Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

Bort

I think Nicollette will put her stamp on the character as time goes on.  I guess she was a country girl that has fallen on hard times in recent years, hence the rode hard look that she is sporting.

That said, Alexis in the original was already posh and elegant when she first arrived so her climb to the top wasn't as satisfying and I think the new showrunner took note of that hence her losing the house, but keeping the former art studio/stable as her place to live.  So I do agree with an above poster that I think she will have those rough edges smoothed out if there is a second season.

Also, I lost all sympathy for Fallon the moment she was sporting the gun and shooting objects around the house.  She is crazy and needs some serious psychological help... and I'm wondering why Blake drove off Alexis all those years ago.

12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

To me she looked like the trailer park version of Alexis, Louboutins notwithstanding.

Given what we learned this evening, truer words were never spoken! :-)

• Love 4

we can't expect her character to be a carbon copy of Joan Collins.

In this new Dynasty universe Krystle is now a Latina, Sammy Jo is a man, and Jeff Colby is Black so at this point I doubt anyone was expecting the new Alexis to be just like Joan's version. But we already had Blake's second wife portraying someone who was not to the manor born, as it were. It seems like overkill to me that his first wife is also actually poor. One can only imagine what they'll do to switch up Dominique Devereaux. ?

Given what we learned this evening, truer words were never spoken! :-)

When they revealed that trailer I almost fell out of my chair!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

Donna Mills is too old to play the kids' mother. Grandmother would be fine as she and NS did work together on Knots Landing. Honestly if Heather Locklear hasn't been in downward spiral, I would have loved to have seen her play Alexis.

Holy fright, I agree. I just looked her up and she is much older than I thought she was! Yikes! I agree that Heather Locklear would have been great if she wasn't such a trainwreck IRL.

• Love 1

Also, I lost all sympathy for Fallon the moment she was sporting the gun and shooting objects around the house.  She is crazy and needs some serious psychological help... and I'm wondering why Blake drove off Alexis all those years ago.

Yeah, I had no idea what they were thinking with that moment.  Fallon randomly shooting up the room like a crazy person isn't clever or daring writing.  It just makes her look like she needs to be committed. 

• Love 1

I thought it was hilarious myself. Am I the only one who doesn't get the camp appeal of this show? I mean, I am 57 and I watched the original Dynasty from the start clear up to the ridiculous Moldavian massacre before I lost interest. THIS show is so much over the top camp it is highly entertaining to me. I would have been disappointed if Fallon HADN'T come in shooting. She's my absolute favorite character. I love the snark and the over the top stuff she pulls. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

......can only imagine what they'll do to switch up Dominique Devereaux. ........

Hmmm.  Maybe that is Michael Culhane's *Mom*.  Though she may not be his bio-Mom, to help us avoid Sexing Up Your Cousin ick.  

Seems logically, especially since Anders was involved, and he seems to live and breathe Everything Carrington.

Future week episode descriptions seem to lead to more Culhane Mystery.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I can see Liam being Adam.

It will only be worthwhile if he also sexes up Sam.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, missbonnie said:

I thought it was hilarious myself. Am I the only one who doesn't get the camp appeal of this show? I mean, I am 57 and I watched the original Dynasty from the start clear up to the ridiculous Moldavian massacre before I lost interest. THIS show is so much over the top camp it is highly entertaining to me. I would have been disappointed if Fallon HADN'T come in shooting. She's my absolute favorite character. I love the snark and the over the top stuff she pulls. 

My favorite Fallon line from this episode -- "I don't say things that I don't mean, unless it's sorry."  The campier the better, AFAIC!

I'm not a fan of Nicolette Sheridan's Alexis either, or that she's channeling a trashier Stiffler's Mom. I wish they had cast someone with more chemistry with Blake, to make it even believable for a millisecond that younger, hotter Cristal had legitimate cause for worry. It would have been awesome if they had cast Elizabeth Hurley, who's currently Joan Collins's daughter on the Royals.

22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But we already had Blake's second wife portraying someone who was not to the manor born, as it were. It seems like overkill to me that his first wife is also actually poor.

