Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, Kaycee said 'a lottle bit' on The Challenge last night. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

Really? I mainly only caught Screaming Batshit Bayleigh 2: Electric Boogaloo and totally missed that...so it must actually be a thing? I'm glad I'm old enough that I just stick to "awesome" and "grody".

Regarding the season, I *think* they might be able to pull it off, but I'm still very curious how the production staff will be handled / protected. The quarantined HGs are the least exposed once they enter the house.

(Also waiting hopefully for baseball, but given they can't keep their spring training facilities virus-free, I remain skeptical. Going to be a very weird summer,  but I want everyone to stay safe.)

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Anyone remember Bayleigh and Kaycee being flirty during their season?

I remember Bayleigh/Kaycee being friendly, maybe a little bit flirty. I do remember Kaycee saying that Bayleigh was her type. So I can see why Bayleigh would say that....BUT I also think that Bayleigh is making it seem like it's way more serious than it actually was. Kaycee wasn't going around, trying to sleep with Bayleigh. If she was flirting (quite possible), it was partly for strategy. I don't doubt Kaycee/Bayleigh were friends. Kaycee seemed to enjoy Bayleigh's company, and vice versa. But it wasn't to the point where both women were fighting to sleep with each other or anything. 

Also, I don't watch The Challenge but I'm going to assume that the producers pushed for Bayleigh/Kaycee to fight about this to make it a bigger deal than both women probably actually think it is? Not that I like Bayleigh and I don't mind Kaycee, and I know we've seen Bayleigh in unprovoked screaming matches before, but I have to assume this moment was producer-driven, for the most part. The clip above made it seem like Kaycee couldn't care less and Bayleigh felt like she was forcing the screaming.

But, then again, I always question edited reality shows like this, since 80% of drama is usually prompted by production because they need storylines.  

I can accept certain things. I can accept that words change and new words emerge and sometimes fetch happens and sometimes it doesn't. I can accept that like is the new hmm or vocal pause to gather your thoughts. I can accept that literally now means figuratively and figuratively means purple. I can accept these things even though I may not like them.

I DO NOT ACCEPT LOTTLE. I PUT MY FOOT DOWN WHEN IT COMES TO LOTTLE.

Also get off my lawn, I just seeded and fertilized it so I can grow enough fucks for a new season of Big Brother, should it actually happen. 

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Really? I mainly only caught Screaming Batshit Bayleigh 2: Electric Boogaloo and totally missed that...so it must actually be a thing?

Kaycee said it when her and Nany were laying all over each other. Kaycee said she never kissed Nany and then Nany said 'maybe a little bit' and then Kaycee said something like 'maybe a lottle bit.' I believe it was even captioned so you can see it in writing. I'm gonna choose to believe it's some kind of thing idiots from BB do so that I don't have to accept that it's an actual thing.

6 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Regarding the season, I *think* they might be able to pull it off, but I'm still very curious how the production staff will be handled / protected. The quarantined HGs are the least exposed once they enter the house.

I've been thinking all along that it's not gonna actually happen and now I'm pretty sure it won't. LA County is doing terribly right now apparently. The HGs themselves would be safe in the house but the crew would not be at all.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've been thinking all along that it's not gonna actually happen and now I'm pretty sure it won't. LA County is doing terribly right now apparently. The HGs themselves would be safe in the house but the crew would not be at all.

I don't think the HGs would be safe at all. The crew may not personally interact with the HGs (except during certain challenges but that's easily avoidable) but the crew does move through the passages in the house, enters the house for various reasons throughout the season, and brings outside things into the house (groceries, comp clothing, etc.).

I may be slightly paranoid because I'm classified as High Risk so I'm looking at being locked inside until 2021 when we either all die or there's a vaccine but really, unless that house and all the staff, crew, and button interns are hermetically sealed in a big plastic hampster bubble, I don't think you can really call them "safe". 

I'm not opposed to the Hampster Bubble, though. Theoretically it could roll and if we get enough Low Risk people together with safety equipment, we could just roll it into the ocean when Frankie is inside and not have to worry about his annoyingly pink head threatening to pop up every season. I might even break quarantine for that - the risk would be worth it. 

