Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Bayleigh and that dude who got booted second have just shown up on my other guilty pleasure, Say Yes to the Dress! WHY??? I don’t need to see this right now, this is terrible. 

• LOL 3
48 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Bayleigh and that dude who got booted second have just shown up on my other guilty pleasure, Say Yes to the Dress! WHY??? I don’t need to see this right now, this is terrible. 

Don’t worry this was Swaggy’s last reality show. Did he wear a Swaggy shirt?

• LOL 6

No Swaggy shirt, he was just dressed as a typical douche bro. Bayleigh slipped at least once and called him Chris, although he was identified on the show as Swaggy C(SO MUCH HATE). Also, apparently she’s had a personal stylist for many years due to her modeling career. Who are these people??

• LOL 7

I was so surprised to see them when I turned on SYTTD tonight! I felt so bad for Randy, having to call him "Swaggy." Ugh. I will say that Bayleigh looked very pretty and Swaggy C was actually mostly fine on it--he at least said the right things. But Bayleigh having a stylist?!

RE: Who are Andy's friends?

14 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Imaginary and You Wouldn't Know Her, She Goes To Another School (In Canada). 

9 hours ago, Nashville said:

Whoever Andy thinks is relevant this week.

8 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Not anyone I want on my tv screen again.

This is why I come here.

• Love 9
(edited)

I tried to find anything about this to no avail. Isn't Bayleigh pregnant? How can she be in this group of HGs? 

ETA: Well, I am wrong but I was sure I read that and saw a pic a few months ago. Mandela Effect? 

Edited by DakotaLavender
4 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I tried to find anything about this to no avail. Isn't Bayleigh pregnant? How can she be in this group of HGs? 

ETA: Well, I am wrong but I was sure I read that and saw a pic a few months ago. Mandela Effect? 

I am sure I saw this picture as well. So either it was fake news or something else is happening.

• Love 1

I either hate or am deeply meh about basically every rumored person so I'm just praying there's at least 1 surprise and that it's someone I at least marginally like lol.

I wish they'd say what time the news is dropping. I wanna know the second it happens, dammit!

• Love 3

Normally I'd guess that they'd do it early in the morning so that it hits the tabloid-y news cycles early and they can talk about it all day. But because this is Big Brother and we can't have anything nice and they never do anything right, it'll probably be at, like, 8 pm PT after the east coast has gone to bed and the west coast doesn't care any more (sorry people in the middle, you lose like always). 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I either hate or am deeply meh about basically every rumored person so I'm just praying there's at least 1 surprise and that it's someone I at least marginally like lol.

I'm not sure why I thought the cast was already announced. I do have a habit of just skimming a lot of articles lately. I'd say this gives me hope but I can't think of anyone in particular I want to see. I can think of lots I don't want to see. I was a big Ovi fan, but I don't want him to return and spoil my great impression, plus I don't think he'd want to anyway. 

I'd love to see several celebrities, just because that's always fun, but I know it's not that kind of season. So I'm just hoping for some smart, funny players. Is that too much to ask? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

So I'm just hoping for some smart, funny players. Is that too much to ask? 

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm not sure why I thought the cast was already announced.

There are cast lists out there but nothing was officially announced. 

The latest rumor is that Paul decided he didn't want to do it and left sequester. I'll be honest, a small part of me kinda wanted to see Paul play again. It's just that so many of the rumored players are just kinda boring and don't interest me at all. At least Paul I know I'll feel something for lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Apparently, there's not a new episode until 1 week after the live move-in premiere. I swear, if they don't put the feeds up for the whole first week I'm gonna be very annoyed!

Ah, me just talking to myself, BB really has officially started!

• Love 4
(edited)

Who the fuck is this precocious young child attempting to kick-start the Ratcole movement before we've even had an official cast announcement? I have my issues with some of Nicole's gameplay but man, she gets a lot of shit tossed at her in the form of slut shaming and misogyny. Simmer down, little boy. Did she kick your dog or something?

