Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: The Key

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know! I'd be asking where they came from, where do they live, how they've managed to keep their clothes so pressed and why do they have some OCD thing going on about old records to the point they'd give up a shitload of food for them. But no, Maggie the Leader just stands there smiling wearily yet sweetly like a frickin' dumbbell and asks nothing at all. I'd love to have seen which "phonograph" records they got.

I would have taken the book, shot creepy-ass Mrs. Doubtfire and the two henchwomen, and taken their food.   I don't have time for bullshit in the ZA.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

They don't feel like just raw untreated wood.

I know they're made of ash - a very hard wood - and know that I often have trouble trying to set my split, very dry firewood alight. There are some YTers who try out the feats we see on this show (can you really split a head in half with a stop sign, etc) Maybe one of them will try getting a bat to flare up like a kerosene-soaked torch as well.

Wow, this ep must have been really gripping and exciting if a flaming baseball bat is what I recall most clearly about it.

12 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I would have taken the book, shot creepy-ass Mrs. Doubtfire and the two henchwomen, and taken their food. 

Maybe they gave them records like Burl Ives singing "Holly Jolly Christmas."  A punishment worse than death.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe they gave them records like Burl Ives singing "Holly Jolly Christmas."  A punishment worse than death.

Awww now, I like that song. ; )

• Love 3
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The baby that is at the Hilltop is the one that was brought back from the Saviors.   That was when Rick and Daryl were off on their own several episodes ago fighting.  They couldn't leave the baby there  at the Savior location with no one alive to take care of him/her.

The time when Darryl just up and shot Morales before he could finish his speech. And yet ... 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Colorado David said:

I wondered about the baseball bat, even if Rick soaked it in whatever would it still stay lit so long. Aren't they coated ? They don't feel like just raw untreated wood.

That’s because they’re not.  :)  Most regulation baseball bats are manufactured from ash, maple or hickory (ash being the favorite by far; hickory tends to be the heaviest of the three, while maple bats tend to shatter more frequently).  One to three layers of topcoat seal (lacquer or polyurethane) are common practice on all, though, to prevent moisture absorption with resulting weight variation, staining, and/or decay.

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

There are some YTers who try out the feats we see on this show (can you really split a head in half with a stop sign, etc) Maybe one of them will try getting a bat to flare up like a kerosene-soaked torch as well.

Only if you soak them in kerosene - and even then, only until the kerosene burns off. :)  

All the previously mentioned wood varieties are on the extreme end of the scale of American hardwoods; VERY hard, and VERY dense-grained.  Which means they’re extremely resistant to absorption (including kerosene), and very slow to catch fire and burn.  The sealant coat doesn’t help much for kerosene absorption, either, although it could help with maintaining the initial flame; it might burn off, but it would do so long before the wood itself began to catch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I fast forwarded every scene of Negan going on and on and on.  I actually got very excited in the Rick vs. Negan part as I wondered, maybe, just maybe, will they kill Negan to end the downward spiral of ratings and the loss of viewers.  I almost held my breath and then...nothing.  I couldn't believe how much I was hoping that Rick would FINALLY kill Negan and end my pain. 

I know, that's the only thing that keeps me going. I know it wasn't realistic but I was hoping against hope this might finally be the end of Negan - or at the very least, the end of Rick Vs. Negan.

Look, I get that the show must think they struck gold with Jeffrey Dean Morgan but this storyline should have ended last season. The last time a single story dragged on for this long was back in Season 2 when everyone was holed up at the farm searching for Sofia - and that only lasted 13 episodes. This shit with the Saviors has been going on now for 29 freaking episodes - and that's only counting from the first appearance of Negan in S6E16. If you back it up to when people started mentioning him it's gone on even longer.

Now, who in the hell thinks it's a good idea to drag out a single plot for over two seasons? We're sick of it, can't the show see that from the ratings? What's wrong with them?

Y'all know Shane would have taken out Negan by now.

