Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

Bort

All that was missing was a talking dog and for Sammy Jo's father to sneer "those meddling kids!"

So is Steven leaving for a while to hopefully be replaced by a different actor? At this point, Sammy Jo is way more interesting.

(Although I did laugh when the father was like "it's like looking into a mirror! We look exactly alike!"  No you don't.)

More Anders, please! Loved his yanking back the curtains when Crystal said she preferred it dark.

• Love 2

It would be typically "soapy" if Fallon runs across Adam and begins a relationship with him...assuming because they will be so much alike.  It could be both interesting and taboo at the same time.

• Love 1

It does look like the wheels have been set for Alexis coming on...with the shaky truce between C ristal and fall on.  As long as the focus remains on Fallon vs alexis..ill be happy.

Now that we have an Adam mention (and I'll leave to see the explanation they will come up for keeping this under wraps..with the internet/social media digging up dirt)...i wonder if the show will still bring Amanda in or if she will be forgotten?

If the show is smart...rhey will keep fall on single and dating lots of guys...and keeps viewers questioning if that particular guy is Adam..or maybe a twist could be that Adam is bi..and Stephen interacts with him.

Good ending to the hostage situation...and hopefully fallon is going to hold fast to her going it alone...nice wrench thrown into Jeff's plot.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

...i wonder if the show will still bring Amanda in or if she will be forgotten?

IIRC, in the original, Alexis was the only one who knew Amanda existed before she showed up in Denver. The story was that Blake sent Alexis away not knowing she was pregnant with Amanda. So if they stick to the original storyline,  the subject of Amanda won’t be brought up until sometime after Alexis comes to town.

• Love 1

That gold party was the gaudiest thing ever. But I guess that was the point.

It did make me laugh that of course Fallon would completely miss the point of the story of Midas' touch.

I feel oddly protective of Fallon, too. Maybe it's because we see her vulnerable side, and even when she's being a brat, it's pretty clear that it's coming from a place of insecurity. So I would get no satisfaction from seeing her get hurt. It feels like she's capable of becoming a better person and that's what I want to see.

That furry red coat Fallon was wearing was hideous. How many muppets died to make that coat?

But I like the development of Fallon deciding she needs to make it on her own and be tied to no man.

Okay, her money is still passed down to her from the men in her family, but baby steps.

I hope this at least temporarily puts an end to the "which guy is Fallon going to be with this week" plotlines. Those are so tiresome. I just don't care about any of those guys.

I have to grudgingly admit Cristal using a makeshift flamethrower on Alejandro and telling Fallon to run was pretty badass (even though it barely makes up for how dumb it was to take the money to the kidnappers by herself - understandable, though, she wouldn't want her sister to die in the ambush Blake was setting up). And of course Fallon just immediately ran to safety without so much as a look back. Ha!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Bec said:

I have to grudgingly admit Cristal using a makeshift flamethrower on Alejandro and telling Fallon to run was pretty badass (even though it barely makes up for how dumb it was to take the money to the kidnappers by herself - understandable, though, she wouldn't want her sister to die in the ambush Blake was setting up). And of course Fallon just immediately ran to safety without so much as a look back. Ha!

I have to admit to LOLing when the horrible thing that was done to Fallon with a menacing knife was….BANGS.

And the “we should have kidnapped the other one.

This show is so much fun when I turn my brain off and just let it be stupid-soapy.

Agreed that Crystal was bad-ass with the lighter and aerosol can.  More of that Crystal, please. And while it was beyond dumb that she tried to go rescue Fallon on her own, it’s now consistent with the semblance of a real character emerging. (She’s always trying to fix situations on her own, behind Blake’s back, and is pretty impulsive)

Smart of Jeff Colby to put a tracking device in with the ransom. I wish they’d style him differently, his clothing choices are very comic-book villain-ish (Joker, Riddler, etc.)

