Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: The Key

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

After Rick slammed into Negan's car and Negan was lying among the wreckage, it appeared that Negan (who was covered in blood) had the bat lying on or next to him and likely had a lot of the walker guts from the bucket on him. It's possible he can't tell whether or not he has been scratched by the bad or debris from the wreck.  

However, given that he and his people have been eating tainted meat from the Kingdom, maybe he has developed plot immunity, assuming the writers even remember that detail. 

• Love 9

I finally watched this since it featured main characters, and Rick being a madman, even if it was ineffectually.  I guess his brain damage that I made up has affected his depth perception.  Or his blood sugar was low or something.  Oh, and Andy, you are definitely an Englishman wielding that bat.  lol

The van woman is ridiculous.   Her henchwomen are more awkward and dumb than Tara.  Her "knowledge" exists in books.  Alexandria had books, engineering books even.  The libraries are just sitting there full of books.   But, I mean, she seems nice, I guess.   I hope Maggie gets right on building an aqueduct and doesn't let her down.

Simon is an even bigger scenery chewer than Negan.  I kind of like Dwight, just because he seems like an actual person.  I don't know why he didn't just kill Negan himself, though.

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Where's Ezekiel?  I forgot about him.

I'm sick of new characters, so I don't like the new women.  Also, yet again, we have the two henchwomen talking like idiots, like the Garbage people.  It's stupid and annoying. 

Good question!

Edited by peach
  • Love 8

Best episode of the season!  Why, you ask?  Because I literally just watch a show where a grown-ass man was screaming, panicking, and, I swear, close to crying because his baseball bat got lit on fire.  And he's suppose to be the scariest bad guy on the planet or some shit.  Oh, Negan!  If you weren't such a boring dolt, I'd might actually find your twisted relationship with that damn bat sweet.

But, anyway, despite Rick getting the drop on him and even flipping his car over, Negan still escapes because now Rick suddenly can't shoot for shit.  You had one job, Rick!  You blew it!  But now Negan's been taken by Jadis of all people.  Man, between his overlong bellowing and her slow-ass style of speaking, their scenes alone are going to take up to two hours each episode.  At least they'll certainly feel like it...

Meanwhile, over at Hilltop, Maggie, Michonne, and the gang meet a bunch of new people (again), who really love vinyl records, barter with "knowledge", and lead by a folksy lady played by Jayne Atkinson a.k.a. Catherine Durant from House of Cards.  Totally don't blame them for not automatically trusting them, but of course they had to take it to the extreme by kidnapping them (more or less), and even considering stealing their shit, until Michonne talks them down, because she's apparently the only person on this show who isn't an impulsive idiot.

With Negan gone, it's now Simon's time to swing his dick around, and his grand plan is to basically keep doing the same thing, only finish off everyone for good.  I doubt it will work, but at least he seems to realize that it is hopeless trying to get Rick, Maggie, and the reset to do their bidding.  Of course, with him relying so much on the shifty Dwight and Negan now knowing he went against him, I really don't see Simon lasting for much longer.

In the past, I use to roll my eyes over AMC using this show to try and rub some of its shine on its new shows, but I'm now I'm at the point where the trailers for The Terror are becoming the highlights.  Hell, even the spots for Fear the Walking Dead were kind of fun since they had Garrett Dillahunt in a cowboy hat and Morgan.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Best episode of the season!  Why, you ask?  Because I literally just watch a show where a grown-ass man was screaming, panicking, and, I swear, close to crying because his baseball bat got lit on fire.  And he's suppose to be the scariest bad guy on the planet or some shit. 

LOL.  I was frustrated that they didn't let Rick at least chop off the end of his pinky or something.  Before he fell several stories without even twisting his ankle.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, candall said:

I was hopeful about the plot potential when Dwight and Simon connected.  But then, the very first thing Simon did, when he assumed the throne, was start screaming his head off about how they were all Negan! and they needed to go exterminate all the same people Negan has been battling all season, blah blah blah.  Pfft.   Major fail, when they had created such a good opportunity to shuffle the Savior deck.

It's tedious, but real.  For too many times over the past couple of seasons our gang has said that all they need to do is get rid of Negan. Well things don't always disappear after the head is gone. 

