Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

I have wanted an earlier start for a long time, in fact, even earlier than this. But somehow, I'm just not mentally ready for this yet! Still waffling on getting the feeds, but absolutely none of those pre-premiere goodies is any type of enticement to me.

At the very least, the season one housemates knew how long that season was.

Is it weird I'm more excited about seeing just how ugly they've managed to make the house look this year than I am about the housemates?

• Love 2
(edited)

The house decor theme is going to be Bananas! Literally, everything will be banana-patterned, or banana-colored, giant banana chairs. You heard it here first! Get ready because this season? Is going to be a ~Summer~Of~Bananas~

Edited by Liqidclark
  • Love 2

I always thought the BB House from Canada last year was awesome. It was real modern. It actually looked liked they had a big budget. Whereas the U.S. BB always looks like a trailer. I could never live in that thing for a month let alone 3 months. Gross!!

I always thought the BB House from Canada last year was awesome. It was real modern. It actually looked liked they had a big budget. Whereas the U.S. BB always looks like a trailer. I could never live in that thing for a month let alone 3 months. Gross!!

Especially with the insect problem they get every year.  Ick.  BB makes a lot of money, it's time to tear down the set and rebuild it fresh.

So "live feeds" is literally being able to watch the cast 24/7?  Do you get to chose which camera to watch or how does that work?

Yeah the feeds are 24/7. They do block off the feeds at certain times, like when they are playing in comps such as the POV, Have Not or as they did last season the BOB. And they will block also if there are surprises in the house, like when Jeff and Jordan came in last year that wasn't shown on the feeds. They block them so you watch the show.

They will sometimes show HOH comp on the feeds If it is say an Endurance that started when the live show was ending. I think we got like 2 of those last season the Snowman Comp and The First HOH competition for the Final HOH.

There are 4 camera feeds that are shown at any given time, so you can swap through the four but you don't have free reign of the whole house. They are pretty good at trying to have the cameras on people that are having game conversation. Like if all cameras people are just talking about random crap and someone starts taking game in another room that isn't on one of the 4 feeds at the moment they will switch.

There is literally "Big Brother" watching every moment. If someone sings on the feeds, we get blocked until they stop. They talk about people that aren't cleared for them to talk about we get blocked (like family and friends). They are usually told to stop and then they let the feeds back.

So yes you can literally watch them 24/7 for the whole time they are in the house, well except the first week, since I believe they are entering next week sometime and the show doesn't premiere until the 24th & 25th, So the feeds get turned on after the west coast airing on the 2nd night. You usually know who has won things and who is in trouble by watching them.

(edited)

Warning, the feeds kind of suck on the East Coast because the hamsters tend to be pretty nocturnal and are sleeping most of the day for East Coast viewers

Yeah that part does suck.

Though there were many a morning I'd get to work at 8am (NJ time) and the guys would still be around the pool table strategizing.

And then around 3pm you'd get to watch Donny walk around by himself for a few hours until other people started waking up.

ETA, when Brittney had to kick the soccer ball for 24 hours.

Yeah, all that accounted for 5% of the live feeds lol.

Edited by njbarmaid

I have never had the feeds, I read the feed sites and it is clear that the hamsters are boring during the day time. I wish that they all had to be up at 9 AM in California, so noon on the East Coast. If they were up earlier I would be more tempted to get the feeds. I only want to watch/listen to them when I am at work as part of my background noise.

• Love 1

Preach it, ProfCrash. That's why I've decided against the feeds again this year. I want them to entertain me, and watching them sleep isn't going to cut it. I'll keep up here and at Hamstertime, and call it a day. I need my beauty sleep too much to be up most of the night.

• Love 1

I also find that BBAD is sufficient for me. Not sure if you have a TV package that has PopTV (Dish & DirecTV have it for sure), but they know they are on TV at that time and tend to do things. It's on late so I record it and can fast forward the next day after work. It's enough to show me I wouldn't want full time feeds, but still get a feel for how they are outside of CBS editing.

(edited)

I live in Arizona so I'm on the houseguest time. But last season they were up until 5 or 6 am. I was asleep by then or sometimes waking up. They had the weirdest sleep schedule.

Edited by SiobhanJW
I also find that BBAD is sufficient for me. Not sure if you have a TV package that has PopTV (Dish & DirecTV have it for sure), but they know they are on TV at that time and tend to do things. It's on late so I record it and can fast forward the next day after work. It's enough to show me I wouldn't want full time feeds, but still get a feel for how they are outside of CBS editing.

Oh, that's a good idea.  I'm also eastcoast, so yeah, watching sleep is boring.  Thanks for the info all!

Just for reference, the schedule:

6/15: House reveal on ET
6/16: Live interviews with cast on CBS All Access (11 am et)
6/17: Cast interviews with media released

6/24: Big Brother 17 Premiere Part 1 (8 pm et)
6/25: Big Brother 17 Premiere Part 2 (Possible eviction?) (8 pm et)
6/26: Live feeds begin (Midnight et)

It always look like IKEA to me. Actually, that would a trailer that looks like IKEA. The beach has been used before, right? I mean I know it's a summer show but the beach them has been used correct? It must save them a lot of money by not even changing the layout. Couldn't they switch around a little? Maybe, have the bedrooms off the patio and the kitchen on the other side. Too late now. Maybe, next year. LOL!!!

