Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Except I'd also be terrible at it, lol. So never mind.

It doesn't seem to take much more than just posting a photo of yourself with some product and then telling everyone how great it is in the caption so you could probably manage! You just have to do it so many times, it probably gets exhausting lol.

1 hour ago, HartofDixie said:

... Angela has a cookbook coming out this summer ...

I am interested in this. Not enough to actually buy it but, like, I hope she puts some of the recipes on twitter or something.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It doesn't seem to take much more than just posting a photo of yourself with some product and then telling everyone how great it is in the caption so you could probably manage! You just have to do it so many times, it probably gets exhausting lol.

I am interested in this. Not enough to actually buy it but, like, I hope she puts some of the recipes on twitter or something.

She has a separate IG account for her recipes.

https://instagram.com/angelas_plantbasedkitchen?igshid=ccapze9nxyti

• Love 1
16 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

Tyler and Angela moved to Hilton Head and bought a house and running their jewelry business, Naut & Chain, and Angela has a cookbook coming out this summer as well as still working her other business, Papered Moments.

Didn't Sam talk shit about Angela always cooking in the house? It was when she went on her Internalized Misogyny Tour, which was around the time that she thought she was clever by flashing two middle fingers at the camera because they couldn't use her footage then (blur filter says "Hey girl, heeey!").

When it comes to food in BB20, I mainly remember Brett, the midnight McGriddles, and the pounds of garlic along with his nifty peeling trick. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

She has a separate IG account for her recipes.

https://instagram.com/angelas_plantbasedkitchen?igshid=ccapze9nxyti

Thanks! She didn't have the recipes for all of them though. I want the recipe for those buffalo chickpea pitas dammit!

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Didn't Sam talk shit about Angela always cooking in the house? It was when she went on her Internalized Misogyny Tour, which was around the time that she thought she was clever by flashing two middle fingers at the camera because they couldn't use her footage then (blur filter says "Hey girl, heeey!").

When it comes to food in BB20, I mainly remember Brett, the midnight McGriddles, and the pounds of garlic along with his nifty peeling trick. 

Ah, memories. I remember all that and also Brett making candied bacon or whatever which I then tried and did not like as much as I thought I would.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

(psst, if anyone remember how the McGriddles are made, hit us up with a link because what the fuck, I've moved beyond the Quarantine 15 and I'm aiming for another 10.)

I don't know how he did them but my sister just makes pancakes (smaller then usual) and then soaks them in butter and syrup and puts them in the oven to stay warm while she makes sausage patties and eggs with cheese on top and then just assembles that in between 2 pancakes. We use this pancake mix. The pancakes are gluten free but they are super close to McDonald's imo.

• Useful 1

CBS is optimistic about getting ‘Big Brother 22’ on the air so you won’t have to go through a summer without it

In an interview discussing CBS’ fall lineup with “The Hollywood Reporter,” CBS Entertainment President Kelly Kahl says that the network is hoping to be able to film “Big Brother” and its newest summer reality hit “Love Island” this summer. “The key difference on those shows is the turnaround time is quick,” Kahl stated. “‘Big Brother’ airs live shows every week. ‘Love Island’ is essentially a one-day turnaround. If we can get into production, and we certainly anticipate that, we anticipate having those shows on this summer.”

Hard to believe this could happen, but I guess it is more likely than Survivor coming back soon.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, diana said:

CBS is optimistic about getting ‘Big Brother 22’ on the air so you won’t have to go through a summer without it

Hard to believe this could happen, but I guess it is more likely than Survivor coming back soon.

In truth?  I doubt it would be all that hard in Hollyweird to recruit an all-single crew (production staffers / camera operators / set constructors) who would volunteer to go on what would basically be a 4-month quarantine isolation for a BB production season - so long as some degree of premium paycheck went along with the job.  And each crew wouldn’t necessarily have to be for the entire duration of the season; you could have entire crews rotating in/out to replace each other, so long as the new incoming crew went through a 2-week entry quarantine first.  Just park a bunch of trailers down by the BB House, fence them off, and let them live on-site.  It would be more expensive than most BB seasons, sure - but I bet CBS would pay it to have some original summer content.  And it’s not like CBS has a whole lot of other options draining the bank.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Exactly. It would be like going to work in another country for 4 months. You can still talk with family through Skype etc and you are getting paid to live in a hotel with everything paid. It would be an interesting experience. Fans would surely appreciate it.

• Love 3
On 5/30/2020 at 6:32 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I had to look Nick up. I was like, wait, there was a Nick last season lol.

To be fair, he doesn't look much like a Nick. More of a creeper name, with that haircut and terrible posture... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

To be fair, he doesn't look much like a Nick. More of a creeper name, with that haircut and terrible posture... 

Personally, I was always kinda split between something like Grigori, or Vlad, or something in that vein.  I think it was the soup bowl haircut and the just-forgot-to-shave-today “beard”; it always made me think of something Rasputin-y.... 