Actually it's smart for Simon to keep the Negan thing going for a bit, because he can't assure his success over the rest of the Saviors if he makes an 180 degree turn two seconds after Negan is missing.  He also truly wants to get rid of Hill top, so he might as well use the current momentum.  Anyway, we KNOW payback is coming from Negan.  Strange how they've made me root for a Negan appearance for once.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, peach said:

LOL.  I was frustrated that they didn't let Rick at least chop off the end of his pinky or something.  Before he fell several stories without even twisting his ankle.

Didn't Negan more than once threaten to chop of Rick's hands? Or Carl's hands?  Or all of their hands?  I thought there would be some poetic justice with Rick and the axe, but - alas - it wasn't to be.

Does anyone know how many more centuries JDM is contracted with this show before we can move on?  I'm a patient person, but - damn!

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Didn't Negan more than once threaten to chop of Rick's hands? Or Carl's hands?  Or all of their hands?  I thought there would be some poetic justice with Rick and the axe, but - alas - it wasn't to be.

Does anyone know how many more centuries JDM is contracted with this show before we can move on?  I'm a patient person, but - damn!

Right?  I'm not even asking for his death.  Just a single digit chopped off.  Throw us a bone, show.  I guess we did get to see him cry over his bat.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

I dunno.  Saw something the other day that JDM is trying to get the part of Batman/Thomas Wayne in the Flashpoint movie.  Just when you think Negan's bad enough in The Walking Dead, somebody finds a way to get Negan shit all over the Batman legend too. 

• Love 4

I dozed on and off during this episode to be able to get through it. Fell asleep sometime after Rick was ramming Negan (....with his car) and then briefly woke up to see a dark screen then realized the show was still on and Rick/Negan were still talking somewhere in the dark, then snoozed off again and woke up to see Mrs. Doubtfire talking about records and then fell asleep. 

I think that's how I'll just make it through the remaining episodes. Fall asleep while watching them.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, millennium said:

I dunno.  Saw something the other day that JDM is trying to get the part of Batman/Thomas Wayne in the Flashpoint movie.  Just when you think Negan's bad enough in The Walking Dead, somebody finds a way to get Negan shit all over the Batman legend too. 

Wasn't he Thomas Wayne before he was Negan?  He was decent in B v S .

• Love 2
5 hours ago, oakville said:

(Link deleted because I so love to hate that fucking song)

I was thinking of this song while watching the episode. It makes no sense for Negan to be so attached to a baseball bat. Last week we had swampy walkers. This week it's flaming walkers. Next week ?

Haven’t you seen GoT???  Ice walkers, for sure.  ;)

5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Well, they saved some money by just recording the audio and showing us a black screen for most of Rick & Negan's interminable confrontation.

I’ve seen a couple of people voice similar sentiments; all I can say, though, is maybe y’all might want to double-check your picture settings...?  I wasn’t having any problems seeing what was going on even in the cellar scenes, and my eyes are so bad I’ve exempted them on my organ donor card.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GreyBunny said:

Rick shoots as badly as a stormtrooper

LOL - when Rick was running down the cellar corridor shooting the walls around Negan, the thought which leapt to mind was a line of Imperial stormtroopers guffawing and shaking their heads....  :D

• Love 7
8 hours ago, candall said:

I was the only live-chatter who liked Georgie.  "Pearl."  I thought it was a nice change of pace to pop out a new character in a crispy seersucker blazer with some understated pearl earrings and fashion choice glasses.  She clearly has access to shampoo.  I'm intrigued.

That's who she is: Pearl Forrester! She's going to capture them and force them to watch bad movies. "Bad movies? You're soaking in one." Looks like the same van she had, with a new paint job. Now, where are Professor Bobo and the Observer?

Edited by Gobi
Content
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, peach said:

This is really annoying if they're going to suddenly throw this in as a theme, since it pretty much goes against 8 years of many different men type people trying to build communities.  People like...what's his name again?  Glenn?

Zeke was building the Kingdom. The Governor had a functioning town. Alexandria had male & female leadership. Hilltop was building something.CDB destroyed everything.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Best episode of the season!  Why, you ask?  Because I literally just watch a show where a grown-ass man was screaming, panicking, and, I swear, close to crying because his baseball bat got lit on fire.  And he's suppose to be the scariest bad guy on the planet or some shit.  Oh, Negan!  If you weren't such a boring dolt, I'd might actually find your twisted relationship with that damn bat sweet.

