Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: The Key

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Lamima said:

1) cars zipping around when gas should be long gone at this point

The trucks and guns are getting bigger in every episode.  I am pretty sure that the oil industry and the NRA took the show over. 

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

soooooooooo........apparently no one in the zombie apocalypse has thought to pick up a BOOK to get instructions for BUILDING THINGS???!!!!!    So everyone has been waiting for this white preppy lady to show up with a set of sunglass wearing twins (I learned that they were twins on Talking Dead tonight) to give them the KEYS TO THE FUTURE.    Let's just ignore the fact that all of the plans for building useful things is already contained in books.   Are people now too stupid to look this stuff up??????

Not just books, about everything disappeared from that world except for pick-up trucks and guns.   HEE HAW! 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Can someone tell me why Michonne is the only one who doesn't carry a gun and when she does, she never uses it? 

Ooh, ooh I know this one! Actually, I think it's the only one of your questions that has an answer other than "the writers are idiots."  Michonne doesn't use a gun much because she sucks at it.  Unless I am misremembering, they had an episode a few seasons ago where she was practicing with a rifle (to possibly use against Negan I think) and could barely hit the broad side of a barn. I remember thinking it was interesting for them to show one of the original cast being bad at some aspect of violence.

• Love 5

So the new little gang is sharing "knowledge" in the form of manuals on how to survive using tried and true, non-hi tech methods??? That shit is done by everyone all the time on Life Below Zero.. Hell, Sue Akins could teach all these "mo fo's" how to live a subsistent life and "Mcgyver" everything.

I despise the Negan speechifying as much as all of you, but I had to crack up when he and Rick were playing hide n seek in the dark warehouse, and Negan proposed the "deal"  I'm paraphrasing but he said it was a gift that would be pleasing as hell on Christmas, Chanukah (sp?).., some other gifting days and then.... threw in Kwanza..  Kwanza made me crack up....

Did anyone ever see JDM in a movie entitled The Salvation?  It is a western with Eva Green.. He is absolutely Negan in that film. It was made in 2014, so I am assuming somebody in WD world saw that performance and said they found their Negan.

• Love 7

So how many more times are we going to see Rick nearly kill Negan (while not harming a hair on his head) and Negan nearly killing Rick and both discussing it along the way? Is this supposed to be suspenseful, when we know full well and in advance that no matter what Tom&Jerry antics they get up to, neither will be killed or even harmed? What kind of bullshit is this? 

Gah! This! I'm trying like hell to wait out this "all out war" thing but this has got to be at least the third time Rick had ample opportunity to dispatch Negan once and for all, and all we get is yet another scene with their usual cat-and-mouse dialogue. As he was walking up to the overturned car firing his machine gun I was yelling "Quit wasting all those bullets!" I mean, why was he even shooting at the car?? It was so stupid and pointless. And then he finally gets a clear shot at him and "click" he's out of bullets. {headsmack} I'm so over this shit. 

But this kook who looks like a real estate agent walking up and acting like she alone carries the secrets of the Templars in her head, bestowing them on the righteous is just plain stupid.  I mean, they could read Little House On The Prairie and get practical survival information.   My own dad grew up without running water.  Like everything else they're doing this season, these ideas negate or ignore everything that's already happened on this show.

It's the Junkyard people all over again. Whoever wrote this crap seems to be under the impression that this show takes place in the distant future where all current knowledge has been lost. Yet we can clearly see walls lined with books in Gregory's office in the same episode. WTF? I didn't get why Maggie was beaming as though this lady was handing her something valuable. Moreover, all the silo building and lumber cutting in the world isn't going to do a lick of good if they can't get rid of the Saviors. Priorities, people.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Also...

Not to knock on Strauss* excessively, but wasn’t the entire purpose behind Gregory’s selection of Hilltop for colonization because it had been a “living museum” already geared to function in a colonial, pre-electrical manner?  

In which case, aren’t the Hilltoppers already doing a good chunk of the gee-whiz stuff Strauss has recorded in her precious “How To Run A Proper Renfest” manuscript draft?

* For me, Hey There Georgie Girl will always be Erin Strauss, the alcoholic supervisor in Criminal Minds who kept trying to dismantle the BAU.

It is the "pre-electrical manner" that I will never understand...  Why?

