Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E22: Blond Ambition

Honestly, blonde witch's reasons for screwing with Juliet were so much lamer this time around that the whole episode failed. There was literally no reason to bang Nick.

I like Claire the actress, because she was great on GH and is funny as heck with her football comments, but the character is lame and sucks. Plus, after what happened season two, 'zomg you slept with blonde witch after she polyjuiced into me' is stupid.

Trouble or whatever her stupid name is playing 'I Have a Secret' after she saw the switch was stupid, too.

It got better after that, but that is like saying eating chillimac is better than eating cow chips. True, but barely so.

So, how much you want to bet that Nick will decide, at least temporarily, that he doesn't want to regain his Grimmness?  Given what's been done to them, and Juliette finally reaching her breaking point, all the talk about his parents death/fake death and mom's re-entrance into his life.  I hope it doesn't last long though.  And of course, he'll have to regain his powers or they'd be no show.  Unless they really want to change things and have it now be all about Truble.

ETA: I give the writers kudos for not having Nick and Juliette continue their discussion and issues in the wedding like so many shows would have done.  They kept the wedding about Monroe and Rosalee, well until Truble came in.

• Love 4

So Nick bleeds on her and Adalind loses her powers.   But she has to have sex with Nick to takes his.   Have fun with that one Freud.

I'm okay with Theresa playing "I've got a secret."   For years she was told she was crazy and seeing things.   She just recently was told she was a Grimm.  She thought she saw 2 Juliette's, it's not surprising she reverted to thinking she was crazy than talk to someone.  

At least we got the vows and the kiss before all hell broke lose.   And I will forgive that (somewhat) just for the scene outside the bridal shop when they are looking at the replacement dress.   Rosalee on hearing the price says they can't afford it.   Without hesitation, Daddy Monroe says We can.   And he meant it.   Cliched and schmaltzy I know, but I love stuff like that.

See what happens when Renard gets off the phone?   He gets shot.   

Now Wu knows something is up.   He is going to demand answers and quick.   But first they have to unwhammy Nick.   So that is 3 season finales, 3 whammies:  1 Juliette in a coma, 2 Nick as a zombie (and wouldn't it have been nice if his zombie powers resisted the spell to lose his Grimm powers) and 3 Nick depowered.   C'mon writers come up with a new way to end the season.

• Love 4

Is Grimm about to become Charmed season 8 (the season with Billie and her sister)? Because... no. No. I don't even like this show. My parents watch it so I catch bits and pieces of it and I mainly make fun of how bad it is but no good can come of this.

Copied from TWoP

hated the drunk sister destroys the wedding dress bit but, it was so ugly, that I forgive them. Rosalee looked really pretty in the new wedding dress.

I'm really liking Truble I hope she's around next season. I going to assume Renard survives so I'm not worried about that. Looking forward to Wu's storyline next season, I'm glad he found out (again).

• Love 6
(edited)

I will just keep remembering Monroe telling drunk remorseful sister that he and Juliette hated the dress anyway. By next season, the rest will all be a blur.

I'm tellin' ya, guys, they don't call her Trouble for nothin'.

That was the most watchable decapitation I've ever seen.

Juliette looked at Nick in the car like she was sorry for what she had said about the Grimm stuff being too much for her. Kind of like when it snowed this morning and I kept thinking that if I hadn't taken my show shovel out of my car trunk it wouldn't have.

I too am so glad they at least got through the vows.

Monroe's dad's speech was lovely too.

But then Nick's nightmare about the wedding came to pass in spite of the sunglasses.

Even if Trouble had heard about the sunglasses dress requirement for grimms at the wedding, I can understand why she might not have thought of bringing some at that moment.

Nick's gonna have some 'splainin' to do regarding the crime scene in his house. I'm guessing Trouble will take the fall and will either leave town or go live in the trailer.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Agreed on poor Wu - what an awful way to find out that your friends were hiding something from you. That said, wouldn't Wu know that Nick and Hank were at Monroe's wedding? I know he's not tight with Monroe, but I was a bit surprised that he had no idea they were at a wedding. Wouldn't that be something co-workers might converse about?