Anders and Sammy Jo – D’awwwww. And more of Anders badassery—he was going to be part of the strikeforce!

Also glad that Blake let on that he knew about Fallon and Michael. He's been Captain Oblivious so far (although Grant Show is awesome as Blake)

• Love 6

I thought they were cutting her finger off because that's what happens in every other TV show when there's a kidnapping. But of course this isn't that kind of show, and this is not a complaint - I appreciate the lack of gore here.

They literally harmed a lot of hairs on her head after Blake just said they get nothing if they harm a hair on her head. Oh, this show!

• Love 3

I have to admit to LOLing when the horrible thing that was done to Fallon with a menacing knife was….BANGS.

It was funny, but I also was like: "Are we supposed to think of the kidnapping as a big joke?"  I really didn't know if we were meant to take the situation seriously, as the writing was all over the place.   

Now that we have an Adam mention (and I'll leave to see the explanation they will come up for keeping this under wraps..with the internet/social media digging up dirt)

Yeah, I was wondering how it would be possible that the Carrington's would have been able to entirely cover up not only the existence of Adam, but what would have been a very high profile kidnapping to the point where neither Steven nor Fallon would know anything about him or the kidnapping.   

It was great to see Kelly Rutherfurd on Dynasty. This show is starting to embrace more of the Gossip Girl campiness, which can never be too much for me.

Tired of the Colbys. The actress playing Monique is beautiful, but her line readings are just there—so is she being deceptive? Or straight? What does she want? Hard to tell what's going on in her head, and it’s not for lack of gorgeous scenery to chew on. Contrast with Anders, who makes every line gold.

I’m excited about the pairing of Sammy Jo with Fallon! That was a great way to bring the two onto the same side. Definitely looking forward to seeing those storylines.

It’s super-sweet how close Fallon and Stephen are. His sudden decision to run for office did make me LOL, but it fit with how OTT the show is getting, so it's a thumbs up for me.

It was also good to see Sammy Jo pushing him for self-growth, much like Anders did with SJ. SJ is really solidifying into a character that’s fun to watch, much as Fallon always is.

The writers still need to figure Crystal out, although they get points for trying. Jeez, how well do Blake and Crystal know each other at all, even with all the reveals in the last few episodes? She doesn’t even know what kind of breakfast he likes, and he was right about her being hypocritical. Sure he has a shady past, but just ten minutes ago she thought she had murdered someone and was on the run. Fallon is still being shown with more drive to make her start-up succeed, than Blake and Crystal's hobbyist approach to the family biz. (Maybe that's why the threat to Blake didn't ring true. Why would he be so hands-off if it were such a legit threat? Federal prison--so sure, trust his judgemental wife with the inconsistent set of morals make the threat go away?)

That being said, I do like that they’re integrating her Venezuelan past into the storylines, and giving her more opportunities to show that she’s really resourceful. I think the problem might be: everyone’s motivations are clear and believable except hers and Monique’s – which seem to shift depending on what the episode’s storyline calls for.

Edited by Kaiju Ballet
Too many verbs
  • Love 4

It’s super-sweet how close Fallon and Stephen are. His sudden decision to run for office did make me LOL, but it fit with how OTT the show is getting, so it's a thumbs up for me.

That actually did make me laugh.  I thought Fallon or Sammy Jo would point out that he was only in rehab after a cocaine bender like a month ago. 

While this episode wasn't all that dreadful, it still seems a bit aimless.  As soon as they showed Fallon in need of a new assistant, I figured that SJ was headed into that role, even though he would likely be the Most Unqualified Candidate in The History of the World.  And what exactly is Steven running for?  To replace the suddenly easily-disgraced Senator?  City Council?  Team Leader for Narcotics Anonymous? Waterboy for the local gay swim club?  Other than having a famous name, it's not clear that he has done anything. I was somewhat hopeful that the philanthropic type position would maybe solidify and focus his slacker, hangdog, yawner of a personality. Now he is going to use his *name* to get elected?  Bizarre.

