Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

Bort

Traffic has fallen to the point where individual episode topics are not needed, so they were all merged into a single season topic.

Discuss the Dynasty reboot inaugural season here!

7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I tuned out after 5 minutes. Soooooooo dumb and no sweeping opening credits or Dynasty theme. Just no.

I don't think a lack of theme can be totally blamed on the producers. The producers of the failed Melrose Place reboot said they had opening credits planned and the network was like yeah, you got three seconds for the credits.

• Love 4

Just finished watching the pilot... not horrible, but not good either.

I do like that Claudia looks more like a hot mess then the more subdued/elegant version of season 1/2 of Claudia in the original version.

I wish that each scene was longer then a minute each,but I do like the mentions of Alexis.. plus Fallon vs Blake in business (story ideas from the 1st season of the original show).  Cristal seems more like a bitch then a good guy.. so I'm curious to see what Alexis will be like when she does show up.

Watched this on a whim. Liked it far more than I was expecting to.

My mother was a big fan of the original, and I even had a few of the DVDs. It appears that no matter the version, Steven will always be the most sympathetic and likable character, to me.

I do like Cristal getting more involved with the business, and not a trophy wife.

• Love 1

Well, it actually wasn't the shit show I was expecting it to be. I mean, not great but definitely not the worst thing I've ever seen. I like that Cristal is more involved in everything rather than just wondering around the Carrington mansion but yeah, I wonder about Alexis. Please show, if you do introduce her, don't declaw her.

I like that we're jumping right into Claudia being a total nut.

• Love 2

This is my new trashy pleasure! It's awesome and terrible, and I can't wait to see where it goes. 

I like that Cristal isn't a doormat, and watching her skip down the aisle in a delirium of savage, performative joy made me laugh out loud.  Digging the bridal pantsuit.

That butler is not one to screw with. 

• Love 5

I liked it. In some ways Fallon seems like a grown up version of a character on Gossip Girl. In fact it may have been better received if they'd just gone that route. You really can't duplicate the lightning in the bottle that was Dynasty.

Grant Show works for me and he and Fallon and Steven work for me as a family. Anders the butler is fierce. And you can tell he's protective of the kids and is somewhat amused by their antics. 

Sammy Jo was great. Dropping that Cristal was the black sheep sets things up nicely. BTW Cristal's white pantsuit was nice. Her stroll down the aisle hilarious and Fallon tossing the bouquet like it was trash was great, too.

I'm intrigued at the casting possibilities for Adam and Amanda and Alexis. 

• Love 6

I was pleasantly surprised as well! They got me for at least half a season when I realized that baby Steven was plunking out the Dynasty theme on the piano. I missed out on the primetime soap heyday, but I went through all of the big ones a few years ago (Dynasty, the Colbys, Dallas, Knots Landing, and Falcon Crest) and I think that these writers did a good job of mixing call backs to the original show with updated references and motivations. I liked the Dallas update that aired on TNT, but I feel like they were never truly successful at balancing the story needs for the original cast versus the newbies. I'm interested to see if the Dynasty showrunners have what it takes to start charting new, interesting storylines. 

• Love 1
On 10/11/2017 at 10:45 PM, ShadowHunter said:

I did not love but I didn't hate it either. I will give it a couple of episodes still. Many soaps I loved took time to get cracking.

I liked Grant Show though.

I like the change of Sammy Jo. Look forward to more with Stephen.

I was "meh" on it but I think it might find its groove.

I was kind of surprised they killed off Nick Weschler as soon as they did.

Sammy Jo stealing Stephen's money without Stephen even realizing (or giving a shit) was a nice touch. I liked the actor on Empire (before I lost interest in it) and he's definitely got a bit of a bit of a spark.

I was meh in terms of Stephen's looks (I mean, come on both versions of Stephen on Dynasty were total blond hunks), but he did get more attractive to me the longer the episode went on. His huge hamhock hands were a little distracting, though. Him and Fallon's interactions are definitely a highlight for me.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rollacoaster said:

I like that Cristal isn't a doormat, and watching her skip down the aisle in a delirium of savage, performative joy made me laugh out loud.  Digging the bridal pantsuit.

I liked that part, too. The actress playing her definitely looked like she was having a blast with her role. Interesting use of the Bowie song, too.

I mainly checked it out 'cause my mom was curious to watch it, having liked the original "Dynasty". Don't know if this'll be a series we'll follow, but we'll see how it goes. 

