Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Honestly my reaction to this was - who are you again? Who is that in the pic with you? Wasn’t she your second GF in the house? But I thought she had brown hair. Why is she walking on her toes? What does this picture mean? Huh? Oh, yeah you’re that racist who won, I remember now, well not really.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Take a long walk off a short pier. At least, that’s what I’m hoping. I would think the current situations going on in the world that BB wouldn’t want at suspected racist on this season. Maybe, put Holly on so she can trash him. That might be fun. That said, with them already pushing the date for a return I’m getting worried (worried might be the wrong word. That implies I really care. LOL!!!!) but I don’t think BB or Survivor or going to return anytime soon. Just a wild guess on my part though. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

Honestly my reaction to this was - who are you again? Who is that in the pic with you? Wasn’t she your second GF in the house? But I thought she had brown hair. Why is she walking on her toes? What does this picture mean? Huh? Oh, yeah you’re that racist who won, I remember now, well not really.

I honestly forgot about him in like December.  I even posted about it in one of the threads.  For a day I was like, "I know Kaycee won season 20, Josh was before that, who the hell won the last season?"  I had to look it up.

Seriously Nicole, Cliff, Tommy, and Ovi are the only people that made any sort of lasting impression on me.  The rest of the cast is a blank to me until I look the season up.   Which is odd because I could name nearly the entire season 20 cast without even thinking about it that much.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, BK1978 said:

For a day I was like, "I know Kaycee won season 20, Josh was before that, who the hell won the last season?"  I had to look it up.

Same. I keep forgetting last season's people and having to look them up. Like when 'Nicole' was first getting mentioned as a possible returnee, I didn't even think for like a few days that there was another Nicole from last season lol.

I didn't read that Jackson post. It's far too long for something I don't give one shit about. The picture is cracking me up though.

I also kinda just don't see BB (or Survivor) realistically filming soon either, @ByaNose. But soaps are starting to film so I don't know. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Oof, I keep forgetting that Kaycee won BB20, not Tyler. I don't know why my brain always screws that one up - I wasn't a Tyler fan but I also wasn't the biggest Kaycee fan unless she was dressed as an unsalted peanut. And then every time I'm reminded that Kaycee won, I remember that God awful tattoo she got to commemorate her win. Who the hell did I root for in BB20 besides the ants? Kaitlyn's dead grandfather in the crow that pooped on someone I didn't like? Man my choices were slim that season. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Oof, I keep forgetting that Kaycee won BB20, not Tyler. I don't know why my brain always screws that one up - I wasn't a Tyler fan but I also wasn't the biggest Kaycee fan unless she was dressed as an unsalted peanut. And then every time I'm reminded that Kaycee won, I remember that God awful tattoo she got to commemorate her win. Who the hell did I root for in BB20 besides the ants? Kaitlyn's dead grandfather in the crow that pooped on someone I didn't like? Man my choices were slim that season. 

I rooted for Rockstar....'s best friend, Brett. Not really sure why, in hindsight. Maybe because he wasn't boring and he kind of revolutionized Hide and Go Veto (Defense Wins Championships!). 

But BB20 WAS still a really good season, overall, even if it got boring near the end once Tyler started showmancing with Ice Queen Angela and totally forgot that he was playing the game. I remember him sitting in bed with Angela for hours and Kaycee would occasionally come by. 

BB21 is one who I can't remember if I liked anyone. Nicole was nice but a HORRIBLE gameplayer. She had so many opportunities to make moves and she didn't. Nicole reminds me of me, in that regard, and how I know I'd play the game. I'd be pretty much exactly like her; some good insight but no courage to do anything about it. I liked David, but he went early. And everyone else sucked. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

She has Barbie feet. 😄

At first glance, I thought it was Cody and Jess. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. I keep forgetting last season's people and having to look them up. Like when 'Nicole' was first getting mentioned as a possible returnee, I didn't even think for like a few days that there was another Nicole from last season lol.

I didn't read that Jackson post. It's far too long for something I don't give one shit about. The picture is cracking me up though.

I also kinda just don't see BB (or Survivor) realistically filming soon either, @ByaNose. But soaps are starting to film so I don't know. 

