Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seeing on Twitter that baby (who?) is a boy. 

He best be named Tony or I riot.

I totally thought they'd have a girl but since James and Noah were family name s I can see them naming him after tony.

I think it's 100% certain Nelle will have a boy and he will be named Michael Morgan Corinthos (leaving off any Quartermain name, of course) and he will be swapped with Baby Who. Of course, I'm betting NotSonny'sGrandson will die in vitro, at birth, or shortly after, Nelle will cover it up and steal her bestest friend's baby to cover. The Whos will think that the birth mother changed her mind. Please prove me wrong, writers.

4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I think it's 100% certain Nelle will have a boy and he will be named Michael Morgan Corinthos 

Or he'll be "Carl Jason Corinthos," after Carly and Jason, and he'll be referred to forever as "CJ."  They could reverse it and he would be "JC," but the original Jason is already the show's Jesus Christ.  

• Love 7
(edited)

That'd be cool since the (who)s themselves are an interracial couple.

They'll also be, IIRC, the first gay character/couple in US soaps to have a boy.  Bianca had Miranda and Gabrielle, Fish and Kyle had Sierra Rose, Will and Sonny have Arianna.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

I could see Michael naming his son Jason. Ugh.

I know. I wouldn't be surprised if an homage to Sonny got in there, so: Jason Michael/Michael Jason/Michael Jason Morgan, etc. Zzzzz.

• Love 1

I have no great fondness for Nelle but I don't want her to go off canvas at the end of this month only because I like her so much more than any of the other players in this story, including Joss and now sadly Chase.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I have no great fondness for Nelle but I don't want her to go off canvas at the end of this month only because I like her so much more than any of the other players in this story, including Joss and now sadly Chase.

What I hate about it is the absolutely not-subtle implication that whatever happens to Nelle, she had it coming for daring to fuck with the Family Corinthii.

• Love 14

Krusty is out there reproducing  ? 

*shudders*

Speaking of being tied to people, even Brad doesn't deserve to be tied to THAT heifer in any way, shape or form.

No, I will never like her. She has no soul-and she's exactly the kind of cretin that would jerk someone around about a baby.

But anyway-every time I think I might look into GH again- I see spoilers about characters I hate, and none that I care anything about. There are mysteries, and there is "why isn't GH cancelled yet?" which is on a whole different plane.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

whatever happens to Nelle, she had it coming

Another reason I don't bother to watch-something that's been wrong with GH for a long time. The outcome of a story shouldn't be so slanted at the very beginning that the viewer knows how it's going to end long before it's over. It's not just a GH problem, it's always been one of the worst things about soaps. Every soap has it's favored characters that never lose, even when they are wrong. Anyone-ANYONE-could go up against them and they'll be vilified. If Lila Q hadn't been such a Jason or Sonny butt kisser, even SHE would've been made out to be a horrible person if she challenged them. Nelle never stood a chance. It doesn't matter that Carly, Sonny, Jason and Sam have done  and probably WILL DO far worse. They are pets. Nelle is not. Nelle is "irredeemable" in the same way AJ was "irredeemable". And I'm not even watching, but I don't have to, to know that any one of the aforementioned characters could run over  a bus load of children and they wouldn't be written off. I guess it's true that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Oh well. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

The outcome of a story shouldn't be so slanted at the very beginning that the viewer knows how it's going to end long before it's over.

What annoys me the most is that the outcome is so slanted the "bad guy" doesn't have a chance. Of course Nelle would never win against Carly/Sonny/Jason/Michael, but she never got even one victory. Carly is in Ferncliffe because she made a terrible deal. It's entirely her bad decision that put her there. Had she gone to Pentonville instead, the story wouldn't have been any different, i.e., Michael would still want to clear her name and this dumb plan could go ahead as is. But the writers decided to stack the deck by putting Carly in Ferncliffe so we'd feel sorry for her. (Epic fail for me.) At least have the courage to give Nelle a few genuine wins, and then bring the hammer down—make getting to the inevitable outcome interesting.

• Love 18
(edited)

What's depressing is that the storytelling approach seems to work, for much of what's left of the depleted audience. You look at YouTube clips involving AJ, and more than half of the comments are about how he got what was coming to him. You go to certain other GH discussion sites and there's so much commentary about what Carly is going through, how "we" shouldn't have to watch this admirable woman suffer so terribly. Suddenly there's a preoccupation with realism (about what psychiatric hospitals are like) that the same people never exhibited when the organized crime kingpin was getting pardoned by the mayor, or was walking into the police station and ordering the cops around like he owned the place.

If I quoted some of what I read elsewhere verbatim, you'd think I'm exaggerating, unless you've seen it yourself. When a picture of Leslie Charleson was posted on a popular social media platform, as an announcement that the full-time Monica would be coming back soon, someone wrote that she was glad for LC, but now she really wants a scene in which Monica apologizes to Carly for the way she treated her after Nelle's fall. And -- gag -- I wouldn't be surprised if we get that! Never mind that Monica has given back to Carly not even a tenth of the misery Carly and hers have given Monica.

