Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jma14 said:

Maybe they’ll give Peter a brain tumor that excuses all his bad behavior too. 

Excusing bad behavior, but not bad acting, or how bland the character is.

Death is the best outcome and Peter is well past his expiry date.

• Love 9

I'm just gonna put this out there... If Maxie dies.... then that would be quite a shocker and would mix things up good, especially when it comes to Bailey.  BLQ isn't gonna give that baby up to her grandparents.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I'm just gonna put this out there... If Maxie dies.... then that would be quite a shocker and would mix things up good, especially when it comes to Bailey.  BLQ isn't gonna give that baby up to her grandparents.  

Kind of would be here for the drama of that.

Honestly, either this leads to BLQ/Chase having a baby of their own or they keep Bailey

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Honestly, either this leads to BLQ/Chase having a baby of their own or they keep Bailey

Unless Maxie dies (not gonna happen) I don’t see a way for Chase and BL to keep Bailey, although I wish they could.

Most people on this show who have kids seem to like the idea of being parents more than they like the actual parenting. (Not just Maxie, but also Sam and to a certain extent, Carly. Liz is the rare exception of a hands-on parent.) Brooke Lynn is actually devoted to this baby, and Chase has quickly come on board. I felt their heartbreak when they had to temporarily give her up.

But Maxie will return, reclaim her trophy child only to put her on a shelf to gather dust, and I assume BL and Chase will make their own baby.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Most people on this show who have kids seem to like the idea of being parents more than they like the actual parenting.

The writers are terrible with this. An actor gets pregnant IRL and they write it in no matter if it makes sense for the character. It's not as if Sasha and Brando's baby gave me any insight into either of them. I'm glad the baby was a tock, but it was also a waste of time.  Donna is certainly another waste of time. Carly and Sonny didn't need another kid by any stretch, and the ridiculous spina bifida twist was insulting in a lot of ways. Wiley's story is a gigantic bust because the show just can't have the Corinthii lose anything. Michael had way too much access to Wiley for their "reunion" to have any emotional resonance.

It's pretty obvious the writers have no idea what to do with a baby that isn't a tock. Yet they keep giving characters babies.

• Love 10

They should kill Maxie, there would be no loss. She does nothing, then there could custody battle for Bailey.  

Spinelli has James for some reason, Obrehct/Nina/Britt should band together to get him. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
On 2/19/2022 at 2:52 PM, dubbel zout said:

The writers are terrible with this. An actor gets pregnant IRL and they write it in no matter if it makes sense for the character. [...]

It's pretty obvious the writers have no idea what to do with a baby that isn't a tock. Yet they keep giving characters babies.

Because (allegedly) babies are one of the only stories the network is guaranteed to greenlight in the 21st century. It's so lazy, IMO.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

They should kill Maxie, there would be no loss. She does nothing, then there could custody battle for Bailey. 

They should kill her in a way similar to how they killed Morgan. He's been gone about five and a half years now. We all know we could read any day that someone new has been cast to play him, and he was thrown clear of the blast and wandered around all this time with amnesia or whatever shit, but they're covered either way. And at least five years without Maxie sounds really good right now. 

The only bad thing is that Flea's other daughter died brutally. I don't like her, but even I think that's a lot for a soap parent. Then again...Monica. 

• Love 3

I think Felicia's been through so much, as has Maxie, that there's no need for that. There is a need to write Maxie out for at least several years, until Kirsten is doing better or a recast is primed and above all the character is less spent and drained and can be reconceived.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

The only bad thing is that Flea's other daughter died brutally. I don't like her, but even I think that's a lot for a soap parent. Then again...Monica. 

That's exactly what I thought. Monica still has Drew while Felicia would have no one. Meanwhile Carly gets to keep her babies and the ones she hoarded (because I know that Morgan is coming back.

And no child, especially one of Nathan's, deserves to be raised by Spinelli.

Tbh, I don't mind Maxie or KSt. The problem with Maxie is not in the acting but in the writing which makes her all about her men, and knows nothing better to do with her than give her babies while Lucy, Sasha (who is a newbie) and even Brook Lynn get to be smart businesswomen. The daughter of Frisco and Felicia deserves better.