Rick would have taken him out by now if the show weren't being written and run by morons.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 13

Cracked me up when Maggie was on the walkie-talkie with Simon and when asked who it was stated "Maggie (Glenn's last name which I apologize for not remembering), the WIDOW."  Who uses a nickname like that when identifying themselves?  It's like she thinks pretty highly of herself as a leader.  I think only Ezekial has a nickname otherwise everyone just uses their own names.  

Maybe Jadis will take Negan back to the garbage dump and have his pose naked for her artwork...

Oh, and instead of building aquaducts, how about just moving to where the water sources are located.

• Love 3

The Sunday Cable ratings are in for "The Key":

“The Walking Dead” halted its ratings slide Sunday, although it’s still at a place it hasn’t been since early in the show’s run.

Sunday’s episode drew a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49, even with the previous week. It rose a little in total viewers — 6.66 million vs. 6.6 million a week earlier.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-march-18-2018/

And here are the Live + Same Day ratings for Season 8, so far:

10-22-17 “Mercy” 11.439 million
10-29-17 “The Damned” 8.923 million
11-05-17 “Monsters” 8.519 million
11-12-17 “Some Guy” 8.688 million
11-19-17 “The Big Scary U” 7.845 million
11-26-17 “The King, The Widow, & Rick” 8.282 million
12-03-17 “Time For After” 7.468 million
12-10-17 “How It’s Gotta Be” 7.885 million

02-25-18 “Honor”  8.282 million
03-04-18 “The Lost or the Plunderers” 6.820 million
03-11-18 “Dead or Alive Or” 6.604 million
03-18-18 “The Key” 6.663 million

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Cracked me up when Maggie was on the walkie-talkie with Simon and when asked who it was stated "Maggie (Glenn's last name which I apologize for not remembering), the WIDOW."  Who uses a nickname like that when identifying themselves?  It's like she thinks pretty highly of herself as a leader.  I think only Ezekial has a nickname otherwise everyone just uses their own names.  

IMHO Maggie’s use of the “Widow” label was more about throwing it back in the Saviors’ faces, than her personally adopting the title. YMMV.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Maggie’s use of the “Widow” label was more about throwing it back in the Saviors’ faces, than her personally adopting the title

When did Maggie hear the Saviors calling her "The Widow"? I can't remember, but I never remember most of what I see in this trainwreck.

I do recall Negan calling her that, because it was one of the only semi-amusing things he's ever said (other than his eulogy for Fat Joey), "The widow's alive - guns blazing!" but she couldn't have heard it.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
On 3/19/2018 at 10:07 AM, Lamima said:

JDM is likely in for a long haul. I think show has been trying to make fans okay with that. It hasn't been working and JDM is their boy. I think show is now mega pissed us viewers didn't fall in love with their boy. I feel like show, now, is all about giving us viewers a giant middle finger. This episode was everything we viewers bitch about....

1) cars zipping around when gas should be long gone at this point

2) Rick shooting all over the place but not hitting anything

3) Negan NOT dying

4) more assholes bloviating (Simon)

5) new characters added to an already bloated cast

6) new character are kwirky and talk funny (also their names...what, is there no Nancys or Jennifers in the ZA? Only those with kwirky names survive...Enid, Negan....)

what else? 

Oh, and TTD having to explain that Rick lit bat on fire with Glen's lighter....uggghhhhh.

And Negan's love for his Louisville Slugger is that it's named after his wife who he feels he abandoned and has guilt so he feels like he must keep the bat safe as if he's keeping his wife safe or some crap like that. I bet next episode is the backstory on all that...more filler. Blech. 

Wonderful, and then we can have another backstory about why he is always talking about his balls.

10 hours ago, neptunewaves said:

Negan's pie hole being shut down by Jadis of all people was the highlight of the season (gee, can you imagine just how annoying his neverending babbling must be to her?). Now, where is my epic novella about Lucille's beau meeting his gory and very graphic demise at the hands of The Woman?

It really says something that Nana Doubtfire's Big Lipped Alligator Moment somehow did more to advance the plot than Rick and Negan 89443948th piss contest.

