Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Lol, it is pretty funny that they have just decided to gloss over the fact that Nelle is Carly's sister through adoption.  Like, the Bensons adopted Carly, so Frank is/was legally her father, despite the fact that he skipped town when she was a kid.  That's just how it is, can't ignore it now that it's inconvenient to the Nelle/Michael drama.  No, they didn't know each other, but the relationship exists on paper.  

At least acknowledge that it's weird.  Like they did with Maxie and Georgie crushing on Lucas, they totally admitted it was weird.  Or Franco and Liz sharing a brother has been noted at least once.  

Then they would have to acknowledge that Carly is both this child's paternal grandmother and maternal aunt. Which no one has mentioned.

• Love 2

I don't know. It would be classic soap playbook to have Kim emphasizing over and over that she and Drew were a long time ago, weren't involved for long, didn't know each other very well, and telling "Charlie" that Drew is the past and he's the present/future, if Kim/Drew were going to have a major relationship, at least for a time. It's misdirection. 

Way back when SoapZone was the place to go, someone wrote a good post on that. You always have to look for the angle. At the time, Alexis kept assuring everyone around her that, despite her apparent feelings for him, Sonny had no interest in her as anything but his lawyer. People who didn't want to see anything remotely Sexis (a lot of them were S/C fans) were taking comfort in that. But as the woman who wrote the post pointed out, what kind of story would it be if Alexis kept saying that Sonny wasn't interested in her, and then the payoff was Sonny telling her he wasn't interested in her? The setup for Sonny telling Alexis he wasn't interested in her would have been Alexis running her mouth all the time about how Sonny was going to be hers, and her sister asking "What about Carly?" and Alexis saying "They're divorced!" and her sister saying, "On paper maybe, but what about in his heart?" 

I always thought Kim was brought on for Drew, and they're just doing a slow build. I just don't think they'd have gone to the trouble of giving her a kid by him otherwise.  

• Love 2

#GH - Lulu struggles against a difference of opinion. {June 5}

Lulu: I am an awesome, talented, highly skilled investigative journalist.

Dante/Maxie/The Entire World: NO YOU ARE NOT!

• Love 20
11 hours ago, ouinason said:

At least acknowledge that it's weird.  Like they did with Maxie and Georgie crushing on Lucas, they totally admitted it was weird.  Or Franco and Liz sharing a brother has been noted at least once.  

I'm the first one to say "no incest, please," but Michael/Nelle doesn't bother me at all. First of all, Carly was adopted, so there's no blood tie with Nelle. Second, she was long gone by the time Nelle came along, and neither of them knew the other existed until the plot demanded it. Plus, I don't think we ever saw Frank Benson, did we? And with Virginia dead, there's nothing in recent memory to connect them. With Franco and Steven Lars, there's Heather, who's still (marginally) part of the current canvas. 

9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I always thought Kim was brought on for Drew, and they're just doing a slow build. I just don't think they'd have gone to the trouble of giving her a kid by him otherwise.  

Oscar is around so that Drew has a reason to stay in town after being dumped by Sam. Yes, there's Scout, but she's a baby. The show can't do much with her until/unless they SORAS her. 

As for the slow build, this show doesn't do that anymore. It takes stories from 0 to 100 in about two days. And angles? Those are also long gone. 

• Love 4
(edited)

My crackpot theory, BTW, is still that Nelle was supposed to be tied to Carly more directly, but someone decided she had to be paired with Michael and that's why they went with this weak tea Frank Benson stuff.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

My crackpot theory, BTW, is still that Nelle was supposed to be tied to Carly more directly, but someone decided she had to be paired with Michael and that's why they went with this weak tea Frank Benson stuff.

This would not surprise me at all. I don't think the kidney stuff was completely thought through—that was supposed to be the big link—and they got lucky there that non-family can match just as easily. And since they wanted to pair her with Michael, she had to be less closely related to Carly. 

It's like their laziness actually worked in their favor this time around!

• Love 1
(edited)

I also still hate that they pulled their punches in the initial story, Nelle's reasons for wanting revenge on Carly should have stemmed from something that Carly actually did in the past that was coming back to bite her, and that would have made this current feud more balanced and interesting.  Again, it's the show treating Carly like a heroine, except she ain't.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15
(edited)
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nelle's reasons for wanting revenge on Carly should have stemmed from something that Carly actually did in the past

Ugh, I know. They stacked the deck against Nelle from the get-go, even while trying to convince us she's some great schemer. Fail on every level!