• Love 2

Considering their histories with Adalind, the whole idea of Juliet and Renard NOT catching on to what was happening, especially Juliet's reaction to Nick's 'cheating' required them to behave too far out of character for me to accept. And Nick had to have realized that something was off about Adalind-as-Juliet. I will give the actress credit, though. She had Adalind's manner down pretty well.

• Love 5

So glad the show writers heard our complaints about Rosalee's frumpy ugly dress! Also kudos for getting through the ceremony. I was waiting for Nick to pass out or double over in pain. Adalind really has a bewitching snatch, huh? My theory was that she'd get pregnant and barter Nick's baby for Diana (glad I was wrong - no more babies show!) I literally gasped out loud, "Oh no, the books!" when Wu was upstairs. Yay Trubel's still around!

My hope for next season is for Wu to be in the loop and damn pissed. Renard to survive. And Trubel teaming up with Mama Grimm to help Nick. I bet he'll try an episode or two as a normal but will almost be killed by a Wesen. Oh yeah, next season NO MORE ROYALS. Sorry Alexis, love ya but zzzz...

• Love 2

See what happens when Renard gets off the phone?   He gets shot. 

Love that!    At least we didn't get that cutesy card at the end of the show "to be continued...sorry."

I'm just glad they realized early on that Nick was un-Grimm.  God, they could've dragged that out for while yet.

I could've sworn Bitsie pronounced some words differently as Adalind as Juliette.  Something she said seemed to have a flatter "a" pronunciation.

And DAMN.  We still haven't learned what Monroe's full name is.  Officiator is about to announce Mr. & Mrs....and Tribble runs in, screaming for Nick.  Thanks, Tribble.  That's the trouble with tribbles.

• Love 4

My theory was that she'd get pregnant and barter Nick's baby for Diana (glad I was wrong - no more babies show!)

Gack! Bite your tongue! It could still happen.

And DAMN.  We still haven't learned what Monroe's full name is.  Officiator is about to announce Mr. & Mrs....and Tribble runs in, screaming for Nick.  Thanks, Tribble.  That's the trouble with tribbles.

Huh. In the Pilot he was listed as Eddie Monroe, so I just thought Monroe was his last name that he used as his only name. But you might be right. Maybe he's like The Virginian.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post: Hank giving away Rosalee was squee worthy.

I don't want Renard to die, but that blood he coughed into the oxygen mask didn't look too healthy, so, I have to ask: Is Nick in line to be the new captain?

In the Pilot he was listed as Eddie Monroe, so I just thought Monroe was his last name

But it was "I, Rosalee, take thee, Monroe..." as though it's his first name.  My theory is his parents are fans of the fifth President and his middle name is James...his name is Monroe James Monroe, so he sounds like Bond introducing himself.  OK. I need a life.

• Love 7
(edited)

Disappointing finale; a fitting end to a disappointing season. I cannot believe that big finale twist that writers came up with is Adalind taking away Nick's Grimmness through a sex-related spell. It is not much different from when she used a sex-related spell to ensorcell Hank. So basically Adalind has had sex with Hank, Nick, Renard, and Renard's brother. This is all she is good for? She was supposed to be a smart lawyer. Now she can only use sex to get what she wants? Come on...

Anyway, thank goodness for Teresa who is wonderfully badass and the wacky wedding. Rosalee looked stunning in her new dress. I cheered when her sister destroyed the ugly grandma dress. I am glad that Wu is closer to finding out the truth. He should have a larger role.

Of course, there is no chance of Renard dying. He will live to be useless for yet another season. And no doubt annoying Adalind will be back.

Straight up, next season if Teresa is not a regular cast member, I am done with Grimm. I just cannot deal with another repetitive season of a tedious Adalind and useless Renard.