Steven Ogg continues to be the better Negan. It's too bad Simon's days are numbered, I still miss Jayson Warner Smith's Gavin.

Jadis and Negan will breed to create a race of quirky speaking weirdos that never shut up, who will walk around naked drawing pictures of dicks. They will be called the garbage saviors and will cause everyone in our world to hurl their televisions out the window in disgust.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Jadis and Negan will breed to create a race of quirky speaking weirdos that never shut up, who will walk around naked drawing pictures of dicks. They will be called the garbage saviors 

I'd watch that show. Sounds better than Fear the Walking Dead.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

When did Maggie hear the Saviors calling her "The Widow"? I can't remember, but I never remember most of what I see in this trainwreck.

I do recall Negan calling her that, because it was one of the only semi-amusing things he's ever said (other than his eulogy for Fat Joey), "The widow's alive - guns blazing!" but she couldn't have heard it.

Negan put out an all-points bulletin for the capture alive of "the Sheriff, the Widow, and the King" (or a different order, I can't remember).   At least one of the crew heard it and spread it around.  She may have also heard it from somewhere else but that's the one I remember.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Jadis and Negan will breed to create a race of quirky speaking weirdos that never shut up, who will walk around naked drawing pictures of dicks. They will be called the garbage saviors

I"m with Sarthaz. I'd rather that than what we get. Imagine the wacky hijinks that could ensue, but I have a feeling that couldn't happen. Negan, with his harem and constant bragging about his dick? Probably means he's impotent or hung like a peanut.

Thanks, rabo1. I did indeed forget that, or missed it when I again dozed off while watching this.

• Love 1

Can someone please remind me where Ezekiel has gotten off to?  I remember Carol Morgan and Sam.2 taking out Gavin to save him. But that's all I remember. Too much blather in the past few episodes for me to keep everything straight. 

And add me to the list of not seeing Maggie as this leader type person. I have always seen her as more a "voice of reason on a council" not the Supreme Leader. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

And add me to the list of not seeing Maggie as this leader type person.

My only fond memory of her was her "Ewww! Gross!" expression when Rick and the rest of CDB were smashing and hacking up the Cannibals.

8 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

Can someone please remind me where Ezekiel has gotten off to?  I remember Carol Morgan and Sam.2 taking out Gavin to save him. But that's all I remember. Too much blather in the past few episodes for me to keep everything straight. 

And add me to the list of not seeing Maggie as this leader type person. I have always seen her as more a "voice of reason on a council" not the Supreme Leader. 

Interesting. Carol and Sam 2 made it back to the Hilltop, and Carol greeted Rick on his return. We haven't seen Ezekiel and Morgan yet. I don't think either returned to Hilltop. We still have to see what sends Morgan towards FTWD.

3 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Interesting. Carol and Sam 2 made it back to the Hilltop, and Carol greeted Rick on his return. We haven't seen Ezekiel and Morgan yet. I don't think either returned to Hilltop. We still have to see what sends Morgan towards FTWD.

Morgan made it to Hilltop to argue with Carol about whether the kids should know who killed his brother.  I'm guessing that Ezekiel is just cooling his heels in an infirmary at Hilltop.

9 minutes ago, rab01 said:

Morgan made it to Hilltop to argue with Carol about whether the kids should know who killed his brother.  I'm guessing that Ezekiel is just cooling his heels in an infirmary at Hilltop.

Ahh thanks. I remember that now. Was Ezekiel there?

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎19 at 6:53 AM, spiderpig said:

I will never be able to disassociate Steven Ogg from Simon.  He can play Henry V and I will think "Simon".  Bill Gates and I will think "Simon".  Mother Theresa and I will think "Simon".

For an actor, being so good at playing a sleazy bunghole comes with a price.

Check him out on Stan Against Evil playing a werepony, maybe that will help, lol!

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Daltrey said:

He can play Henry V and I will think "Simon". 

I don't think we need fear that, unless Henry V resembled Snidely Whiplash. All kidding aside, I'm wondering if now being in this show is going to hurt the actors' careers.