Not as bizarre as the caricature that has become Blake Carrington.  He isn't strong, he isn't weak, he is blander than bland. He knows all, but he also seemingly unknowing. I used to watch Melrose Place just to see Grant Show sit on a barstool and look pretty.  That still seems to be his best purpose in life.  

I am lacking in my Colby Family lore, but if I recall, Jeff's parents were Charlton Heston and Katharine Ross.  Based on what Jeff and Monica discussed, Blake had an affair with their mother ?  That's a new wrinkle worth pursuing.  Then again, having Grant Show in any deep emotional scenes is a clunker-in-waiting.

I was *very happy* to see the return of the quick cut credits.  They aren't done all that well, but I still like them.

• Love 2

I also like that they went for humor instead of gore with the cutting of Fallon's bangs. She was so horrified, complaining that her hairdresser "books four months out!" Sentencing someone like Fallon to four months with nasty bangs may indeed be worse than losing a digit!

Loved badass flamethrower Cristal. And some bonding between Anders and Sammy Joe. So touching! Anders is so different from Joseph in the original Dynasty, so much more multi-faceted. They're similar in their loyalty to Blake, but I'm still wondering if Anders has an agenda. It should be fun finding out. Really enjoying his character so far.

As a fan of the original show, I expected to hate the remake, but I'm kind of loving it. It's a lot of fun if you can manage to just enjoy it for what it is and not ask a lot of questions. 

I kind of think they've tamed Sammy Jo too much.  I think the shoe should have kept Sammy Jo a woman and had Stephen be bi.

If the show gets a second season, I hope the show runners are replaced....the gossip girl element d oesnt work..imho.

If anyone should be made bisexual, it should by Sammy Jo who on the original slept with everyone.  Now Sammy is limited to Steven and whatever gay characters they bring on which will only set up the eventual triangle with Steven. Over and over again.

• Love 3

Well, that was a roller coaster ride.

One of my issues with Crystal was my inability to buy her as being in love with Blake. So that last scene with her was more surprising in that it took so long to finally happen. Well done show!

Glad they finally showed Crystal’s PR background in her handling of Steven’s political launch. She also looked lovely with her upswept hair and pink dress during that interview scene—that Crystal is every bit the boss that we’ve been told she’s supposed to be. I also liked the friendship and mutual respect between her and Steven. (Loved the laughter that greeted his announcement—it mirrored my own last week)

So Steven and Sammy Jo aren’t an item?

I also like Sammy Jo throwing himself into his new job. Of course he would excel at setting up the private room for Fallon and Monica. I am liking the character more and more. “I need this job for my self-esteem!”

Culhane. Awwww. Love that character too. His admission to Fallon was awesome. And his appearance in nothing but a towel doesn’t hurt, either.

Anders, taking care of business! Except the Cecil Colby set-up doesn’t make sense the day before a parole hearing.

Hope that Police Commissioner Colby cousin stays morally upright and doesn’t end up dating Culhane, although she’s already way more interesting than Monica.

Fallon, really felt for her in trusting Monica. I think Monica is supposed to seem a lot more duplicitous than the actress is able to portray. Or emotional. Or something. She’s planning this huge doublecross of Fallon, so that was a weirdly understated reaction to being gifted with a nightclub.

Wardrobe-wise—Is Jeff Colby meant to be the Krystal Carrington (original recipe) in terms of wardrobe? And Monica, I think even Cookie Lyon wouldn’t wear a gold lame outfit to a family member’s parole hearing.  Steven cleans up nice though, for interviews. And I loved Sammy Jo’s work outfit. It would be great if he and Fallon do become BFFs. She needs someone other than Culhane watching out for her.

• Love 1

Thank God, Fallon didn't fall for Jeff's fake I love you and she was more shell-shocked when Michael admitted that he loved than when Jeff said he was in love with her. I think the only reason she moved away from Michael after his confession was that she fell guilty about Monica. 