But, anyway, despite Rick getting the drop on him and even flipping his car over, Negan still escapes because now Rick suddenly can't shoot for shit.  You had one job, Rick!  You blew it!  But now Negan's been taken by Jadis of all people.  Man, between his overlong bellowing and her slow-ass style of speaking, their scenes alone are going to take up to two hours each episode.  At least they'll certainly feel like it...

Meanwhile, over at Hilltop, Maggie, Michonne, and the gang meet a bunch of new people (again), who really love vinyl records, barter with "knowledge", and lead by a folksy lady played by Jayne Atkinson a.k.a. Catherine Durant from House of Cards.  Totally don't blame them for not automatically trusting them, but of course they had to take it to the extreme by kidnapping them (more or less), and even considering stealing their shit, until Michonne talks them down, because she's apparently the only person on this show who isn't an impulsive idiot.

With Negan gone, it's now Simon's time to swing his dick around, and his grand plan is to basically keep doing the same thing, only finish off everyone for good.  I doubt it will work, but at least he seems to realize that it is hopeless trying to get Rick, Maggie, and the reset to do their bidding.  Of course, with him relying so much on the shifty Dwight and Negan now knowing he went against him, I really don't see Simon lasting for much longer.

In the past, I use to roll my eyes over AMC using this show to try and rub some of its shine on its new shows, but I'm now I'm at the point where the trailers for The Terror are becoming the highlights.  Hell, even the spots for Fear the Walking Dead were kind of fun since they had Garrett Dillahunt in a cowboy hat and Morgan.

I am looking forward to the Terror & Fear the the Walking Dead.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, peach said:

I guess I don't really get the "rebuilding the world" thing. The world is still there.  There's not really a lack of buildings and objects.  And gasoline and ammo.

And all the books about everything ever.

The show would be better off if it had focused on world building. There are books everywhere & safe places to rebuild. The show goes out of its way to have the characters make stupid decisions.

How is it possible that Negan survives a car crash & falling through a floor & fighting with flaming zombies yet survives.

Rick can't fire a machine gun properly.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Yemayah said:

After Rick slammed into Negan's car and Negan was lying among the wreckage, it appeared that Negan (who was covered in blood) had the bat lying on or next to him and likely had a lot of the walker guts from the bucket on him. It's possible he can't tell whether or not he has been scratched by the bad or debris from the wreck.  

However, given that he and his people have been eating tainted meat from the Kingdom, maybe he has developed plot immunity, assuming the writers even remember that detail. 

I thought Rick had connected when he swung at Negan.  So Negan should be infected and Carl’d.  But I’m sure that didn’t happen because we have to listen to this dickhead bloviate at least until the end of the series, I’m assuming.

the good news is that there are more weirdos, and Simon is sick of being Stonewall Jackson and is staging a coup.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, candall said:

I was hopeful about the plot potential when Dwight and Simon connected.  But then, the very first thing Simon did, when he assumed the throne, was start screaming his head off about how they were all Negan! and they needed to go exterminate all the same people Negan has been battling all season, blah blah blah.  Pfft.   Major fail, when they had created such a good opportunity to shuffle the Savior deck.

5 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Actually it's smart for Simon to keep the Negan thing going for a bit, because he can't assure his success over the rest of the Saviors if he makes an 180 degree turn two seconds after Negan is missing.  He also truly wants to get rid of Hill top, so he might as well use the current momentum.  Anyway, we KNOW payback is coming from Negan.  Strange how they've made me root for a Negan appearance for once.

I thought it was smart of Simon to keep the "we are all Negan" head game going, too. There's still a lot of loyalty or brainwashing in effect within the military arm of the Saviors, and if Simon suddenly tried to wrest control he'd come up against at least some resistance. This way he eases the group into accepting his leadership. Until Negan appears again, away.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, oakville said:

The show would be better off if it had focused on world building. There are books everywhere & safe places to rebuild. The show goes out of its way to have the characters make stupid decisions.

I agree.  Just to clarify, I wish they WOULD focus on "world building" the world of TWD.  But this kook who looks like a real estate agent walking up and acting like she alone carries the secrets of the Templars in her head, bestowing them on the righteous is just plain stupid.  I mean, they could read Little House On The Prairie and get practical survival information.   My own dad grew up without running water.  Like everything else they're doing this season, these ideas negate or ignore everything that's already happened on this show.