Solar-wind kits for homes have been existing for quite a while now, you just follow the instruction of the manual to install it and here you are...  Electricity!

https://www.bluepacificsolar.com/hybrid-solar-wind.html

They had some in Alexandria but we never saw a single TV, Computer, tool, or anything usefull working on it. Let's not forget Drones, security cameras, etc.. That  they could use, but they were still using Tiki torches for Christ sake.

Edited by heisenberg
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I mean, why was he even shooting at the car??

For the same reason he shot out all the windows, I guess. To make sure Negan doesn't get hurt.

52 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

Not just books, about everything disappeared from that world except for pick-up trucks and guns.

Speaking of that, since when does Negan tool around in that little economy shitbox he was driving? When have we ever seen him not in a truck? Oh, I guess he needed to be driving that last night so Rick could ram it easily. I wonder if anyone is going to be pissed that he smashed up the perfectly good vehicle he was driving, for no reason. The way these people waste resources, you'd never know there's shortages of any kind.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tiredofwork said:

Did anyone ever see JDM in a movie entitled The Salvation?  It is a western with Eva Green.. He is absolutely Negan in that film. It was made in 2014, so I am assuming somebody in WD world saw that performance and said they found their Negan.

Is that the one with Mads Mikkelsen? I thought the same thing when I saw it.

• Love 2

I gotta say the most interesting about the episode I read was in the live chat. Someone mentioned Dawn and it turned into the famous Ben/Glory running gag. I was waiting in anticipation if someone would bust out with *Get Out! Get Out! GET OUT!* rather than for anything to happen in the actual episode. Isn't that kind of sad?

Oh well, another episode for me to skip.

• Love 3

I really liked how Maggie and Michonne didn't extract any info from Glenn Close.  Where do you live?  How many people do you have?  Do you know about the Saviors?  They didn't even ask their OWN dumb "three questions" about killing ppl and zombies.  Instead they just smiled and took handwritten instructions on how to build medieval aqueducts.

Edited by peach
my thumbs couldn't spell Michonne when I was sitting in my car
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

No wonder Morgan hotfooted it over to Fear the Walking Dead.  He just couldn't take this shit anymore.  

I'm hoping it's Clear Morgan that's being shipped over there so that (to quote Simon) he can "expunge" and "redact" the cast.

17 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Well, they saved some money by just recording the audio and showing us a black screen for most of Rick & Negan's interminable confrontation.

We call this "Keller Vision" at Casa Persnickety.  

Mini-Persnickety and I agree that by shooting in darkness so much, it allows them to get away with less special effect (particularly walker) effort and thus it's cheaper.

17 hours ago, maystone said:

Yes! I want to go live with Georgie and Hilde and Midge. Knowledge is the key. I perked right up when the three of them popped out of the van (my little lesbian heart beating happily), and then when the medieval angle was introduced I damn near squeed. Christine de Pisan and The Book of the City of Women! Which probably means nothing to anyone who wasn't a Medieval Studies major, but which got my mind racing to all sorts of wonderful places this new arc could take the story. Yay for Michonne opening that path.

I like the new spin given to the Saviors with Simon getting ready to take over, and I love that Jadis not only captured Negan but knocked him the hell out. Finally someone put some hurtin' on the guy. It sure as hell wasn't Rick - who with a freakin' machine gun and Negan trapped in an overturned vehicle could not even nick the guy. I cut this show a lot of slack, but seriously - he has to be trying to miss to be that bad a shot.

Fuck those 3 standard questions the gang uses.  My first and possibly only question would be "Do you have coffee?"  

10 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The only good.part was at the very end when Jadis spoke on behalf of every TWD fan (and former fan) by telling Neagan to "Shut up!".

So reminiscent of when Michonne knocked Rick in the head with her gun when he was looking and acting like a maniac at Alexandria.  

9 hours ago, oakville said:

Zeke was building the Kingdom. The Governor had a functioning town. Alexandria had male & female leadership. Hilltop was building something.CDB destroyed everything.

As Hershel said, "You people are the plague!"

6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, she certainly knows how to keep her whites really white. That blouse was blinding.