Yes to this. Because it's hard to believe that Blake would have had merged his finances with Cristal if he had married a "gold-digger" before, and it's also difficult to see how conservative snobby grandpa Carrington would have formed a close bond with Alexis....unless they reveal that Fallon is actually Blake's half-sister or something equally OTT.  (Pure speculation on how campy they can go)

Selling the Chagall should set Alexis up quite nicely.

• Love 1

But I don't Alexis is supposed to be trailer trash. Yes, she is living in a trailer now because she ran out of money, but we found out that her father originally owned the land where the Carrington estate now lies and Blake's father bought it for their wedding.

Yeah, even though Alexis is literally living in a trailer, she's not trailer trash. She's old money. Her family owned the estate that is currently Carrington estate. If anything, the show seems to be indicating that the Carringtons were the new money up-starts to Alexis's family. Alexis's father tried to shoot Blake when he sexing her up in her family's stable etc.

I don't know if they are quite saying Alexis is old money.  I think they said the land where the Carrington Estate is now used to belong to Alexis' family.  That could mean anything in terms of their wealth. 

"Old money" is less about actual wealth than status. The trope of the formerly wealthy family that has fallen into hard times but still gives the impression - and maintains the arrogance - of status is common enough. There are enough indicators ---- her family owning the not-inconsiderable estate, the story of her teenage years that sound inspired from Gossip Girl, a father who chased Blake Carrington out of his land with a shot-gun... even her friendship with Papa Carrington, a consummate snob and bigot, is also a good indicator of her family's status. 

The parent who chases boys away from their daughter with a shotgun is a hillbilly cliche.  It happened on The Beverly Hillbillies with enough regularity to make that clear.  As to the land, my point was that for all we know, when Alexis' family had it, it wasn't particularly valuable.  Now, you may be entirely right, I'm just noting the situation doesn't necessarily only read one way. 

Has everyone forgotten where this reboot Dynasty takes place? Odds are the land the estate sits on was formerly a plantation. So, I'm not going to get all agonized over whether Alexis descended from poor farmers or shabby gentility. Either way they were likely beneficiaries of a system that destroyed many generations enslaved people and their families. So wah if Alexis is now doing, IMO, a descent imitation of trailer trash who back in the day with Blake had become accustomed to the fabulously-rich life. Just like Cristal and Sammy Jo are currently doing.

• Love 2

The answer to the question of whether Alexis came from a wealthy family or not is unknown at this point. But several posters seemed to have assumed that land ownership = wealth and wealth = higher social status and greater allowance for benefit of the doubt. I don't think that's necessarily true, especially given where this show takes place. I'm amused at how much offense seems to get taken at the notion that Alexis might be descended from people who weren't high society even if they did own some land. I mean, look at her. She walks the walk and talks the talk and wears the right fashion labels and knows how to spend money like she doesn't have to worry how the bills will get paid.

It's not like if her property was returned to the families of former slaves. It passed from one white dude to another white dude. 

Returned? There's no reason to assume there ever was such ownership except mostly in a brief period during Reconstruction. I'm not talking about that unless the show is going to go there, which I doubt and will be very surprised if they are. (Though it remains to be seen how Dominque Devereaux will fit into all this if they cast her as Black again. I think it's telling that the new Colbys are of direct African descent as opposed to African American.)

Anyways, I was speaking to the "old money" versus "hillbilly" debate. IMO, either way, Alexis' land ownership (and again this version of Blake's) is likely tainted by history. I think they're all well-dressed trash.

I honestly can't remember what Alexis was in the original

Not super wealthy, but I always felt her family had some money. Granted, I'm assuming boarding schools in Gstaad aren't cheap...plus, given all the implying about how Alexis, Cassie, Sable, and Frankie all seemed to hang out with the Colbys and Carringtons in their youth says they weren't doing badly, financially.

Didn't they say that Blake's father bought up Alexis's family's land and all the land around it? So it could have been a small plot of land and the Carrington's added to it to make the current estate. I feel like they could go in several directions with her if they wanted to.

Not super wealthy, but I always felt her family had some money.

I'm embarrassed I can speak about this, but having watched some clips of her early appearances on YouTube, Joseph tries to blackmail, or at least humble, Alexis into going away by saying that he kept scrapbooks of embarrassing newspaper clippings essentially tracking how she was a party girl throughout Europe after the divorce from Blake.  In terms of the character, she still seemed to have money, and Joan Collins probably gave Alexis more refinement just from the way she played her.  I feel like Nicollette Sheridan is a trashier version of the character, like even if you gave Alexis a large mansion and lots of money, she'd still seem trashy.     