ETA two good Twitter responses to this:

https://twitter.com/TheOviKabir/status/1287527587141517312

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

The Ovi Snickers thing is a joke, though, isn’t it?

So the latest is Kaycee and Josh are out because of Covid results? Yikes. That could mean Christmas is in (I think she’s an alternate). Oh dear.

Here's my thing about Derrick's response to the video:

He says he wasn't part of any pre-game strategizing, but also says the reason in the video - Nicole being a snitch (which, to be fair, sounds like her) - is why he isn't happy with her right now. So either:

1 - Derrick is taking this kid's video at face value and is bitter at Nicole

2 - Derrick is lying about not pre-game strategizing - personally, I'd bet he's lying about it because how would he not be and why would he admit it - but knows the Nicole stuff is true

or

3 - Derrick is being honest about not pre-game strategizing but knows for a fact that the video is right that Nicole is snitching

All of this drama is SO BB and I'm *here for it* but also wtf? Grow UP, everyone.

• Love 5

Derrick apparently pre-gamed in a season he didn't even play in. BB18, he called all the vets and players that he knew (Paulie via Cody) or thought might play and asked them to protect Nicole and get rid of BB17's Vanessa because he thought she was playing. But it turned out to be her sister Tiffany, who never got a fair shake because of it, and Nicole ended up winning that season. I haven't dug deep enough to see if there's actual legitimacy to that story but I want to believe it because it feeds into Derrick's shutdown style of game strategy. 

And yeah, Ovi's tweet was a joke - probably an attempt to turn it into a funny thing rather than Ratcole: The Threequel. 

12 minutes ago, TimWil said:

So the latest is Kaycee and Josh are out because of Covid results? Yikes. That could mean Christmas is in (I think she’s an alternate). Oh dear.

I've been seeing this around today. I guess earlier in the month, Kaycee was complaining about a Karen bitching her out over not wearing a mask (er, that makes you the Karen in this sitution, Kaycee), which makes it extra delicious if true. 

• Love 2

Kaycee and Josh out because of covid? Yikes, get well soon, but I didn't want to see them play again. Kaycee I don't remember doing much besides winning a bunch of competitions. Josh was marginally less hateful than Paul. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Derrick apparently pre-gamed in a season he didn't even play in. BB18, he called all the vets and players that he knew (Paulie via Cody) or thought might play and asked them to protect Nicole and get rid of BB17's Vanessa because he thought she was playing. But it turned out to be her sister Tiffany, who never got a fair shake because of it, and Nicole ended up winning that season. I haven't dug deep enough to see if there's actual legitimacy to that story but I want to believe it because it feeds into Derrick's shutdown style of game strategy.

I wonder if this is also what would be behind Derrick's response to that video. If we take the stuff in the video as true, then it's fucked up in a Very Nicole Way. It's all stupid and I wish they wouldn't do all this shit pre-game, but they do, so... yeah, that'd be real shitty for her to do.

I think the odds are high that Nicole did, in fact, "rat out" people for pre-gaming, which is obviously stupid of her. 

That said, the idea that CBS kicked off Derrick and Dan feakin' Gheesling for pre-gaming? It's beyond absurd. This is BB here, "fairness" doesn't remotely enter the picture. They would never pass up two of their most famous players for something like that. You might as well say they didn't bring them back because Nicole discovered that they were space aliens. It would make as much sense.

• Love 8

I think Derrick might have realized he didn't want to play with this particular group of people. If the rumored cast list is correct he definitely can;t control this cast the way he did BB16. I feel like whereas Dan or Will are the types who can take different groups of people and manipulate them to equal effect Derrick definitely only succeeds with certain personalities. I also wonder if him being a white cop in the summer of 2020 was going to be controversial and if he couldn't control the narrative about him he'd rather quit.

