Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: The Key

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

The librarian lady is Georgie. She is on Talking Dead wearing a spiked dog collar. Mmmmmokay . I don’t know where they are going with this storyline. Unless she and her people have a huge arsenal of weapons to help Rick and co. wipe out the Saviors I’m not interested.

Is next week the finale? 

• Love 3

The Saviors are coming. We need to fight. We are going to fight.  They have said those lines so many times now its not even fun enough to be a drinking game.

Rick when he is in crazy mode always a treat to watch but he didn't kill any saviors.

Still do not buy or like Maggie as a Leader.

The scene with Rick and Daryl was actually good.  Carol and Rick should have shared a scene since she knows what it is like to lose a child.

• Love 24

Awesome. Just what I had been thinking: What this show really needs is another group of quirky people dressed oddly.

Especially because the junkyard dogs kids storyline turned out to be so riveting.

And I didn't even watch -- just followed along the live chat. Which did not make me want to turn from NCAA hoops.

Edited by EllenC
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

The librarian lady is Georgie. She is on Talking Dead wearing a spiked dog collar. Mmmmmokay . I don’t know where they are going with this storyline. Unless she and her people have a huge arsenal of weapons to help Rick and co. wipe out the Saviors I’m not interested.

Is next week the finale? 

I think there are 16 episodes.  So that leaves four.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Unless she and her people have a huge arsenal of weapons to help Rick and co. wipe out the Saviors I’m not interested.

To use a WW II analogy, she less Gen. George Patton and more Gen. George Marshall. To put it another way, she's not here to win the war, she's here to win the peace.

• Love 5

I was thinking of this song while watching the episode. It makes no sense for Negan to be so attached to a baseball bat. Last week we had swampy walkers. This week it's flaming walkers. Next week ?

• Love 4

So. We watched Rick and Negan play Wile E. Coyote vs. the Roadrunner,  we get hit over the head (see what I did there?) with the message that men destroy and women create and rebuild, and get a final scene with Negan and the Garbage Pail Kid queen.

Why did I watch this again?

Edited by shanndee
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

I was thinking of this song while watching the episode. It makes no sense for Negan to be so attached to a baseball bat. Last week we had swampy walkers. This week it's flaming walkers. Next week ?

I'm convinced he used part of his dead wife for the bat.

• Love 9

Another triumph for the showrunner and the writers.

Rick and Negan "cross dicks" again. Rick crashes one of his few working vehicles and then fires wildly using about 800 bullets. Hits nothing. Throws knife. Hits nothing. They monologue at each other all over the building, attracting walkers, Rick uses axe, hits nothing. More talking, Lucillle is on fire, blah blah. Dwigt and Simon, whose balls are flapping in the breeze. Who is it on this show that is obsessed with male genitalia? I"m so sick and tired of hearing about balls and dicks I could puke.

We get New Renaissance Tootsie, who has lots of food from somewhere and keeps her laundry done. What the actual fuck? She wants to play records and has the plans for rebuilding the world all in her head.

Where did Jadis come from? Where did she get the car and how did she get Negan into it? And where is the catapult we were promised?

Good thing Judith doesn't know her daddy went to check on Jadis before he checked on her. It might give her a complex.

Really, all I could think while watching this was, "Is this thing ever going to end?" What was it, like two hours?

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

No wonder Morgan hotfooted it over to Fear the Walking Dead.  He just couldn't take this shit anymore.  

Amazing to think that FTWD would become preferable.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, shanndee said:

we get hit over the head (see what I did there?) with the message that men destroy and women create and rebuild,

This is really annoying if they're going to suddenly throw this in as a theme, since it pretty much goes against 8 years of many different men type people trying to build communities.  People like...what's his name again?  Glenn?

• Love 16

I was the only live-chatter who liked Georgie.  "Pearl."  I thought it was a nice change of pace to pop out a new character in a crispy seersucker blazer with some understated pearl earrings and fashion choice glasses.  She clearly has access to shampoo.  I'm intrigued.

(It's weirdly dissonant to learn that Jayne prefers a "leather studded dog collar under purple faux motorcycle jacket" look in real life.)

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

True but its not much better over there. I cant stand Madison!!

I can't stand her either, and I stopped watching FTWD because of her, but to Morgan this will be a new experience.  I predict he'll get tired of looking at that face of hers and hotfoot it somewhere else eventually.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Who is it on this show that is obsessed with male genitalia? I"m so sick and tired of hearing about balls and dicks I could puke.

Is this a big part of the comics?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Amazing to think that FTWD would become preferable.

Not even my love for Morgan can overcome my hatred of Madison and her 2 spawn. Are Daniel and Strand still on the show? Maybe Morgan + Daniel + Strand could be worth watching...

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Another triumph for the showrunner and the writers.

Rick and Negan "cross dicks" again. Rick crashes one of his few working vehicles and then fires wildly using about 800 bullets. Hits nothing. Throws knife. Hits nothing. They monologue at each other all over the building, attracting walkers, Rick uses axe, hits nothing. More talking, Lucillle is on fire, blah blah. Dwigt and Simon, whose balls are flapping in the breeze. Who is it on this show that is obsessed with male genitalia? I"m so sick and tired of hearing about balls and dicks I could puke.