So how many more times are we going to see Rick nearly kill Negan (while not harming a hair on his head) and Negan nearly killing Rick and both discussing it along the way? Is this supposed to be suspenseful, when we know full well and in advance that no matter what Tom&Jerry antics they get up to, neither will be killed or even harmed? What kind of bullshit is this? If Rick wanted to kill Negan he could have done so way back when Negan was out on that balcony thing, bragging about the size of his unit, and Rick and a dozen others could have shot him 20 times over and then in the house, etc.

As they ran around that basement, I never once thought, "OMG, is someone going to get killed?" No, I thought, "Will one of you just hurry and run away so we can move on?" It really is like a old-time cartoon - with all the battering, falling, shooting and beating, no one ever gets hurt.

Where is the person who wrote the scenes where Rick was hiding in terror under the bed while the Claimers roamed around and then when he desperately killed the one in the bathroom? Of course I knew Rick wouldn't die, but those scenes actually had me on the edge of my seat. Yeah, Rick killed that guy with his bare hands, but can't even wing Negan with a machine gun, a pistol, a knife and an axe. LOL!

And it's pretty sad, but I still actually find Negan more tolerable than I do Snidely Whiplash, I mean Simon, who is the biggest ham/scene chewer ever. "Redact?" Great word to use in what is supposed to be a rousing speech, particularly since I doubt any of the followers even know what it means. Too bad Churchill never thought of that: "We shall redact them on the beaches, we shall redact them on the fields and the streets... "

Yes, and mad props for hanging onto a set of pearl earrings as well.   She looked like someone with access to coffee., and possibly chocolate and wine.  I'd have jumped over everybody else to get inside that van and go with her.  

4 hours ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Yes!!!!  I've always held my parents in contempt for not following my thoughts and plans that I had as a teenager.   How dare they not make new life plans based on what a fifteen year old immature me thought.   

Random thoughts follow.

Between the car wreck and the whack on the back from Lucille, and yes I went back and watched again as Rick connected with the back of Negan, the Fonzi leather jacket is still pristine with nary a scratch or scuff.    

Am I the only one who was yelling at Michonne to shoot Maggie there at the end when they were having their discussion????

Dwight is strangely now the character that I am most invested in.   Whoever said that there is now no character development or interaction is absolutely correct.   I don't care about anyone anymore.

soooooooooo........apparently no one in the zombie apocalypse has thought to pick up a BOOK to get instructions for BUILDING THINGS???!!!!!    So everyone has been waiting for this white preppy lady to show up with a set of sunglass wearing twins (I learned that they were twins on Talking Dead tonight) to give them the KEYS TO THE FUTURE.    Let's just ignore the fact that all of the plans for building useful things is already contained in books.   Are people now too stupid to look this stuff up??????

I've spent about 3 seasons now hoping someone would cap Maggie...right after someone caps Tara.

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Echo echo.  Throughout the course of the entire series the two characters in which I was most heavily invested were Glenn and Carl - and while my like of Glenn was pretty much automatic, the same sure as hell couldn’t be said of Carl.  I hated his snotnose petulant damned-if-I’ll-stay-in-the-house-Mom attitude for the first few seasons.  Carl didn’t turn the corner for me until “After” (the pudding episode), when Carl learned even he had limits and lost his childish sense of Superman indestructibility.  And both (especially Carl) were killed off for ratings schtick.

Well... three days in the TWD universe could easily span 3-4 years IRL - so it’s entirely possible Carl could be resurrected after Chandler Riggs graduates college....

I couldn't agree more.  I found the little shit intolerable until that particular episode.  In fact, it was at the end of that episode because I was really rooting for him to fall off of the roof into a swarm of walkers with only the sharp lid of the pudding can for defense.  After that episode ended, I found myself liking the character despite myself (although I still think my pudding can lid scenario would have been epic).  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 9

btw, what exactly was Rick's plan for breaking down the barrier to let the walkers out into that room? "I know, I'll let them out and that ass Negan will just blunder in here willy-nilly and get bit. While I, of course, will safely make it out, no problemo."     This is ONLY a halfway good idea if you KNOW the numbers of walkers in there, and you KNOW you are not going to get overwhelmed. LIKE ya almost did, ya bonehead. Negan in fact had to make the path so you COULD escape.

