Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

From the spoilers:

Sam and Jason spend time with Danny

And Danny says:  "Who the hell are you?"

"Where's my real dad?"

13 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I think the network wants GH to tank instead.

It is tanking, but there's nothing to replace it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"Where's my real dad?"

It is tanking, but there's nothing to replace it.

That white snow that no longer exists due to digital airwaves would probably have comparable ratings. Or put a picture on of one of those Yule logs with a fire, or whatever, for the hour.

• Love 2

Spec only: It would be nice if they did something substantive with SORAS'd Cameron. I groaned at "Look for him to be in the mix with Josslyn and Oscar," and I hope this isn't the main reason they aged him. If the actor is up to it, I'd like him to develop resentment of Franco. It's true that it would be delayed, because there hasn't been a hint of that with the previous actor, but they might have been writing to that kid's limitations (on the infrequent occasions he was even on). Maybe now he could act out a little.  He could start grilling Liz for info about his father. Maybe he thinks he's her least favorite because of her relative feelings about the three fathers. It may or may not be good, but there's potential in it,. There was a photo up of the new actor getting his hair cut, I guess for the role (?), and it looks as though they're making him resemble Zander. 

Also:  Josslyn as shoplifter...can we see the "Margaux tries to get the book thrown at Josslyn as part of her Sonny/Carly vendetta" story coming from a mile away?  I hope I'm wrong, because I could use a break from these stories where the Corinthos brood act all aggrieved that one of theirs doesn't get a legal break, and the story makes the person doing his/her job look like the villain. Dante with Michael's ax murder, Chase with Mike's gallery rampage, Margaux with the Carly case (which we know was a Nelle con, but it's not how it looked to anyone but Carly and Jason).  

• Love 10
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, statsgirl said:

Could they get any more romantic?  Not actually planning to take Danny to the fireworks but running into each other there so Jason has to spend time with Danny. This relationship has as little energy as Sam herself.

Jason is probably cutting through the park on his way to see Sonny so they can have the same conversation for the 20th time on how they have to get Carly out of Ferncliffe when he runs into her.  ROMANCE!!

I'm rooting for Kelly Monaco to go.  There's just nothing left for her character now that they have ripped apart every bit of character growth she had in order to make her Jason's doormat again.  

I'll be shocked if she leaves.  She seems like a lifer, no matter how badly her character is treated.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/30/2018 at 4:10 PM, statsgirl said:

Could they get any more romantic?  Not actually planning to take Danny to the fireworks but running into each other there so Jason has to spend time with Danny. This relationship has as little energy as Sam herself.

Jason is just father of the year let's be honest. The award is for parenting 47 year old Carly Corinthos but what devotion!

July 4th fireworks scene:

Danny:  Dad! Mom look, its my dad, Jason!

Jason:  Hey, Davey!

Danny:  It's Danny...

Jason:  Of course it is buddy!

Danny:  I'm watching fireworks

Jason:  *takes a knee in at attempt to be attentive and fatherly* Davey, you know what sounds a lot like fireworks? The gunshots I fire for Uncle Sonny.

Sam:  *looks on proudly and wistfully*

Danny:  ...You think my brother Jake would want to watch the fireworks too?

Jason:  Who? Did you mean Carly?

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 14

He looks older than Michael. Of course, he also looks a little like Chase and Plywood and an older version of Rafe. I guess this is FV's version of Guza's petite brunettes

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Neptune said:

Uh oh, nothing good is going to come from my poor Scotty finding out about Griffin and Kiki's tryst.  If he tells, he'll get dragged.  If he keeps it a secret and it comes out later, he'll get dragged.

• Love 4

Oh geez, I just read a spoiler that Sam Manning that stupid cub scout or whatever tells Todd Franco and John McBain Dr. Michael Easton about the man on the wheel the douchebag in the cabin.  I just...I should be into this, I loved OLTL and I really liked Sam and Todd together, but this is just pointless, dumb pandering.

Also, there's another spoiler about Lucy telling Kevin that he doesn't seem like himself.  Hopefully this one actually pans out.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, there's another spoiler about Lucy telling Kevin that he doesn't seem like himself.  Hopefully this one actually pans out.

