Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Schenee's Story

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Swiss said:

Attention all Schenee fans!! TLC is running her episode again tonight before the new episode. Might be our one last chance to get our snark on!!  

We can all see again how smarted she is.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

The participants really do need to start at a psychiatric clinic, and absolutely no weaseling out. The amount of big fat failures we’ve seen recently is not good. I was so disappointed when Schenee lost 70 lbs or whatever, was sent home with 22 lbs to go, and then gained a load of weight. 

I think we're seeing failures because that's what gets the ratings.  That, and now that the show is so popular, it's attracting famewhores instead of people who are really dedicated.  I think back on the first season when we saw them followed for multiple years, not just one.  (I can't remember if it was 3 or 5 years) and almost all of them did great.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

Tune in tomorrow. Will we have a Winner or a WHINER? 

5 hours ago, Cherrio said:

weiner?

I really hope we see them eating hot dogs on tonight's show, now... ?????????

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2

Watching this train wreck as I cook and eat dinner. So, not only is she enmeshed with her family (as usual on this show), but she's never been out of Indianapolis? Wha?? How can you not have been out of town your whole life?

It reminded me of when my mother would take elementary students to the Smithsonian. We lived in DC. All of this stuff is free and parents had never taken their kids to the museums or even to the Mall for 4th of July or the summer cultural festival. Free. Just get out of your house and take the bus. Bring a sandwich and eat for free. 

I wonder what mom thinks of Shenaynay not getting the surgery? Mom looks and sounds like she could bring the beat down, but maybe she'll take her child's side and just keep feeding her.

I may have to turn in my Pounder ID card, but when they showed the picture of her as a little girl in the blue dress, I felt sorry for her. She was so big for so long and no one thought to try and figure out what was going on or to put her on a program before she got older and was out of their control. I blame the parents for that stuff.

Whoa - did anyone see she has a GoFundMe and is asking for $50,000 to tell her "true story" and help her lose weight? I'm not sure about posting reddit links, but you can go over there and find the post, "Schenee Cleaned Up Her GoFundMe; Her TRUE Story Was Not Told!"  Apparently there was an original version and an edited version. Man oh Manischewitz.   Schenee - your true story was told and we know exactly who and what you are. Remember, they can't edit what you don't say.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 6

I didn’t notice the pants down during the phone call when I watched last week, and read all about it here. Just rewatched. I can never unsee that, can I? Good thing I was almost completely done with dinner or I’d be going to bed hungry. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

Did she really say she graduated at 16 and her bf said the dr isn't used to that kind of intelligence??

"intelligement"

(I don't know if we settled on a spelling for that.)

Unless she graduated medical school at 16 she needs to shut her mouth and listen to the doctor.

• Love 2

I mentioned earlier that I was baffled why she would leave her FB Page public when it seems to attract nothing but endless hate messages from strangers.  Then I heard that she had contacted an attorney and is wanting to sue TLC. For defamation?? I have no idea what grounds she’s claiming but I wonder if her attorney advised her to keep her page public so all those messages could be used as evidence to show how she was viewed by the public after the airing. It just seems like she wants more negative comments. Now she’s linking to negative YouTube comments as well. So strange...

• Love 1
On 4/7/2018 at 9:15 PM, aliya said:

I swear I am going to bring a washcloth to work next week, put it on my head, and see if anyone says anything. Workplaces are so touchy about saying anything to anybody these days for fear of not being diverse enough, you practically have to go postal before HR says anything about behavior. I'm gonna bet a dollar I could wear a washcloth on my head all day and no one would say a thing. They'd be torn - it's a professional environment, but it's at a university where eccentricity is tolerated. Plus, in my office they know I am LDS. They'd probably think it was some kind of Mormon thing and leave me alone.

The big question is - do I have to wet the washcloth? 

Please tell me I'm not the only one who misread "I am LDS" for "I am on LSD".