Not to mention, make sure to use up all the ammo in that machine gun outside where you can't hit a barnside....don't save that for indoors and close quarters where you're odds of capping Negan go up at least tenfold.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Speaking of that, since when does Negan tool around in that little economy shitbox he was driving?

It was not an econo shitbox, it was a Dodge Charger.  It came with a V6 or a V8, it used to be a police car.  Nothing economical is tolerate in the zombie world!

B5502.JPG

• Love 5
15 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hell, even the spots for Fear the Walking Dead were kind of fun since they had Garrett Dillahunt in a cowboy hat and Morgan.

Wait.  What?  I hate Madison but I'm totally in for Garrett Dillahunt.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

This is ONLY a halfway good idea if you KNOW the numbers of walkers in there, and you KNOW you are not going to get overwhelmed. LIKE ya almost did, ya bonehead. Negan in fact had to make the path so you COULD escape.

And now it seems not even the most ineffective weapon is needed to kill multiple walkers and escape without even a scratch. Too bad Carl didn't know about that New Rule.

33 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I am still trying to figure out how Alicia can be a heroic figure on FTWD, when I seriously doubt that she can find her ass without an app. 

I've never watched that and have no intentions of doing so, but that's a good description of many of our heroes on TWD now and made me snicker.

26 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

It was not an econo shitbox, it was a Dodge Charger. 

I stand corrected. I should have known Negan would never drive anything that wasn't what he considers to be macho and doesn't scream, "Look at the size of my steel-encased nuts!"

1 hour ago, peach said:

I really liked how Maggie and Michonne didn't extract any info from Glenn Close. 

I know! I'd be asking where they came from, where do they live, how they've managed to keep their clothes so pressed and why do they have some OCD thing going on about old records to the point they'd give up a shitload of food for them. But no, Maggie the Leader just stands there smiling wearily yet sweetly like a frickin' dumbbell and asks nothing at all. I'd love to have seen which "phonograph" records they got.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, peach said:

Just to clarify, I wish they WOULD focus on "world building" the world of TWD.  But this kook who looks like a real estate agent walking up and acting like she alone carries the secrets of the Templars in her head, bestowing them on the righteous is just plain stupid.

Just to clarify, I fucking LOVE this line.

3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Speaking of that, since when does Negan tool around in that little economy shitbox he was driving? 

As has already been answered earlier, a Dodge Charger would only be considered an economy car on Planet Ferrari.  

But hey - so long as the planet you ARE living on has a steady supply of Perpetually Stable brand gasoline stored in Magically Refilling brand gas cans, why worry about fuel economy?  :P

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Nashville said:

But hey - so long as the planet you ARE living on has a steady supply of Perpetually Stable brand gasoline stored in Magically Refilling brand gas cans, why worry about fuel economy?  :P

And why worry when cars and fuel are so readily available you can just crash cars for dramatic effect?

Off topic but am I only one who keeps getting intermittant messages that say:

CloudFront is currently experiencing problems.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Just to clarify, I fucking LOVE this line.

Thank you!

38 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know! I'd be asking where they came from, where do they live, how they've managed to keep their clothes so pressed and why do they have some OCD thing going on about old records to the point they'd give up a shitload of food for them. But no, Maggie the Leader just stands there smiling wearily yet sweetly like a frickin' dumbbell and asks nothing at all. I'd love to have seen which "phonograph" records they got.

Also, wouldn't you ask, like, so, where did you acquire this knowledge?  Are you an engineer?  A professor?  After Eugene's giant fake out about pretending to have secret cure information, you'd think she'd be a tiny bit more skeptical.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, candall said:

I don't believe the new leader-type character being female necessarily has to represent a women build/men destroy "theme."  As you noted, there have been characters with various agendas, motives and visions, of both genders.

They played up this angle on Talking Dead in a clip I saw.  Yvette Nicole Brown made a big deal out of it.  The men fighting, slashing, burning, juxtaposed with the peaceful, thoughtful, building women.  All of whom have brutally killed people, and Maggie helped Carol set some women on fire, but, hey, GIRL POWER.  (she also tied it in to Hillary Clinton)

• Love 6
5 hours ago, EllenC said:

It infuriates me to feel like one must watch the talk show to understand the real show's "subtleties." Just no. Hello, writers, that's still a problem. (Infuriates being the wrong word, as I don't actually care that much now.)

