Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Omg this video is hilarious. It's Steve vs. Becky. Includes this zinger at 7:22 that I had forgotten: "If Becky had a pH it would be 10." Holy shit that's actually pretty funny.

Also:

Becky: "You're disgusting, Steve. Just kidding." (Good-natured laugh)

Steve: "You ARE disgusting, I agree." (Nothing good-natured about his tone.)

Steve (with barely controlled hostility): "who buys clothes at Abercrombie anyways"

Becky: "Only good looking people. Just kidding!" (Thinking they're in a nice teasing vibe)

Steve: "Is that why I'm not allowed to shop there?" (Like a serial killer)

Becky: "Oh hell no, you'd love it!"

Poor trainwrecky Becky. 

• LOL 3

It's embarrassing how happy I am to have a new season of BB to look forward to. It brings a very comforting feeling of normality. Just seeing all the familiar names here, and looking forward to watching and posting, and following Taran's and Rob's and Hamsterwatch's recaps every day. It feels like years since I last did this. 

The weird part is that there isn't a single hamster I'm excited to see. I used to enjoy Nicole but I've seen her waaay too much between BB and TAR. The thrill is gone. I used to be a big Janelle fan, but I think she may be too mature at this point to be truly fun to watch. On TAR she mentioned feeling very different since becoming a mother. 

As for the rest... I'm meh. I really hope they prove me wrong. 

Meanwhile, I'm still a little traumatized by the shocking Covid-induced destruction of the last BB Canada. It's going to be hard to fully commit to this season knowing it could suddenly end. 

Despite all that, I'm super excited for this season and a chance to get back to my usual summertime guilty BB routines, just like in the olden days. 😊

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

It's embarrassing how happy I am to have a new season of BB to look forward to. It brings a very comforting feeling of normality. Just seeing all the familiar names here, and looking forward to watching and posting, and following Taran's and Rob's and Hamsterwatch's recaps every day. It feels like years since I last did this. 

The weird part is that there isn't a single hamster I'm excited to see. I used to enjoy Nicole but I've seen her waaay too much between BB and TAR. The thrill is gone. I used to be a big Janelle fan, but I think she may be too mature at this point to be truly fun to watch. On TAR she mentioned feeling very different since becoming a mother. 

As for the rest... I'm meh. I really hope they prove me wrong. 

Meanwhile, I'm still a little traumatized by the shocking Covid-induced destruction of the last BB Canada. It's going to be hard to fully commit to this season knowing it could suddenly end. 

Despite all that, I'm super excited for this season and a chance to get back to my usual summertime guilty BB routines, just like in the olden days. 😊

How will Nicole with no man to hide behind? Granted she already won so I’m curious how she will play with no showmance. Didn’t she have a showmance every time she played?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Didn’t she have a showmance every time she played?

Yes, and I honestly don't understand how any of them could stand to be stuck in such close quarters with that voice. She says three words and I'm ready to stick ice picks in my ears.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 7/19/2020 at 10:32 PM, HartofDixie said:

Rockstar/Kaitlyn twitter fight.

https://m.imgur.com/a/nEBg6w2

Yeah Blockstar, you would not have had a chance in hell of winning even if Kaitlyn never flipped.

On 7/21/2020 at 12:37 PM, HartofDixie said:

On twitter an account called Spoilergirl1 (went private) has been posting about BB for the past month and last night said the following females are on: Danielle R, Janelle, Daniele D, Davonne.

Said it will start August 5th.

She works on the soaps side at CBS and the BB info is secondhand.

How did they get Danielle R.?  I am honestly shocked by that, but happy because it means at least on person from an older season will be on.

I think Danielle R will be an early boot because she suffers no fools and she is bound to clash with Josh.  

On 7/21/2020 at 4:18 PM, himela said:

I think Danielle is the player I hate most in Big brother. Maybe I hate her more than her father. She is the Parvati of Big brother for me.

If these rumors are true I'm not sure I will enjoy this season. I would have preferred to see new players in the game.

A fellow Parvati hater on this site?  That does not seem right, I thought I was the only one who did not like her on here. 

On 7/22/2020 at 12:55 PM, Callaphera said:

That was a picture of Janelle?! I guess she goes to Dorit Kemsley's plastic surgeon for full head transplants. 