Also, what kind of surveillance has she done to think Hilltop is anything special or that this is a good time for a chat?  Has she not noted they're in the middle of serious armed conflict with a bigger, violent group?  Or the POW camp in the front yard?  lol 

I feel like the people making this show are a combination of theater geeks and horror enthusiasts.  And this is the play they're putting on in the back yard.

Edited by peach
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, candall said:

Simon knew what he was doing.  That plot is one of the only things I'm interested in right now.  Simon is stuck with a bunch of brainwashed followers, he can't say "I'm in charge now follow me" and expect them to do it especially without a confirmation of Neegan's death.  So he plays on what they know.  But Dwight definitely realizes it's out of the frying pan into the fire time because Neegan may be a pain in the ass dictator but Simon is a straight out psychopath with a scorched earth policy and, worse, he enjoy's it.  Seeing the moment Neegan realized Simon crossed him was the one fun spot in the episode and I'm hopeful for the payoff of Neegan confronting Simon about it.  

8 hours ago, Yemayah said:

What I can't figure is why Neegan wasn't covered in blood from then on?  It should have been on his face, hair, hands.  When he was in the car with Jadis he was practically clean.  

3 hours ago, Gobi said:

That's who she is: Pearl Forrester! She's going to capture them and force them to watch bad movies. "Bad movies? You're soaking in one." Looks like the same van she had, with a new paint job. Now, where are Professor Bobo and the Observer?

OK now I have that song stuck in my head!!

------------------

Not the best episode but not the worst of the recents.  Have to admit the flaming zombies were good although in true Walking Dead fashion that fire will magically put itself out in the basement of the building and we'll never hear about it again even though in real life it should spread so the entire block or half the city would be destroyed (or it would even continue and become a full on forest fire).  

I want to know where these people get their clothes when it's not just clothes but a uniform.  How does Georgie even get those clean business suits?  And how did her minions end up in nearly matching outfits with Blue's Brothers sunglasses?  Who has the time and resources in an apocalypse to decide even by accident that their crew is going to wear similar clothes and accessories?  You'd think they'd be more concerned with insignificant things like food and shelter then matching baseball caps.

This is infringing into board on board territory which would just about get you banned at the now defunct TWOP but I think it's relevant.   It's sort of telling to me that the day after the show airs there are only two pages of comments (so far), that's a sad reduction in interest on talking about and dissecting episodes when we used to nearly obsess over every little detail and easter egg.

Edited by sigmaforce86
or and on are not the same word!
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, millennium said:

Oh yeah i forgot it's already been soiled.  

Ohhhh....I thought you were saying that Thomas Wayne would be tarnished by the character of Negan having been played by JDM. But now it sounds more like you don't care for JDM, the actor in general. I gotcha.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

I thought Rick had connected when he swung at Negan.  So Negan should be infected and Carl’d.  But I’m sure that didn’t happen because we have to listen to this dickhead bloviate at least until the end of the series, I’m assumin

This is what I thought as well.

I will never be able to disassociate Steven Ogg from Simon.  He can play Henry V and I will think "Simon".  Bill Gates and I will think "Simon".  Mother Theresa and I will think "Simon".

For an actor, being so good at playing a sleazy bunghole comes with a price.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, spiderpig said:

JDM is likely in for a long haul. I think show has been trying to make fans okay with that. It hasn't been working and JDM is their boy. I think show is now mega pissed us viewers didn't fall in love with their boy. I feel like show, now, is all about giving us viewers a giant middle finger. This episode was everything we viewers bitch about....

1) cars zipping around when gas should be long gone at this point

2) Rick shooting all over the place but not hitting anything

3) Negan NOT dying

4) more assholes bloviating (Simon)

5) new characters added to an already bloated cast

6) new character are kwirky and talk funny (also their names...what, is there no Nancys or Jennifers in the ZA? Only those with kwirky names survive...Enid, Negan....)

what else? 

Oh, and TTD having to explain that Rick lit bat on fire with Glen's lighter....uggghhhhh.

And Negan's love for his Louisville Slugger is that it's named after his wife who he feels he abandoned and has guilt so he feels like he must keep the bat safe as if he's keeping his wife safe or some crap like that. I bet next episode is the backstory on all that...more filler. Blech. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

That's who she is: Pearl Forrester! She's going to capture them and force them to watch bad movies. "Bad movies? You're soaking in one."