(edited)
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

I feel like Nicollette Sheridan is a trashier version of the character, like even if you gave Alexis a large mansion and lots of money, she'd still seem trashy.  

She's Real Housewives Bravo version of the character, which makes sense.

My guess is that Alexis is like Kathryn Dennis on Southern Charm- her family has/had a large plantation and a respected name, but not enough cashflow and a house that looked like it was falling apart.  But they're able to trade on a good name. That kind of thing seems really important in the South, but the show itself really doesn't seem to go much into what Southern culture is like.

Didn't certain parts of Atlanta suburbs just explode in popularity? It could be assumed that somewhere in the 1970's or 1980's, the Carringtons were able to snatch up Alexis' family farm, and used part of it for them and part of it to build new sprawling subdivisions.

Edited by methodwriter85

I'm embarrassed I can speak about this, but having watched some clips of her early appearances on YouTube, Joseph tries to blackmail, or at least humble, Alexis into going away by saying that he kept scrapbooks of embarrassing newspaper clippings essentially tracking how she was a party girl throughout Europe after the divorce from Blake.  In terms of the character, she still seemed to have money, and Joan Collins probably gave Alexis more refinement just from the way she played her.  I feel like Nicollette Sheridan is a trashier version of the character, like even if you gave Alexis a large mansion and lots of money, she'd still seem trashy.     

That was a great scene.

The post-divorce jet setting in the original was probably financed by her divorce deal from Blake. I think they mentioned she was getting half a million dollars a year from Blake?

But yeah, Joan Collins probably did give Alexis 1.0 a more refined sense of character. We'll see where things go with Nicollete's version.

Original Recipe Alexis was them daughter of a hat maker.... who may or may not have had a Royal Warrant but whom Alexis rather grandly reminded Joseph was a hatter 'by appointment, to his Majesty the King.  Very special hats, Joseph.  So put that on your tedious head and wear it.'

Blake drove her off with a yearly payment of $250,000.   So she'd been paid $4 million by the time she reappeared in original Dynasty sixteen years after her original exile.  Would have been a fair amount of money when you consider it started rolling in in the late 1960s.

• Love 1

The good news is, Dynasty has been officially renewed for a second season! There was also a slight uptick in ratings, which they attribute to Alexis's return, so now I am excited about all the possibilities for her character and where it could go. I love how this discussion is showing how little we do know about her origins - so much to discover!

I was pretty much hoping for the same oomph that Joan Collins brought in to the role, and from what we've seen so far of Nicolette Sheridan falls short (for me). As if she's a character wandering in from another show. As @methodwriter85 points out, she's like the Real Housewives version. Tonally, it's not making sense for me just yet as the mother of Fallon or precursor to Cristal. (I also had problems seeing how Blake fell in love with Cristal, other than for plot purposes.) Original Recipe Alexis was The Badass in every scene, which is why it was exciting to see Dominque Devereaux introduced, so they could tear up the set together. Here, Fallon's The Badass, and so far Alexis doesn't even come close. She needs to be the Mother of All Badassery.

It also doesn't help that Joan Collins is still being her fabulous self on The Royals, so the comparison is fresher for me. Even if her daughter--Elizabeth Hurley's character--is a badass, she still falls in line (without losing her badassery) every time Joan Collin's character sweeps in. So it can be done.

On another note, Anders better be digging up files on Mr. Fallon Carrington as he did on Cristal.

On 4/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think it's telling that the new Colbys are of direct African descent as opposed to African American.

I'm hoping that with the license to go for a second season, the writers will explore this more. I did appreciate the tension between Culhane--who is African American-- and Colby, and the depth they gave Monica Colby for a hot second when she was talking about the stereotype of her father being in prison. I don't remember the specifics, but it was one of one of those moments that revealed this show's huge potential to provide incisive social commentary under all the glitz and hairpulling fights. Certainly the deliberately diverse casting and setting in Atlanta enables storylines about race, class and sexuality in today's world to a greater extent than a straight up reboot could have done.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Macktor said:

That kiss tonight - and the loft discussion - seals it. If Liam is not Adam, I will eat my shoulder pads. 