This wasn't quite as bad as the promos made it out to be but yeah, not awesome.  Fallon was always daddy's girl and I'm not really digging the animosity between the two in this incarnation.  I'm not getting why Joseph seems so dismissive of Steven.  Does he resent Steven for not towing the family line?  Is a homophobe?  

So is Cristal's big secret (or one of her secrets) that Sammy Jo is really her son?   Between Joseph reciting his full name and Cristal making a point that it was her older sister's son, I'm thinking teen mom who had her sister raise her child.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Maverick said:

This wasn't quite as bad as the promos made it out to be but yeah, not awesome.  Fallon was always daddy's girl and I'm not really digging the animosity between the two in this incarnation.  I'm not getting why Joseph seems so dismissive of Steven.  Does he resent Steven for not towing the family line?  Is a homophobe?  

So is Cristal's big secret (or one of her secrets) that Sammy Jo is really her son?   Between Joseph reciting his full name and Cristal making a point that it was her older sister's son, I'm thinking teen mom who had her sister raise her child.

I thought about that, too. The actress playing Cristal is 32, but that doesn't mean Cristal is. Cristal could be late 30's/early 40's like she was on the first show.

3 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I enjoyed it for its potential. Lots happened and it didn’t take itself too seriously. And a few nods to the original. 

That was my biggest problem with the Melrose reboot. It tried waaayy too hard to be some big murder mystery show and the characters never seemed like they were having fun.

15 minutes ago, Maverick said:

So is Cristal's big secret (or one of her secrets) that Sammy Jo is really her son?   Between Joseph reciting his full name and Cristal making a point that it   her older sister's son, I'm thinking teen mom who had her sister raise her child.

Unless the actor playing Sammy Joe is playing much younger than his real age, Cristal can't be his mother. The actors only have one year age difference in between them. Although I always was waiting for that storyline to happen on the original Dynasty with Crystal and Sammy Jo.

OK, I didn't...hate it. And I was a huge fan of the original version of Dynasty.

This version is like a mash up of Dynasty and Gossip Girl. I wasn't prepared to like it at all, given the reviews, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Will give it a chance next week.

Sooo... that was trashy. But I'm sucked in. Damn yoooou!

Maybe it helps that I never saw the original Dynasty, so I have nothing to compare it to.

To me it's just like a more adult version of gossip girl. Fallon reminds me of Blair Waldorf so much. Seeking parental approval so hard it hurts. I'm glad she's going into business with her dad's business rival. I hope she kicks dad's ass in business. He sucks.

Cristal didn't seem so bad at first, but she started getting annoying when she was all "oh, I'm so down to earth I hate string quartets and ballrooms!" Then I was ready to smack that smug smirk off her face when she was gloating about being made COO.

Hey, it's Jack from Revenge! Getting type-cast as the "salt-of-the-earth" guy who crossed paths with some super-rich people. Aaaand bye Jack! I never liked you on Revenge anyway!

I was confused on who the old guy was at first because everything else I remember him from, he's always playing some rich guy (The O.C., Ugly Betty...). Oh, but in this he's like Carson from Downton Abbey, but scarier. Okay, I can dig it.

• Love 4

Yeah, I don't know why I stuck through the entire pilot....and I didn't outright hate it or get bored or anything.

Damnit; I am probably going to give it a second rewatch. But it also helps that my Wednesdays are pretty empty for TV watching. I also have never seen the original Dynasty, so I have nothing to compare this show to.

The only reason this show gives me some minor Gossip Girl vibes is because I know the creators of this one also created that show. So I do know that they'll probably follow a similar pattern with their storytelling. 

Cristal was different than I thought she'd be. She seemed to be down to earth and all that, but I won't be surprised when she gets sucked in hard with the rich and famous lifestyle. She already seemed to thrive on the drama with the family. 

Fallon is a character who will probably get on my nerves....but her chauffeur love interest is very attractive. She also seems fairly competent and I do hope she takes down her dad's business. The reveal that Cristal was offered COO once before definitely made me side with Fallon for that second half.

The dad's a pretty big selfish douchebag. 

So, is Jack from Revenge really dead? Did he die onscreen? I'm going to go with no. 

Overall, I'm probably giving it another shot. It wasn't all that terrible.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, is Jack from Revenge really dead? Did he die onscreen? I'm going to go with no. 