Edited by dubbel zout
typo
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, seasons said:

Wonder if Jason will burst into the courtroom with the baby blanket and save the day?

But as Diane said, it gives credence to the charge that Carly did push Nelle down the stairs. It's better for the court case, at least, if the blanket isn't found until it's over.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But as Diane said, it gives credence to the charge that Carly did push Nelle down the stairs. It's better for the court case, at least, if the blanket isn't found until it's over.

Good point!

Going to be sort of(?) interesting to see how this plays out.

but an unexpected plot twist could throw Diane’s plan into disarray. New Port Charles prosecutor Margaux (Elizabeth Hendrickson) sees right through the legal charade and isn’t going to let them get away with it…

What a bitch, not wanting someone to falsely plead insanity to avoid jail time. #eyeroll

Also, shouldn't an actual shrink be examining Carly and making that determination?  Standing up and being all, "Yup, I'm crazy!" is not how it works.  And it sounds like Kevin and Andre are both busy elsewhere next week.

Alexis confronts Monica. 

I have no idea about what, but in advance, shut up, Alexis.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

What a bitch, not wanting someone to falsely plead insanity to avoid jail time. #eyeroll

In real life, it's not advised by defense attorneys because getting put into a mental hospital indefinitely could mean being locked up for longer than if you served the sentence

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, statsgirl said:

I guess we're supposed to hate Nelle even more for doing this to Poor Carly.  Excuse me while I cheer Nelle on.

Roberts return brought me back. Nelle is doing exactly what Carly did to AJ right down to the pregnant down the stairs, Fake charges. Just like Carly. I remember everything Carly and Sonny did to AJ . Alexis and Jason also. I don't like them either for their part.. I hope Nelle wins, she takes down Carly. Funny how the others have forgotten all the things those two did to AJ right up to killing him in cold blood. So Michael is also on my sh@# list. Would also be funny  if she gave the baby to Brad and Lucas ,

• Love 8

That Finn/Anna sneak preview? Oh, man. First, that MetroCourt room set is getting a lot of use, between Finn and Griffin both living at the hotel. Second, Anna? LWB/FS does NOT have every reason to hate you. He's an adult (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever), and while the scars of childhood run deep, your explanation of what happened should have some effect on how LWB/FS sees you from now on. If he still holds a grudge? Your son is an asshole, and you're under no obligation to continue making excuses for him.

From the spoilers: 

Lulu struggles against a difference of opinion.

Lulu? Having trouble with someone who disagrees with her? This is a change.

There is way too much "duh" in the Scoop spoilers. Here's just a sample:

Jason refuses to make any promises

Valentin offers up excuses

Griffin is deeply conflicted about Ava

Liesl is on the warpath

This one cracked me up for its utter inaccuracy:

Love is in the air as summer kicks into high gear

The only couple we see onscreen that isn't on the air in some way is Elizabeth/Franco, and they're problematic for so many other reasons besides love.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That Finn/Anna sneak preview? Oh, man. First, that MetroCourt room set is getting a lot of use, between Finn and Griffin both living at the hotel. Second, Anna? LWB/FS does NOT have every reason to hate you. He's an adult (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever), and while the scars of childhood run deep, your explanation of what happened should have some effect on how LWB/FS sees you from now on. If he still holds a grudge? Your son is an asshole, and you're under no obligation to continue making excuses for him.

XAGAZILLIONMILLIONTRILLION. Just reading this has ???‍♀️I’m suffering from RAGEBLACKOUT over what this show has done to Anna, and that for reasons, Finola won’t quit over this.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

XAGAZILLIONMILLIONTRILLION. Just reading this has ???‍♀️I’m suffering from RAGEBLACKOUT over what this show has done to Anna, and that for reasons, Finola won’t quit over this.

If every soap actor quit when they got handed a bad story, there'd be a lot of unemployed soap actors.  I have no problem with her cashing a check if that's what she wants to do.