But now that she knows the truth, she is going to go after them.

I have no idea who is telling the truth between the Colbys  and Blake.

I was expecting Crystal to something inappropriate with the reporter since he showed up but no way did I think that she was kiss him in the middle of her home where Anders lurks about. It is way too soon to have fake Crystal show up. 

On the original Dynasty, Crystal got involved with some doctor/quack around the time she was having problems in her first year of marriage to Blake.

Poor Sammy Jo. All he wanted to do is go to work.

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand why Ted just threw himself out the window. That was abrupt. Was he just a crazy stalker or is there more to it than that?

For a second I was seriously worried Ted was going to kill Sammy. Sammy's growing on me.

I wouldn't put it past Blake to be lying to Cristal about having an affair with Mrs. Colby. If the Colbys do something to Blake, he probably had it coming. But the Colbys are crossing the line taking it out on his daughter, who wasn't the one having the affair and wasn't the one who set up Papa Colby.

So glad Fallon's totally onto the Colbys. It would have been frustrating if the show dragged it out and had Fallon be fooled for a long time.

I thought Monica was going to feel guilty about plotting against Fallon when Fallon bought her a nightclub. But then their conflict earlier was about Monica being mad at being treated like a charity case by Fallon (even though Fallon didn't mean it that way), so maybe Monica is not loving Fallon buying her a club.

• Love 1

All this talk about Blake and Cecil’s wife having an affair has to be leading to another child lurking in the shadows. Maybe instead of bi-racial Dominique Devereaux, we’ll be getting a bi-racial Amanda Carrington that Mrs.Colby sent away with Alexis for safe-keeping. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand why Ted just threw himself out the window. That was abrupt. Was he just a crazy stalker or is there more to it than that?

I think he saw his life going nowhere but down and he decided to take Steven's budding political career down with him since Steven rebuffed him.

All this talk about Blake and Cecil’s wife having an affair has to be leading to another child lurking in the shadows.

I figured it was Monica but then again, maybe the timing doesn't work...

The thing I love about this show is how unpredictable it is--sometimes. Ted snatching off Sammy Jo's earring and then jumping out the window? Who would've seen that coming?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I figured it was Monica but then again, maybe the timing doesn't work...

You may be right. I guess I just assumed with all the talk of Cecil being locked up for 11 years following the affair accusation, that any child would be around the same age. 

• Love 1

The thing I love about this show is how unpredictable it is--sometimes. Ted snatching off Sammy Jo's earring and then jumping out the window? Who would've seen that coming?

Well, once I saw the open window, I figured someone was going out of it.  I don't really understand Ted or his motivations, so I can agree that I didn't see him killing himself as a way to frame Steven of Sammy Jo coming, because really, why would he?  Having said all that, I recall from Law and Order many years ago that the police can tell the difference between someone who jumps versus someone who was pushed based on the trajectory of the fall.

And Monica, I think even Cookie Lyon wouldn’t wear a gold lame outfit to a family member’s parole hearing.

I did wonder where she thought she was with that outfit.  Who thinks Cecil Colby is conning his kids? 

Edited by txhorns79
On 2/8/2018 at 3:52 AM, Bec said:

For a second I was seriously worried Ted was going to kill Sammy. Sammy's growing on me

I had been wondering who would "kill Ted Dinard", since Blake off'd the Original Version. Once SJ revealed the Roomie Status, I figured he was headed for the a murder trial.  I knew it wouldn't be Blake.  I don't think Grant Show could pull off the moment.  For all the commentary about the female leads and their acting abilities, he is truly the weakest link  It's like Melrose Place all over again.

I know that production costs are more affordable in Georgia, but this show sure seems to spend a lot of money on its weekly party scenes.  Nearly every week, there has been some event with 50+ extras.  Maybe they work for a paltry per diem.