If Liam IS Adam, I will vomit. That kiss! That look she gave him afterwards!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

If Liam IS Adam, I will vomit. That kiss! That look she gave him afterwards!

They kissed on the original show and it was used later to explain one of Fallon's breakdown. 

Now I am wondering what kind of hippie-weirdos had Liam/Adam, because I definitely think it's him. There was a reason why there was no sex between them and Liam took the blame.

The only twist I could see is if Liam isn't Adam, but will pretend to be Adam.  In the original, there was question if Adam was really the son of Alexis and Blake.. and Blake's initial doubt was one of the reasons Blake vs Adam came into play.  However, these show-runners lack imagination and also act like they have Attention Deficit Disorder with the break neck speed that they are going with the plots.  

I'd rather Steven had not found out that Alexis was trying to frame Sammy Jo... and I'd like for once for Fallon not to come out on top.. she smirks too much.

Also, I think Blake and Alexis have more chemistry then Blake and Cristal.

Fallon's nastiness clearly comes from both sides of her gene pool. Alexis is a piece of work. The way she tried to go after Sammy Jo was uncalled for.  And what was that getup she was wearing? She looked like Justin Timberlake circa the 2001 American Music Awards.

For every strained Eggs Benedict reference this show can casually toss out one to Grey Gardens. Sorta impressive but boy the writers seem to work hard to come up with those too clever punch lines, especially for Fallon and Sammy Jo.

I really liked Fallon's engagement party dress. Alexis OTOH was giving me a strong Maleficent/Evil Queen vibe. Guess that may have been deliberate.

Per Alexis' story, if Liam is Adam then he needs to be older than Steven. The actor doesn't look it and, per the interwebs, the actor playing Liam is indeed a couple of years younger than the one playing Steven. Hmm.

Whatever, Alexis' tale of woe sounded like it might be a shady ploy to get money and sympathy out of Steven. Hopefully he'll think to run it by Blake or Anders before he starts funding her search.

Re The Kiss: dear writers, just remember that this is Dynasty and not Game of Thrones. Don't even hint at anything more between Fallon and Liam/Adam just because TV is a lot edgier now than it was in the 80s.

• Love 1

You guys are sure that Liam is Adam but Joimiaroxeu, do you think they'll still go for incest relationship when they learn the truth? Do you think the identity of Adam is revealed this season?

You guys are sure that Liam is Adam but Joimiaroxeu, do you think they'll still go for incest relationship when they learn the truth?

No, not really. This is the CW and not HBO. ;-)

I think a lot depends on whether Liam knows he's Adam. If he does then I'm pretty confident the show won't go there. But if he doesn't know, and Fallon starts developing an itch that needs scratching (she seems to be between lovers at the moment) it could be suggested if not shown. Either way, once the shocking news comes out that Liam is Adam (because of course, right?), then there definitely won't be any Cersei & Jaime foulness going on.

Do you think the identity of Adam is revealed this season?

Yikes, who knows? This show seems to move plot points along at whiplash-inducing speeds. Now that it's been renewed for a second season the showrunners might be smarter to leave it as a cliffhanger.

So is the idea here that Steven is really, really dumb?  Besides the ridiculousness of Steven buying that his mother nearly had his fiancee jailed because she was scared of losing him, he's offering her money to find Adam before he even confirms his mother's story. 

Yikes, who knows? This show seems to move plot points along at whiplash-inducing speeds. Now that it's been renewed for a second season the showrunners might be smarter to leave it as a cliffhanger.

At the rate the show is going, I presume this season's cliffhanger will be the Moldavian Massacre. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I gotta say I'm loving the CW's take on Dynasty. It's a mindless and sequined and glittery thoroughfare. Elizabeth Gillies carries this show on her insanely pretty shoulders but everyone else plays their position quite well also. I didn't think I'd enjoy it but I do. 

Also just wanted to add my two cents Re: Liam being Adam. I think the show dropped a few huge anvils in the last episode what with that GOT reference right before Liam and Fallon kissed but I was thinking that Alexis' story about Adam was a little too convenient almost? She's manipulating Steven and playing him like a fiddle; he's about the kick her out of his life and the loft and all of a sudden she comes up with a sob story about a long lost son and how tracking him down is the reason she's out of money? I smell a con. 