So he's really Ryan and they're doing a Man In The Iron Mask thing?

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, it is insane to me the idea that a Ryan return would be mostly about Carly, or Franco even, with Lucy and Felicia occasionally chiming in from the sidelines.  So stupid.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

How would Ryan even have survived?? I mean, I'm for a return if it can be fun and good story for Lindstrom, etc. (but it'll probably be what's described above), but didn't we watch him burn alive?

Did Ryan ever show up on "Port Charles".  I feel like I remember something about Kevin having a mental breakdown post-getting abducted by candles/paintings and it maybe being tied into Ryan somehow?  Am I remembering that right?

11 minutes ago, jsbt said:

How would Ryan even have survived?? I mean, I'm for a return if it can be fun and good story for Lindstrom, etc. (but it'll probably be what's described above), but didn't we watch him burn alive?

I thought Ryan was most sincerely dead, too. I'm glad JL gets more to do, but I'm tired of Ryan popping back up when they need a disposable villain. And I really don't need Carly to be the one to save the day here. UGH. 

(Love the new avatar, @jsbt; you never disappoint there!)

• Love 2
(edited)

I am pretty sure Ryan has been dead since like '95, but don't quote me.

IIRC Kevin did have a breakdown on GH when Guza took over, and began channeling Ryan - and it may have happened again on PC when he went evil in the vampire years - but Ryan himself stayed dead, I believe. I don't have much of an issue with resurrecting him but it would have to be a damn good story. None of Kevin or Lucy's kids are around, let alone Lucy herself much. (Or Kevin's actual current wife, which is a whole other barrel of monkeys) If they were this would be great; instead you have what, Ryan, Kevin, Carly, Jason, maybe some temp material for Lucy? That's idiotic storytelling. I wonder if they'll do a nod to history by getting Felicia and Mac involved briefly. Ryan was obsessed with Felicia. But again, still not enough.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

(Love the new avatar, @jsbt; you never disappoint there!)

I know what my people want

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

Ryan is most sincerely dead. The only way, I would find it acceptable that Ryan is alive is if he somehow faked his death and also faked Georgie's death who he had kidnapped originally as a baby.

• Love 1
(edited)

And didn't we pretty recently do this with Anna and Alexandra Merrick, with "Anna" acting slightly off and it taking FOREVER for the show to confirm a switch had happened.  And we know how awful that turned out.

But gawd, as jsbt suggested, it would be such a great story if Lucy and her/their kids were involved, siiigh!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

I am pretty sure Ryan has been dead since like '95, but don't quote me.

IIRC Kevin did have a breakdown on GH when Guza took over, and began channeling Ryan - and it may have happened again on PC when he went evil in the vampire years - but Ryan himself stayed dead, I believe.

Oh yeah, and Stefan made Alexis get herself hired as his attorney. Whatever happened to that? Did that somehow lead to the hospital being bankrupted so Stefan could buy it? Or did it just fizzle out?

Edited by ulkis
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, it is insane to me the idea that a Ryan return would be mostly about Carly, or Franco even, with Lucy and Felicia occasionally chiming in from the sidelines.  So stupid.

With no to little mention of Kevin's current wife, I'm sure. It's the show's own fault Genie isn't on contract but surely they can't be that dense to have created a whole Kevin/Ryan story for her onscreen husband and not expect viewers to wonder where Laura is or why isn't SHE the one worrying about her husband instead of Lucy!

• Love 3

Oh gawd, what if it becomes a Lulu story.  "Mom called and said she hadn't heard from Kevin in a while and something about that just triggered my investigative journalist Spidey sense!"  Ugh.

But I will say this - I get your point about Laura, it's 100% right.  But for me, Lucy and particularly Felicia are more important pieces in any kind of Ryan story given the former's looong history with Kevin and the later being the focus of Ryan's obsession.

• Love 4

Laura could be trying to piece together where Ryan was before he hit Ferncliffe, which would at least make Laura an active, if offscreen, participant in this story. But I'm sure she'll still be playing nursemaid to stupid Spencer, and no one will clue her in to what's going on because they don't want to worry her. *rme*

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, what if it becomes a Lulu story.  "Mom called and said she hadn't heard from Kevin in a while and something about that just triggered my investigative journalist Spidey sense!"  Ugh.