Edited by SimoneS

Trubel rocked that machete. I'm glad she heard me shouting "Pick up the machete!" :-D

Yeah, glad that Rosalee and Monroe got through the ceremony. I so hope Renard survives. Maybe he'll be in ICU for a bit then tell the gang where to get the stuff Nick needs.

Could Adalind get sucked through the plane toilet and be flushed out, falling to Earth in a big chunk of blue ice which lands on Prince what's his face?

• Love 1

HOLY SHIT! That was awesome and super fucked up in many ways. 

I am going to be so upset if Renard is dead. 

Adalind is a completely unfun hateable villain now, what with being two-time rapist and all. Awful. Just awful. Geez show, could you not with that.

Sure as hell didn't see Adalind raping Nick and de-Grimming him. I can't wait until he gets his powers back and rips her apart limb from limb next season.

And now Wu knows he wasn't losing his mind.

• Love 1

I like Trubel. I like her a lot. She's the best thing this show has done for a while. Everything else was just... meh.

Actually, I lie. Monroe's father's moments were really nice. Reminded me of when this show was about Nick standing between innocent humans and innocent Wesen as a force for order and justice that transcended old grudges and prejudices.

• Love 2

I thought the episode dragged a bit until the last 15 minutes. I hope Renard survives and has more to do, preferably shirtless. It was lame, the whole thing with Juliette. They should have both been immediately suspicious and especially Renard. He knew Adalind had taken clothes and hair from Juliette's house. I am no expert on spell casting, but I would have figured that out right away. Not believable to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Agreed on the shirtless! They could just have Renard walk through every scene without a shirt (talking on the phone if necessary) and I'd tune in every week.  I missed most of the episode, just tuned in in time to see Renard get shot and Trubel bust out some beheading but it sounds like I missed some unpopular Adalind/Juliette/Nick shenaningans earlier. 

Wu's going to be demanding some answers now!

• Love 1

I agree that Adalind has become an unfun villain. I really like Claire Coffee, and when Adalind had her powers taken away, I had a lot of hope for the character. But I think all the baby/royal stuff kind of ruined her. I would have liked to see her flailing about life without powers and then reluctantly having to help Nick - when her character was vulnerable, I liked her more.

I am liking Juliet a lot more this season too - I think in part because Bitsie Tulloch has had more to do so there's not such a flat character to deal with. I am still baffled beyond belief why a vet doesn't own a pet, and why they've never brought her in more regarding the animal nature of wesen. Occasionally they do, but it's just a little here and there - I think she could be used in a better way.

I was so mad when Tommy Howell shot Renard I was gleeful when his head tumbled down the stairs. And I love him lol. But you don't shoot my captain!

I think I'm most interested in seeing what Wu makes of everything. Pissed off Wu could be really intriguing - just think of the sarcastic comments!

• Love 3

I thought it was distractingly unexpected that Sean could access Adalind's spell book (and that she left it behind when she went to Europe). After the scene where Adalind needed to bleed in order to get it to open, that seemed like the sort of thing that she'd want to keep, and that would not open for just anyone. The writing on this show is often so sloppy, it's not even worth paying attention to things like this, but it was such a major plot point, you'd think they'd at least try.

On the other hand, I thought Roiz did a great job acting that scene, because you could see him not being in the habit of making spells, and kind of rushing and stumbling and trying hard to get it right, without him scenery chewing.

• Love 2
(edited)

So I gather if Renard does not survive, the fan consensus is that there should be an open casket, shirtless funeral?

If Renard dies (NONO NONONO) and he is not buried with his phone by his ear, then I have no faith in anything anymore.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

If Renard dies (NONO NONONO) and he is not buried with his phone by his ear, then I have no faith in anything anymore.