I used to like it for the extras, like cast interviews, etc.  But it's unbearable now to watch them cheerlead for this dreck.  And as you say, you shouldn't have to watch it to understand what's happening.  In the one clip I did see this week, at least Chris and Yvette complained about Rick's Stormtrooper aim.  He's a lot more free with his comments when one of the tribunal of Kirkman/Gimple/Nicotero isn't there.

• Love 8

I fast forwarded every scene of Negan going on and on and on.  I actually got very excited in the Rick vs. Negan part as I wondered, maybe, just maybe, will they kill Negan to end the downward spiral of ratings and the loss of viewers.  I almost held my breath and then...nothing.  I couldn't believe how much I was hoping that Rick would FINALLY kill Negan and end my pain.  

At this point I've decided that I hope they kill off Rick as I can then completely quit this show.  I'm in it for Rick and when he's gone, I'm gone.

Agree with others about the "magical" knowledge of Georgie.  Why, how in the world did she come up with the idea of reading a book?!?  Of course, it was a book she wrote (or copied down) so I guess she's just another self-published author trying to get people to read her book and without Amazon being available during the Zombie Apocalypse she just has to go around and give out copies to whomever she finds.  Now, THAT's Prime delivery.

• Love 13

I'm actually not as bothered by Negan's constant talking as I am by all the other Saviors. Simon drives me insane. It's bad enough to have one baddie who uses stilted language, but Simon is now Negan lite -- he even arches his back when he speaks. The only one that doesn't use Negan speak is Dwight. Gavin did a little bit, the guy that Daryl blew up did. It's incredibly annoying. It needs to stop now. 

Negan definitely has the thickest plot armor ever. All that gunfire and bat swinging and nothing? Please. Just kill him already. He won't be missed. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

so long as the planet you ARE living on has a steady supply of Perpetually Stable brand gasoline stored in Magically Refilling brand gas cans,

Meant to say - I could ignore or or accept that, along with other little details that make no sense. I'm not hard to please when it comes to my entertainment. The story and the characters are what matter to me. What I can't accept are people acting and talking like such morons and idiots they should have died the first day of apocalypse, and Gimple and his team of high school boy-writers thinking WE are such morons and idiots that we find grown men rhapsodizing about their penii wonderfully witty and amusing and that we should believe a former deputy sheriff can't hit someone with a machine gun.

11 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I couldn't believe how much I was hoping that Rick would FINALLY kill Negan and end my pain.  

Ah, hope springs eternal. In that storyline, I'm afraid we're all doomed to endless disappointment.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, peach said:

Instead they just smiled and took handwritten instructions on how to build medieval aqueducts.

That made me laugh!  But now I am stuck with an image in my head.   

A medieval aqueduct made of strings and bamboo with Gilligan standing proudly near it while the captain is staring at him scratching his head.

As if all the plumbing stuff in the hardware stores has vanished.

If they do such a thing I will feel so insulted that they (The writers) think that of me beeing that dumb. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

That made me laugh!  But now I am stuck with an image in my head.   

A medieval aqueduct made of strings and bamboo with Gilligan standing proudly near it while the captain is staring at him scratching his head.

As if all the plumbing stuff in the hardware stores has vanished.

If they do such a thing I will feel so insulted that they (The writers) think that of me beeing that dumb. 

YOU SAID YOU KNEW HOW TO BUILD AN AQUEDUCT!

gilligan-the-skipper-gilligans-island-26546641-708-600.jpg

• Love 8

Expectations are at a minimum. All I ask of the show at this point is that it doesn't actively make me angry. In that sense, it was a passable episode.

Except since when has Enid had a say in how to run things? It was literally a "shut up, the adults are talking" moment. Enid (and Tara, and others) are walking dissenting opinions. I miss the times when there was a sense of hierarchy in the group. Shut up, Enid. Gah, I'm getting angrier as i write about the episode.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, peach said:

Ahh, Professor! R.I.P. 89 years old, and I bet you could still do better at making stuff than any of our beloved CDB members.

Is there an "Aqueducts for Dummies" book out there?

39 minutes ago, CrashTextDummie said:

Shut up, Enid.