We get New Renaissance Tootsie, who has lots of food from somewhere and keeps her laundry done. What the actual fuck? She wants to play records and has the plans for rebuilding the world all in her head.

Where did Jadis come from? Where did she get the car and how did she get Negan into it? And where is the catapult we were promised?

Good thing Judith doesn't know her daddy went to check on Jadis before he checked on her. It might give her a complex.

Really, all I could think while watching this was, "Is this thing ever going to end?" What was it, like two hours?

Why would Jadis let Negan be a passenger in her car without being tied up? This makes no sense.

I was happy that Georgie gave Maggie a book on rebuilding the world. It is the first positive development I have seen in a while.

Georgie looks like Robin Williams in Mrs Doubtfire.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Is this a big part of the comics?

I've never seen the comics, but probably. I think it's Kirkman's idea of how macho men talk.

1 minute ago, oakville said:

Georgie looks like Robin Williams in Mrs Doubtfire.

Ah! I said "Tootsie" but Mrs. Doubtfire is exactly who I meant!

• Love 4

I guess I don't really get the "rebuilding the world" thing. The world is still there.  There's not really a lack of buildings and objects.  And gasoline and ammo.

And all the books about everything ever.

Edited by peach
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, shanndee said:

Not even my love for Morgan can overcome my hatred of Madison and her 2 spawn. Are Daniel and Strand still on the show? Maybe Morgan + Daniel + Strand could be worth watching...

Madison is annoying. Alicia is OK. Nick is an idiot. Strand & Daniel are my 2 favourite characters.

• Love 4
Just now, AngelaHunter said:

And phonograph records!

Hey, something new happened: Rick jumped out a window that had no glass in it for once.

Thank God.  They might be out of tiny bandaids.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, peach said:

I guess I don't really get the "rebuilding the world" thing. The world is still there.  There's not really a lack of buildings and objects.  And gasoline and ammo.

And all the books about everything ever.

Maybe Georgie is wanting to build it in the image she wants rather than rebuild.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

To use a WW II analogy, she less Gen. George Patton and more Gen. George Marshall. To put it another way, she's not here to win the war, she's here to win the peace.

Yes! I want to go live with Georgie and Hilde and Midge. Knowledge is the key. I perked right up when the three of them popped out of the van (my little lesbian heart beating happily), and then when the medieval angle was introduced I damn near squeed. Christine de Pisan and The Book of the City of Women! Which probably means nothing to anyone who wasn't a Medieval Studies major, but which got my mind racing to all sorts of wonderful places this new arc could take the story. Yay for Michonne opening that path.

I like the new spin given to the Saviors with Simon getting ready to take over, and I love that Jadis not only captured Negan but knocked him the hell out. Finally someone put some hurtin' on the guy. It sure as hell wasn't Rick - who with a freakin' machine gun and Negan trapped in an overturned vehicle could not even nick the guy. I cut this show a lot of slack, but seriously - he has to be trying to miss to be that bad a shot.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Madison is annoying. Alicia is OK. Nick is an idiot. Strand & Daniel are my 2 favourite characters.

I weirdly enjoy Nick because he's so weird. And I will forever laugh at the weird chemistry between Madison and Nick...it's....well...doesn't seem mother/son to me.   So Morgan going off to the FTWD makes me really sad TBH.

• Love 2
Just now, peach said:

They might be out of tiny bandaids.

You remembered! I'm touched.:)

So where is Rick at the end? In the back seat of the car Jadis is driving while holding a gun to Negan's head with the other? Running around aimlessly amidst all the Saviors? But I guess he could sneak by while Simon was giving his speech and showing off the big words he knows.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MichaelaRae said:

On Talking Dead, they just said that the lighter Rick used to light up Lucille was Glenn's. That gave me a feel.

If he had then used Flaming Lucille to beat Negan's head in, it would be the best feel ever.

• Love 21
Just now, peach said:

If he had then used Flaming Lucille to beat Negan's head in, it would be the best feel ever.

Even when he manages to hold the right end of the bat, he can do no damage to Negan, not even a "flesh wound."

• Love 8

When will the Negan speeches end?!?! If you took out those endless speeches, this season might actually be halfway decent. 

I liked the scene between Darryl and Rick. It was nice just seeing some of the original main characters just talking about their stuff, and not just speachify. I've missed their friendship, they haven't had much time together lately. Too much time has to be spent on Saviors ramblings I guess. 

I kind of like the new people and their middle school Librarian leader, but, much like Maggie and company, I have trust issues. lately, every time something seemingly interesting happens on this show, it falls apart. 

I never want to hear about your naked nuts ever again Simon. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, peach said:

we get hit over the head (see what I did there?) with the message that men destroy and women create and rebuild,

This is really annoying if they're going to suddenly throw this in as a theme, since it pretty much goes against 8 years of many different men type people trying to build communities.  People like...what's his name again?  Glenn?