• Love 1
On 7/23/2020 at 11:14 PM, Callaphera said:

Steve versus Trainwrecky Becky is my favourite WTF story of any Big Brother season, hands down. So out of left field, so venomous from Steve's end while Becky is happily and obliviously regaling him with stories of how to fold sweaters at A&F. He practically foamed at the mouth anytime there was a whisper of a chance of taking her out. So so delicious. 

I'm kinda sad that neither of them are on the potential lists I've seen floating around. I would be down for Steve versus Trainwrecky Becky, round two. Instead it's sounding like we're going to get Nicole Franzel lounging in the HoH bed for a third season. 

At least Nicole hopefully won’t get distracted by a guy this time.

Is this the most drama we've ever had before the final cast list is even announced? That bodes well/badly for this season. Pick one, based on how much you enjoy chaos and melodrama.

Ha. Thats a trick. Why would any of us even be here if we didn't love chaos and melodrama? 😁

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Sara2009 said:

I know she's engaged to Victor but honestly, I feel like if anyone will have a showmance in the house, it's her. She's one of those girls who always needs to be with a guy in any situation. If the rest of the female cast is correct many are married with little kids at home. Don;t think they'll cheat on their husbands on tv with their kids watching. Actually this is Big Brother so maybe they will?

One of the negatives of bringing old-timers back is they're simply in a different phase of their life. Janelle if she comes back isn't going to be feisty Jedi Janie. In fact, she, Rachel, Elissa and Britney went on The Amazing Race and they were ... I wouldn't say boring, but they definitely didn't have the same edge. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I bet everyone was pre-gaming, and Nicole (accidentally or on-purpose) did something that hurt Derrick's game. Like she exposed Derrick's pre-gaming game to others (making her a 'snitch'), or made extra deals on the side that didn't include Derrick. 

He seems to really buy into the hype that he is A Great Winner on the level of Dan and is too scared to see that image tarnished by going in without feeling like he's at an advantage to win again - so he dropped out the second he felt like he wasn't in control and might look like a chump. I know he claims his daughter asked him not to go on and that's why he's not doing it, but it's hard to believe with how active he is wading into the rumor mill. Like, why even put it out there that he's not happy with Nicole? Sounds like a bitter juror to me.

Anyway, I kind of just want to believe this scenario because it would mean she evicted Derrick before the show even started - and he would never admit to it because it would make him look like he's not The Greatest Winner Ever.

The more important rumor flying around is Elissa (or whoever is running her account. I'm looking at you, Rachel) claiming Nicole...hurt Adora Borealis in some way?

I'm sure it's in the "she took food out of her mouth by going against us in The Amazing Race" way, but how dramatic! And like a Reilly sister!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

One of the negatives of bringing old-timers back is they're simply in a different phase of their life. Janelle if she comes back isn't going to be feisty Jedi Janie. In fact, she, Rachel, Elissa and Britney went on The Amazing Race and they were ... I wouldn't say boring, but they definitely didn't have the same edge. 

I totally agree with this, although I did enjoy seeing Janelle and Britney waddling around in giant dinosaur outfits, desperately trying to gather dinosaur eggs in time. But you're right... watching people be mature and sensible just isn't that exciting. 

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I've been seeing this around today. I guess earlier in the month, Kaycee was complaining about a Karen bitching her out over not wearing a mask (er, that makes you the Karen in this sitution, Kaycee), which makes it extra delicious if true. 

Kaycee has really done herself a disservice on social media lately by going out partying in a bar during a pandemic lol.

10 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also wonder if him being a white cop in the summer of 2020 was going to be controversial and if he couldn't control the narrative about him he'd rather quit.

Derrick apparently isn't a cop anymore but back when the rumors were out that he was gonna be on this season I thought the same thing.

10 hours ago, Sara2009 said:

Yea, I've been thinking it could be somewhat interesting to see what she'd do if she can't just crawl inside a man for an entire season. But, like @Growsonwalls said, she may still showmance it up lol.

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

But you're right... watching people be mature and sensible just isn't that exciting. 

lol so true. 