And when she asked Steven if he thought she should continue looking for Adam, if felt leading to me on her part. 

Now that's not to say I don't think something is up with Liam and of course, he could totally be Adam but I don't completely trust Alexis's story either. And I find it very hard to believe that Blake of all people would give up the search for his kidnapped son without proof of a body. 

I also think it's possible Alexis and Liam are working together. It's very coincidental that Liam drops into Fallon's life right before Alexis re-enters it.

In the last episode, I think that it's possible Liam was the one who purposely mixed up the drinks and not Fallon. After her run-in with Cullhane, he was standing right next to the drinks reminding her that it was time to carry out her plan.

Then before you knew it, Sammy Jo was the one who was drugged. Fallon immediately assumed she mixed up the drinks cause she was distracted by Cullhane which of course would've been a bit of convenient luck for Liam if he was trying to undermine her attempts at taking down her mother. 

So I don't know, I might be giving the show a little more credit than it deserves; but Liam=Adam might not be as open and shut as we're expecting. 

Lol or it might be! Either way, it'll be a fun soapy mess. 

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 4

In the original, Adam was going to be a fake but they loved Gordon Thomas so much that after the first year, they switched years and made him real Adam.

As for this show, Liam/Adam may or may not be a fake, but I like the actor and his interactions with the other characters so I want him to be real Adam. We know that there is something off about his background. At the funeral, he was confused by another person and he played it off as mistaken identity. Extremely smoothly. And the people that raised were weirdo hippies.

Now I do think that Alexis used her missing son in order to get back with Steven. Steven was always a mama's boy and he continued to have a relationship with his mother after she was vanished by Blake.

What would be clever is if Alexis hired Liam to be around Fallon/pretending to be Adam, but he really is Adam after all is said and done.

As for Michael, I glad the truth about his former job was revealed. His parents didn't seem the type that would be disappointed if they knew the truth. And he was being paid 6 figures driving the Carringtons. But now Blake did some hinky business that caused Michael's dad illness.

As for Michael, I glad the truth about his former job was revealed. His parents didn't seem the type that would be disappointed if they knew the truth. And he was being paid 6 figures driving the Carringtons.

I never understood that storyline.  Did his parents literally never ask any follow up questions when Michael told them about his job?  Did they never ask to see his home?  His office?  Do they not have a computer that accesses the internet?   

(edited)
On 4/7/2018 at 8:45 PM, txhorns79 said:

At the rate the show is going, I presume this season's cliffhanger will be the Moldavian Massacre. 

Maybe next year we can see Cristal tossing plates like frisbees or Sam and a recast Fallon with an inexplicable British accent mudfighting.

Anyway, I was going to say that it is weird to realize that Blake Carrington is now young enough to have played with Legos as a little boy, but then I looked it up and checked. Modern Legos have been around since 1958. For some reason I always associated those toys with the 70's and I thought that meant that Blake was a Gen Xer instead of the end stage Baby Boomer I thought he was. Still it's kind of funny to think that Blake went from someone who would have had their childhood somewhere in the 1920's or 1930's to the 1960's at the earliest.

16 hours ago, nilyank said:

What would be clever is if Alexis hired Liam to be around Fallon/pretending to be Adam, but he really is Adam after all is said and done.

That would be clever, but I'm really torn about this. I want Liam to be Adam, but I also want Adam and Fallon to be together. And if there is some scam, I also feel annoyed at how so many soapy dramas seem to be ignoring DNA tests purely so they can still do "fake con artist pretends to be someone else" or "Who's Your Daddy?" plots. I do feel like this Blake would pretty much have any person claiming to be Adam undergo a DNA test.

It's funny if you look at Adam Huber's Instagram because he's getting comments that seem to be either about how he's Adam or how they don't want him to be Adam purely for shipping him with Fallon. (I do feel like Fallon's OTP still seems to be Mike in this version. It's sure as hell not Jeff.)