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

The participants really do need to start at a psychiatric clinic, and absolutely no weaseling out. The amount of big fat failures we’ve seen recently is not good. I was so disappointed when Schenee lost 70 lbs or whatever, was sent home with 22 lbs to go, and then gained a load of weight. 

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!  And that makes me suspect TLC's motivation - and Dr Now's.  Do they really want these folks to succeed? Or do they want meltdowns, weight gains and tears for the drama of the show?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, JJ1 said:

I mentioned earlier that I was baffled why she would leave her FB Page public when it seems to attract nothing but endless hate messages from strangers.  Then I heard that she had contacted an attorney and is wanting to sue TLC. For defamation?? I have no idea what grounds she’s claiming but I wonder if her attorney advised her to keep her page public so all those messages could be used as evidence to show how she was viewed by the public after the airing. It just seems like she wants more negative comments. Now she’s linking to negative YouTube comments as well. So strange...

She's currently gotten $20 on her GFM page.  I suspect she started it because she couldn't get the law firm of Shyster and Crook (or any other sensible firm) to take on her case on a contingency basis.  ("We don't get paid unless you get paid.")  She found out she was going to need a retainer to have an attorney even talk to her.  

I think the lawyer defending Dr. Now and/or TLC would simply have to show the episode.  Schenee will be damned by her own words and actions.  Seriously.  She's sitting on a portable toilet with her pants down around her ankles, repeatedly asking her surgeon, "Do you believe in God."  And she thinks HE makes HER look bad?

• Love 9

LOL @ the $20 raised on her GoFundMe.  A few questions since I don't religiously watch this show:

If she had lost the 30lbs and gotten approved for surgery, would TLC have found her and paid her rent for a Houston apt for a year?  Is that why there was such a living situation struggle on this episode?  Because TLC never approved for her to move out to Houston?

Also, if she had lost the 30lbs, would TLC have also fully paid for her surgery?  And is that why now she needs the GoFundMe page so she can pay for it herself? 

It was hilarious how on that "do you believe in God" phone call she said, "you're not the only doctor who does this surgery".  But he kinda is, cuz isn't he one of the only doctors in the US who will do this surgery on such heavy people because it's very unsafe heart wise to have the surgery over 500lbs?  I thought that's what got him this tv show in the first place was because he performed this on risky patients. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

LOL @ the $20 raised on her GoFundMe.  A few questions since I don't religiously watch this show:

If she had lost the 30lbs and gotten approved for surgery, would TLC have found her and paid her rent for a Houston apt for a year?  Is that why there was such a living situation struggle on this episode?  Because TLC never approved for her to move out to Houston?

Also, if she had lost the 30lbs, would TLC have also fully paid for her surgery?  And is that why now she needs the GoFundMe page so she can pay for it herself? 

It was hilarious how on that "do you believe in God" phone call she said, "you're not the only doctor who does this surgery".  But he kinda is, cuz isn't he one of the only doctors in the US who will do this surgery on such heavy people because it's very unsafe heart wise to have the surgery over 500lbs?  I thought that's what got him this tv show in the first place was because he performed this on risky patients. 

No one really knows exactly what the terms of the contract are between the featured person and TLC. It has been speculated that they get the surgery and the hospital expenses paid and that TLC gives them a small amount of cash which helps with the moving expenses.  I have heard $2000 thrown around. Of course it costs a lot more than that to move.

I have not heard that TLC pays for their apartment for a year, nor do they only pay if the patient is successful. The big draw is not the TLC money but rather that they get to the front of Dr. Now's long waiting list and get to have his services for free or a low cost. 

There was a living situation struggle because these 2 are idiots. They did not secure a place before they moved there. There has been some speculation that they wanted section 8 housing and there is a wait for that I personally suspect that they have very low income and very bad credit so it was hard to find a place that would accept them. 

I think now there are some other doctors who work on the super morbidly obese in the USA but Dr. Now is the first to do so and for many years was the only one to do so.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

She's currently gotten $20 on her GFM page.  I suspect she started it because she couldn't get the law firm of Shyster and Crook (or any other sensible firm) to take on her case on a contingency basis.  ("We don't get paid unless you get paid.")  She found out she was going to need a retainer to have an attorney even talk to her.  