I don't believe the new leader-type character being female necessarily has to represent a women build/men destroy "theme."  As you noted, there have been characters with various agendas, motives and visions, of both genders.

• Love 9

I noticed that Jerry was taking orders from Maggie (ugh!).  Where's Ezekiel?  I forgot about him.

I'm sick of new characters, so I don't like the new women.  Also, yet again, we have the two henchwomen talking like idiots, like the Garbage people.  It's stupid and annoying. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, maystone said:

Yes! I want to go live with Georgie and Hilde and Midge. Knowledge is the key. I perked right up when the three of them popped out of the van (my little lesbian heart beating happily), and then when the medieval angle was introduced I damn near squeed. Christine de Pisan and The Book of the City of Women! Which probably means nothing to anyone who wasn't a Medieval Studies major, but which got my mind racing to all sorts of wonderful places this new arc could take the story. Yay for Michonne opening that path.

I like the new spin given to the Saviors with Simon getting ready to take over, and I love that Jadis not only captured Negan but knocked him the hell out. Finally someone put some hurtin' on the guy. It sure as hell wasn't Rick - who with a freakin' machine gun and Negan trapped in an overturned vehicle could not even nick the guy. I cut this show a lot of slack, but seriously - he has to be trying to miss to be that bad a shot.

I said outloud, "FINALLY! Someone civilized with a plan to rebuild". I always wanted to see the show take that on as a theme. But, sadly, I don't believe TPTB have the talent to address such a complex topic. There was a time that I did, but that is over. I like your enthusiasm though! And I will hope against hope that you are right about the possibilities for a new story arc.

And yes, I kind of enjoyed Simon and Dwight (and I almost enjoy Jadis, so who knows?). My husband was really annoyed with Rick's shooting. He was all, "COME ON! He was a sheriff. He has training. He has been in the ZA for years...and now he can't shoot??"

It is getting harder and harder for me to cut this show any slack.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, peach said:

Yeah, the sweetheart who risked his life over and over again, trying to make this world a better place. Like when he climbed down that well, trying to get a rope around a massive walker in their water supply (that scene still makes me feel sick, just thinking about it).

27 minutes ago, candall said:

I was the only live-chatter who liked Georgie.  "Pearl."  I thought it was a nice change of pace to pop out a new character in a crispy seersucker blazer with some understated pearl earrings and fashion choice glasses.  She clearly has access to shampoo.  I'm intrigued.

(It's weirdly dissonant to learn that Jayne prefers a "leather studded dog collar under purple faux motorcycle jacket" look in real life.)

I didn't pay much attention. I was typing in the thread. I hate the way these people just pop up after a few years. Where the hell were they before?? And how did Negan miss them? 

21 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I've never seen the comics, but probably. I think it's Kirkman's idea of how macho men talk.

Ah! I said "Tootsie" but Mrs. Doubtfire is exactly who I meant!

I think that's what I thought of originally, too. I couldn't place the look, although I do remember the actress from years ago. I think it was something in England, though. 

Aw, I'm finally watching Talking Dead, with Chandler. He said that Danai was in the worst shape, as they filmed his last episode. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, shanndee said:

My husband was really annoyed with Rick's shooting. He was all, "COME ON! He was a sheriff. He has training. He has been in the ZA for years...and now he can't shoot??"

What?  Just because he's been making perfect head shots on the run for 8 seasons doesn't mean he can hit the side of a barn NOW.  Not on this show.

3 minutes ago, shanndee said:

I said outloud, "FINALLY! Someone civilized with a plan to rebuild". I always wanted to see the show take that on as a theme. But, sadly, I don't believe TPTB have the talent to address such a complex topic. There was a time that I did, but that is over. I like your enthusiasm though! And I will hope against hope that you are right about the possibilities for a new story arc.

But they haven't been living in holes in the ground.  They were living in a perfect Pottery Barn community with solar power and clean water.  They only have one problem, and that's being enslaved by Negan. 

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, maystone said:

It sure as hell wasn't Rick - who with a freakin' machine gun and Negan trapped in an overturned vehicle could not even nick the guy.

Not even 100 rounds from a machine gun can penetrate plot armor.

• Love 21

I was hopeful about the plot potential when Dwight and Simon connected.  But then, the very first thing Simon did, when he assumed the throne, was start screaming his head off about how they were all Negan! and they needed to go exterminate all the same people Negan has been battling all season, blah blah blah.  Pfft.   Major fail, when they had created such a good opportunity to shuffle the Savior deck.

Edited by candall
computer crash glitch
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, shanndee said:

My husband was really annoyed with Rick's shooting. He was all, "COME ON! He was a sheriff. He has training. He has been in the ZA for years...and now he can't shoot??"

For you.  lol

• Love 9

Negan is so disgusting. I mean he loves Lucille. Why does he like her having walker guts on her? He's such a dumb character. JDM is a good actor in terrible part that is badly written. 

• Love 6