Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E22: Blond Ambition

(edited)

I'm still a bit confused.  Why would the wesen woge out during a freaking wedding?  I know this show has it's head up it's own ass a bit but they established that wesen woge when they feel threatened or want to be seen by humans.  Other than bad writing, is there any reason for them to have woge during the wedding?

Because Trouble crashed the wedding at the most inopportune moment, screaming and running down the aisle. This would've caused at least a few to woge, and then the woged wessen started yelling "Grimm!" when they saw her eyes. The rest is history.

ETA: Or what johntfs wrote:

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I'm still a bit confused.  Why would the wesen woge out during a freaking wedding?  I know this show has it's head up it's own ass a bit but they established that wesen woge when they feel threatened or want to be seen by humans.  Other than bad writing, is there any reason for them to have woge during the wedding?

Wesen "half-woge" (the kind only visible to Grimms) during moments of strong emotion.  Everyone there is feeling strong emotion (presumably happiness, joy, etc) so the Wesen are "half-woging."  Suddenly Trubel bursts in during that time.  Everyone, including the "half-woged" Wesen turn at the interruption.  The Wesen see their reflections in Trubel's abyssal Grimm eyes and either panic or become enraged.  Cue reception disaster.

• Love 4

I think it was because the last any of Our Gang heard from Adalind, she was still in "helpless damsel" mode and not "evil, scheming witch" mode. Juliette was probably just expecting to deflect more pleas for help.

I hope that Wu's reaction to finding out he isn't crazy and that everyone has been lying to him goes the complete opposite direction as Hank's almost too easy acceptance of the Wesen world. I hope Wu gets pissed and stays pissed for a while. Not forever, though, because that would truly be a waste of some epic Wu-isms.

I can't help but giggle a bit every time someone says "Woged" or "Woge" as it always makes me picture Wesen dancing to the Madonna song of a similar sounding title...

• Love 3
(edited)

I can't help but giggle a bit every time someone says "Woged" or "Woge" as it always makes me picture Wesen dancing to the Madonna song of a similar sounding title...

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Grimm musical in they can get the license.

"C'mon, Woge.  Let your face get furry to the music!"

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1

I hope that Wu's reaction to finding out he isn't crazy and that everyone has been lying to him goes the complete opposite direction as Hank's almost too easy acceptance of the Wesen world. I hope Wu gets pissed and stays pissed for a while. Not forever, though, because that would truly be a waste of some epic Wu-isms.

That would be too similar to Juliette's long arc back in Season 2, I hope they won't drag this out since we've already been through this with 2 characters now.

So Nick bleeds on her and Adalind loses her powers.   But she has to have sex with Nick to takes his.   Have fun with that one Freud....

Has to, or wants to? What better way to f*** with her nemesis the Grimm then to shatter his relationship; especially as she's already tried to kill Juliette. But yes, hat-tip on the observation.

I'm okay with Theresa playing "I've got a secret."   For years she was told she was crazy and seeing things.   She just recently was told she was a Grimm.  She thought she saw 2 Juliette's, it's not surprising she reverted to thinking she was crazy than talk to someone. 

I don't think she was playing anything. She was alerted that something was very askew, but she didn't know what. [Did she even know who Adalind is, what she looks like, or why she is to be so feared?]

So she ran back to tell Nick, but he was with ....someone..... Was it the real Juliette, or......?

She could not know WTF was really happening any more than Nick did while getting bonked.

When Renard showed up, she told him everything ASAP. {That, BTW, was a writing error. Why would she trust him like that?}

See what happens when Renard gets off the phone?   He gets shot.

That, boys and girls, is why you should never run out of minutes. It may be fatal!

I like Trubel. I like her a lot. She's the best thing this show has done for a while.

I wholeheartedly agree....She is literally doing a kick-ass job every episode.

I'm more convinced than ever that Trubel is going to end up being Nick's sister. 

Hmm, does Nick end up having to kiss her to turn back into the handsome prince Grimm? THAT would get Freud's (or Jung's....) attention. I thought she had to kiss a frog; oops wrong fable.

Sidenote: Given how upset she already furious with Nick; when she gets home, Juliette will be really pissed over the mess in her house. Smashed furniture, 9mm rounds in the walls and doors, blood on the walls..... and a headless corpse in the upstairs hall. He'll be bunking with Hank for sure.

See what happens when Renard gets off the phone?   He gets shot.

That, boys and girls, is why you should never run out of minutes. It may be fatal!
Good thing I just got a new battery for mine!

Given how upset she already furious with Nick; when she gets home, Juliette will be really pissed over the mess in her house. Smashed furniture, 9mm rounds in the walls and doors, blood on the walls..... and a headless corpse in the upstairs hall. He'll be bunking with Hank for sure.

Or, she will realize that he could've been killed in a grizzly manner instead of just boinked by her doppelgänger.

So I was busy that Friday night, but 2.5 weeks later, the finale still isn't available on-demand or on Hulu. I swear, television is TRYING to alienate me anymore. They make it so damned hard to enjoy a show. Big breaks in the middle of the season, no re-runs during the summer, more and more commercial breaks. I find that I no longer have any particular desire to see this episode. 

(edited)

Thank you, Syme. It turns out that Hulu and on-demand do have the finale, but it's listed there as ep #21, so I thought that it was the previous one. Isn't this #22? Am I confused, or are they? 

Now that I've had a chance to watch it, I have mixed feelings. Some parts were exciting, but this show has a terrible habit of making the characters behave unforgivably obtusely. 1) Renard asks Julette "What about last night?" and she's too stupid to realize he's talking about something that just happened? Ugh. 2) Nick and Juliette know Adalind is back in town, has her powers back, and is up to something, but that car-ride conversation just goes on and on before either one of them realizes that Adalind has tricked them. And 3) enough with the Nick/Juliette relationship on-and-off crap. Not every show has to drag out a Sam-and-Diane thing. It's a cliche, and it's tedious. 

But I am interested to find out how our heroes explain the mess that trails from the shot and the dead guys in Nick's house to a riot at the wedding. Though if the past is any indication, we won't get much of an explanation. 

Edited by Ghost of TWOP Past