Well, she certainly knows how to keep her whites really white. That blouse was blinding.

So how many more times are we going to see Rick nearly kill Negan (while not harming a hair on his head) and Negan nearly killing Rick and both discussing it along the way? Is this supposed to be suspenseful, when we know full well and in advance that no matter what Tom&Jerry antics they get up to, neither will be killed or even harmed? What kind of bullshit is this? If Rick wanted to kill Negan he could have done so way back when Negan was out on that balcony thing, bragging about the size of his unit, and Rick and a dozen others could have shot him 20 times over and then in the house, etc.

As they ran around that basement, I never once thought, "OMG, is someone going to get killed?" No, I thought, "Will one of you just hurry and run away so we can move on?" It really is like a old-time cartoon - with all the battering, falling, shooting and beating, no one ever gets hurt.

Where is the person who wrote the scenes where Rick was hiding in terror under the bed while the Claimers roamed around and then when he desperately killed the one in the bathroom? Of course I knew Rick wouldn't die, but those scenes actually had me on the edge of my seat. Yeah, Rick killed that guy with his bare hands, but can't even wing Negan with a machine gun, a pistol, a knife and an axe. LOL!

And it's pretty sad, but I still actually find Negan more tolerable than I do Snidely Whiplash, I mean Simon, who is the biggest ham/scene chewer ever. "Redact?" Great word to use in what is supposed to be a rousing speech, particularly since I doubt any of the followers even know what it means. Too bad Churchill never thought of that: "We shall redact them on the beaches, we shall redact them on the fields and the streets... "

• Love 14

I wondered, where did Jadis get the car, the gun, her flannel (?) shirt? That made me wonder -were those items hidden in the trash heaps, along with the applesauce? That made me wonder what else could be hidden there.

While such a suddenly revealed "treasure trove" of stuff would be a cheap plot trick, it wouldn't be the first or the worst for this show.

Edited by MDL
left out half a sentence
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

I will never be able to disassociate Steven Ogg from Simon.  He can play Henry V and I will think "Simon".  Bill Gates and I will think "Simon".  Mother Theresa and I will think "Simon".

For an actor, being so good at playing a sleazy bunghole comes with a price.

This. I stood next to him in line at WSC, and I nearly wet myself in fear.  He will be Simon his whole life, and I don't want to be in the same room with him.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, shanndee said:

So. We watched Rick and Negan play Wile E. Coyote vs. the Roadrunner,  we get hit over the head (see what I did there?) with the message that men destroy and women create and rebuild, and get a final scene with Negan and the Garbage Pail Kid queen.

Why did I watch this again?

Seriously, this show is being written by a High School English class.  Jadis barefoot in white.  All the women rebuilding while the men talk about their dicks.  Le sigh ...

One thing I'm noticing about this show is that the performances are starting to suck.  Norman Reedus and Lauren Cohen just look bored.  Even Melissa McBride, who I'd argue is the best this show has to offer, seems to be phoning it in.  It's like they all know it's not any good and are wondering how much longer they have to do this.

• Love 11

I tuned in but was only able to watch a little bit; it was just too fucking stupid.

The timeline in this show is very confusing.  During the scene between Negan and Rick I wasn't sure WHEN it was happening.  I seem to remember that Carl died a day or two before but it looks like Rick's forgotten because, apart from hints during the throwback conversation with Daryl, it looks like Rick's forgotten that his beloved son just blew his brains out. 

Am I supposed to agree with Negan?  Is that the sign of the apocalypse or just mental illness?  Because I agreed with EVERY FUCKING WORD HE SAID ABOUT RICK GRIMES.  Everything that Negan said about what a crap leader Rick was and how he's failed his son and the people he 'leads' was absolute gospel.   Watching a show that I've come to hate might be a sign of mental illness.  I also think I heard Lucille laughing at Rick when he was swinging 'her' around.  I think I heard her whisper 'you're going to need bigger balls than that',when he tried to destroy Lucille but that might have been me.

