Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

I'm debating REAL hard about how close I follow it this season - if at all.

Lotta time investment for not much payback.

Especially considering the last two seasons.

I am there, too.  My muscles atrophied and pizza boxes piled up.  I did not want to take the time to break them down for the trash.  I didn't even get the feeds thinking I would not spend as much time.  Well, it takes longer to read and catch up so I  got them half way through.  And then I realized that it took even more time because I had to watch them AND read here.   I justified it because I live in Florida and stay inside in the air conditioning a lot.  Well, that turned out to be lame.  It isn't that bad outside.  No shoveling. 

Disclaimer.  This can change.  

• Love 4

I just saw that Jeff and Jordan are going to be on the next season of Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars--should be interesting

I agree.  I wish Jeff had not turned me off with his anti gay comments.  They had the potential to be lovable.  I do like Jordan; she is hysterical.  

• Love 3

I'm afraid that I'm Big Brother's bitch, and, even worse, it knows it.  But man I hated Frankie Grande so, so much.  And I hated the trolls from the season before even more.  I wish I could give it up, but I know I'm weak. 

• Love 7

So - one of the Nashville television stations just ran a teaser for their locally broadcast noontime show.

Guess what show is having a casting call in the area?

Personally, I sorta think it's to my credit the first three words which popped to mind were "Oh HELL no." :)

• Love 4

So - one of the Nashville television stations just ran a teaser for their locally broadcast noontime show.

Guess what show is having a casting call in the area?

Personally, I sorta think it's to my credit the first three words which popped to mind were "Oh HELL no." :)

Oh cmon man.  You would so Beast Mode Cowboy the shit out of that game!  ;-)

I'm debating REAL hard about how close I follow it this season - if at all.

Lotta time investment for not much payback.

Especially considering the last two seasons.

As of right now, I don't think I will follow the LFs at all - other than reading/responding here, reading BB update sites, and some BBAD from time to time. 

I caught some of 14 and up until about halfway through last season, and the time investment needed to keep up with everything is just a bit too much.  That, and considering how Derrick worked the whole house from beginning to end (at least I'm guessing from half-thru-end, since he won), it was just frustrating and maddening.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2

Oh cmon man.  You would so Beast Mode Cowboy the shit out of that game!  ;-)

Nah, I got a real job - can't take off a month at a shot unless a collision with a bus is involved. Maybe after I retire. :)

• Love 2

Julie was answering twitter questions today she was asked who was her favorite big brother contestant who never won she answered "Hands Down Janelle". Thought it was interesting since Julie rarely gives her personal feelings on house guests.

• Love 3

It was very clear that Janelle was a JC favorite from the first season she was on BB.   I think she also reeeeeeally liked Dr. Will and Chilltown's game.  Ian was another favorite, IIRC.

But yes, she does try to remain somewhat circumspect.  

I remember once (during season 6 I think) someone was interviewing Julie and asked who her least favorite contestant was and she said it was Jase. She said something like I wouldn't cross the street to talk to him. Then he was on all stars the very next season! 

• Love 2

I remember once (during season 6 I think) someone was interviewing Julie and asked who her least favorite contestant was and she said it was Jase. She said something like I wouldn't cross the street to talk to him. Then he was on all stars the very next season!

I remember that too! It was back when Marcellas did house calls.

They had a casting call in my area as well.  With Derek being from my state I wonder if they were looking for the next Derek (Rolling my eyes).

As much as I am ashamed to admit it, I actually applied to be on seasons five and six.  Heck if I thought I had any chance of being casted I would still apply and that is something I am not proud to admit folks...

• Love 4

I'm in. I will always be in, I'm an addict, I know it and accept it. But I actually liked who won last season, so I get where others want to bail - I bailed on this season of Survivor for the first time since about season 5. I just hope everyone sticks around for the first two weeks, and then decides how awful these people are. I'm also happy there are casting calls happening, which means no all stars. I loathe all stars. But June 24th, I am ready.

• Love 4

I remember that too! It was back when Marcellas did house calls.

Marcellas is on Meredith Viera's show once or twice a week as a fashion stylist.  She seems to adore him.

I'm in.

I'm in, too.  I wonder what the twist will be this season?

• Love 1

They had a casting call in my area as well.  With Derek being from my state I wonder if they were looking for the next Derek (Rolling my eyes).

As much as I am ashamed to admit it, I actually applied to be on seasons five and six.  Heck if I thought I had any chance of being casted I would still apply and that is something I am not proud to admit folks...

I think that is good!  Be proud.  :>)

• Love 1
(edited)

Thank god you did not get on Season 6 aka the Cult of Cappie.

I really think only season 15 topped how nasty Season 6 was.

Edited by methodwriter85
(edited)

Heck if I thought I had any chance of being casted I would still apply and that is something I am not proud to admit folks...

Honestly, if I thought my personality could handle this environment, I would so apply. What's wrong with us?!

There's a rumor that Caleb will be in Season 32 of Survivor. The fact that CBS would let him on another one of their shows is just, well, saddening really. Why do I continue to give these shitty people my viewership?!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I agree.  I wish Jeff had not turned me off with his anti gay comments.  They had the potential to be lovable.  I do like Jordan; she is hysterical.

wings707: I totally agree about Jeff.  It's not just that he said something stupid, but his horror over Dumbledore being gay was so visceral and over the top (not to mention ridiculous). And then he insisted that the other houseguest, whose name I forget, was only cool with gay people being around children because she was trying to be politically correct for television -- as if no one could possibly hold that opinion for real. It was so revealing. Every time I see him on my screen, I resent the way BB tried to sweep it under the rug (allegedly instructing houseguests in the diary room not to talk about it) so that they and CBS could pimp him as a lovable guy.