Intrigued by Vanessa Rousso. I don't know much about poker but I've actually heard of her and from what I gather she's the real deal. Highly curious that there's a poker dealer among them who surely knows who Vanessa is and how much money she's made. 

Other than her this looks like any other cast, except the women seem slightly more willing to play than usual? Then again, there's always big talk before the game. As soon as they get in there, I'm sure they'll all just go with "what the house wants".

• Love 1

Wow, I just read all of the bios and what a boring cast. None of them sound super appealing at all. They all pretty much said the same thing: "I'm here to win, I'm loud and will make bold moves, I like to flirt and people love or hate me. I can manipulate people to get what I want".

The only ones that sound mildly interesting are Da'Vonne and James (oh look, incidentally the only two non-Caucasian players!). Vanessa could be interesting, especially alongside that other poker player chick, but...yeah, they just all sound super boring. But, as I learned from Zach last season, don't judge based on bios or even interviews. They will most likely all surprise me by the second day. 

I'm just really hoping that the women actually team up this season and are not catty and in constant competitions with each other. I am desperately craving an all female team so if some of these women are smart and driven like they say that they are, then they will team up. But....I know I'm asking for too much. Because, apparently, women can't be a team. Only men can, judging from this show. It's been a while since a women team was formed, right? 

• Love 1

Maybe I should take some comfort in the fact that actual grown ups don't want to drop out of society for a three month "experiment." But then again, maybe not.

I don't remember the round couch at all. Was it on the patio?

(edited)

I guess here won't be any hiding outside the HOH room. Now, that it's clear you can't eavesdrop. I sorta remember someone doing it pretty successfully but can't remember for the life of me who. The new cast is kind of meh. Aren't we missing two people? The key slots and new cast members don't add up?! Twist anyone ?!?

Edited by ByaNose

I don't remember the round couch at all. Was it on the patio?

I don't remember it at all either.

Aren't we missing two people? The key slots and new cast members don't add up?! Twist anyone ?!?

Yea, looks like we'll be getting at least 2 returning HGs.

So far Audrey is my fave since she seems nuts and I want drama.

• Love 1
(edited)

Attractive Clay seems worthless.  He's a recruit ("just learned about the show this year") and just wants to be loved by the public (i.e. get famous).  I vote to evict Clay.

ETA two things:

(1) Based on my normal first impression, Clay will likely end up being my favorite

(2) Do they move in today?  I know the show starts next week, but I'm not clear on how long they are usually in the house pre-filming. I thought it was only 3-4 days, but they have to be sequestered already.

Edited by AndreaK1041
  • Love 1
(edited)

Do they move in today?  I know the show starts next week, but I'm not clear on how long they are usually in the house pre-filming. I thought it was only 3-4 days, but they have to be sequestered already.

They normally move in about a week before the show premieres. And they're normally sequestered for about a week before they move it. So, yea, they'll probably move in today or tomorrow.

Edited by peachmangosteen

The only one I like is Da' Vonne.

I'm mildly intrigued by Vanessa Rousso. Everyone else seems very boring and I'm including the wrestler in that.

I think the show is more interesting when there's various ages and races cast JMHO.

Im in love with DaVonne's personality. I really hope she plays the game and wont be the token. If she doesn't make top 2 I hope for fanfav at least.

I like Audrey but trust if she plays awful AND shes a total bitch I wont hesitate to call her out. Not gender, but she will treated like everyone and equally.

I do think: Steve, Austin, Vanessa, DeVonne and Jace has potential to go far. But as a fan of the show Steve might be an early fav to win this.

• Love 1

Right now for some reason liking Meg, Vanessa and Austin.  Seem to have just enough savvy to know to lay low in the beginning.

James just seems likes this year's caleb.  The other youngins (just grouping all the other guys together) just too eager for my taste.

Other women kinda blending together for me except for Da'Vonne, waiting to see how she picks up on Vanessa (also wondering how she will do with 7 month old baby at home).

John the dentist needs to leave immediately. I already know I'm going to find his DRs to be insufferable.  I missed the first four, but I liked Steve and Vanessa, Liz irritated the crap out of me, Da'Vonne seemed really cool, and Clay is the recruitiest recruit who was ever recruited.  Plus he's an Aggie, and as a University of Houston grad, that's already a huge strike two for me.

I'm trying to figure out if this particular group of guys could pull off a Brigade/Detonator type deal, and I don't see it happening.  I could be very wrong, but I hope not.  Last year was one of the most boring seasons ever (along with the Brigade year).  I need the house to flip a LOT. 

• Love 2

Yikes. Super young, not at all diverse. Hopes for an interesting season just dropped a bit.

Age range from 22 to 33.

All students, retail, service or entertainment industry..

Thanks, BB, for assembling a cast with which I have next to no chance of relating.

• Love 6