She needs a professional storyline of the kind that they are giving Alexis these days.

And also they need to stop saying that Felicia and Mac are looking after her kids because they don't want to show them on screen. I don't think that there is anything wrong with grandparents wanting to take a trip with their grandchildren but it makes Maxie appear to be a negligent parent.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She needs a professional storyline of the kind that they are giving Alexis these days.

She has one with Deception. The IPO is on hold until Maxie returns/gets Louise back, so maybe the writers will pick up that thread again. 

In general I think the show is terrible at writing work stories, no matter who's involved. The writers clearly have no interest in crafting anything interesting. They'd rather recycle any number of tired, spent stories..

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She has one with Deception. The IPO is on hold until Maxie returns/gets Louise back, so maybe the writers will pick up that thread again. 

In general I think the show is terrible at writing work stories, no matter who's involved. The writers clearly have no interest in crafting anything interesting. They'd rather recycle any number of tired, spent stories..

Hasn’t she been pretty stagnant though? Career wise, she’s not too far from where she was in the Kate Howard, Crimson days even though it’s been 14/15 years. I think she briefly talked about wanting to do more a couple years ago but I don’t think it went anywhere. However, I don’t think this show writes careers for legacy characters too well. A lot of them either bum around or just thrown into a random job to fill a gap so they appear unqualified. Robin was one of the few exceptions because she was offscreen fro a few years and I think the actress could sell smart doctor better than some of the others.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Hasn’t she been pretty stagnant though? Career wise, she’s not too far from where she was in the Kate Howard, Crimson days even though it’s been 14/15 years. I think she briefly talked about wanting to do more a couple years ago but I don’t think it went anywhere. However, I don’t think this show writes careers for legacy characters too well. A lot of them either bum around or just thrown into a random job to fill a gap so they appear unqualified. Robin was one of the few exceptions because she was offscreen fro a few years and I think the actress could sell smart doctor better than some of the others.

Maxie deserved to have Nina's job as she been doing the job for years covering for Nina and had worked a decade in the fashion and magazine industry,.

She left Crimson and Nina because she was being taken for granted and was not getting to move beyond her last position within the company which was below Nina. She went into business with Lucy and Sasha, and the three of them are owners of Deception along with Valentin. The company has become so successful that their IPO is going to go through as soon as Maxie returns from her kidnapping.

I hope when the IPO does go through that she buys a bigger place than her current 2 bedroom apartment. She will have three children that we won't see much onscreen but she can afford a bigger place for them.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

She went into business with Lucy and Sasha, and the three of them are owners of Deception along with Valentin. The company has become so successful that their IPO is going to go through as soon as Maxie returns from her kidnapping.

That's true. But Deception seems a side note in her story that's really all about Peter and Louise, with side conversations a bout Georgie with Spinelli and Felicia and Mac taking the two older kids. Even Deception meetings end up about conversations about Baileylou with Brook Lynn.

Maxie's work story is there, the writing rarely goes to it though and that makes her look like an airhead.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, and it’s a shame. There’s a lot of drama that could be generated by the inner workings of a company like Deception. Nighttime soaps do it all the time. But daytime soaps (or at least GH; I don’t watch others) seem to think all viewers want to see are women fighting over men, mystery parentage, and, of course, babies.

• Love 5

I see in the spoilers that Michael is going to apologize to Chase (March 1st spoiler).

1st, hell must be freezing over for Michael to apologize for anything since he is so goddamn perfect.

2nd, I'm assuming they want Michael to have the only friend he's ever had back. You know, the one who sacrificed his long term relationship so that Michael can keep his brat. Got kneed in the balls because Michael finds throwing punches very pedestrian. Then got lied to by that same friend. But Michael's family is unraveling, so he needs a sounding board.

I hope that Chase says, sure, apology accepted. We're still not friends and walks away.