B&B went back into production this week and then immediately shutdown. They hope start up again next Thursday. Not that I know about tv productions but I know there a lot of moving parts and all of the testing & safety precautions  are just going to slow down the work even more. I know reality tv is a totally different animal but there hasn’t been a peep about Survivor. There hasn’t even been a spoiler that they left somewhere to start and it does seem like it won’t anytime soon. In theory, if BB & Survivor started in late July BB could obviously have a good run into late September or early October. Survivor could also tape and edit (really quick) and be ready to air in late September or early October. I’m curious to see how it plays out. At least, we know the Amazing Race will air in September since it was taped 2 years ago. Of course, CBS has waited this long and could still hold it back for some stupid reason. 

13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

At least, we know the Amazing Race will air in September since it was taped 2 years ago. Of course, CBS has waited this long and could still hold it back for some stupid reason. 

Yea, I'm waiting for fall to roll around and they're like actually we're gonna push it to spring.

I didn't know B&B shut down again. I just think everything is trying to start too soon. I get it, I wish everything would go back to normal too, but it isn't lol. 

BB would probably be a lot easier to get going than scripted television though. 

I did see that Josh and Kaycee were out at a club a few nights ago which if I was another one of the potential returnees for this season that would really piss me off.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I did see that Josh and Kaycee were out at a club a few nights ago which if I was another one of the potential returnees for this season that would really piss me off.

Lift your weights so you can bang your pans, it's... The Meatball and The Peanut, coming to CBS this summer. 

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It can replace "Grover... Grover Johnson?!" in this year's schedule. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Lift your weights so you can bang your pans, it's... The Meatball and The Peanut, coming to CBS this summer. 

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It can replace "Grover... Grover Johnson?!" in this year's schedule. 

GODDAMNIT, I had completely forgotten about that commercial until now.

• LOL 7
17 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Does anyone kind of want Metta World Peace of CBB to come back? That guy was hilarious and surprisingly nice. 

The guy who tried to quit 72 times in a 3 week season? No, not really. The guy literally bolted out the studio doors one time during a competition. He's not equipped for this show, clearly. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The guy who tried to quit 72 times in a 3 week season? No, not really. The guy literally bolted out the studio doors one time during a competition. He's not equipped for this show, clearly. 

Yeah. Bless his heart, but no. 

• Love 1
On 6/19/2020 at 7:55 PM, ByaNose said:

In theory, if BB & Survivor started in late July BB could obviously have a good run into late September or early October. 

Doubtful, for one great big fat reason: NFL.  Part of the reason BB gives CBS such good ratings ROI is its primary competition is summer filler fare, which BB can beat out fairly easily ratings-wise.  Let BB run very much past mid-August, though, and it’s going to get its ratings rep caved in by Fox (on Thursday nights) and NBC (on Sunday nights) - and I sincerely doubt Production wants to see that happen to their BB baby.  😐 

Due to the pandemic, and the severe lack of watchable programming at CBS, there are enormous holes in their schedule well into October.  BB fills a few of them well at relatively low cost.

The Sunday airing might could go away.  It would be perfect for a Saturday.  

• Love 3

That would be the thing; if either (a) NFL decides to go full shutdown for the season or (b) BB is amenable to doing a total shake-n-bake of their normal weekly broadcast days schedule, then BB MIGHT stand a shot.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

That would be the thing; if either (a) NFL decides to go full shutdown for the season or (b) BB is amenable to doing a total shake-n-bake of their normal weekly broadcast days schedule, then BB MIGHT stand a shot.

That’s what I think, too. I haven’t heard of any prime time shows going back into production. Let alone CBS. July starts next week and they are really at a crunching point schedule wise. If they could get BB going by the end of the month and air TAR they’d be thrilled. All of this depends on BB getting the green light though. The only real guarantee show is TAR and that’s only 14 weeks but it’s better than nothing. If we don’t hear by mid July on BB or Survivor then our reality heaven is screwed. LOL!!!!

Football is not a sport I would want to be playing right now. Or basketball or soccer. Any sport with a lot of contact would be off my list. But a sport like football where you sweating, spitting, tackling one another, and just generally swapping the same air and sweat is a hell no for me. Just no. 