The wife seemed a couple cans short of a six-pack, so I think we might have wait until the next episode to know for sure. I would think that Jack from Revenge has a good enough pedigree that he wouldn't be wasted on a one-episode role. 

• Love 1

Ugh, that's not good ShadowHunter. Could be the first cancellation of the season!

Overall I liked it but mostly because of the sentimental value - it brought back memories of the original show and followed the premise and original characters more closely than I expected with some nice twists and updates. 

That said, the actresses who played Fallon and Cristal were horrible. I mean, they really went out of their way to cast the worst actresses they could find for the two biggest roles! I appreciate they were going for some diversity here but yeesh, I was really cringing at Nathalie Kelley's line readings. She was terrible. And Elizabeth Gillies just seems way too young. She's no Pamela Sue Martin, that's for sure. I don't buy her as some big corporate exec for a second.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Ugh, that's not good ShadowHunter. Could be the first cancellation of the season!

Overall I liked it but mostly because of the sentimental value - it brought back memories of the original show and followed the premise and original characters more closely than I expected with some nice twists and updates. 

That said, the actresses who played Fallon and Cristal were horrible. I mean, they really went out of their way to cast the worst actresses they could find for the two biggest roles! I appreciate they were going for some diversity here but yeesh, I was really cringing at Nathalie Kelley's line readings. She was terrible. And Elizabeth Gillies just seems way too young. She's no Pamela Sue Martin, that's for sure. I don't buy her as some big corporate exec for a second.

Agree, both actresses are truly awful - felt like I was repeatedly getting hit on the head with a hammer by the "oh so ironic, oh so snarky" one-upsmanship line readings.  Also, although I appreciate the updated attitude of feminism, it doesn't leave much room for any contrast between Cristal and Fallon, who are basically mirror images of each other. in attitude and ambition.

• Love 1

It appears that they are trying to substitute Alexis with Fallon in the role of adversary to Cristal (and Blake). So I don't know if they'll ever even introduce Alexis, which is odd considering how important she was to the original show.

It wan't great, but I didn't hate it.  I'm willing to give it a couple more episodes given that most pilots usually suck.  However, I am so here for the butler who basically said, "bitch, I dare you to go after my job...."  The showdown between him and Cristal might be more promising than the one between Cristal and Fallon.  I also want to know more about the black siblings (but why did they have to be scholarship kids....<insert eyeroll>).  

21 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It appears that they are trying to substitute Alexis with Fallon in the role of adversary to Cristal (and Blake). So I don't know if they'll ever even introduce Alexis, which is odd considering how important she was to the original show.

Originally, I think the animosity in play was Fallon vs. Krystle, as Alexis didn't debut on the original series until the 2nd season. I think it just ended up going the way of Alexis vs. Krystle once they got Joan Collins in there running away with it. So the reboot has it right so far.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

It's awesome and terrible,

You've just described the old show perfectly!

19 hours ago, nilyank said:

Unless the actor playing Sammy Joe is playing much younger than his real age, Cristal can't be his mother. The actors only have one year age difference in between them.

That's not always a hurdle in the Dynasty-verse. Stephanie Beacham and Tracy Scoggins played mother and daughter on The Colbys but Beacham was only six years older than Scoggins.

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

She's no Pamela Sue Martin, that's for sure.

No one will ever match what Martin brought to the part of Fallon.

4 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Originally, I think the animosity in play was Fallon vs. Krystle, as Alexis didn't debut on the original series until the 2nd season. I think it just ended up going the way of Alexis vs. Krystle once they got Joan Collins in there running away with it. So the reboot has it right so far.

In the first season of the original series, Fallon was Krystle's primary antagonist. But, as you say, the Krystle/Alexis dynamic caught the fire while Fallon became progressively more blanded out.

7 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Ratings Adults 18-49 rating/share 0.4  1.34 million Viewers .

This isn't bad for the CW. And Riverdale, which began last season and airs before Dynasty, saw a huge jump in its demo last night from last year. So the CW may be willing to be patient with Dynasty in the hope that it will grow its audience in a similar manner.

I thought about that, too. The actress playing Cristal is 32, but that doesn't mean Cristal is. Cristal could be late 30's/early 40's like she was on the first show.

I'd have to doubt they have her playing a character who is ten years older than she actually is. 

This isn't bad for the CW. And Riverdale, which began last season and airs before Dynasty, saw a huge jump in its demo last night from last year. So the CW may be willing to be patient with Dynasty in the hope that it will grow its audience in a similar manner.