But I will say this - I get your point about Laura, it's 100% right.  But for me, Lucy and particularly Felicia are more important pieces in any kind of Ryan story given the former's looong history with Kevin and the later being the focus of Ryan's obsession.

I totally get your point and I would be pleasantly surprised if they actually got those pieces of GH history correct. Because if there is any type of story about Ryan/Kevin, it's a must that Felicia (and Lucy and Mac) has to at least be referenced. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh yeah, and Stefan made Alexis get herself hired as his attorney. Whatever happened to that? Did that somehow lead to the hospital being bankrupted so Stefan could buy it? Or did it just fizzle out?

I honestly don't recall the details or if Kevin was ever intended to have a deeper link to the Cassadines that got cut (like other elements of that story, such as Alexis having a secret daughter). I'd heard something along the lines of a yes, but the last time I brought it up someone here said no.

• Love 1

Is it too much to hope that Elizabeth will be surprised by her brother, Steven Lars, coming to visit? He needs to get out of prison already. They had a great sibling relationship, he had a relationship with her boys, he was a doctor at GH, and he could remind her that a) Franco is his half-brother so it's weird and b) he was there and witnessed the hell she suffered when Franco arranged to kidnap newborn Aiden and c)all of the Franco's behavior can't be blamed on a tumor or trauma in childhood.

• Love 4
On 7/5/2018 at 3:43 PM, LexieLily said:

It's the show's own fault Genie isn't on contract but surely they can't be that dense to have created a whole Kevin/Ryan story for her onscreen husband and not expect viewers to wonder where Laura is or why isn't SHE the one worrying about her husband instead of Lucy!

Yes, they can. The go to for MIA/off-screen Laura is that she should be kept in the dark about things because "nobody wants to worry her due to her mental health/history of breakdowns."  When teenage Lucky wanted nothing to do with Luke after finding out about Laura's rape, Laura didn't know they were on the outs 'til she returned to PC. When Lucky was devastated about Luke running over Jake, there was little to no mention of Laura or Bobbie being worried (and certainly no JJ&GF or JJ&JZ scenes) about Lucky - even though Bobbie had been in the same situation and could empathize with her nephew! I'm pretty sure Laura was kept in the dark when Aiden was kidnapped from the hospital, too.  The only time in the last few years that I can recall the writing supporting that Laura should possibly be involved with a "crisis" is when Luke was MIA and Tracy offered Laura her plane/financial support to go find Luke because she felt that L&L's history made Laura the right person to retrieve/save/smack some sense into Luke. Laura turned her down, saying nope not my place anymore.

• Love 3
(edited)

I also read that Carly somehow manages to interrupt the wedding.  I hope she's dragged off kicking and screaming by Ferncliff guards.

By the way, none of the Q's are at this sham wedding?  And how pathetic that Jason is the best man.  Make a friend, Michael, make one today.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

All of that sounds very possible, except for Carly being dragged off by Ferncliff guards. Sonny has them all on his payroll by this point, I'm sure. Look at the way everyone strolls into Carly's room—people have to work harder to get into the MetroCourt.

Jason would be a terrible best man even if the wedding weren't some sort of scam. He stands up there glaring at everyone. Eesh.

• Love 3

From that link:

Liz remains a supportive friend to Kiki

I'm legit glad this is continuing.

Curtis attempts to give Liz some answers

About Hayden? I can't figure out what else it might be.

Will a blast from the past save the day?

This is at least the third week we've read about this, LOL.

• Love 2

I really want to see Drew and Margaux interact.  They played very well off of each other on Y&R, but the actors have history and I just wanna see how it goes with their chemistry.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And so it begins...

It is of course going to be played as Drew being the Big Bad Evil (even worse than Julian, gasp) if he goes to the DA or the Feds to share what he knows/can give evidence on re: Jason and Sonny's crimes and of course Sam will be so appalled and we will be meant to sympathize with Sonny and Jason, but I will laugh so hard and I might even applaud the show for a minute if they actually take this route.

• Love 5