Oh, yes, definitely. Being buried with his phone is a given. Shirtless is just a preference.
  • Love 4

I'm more convinced than ever that Trubel is going to end up being Nick's sister.  I thought the conversation between them about meeting their own parents and Nick telling her one of her parents had to be a Grimm might be a foreshadowing, and when they flashed back to Kelly, I really thought there was a significant physical resemblance to Trubel, and she looks a lot like Nick too. 

I don't mind the idea of Nick losing his powers (temporarily of course), but the idea of Adalind duping him into having sex with her to accomplish it really bugs me.  It just seems wrong on so many levels.  Uggghhh!  

Oh well, here's to next season and whatever it might bring!

• Love 1

I don't mind the idea of Nick losing his powers (temporarily of course), but the idea of Adalind duping him into having sex with her to accomplish it really bugs me.  It just seems wrong on so many levels.  Uggghhh!

It does seem wrong.   Calling it rape is exactly right.   Nick did not consent to sex with Adalind.   Turn it around, if Nick had used polyjuice potion to go sleep with the Renard's girlfriend, would everyone be okay with it?   Of course not.   

• Love 3

I assume Nick will get his powers back in short order in the next season. And if he doesn't immediately decapitate Adalind I will call foul. I think that she is completely irredeemable now.

• Love 3

Not justifying what Adalind did, because that was very old school soapy. If she gets pregnant again, I'm out. Thanks show but no thanks.

Honestly I found the baby snatch from a newborn mother in bad taste. No one thought about the mother and made this decision for her. Heros make difficult decisions but no one even acknowledged that what they did was ethically wrong. It was "it's Adalind so we are surprised she cares". In that moment, I questioned whether Grimms had the right to make these decisions, what gave them the right and the arrogance of it all. Sean should have known better. Didn't his mother protect him from the royals when he was a child? Please correct me if I'm wrong in it.

I liked the character of Adalind and the side story of Sean/Adalind. Guess we'll see what happens next year.

• Love 2

I don't have much sympathy for Adalind and her lack of agency about her baby, considering that she had the baby only to get her powers back.  Nor does she seem to care about anyone else's agency giving that she raped Nick to take away his powers.  

As far as I'm concerned, Adalind brought all of this onto herself when she first raped Hank.  Karma and all that is a biotch.

• Love 5

They could have redeemed her by having her become a good mom.   And get revenge on those who she thinks took her baby.   The way she acted when she was running out into the street after the car showed this was a viable interesting storyline.  INstead, they have her conviving with those she thinks too her baby and raping Nick.  

They could have redeemed her by having her become a good mom.   And get revenge on those who she thinks took her baby.   The way she acted when she was running out into the street after the car showed this was a viable interesting storyline.  INstead, they have her conviving with those she thinks too her baby and raping Nick.

Adalind doesn't have to be a good mom to be redeemed (besides I really hate the implication that motherhood would make her a better person. That is one trope I cannot abide. Nope. Don't want). She could have accepted that she did what she did for bad reasons but could still be conniving and devious. She could have de-Grimm'd Nick via any other method besides rape.  Once she did it again after Hank, that's a bridge too far. 

• Love 1
And she intended to give up the baby all along...what with that contract with Stefania

Yeah, for me, planning to sell the baby to the highest bidder, who will do god only knows what with it, undermines the whole "no one has the right to interfere with the sacred bond of motherhood" argument. Adalind is a serial rapist, she only got pregnant to regain her powers, and was trying to offload the baby to Stefania. Having a last minute change of heart about giving up the child does not mean anything to me. I don't think you can come back from those actions so easily. She should actually be in jail for the rapes (and attempted murder of Hank and Juliette), in which case the baby gets taken away from her and put into foster care anyway. And once you sell the child, your motives will never be trusted by me, just because you weep in the streets for a minute and say your heart is broken. Why the very people she's been trying to rape and murder all along should have any sympathy or trust in her eludes me. I do think they were looking out for the best interests of the child, and they let Adalind off easy given her very serious record of criminal acts.