I hope you guys will prepare for my rant when the Michael/Chase scenes play out. Keep them away from each other. Michael doesn't deserve friends.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

Wait, are they writing off KStorms for another medical leave? That's great the show is being accommodating to her health problems but can't she just go down to Texas like her mother did whenever they needed to write off Flea?

But, she no longer has family in Texas.  Didn't Felicia's mom or grandmother pass away?

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. I think the last we heard, her grandmother hurt/injured herself so Felicia had to go to Texas to help her.

Damn, Mariah is long-lived.

Though that made me wonder if June Lockhart is still alive. She is! She's 96.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Damn, Mariah is long-lived.

Though that made me wonder if June Lockhart is still alive. She is! She's 96.

I think they used that stupid excuse to explain why Felicia wasn't at Maxie's wedding that never happened due to COVID in real life. Not that Kristen had it, but the restrictions.

3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Wait, are they writing off KStorms for another medical leave?

Is she? I haven't seen anything about it. Spoilers say that she's getting her daughter back this week. So I'm personally not sure that she's going anywhere.

Not sure if it’s still considered a spoiler considering the actor announced it but teasing Shawn/Alexis today when he’s about to leave was a weird choice. They’ve shared a lot of scenes together since he returned but none of them played as either wanting to be more than friends. I know sometimes they drag out couples getting together but I never saw anything that suggested that they were trying to reunite them prior to today. 

• Love 2
On 2/25/2022 at 8:48 PM, ffwbe said:

teasing Shawn/Alexis today when he’s about to leave was a weird choice. 

Yeah… unless it has something to do with his exit story. Maybe he will be the next man to end up dead in her bed and send her spiraling. 

What am I saying, they’ve already done that. This show never repeats a storyline.

• LOL 3

The spoilers that are out for the first couple weeks of March highly suggest that it’s Jake behind what’s happening to Liz. I find it disappointing if that’s the case and almost wish it was DID instead. Jake gaslighting his mom for wanting to date someone else is unbelievably cruel. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

The spoilers that are out for the first couple weeks of March highly suggest that it’s Jake behind what’s happening to Liz. I find it disappointing if that’s the case and almost wish it was DID instead. Jake gaslighting his mom for wanting to date someone else is unbelievably cruel. 

Unless it's a way to pull Elizabeth's family into a Cassadine plot? But yeah, as much as I hate DID stories, this isn't any more appealing. 

I wasn't watching when they retconned Jake's death and wouldn't recognize the actor currently playing him anyway. I would like to see Danny and Jake bond some time in the future and wreak havoc on PC but not today.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Jake gaslighting his mom for wanting to date someone else is unbelievably cruel. 

But Jake unable to deal with his mother moving on to a new man when he's lost his two father figures in less than a year makes psychological sense. Jake bonded with Franco in art therapy so they were even closer than he was with Jason.

They have to do something to add some conflict into Liz and Finn's relationship. Otherwise they're both so nice and they agree on everything and they fit into a new family perfectly. Zzzzz

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Jake unable to deal with his mother moving on to a new man when he's lost his two father figures in less than a year makes psychological sense. Jake bonded with Franco in art therapy so they were even closer than he was with Jason.

They have to do something to add some conflict into Liz and Finn's relationship. Otherwise they're both so nice and they agree on everything and they fit into a new family perfectly. Zzzzz

So it has to be Jake again? Didn't he already try to accidentally on purpose kill Sam when Billy Miller was in the role of Jack Doe just finding out he was Jason, because she was coming in between Liz and Jason?

Then again, I guess blood really does tell, if they have Jake doing this. This time to his own mother.

HARD PASS.

• Love 1

I absolutely believe Jake is still a headcase. He was raised for several years on Cassadine Island and indoctrinated by Helena, that whole Chimera thing was shrugged off too much. I don't think he should be doing this over serial killer Franco though. I think any issues with him should always go back to the Cassadines, and they have an actor who can play it.

• Love 7
(edited)

If it's Jake, slashing Liz's wedding dress is an odd choice.  The ring was a reminder of Friz.  Slashing her date dress (because she's moving on) would make more sense. 

eta, maybe it is rage against Franco for dying, i.e. the arson of his studio?  I suppose the destroyed dress might fit in that way.  The portrait appearing seems to be a dig against Liz, though.