I think the lawyer defending Dr. Now and/or TLC would simply have to show the episode.  Schenee will be damned by her own words and actions.  Seriously.  She's sitting on a portable toilet with her pants down around her ankles, repeatedly asking her surgeon, "Do you believe in God."  And she thinks HE makes HER look bad?

Hey now, she has $75!!

I watched this show for the first time ever today. It was Jennifer and Marissa. But as I read the thread about that episode, I kept seeing how enraged people were at this ep so I just had to come in here and skim the thread. Holy moly! I will be watching the ep in full tomorrow. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I watched this show for the first time ever today. It was Jennifer and Marissa. But as I read the thread about that episode, I kept seeing how enraged people were at this ep so I just had to come in here and skim the thread. Holy moly! I will be watching the ep in full tomorrow. 

Welcome, and my favorite reads for these shows, are the live chat threads.  The live chats are really a hoot.

• Love 1

So here I am after watching this episode and I just don't know what to say. I just don't think there is any help for this gal. She lies and lies and lies and gets all angry and defensive when called out. Her husband is a spineless wuss who will be able to thank himself later for contributing to her death. 

Maybe I'll go to hell for this but I get really tired of people dredging up events from years and years ago and clinging to them as if those events give them license to wallow in whatever issue they're currently facing. "I got molested as a child and raped in my 20s so I can eat 17 supersize styrofoam containers of fried shrimp because that's what makes me happy..." Ugh. It's very apparent that anyone who tells her that she is wrong is immediately attacked and verbally beaten to submission so they never disagree with her again. What ends up happening is that she has this band of family members that tip toe around her and tell her how right she is and then the doctor is standing alone, thus enabling her to attack anything he says because it does not match what others tell her. Gah.

I really don't understand the fast food thing. Buy a crock pot, make a healthy but filling chicken stew and freeze portions. Make elaborate, healthy soups and freeze portions of those as well. Chicken breasts and be grilled and hacked up to make tacos and about a million more things. Living out of fast food containers and double-double-double-big-gulps are just not gonna help you achieve your goals. Neither is a wimpy husband who sneaks pizza pies and cheeseburgers into the hospital. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

So here I am after watching this episode and I just don't know what to say. I just don't think there is any help for this gal. She lies and lies and lies and gets all angry and defensive when called out. Her husband is a spineless wuss who will be able to thank himself later for contributing to her death. 

Maybe I'll go to hell for this but I get really tired of people dredging up events from years and years ago and clinging to them as if those events give them license to wallow in whatever issue they're currently facing. "I got molested as a child and raped in my 20s so I can eat 17 supersize styrofoam containers of fried shrimp because that's what makes me happy..." Ugh. It's very apparent that anyone who tells her that she is wrong is immediately attacked and verbally beaten to submission so they never disagree with her again. What ends up happening is that she has this band of family members that tip toe around her and tell her how right she is and then the doctor is standing alone, thus enabling her to attack anything he says because it does not match what others tell her. Gah.

I really don't understand the fast food thing. Buy a crock pot, make a healthy but filling chicken stew and freeze portions. Make elaborate, healthy soups and freeze portions of those as well. Chicken breasts and be grilled and hacked up to make tacos and about a million more things. Living out of fast food containers and double-double-double-big-gulps are just not gonna help you achieve your goals. Neither is a wimpy husband who sneaks pizza pies and cheeseburgers into the hospital. 