• LOL 3

I saw Big Brother Australia 's cast reveal , its starts this week, Is there a way to watch it in the US? I do not care if I had to pay (would rather have it be a safe legal way).  I subscribe to CanadaTV app for BBCAN so is there a similar app or streaming service to get Australia. I need to new big brother this summer:) 

• Love 1

Not legally.

BBAU is also a vastly different beast than BBUS or BBCAN. Back in its previous versions it used to follow the original European format (ie everyone nominates and the people who get nominated most face a public phone vote to evict, and strategy discussions were explicitly banned), and the one US season that aired here (CBB2) rated TERRIBLY, so even with the public vote removed don't expect anything along the lines of BBUS. Australia just isn't the kind of country where that approach works (indeed, it sounds like they haven't even bothered including the Veto, with the announced format basically being "BBUS2, except with three nominees instead of two", and I'd bet that change is only to keep it in line with OG BBAU); like even Australian Survivor took three attempts to not fuck it up. About the only thing that'll be identical to the US version is racism going unpunished, but that's mostly because they've rehired the presenter of the last BBAU and she's spent the last few years since it went on hiatus going from racist controversy to racist controversy without any impact on her career.

Have I missed something, or has CBS still not made an announcement one way or the other about BB for this year?  I mean, l woudl assume that whatever kind of season they could cobble together would not begin until at least next month, at the earliest, and it might end up being a much shorter season than usual when and if it did premiere, or it could run longer into the fall instead of wrapping up in September.

I guess I expected that there would be an announcement about BB this week or next week, because the new production guidelines for TV and movies were just released this past Monday.  That means that networks and production companies can now proceed to get set up under the new rules and figure out how, when, where or IF their work can commence.

I wonder if it would be advantageous at all for BB to go back to the stripped down Over the Top format (online only) they used a few years ago -- just for this year only?  There is less production involved, less editing, no live audiences to deal with, etc.  They still had competitions and sets that needed to be built, but I don't think the crew working on the shorter OTT was as large as the crew that works on the usual 3-month summer seasons.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I wonder if it would be advantageous at all for BB to go back to the stripped down Over the Top format (online only) they used a few years ago -- just for this year only?  There is less production involved, less editing, no live audiences to deal with, etc.  They still had competitions and sets that needed to be built, but I don't think the crew working on the shorter OTT was as large as the crew that works on the usual 3-month summer seasons.

I vote for this! OTT was the best season in the past 10 years imo.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I vote for this! OTT was the best season in the past 10 years imo.

I loved it too!  I even liked that it was a fall season and not smack dab in the middle of summer, for a nice change of pace.   It's nice to mix it up every once in a blue moon.

I wanted them to do another OTT season even before the pandemic rolled around, but now it seems like it might present them with an opportunity to have fewer people milling about on the set (a good thing right now) while still offering up a dose of Big Brother for the fans (even if it is a shorter season).  It just seems like it it would be a good 'better than nothing at all' option.  But they might be trying to figure out a way to do a 'regular' season with all of the pointless production and editing and all of that.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Take these Tweets with a grain of salt, but in the wake of the release of the new TV & film production guidelines in California (some things can start shooting again as soon as June 12th, but some might not get going until much later), I just spotted these two --

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Take these Tweets with a grain of salt, but in the wake of the release of the new TV & film production guidelines in California, I spotted these...

I could see an All Stars only working for this year BECAUSE the season won't be the typical 99 days. It's probably one of the only shots to get a full All Stars cast, if they want. I know there have been mentions from former players about why they don't really want to come back for another season (besides time commitment and also social media) but this year may be the ideal time to do it. 

However, still possible they do half and half (almost like a Fans vs Favourites season, so half newbies and half vets).

I suspect the earliest they could start BB22 is early July, but I'd lean more toward the accurate assumption of mid-July. I think, if they're looking to get back former players, they want to make sure that they're in. 

• Love 4

I dunno, maybe it's me but I'd rather wait a year to get a proper season of Big Brother instead of a cobbled together, low budget, shortened version (I know, I'm, like, the only person who is very meh about the OTT season, I wasn't a fan)? Also I'm afraid that All-Stars 2 means that Frankie Grande and Paul Abrahamian are going to pop their weaselly little famewhore heads up. We all know how much Grodner loves her problematic muscleheads - I don't know if I could make it through another season with someone like Jack. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, the 'this season is all stars!' rumors have started. That's comforting.

Dick usually shuts these rumors down, hard. Maybe there's some truth to it this year?? 

Screenshot_20200607-144920.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Are they going to be able to find two black former HGs (one man, one woman, natch. Can't push the diversity envelope too far) that fall under the fan favourite category and are willing to come back to the house? 

At this time, for a show that handles racism horribly, this really has the potential to turn out badly. Like, up in flames badly. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Are they going to be able to find two black former HGs (one man, one woman, natch. Can't push the diversity envelope too far) that fall under the fan favourite category and are willing to come back to the house? 

At this time, for a show that handles racism horribly, this really has the potential to turn out badly. Like, up in flames badly. 