I don't know what was up with that picture, it was disturbing.  I thought it was a Photoshop version of her head.

On 7/22/2020 at 6:48 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I hated Dani in BB8. But looking back, I cut her so much slack. She was very young and her piece of shit, borderline abusive father shows up unexpectedly. Her mental health was probably at an all-time low. 

This fills me with so much joy. Ian is like a Top 5 Most Hated for me tbh.

ETA: I don't really buy the August 5th start date. If they just went into sequester yesterday, that date doesn't leave enough time unless they do like a live move-in. That'd be awesome, but I can't see them doing it.

Same here.  Season 8 was the only season where I did not watch the final episode because I was so ticked off that they were the final two.  Though I do say I did not mind Dani on her return season and as much as I dislike ED, he was hilarious on Twitter when I was on there.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:40 PM, ByaNose said:

I know he’s done The Challenge (which I don’t watch) and, I guess he’d do anything for money except get a real job.

Believe it or not, Paulie is even more unlikable on The Challenge. 

On 7/22/2020 at 11:23 PM, HartofDixie said:

Julie teasing

Bees on the cup?  WTH?  Everyone knows that ants are the official mascot bug of Big Brother.  Get with the program Julie.

18 hours ago, himela said:

Am I the only one who likes Paul? I would really like to see him again and see what he can do in this new environment.

I did not mind him his first season, but I despised him during his second season.

1 hour ago, BK1978 said:

I did not mind him his first season, but I despised him during his second season.

That's how I feel about him too. His second season made me never want to see him on BB as a player again unless it was guaranteed the best he could do was to come in 2nd place.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BK1978 said:

A fellow Parvati hater on this site?  That does not seem right, I thought I was the only one who did not like her on here. 

I think there are many but people are afraid to say it. :S

By the way the only reason I'm not that excited about this season is because they know each other! 😛

• Love 1
1 hour ago, himela said:

By the way the only reason I'm not that excited about this season is because they know each other! 😛

Maybe that's one of the reasons the cast doesn't excite me. I feel like there won't be any surprises, no new and unique characters to discover. I feel like I know way more than I want to about some of them. 

Never mind. We'll still have fun. 

• Love 2

A part of me is excited because it will be something different. A part of me dreads it because I will read hte live feed crap, get disgusted, and stop watching like I do most seasons. 

(sigh)

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

After the show I remember him on Survivor Sucks saying that he was really into Nicole (BB16) and talking about her in this really sexist, objectionable way. 

This is my main reason for hating Ian. I don't really remember details, but he was really creepy and gross about women. I mean, par for the course with BB contestants though so!

42 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

A part of me is excited because it will be something different. A part of me dreads it because I will read hte live feed crap, get disgusted, and stop watching like I do most seasons. 

(sigh)

Me, except I will not stop watching and I will just hate myself more and more each day lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It's.......an interesting cast.  The only two I completely hate are Paul and Josh, but I have at least a mild dislike of all but maybe two of them.  Definitely plan on hate watching after about week 2. But I am SO HERE for this, if I watch one more episode of Friends or The Office, I'm going to go completely nuts.

The only thing that really bothered me about Ian his season was him ruining the damn hammock. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Maybe that's one of the reasons the cast doesn't excite me. I feel like there won't be any surprises, no new and unique characters to discover. I feel like I know way more than I want to about some of them. 

Never mind. We'll still have fun. 

It's going to be CRAZY incestuous. But yeah, it'll still be fun. 

• Love 2

Here is the latest cast I've seen, and it has been updated since I viewed the same article last night.

Paul, Amber, Enzo, Danielle R, and Kaysar have all been added since I looked last night.

I'm honestly surprised to see Jackson or Holly not on the list - I assumed they had broken up because one or both of them had been cast. Either just him and he wanted to be free to hook up with other people, or both of them and they fake broke up for alliance building purposes.  I wonder if at first Jackson was going to be cast, and then as things unfolded they decided that a winner whose first words were something to the effect of "Mom, I'm not a racist!" wasn't going to be the best look.

Right now...