• Love 1

I don't plan on leaving my house until 2021 either lol.

I think it'd just be stupid to film it right now. Now, TPTB are probably pretty stupid but I don't think they're that stupid. And I just can't see why any former players would even want to do it now. As Frankie said (which ew to agree with him but), it would just be irresponsible to do it now.

But again, Kaycee and Josh were out partying in clubs in Miami last week, so there's probably enough fools among the former players to make a cast lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

To expand on the BB22 in the Love Island house rumor: a friend who works in television media told me today that Love Island might actually end up doing THEIR season in a hotel in Vegas, freeing up their house for BB22.

1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

I can't believe I get to break this news.

Maybe it's just me and I'm just old but if I wanted nothing to do with that crap anymore, then I just... wouldn't write a novella about it on social media? I'd live my life and not acknowledge it at all, but I guess I'm just a weird old crone or something.

Shut up, Christopher.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 6/23/2020 at 8:40 PM, Alice Mudgarden said:

I love that "lottle" is our takeaway from her post.

Like, I love love love it a lottle.

My primary reaction to this breakup (or whatever it is): disappointment, because now we’ll never get any candid “leaked” phone camera shots of the slutty watermelon costume Holly HAD to be wearing to help Jackoff get it up.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:32 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Not unless the crew(s) were quarantined and sequestered as well.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Not unless the crew(s) were quarantined and sequestered as well.

Yea, apparently that's a possibility. I can't see people wanting to do that but I guess if they need the money maybe they would even if they'd rather not.

• Love 1

Yea, apparently that's a possibility. I can't see people wanting to do that but I guess if they need the money maybe they would even if they'd rather not.

The cash incentives would have to be significant, for sure; in addition to that, though, many may accept or even actively pursue slots on the crew roster simply because it gives them an opportunity they might not have otherwise - the chance to work on a major network production project - and being able to put THAT on their resume could open doors which would be the most remote of dreams otherwise.  And this is a door which might open one time only, and never again; many of the show’s “standard” recurring crew roster might not be able to accommodate such restrictions this year due to marriages, children, etc., but a coronavirus vaccine available by this time next year would restore their availability.

Think about it; might you be inclined to put up with three months of deprivation, if doing so could immeasurably improve the rest of your life?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

Think about it; might you be inclined to put up with three months of deprivation, if doing so could immeasurably improve the rest of your life?

No lol. But yea, I'm sure they can find some people who would.

I still don't think it's gonna happen though. Or, if it does, it's gonna be more towards the fall or something. It's pretty much July and there's been nothing from CBS about it at all.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Nashville said:

My primary reaction to this breakup (or whatever it is): disappointment, because now we’ll never get any candid “leaked” phone camera shots of the slutty watermelon costume Holly HAD to be wearing to help Jackoff get it up. 

Dead. I am dead, and you're the killer. 😂 😂 💀 😂 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

Dead. I am dead, and you're the killer. 😂 😂 💀 😂 

Please take no offense when I say I find your death at my hands strangely fulfilling....  😁

• Love 1
On 6/17/2020 at 2:16 PM, Lady Calypso said:

It won't be Cody or Jessica this season. Jessica's four-five months pregnant now, and I do NOT see Cody doing BB without Jessica.

Cody usually has his daughter in the middle of the summer. This year he got her beginning of June instead of July. I could see him doing the show without Jessica. Side note: Cody has his eight year-old daughter running two miles on his treadmill and I want to cry for how awful her self-esteem is going to be. At one point she did an IG story and kept complaining that Cody only had one YT video with her posted and he shut her down fast. I could totally see him doing BB without Jessica. Her mother lives with them/works as their nanny so I don't think he'd think twice about leaving her.

10 hours ago, TimWil said:

I can totally see Cody yelling at his 8 year old daughter “I DON’T WANT TO HEAR VICTIM NOISES!”

I watch his Instagram stories - this is accurate. (Minus the yelling, but yes, she's very well versed in what victim noises are, and why they're unacceptable.) 