When "they're" threatening to stop watching, it isn't because there's too much focus on the mob, or because Sonny and Carly always win, or because Jason is kept one-dimensional and boring, or because there are outrageous double standards in how different characters' wrongdoings are treated. It's always because the characters in opposition to the chosen ones (Nelle, Ava, Mary Pat, whoever) aren't being smacked down enough, or not quickly enough.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

she really wants a scene in which Monica apologizes to Carly for the way she treated her after Nelle's fall. And -- gag -- I wouldn't be surprised if we get that! Never mind that Monica has given back to Carly not even a tenth of the misery Carly and hers have given Monica.

Carly hasn't been able to use access to Michael to hold over Monica for years, so the dynamics have changed between them. It's too bad the show will never acknowledge that. Michael now has his own, separate relationship with Monica that has nothing to do with Carly. And if he wants his baby to know his/her great-grandmother, that's his prerogative, not Carly's. 

There is a lot to be mined from all of this, but since it involved a Quartermaine, we'll never see it. And it doesn't give Carly/Sonny/Jason a big win.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, MostlyC said:

What do you bet Christina is the mother of Wiley (Lucas and Brad’s  baby)?

The show made a point of saying that Alexis was the only one who knew everything about the birth mother, including her identity, which was done so that Julian could cozy up to her to get the information, in case the thirty day thing rears it's ugly head.  

Therefore, Alexis would know if her daughter is the baby mama and surely not allow it.  

I also get very frustrated with Facebook people who insist that Hayden is the baby mama.  First off, Hayden would have been due somewhere end of February, not 6 months later in August.  And I doubt Alexis would allow Finn's child to be given away without his knowledge as well.  

• Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, dubbel zout said:

What annoys me the most is that the outcome is so slanted the "bad guy" doesn't have a chance. Of course Nelle would never win against Carly/Sonny/Jason/Michael, but she never got even one victory. Carly is in Ferncliffe because she made a terrible deal. It's entirely her bad decision that put her there. Had she gone to Pentonville instead, the story wouldn't have been any different, i.e., Michael would still want to clear her name and this dumb plan could go ahead as is. But the writers decided to stack the deck by putting Carly in Ferncliffe so we'd feel sorry for her. (Epic fail for me.) At least have the courage to give Nelle a few genuine wins, and then bring the hammer down—make getting to the inevitable outcome interesting.

Yes, a story is always better when there is at least one point where the villain and the "hero" are even in terms of power, or the villain has the advantage and has greater power. Otherwise, it's just passing time and marking events until the "takedown" of the villain, who isn't REALLY a villain if they had no wins and inflicted no permanent damage. The triumph of the supposed good guy only matters if the bad guy made them lose something they can never get back IMO. And GH just won't let that happen to people like Sonny and Carly and their circle. I will never understand it-it does no one involved any favors.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Yes, a story is always better when there is at least one point where the villain and the "hero" are even in terms of power, or the villain has the advantage and has greater power. Otherwise, it's just passing time and marking events until the "takedown" of the villain, who isn't REALLY a villain if they had no wins and inflicted no permanent damage. The triumph of the supposed good guy only matters if the bad guy made them lose something they can never get back IMO. And GH just won't let that happen to people like Sonny and Carly and their circle. I will never understand it-it does no one involved any favors.

It doesn't help that Sonny, Carly and Jason are completely unsympathatic. Nelle wants to kill Michael? Carly wanted AJ dead for the longest time (and eventually help cover up his murder), and married the poor soul to push him to drink. 

• Love 14
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

It doesn't help that Sonny, Carly and Jason are completely unsympathatic. 

Exactly ! Your audience has to feel something for the hero when they are fighting an enemy. If you're rooting for the enemy, or worse, you just don't care...LOL and that's always been my biggest problem with that lot-add in Jason's whatever she is, Sam. I don't care about any of them.  They've lied, they've cheated, they've covered up murders, they've committed murders.

Yes, lots of other characters have, too.  And there are others on that list that I could add to, that I don't have sympathy for. Many mob based fans will always throw in lines like "but the Quartermaines are murderers, too !"

Well, *steps on soapbox*-for hopefully what is the final time, here's the difference: any time we learned one of the main Qs had killed, back when the writing was good, it was generally an accident. Or, in Alan's case, the plot failed and HE was the one who suffered by losing the full use of his hand so he could no longer perform surgeries like he used to.

Okay, no, he didn't go to jail. But he LOST something. And AJ/Tracy? Back when they were written as really complex people, they ALWAYS lost something. Part of the reason Tracy will always be my favorite female character(and Scott, AJ Alan my favorite male characters) is that they rarely won any time they plotted. They rarely won even when the didn't plot.  And you could feel sympathy for them because you saw  life kick them, sometimes justifiably, sometimes not, but they always, always got back up. They were underdogs. They were REAL people. Sonny, Jason, Carly, Sam, in many ways, they are kind of like the road runner, while the others I've mentioned are Wile E Coyote.  I don't know how I was SUPPOSED to feel, but I ended up hating the Road Runner, and I liked/felt sympathy for the coyote.