It looks like Michonne remembers that Carl died, but it could be that she's joined me in mourning her tragic taste in men.  Actually taking the time to argue with ENID is proof that Michonne is really suffering.  I think she was relieved to run into the refugees from Lillith Fair only because they don't seem like complete assholes.  YET.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 6

well that was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong and snoozy episode.
pardon me....(yawn)....oh a fight tween Negan and Rick, how can we drag this out and manage to make it boring to boot, even with a bat on fire....OH, thinks Gimple, I know....monologue a LOT. I'm sorry, I've been in a few fights and apart from the odd name calling just to get under the other's guys skin, you don't monologue. That's movie/tv shit. Most of the time you're too out of breath to even talk, if you're fighting your best. Oh and somebody help me out here...Rick unloads into Negan's car. Is he a good enough shot to NOT hit the gas tank??? And that bucket of blood, the car gets flip and that tainted blood/guts, NONE of that infects Negan??? he is one seriously lucky SOB.

NOoooooooooooooooooooo Jadis is back....ARG thought we'd finally gotten rid of her. Simon is becoming more like Negan except angry Simon to me is like an angry muppet - he spouts off but you're not scared of him at all. I can't see the saviors following HIM as a leader.

Enid, Maggie, Michonne - cue dueling pithy lines about surviving and steps and the wise teen thoughts of dead Carl. 

New lady that reminds me of Glenn Close - GREAT, more new characters. You writers are not doing anything good with the existing ones, let's add more confusion and dilute the time we could have doing good character development. (And I love my music, but seriously food for records? Unless they have a huge food surplus, this is a big ol stretch. Somebody find a piano or guitar and tune it - make your OWN stupid music and save your food.)

Now for me the game has become "how can the next episode get even more stupid than the last one?"

Edited by Colorado David
addl tots
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

OH, thinks Gimple, I know....monologue a LOT.

He doesn't look like someone overly familiar with the effects of extreme physical exertion.

11 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

angry Simon to me is like an angry muppet

Perfect!

muppets-animal.jpg

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

He doesn't look like someone overly familiar with the effects of extreme physical exertion.

Perfect!

muppets-animal.jpg

LMAO. It looks just like him! 

I also like the sound of Angry Muppet as a username. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

Enid, Maggie, Michonne - cue dueling pithy lines about surviving and steps and the wise teen thoughts of dead Carl. 

Yes!!!!  I've always held my parents in contempt for not following my thoughts and plans that I had as a teenager.   How dare they not make new life plans based on what a fifteen year old immature me thought.   

Random thoughts follow.

Between the car wreck and the whack on the back from Lucille, and yes I went back and watched again as Rick connected with the back of Negan, the Fonzi leather jacket is still pristine with nary a scratch or scuff.    

Am I the only one who was yelling at Michonne to shoot Maggie there at the end when they were having their discussion????

Dwight is strangely now the character that I am most invested in.   Whoever said that there is now no character development or interaction is absolutely correct.   I don't care about anyone anymore.

soooooooooo........apparently no one in the zombie apocalypse has thought to pick up a BOOK to get instructions for BUILDING THINGS???!!!!!    So everyone has been waiting for this white preppy lady to show up with a set of sunglass wearing twins (I learned that they were twins on Talking Dead tonight) to give them the KEYS TO THE FUTURE.    Let's just ignore the fact that all of the plans for building useful things is already contained in books.   Are people now too stupid to look this stuff up??????

Edited by EllipticalAddicted
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, sarthaz said:

I know why Jesus wasn't in this episode.  Carl is the new Jesus.

This. For all the adults running around, ONLY Carl and maybe the King seem to exhibit "wisdom" (cough). 

Is this new lady going to be a retread of the lady who ran Alexandria?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

Seriously. Carl is being lionized at this point. I mean yes he was a decent kid who also did a lot of dumb things, was pretty crazy for a little while, ran off whenever people told him to not do that, which is kind of why he got bit because he went to help someone who may or may not have been trustworthy.  

Carl wanted to murder Negan glady,, and now...suddenly because of the show wishing to kill off Carl, there is some narrative restructuring,  Carl envisions Negan greeting Judith? Give me a fucking break.

That's the part of all this that I'm finding a bit irritating. I fully understand idealizing a recently deceased loved one. I just wish the show wasn't basically overlooking Carl's imperfect humanity on the way to justifying his death by making him the new Guiding Light.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Yes!!!!  I've always held my parents in contempt for not following my thoughts and plans that I had as a teenager.   How dare they not make new life plans based on what a fifteen year old immature me thought.   

soooooooooo........apparently no one in the zombie apocalypse has thought to pick up a BOOK to get instructions for BUILDING THINGS???!!!!!    So everyone has been waiting for this white preppy lady to show up with a set of sunglass wearing twins (I learned that they were twins on Talking Dead tonight) to give them the KEYS TO THE FUTURE.    Let's just ignore the fact that all of the plans for building useful things is already contained in books.   Are people now too stupid to look this stuff up??????