Sigh. The list of who needs to shut up is getting longer all the time. It's sad when the character I most wanted gone is quickly becoming my favorite - Dwight, don't you dare start monologuing. And Simon? Can someone please redact him? In the meantime - STFU, you asshole.

• Love 1

you know you don't see any younger teens in the saviors....you know why right? teens are 100x SMARTER AND WISER than the adults. Enid will take Maggie's place oh 2 seasons from now. Michonne will be her right hand girl, dishing out justice with a sword. Glenn Close will try to administer grandmotherly wisdom, but that will be discounted as "it's cute how grandparents pretend they know anything about life".

• Love 3

Thank you everyone! Reading this thread has entertained me (far more than the show is now capable of doing).

I still find it a little sad that a former favourite show can now be best described with cartoon memes and comparisons to Gilligan's Island...but it is funny (and true!). Also, the Ben/Glory conversation makes me feel like I need to do a Buffy re-watch (after i watch the Terror).

What will next week bring? The Peanuts featuring good ol' Charlie Brown? Swiss Family Robinson? Inspector Gadget?

Tune in next week (...for the next episode of..."Pigs...in...Spaaace")

;)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peach said:

They played up this angle on Talking Dead in a clip I saw.  Yvette Nicole Brown made a big deal out of it.  The men fighting, slashing, burning, juxtaposed with the peaceful, thoughtful, building women.  All of whom have brutally killed people, and Maggie helped Carol set some women on fire, but, hey, GIRL POWER.  (she also tied it in to Hillary Clinton)

The bolded doesn't bother me at all, but people acting like women are never brutal, is a bit much. I have my own experiences that say otherwise, and when I heard last year, that an all-girl Lord of the Flies, would never work, I didn't agree with that viewpoint. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'd always assumed Negan was a last name, and not a particularly quirky one. 

Michonne and Negan are too cool to have last names. Negan is too cool to die. Daryl is too cool to bathe. Garbage Pail Kids are (were) too cool to speak in complete sentences. Get with the program people.

• Love 5

Jadis = high school art teacher, couldn't make it as professional artist, still likes to put on airs of superior art intellect, barely can maintain normal conversation, loves to give jaded stares of judgment. had oh 2-3 of these in my time.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, EllenC said:

If Lauren Cohen does leave the show for a better opportunity, can we do some kind of Dallas-style switch and get Glenn back? Come on, you all know that's no dumber plotting than we've been treated to lately. Maybe he has been alive in the garbage pile all along.

Sure! How’s this: Glenn had a vision quest when he was under the dumpster in which he foresaw his own death. So he went into hiding but first he 3-D printed himself and sent the clone to protect Maggie. He has been watching from afar the entire time and will only come out when Maggie leaves or dies because he will have to live for the baby Maggie shows NO signs of carrying even though Judith is like 6 years old all of a sudden.

Remember, this is a world wherein no one has contracted the zombie fever while walking around gravely wounded and covered in undead viscera (example: Michonne outside the prison begging Carl to let her in with zombie guts dripping into a bullet (stab?) wound on her thigh). But now it’s a threat. Glenn can’t realistically come back, but what’s reality when you have Scott Gimple?

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Danai Gurira is a Tony award nominated playwright and is in one of the biggest movies of all time. My sincere hope for her is that Michonne gets it in the neck soon so that her career is no longer dragged down by this dreck. 

• Love 6

Maybe Glenn just had a twin. Or some kind of plastic surgery situation where we just THOUGHT that was Glenn at the end of Bigmouth Fonzie's bat because Jadis had captured the real one for her artistic muse.

They do it on Lifetime all the time. With the scenery chewing and rewriting of past show history/tropes we get these days, I feel that's pretty much where we are.

Oh Merle and Hershel. Sigh. Y'all know Shane would have taken out Negan by now.

Edited by EllenC
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, EllenC said:

Maybe Glenn just had a twin. Or some kind of plastic surgery situation where we just THOUGHT that was Glenn at the end of Bigmouth Fonzie's bat because Jadis had captured the real one for her artistic muse.

They do it on Lifetime all the time. With the scenery chewing and rewriting of past show history/tropes we get these days, I feel that's pretty much where we are.

Oh Merle and Hershel. Sigh. Y'all know Shane would have taken out Negan by now.