I don't understand why any writer would think having a group of murderers who are never punished, as your "heroes", is a good choice. Sure, they are popular. Not denying it. But it's a shame, really. The real world is full of enough violence and pain and stupidity. Television is also full of it. It would be nice to have a few shows that didn't glorify it or the characters doing it.

• Love 18

I hope that Laura's return means we'll get the Kevin Collins/Ryan Chamberlain story. NO MORGAN!

10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

When you compare it to tweets he writes for Sonny/Carly/Jason or even Peter or Nelle, he doesn't sound very excited.

Only supermarket aisles and parking lots get Frank hot. Apparently.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

I hope that Laura's return means we'll get the Kevin Collins/Ryan Chamberlain story. NO MORGAN!

Only if it stays about Kevin/Ryan/Laura/Lucy/Felicia and doesn't somehow become all about Ferncliff and Sonny/Carly/Jason.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think it's weird Frank wants a pat on the back for this.  He took away her contract in the first place.

Also, it might mean nothing, but the use of the singular STORY strikes me.

Haven't folks who eventually left in the past said FV had promised them a story but then . . . nothing?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, rur said:

Haven't folks who eventually left in the past said FV had promised them a story but then . . . nothing?

FV has said this to multiple people and they never get a story.  So idk why GF or any other actor for that matter should believe anything he says at this point.

• Love 3

I think there is a story planned. I think for at least 6 months Laura will be featured. After that it's a crapshoot.

Unless fan reaction brought her back, I just find it weird GF would want to come back after this. For many reasons. And just to be clear I don't think FV was completely to blame for whatever went down before. 

8 minutes ago, Hater said:

FV has said this to multiple people and they never get a story.  So idk why GF or any other actor for that matter should believe anything he says at this point.

I think GF probably has something put down in writing. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I've said before, I'll say again: I don't think Frank has the final word on who is fired or hired. He can make suggestions, but he doesn't control the purse strings. Even an article with JE one time had  her admitting  she knew that ABC, the network, decides for themselves (based on advertisers and focus groups, I guess) who and what the audience wants to see. Kind of like how a manager at a plant doesn't have the one and only say about who gets a bonus and who doesn't. The owner or corporate office is usually who does that. I don't believe Frank was the one who decided to fire Genie. He was TOLD she had to go. Stuart Damon said the same thing about JFP (or whichever EP it was there when he was fired), that she came in and apologized to him and I think he said she even cried. I think Frank, JFP, whoever, yes they have  their faves and they do have some control, but they don't make the big decisions because they don't have that authority.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall sometimes, though. Because I think SD and JE are very diplomatic and would not overly trash anyone publicly-I do have to wonder how much they just tap danced and how much is true.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't believe Frank was the one who decided to fire Genie. He was TOLD she had to go.

I'm in the middle.  I think he was told by TPTB to bring the contract budget down by a certain percentage, he gambled that he could get GF to recur, and she rightly balked.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if Jason's return didn't go over as well as they anticipated and that's why there was a move to bring Laura back.

I wouldn't be surprised if the return of the sainted Jason didn't go over as they were envisioning. They've made him literally the same person he was before he died and nothing has changed for anyone in any meaningful way.

• Love 5

Genie had to fight tooth and nail for a contract the last time with ol' Frank. This behavior goes back to OLTL. He plays cheap and talks out of both sides of his mouth, promises stuff and then blames other factors, then gambles the actor will fold. Genie doesn't have to do that. Whatever one calculates her or Laura's value to be to GH today, she deserves and should fight for better, and evidently she's done that.

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the return of the sainted Jason didn't go over as they were envisioning. They've made him literally the same person he was before he died and nothing has changed for anyone in any meaningful way.

Which is, in fairness, probably exactly what they wanted and what Steve wanted. (Steve also stiffed Frank years ago, when Frank drew a line with him then gambled he would just hang around and be available for recurring stints in 2012-13. Steve immediately went to Y&R instead, because his ego would never allow anything else.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

Which is, in fairness, probably exactly what they wanted and what Steve wanted.

I'm sure it's what Steve wanted since it seems to me that he wants the maximum of 'get' with the minimum of work.

I know that there are Jason stans who are thrilled that he is back in his black T-shirts doing exactly what he did before and in the same barely-relationship with Sam but I wonder how the current overall viewership of the show is taking the emphasis on the unholy trinity, and whether that plays in to getting GF back.  Although granted, there is barely any competition these days.

• Love 2

I swear, I read "Drew listens to a private conversation" and the only GH-related person I could picture was the Michael before the present one. That's how blah the writing has been for Miller since they sorted out the Jason non-mystery.

Not sure whether this is common knowledge yet, but apparently the answer is yes, full speed ahead on the Jordan recast.