Dynasty lost half it's Riverdale lead in.  That's rarely a good sign. 

It was definitely a mixture of good and bad.  I felt like the actress playing Fallon was trying way too hard and going way over the top.  I did like the actress who plays Cristal.  I'm not sure what to make of Stephen.  He was kind of obnoxious, and like the actress playing Fallon, there were scenes where he was trying too hard.   

1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

He was kind of obnoxious, and like the actress playing Fallon, there were scenes where he was trying too hard.   

The entire show was trying too hard. WAY too hard. This has quite the night-time-soap pedigree, coming from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage and Sallie Patrick and the trailer made it look like bitchy campy fun. In the event, the whole thing just felt like a flat, box-ticking exercise with some of the most one-dimensional stock characters and anvilicious dialog this side of a Scooby-Doo cartoon. It all came across as so... muted. Like everyone involved was just going through the motions.  

I might give it one more episode, but it better make some drastic improvements. 

• Love 6

There were things I liked: the updating of Sammy Jo, Alan Dale's butler, Cristal and Blake overall.

My issues are that the acting is verrryy wobbly. Time will tell if the cast's charisma can overcome that. And the stakes need to be higher. No, the "killing off" of Nick Weschler's character doesn't count. Finally, if you're going to have a catfight, have a catfight.

Edited by portfino
  • Love 1

That's true, but original recipe Fallon did not buy a rival company to be a rival to her father's company. (In fact, original Fallon never worked a day in her life.) So in that sense, this Fallon has stepped into the Alexis role of buying/inheriting "ColbyCo" and becoming a rival to the Carrington empire. That's why I'm not sure what kind of role Alexis could play in this version, since the role she played in the original has already been assumed by Fallon on Day 1.

• Love 1

I think the problem with the show long term will be that this is 2017, not 1981. 

What I mean by that is that when the original debuted, it had an equal focus between the wealthy and the middle/working class.  Viewers responded more to the wealth and prestige of the Carringtons thus the focus in season 2 and thereafter was more on the wealthy then the middle/working class.

Fast foward to 2017, the country has changed a lot in thirty six years.  People know how the wealthy live, but there is a growing resentment over the disconnect of the wealthy from everyday people.  I think Matthew/Claudia Blaisdel would be more welcome in modern day, seeing the struggles of a marriage bought apart by mental illness/infeldity.. plus I'm betting his job provides health care to help his wife battle whatever caused the mental illness.  I would have presented them as the characters to root for with the Carringtons as unintended villians (since they are so wealthy that they are isolated from problems facing most americans) with the Colby's being in the grey area since they have obtained their wealth through hardwork and thinking outside the box.

I truly think a haves and have not primetime soap would resonate with viewers more then a hybrid Dynasty/Gossip Girl.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I think the problem with the show long term will be that this is 2017, not 1981. 

What I mean by that is that when the original debuted, it had an equal focus between the wealthy and the middle/working class.  Viewers responded more to the wealth and prestige of the Carringtons thus the focus in season 2 and thereafter was more on the wealthy then the middle/working class.

Fast foward to 2017, the country has changed a lot in thirty six years.  People know how the wealthy live, but there is a growing resentment over the disconnect of the wealthy from everyday people.  I think Matthew/Claudia Blaisdel would be more welcome in modern day, seeing the struggles of a marriage bought apart by mental illness/infeldity.. plus I'm betting his job provides health care to help his wife battle whatever caused the mental illness.  I would have presented them as the characters to root for with the Carringtons as unintended villians (since they are so wealthy that they are isolated from problems facing most americans) with the Colby's being in the grey area since they have obtained their wealth through hardwork and thinking outside the box.

I truly think a haves and have not primetime soap would resonate with viewers more then a hybrid Dynasty/Gossip Girl.

I think that's a FAR FAR better idea for how to reboot Dynasty. Really, the only sympathetic/rounded character this time round seemed to be Matthew Blaisdel and he got killed at the end of the episode! 

Actually, your take on it is also much closer to the original, where the idea behind making Krystle Blake's secretary was that she was supposed to be the grounded everywoman innocent who came wide-eyed into the debauched, high-stakes world of the Carringtons. That got quickly sidelined as the audience got more fascinated by the campy antics of the Carringtons and the catfights, but her "ordinariness" was what they were supposed to identify with. 