Where's the cast list, dammit?! 

Apparently, Robyn Kass deleted her tweet that teased the cast reveal. It seems like we're likely not going to get it today. Boo!

Also,

jqcyaqjy7bd51.png

First of all, Swaggy, no one asked you. Please move on with your rich life already like you keep saying you're going to do! Also, Derrick, if your business with your friends is between you and them, then why did you publicly say you're not happy with Nicole? Everyone is already doing the most. This season is gonna be messy as hell lol.

• Love 4

If the rumors are true, the official cast list has been pushed passed Wednesday. Yuck. 

Some of the rumors have been ludicrous, some seem to have a touch of the truth, and others... who knows, but I do think that Covid has production scrambling and trying to get all the spots filled.  I think it would be hard to leave a family during a pandemic.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, Derrick, if your business with your friends is between you and them, then why did you publicly say you're not happy with Nicole. lol everyone is already doing the most. This season is gonna be messy as hell lol.

This.  Just because you can comment on social media, doesn't mean you have to!  There is going to be a lot of shit talking on twitter with former houseguests commenting on BB22 gameplay, and it's going to be insane.  I think Dan said it best - "Everyone just chill & be nice to the HGs (and each other)"

• Love 1

The list I posted the other day continues to change slightly.  As of this morning, Paul and Hayden are no longer on the list, and Kevin Campbell and David Alexander have been added.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kaycee has really done herself a disservice on social media lately by going out partying in a bar during a pandemic lol.

Don't forget that she was partying with Josh, in MIAMI!  

1 hour ago, Slider said:

This.  Just because you can comment on social media, doesn't mean you have to!  There is going to be a lot of shit talking on twitter with former houseguests commenting on BB22 gameplay, and it's going to be insane.  I think Dan said it best - "Everyone just chill & be nice to the HGs (and each other)"

But... what are we supposed to do then? Why are we even here? I came here to chew bubblegum and shit talk and I'm all out of bubblegum.

33 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Paul's out

TBH I never believed he was in to begin with. Much like Derrick wanting to control the flow of the house, Paul's game isn't dissimilar from that and he can't play the charismatic cult leader without a band of loyal followers. Also he probably burnt the shirt and doesn't want to lose a third time. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

But... what are we supposed to do then? Why are we even here? I came here to chew bubblegum and shit talk and I'm all out of bubblegum.

I was referencing (and I think Dan was also) the rumors, not the season.  Once the season starts and they are opening their mouths they are fair game! (Why else would I be here?! 😉 )  The speculation is fun, but I don't think it's fair to shit talk someone based on what people think/believe they've done as opposed to what they really have done. 

Regarding Paul being out, I'm really happy.  I can't deal with watching his toxicity.  He and Frankie Grande are on my "Please, anyone but them list." 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Apparently, Robyn Kass deleted her tweet that teased the cast reveal. It seems like we're likely not going to get it today. Boo!

Also,

jqcyaqjy7bd51.png

First of all, Swaggy, no one asked you. Please move on with your rich life already like you keep saying you're going to do! Also, Derrick, if your business with your friends is between you and them, then why did you publicly say you're not happy with Nicole? Everyone is already doing the most. This season is gonna be messy as hell lol.

If Bayleigh is on they could have been pregaming with Derrick. Hoping she’s an alternate since they both act like they don’t need to be on reality tv and their real life is so good.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Slider said:

I was referencing (and I think Dan was also) the rumors, not the season.  Once the season starts and they are opening their mouths they are fair game! (Why else would I be here?! 😉 )  The speculation is fun, but I don't think it's fair to shit talk someone based on what people think/believe they've done as opposed to what they really have done. 