I could see them asking Da’Vonne again. They could ask David from last season- yeah he might not be “All Stars” but he was well liked and a lot of people thought he was robbed. I think it’s going to end up possibly being returnees but with a different theme. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

They could ask David from last season- yeah he might not be “All Stars” but he was well liked and a lot of people thought he was robbed.

I can definitely see them asking David and him saying yes. Honestly, I'll be shocked if it's returnees and David isn't one of them lol.

I didn't realize it was the 20th anniversary. I can actually buy it being All Stars for that. Plus, it'll be shorter, so probably easier to get people to agree to come back. 

Also, @IndyMischa, I would've liked your post but it involved a Dick tweet and I didn't feel right liking something that Dick was involved in.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I actually read the US article and it says most of the players contacted declined. If it does end up happening, it's definitely gonna be a bunch of randoms that have no job, which isn't necessarily a bad thing lol.

LOL

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I actually read the US article and it says most of the players contacted declined.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL forever. 

Frankie's glaring at his phone right now, wondering why it hasn't been ringing. 

• LOL 9

All Stars makes sense in a year when casting would be very difficult, if not almost impossible.

In other, super weird news, apparently Reality Steve of Bachelor infamy just announced that he and Kat Dunn are a couple. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, TimWil said:

I’m so looking forward to a Vanessa/Christie showmance.

Listen, I love this. But also, I don't feel like Vanessa would ever do the show again, especially since she has babies now. Which sucks for us, we all deserve another season of Vanessa drinking wine out of a plastic water bottle while eating lunch meat right of of the bag, dammit!

13 hours ago, chilis said:

In other, super weird news, apparently Reality Steve of Bachelor infamy just announced that he and Kat Dunn are a couple. 

That feels right.

12 hours ago, BK1978 said:

They need to bring back Monica from season 2.  That would be beyond awesome.

They need to bring back several people from the early seasons just for some variety.

• Love 4

I'm bored so I'm just thinking; what former HGs live in LA? The cast would probably be entirely people who are already there because then they don't have to fly anyone in. 

I'm getting my hopes up, dammit! In actuality, I don't think this will really even happen. I still just can't see them being able to do a season this summer. Or, if they do, there's probably a good chance it'd have to end early if we get another wave. That actually might be a huge deterrent for people to do it again as well, dropping everything for it to just end early.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm bored so I'm just thinking; what former HGs live in LA? The cast would probably be entirely people who are already there because then they don't have to fly anyone in.

I dug deep enough into Frankie's twitter feed to find that he still lives in New York (he's currently hiring banner planes to fly over Robyn's and Allison's houses letting them know he's available) (he also called his cell phone provider to make sure his phone was still working because he hasn't gotten his call yet). And Paul's twitter has his location as Brooklyn, New York. Pop the fucking champagne, y'all. We dodged two bullets. 

...I'd be willing to donate to a GoFundMe to fly Raven out to the BB house, though. 

• LOL 13
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm getting my hopes up, dammit! In actuality, I don't think this will really even happen. I still just can't see them being able to do a season this summer. Or, if they do, there's probably a good chance it'd have to end early if we get another wave. That actually might be a huge deterrent for people to do it again as well, dropping everything for it to just end early.

Doesn't Mike Malin (sp?  I am not calling him that stupid nickname) live in L.A.?  Sorry to even bring that thought up.

Bring back Chicken George!

• Love 1

Give me Howie and BB16's Donny.  I think some comic relief would be a great thing for BB this summer.

In all seriousness...given the super-high racial tensions and sensitivites in the USA right now, BB really needs to think about intentionally introducing folks (of ANY color or persuasion) who would be used to create such an arc.

Can BB even be a ratings winner in this environment, given that tension (of all types) is basically the coin of the realm?  Does America want that on their TV at this point?  I really don't know.  Just asking.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Give me Howie and BB16's Donny.  I think some comic relief would be a great thing for BB this summer.

In all seriousness...given the super-high racial tensions and sensitivites in the USA right now, BB really needs to think about intentionally introducing folks (of ANY color or persuasion) who would be used to create such an arc.

Can BB even be a ratings winner in this environment, given that tension (of all types) is basically the coin of the realm?  Does America want that on their TV at this point?  I really don't know.  Just asking.

Well, how about casting previous cast members who WEREN'T joining in the racist behavior of some of the awful cast members?  It's not hard to figure out which "All-Stars" were the racist assholes and which ones weren't.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Well, how about casting previous cast members who WEREN'T joining in the racist behavior of some of the awful cast members?  It's not hard to figure out which "All-Stars" were the racist assholes and which ones weren't.  

I so agree.

• Love 1
On 6/8/2020 at 9:26 PM, Alice Mudgarden said:

I NEEEEEED Raven to come back for another season solely because I missed out on experiencing her glory with all of you and it's one of my life's biggest regrets.

GLORY???  
Guess that’s ONE word for it....

😆

• LOL 2