Edited by ciarra
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Are there anything in the spoilers about the weather? I can't believe after all that heat wave chatter that it hasn't been mentioned in the last couple of episodes.

Oh, I’m sure they’ll get back to it in a month or two… maybe around the same time Esme finishes post-production (original music! Star wipes!) on Joss and Cam’s sex tape, and releases the damn thing already.

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Oh, I’m sure they’ll get back to it in a month or two… maybe around the same time Esme finishes post-production (original music! Star wipes!) on Joss and Cam’s sex tape, and releases the damn thing already.

LOL, that bad pacing would figure. "I can't believe how hot it is for...July!!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ciarra said:

If it's Jake, slashing Liz's wedding dress is an odd choice.  The ring was a reminder of Friz.  Slashing her date dress (because she's moving on) would make more sense. 

If it's Jake, then Jake will need psychological help pronto.

Honestly, instead of having Drew showing up at Carly's doorstep whenever her screeching slashes across the sky, how about having him share scenes with Jake with whom he was close. 

• Love 3

Have CM's Drew and Elizabeth had a scene together yet? You'd think he might seek her out and say hey. Too bad being the Corinthos lapdog is a full-time job.

I'm of two minds with the Jake thing. He should still have a boatload of problems due to Helena and losing two father figures. I'm glad it's not Elizabeth cracking up, but what Jake is actually doing doesn't track for me. I can't see him skulking around GH unnoticed by anyone (I know, it's a soap) and messing with her wedding rings or any of that stuff. His methods seem off, unless he's working with someone else who's telling him what to do.

I thought offscreen Jake was still seeing a therapist? He definitely was after the Chimera nonsense.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Have CM's Drew and Elizabeth had a scene together yet? You'd think he might seek her out and say hey. Too bad being the Corinthos lapdog is a full-time job.

No, they haven't, which doesn't make sense. Drew was close to Elizabeth's kids at the very least and he was friendly with Franco. Wasn't he there when they got married?

I don't need a thousand scenes of him talking to Carly about the same thing he talked about the day before and the one before that. But I think it's utterly stupid that the writers haven't bothered giving him scenes with Danny and Jake when he loved them as though they were his sons.

Pod!Drew is just . . . 

• Love 5

Jake was incredibly close to the previous Drew, more IMO than Jason despite hasty attempts near the end to change that. I'd rather see that serviced than more mourning of Gentle Land's End Jeffrey Dahmer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Honestly, instead of having Drew showing up at Carly's doorstep whenever her screeching slashes across the sky, how about having him share scenes with Jake with whom he was close. 

But how could it be about Carly then?

• LOL 4
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The only reason Jake isn't still hanging on Cassadine Island is that Lucky rescued him!

He rescued him and then turned around and left the next day! To chase…the darkness or whatever. I’m with @Melgaypet I hate what they’ve done to Lucky. 

• Love 2

It wouldn't even be that hard to make Lucky look like an involved parent. Aidan saying he wanted to try a recipe Lucky had sent him. A mention of Cam touring Stanford with Lucky. Jake's favorite baseball team being X because it was also Lucky's favorite team. Laura saying Lucky was making plans for when the boys were on a school break. Sometimes it's okay to tell and not show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

It wouldn't even be that hard to make Lucky look like an involved parent. Aidan saying he wanted to try a recipe Lucky had sent him. A mention of Cam touring Stanford with Lucky. Jake's favorite baseball team being X because it was also Lucky's favorite team. Laura saying Lucky was making plans for when the boys were on a school break. Sometimes it's okay to tell and not show.

I think he got the short end of the stick because they always want to make Liz’s SO the kids new daddy and take the lazy route with them not having their father in their lives. Jax was out of the country for the most of Josslyn’s childhood and they didn’t make him sound like a deadbeat. Same with Molly and Ric. It would have just as easy to say Liz’s kids were spending time with him the many times they were offscreen but they didn’t bother. 

• Love 3