I was crushed that the hot reporter does seem intended for Cristal.  I was so hoping he was going to sex up Steven.  Then again, maybe that is the end-goal and that sudden frontal assault by Mrs Carrington will fall flat and they will both laugh it off before next week's credits. (Cristal: "Still nothing?" Reporter:  "Nope, still into the penis"...Or something like that).

Also, Jeff and Monica alluded to a third (?) sibling.  Something like "Bobby" (or Bobbi?) being happy in her job (?).  I didn't bother to rewind to check the closed captions.  I recall there ended up being four siblings once The Colbys spinoff was launched (Jeff/Monica/Miles/Bliss), although I think there were multiple parental permutations involved.  And now that Cecil is freed, will he have a near fatal heart attack while sexing up Nicolette Sheridan?

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1
On 2/10/2018 at 3:04 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Also, Jeff and Monica alluded to a third (?) sibling.  Something like "Bobby" (or Bobbi?) being happy in her job (?).  I didn't bother to rewind to check the closed captions.  

Bobbi isn’t a yet-to-be-seen Colby sibling.  Bobbi is the cousin Jeff got promoted to become the new police chief after he pushed Stansfield out of that job.

On 2/10/2018 at 4:04 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

I was crushed that the hot reporter does seem intended for Cristal.  I was so hoping he was going to sex up Steven.  Then again, maybe that is the end-goal and that sudden frontal assault by Mrs Carrington will fall flat and they will both laugh it off before next week's credits. (Cristal: "Still nothing?" Reporter:  "Nope, still into the penis"...Or something like that).

Are we supposed to see Cristal as anything but a gold digger? She lied about an affair with a married man, lied about her involvement in criminal dealings, and is now kissing a man not her husband. I will give her credit for actually acting competent in a job for two episodes.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:52 AM, Bec said:

For a second I was seriously worried Ted was going to kill Sammy. Sammy's growing on me.

So glad Fallon's totally onto the Colbys. It would have been frustrating if the show dragged it out and had Fallon be fooled for a long time.

Sammy Jo's become my favorite character, next to Anders and Culhane.

I'm not sure if it was on this thread, but someone mentioned Grant Show and how bland he is. I don't think it's so much that he's bland, but that his Blake is weak. I don't buy this Blake as a cutthroat, power-hungry wheeler-dealer. His dad was right. He's almost as bland as Steven.

I'm glad Fallon found out about Jeff and Monica. I can't stop thinking of Jeff as Urkel, and Monica, while very pretty, is kind of useless.  

• Love 3

I want Steven's earlobe to become infected, leading to a head transplant (AKA a recast).

Gerard Dinnard?  Really? Are they even trying?

It's so believable (no, actually, it's not) that a 50-ish man with a gay late-20s son wouldn't be able to state LGBTQ.

Based on the promos, Alexis shows up for the March 23 episode.  I wonder if that means we get a glimpse at the end of the Wedding.  Buried under a big black hat perhaps?

I wonder if the CW will tolerate viewership as low as the dozens......

• Love 2

It's amazing to me that Fallon immediately takes Cecil Colby's word for it about all the bad things her father has done.  Even though she knows Jeff and Monica are plotting against her, she never even stops to think that Cecil might not be telling her the truth. 

I just rolled my eyes at Steven's whole storyline.  I feel like that Steven's lie about being Ted's "partner" is the kind of lie that would fall apart pretty quickly if anyone had bothered to ask even the most basic of follow up questions. 

11 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I just rolled my eyes at Steven's whole storyline.  I feel like that Steven's lie about being Ted's "partner" is the kind of lie that would fall apart pretty quickly if anyone had bothered to ask even the most basic of follow up questions. 

I thought most of the stuff about Steven and Ted was true, and left a very real paper trail. Steven was the reason Ted flew to Atlanta and the reason he stayed there. The drug abuse painted Ted as being unstable.