Shane would have taken him out easily. I didn't like Shane when I was first watching the show, but he was a good part of it, and I wouldn't mind seeing him again now. I don't remember wanting him off the show, he was just made for a good potential foe, and he was good at what he did. He wouldn't have missed Negan with a machine gun.

Edited by Anela
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Anela said:

Shane would have taken him out easily. I didn't like Shane when I was first watching the show, but he was a good part of it, and I wouldn't mind seeing him again now. I don't remember wanting him off the show, he was just made for a good potential foe, and he was good at what he did. He wouldn't have missed Negan with a machine gun.

Well, to be fair, Rick could have taken him out easily, but TPTB won't let Rick be Rick.  Who knows how much they would have ruined Shane by now.

1 hour ago, Johnny Dollar said:

Danai Gurira is a Tony award nominated playwright and is in one of the biggest movies of all time. My sincere hope for her is that Michonne gets it in the neck soon so that her career is no longer dragged down by this dreck. 

At this point, it really does seem like being set free.  Here's Carl, DJing in heaven. lol  I do feel bad for the actors, who have all said for years (genuinely, I believe) that they love being on the show and what a family it has been to them all.  Too bad it's being driven into the ground by the higher ups

carl dj.jpg

• Love 7

Was I the only person who saw the lady with Judith and the baby who thought maybe Maggie gave birth offscreen and they just didn’t bother saying anything or showing any of her pregnancy?

Also why didn’t Negan’s dick extender Lucille get burnt during the good two minutes it was on fire? Are zombie guts a flame repellant?

erm....I like Georgie. At least she came in, stated her case, and gave them useful rebuilding information. Beats Daryl’s thousand yard stare he uses as his only means of communication except when absolutely necessary.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, peach said:

Reminds me of my favorite line from Back To the Beach - as delivered by a strangely familiar white-capped bartender:

You know, I lived with a guy for years. A real genius. He could take a couple of these pineapples or a couple of coconuts with some strings and wire and make a nuclear reactor. But he couldn't fix a two-foot hole in a boat.

• Love 3

And so much for the naked porn star walker as well - nudity loses some of its titillation value when decay has eradicated most of the sexually distinguishing characteristics.  Although I’m pretty certain Hardwick hit the nail on the head when he Rule 34’ed that someone somewhere probably enjoyed that scene a little too much.....

• Love 2

Negan's pie hole being shut down by Jadis of all people was the highlight of the season (gee, can you imagine just how annoying his neverending babbling must be to her?). Now, where is my epic novella about Lucille's beau meeting his gory and very graphic demise at the hands of The Woman?

It really says something that Nana Doubtfire's Big Lipped Alligator Moment somehow did more to advance the plot than Rick and Negan 89443948th piss contest.

Steven Ogg continues to be the better Negan. It's too bad Simon's days are numbered, I still miss Jayson Warner Smith's Gavin.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Was I the only person who saw the lady with Judith and the baby who thought maybe Maggie gave birth offscreen and they just didn’t bother saying anything or showing any of her pregnancy?

That was Gracie, the baby that Rick picked up after killing her father.

It's really pathetic that Rick cannot kill Negan.  He's had ample opportunity yet he keeps delaying or missing.  It's really tedious at this point.  Kudos to Jadis for doing what we all wish we could do at the end of the episode.  I really, really hope this whole Savior business is done by the end of the season.  It's been dragging on for years with very little forward momentum.  You could have skipped the past 2 seasons and not be confused by what is happening now.  Bloviate, fight, bloviate, fight... wash, rinse, repeat.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

couldn't leave the baby there  at the Savior location with no one alive to take care of him/her.

Oh, yes, that one. Aaron wanted her then he didn't want her because he needs to set off on his 'Littlest Hobo' meanderings to seek out new life and new civilizations, to bold go... oh, sorry. Wrong show.

Greg Nicotero thinks the interminable, predictable 'Tag - You're IT' dreary chase and no-fight scene with Rick and Negan is 'epic.'

The only people now who deserve any kudos are the prop people. At least they can get their jobs done effectively. Of course they had to use an accelerent to light up Lucille, because it's impossible to set a baseball bat on fire with a lighter.

Epic!

• Love 1