Hahaha there ya go. 15 year old Gimple trying to show us what life is all about - because you know, much more life experience than any adults running around. Adults are simpletons (well point there, on this show, we have caricatures of adults, NOT so much real adults.)

Great point on the books. Nary a bookstore around, only pharmacies, gas stations, probably convenience stores. Farms. No books in the south exist.

And those twins, I flashed on the second Matrix with the albino twins when I saw that pair with their sunglasses.

matrixtwins.jpg

Edited by Colorado David
  • Love 4

The following is what flashed through my bored mind while watching this crap. Apparently Rosita is Michonne's sidekick and Enid is Maggie's. Can someone tell me why Michonne is the only one who doesn't carry a gun and when she does, she never uses it? Why is she always wearing tights instead of jeans or khakis like everyone else? Why was Rosita wearing a sleeveless top yet everyone else was wearing long sleeves and/or jackets? Was Shane mute as a kid like Judith? Is that how Rick knows that Shane is her father? How long does it take for wood to burn? Lucille was ablaze for an awfully long time, yet is still intact.

• Love 11

Is Jadis bringing Negan to Rick?

How has librarian lady stayed out of Negan's radar? (everyone always knows about CBD and they never know of any of these new people) And why don't people ever bring that up when encountering new people. "Hi, I'd like to trade you records and books for knowledge but I'm not Negan, I'm not gonna kill 1 of you to teach you lessons" "oh, great, I'm so glad you're familiar with him because he's really a terrible neighbor and I'd really like to make pickles for Midge".

• Love 12
2 hours ago, A-Lo said:

You know what I miss about this show?  I miss caring about people.  There's hardly ever any new character development or relationship development anymore.  Watching last night's episode was like watching a video game.  We know who the bad guys are and who the good guys are.  But who really cares anymore?

Echo echo.  Throughout the course of the entire series the two characters in which I was most heavily invested were Glenn and Carl - and while my like of Glenn was pretty much automatic, the same sure as hell couldn’t be said of Carl.  I hated his snotnose petulant damned-if-I’ll-stay-in-the-house-Mom attitude for the first few seasons.  Carl didn’t turn the corner for me until “After” (the pudding episode), when Carl learned even he had limits and lost his childish sense of Superman indestructibility.  And both (especially Carl) were killed off for ratings schtick.

11 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

Well... three days in the TWD universe could easily span 3-4 years IRL - so it’s entirely possible Carl could be resurrected after Chandler Riggs graduates college....

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

Oh, and TTD having to explain that Rick lit bat on fire with Glen's lighter....uggghhhhh.

So everyone has been waiting for this white preppy lady to show up with a set of sunglass wearing twins (I learned that they were twins on Talking Dead tonight) to give them the KEYS TO THE FUTURE.  

It infuriates me to feel like one must watch the talk show to understand the real show's "subtleties." Just no. Hello, writers, that's still a problem. (Infuriates being the wrong word, as I don't actually care that much now.)

I agree with others that Dwight is one of the only ones I find real/somewhat interesting right now. Maybe he has just speechified less than most? And his character isn't all over the place in general consistency like some I could mention.  

If Lauren Cohen does leave the show for a better opportunity, can we do some kind of Dallas-style switch and get Glenn back? Come on, you all know that's no dumber plotting than we've been treated to lately. Maybe he has been alive in the garbage pile all along.

Edited by EllenC
  • Love 6

Also...

Not to knock on Strauss* excessively, but wasn’t the entire purpose behind Gregory’s selection of Hilltop for colonization because it had been a “living museum” already geared to function in a colonial, pre-electrical manner?  

In which case, aren’t the Hilltoppers already doing a good chunk of the gee-whiz stuff Strauss has recorded in her precious “How To Run A Proper Renfest” manuscript draft?

* For me, Hey There Georgie Girl will always be Erin Strauss, the alcoholic supervisor in Criminal Minds who kept trying to dismantle the BAU.

Edited by Nashville
Linky
  • Love 5