I'm happy to see:

Amber

Nicole A

Kaycee

Janelle (though nervous too)

Danielle R

Kaysar

Da'Vonne

I'm indifferent to see:

Cody

Tyler

Bayleigh

Daniele D

Nicole F

Josh (and this is a jump up for him)

Hayden

Ian

I'm unhappy to see:

Christmas (and it sucks to dislike her so much when we are both from Raleigh) 

Paul

Enzo (I have vague bad memories of him, but I'll be clear I don't fully remember)

Huh.  I put more people on the happy/indifferent lists than I would have expected.

• Love 2

Little angered me more in BB than when Janelle and Kaysar underestimated Chilltown and waffled in their approach to them.  This and the overwhelming feedster love for him which only built bugged me to distraction.  I just could not understand any of it.

9 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Yes, and I honestly don't understand how any of them could stand to be stuck in such close quarters with that voice. She says three words and I'm ready to stick ice picks in my ears.

"OH MAI GOD-DUHHH"

So last night, Paul (or someone running his reddit account) was commenting on r/BigBrother last night around 11 pm. There has been questions about whether Nicole A. is posting for herself on Twitter or if someone else is doing it (the Nancy Drews have been pointing out that she normally posts from an Android device and all her posts lately are from an iPad - how do they do this?!). I also saw Big Meech posting on reddit last night which sucks because I would have loved to see her back, just to see how she would cope with the new no sleeping during the day rule and to see if she would stress eat everything in sight like last time. 

Also apparently Beast Mode Cowboy went on an IG Live rant where he whined and bitched and complained about Amber possibly being on BB22: AS2: Big Brother Harder and how she's useless and it's ridiculous if she's involved and blah blah blah so apparently that creepy obsessive possessive stalker thing is still happening. I applaud your lack of personal growth, Caleb. Not many people could stay that stagnant for six years. Two nazi symbol tattoos on your head that don't exist thumbs up for you!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I wish I could like this 100 times...it is sooo true.

• Love 2

So no Dan or Derrick? I think I'm good with that. I want to keep liking Dan.

So I'm not 100% on the relationship status of some of these HGs, but I'm liking that fact that I think a lot of them are married or have partners (Janelle, Nicole, Tyler, etc) and the average age is skewing higher. 

I didn't watch the Enzo / Hayden(?) season (are they going to be the ones forming the bro / frat alliance on night one?), and I'm mostly familiar with Britney.

I would love to see Amber get another shot at playing a stalker-free game.

I also cannot stand Ian (as so eloquently explained above). Paul and his holiday minion together? Please no.

Drinking game - when Josh cries.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

Looking forward to seeing who walks in with the biggest ego for getting on All Stars only to go out pre jury. My money is on Bayleigh.

I'm thinking Josh, or rather hoping. Dont know if I can handle a season with both his, and Nichole's voice...

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I didn't watch the Enzo / Hayden(?) season (are they going to be the ones forming the bro / frat alliance on night one?)

Enzo and Hayden were part of an all-bro alliance called The Brigade. They pulled Britney along until they had to dump her and she somehow cluelessly went along with it. I think Meow Meow (Enzo) is assumed to be an alternate (with Amber) buuut there's a chance of a mini- or nü-Brigade if they're together. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Drinking game - when Josh cries.

It's so hard to obtain a new liver in this coronavirus world. But I'm game if anyone else is!

• LOL 2
37 minutes ago, xKHANx said:

Dont know if I can handle a season with both his, and Nichole's voice...

This is 99% of why I'm not excited to see her back. I'm fine with her personality, but I'm very sensitive to voices, and hers is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I know it's totally not her fault, but there you are. 

• Love 3

I wonder if they'll stash away any alternate houseguests on the off chance that one or two of them get sick while they're in the 14 day quarantine before move-in? 

4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Also apparently Beast Mode Cowboy went on an IG Live rant where he whined and bitched and complained about Amber possibly being on BB22: AS2: Big Brother Harder and how she's useless and it's ridiculous if she's involved and blah blah blah so apparently that creepy obsessive possessive stalker thing is still happening. 

Wow lol.

4 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Paul and his holiday minion together? Please no.

The thought of Paul, Christimas, and Josh all together again is making my head hurt.

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Break my fucking heart, why don't you.