Baseball, tennis, golf I can get behind.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Let BB run very much past mid-August, though, and it’s going to get its ratings rep caved in by Fox (on Thursday nights) and NBC (on Sunday nights) - and I sincerely doubt Production wants to see that happen to their BB baby.  😐 

BB always runs past mid-August though. It airs until the end of September. Wait, maybe I'm misreading and you mean it couldn't start airing then lol.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

BB always runs past mid-August though. It airs until the end of September. Wait, maybe I'm misreading and you mean it couldn't start airing then lol.

Yeah, but here’s the thing:

1. BB generally starts in late June and runs until late September - which normally results in a two-month overlap with the NFL broadcast season.
  2. The first half of that two-month overlap, though, is the month of August - when the NFL plays its preseason games.  These preseason games are little more than exhibition games for each team’s coaching staff to evaluate their team’s roster talent, and don’t count toward the season’s playoff standing. They are the least-watched by fans, and therefore presenting the least NFL ratings competition to BB.
  3. Once we get into September, though, that picture changes significantly.  Outside of the opening games, the earliest regular season games (games 2-4) are still likely to be the softest in terms of fan/viewer attendance - but BB is still going to take a sizable ratings wallop, and that beating will simply continue to grow as the season carries on.  

Over the past few years, the ratings have followed a fairly regular pattern; it stands in the ratings well from late June through July, there’s a noticeable dip in August, followed by a bigger dip in September (BB finale presenting the only deviation).  Slide the BB season to run head-to-head against NFL for longer, though, and its overall ratings will suffer commensurately.

Edited by Nashville
Typo
(edited)

A) What the fuck does "I will always love love love him a lottle" mean? Is this some cutesy Instagram-y toxic positivity influencer doublespeak bullshit? "It sounds like a little but I really mean a lot so I smushed them together to make the word 'lottle' tee hee aren't I cute?" I mean, I Instagram but I tend to stay in my own little snarky corner and I don't venture out to the world of super posed shots that are intended to show off your crotch more than anything. Speaking of: 

B) Why is Holly posting this message with a super posed shot that is intended to show off her crotch more than anything? Her heel is pointing right at it. It's all I can see. Like, literally, as I was scrolling down, I was like "Oh, look, Holly's crotch. That's super fun." Even your dog thinks you're weird, Holly. Stop flashing your Fabletics covered hoo-ha at us (but follow the link for 10% off your next order when you use the code HOLLYLOTTLE10!!1 #ad #sponsored).

C) NOBODY. FUCKING. CARES. JESUS. WEPT. GO. AWAY. 

I feel better now. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

A) What the fuck does "I will always love love love him a lottle" mean? Is this some cutesy Instagram-y toxic positivity influencer doublespeak bullshit? "It sounds like a little but I really mean a lot so I smushed them together to make the word 'lottle' tee hee aren't I cute?" I mean, I Instagram but I tend to stay in my own little snarky corner and I don't venture out to the world of super posed shots that are intended to show off your crotch more than anything. Speaking of: 

B) Why is Holly posting this message with a super posed shot that is intended to show off her crotch more than anything? Her heel is pointing right at it. It's all I can see. Like, literally, as I was scrolling down, I was like "Oh, look, Holly's crotch. That's super fun." Even your dog thinks you're weird, Holly. Stop flashing your Fabletics covered hoo-ha at us (but follow the link for 10% off your next order when you use the code HOLLYLOTTLE10!!1 #ad #sponsored).

C) NOBODY. FUCKING. CARES. JESUS. WEPT. GO. AWAY. 

I feel better now. 

"Lottle" was my main takeaway from that post. What?

But as we potentially begin this new and exciting chapter of BB22, I'm so glad you're all here to take this new and exciting journey with me. We'll have ups and downs, the good and the bad, the Wills and the Boogies, and we'll get through it together. I wouldn't change any of my life experiences, except maybe watching BB15. We'll grow as BB fans, as humans, because that's what we are. If you prick us BB fans, do we not bleed? Because we're human? Yes, we are. So let's tackle this new chapter, adventure and journey together. Buckle up BB22! We're comin' for ya.

And never forget...PAIN DON'T HURT.

Love you all lottles.

Regarding your second point, this was all that came to mind:

ETA: Did I get enough sleep last night? Why no, I did not, lol.

• LOL 16
(edited)

I sincerely think this is a faux breakup for BB22 purposes. In an "all-star" season, a couple in an LTR who came in 1st and 2nd last season are 1st and 2nd voted out of the house. But I don't think that they'll be able to keep up the "exes" façade in the house for long, for a litany of reasons. However, I will really, really enjoy watching them try it.

