to get him wrapped around her finger again.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Gobears said:

Molly and Jon seem like a reverse Nick/Sonia situation from season 4. Sonia deserved better and Jon does too. He should have been paired with Jaclyn but I guess there wouldn't have been enough drama there for the producers. I know people have said that Jaclyn wouldn't have been pretty enough for Jon but she is much more patient and genuine than Molly, and probably would have been willing to sleep with him. I think those are traits that Jon would have appreciated. 

Sonia and Nick had possibilities and tried to work it out and agreed to stay married (though it did come to an end) so I don't think that was anything like the Jon and Molly situation.

Compared to Molly, Jacklyn is a beautiful woman. Just keep Molly's face in your mind as she was berating and humiliating her husband. Looks fade but the hideous (disgusting) nature of Molly won't go away without years of therapy which she will never think she needs.

• Love 7

Thinking the show's post production glitched up the phone screen on the damning video to keep Molly from being a meme as she spewed her hate speech towards Jon.

Betcha she looked at her prettiest when she spewed her insults at Jon and it got caught on camera...smile bitch...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, kira28 said:

I don't think anyone who goes on this show truly expects the experts to find their perfect match

Maybe the first season they did bit anyone who has, watched Thai show knows the couples aren't matched based on shared interests or compatibility but on what will cause the most drama. A flight attendant who is regularly drug tested and a slacker pothead who has a very serious habit. A woman terrified of dogs with a man whose dogs are like children to him.. I could go on. The majority of the men who have been selected are not interested in marriage.

I understand why Jon recorded Molly but I would have found it creepy if someone I was dating (because face it these couples may be legally married but they are basically just dating and  get to to know each other)   got upset or accused me of  flirting with Someoen at a bar and the guy started recording me after starting an argument I'd probably find it disturbing. I think she called him disgusting because he was recording her. It wasn't like she called him disgusting  while he walked around in the tiny underwear  she mentioned. 

I bet most of them are different off camera. Jackie has shown herslef to be pretty level headed on camera but off camera she agreed to go out with Ryan's cousins and on the way to meet them she throws some type of hissy fit and jumps out do the cab to walk back to the hotel. Pretty dramatic. 

But do we know that's what really went down with Ryan and Jackie?  We've seen their arguments before and then watched Ryan's revisionist history when retelling the story to his friends.  I've seen him put his very heavy spin on too many things to take his word for anything.

I think, like Dr. Jessica said, under normal circumstances secretly recording your partner is shitty.  But the doctor herself said that she understood why Jon did it.  He's being constantly gaslighted and Molly seems to be a good liar, good enough that everyone was believing her and the experts were blowing off his concerns.  At that point, what could he do except provide proof?  And while I agree Molly was probably calling him disgusting in the context of him recording her, she went on to mock his hurt feelings in a very cruel and sarcastic way.  There's no excuse for that.  She's terrible. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Sonia and Nick had possibilities and tried to work it out and agreed to stay married (though it did come to an end) so I don't think that was anything like the Jon and Molly situation.

I don't know how much we're allowed to talk about past seasons on this thread, but Sonia has said herself on SM that her relationship with Nick would only have worked if she continued letting him treat her poorly and wishes that she would have left him earlier like than Heather did with Derek. Nick did plenty of gaslighting with Sonia too (accusing her of cheating when he hacked her SM and wrote "unfaithful" tweets from her account, knocking up an after show host one month after their divorce). 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Compared to Molly, Jacklyn is a beautiful woman. Just keep Molly's face in your mind as she was berating and humiliating her husband. Looks fade but the hideous (disgusting) nature of Molly won't go away without years of therapy which she will never think she needs.

Molly is not pretty on the inside.

• Love 3

Tried to look out the windows in the early shows to see if Jon/Molly and Jackie/Ryan lived in the same building by looking at the surrounding landmarks...

They have different parking situations with Molly's across the street and Jackie's in her building's garage.... but Jackie's rent is more for a larger place...so maybe an upgraded parking option.

The decorator went to the TJ Maxx to buy the wall decor, table tschotskes, throw pillows, tableware, towels for all 3 couples' living spaces with some duplicates of doodads...

It would make it easier for the different crews' shooting schedules to be in one place.

Molly acknowledged Jon videoing her at the bar, hence the uptick in meanness in her hateful tirade....

She didn't think Jon had the balls to show the footage to the producers and  Dr. Jessica....ha!

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4