I may or may not have burst out into pretend Broadway singing while being drunk or high on something, so Sam's Dolly induced performance was pretty hilarious. Also, on a shallow note, I really like how Sam looks when his hair is just combed flat and more natural-looking like it was in the shop scene as opposed to his usual pompadour.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I may or may not have burst out into pretend Broadway singing while being drunk or high on something, so Sam's Dolly induced performance was pretty hilarious. Also, on a shallow note, I really like how Sam looks when his hair is just combed flat and more natural-looking like it was in the shop scene as opposed to his usual pompadour.

This is the first scene of the reboot that I found inspiring. It had nothing to do with the original series, and little to do with any particular ongoing machination (but of course is anchored to the "dolly" plot). It seemed an excuse to have Rafael de La Fuente strut his Broadway-caliber musical talents, and it just worked, especially for those familiar with Hair, and how that scene arises in that production (i.e., quite similarly to how it did here - though absent the "dolly"). This is an example of starting from somewhere familiar, but going somewhere new and different. That's interesting. Merely retreading plots done better decades ago isn't.

I’ve seen some comments (including on AH’s insta) with folks wailing about incest and Game of Thrones comparisons. I think it’s pretty clear that Fallon and Liam have not consummated their marriage and all we’ve seen is that kiss last week, which follows original recipe Dynasty and is definitely encouraging the speculation. 

11 hours ago, Macktor said:

I’ve seen some comments (including on AH’s insta) with folks wailing about incest and Game of Thrones comparisons. I think it’s pretty clear that Fallon and Liam have not consummated their marriage and all we’ve seen is that kiss last week, which follows original recipe Dynasty and is definitely encouraging the speculation. 

Yeah, it's pretty funny. If they consummate the marriage, we can all assume he's definitely NOT Adam. There are some lines the CW won't cross, and this is one of them.

It would be hilarious though if Liam was intended to be Adam, but the CW switched gears because of the Fallon/Liam shippers that seem to be gathering troops and strength right now.

Edited by methodwriter85

If Liam is Adam, then wouldn't that make the marriage with Fallon void? And it was that marriage that negated the marriage with Jeff. So wouldn't that un-negate the voiding of Jeff/Fallon's wedding? (Calgon, take me awayyyy!!!)

8 minutes ago, worleybird said:

If Liam is Adam, then wouldn't that make the marriage with Fallon void?

It makes the marriage illegal, but it doesn’t automatically void it. They’d still have to get an annulment. 

41 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

It makes the marriage illegal, but it doesn’t automatically void it. They’d still have to get an annulment. 

And since the marriage between Jeff and Fallon was never legal due to her prior marriage, it doesn't automatically become legal when she annuls her marriage to Liam. She had always planned to annul that marriage.

So, after falling behind after episode 4, I finally got back to binge-watching the 14 episodes I've missed. Yeah, this show isn't great, but it still has its charms. 

On 10/04/2018 at 12:52 PM, worleybird said:

If Liam is Adam, then wouldn't that make the marriage with Fallon void? And it was that marriage that negated the marriage with Jeff. So wouldn't that un-negate the voiding of Jeff/Fallon's wedding? (Calgon, take me awayyyy!!!)

It would certainly make things interesting, but from what I quickly researched on Georgia marriage laws, it's illegal, but not technically void. If Liam is Adam and is aware that he's Adam, then that could certainly get him thrown into jail. I would find it most interesting if Liam was a con artist and was hired to con the Carringtons, but had no idea about his biological relations to the Carrington clan. As in, whoever kidnapped Adam at a young age had him taught to be a con artist, but was never told about his Carrington name. Maybe him and his "parents" have been conning rich people for years, hence why the awkward funeral scene with that woman recognizing him as Jack. I'd like there to be more complications behind this likely Liam is Adam scenario, and him not knowing about being Adam would be different. But I would be entertained for him to be Adam, as the actor is quite charming in the role and he has a good rapport with the characters he's interacted with. 

Alexis is certainly a handful as well. I completely buy that she'd lie to Steven about the real reason for the disappearance of the money by using her first son against him. It would be smart thinking, especially since Steven adores Alexis and is completely open to be manipulated by her. The Carrington family is definitely really screwed up, that's for sure. I don't blame Blake for being competely closed off, but he's also just as bad as she is. We just haven't seen enough of Alexis' manipulations and the real reason Blake fought hard for her to lose custody. 

Seriously, why does everyone call Michael by his last name? It's not even a last name that flows off the tongue properly. If his name was Cullane or something, then it would work better. But Culhane sounds like you're trying to spew two different last names at the same time. 