I really enjoyed this episode, especially the last few minutes, when Blake decided to pimp out his entire family, Steven, Cristal and Fallon.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 1

I'm calling it right now - Fallon's husband Liam will (a) not want to go through with the annulment (or at least cause problems delaying it) now that he sees what kind of money he's married into, and (b), unbeknownst to him, will turn out to be Adam (in a reveal that will coincide with Alexis' arrival at season end). 

Edited by Macktor
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Macktor said:

I'm calling it right now - Fallon's husband Liam will (a) not want to go through with the annulment (or at least cause problems delaying it) now that he sees what kind of money he's married into, and (b), unbeknownst to him, will turn out to be Adam (in a reveal that will coincide with Alexis' arrival at season end). 

Yeah, he's definitely not going to go through with the annulment. I hope Fallon made him sign some kind of pre-nup.

Seems pretty stupid that Jeff wouldn't have had the same "if we are legally married" clause in his documents. Especially after seeing it in Fallon's. 

Fallon's husband Liam will (a) not want to go through with the annulment (or at least cause problems delaying it) now that he sees what kind of money he's married into, and (b), unbeknownst to him, will turn out to be Adam (in a reveal that will coincide with Alexis' arrival at season end). 

Yeah, he's definitely not going to go through with the annulment. I hope Fallon made him sign some kind of pre-nup.

If Liam is actually Adam then the annulment won't be necessary, will it? I don't think there are any jurisdictions in the US where a marriage to your brother is legal. If he's about to become a long-lost Carrington heir he doesn't need his sister Fallon as a fake wife. But if that marriage isn't legal then does Fallon's marriage to Jeff gain validity?

• Love 2

Yep, I totally thought Liam was Adam as a wink to the original show when Adam and Fallon flirted with each other when they first met as adults.

I kind of wanted Michael to say yes to Fallon's crazy plan, but he is right. Them being together shouldn't be used as a power play to beat the Colbys.

So Granddad call ICE on Sam? I wonder how/when he will wiggle out that. 

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

f Liam is actually Adam then the annulment won't be necessary, will it? I don't think there are any jurisdictions in the US where a marriage to your brother is legal. If he's about to become a long-lost Carrington heir he doesn't need his sister Fallon as a fake wife. But if that marriage isn't legal then does Fallon's marriage to Jeff gain validity?

If Liam is Adam, he has been living all this time under another name/identity. He entered the marriage using that name (or another pseudonym as on the original he was going by the name Michael Torrance). While of course he and Fallon would have grounds to get an annulment, they would still have to get an annulment as they were legally married. Her marriage to Jeff would have been already deemed invalid as she was married to someone else at the time of their ceremony. 

Hmm, original Adam flirted with Fallon, was competitive with Steven, and just plain hated Jeff. 

Yep, I think he is Adam. Now let us see if he already knew this when he met Fallon.

• Love 2
On 3/18/2018 at 2:45 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

If Liam is actually Adam then the annulment won't be necessary, will it? I don't think there are any jurisdictions in the US where a marriage to your brother is legal. If he's about to become a long-lost Carrington heir he doesn't need his sister Fallon as a fake wife. 

Oh, yeah definitely. I guess I should have said (a) OR (b) rather than AND. And, of course, they couldn't call him Michael Torrance because then we'd all know immediately what was going to happen. Unlike what we're now doing. :-)

I don't know if Liam is Adam - I just know he's awfully cute and some fiiiine eye candy.

Something is definitely up with him, though. What was up with that lady recognizing him and him trying to play it off as nothing? (Jack? John and Laura's boy? Any of those names mean anything to original recipe Dynasty watchers?) I didn't even think about the possibility he could be Adam, I just figured he's actually from a rich family but pretending to be a regular dude. Maybe his family is richer than the Carringtons, wouldn't that be a twist? Not that it would make much sense, but since when has this show ever cared about making sense?