5vie7s6nftc51.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

(stole it from reddit)

She's been saying for weeks that she's not on. Could be her fucking with people but I don't see it.

• Love 1

You guys, I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying. I found this hidden between #pizzagate tweets and #wayfairchildtrafficking tweets. I couldn't make that up if I tried. P.S. turn down your volume if you're a headphone user - she's still the best GinaMarie that she can be which means she's loud, obnoxious, and swears every two seconds (wait, that kinda sounds like me...). BB15 really is the high speed train running into the dumpster fire season. 

"Oh and I forgot to add? You're welcome."

• LOL 3

I'd like to think Danielle is coming back but honestly I don't believe half the names that have been rumored.  Derrick, Janelle and Brittney all seem beyond the BB frat house nonsense. 

There's nothing wrong with Amber but she's hardly an All Star.  Other than the whole banana peel pickle fiasco I don't remember much about her. 

I wish they'd throw in one or two people from Celebrity Big Brother.  You know they should be able to find one or two famewhores from that group to do it. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

You guys, I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying. I found this hidden between #pizzagate tweets and #wayfairchildtrafficking tweets. I couldn't make that up if I tried. P.S. turn down your volume if you're a headphone user - she's still the best GinaMarie that she can be which means she's loud, obnoxious, and swears every two seconds (wait, that kinda sounds like me...). BB15 really is the high speed train running into the dumpster fire season. 

"Oh and I forgot to add? You're welcome."

I think my favorite was her imitating Jase with that baaing at the end.

12 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I think my favorite was her imitating Jase with that baaing at the end.

I have to assume that gorgeous dog in the backseat is deaf by now from having to listen to GM prattle on about every conspiracy theory ever because it looks like she believes them ALL. 

18 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I wish they'd throw in one or two people from Celebrity Big Brother.  You know they should be able to find one or two famewhores from that group to do it. 

Why? Why would you wish Eva Marie on us a second time? 

• LOL 2

I saw an ad on tv today for the show and they did show some of the players but I was on the phone and it went by so fast, I didn't really catch any of the the names-- well, except I did see Josh ( probably because I think his head is SO big 🙂 . I haven't been paying a lot of attention to this for the past few days ( real life, unfortunately, has taken up my time) and I wasn't even sure if it was really going to happen,  but I'm happy the show is coming back at all this summer ! Yes, I will probably hate every player within a week ( a given since they are returnees, some of whom I hated the last time they played !). But with very little new tv, I've been watching a lot of Hulu / Netflix , etc., which is fine, but it's not the same as a returning show that I've watched since the beginning. (2000 ? 2001 ? ) Whatever, a long time ago. So let the madness begin !

• Love 4

It's very possible Daniele started sequester then decided it wasn't for her. She lives in SoCal and it's very hard hit with covid. Maybe she tried it and decided she wanted to be at home with her husband and daughter. 

• Love 2

You know, even if Raven didn't have a broken foot currently, I bet she claims to have had COVID three times by now without actually ever having it once for real and would be ineligible anyway. That's sad because there are some people on the list that I would like to subject to her cooking and likely trichinosis poisonings. Although Paul did somehow manage to escape her food sabotage attempts last time. Speaking of:

I would never argue that Paul doesn't deserve to be on an All Star season because he does. I just don't want to see him on there unless he promises that he'll lose at F2 for the third time wearing the same shirt. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Break my fucking heart, why don't you.

5vie7s6nftc51.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

(stole it from reddit)

Rumors are the cast still have access to their phones - some have noticed that they are posting pictures on IG/Twitter but are not liking anything. 

I wonder if the cast reveal will include the alternates and we won’t know the final group until the premiere.

(edited)
1 hour ago, HartofDixie said:

Rumors are the cast still have access to their phones - some have noticed that they are posting pictures on IG/Twitter but are not liking anything. 

I wonder if the cast reveal will include the alternates and we won’t know the final group until the premiere.

Hmm Dani "liked" a photo by Dominic two days ago. yes I have no life so ...

p.s. I hope Dani doesn't play because in BB13 Dick was making all sorts of nasty comments about her gameplay while he was out of the house. I don;t know how their relationship is now but I just don't want to have another summer of Dick trashing his daughter.