On 4/14/2018 at 7:59 PM, Lady Calypso said:

But I would be entertained for him to be Adam, as the actor is quite charming in the role and he has a good rapport with the characters he's interacted with. 

Adam or not, they'd be stupid to let him go because Liam seems to be the first male character the the fans have had any kind of reaction to. They tried giving Sammy Joe the hunk treatment and it didn't quite work.

• Love 1

Thank goodness Jack Liam Ridley Louden isn't Adam Carrington.  I'm looking forward to the new addition to the Carrington family.

Any word on casting?  This show needs a desperate injection of testosterone.

Edited by sugarbaker design
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Thank goodness Jack Liam Ridley Louden isn't Adam Carrington.  I'm looking forward to the new addition to the Carrington family.

We don't know that. We just have hints that he is part of a wealthy, dysfunctional family. Meanwhile Steven is following clues trying to find Adam.

In the original, Adam didn't know that he was being raised by his kidnappers until a deathbed confession from the woman that he thought was his grandmother.

Dumb move of Alexis burning up the manuscript which would have given her some clues about the guy that she is super-suspicious of. 

Alexis has decided to join forces with Jeff. That also tracks in the original when Alexis ends up running Colbyco.

22 minutes ago, nilyank said:

We don't know that. 

Not a fact, just my opinion.  I would be willing to bet on it though.  While this season as a whole has been mildly  successful, some of the characters are definitely not working out (like Jeff Colby), and as I already posted, Jack/Liam is not the shot of blue collar testosterone this show desperately needs.  I hope there are changes to the season two cast.

3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

This show needs a desperate injection of testosterone.

There is a 6:2 m:f ratio in the cast. I don't know if Alexis is main or recurring, but if she were a main cast, that would make it a 6:3 ratio. 

And let's say we're not counting the hot black men as "testerone", that's still a 4:2 / 4:3 m:f ration. 

On 4/18/2018 at 8:13 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Liam seems to be the first male character the the fans have had any kind of reaction to.

Big surprise. He's white and straight. 

I kind of love that Liam's big secret is that he's really a rich boy who was pretending to be poor. That reminds me of the episode of Sweet Valley High where Lila pretends she's poor.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

For me, Michael was the first man on this show I actually liked, but Liam is the second. All the other men suck, mostly because of the actors who play them. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of a couple of the men and replaced them for season two. Mostly, Jeff and Sam. Unfortunately for me, we're likely not getting rid of Steven, though I do wish for a recast. 

I still am not off the Liam is Adam train. I still stand by my theory above that Liam is a con artist, but has targeted plenty of rich people over the years. Though the journalism angle DOES make my theory less plausible. But the Liam is Jack Lowden stuff felt like it came out of nowhere, mostly because the reveal and subsequent aftermath was so quick. Also, the actor didn't make Liam/Jack act like he was some devious evil con artist. I know he basically said at the end that the book's about his dysfunctional wealthy family, but it feels like there's more to it, and I doubt this is the end of Liam, anyway. I'm just trying to piece together a new theory if Liam is Adam. Though, maybe he really isn't and the real Adam Carrington will show up by the finale.

Blake's a pretty big asshole. This season is just wondering why anyone would marry the guy. Cristal may not be the best woman out there and she certainly knew what she was probably getting into, but Blake's pretty despicable. If Alexis and Cristal could set aside their differences, they really would find a common ground with Blake as the enemy.

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

For me, Michael was the first man on this show I actually liked, but Liam is the second. All the other men suck, mostly because of the actors who play them. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of a couple of the men and replaced them for season two. Mostly, Jeff and Sam. Unfortunately for me, we're likely not getting rid of Steven, though I do wish for a recast. 

Despite Alexis/Nicolette, who is, I must admit, quite brilliant, the show is still barely watchable. They re-casted Steven in the original, he kinda had a plastic surgery after some explosion, as far as I remember, so this could be a possibility (but will not happen). The biggest problem of the show is miscasting. Besides Alexis, both women Fallon and Crystal are alright. But the rest of the cast is just horrible, I have no clue what are they doing on my TV screen, and the writing is truly bad. 

Edited by skotnikov
  • Love 2