Alex Kidwell is saying on twitter that there is a premiere date set.

ETA: I originally had the tweets linked but apparently this Alex Kidwell guys is a real scumbag so I felt kinda icky about it. Still, apparently he is usually pretty reliable with info.

23 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

I watch his Instagram stories - this is accurate. (Minus the yelling, but yes, she's very well versed in what victim noises are, and why they're unacceptable.) 

For real though, she says whatever she thinks Cody wants to hear. She's desperate for his approval. It's painful to watch this small child doing fucking pushups while her father stands over her counting them off. That's straight up abuse and Jessica just sits there and records him and giggles. I had sympathy for her for awhile because she seems like a prisoner in that house with no friends, no life, no job, nothing. But if she's going to just sit there while Cody treats his kids like that, she's as bad as he is.

Now Alex Kidwell is saying there's going to be something Bug Brother (leaving this typo) related airing on July 12th. 

If true, I assume it'd be something like the Survivor retrospective they aired before Winners at War. In other words, completely useless lol.

Imagine if, after all this, either the show doesn't even happen this summer or it does and then is canceled after 2 weeks. The hilarity!

20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
ETA: I originally had the tweets linked but apparently this Alex Kidwell guys is a real scumbag so I felt kinda icky about it. Still, apparently he is usually pretty reliable with info.

Wait. Why is Alex Kidwell a scumbag? I always thought he seemed like a decent guy championing for women and minorities from what I’ve seen. But if there’s something more please share! He definitely does have some kind of insider knowledge regardless. 

3 hours ago, diana said:

Wait. Why is Alex Kidwell a scumbag? I always thought he seemed like a decent guy championing for women and minorities from what I’ve seen. But if there’s something more please share! He definitely does have some kind of insider knowledge regardless. 

Apparently there are rumors he was sexually harassing women at conventions I think and he was fired from RHAP as a result. I don't know all the details, I just saw a bunch of references to it on reddit, which I now check daily and I truly hate myself for that lol.

I was intrigued by the idea of an All Stars Big Brother, until someone mentioned Paul.  Then I was not.

Then someone mentioned it might be interesting to see Paul face off against Frankie "do you know my sister is Ariana" Grande.  Then I was on board again.

Then someone mentioned that watermelon man Miche might be in with his girlfriend after their fake breakup, and then I was out.

But then there's Dan.  I never understood the whole "Dan's Funeral" thing that flipped the game, but I know he was a bit of a genius,and I'd like to see him scramble.  He gave good DRs, particularly when he was describing his scramblings and manipulations.  And then Derrick.  I'm actually a rare Derrick fan.  It was a pleasure to watch him own that season--but that was before my addiction to the live feed threads happened, so maybe if I'd read those threads instead of the "RealityNewsOnline" daily recaps I'd understand the Derrick hate.

Then someone mentioned that some of the "Stars" were requiring that there be no live feeds and I was off board again.  That's my FAVORITE part of the show:  comparing and contrasting the broadcast shows versus what I read here from you fine feedster folk.

I think they need to do BB:OG.  Go back to the basics, as was posited a few pages back.  Finish this massive 1000 piece puzzle so you can eat today.  However many scrambled food words you can unscramble in one minute is that many of that food item you get today.  The booth Q/A set could be good for several HoH and Veto comps if they choose amusing questions.  Eliminate the huge complicated sets with long build-up/break-down times, give the hamsters their backyard, they're going to need the fresh air these days.

And?  Not to be an enabler or anything, but I think one of the reasons why celebrity Big Brother was so amusing was the apparent free flowing alcohol.  They used to give more alcohol to the hamsters, until that drunk psycho held a knife to that drunk girl's throat in an early season.  Then they shut down the open bar to barely enough booze for one beer, or one glass of wine apiece.  That sort of consumption ain't going to lead to shenanigans!  If they're afraid of liability, get rid of the HoH bedroom and other upstairs rooms to keep everyone on the ground floor.  Don't put up a stupid climbing wall. 