This^

It always infuriates me when these 600lb patients say they are on the road or in a hotel so a big fat juicy burger and fries is their only option.  Remember James with his gf who claimed their car was broken so they had no choice but to go out and get fraaayyyyed rice and egg rolls?  An Uber could have taken them to the grocery store for a few dollars.  Anyway....these people always say they have no choice.  As you point out Configdot.....you can get a roasted chicken readily available, get some carrots (if you can't cook), fruit, sliced beef or turkey from the deli section, oatmeal and blueberries or yogurt.  If they have a microwave in the hotel you can cook frozen vegetables and even eggs to cook up.  But instead they opt for pizza or hamburgers cause they have no choice.  Why not a burger (no cheese) and take off the bread and have the beef, tomato, onion, pickles etc and wrap it in the lettuce.  Subway sandwiches are readily available and for an option get one of their fresh options that are lower in calorie with turkey, chicken even roast beef......get the light mayo or just have some mustard and no cheese.  I do this a lot when I am hungry for something already made for me when I am too lazy to do myself and want something more like other people.  Salads are readily available at all fast food places (request light dressing).  Snacks are sugar free jell-o or puddings if you are craving.  Apple slices, Fiber One bars for sweet tooth cravings or SkinnyPop.  All available at fhe grocery store.  Grocery stores do sell more than cookies, sodas, cakes, and potato chips. This shows you these people search for every excuse possible to just eat what they want not taking responsibility for their actions.  Even James with his Chinese food cravings could have opted for hit and sour soup and broccoli beef for the same flavors without the friiiiiiiiiiiiiied rice, eggroll, and sweet and sour sauce options.  There ARE other options beside fried chicken, cheeseburgers and pizza.  Anyways.....laziness on ALL these people.  When I crave a BigMac, I chop up a homemade burger patty, slice some onions, drizzle on some low calorie thousand island dressing and fill up a pita bread with the concoction and you get the same flavors.  Now I am craving a damn pizza!  Curse you, ya 600lb patients who pizza on TV when I'm hungry.   Grrrrrrrr

ADDING.....The comments when they have to weigh in......."Dr Now is going to be mad at me for not sticking to my diet."  Or "Dr Now doesn't want me to eat XYZ."   

NO DAMN IT.  It's not for him....it's for YOU!

I'm sure I have more to bitch about....sorry for rambling on.  

She was "dragged" to Texas....oh puuuhhhllleeeeeseeeee Shanee!  I wonder how many Whoppers you can get for $75?  Dr Now, TLC or the powers that be ought to sue HER for reHAMbursement for medical care, therapy visits, etc she basically STOLE from them.

Edited by gigiann
Had more to say and I can't shut up
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, gigiann said:

When I crave a BigMac, I chop up a homemade burger patty, slice some onions, drizzle on some low calorie thousand island dressing and fill up a pita bread with the concoction and you get the same flavors.

Whoa! I haven't had a BigMac, or ground beef for that matter, in many years, but dang don't this sound good?! I'm doing veg keto, so I may have to rethink the pita, but I have low carb wraps that will probably work with some crumbles or a chopped up veg burger. I never even thought of doing something like this. Thanks for the idea.

• Love 3

Schenee sums above every single thing I hate about religion. Smug religious people who use faith as currency for an afterlife with zero regard for their own actions and how they treat people are the least Christian people in the world. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, aliya said:

Whoa! I haven't had a BigMac, or ground beef for that matter, in many years, but dang don't this sound good?! I'm doing veg keto, so I may have to rethink the pita, but I have low carb wraps that will probably work with some crumbles or a chopped up veg burger. I never even thought of doing something like this. Thanks for the idea.

You are welcome Aliya....I have also used the low carb wraps.  Put a pile of lettuce in there with the veggie patty too.  It definitely gives you the same flavor profile of a BigMac.....it's the low cal thousand dressing that clinches the flavor. To give me the flavors of pizza I have used 1/2 of a low calorie English muffin, a tablespoon of of pizza sauce, 2-3 pepperoni, some reduced fat mozzarella cheese and sprinkle some oregano and garlic salt and throw under the broiler.  Smells and tastes like pizza for a 100 cal treat.  

This is why I get so infuriated with these road trips 600lbers take and go to the drive thru and load up on crap. Cause there are no other choices?  Bullshit!  Their driver could also run into a Denny's for them and get an omelett to go, right?  All laziness and lack of personal responsibility for their choices.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, gigiann said:

This is why I get so infuriated with these road trips 600lbers take and go to the drive thru and load up on crap. Cause there are no other choices?  Bullshit!  Their driver could also run into a Denny's for them and get an omelett to go, right?  All laziness and lack of personal responsibility for their choices.