I have no idea why I'm supposed to like this incarnation of Fallon. I rewatched the beginning of the ep and, really, it's quite shocking how bad and stupid the writing was. It feels like a rushed first-draft script. Why would anyone who wasn't blind mistake her and her couture outfit for an air hostess in a lounge that was either for First Class or Private Jet passengers? And how convenient that she happened to get the information about Windrush completely by contrived chance. OG Alexis used her smarts and wiles to get information out of people and try to take down Blake. She'd have deliberately disguised herself as an air hostess (complete with shoulder padded "uniform", huge hair and OTT makeup, of course), played dumb and charmed the two brokers into spilling the beans to her, then used the info she got in the most calculating way she could.

TBH, OG Alexis would eat 2017 Fallon for breakfast then pick her teeth with the bones. 

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BaskingsharkGTX said:

I have no idea why I'm supposed to like this incarnation of Fallon. I rewatched the beginning of the ep and, really, it's quite shocking how bad and stupid the writing was. It feels like a rushed first-draft script. Why would anyone who wasn't blind mistake her and her couture outfit for an air hostess in a lounge that was either for First Class or Private Jet passengers? And how convenient that she happened to get the information about Windrush completely by contrived chance.

I don't think it was by chance, I think this is Fallon's standard MO for obtaining insider information: take advantage of preppies who underestimate her. Pretty sure she knows who she's talking to and purposely seeks them out. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I don't think it was by chance, I think this is Fallon's standard MO for obtaining insider information: take advantage of preppies who underestimate her. Pretty sure she knows who she's talking to and purposely seeks them out. 

I kinda sorta figured that was how it was supposed to come across, but with her VO and the lack of specific onscreen actions, it was too nebulous and for me it didn't. Also, if she's part of this famous DYNASTIC! family and occupies a high-profile position at their company, wouldn't people know who she is and recognize her? (I mean, I've never met Ivanka Trump, but even before the election, if I saw her in an airport, I'd know who she was!)

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX
4 hours ago, BaskingsharkGTX said:

Actually, your take on it is also much closer to the original, where the idea behind making Krystle Blake's secretary was that she was supposed to be the grounded everywoman innocent who came wide-eyed into the debauched, high-stakes world of the Carringtons. That got quickly sidelined as the audience got more fascinated by the campy antics of the Carringtons and the catfights, but her "ordinariness" was what they were supposed to identify with. 

This!  I know it would be difficult to write a character as "pure" and morally upstanding as Crystal 1 at this time in our history.  But pitting two women (Cristal2 and Fallon) who are basically equally sharky, ruthless and bitchy against each other is just plain dull dramatically.  And if we do get an Alexis, there are going to be THREE identi-characters.  As silly as Crystal 1's wide-eyed naivete could be, at least you could root for her - I don't see ANYBODY here to root for.

• Love 2

That was bad. Like really bad. Buuuuuut, I'll probably be back, at least for a few episodes.

I was most disappointed in Elizabeth Gillies. When she was on "Victorious," a Nick sitcom where she played a high school bitch (suitably diluted for a tween audience), I enjoyed her performance. Here, she was just bad (but not evil-bad, just wooden-bad). I think having her do the voice-over was a bad idea too. Exposition fairy much?

Every time they mentioned Alexis, all I could picture was Joan Collins and I couldn't stop thinking that she's way too old to have been married to Grant Show. 

Someone upthread mentioned that Steven is once again the most sympathetic character. I agree. I just wish he was as attractive as Al Corley or Jack Coleman. 

Did I mishear or was it mentioned several times that Cristal was a PR assistant? If so, how is that she could get promoted to COO? It's almost as if she was sleeping with the boss ... oh, wait.

17 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

Did I mishear or was it mentioned several times that Cristal was a PR assistant? If so, how is that she could get promoted to COO? It's almost as if she was sleeping with the boss ... oh, wait.

It might be too soon what with the Weinstein stuff going on! I used to go to a club that had Dynasty viewing parties on whatever night the original was on (Wednesdays?) and we'd be shit-faced by the end of the episode, so I remember it fondly, if not well. I eventually fell for a guy who looked for all the world like Steven Carrington as played by Al Corley. Maybe that's why I never really liked Heather Locklear?