Edited by dvr devotee
Grammar
  • Love 3

I’m sort of starting to believe the rumor that the Love Island house in Fiji will be used for BB22: All-Stars and Exes or whatever the hell it’ll be called.

On 6/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Little off topic, but if you have not already watched it.  Look up Leo Sayer's exit from Celebrity Big Brother UK.  He has a complete meltdown because they refuse to wash his underpants, it is hilarious. 

1 hour ago, BK1978 said:

Little off topic, but if you have not already watched it.  Look up Leo Sayer's exit from Celebrity Big Brother UK.  He has a complete meltdown because they refuse to wash his underpants, it is hilarious. 

I had nothing better to do at 2:15 a.m. so I found them. I'm posting them in case anyone wants to see them, too. 

This first clip is 4 min 39 sec

This second clip only has a brief overlap and then it's new footage. It's 3.17

• LOL 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, TimWil said:

I’m sort of starting to believe the rumor that the Love Island house in Fiji will be used for BB22: All-Stars and Exes or whatever the hell it’ll be called.

I hate this idea a lottle. 

I mean, a bunch of us hate the Big Brother house for various reasons and a lot of us think they should burn it to the ground and start again but is it Big Brother if it isn't in a parking lot with a caravan of ants packing up their little suitcases to make their annual indoor pilgrimage? (Still hoping for those giant murder hornets. Come on, 2020, don't let me down.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, a bunch of us hate the Big Brother house for various reasons and a lot of us think they should burn it to the ground and start again but is it Big Brother if it isn't in a parking lot with a caravan of ants packing up their little suitcases to make their annual indoor pilgrimage? (Still hoping for those giant murder hornets. Come on, 2020, don't let me down.)

I have to agree.  Infested, decrepit and moribund the BB House may be - but despite all its faults (and unintentional HGs both insect and microbe), it’s just as much a fixture of the show as the Wall Comp.  If you haven’t survived 90 days in that back lot set disguised as a House, then dammit you haven’t REALLY played Big Brother.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I have to agree.  Infested, decrepit and moribund the BB House may be - but despite all its faults (and unintentional HGs both insect and microbe), it’s just as much a fixture of the show as the Wall Comp.  If you haven’t survived 90 days in that back lot set disguised as a House, then dammit you haven’t REALLY played Big Brother.

Also it stinks like Austin's feet because that smell permeated the floorboards, possibly right even down to the concrete, and I think every future HG should have to be tortured by experience that. 

The house is practically a HG itself. The squeaky hammock. The vacuum that hasn't worked properly since BB14. The coffee maker that spills over onto the counter. The bathroom door with names scratched in it and painted over a million times. The washer and dryer's musical notes they play at the start and the end of a cycle. It's all a part of Big Brother. (RIP to the orange frying pan that Josh ruined that has been around for at least two seasons before that.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I had the same thought about the ants on another board this morning. Someone there mentioned the possible move and I said unless they brought the ant infestation, it doesn't count. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Anyone remember Bayleigh and Kaycee being flirty during their season?

I was going to post this in the Challenge thread but since you brought it up here...

I know both Fessy and Kaycee said no but I thought I recall being it brought up during that season. 

One more thing about the Leo Sayers clips from above that I read last night.  Apparently he said he would not leave the set unless he talked to the police.  Now in the second video you can see him leaning against a police car.  Well he got into a police car (I have no clue if it was the one he was leaning against) and he would not get out until the police that drove it there talked to him.

Well at the time a police drama was being filmed right next door to Big Brother and the car he got into was one that they used for the show.  He did not believe him when they told him that and he still refused to get out of the police car.

• LOL 7
12 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Anyone remember Bayleigh and Kaycee being flirty during their season?

10 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I know both Fessy and Kaycee said no but I thought I recall being it brought up during that season. 

I feel like I remember some flirty-ish stuff, or at least people talking about it happening, very early on in the live feeds. Also, I don't think Faysal said it definitely didn't happen. I think he said he thought Kaycee and Bayleigh were friendly and that any flirting on Kaycee's part was strategy.

Also, Kaycee said 'a lottle bit' on The Challenge last night. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2