• Love 7

Apparently there are rumors he was sexually harassing women at conventions I think and he was fired from RHAP as a result. I don't know all the details, I just saw a bunch of references to it on reddit, which I now check daily and I truly hate myself for that lol.

Ah ok, thanks. I had only heard something about a mental issue, depression or something as to why he left RHAP. Just looked at the Reddit stuff and wow I had no idea. Good to know though.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

And?  Not to be an enabler or anything, but I think one of the reasons why celebrity Big Brother was so amusing was the apparent free flowing alcohol.  They used to give more alcohol to the hamsters, until that drunk psycho held a knife to that drunk girl's throat in an early season.  Then they shut down the open bar to barely enough booze for one beer, or one glass of wine apiece.  That sort of consumption ain't going to lead to shenanigans! 

Kinda yes and kinda no? The booze still flowed pretty good in some seasons (I remember a lot of wine in Rachel and BRENNAN!!!1's seasons even though I'm pretty sure Rachel was requesting tequila at first). It wasn't always booze-y but it had its moments. It was BB15, WineGate, and the subsequent racist bullshit that ended up really turning off the booze tap - I think they figured that if they weren't as drunk, they might not say such stupid shit but of course they still do. It helped that BB16 was a pretty dry season because I think Frankie is a recovering alcoholic and Donny was a good ol' boy and Derrick was all about the game so the booze wasn't that wanted except by Beast Mode Stalker and by the time BB17 rolled around, we were down to our official six pack + 1 bottle of white + 1 bottle of red once every three weeks if you don't ask for it to be split between 16 people. 

As someone who has been buying wine by the box since Quarantine 2020 became a thing, I'm horrified at the thought of being locked in a house and only getting one little glass of wine to get me through - and I like the husband and the cat but I'm still tempted to put my lips on the tap of the box and do like GinaMarie did in that froyo food comp. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

And then Derrick.  I'm actually a rare Derrick fan.  It was a pleasure to watch him own that season--but that was before my addiction to the live feed threads happened, so maybe if I'd read those threads instead of the "RealityNewsOnline" daily recaps I'd understand the Derrick hate.

It's so funny because I hate Derrick but I feel like he's almost beloved among BB fans and you like him and feel he's hated. It further proves my hypothesis that if you like someone that's marginally hated you think they're more hated than they actually are and if you hate someone that's marginally liked you think they're more liked than they actually are. I don't know, it's always just been kinda interesting to me lol.

I was down for the idea of Paul and Frankie in the same season. That has the potential to provide some really entertaining stuff. But, if they do end up doing this season, I really don't think Frankie's on it. He really seemed like he was against doing it at this time in that twitch (or whatever) thing he did.

Yea, it was definitely a combination of the racists of BB15 and Frankie's alcoholism that killed the HGs getting alcohol. I'm torn because like, it shouldn't be entertaining to watch people get really drunk and make fools of themselves, but it is so I want it lol.

• Love 2
On 6/30/2020 at 7:29 PM, HurricaneVal said:

I think they need to do BB:OG.  Go back to the basics, as was posited a few pages back.  Finish this massive 1000 piece puzzle so you can eat today.  However many scrambled food words you can unscramble in one minute is that many of that food item you get today.  The booth Q/A set could be good for several HoH and Veto comps if they choose amusing questions.  Eliminate the huge complicated sets with long build-up/break-down times, give the hamsters their backyard, they're going to need the fresh air these days.

Yes, give me grocery comps! They don't even tell us who's on slop anymore, so just go back to PB&J. Remember how excited they'd get when they unlocked the hot tub?

• Love 5

Yes!  Eliminate the slop, and go with a standard pantry of peanut butter, jelly, bologna, processed cheese slices, iceberg lettuce, eggs, white bread, mayo, mustard, milk, and lemon juice (to avoid scurvy...).  You can do a lot with those staples: standard cold sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, deviled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, French toast, toast, omelettes, eggs any way, fried bologna, strata, simple salad, bread pudding etc.  Then do grocery comps for ground beef, chocolate chips, coffee, salmon, wings, chips, pizza sauce etc. 