This was like the original on crack. They packed in too much into the first episode. It was trashy fun, but the original took some time to set things up so that the payoff was worth it. This has no foreplay. I'll stick around, though, if only to see who they cast for Alexis, and because the outside stuff is filmed in my area, and that's always amusing. I wonder if Helena Bonham Carter would do the CW?

20 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

Someone upthread mentioned that Steven is once again the most sympathetic character. I agree. I just wish he was as attractive as Al Corley or Jack Coleman. 

I know that after Dallas that it was decided Dynasty would not go the revival/next gen route, but if they had, I would've loved for Jack Coleman to reprise his role as Steven and actually be the last one standing as head of Carrington and openly gay and dating (or married) and living his life.  Grant Show is doing a pretty good job as a manipulative, ruthless 1% billionaire charming bastard but it would've been a hoot if they had nabbed Jack Coleman as this versions Blake. He could still show up down the line as a rival businessman that seduces Fallon or Steven or both. 

I think Stephen's cute enough, but yeah. He's just not the Blond Dreamboat that both Al Corley and Jack Coleman were. And there was something about the fact that they both looked like the Homecoming King all grown up that really worked for me...you wouldn't think they were gay, because they looked so establishment/Alpha Male.

There was this moment where Stephen was crossing his legs and it felt somewhat effeminate, which was kind of wrong for Stephen. Both previous actors for Stephen were pretty adamant that he was supposed to a man's man who just happened to like men, not an effeminate gay stereotype.

• Love 1
On 10/11/2017 at 9:55 PM, ByaNose said:

I tuned out after 5 minutes. Soooooooo dumb and no sweeping opening credits or Dynasty theme. Just no.

Truth! However, the one thing they did have was an updated version of that fountain figure that started the O-R title sequence in the 80s (and was used twice more before the Dynasty title came up, as well as being used as somewhat of a divider between certain cast cards)-- to wit, this (as captured from the repackaged CBS DVD first-season release):

dynastyfountaindesign.jpg

• Love 2

They were trying so hard to be edgy and scandalous in those few minutes. I give it a month until Grant Show is out of a job. Hopefully, someone will pick him up (Grey’s?) because the guy is amazing looking and can act. He was really good on Swingtown which was almost Shakespeare compared to this drivel. LOL!!!!

• Love 3

This show is trying WAY too hard. Cringed through 30 minutes before giving up. Is Fallon the person we're supposed to like? Nah. I get that EG gets typecast as the mean girl.

I believe that Carrington manor is Tyler Perry's old mansion.

Edited by Atlanta
23 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think Stephen's cute enough, but yeah. He's just not the Blond Dreamboat that both Al Corley and Jack Coleman were. And there was something about the fact that they both looked like the Homecoming King all grown up that really worked for me...you wouldn't think they were gay, because they looked so establishment/Alpha Male.

There was this moment where Stephen was crossing his legs and it felt somewhat effeminate, which was kind of wrong for Stephen. Both previous actors for Stephen were pretty adamant that he was supposed to a man's man who just happened to like men, not an effeminate gay stereotype.

I didn't necessarily get an effeminate vibe from Steven (certainly not a la Jack from "Will and Grace"). In some ways, he reminded me of Jack, the king's secretly gay son from the NBC show "King." That character was played by Sebastian Stan (who also played the gay son on the USA miniseries "Political Animals"). (He's since become more studly as Bucky Barnes from the "Captain America" movies.)

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

They were trying so hard to be edgy and scandalous in those few minutes. I give it a month until Grant Show is out of a job. Hopefully, someone will pick him up (Grey’s?) because the guy is amazing looking and can act. He was really good on Swingtown which was almost Shakespeare compared to this drivel. LOL!!!!

I remember Grant Show from "Ryan's Hope" days, when he was Rick Hyde. Apparently, he left soap operas to study acting in London to improve his "craft," but didn't he end up on "Melrose Place"?

3 hours ago, Atlanta said:

This show is trying WAY too hard. Cringed through 30 minutes before giving up. Is Fallon the person we're supposed to like? Nah. I get that EG gets typecast as the mean girl.

I believe that Carrington manor is Tyler Perry's old mansion.

For a second, I read that as Tyler Perry was going to play Alexis Carrington. (!) Now that would be worth tuning in for -- "Medea" as Alexis Carrington.

I don't understand why they had to move the show from Denver to Atlanta. Is Atlanta sexier? Besides, "Denver Carrington" sounds much better as a company than "Carrington Atlanta."

• Love 2