• Love 6
(edited)

Re Adalind.  I, for one, can't wait to see what happens when she shows up in Vienna and realizes that the Royals have played her and don't have the baby.

I figured that Nick would lose his "Grimmness" by the end of the episode and Renard's shooting was stupidly ruined by the previews.  The one big surprise for me was Wu finding the book.  I'm really glad that the writers didn't drop the Wu storyline and continued it throughout the season.

Edited by Yokosmom

I thought it was a really bad idea to move the trailer to the middle of nowhere. Hikers, transients or whoever could come across it, break in, steal it, squat in it. Wouldn't that be wild with all that crazy stuff in there?

And the way the scene was shot it seemed like someone was watching from the woods. Maybe someone spying on Nick for the Royals.

• Love 1

Nick could "hire" Trouble to be the caretaker of the trailer.

I know a lot of fans don't like her moniker of "Trouble," but every episode she's been in, she's earned it, IMO. When she crashed the wedding I said to the TV, "Here comes Trouble, " and, sure enough, moments later we had hysterical woging wedding guests and a broken vial of Very Important Potion. She's a lot like a Great Dane puppy.

• Love 3

So, I am guessing that Nick can only regain his "Grimmness" through the blood of a relative Grimm, and its going to be that way everyone finds out Truble is Nick's sister (whole or half).

I do wonder what Adalind will do when she finds out the Royals don't have her baby.  Hell hath no fury like a hexenbiest scorned.

I was surprised Renard didn't call Nick when he found Adalind breaking into their house.  But obviously for plot purposes, he had to only tell Juliet aka Adalind.

1. I really found this episode contrived. A better, more powerful ending would have been Adelind doing her roar-thing upon learning the baby had been taken away. That was a strong scene, and we would have known that Adelind was determined to revert to her mean self to get the baby back. I actually felt sympathy for her at that point, something I never, ever feel.

2. Truble( Trubel? Trouble?) could have handed Nick the vial with a little more grace and still have been in character.  Or the scene could have been directed a bit better to make it less clumsy.

3. But what really got me irked was that Adelind calls Juliette. Then Sean calls her. Juliette is only irritated by the phone calls, and instead of saying, "hey - Adelind called and said you were obsessed so stay away," Sean would have known about Adelind much sooner. I couldn't see Juliette not putting two and two together like that.

4. Why didn't Sean leave Nick a message on his phone? Voice mail or text anyone? U have Grimm prob. See/call me ASAP. 

• Love 1

Because he would have had to drop the idiot ball in order to pick up his phone.   I know, Sean and his phone are rarely parted but clearly a plot contrivance can come between them.

• Love 1

So much wrong with this ep -- Sean and esp Nick have been around Juliette enough to get suspicious in a split-second, even more so when Adelind is in town.  There were much better ways to de-Grimm Nick.

I am glad that the wedding was officiated.  I believe that Monroe was originally supposed to be the characters last name, but it worked better as his first, so it was ret-conned.  We still don't know his last name.

It was a nice use of Chekhov's Machete!

(edited)

3. But what really got me irked was that Adelind calls Juliette. Then Sean calls her. Juliette is only irritated by the phone calls, and instead of saying, "hey - Adelind called and said you were obsessed so stay away," Sean would have known about Adelind much sooner. I couldn't see Juliette not putting two and two together like that.

Juliette wasn't being stupid, she was busy.  My sister was the Maid of Honor for her best friend's wedding and she just about lost her entire damn mind helping.  On any other day Juliette would have listened and put things together.  On W-Day, forget about it because almost any distraction is going to get a "piss off and handle it yourselves.  I have no time for this shit" from her.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm still a bit confused.  Why would the wesen woge out during a freaking wedding?  I know this show has it's head up it's own ass a bit but they established that wesen woge when they feel threatened or want to be seen by humans.  Other than bad writing, is there any reason for them to have woge during the wedding?

Edited by placate
  • Love 1