Slop was a thing, but now they don't show it, and they've allowed so much cheating it isn't anything at all anymore.  Put everyone on a standard diet, and make them work for more.  That's where you're going to see shifting alliances--someone craving a Snickers bar can be peeled off an alliance if the one side isn't inclined to work for it, but the other side is, and you want that damned candy bar more than you want to suck up to Paul.  That is going to get some movement.

Except booze.  Cheap beer and wine should be a staple, released in the evenings for social lubrication. 

Then BIG competitions for Margarita night with take out tacos, or mai tais with kalua pork, or...champagne brunch.  I hate the over-the-top comps for game shit like HoH or Veto where the majority alliance conspires to rule.  A food comp, on the other hand, forces them to work together.  That leads to different house dynamics.

• Love 11

Dan is supposed to be having a special announcement on his twitch live today. I'm sure it will either be something completely and totally unrelated or he'll say he's taking a break which would get everyone riled up but is probably ultimately just trolling.

Also, BB is listed in the description for Monday's Entertainment Tonight. I'm assuming it's just them talking about it being the 20th anniversary.

This pre-season is a real blast lol. At least it's something to focus on during this heinous year!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/6/2020 at 7:46 AM, peachmangosteen said:

'Big Brother' Season 22 Will Feature All-Star Cast, Happening Despite Coronavirus

Would they really be granted permission to film even with how bad LA is doing? Seems irresponsible lol.

I am on the fence about it.  I have mixed feelings -- I am alternately happy and skeptical about the new season.  It will be a shorter season, so that's probably a good thing.

The new filming guidelines for TV and movies are very, very extensive.  I'm sure these houseguests will have their temperatures taken regularly and they will probably be tested for the virus sometime during production too, as well as prior to it and after it ends.  If one of them suddenly tests positive during production, I'm sure they'll have to leave the house and the game.  The number of crew members on the set together (and interacting with the HGs) at any given time will probably be reduced -- which might mean fewer elaborate competitions or less complicated competitions -- and whoever is in the DR with the HGs will probably wear masks.  I would not be shocked if the HGs wear masks in the DR too, and possibly during competitions.

The HGs are signing on, even knowing the risks, and CBS will likely be legally protected in case someone suddenly tests positive.  I'm sure the HG's who start to feel too uncomfortable or uneasy can leave at any time -- but again, it probably won't be a 3-month show this year, so that may be of some comfort to them. 

I'm sure we'll see Julie Chen wearing  some cute face masks and/or shooting her hosting/interview segments from home!  lol

I'm in L.A.  It's a big county, with lots of cities and communities within Los Angeles County.  We're bound to have a lot of cases because it's such a densely populated, large place.  While the numbers are climbing, I think a lot of that has to do with more people getting tested recently too (when they probably didn't bother getting tested before).  At the beginning of this whole COVID-19 mess, we were pretty much told that a whole lot of people would end up catching the virus because of how contagious it is, even if we are asymptomatic.  We were also originally told to not get tested unless we thought there was a good chance we had contracted the virus, because the tests were not as available.  The main goal was to just not overwhelm the hospitals and ERs all at one time, get the proper supplies to the hospitals, and make testing more widely and easily available.  But I think the "peak" number of cases in L.A. is happening later in this ordeal than the officials expected it to happen. 

That said, there are a lot of residents here who think they are immune to catching anything, and that there is no way they could possibly pass something onto someone else, or who just don't want to be told to wear masks (they think they are above having to follow rules).  And those people are the ones ruining it for the rest of us who are actually staying home, wearing masks, washing hands all day long, trying to stay at a proper distance from anyone we may encounter, etc.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4

I've been watching the original all-stars. And for that one WE got to vote on who we wanted in the house! None of this BS of them picking and choosing who they want from who's available. 

Also a lot of people who i used to love and were my favorites now come across as super annoying and assholes. 

• Love 1

I’d like this to be a “Three Time’s the Charm” season with both Danielle Reyes and Danielle Donato (forgot her married name), Britney and Victor (without Nicole). And...uhhh...Paul, because I’d like to see the Danielles cut him down to size.

• Love 1