Edited by Growsonwalls
29 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Hmm Dani "liked" a photo by Dominic two days ago. yes I have no life so ...

p.s. I hope Dani doesn't play because in BB13 Dick was making all sorts of nasty comments about her gameplay while he was out of the house. I don;t know how their relationship is now but I just don't want to have another summer of Dick trashing his daughter.

They are not on speaking terms.

On 7/23/2020 at 8:44 PM, HartofDixie said:

Looking forward to seeing who walks in with the biggest ego for getting on All Stars only to go out pre jury. My money is on Bayleigh.

Isn’t it possible that everyone this season is on the jury? Because of Covid they’ll all simply go to Sequester? And of course I’m sure Grodner & Co. would want to give all of them a chance to get back into the house.

55 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Isn’t it possible that everyone this season is on the jury? Because of Covid they’ll all simply go to Sequester? And of course I’m sure Grodner & Co. would want to give all of them a chance to get back into the house.

They could do fan favourite Battle of the Block Camp Minorities again for the buyback. I mean, it worked so well the first time, I can't see why they wouldn't bring it back for a second season. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

When I saw which Amber it was I let out a sigh of relief.  I thought it was dumb Amber from Evil Dick's season and that was not someone I ever wanted to see again.

In regards to Danielle R., she did the exact same thing for the original All-Star season.  She kept saying she was not going to play because she wanted to be there for her kids who were in school.  So I would take anything she says with a grain of salt. 

I wonder why no Donny.  I would think if you are going to have an All-Star season he would be up there on the list of people you could get.

I have been living under a rock this past week so I just found out about the potential cast leaks and wow it's all so very underwhelming. I'm not really excited to see Paul, Paulie, and Nicole F together again in the BB house. I felt bad for Amber when her gameplay was trashed by Caleb so I'm glad that she might get a second chance to play. Not really looking forward to seeing Janelle. I loved her and Kaysar but I heard that she's a Trump supporter so idk if those two will have as solid of an alliance as they did before.

19 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I wonder why no Donny.  I would think if you are going to have an All-Star season he would be up there on the list of people you could get.

Maybe location? Donny lives in North Carolina, maybe most of the cast we end up with currently live near California/LA?

6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I have to assume that gorgeous dog in the backseat is deaf by now from having to listen to GM prattle on about every conspiracy theory ever because it looks like she believes them ALL. 

Why? Why would you wish Eva Marie on us a second time? 

She wouldn't be any worse than some of the other rumored returnees.  But I was thinking more along the lines of Mark, Tamar or Jonathan.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

Oh, good spec. I was really surprised to hear they were going to be announcing the cast a week early. What if one of them ends up testing positive and they have to replace them? So, yea, maybe they're going to announce everyone they have in sequester and say to tune in live to see the final cast.

12 hours ago, TimWil said:

Another good point. Maybe they'll come up with some 'Edge of Extinction' type twist for this very reason.

8 hours ago, Maverick said:

But I was thinking more along the lines of Mark, Tamar or Jonathan.  

Unfortunately, Tamar is in the hospital after a possible suicide attempt. I would have loved to see her play a regular season.

• Love 1
On 7/24/2020 at 1:00 PM, CrazyDog said:

I didn't watch the Enzo / Hayden(?) season (are they going to be the ones forming the bro / frat alliance on night one?), and I'm mostly familiar with Britney.

The key to Hayden's success was that he went to a typical bro alliance, but was smart enough to make it seem like he WASN'T in a bro alliance. Each of the guys in the bro alliance got really close to other members not in the alliance and thus made it seem like they were in a typical big alliance, while actually secretly being in a smaller alliance together. 

Bro alliances usually fall apart because even the stupid people they cast on this show know enough to go after bro alliances. Hayden worked by hiding it. 

Derrick, on the other hand, BACKED INTO a similar arrangement in BB16, when one of the pycho members of his bro alliance decided to add three women to the bro alliance and it was the addition of those three women (and the specific set-up of that season to be particularly favorable to bro alliances by having a physical competition determine the HoH AFTER the initial HoH competition ended up with two dueling HoHs). 

that worked so well for Derrick. 

• Love 2