What's striking to me in that clip is that Dr. Michael Easton at the end gets ...I dunno...kinda smiley because he's the one that she's confiding in about this stuff?  It's not cute.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

If every soap actor quit when they got handed a bad story, there'd be a lot of unemployed soap actors.  I have no problem with her cashing a check if that's what she wants to do.

There’s bad story and then there’s MASSACRE of a long time veteran’s character and her history. I can accept the former, but what Frank and his cadre of writers have done to Anna goes beyond a bad story.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There’s bad story and then there’s MASSACRE of a long time veteran’s character and her history. I can accept the former, but what Frank and his cadre of writers have done to Anna goes beyond a bad story.

So...you believe Finola Hughes has an obligation to quit her job because the writers have done a bad job with theirs? Is that fair?

• Love 5

Liesl is on the warpath

This is what I hate. Now Liesl can act like she has the higher moral ground on Anna, because Anna's son killed Liesl's kid, after Liesl imprisoned Robin for nearly 2 years with barely an apology.

• Love 8

Magazine spoilers for the week of the 11th have Anna going to Berkeley and coming clean to Robin about LWB/FS.  Poor Robs, finally gets a sibling and it's this badly coiffed fool.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Magazine spoilers for the week of the 11th have Anna going to Berkeley and coming clean to Robin about LWB/FS.  Poor Robs, finally gets a sibling and it's this badly coiffed fool.

What do you mean?

640?cb=20110604162020

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, ulkis said:

A fairly accurate person on twitter dropped that DZ already taped his last show before the break the set is on right now so now I'm just kinda irritated they won't announce it.

Is the character of Dante important enough to Frank/the show to recast, or do they kill him like they did Nathan? What happens to Lulu?

10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is the character of Dante important enough to Frank/the show to recast, or do they kill him like they did Nathan? What happens to Lulu?

I've said this before, but they might recast, not because the character is so important to them but because they won't feel like building up a new love interest for Lulu. I doubt they kill Dante off after Morgan and Nathan. He'll probably just leave town.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I've said this before, but they might recast, not because the character is so important to them but because they won't feel like building up a new love interest for Lulu. I doubt they kill Dante off after Morgan and Nathan. He'll probably just leave town.

Then they'll have to invent a reason that makes even some sense for why Dante would leave his wife and kids. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Then they'll have to invent a reason that makes even some sense for why Dante would leave his wife and kids. 

Morgan died, Nathan died (via a paternal shooting, like Dante), his grandfather has Alzheimer's, he and Lulu are at odds; I think it's enough to send him out of town for a while because he's having a mid-life crisis/breakdown/mental health break.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I would have said something like an indefinite undercover mission, but that works too!

Well it could be what sends him on an indefinite undercover mission! : )

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well it could be what sends him on an indefinite undercover mission! : )

But who am I kidding, it doesn't have to make sense. Laura was sent to France to help Spencer recuperate from two broken legs, that was over five months ago, and her husband/daughter/grandchildren don't speak of her!

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Dante's been the Corinthos with a true, caring heart (as opposed to Sonny. Morgan and Kristina who care only when it benefits them) so they're going to have to come up with a very good reason for him to leave town when his father needs support because Mike is rapidly deteriorating because of his dementia, stepmother Carly is facing a jail term for murder, his best friend's widow just had a baby is and trying to remake her life. and if Valentin gets in trouble for Peter/Henrik, Lulu may be getting greater custody of Charlotte.

Unlike other characters, Dante isn't the kind of person to have a mental breakdown or run away from responsibility.  I hope whatever reason they come up with is good.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Unlike other characters, Dante isn't the kind of person to have a mental breakdown or run away from responsibility.  I hope whatever reason they come up with is good.

Laura wouldn't have stayed away for half of the stuff that happened in her absence, or Lucky, etc. Unfortunately writing out a character (if they're not killed off) usually requires at least a bit of contrivance.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Unfortunately writing out a character (if they're not killed off) usually requires at least a bit of contrivance.

True.  But at least in Laura's case the initial premise for her leaving, that her orphaned grandson needed her, made sense.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

True.  But at least in Laura's case the initial premise for her leaving, that her orphaned grandson needed her, made sense.

I was thinking more when she left after she woke up from her coma thing. 

• Love 2