Wedding to the left, funeral to the right... this show is balls out crazy. I was sooo weirded out that Steven proposed to Sammy J via eulogy. But it was funny that a whole lot of people at the funeral just looked completely confused. And lol at the music sounding like something from out of The Omen to herald Alexis' arrival, complete with a wooden cross shaking until it's crooked on the wall, and birds scattering from the church tower as if frightened by something evil.

And lol at the music sounding like something from out of The Omen to herald Alexis' arrival, complete with a wooden cross shaking until it's crooked on the wall, and birds scattering from the church tower as if frightened by something evil.

Oh, I thought the cross was shaking because Steven and Sammy Jo were having vigorous sex in the adjoining room. It didn't occur to me that Alexis' arrival was supposed to be seen as ominous because I was so less than impressed by Nicolette Sheridan's appearance. She did not compare favorably to Joan Collins, IMO. To me she looked like the trailer park version of Alexis, Louboutins notwithstanding.

Maybe Liam/Adam had been adopted by another family and now he's trying to distance himself from them so he can claim his Carrington birthright.

• Love 2

I can see Liam being Adam. He looks more like he could be Blake's son than Steven does. We'll know if he is or not by whether or not Liam consumates his marriage to Fallon. I can't see the CW actually let a full-blown incest plot happen. On Riverdale, they had to cop out and make Polly and Jason like 3rd or 4th cousins or something.

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

To me she looked like the trailer park version of Alexis, Louboutins notwithstanding.

On the other hand, she looks straight out of the Real Housewives, which feels appropriate for this version of the show.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh, I thought the cross was shaking because Steven and Sammy Jo were having vigorous sex in the adjoining room.

That's probably the logical reason it was shaking. But still hilarious how it looks like the type of imagery you would get in some story about demonic evil. It was so over-the-top comically ominous with the choir music and tolling bell and everything. I love it.

• Love 1

They should have gotten Donna Mills to play Alexis. NS looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet. That aside I am so hoping that they renew this ridiculously fantastic version. 

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 1

They should have gotten Donna Mills to play Alexis. NS looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet.

Donna Mills is nearly 80!  She still looks great, but I think she might be a tad too old for this particular role. 

The episode was amusing, if not really silly.  I didn't really understand why Colhane couldn't have called his mother back during all his downtime.  I mean, it wasn't like Fallon constantly had him doing things.  

I'm not sure what to make of Alexis.  I think Nicollete Sheridan is a decent actress (nothing incredible, but not terrible either).  I agree that she looks kind of rough, particularly for a role like this which I think requires a little more glamour and refinement.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, missbonnie said:

They should have gotten Donna Mills to play Alexis. NS looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet. That aside I am so hoping that they renew this ridiculously fantastic version. 

Although, I think she could definitely play that role, she is too old for Blake (Grant Show).  They are like 20 years apart.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, missbonnie said:

Donna Mills is too old to play the kids' mother. Grandmother would be fine as she and NS did work together on Knots Landing. Honestly if Heather Locklear hasn't been in downward spiral, I would have loved to have seen her play Alexis.

For a moment, I thought all the calls that Michael was getting from "Mom" would turn out to be Alexis but I happy that I was wrong.

Still continue to believe and be happy if/when Liam is revealed to be Adam. Nice eye candy and he is charming on the show. Plus, he has not slept with Fallon yet, so here's hoping.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I'm not sure what to make of Alexis.  I think Nicollete Sheridan is a decent actress (nothing incredible, but not terrible either).  I agree that she looks kind of rough, particularly for a role like this which I think requires a little more glamour and refinement.  

Maybe she will become more glamours and refined as the series continues, if they are picked up for a 2nd season.  I've always loved Nicollette and I must admit her first full episode wasn't as strong as I hoped, but she was entertaining.  And we can't expect her character to be a carbon copy of Joan Collins.  She's not.  I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.  Hopefully it will be a good one.  

• Love 2