The big frustration is seeing the sheer quantity of what they order and eat.  "I need three double bacon cheeseburgers, two large orders of fries, and a large chocolate shake."  (To spouse, . . . "Do you want anything, Honey?")  That's how they got to 600 pounds!  Lots of non-fast-food places (even Applebees) will deliver your order to your car, so they don't have to go to a drive-thru.  These are just more excuses.

• Love 5

Some of you have commented that perhaps TLC is showing you only the failures because of ratings. In reality, the long term success rate of bariatric surgery is less than 5%, so maybe they're just showing us reality. 

• Love 7

I cannot believe this lazy, stupid, conniving waste is now trying a Go Fund Me bid so she can get weight loss surgery from someone else. She has no intention of following any rules, and even if she were to have surgery, it would not be successful,  I have never said this about anyone before, but I hope she eats herself to death.

• Love 9
On 4/11/2018 at 8:54 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

Graduated at 16 = Kicked out of school at 16.

I am sure this is what she means. Maybe she ended up getting a GED so she claims she “graduated” at 16 but even that seems beyond her capability. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Oh my, Schenee's GFM is up to $ 135! But I'm VERY confident she will reach 1000 POUNDS long before she reaches $ 1000. 

Or as we call it, one day's supply of Big Macs and fries.  But it's okay.  God said so.

• Love 6

Sorry mods if not allowed but dammit why on earth is Schenee's GoFundMe even still up and active??? I know some of us on this board (including myself) and other forums have reported it. Does GoFundMe not have any standards anymore? Sheesh! 

Edited by kimoralee
spelling
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kimoralee said:

Sorry mods if not allowed but dammit why on earth is Schenee's GoFundMe even still up and active??? I know some of us on this board (including myself) and other forums have reported it. Does GoFundMe not have any standards anymore? Sheesh! 

I don't know if they do anymore considering some of the stuff that is on there. 

35 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't know if they do anymore considering some of the stuff that is on there. 

I didn't look around on GoFundMe at the other GFM's on there until I read your reply..But ummm, now I see what you mean! SMH GFM's for breast implants or to pay for an expensive ass wedding??? giphy.gif

Edited by kimoralee
Grammar incorrect
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2018 at 8:07 AM, mamadrama said:

Her BMI is more than my actual weight...

Mine too!

Just now, Bunnygirl said:

Mine too!

I meant it’s more than mine too, lol! Her illiteracy is rubbing off on me!

On 4/13/2018 at 7:45 PM, gigiann said:

This^

It always infuriates me when these 600lb patients say they are on the road or in a hotel so a big fat juicy burger and fries is their only option.  Remember James with his gf who claimed their car was broken so they had no choice but to go out and get fraaayyyyed rice and egg rolls?  An Uber could have taken them to the grocery store for a few dollars.  Anyway....these people always say they have no choice.  As you point out Configdot.....you can get a roasted chicken readily available, get some carrots (if you can't cook), fruit, sliced beef or turkey from the deli section, oatmeal and blueberries or yogurt.  If they have a microwave in the hotel you can cook frozen vegetables and even eggs to cook up.  But instead they opt for pizza or hamburgers cause they have no choice.  Why not a burger (no cheese) and take off the bread and have the beef, tomato, onion, pickles etc and wrap it in the lettuce.  Subway sandwiches are readily available and for an option get one of their fresh options that are lower in calorie with turkey, chicken even roast beef......get the light mayo or just have some mustard and no cheese.  I do this a lot when I am hungry for something already made for me when I am too lazy to do myself and want something more like other people.  Salads are readily available at all fast food places (request light dressing).  Snacks are sugar free jell-o or puddings if you are craving.  Apple slices, Fiber One bars for sweet tooth cravings or SkinnyPop.  All available at fhe grocery store.  Grocery stores do sell more than cookies, sodas, cakes, and potato chips. This shows you these people search for every excuse possible to just eat what they want not taking responsibility for their actions.  Even James with his Chinese food cravings could have opted for hit and sour soup and broccoli beef for the same flavors without the friiiiiiiiiiiiiied rice, eggroll, and sweet and sour sauce options.  There ARE other options beside fried chicken, cheeseburgers and pizza.  Anyways.....laziness on ALL these people.  When I crave a BigMac, I chop up a homemade burger patty, slice some onions, drizzle on some low calorie thousand island dressing and fill up a pita bread with the concoction and you get the same flavors.  Now I am craving a damn pizza!  Curse you, ya 600lb patients who pizza on TV when I'm hungry.   Grrrrrrrr