37 minutes ago, Daltrey said:

Check him out on Stan Against Evil playing a werepony

"Werepony"? No, I really don't want to know.

• Love 2

The Cable Live +3 ratings are in for "The Key":

Although it’s down to some of its lowest ratings since early in its run, “The Walking Dead” is still far and away the top show on cable. It’s true in the same-day rankings and true after adding in delayed viewing.

The March 18 episode of “TWD” grew by 1.4 points in adults 18-49 (2.8 to 4.2) and by 3.08 million total viewers (to 9.76 million), easily the biggest bumps of any show in the top 25. In fact, its gains were more than double those of the next-largest boosts in both adults 18-49 (“Teen Mom” +0.6) and viewers (“The Alienist,” +1.29 million).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-3-ratings-for-march-12-18-2018/

And here are the Live + Same Day and Live +3 ratings for Season 8, so far:

10-22-17 “Mercy” 11.439 million; 15.047 million
10-29-17 “The Damned” 8.923 million; 12.247 million
11-05-17 “Monsters” 8.519 million; 12.086 million
11-12-17 “Some Guy” 8.688 million; 12.361 million
11-19-17 “The Big Scary U” 7.845 million; not reported
11-26-17 “The King, The Widow, & Rick” 8.282 million; 11.878 million
12-03-17 “Time For After” 7.468 million; 10.737 million
12-10-17 “How It’s Gotta Be” 7.885 million; 11.510 million

02-25-18 “Honor” 8.282 million; not reported
03-04-18 “The Lost or the Plunderers” 6.820 million; 9.894 million
03-11-18 “Dead or Alive Or” 6.604 million; not reported
03-18-18 “The Key” 6.663 million; 9.761 million

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎22 at 10:43 AM, heisenberg said:
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎22 at 8:23 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Checked out some clips on YT. This looks good and funny and really, way better than TWD.

Yes it is, it reminds me a little of Ash vs Evil Dead.

Definitely in the same vein as "Ash", but not as much over the top gore.....not that that is probably an issue, this being TWD board and all, LOL! I also highly recommend Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix, if you haven't checked it out. 

On 26/03/2018 at 7:55 PM, Daltrey said:

I also highly recommend Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix, if you haven't checked it out. 

I just watched two episodes,  Drew Barrymore is hilarious!  I like it,  thanks.

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎27 at 7:50 PM, heisenberg said:

I just watched two episodes,  Drew Barrymore is hilarious!  I like it,  thanks.

No problem, glad you enjoyed! Yeah, Drew is great, and Tim Olyphant's reactions are brilliant; he kills me!

The Cable Live +7 Ratings are in for "The Key":

Per usual, “The Walking Dead” had the largest gains for the week of March 12 — +1.7 in adults 18-49 and +3.76 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-7-ratings-for-march-12-18-2018/

Here are the Live + Same Day, Live +3, and Live +7 ratings for Season 8 so far:

10-22-17 “Mercy” 11.439 million; 15.047 million; 15.736 million
10-29-17 “The Damned” 8.923 million; 12.247 million; 13.096 million
11-05-17 “Monsters” 8.519 million; 12.086 million; 13.007 million
11-12-17 “Some Guy” 8.688 million; 12.361 million; not reported
11-19-17 “The Big Scary U” 7.845 million; not reported; not reported
11-26-17 “The King, The Widow, & Rick” 8.282 million; 11.878 million; 12.727 million
12-03-17 “Time For After” 7.468 million; 10.737 million; 11.627 million
12-10-17 “How It’s Gotta Be” 7.885 million; 11.510 million; 12.126 million

02-25-18 “Honor” 8.282 million; not reported; not reported
03-04-18 “The Lost or the Plunderers” 6.820 million; 9.894 million; 10.632 million
03-11-18 “Dead or Alive Or” 6.604 million; not reported; 10.060 million
03-18-18 “The Key” 6.663 million; 9.761 million; 10.435 million