Since I've been referring to it as "my summer crack" for years, I won't be going to rehab anytime soon, if ever. With the exception of Season 4, I've been watching since it all began. I try not to think about how I've also seen every single season of The Bachelor/ette, because then I wonder how much more productive I could have been in my life if I hadn't spent several hundred hours watching these shows. Eh...why start now?

• Love 4

I'm looking to sell my home and buy another, so I was researching local real estate agents online. Who's is now in the real estate business? Dan Gheesling. No surprise since he's from my town, but I guess a half a mil doesn't go far. 

I decided against hiring him as my agent. Too distracting

• Love 1

News about the Live Feeds from the official twitter:

It's that time of year! #BBLF is back & a better deal than ever at $5.99/month! Sign up now: http://bit.ly/1J2S758

#BBLF is better w/ #CBSAllAccess. Watch every season+first-ever live interviews w #BB17 HGs! http://bit.ly/1J2S758

So you have to pay monthly, there's no season pass thing, but it's actually cheaper. Plus, you get access to every BB and Survivor episode ever. And we're getting live interviews with the cast, which is kinda cool.

Also, Canada does not have official access anymore. Like you can't even use a Canadian credit card to get the feeds. 

Oh dear. At that price, I may just have to cave, It wouldn't be worth it ultimately if it didn't come with access to all of the other shows. There's still time for someone to talk me down though.

I saw this on another site and I don't know if it's actually confirmed, but they have a schedule for what's going to be happening on the feeds. 

6/10: Chat with Derrick

6/15: Chat with Frankie

6/16: Live stream interviews with new houseguests

No thanks on the first two, but I'm excited about live interviews with the cast.

• Love 1
(edited)

I really thought we'd get an All Stars for this season, but I guess not. Although I saw someone spec that maybe it's half and half since there's the two night premiere again. I am against newbies playing with vets in general, but the last couple casts have been SO bad that I might welcome it now.

ETA: Also, there's a rumor that someone(s) from last season is going to be on the next TAR. I imagine if it does happen, it's Hayden/Nicole. Miss Cleo on twitter said she'd post more info tomorrow.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I hope it's half and half too because of the terrible casting lately.  Surprisingly, it doesn't appear any of the cast from last season became famous, even though they were all convinced they would....

I kinda wish no one from last year would be on TAR because of how entitled they all seemed to it last year.  At least Hayden and Nicole were pretty likable over all compared to the other freaks, so hopefully it's them.

• Love 1

The spoiler which is no longer a spoiler, so I'll just write it untagged...

Zach and Frankie were invited on TAR, Frankie declined. Devin was cast in his place but at the last moment production decided not to include them. No BB16 people on TAR.

We really dodged a bullet there!

• Love 3

I can't really even remember who Devin is. But yeah, as much as I would like to see Zach again, it's not worth it if it means having to see Frankie. I'm kinda mad at TAR for even considering it.

Ah, yes, I should clarify.  That post was a rumor, I can't say it's true.

Imagine if the reason they were pulled from the cast of TAR was because one of them is on BB17... they do film at the same time. I think they would both be voted out pre-jury though if that were to happen.

Sorry, I've gone off topic... I'm sure there's a speculation thread for BB17 I can go to or start.  See you there :)

• Love 1

wings707: I totally agree about Jeff.  It's not just that he said something stupid, but his horror over Dumbledore being gay was so visceral and over the top (not to mention ridiculous). And then he insisted that the other houseguest, whose name I forget, was only cool with gay people being around children because she was trying to be politically correct for television -- as if no one could possibly hold that opinion for real. It was so revealing. Every time I see him on my screen, I resent the way BB tried to sweep it under the rug (allegedly instructing houseguests in the diary room not to talk about it) so that they and CBS could pimp him as a lovable guy.

Oh yes, I remember it well.  I would like to think he has changed but since he has not expressed the horror of his old thinking on SM I think not.  

I just want them to have Zingbot as a full-time housemate.

I would like to see Zingbot step up his game and come sooner and stay longer.  

Last summer, I spent a couple weeks at my sister's house, who's a big BB fan and she got me hooked (apparently despite the not so great casting - though I thought Frankie was at least entertaining).  I had never watched before.  So, if I get the CBS all access pass (which I was considering for other reasons too), which season(s) are the best to start?

I like season 3.  Danielle's Diary Rooms are awesome and I like the crazy with Gerry and the salad, everyone sitting in a bathtub of goo and Marcellus' idiotic, drama queen move.

I don't think I could watch season 6 again.  That season was just so hateful and the cult was creepy.  

• Love 1

I don't think I could watch season 6 again.  That season was just so hateful and the cult was creepy.  

I know the whole Cappy cult thing was bizarre; but there were some real memorable things and people that season.  James playing both ends against the middle; Janelle and Howie's antics with the light sabers late at night; the Kaysar/Janelle relationship; Howie screwing up and siding with Maggie... Kaysar returning and being duped by that one chick, can't think of her name...  It still ranks up there as one of my favorite seasons.

• Love 2

The broadcast show was also excellent for S6.  It pointed out how weird the "friendship" group was, but I think viewers were shielded from it.  Plus the twist was actually kind of good and worked for more than 24 hours.

• Love 1

i thought the twist fizzled quickly that year.  Within a couple of a days (if that) everyone had figured out they weren't the only "secret pair" in the house and quickly deduced everyone had a pair.

The only one I remember going on for a while was Project DNA.  Those awful twins actually pulled off the switch to get to the point where they could both play and I don't think the whole Cowboy/Nakomis reveal happened without prodding from the producers (even if the entire idea was beyond creepy to watch unfold on national TV).  Bonus points to them for casting two other players who also had twins so it wasn't quite so obvious who the twin pair was.