ADDING.....The comments when they have to weigh in......."Dr Now is going to be mad at me for not sticking to my diet."  Or "Dr Now doesn't want me to eat XYZ."   

NO DAMN IT.  It's not for him....it's for YOU!

I'm sure I have more to bitch about....sorry for rambling on.  

She was "dragged" to Texas....oh puuuhhhllleeeeeseeeee Shanee!  I wonder how many Whoppers you can get for $75?  Dr Now, TLC or the powers that be ought to sue HER for reHAMbursement for medical care, therapy visits, etc she basically STOLE from them.

Well said!!!!

• Love 1
On 4/9/2018 at 1:01 PM, kicotan said:

So, as a landlord you aren’t allowed to discriminate OUT LOUD, but hypothetically, if there are 3 qualified applicants for one,s rental property and one being 600 pounds, one being gay and one being black, one can legally choose between the three without having to disclose if one’s decision has to do with one’s personal feelings about being 600 pounds, being gay or being black...did I get that right?

Asking for a friend.

You can’t (in theory) discriminate against protected classes but I don’t know that super morbid obesity is protected. Maybe it is, as a disability. Hopefully a landlord could legal choose not to rent to Schenee because she is damn obnoxious. 

Why the hell does this chick need money to lose weight? Does she think it will be more expensive than it is now for her to eat 1/12 the volume she currently shoves in?

and PS she can tell her “true story” for free on this new invention called the internet. Or is she planning to hire a cinematographer? 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 7
On 4/10/2018 at 9:51 AM, calpurnia99 said:

Well the Go Fund Me, the "English" is appalling. She says they dragged her to Houston to " hamiluate " her!!! OMG!

Instead of AND she writes AN. It's very bad. 

It does say what the fund is for- so "thee people can hear the real truth".  This is one sentence!

"To put my business out to hamiluate me for ratings this was not the real an true story an i would like you to "join the fight for schenee" its a fund i put together so thee people can hear the real truth an support my everyday struggles every one has a story like mine or diffrent an if your scared to share let me start let me be your voice."

She added an update about an hour ago with the above if you click on UPDATE you will see that, lol.

Holy sh*t. 

• Love 2

I was thinking about Schenee sitting there with the washcloth on her head.  Now, I get that people come in all shapes and sizes, but you would think that a person who was 500 pounds overweight would be a little bit self-conscious about appearing naked on this show. However, not one of them appears to have any issue with it. In fact, most of them offer us additional nude scenes for which I'm sure they are not paid any extra.  My question is WHERE IS THE MODESTY?

Is a lack of modesty something that goes along with weighing 600+ pounds? Is it a byproduct of the narcissism? (Like, "I'm the center of the universe and every inch of me is magnificent." That type of thing.)

They all talk about how much they hate their bodies, they can't stand to go out in public, etc. Yet, they seem to have no problem with putting themselves on display. (I think of James from Kentucky sprawled out with his genitals in full view when they were talking to the doctor. Thank goodness for pixillation! But, couldn't he at least ask for a towel or a sheet or something when they had a roomful of people, let alone the television cameras, and, you know, the rest of the world?

Seriously, with the exception of Steven's brother, we have not encountered a single shy 600 pounder.  Why is that a thing?

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 2