I like to think that we're a (kinda sorta) mature bunch that keeps our shit talking to a small little corner of the Internet so we get a bit of a pass on this stuff but I forget sometimes that the online Big Brother fandom, as a whole, is a flaming pile of dog shit. Sometimes it's entertaining as fuck and then there are other times when they're calling HGs work places in orchestrated attacks because they dared to nominate or vote out their favourite. I heard there was already a bunch of people who were calling (I think) Janelle's work place earlier this month to see if they could find out whether she took vacation time to play Big Brother. I appreciate the Nancy Drews but not when they pull shit like that. Just stalk someone's IG like a normal person, geez. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I like to think that we're a (kinda sorta) mature bunch that keeps our shit talking to a small little corner of the Internet so we get a bit of a pass on this stuff but I forget sometimes that the online Big Brother fandom, as a whole, is a flaming pile of dog shit. Sometimes it's entertaining as fuck and then there are other times when they're calling HGs work places in orchestrated attacks because they dared to nominate or vote out their favourite. I heard there was already a bunch of people who were calling (I think) Janelle's work place earlier this month to see if they could find out whether she took vacation time to play Big Brother. I appreciate the Nancy Drews but not when they pull shit like that. Just stalk someone's IG like a normal person, geez. 

One of the most ridiculous is when they start harassing the relatives of players. I remember there was some Vanessa fan group that started threatening Steve's mom after Steve won Final HoH and booted Vanessa. It was nuts.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Yep.  I love this board and enjoy the posters in our little corner of the Internet.  I can't stand others out there because of the behavior you mentioned, so I mostly just stick to this forum and occasionally venture out to a select few.  Even if I disagree with fellow posters, I like what we've got here!

• Love 9

I also find the habit of sending gifts to HG;s incredibly weird. Like I can understand if you make an arts and craft doll of a HG or whatever but I'll never get the expensive gifts HG's seem to get from fans every year. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Slider said:

Covid has production scrambling and trying to get all the spots filled.  I think it would be hard to leave a family during a pandemic.

Then they shouldn't have done an All Stars season. It would be way easier to have new players leave their family. The fans would watch either way because times are difficult and most of us are at home anyway. They could have kept All Stars for next year when hopefully the situation will be better.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, himela said:

Then they shouldn't have done an All Stars season. It would be way easier to have new players leave their family.

I'm confused as to how a bunch of random IG models would have an easier time leaving their families than a group of All Stars. It's been reported that the HGs are being paid $40k to go back in the house (and I'm assuming weekly stipend on top of that but I might be wrong) which is more than an average HG makes in a regular season. Production didn't have to do a lengthy casting process (lulz, I know, "lengthy", "casting", and "process") because all they had to do was scroll down their contacts lists in their cell phone and be all "Hey, what up, former HG? You wanna play again? Cool." And the benefit to an All Star season is that all these people know how the game works in terms of sequester, isolation, pre- and post-jury versus a bunch of newbies who get voted out, want to break sequester and ditch the jury house because they're bored or it's a pandemic, they want to be back with their families. 

All Stars 2 makes more sense to me during a pandemic than Bryzleigh (the z is silent), 21, makes duck faces on IG for a living. 

Long story short: I think it's a bit ridiculous to ask anyone to leave their families for this long during a pandemic but at least All Stars know what to expect and get a guaranteed flat fee pay day versus newbies getting $1k a week.

(Side note, I googled for a ridiculously spelled name and got Bryleigh along with this gem: "Bryleigh is essentially a name without etymological roots and therefore has no meaning." snort)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm confused as to how a bunch of random IG models would have an easier time leaving their families than a group of All Stars.

New players are more thirsty for the money and the publicity. Plus I remember that the casting went on until June so I'm sure they had a cast ready for this season.

13 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I know she's engaged to Victor but honestly, I feel like if anyone will have a showmance in the house, it's her. She's one of those girls who always needs to be with a guy in any situation. If the rest of the female cast is correct many are married with little kids at home. Don;t think they'll cheat on their husbands on tv with their kids watching. Actually this is Big Brother so maybe they will?

I hope not. It’s bad enough to cheat on your fiancé/husband in the real world, but it’s even worse to do so in front of millions of viewers.