Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Who's Your Buddy?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Seriously, even if she loses 200 lbs, she'd still be morbidly obese for a 5'2" woman, and she'd still have PCOS. (And that's with giving her the benefit of a very big doubt and assuming she still weighs around 380.)

All true.  Her career is being a professional fat lady.   We watch because it's basically a freak  show.  We watch her try to ski, dance,  do a 5K, date,  act inappropriate, stuff herself into a car,  diaper her cat, etc and we're  amused.     Didn't see it,  but apparently she was on that awful Megan Kelly  show and the segment was called "I'm Short,  I'm Fat,  I'm Cute".   Delusional.   She is going to die young,  she's extremely morbidly obese. There's no way she doesn't feel like shit all the time. 

1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

• Love 14
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Let’s just imagine for a second that BGBC is fabulous (and real) and that Whitney can dance and is a wonderful teacher. I know this is tough but just for a second. Even if all of that is true, how exactly does taking a dance class one time help anyone? You can’t get anything from a class or two. So people show up and dance for the day or two you are in town. Are they then suddenly in shape? Even if Whitney was the most fabulous dancer in the world I don’t see how this is something anyone would want. 

And Clairewalks - she won’t franchise because that would mean other people would be teaching big girl dance classes all over the country and I bet all of the teachers would be better than Whitney. She couldn’t handle that. 

I was just wondering  if she uses her "Brand" as a reason not to get fit or lose any weight.

She could steer her brand to be one the proves fitness within the fatness, and provide data that shows that taking her class improved cardio fitness even if there is not weight change. Then she would have all the proof in the world..that it is all good in her world.

.But she would have to step it up and do something more than once every week or so to gain cardio benefit.

Anything that allowed her to give an even Bigger F U to the general population would be a motivator for Whit.

until she twisted her toe. 

But not to worry, there are the BGDCSA (swim aerobics) would be coming a pool near you, to spare those arches and stray toes.

2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

All true.  Her career is being a professional fat lady.   We watch because it's basically a freak  show.  We watch her try to ski, dance,  do a 5K, date,  act inappropriate, stuff herself into a car,  diaper her cat, etc and we're  amused.     Didn't see it,  but apparently she was on that awful Megan Kelly  show and the segment was called "I'm Short,  I'm Fat,  I'm Cute".   Delusional.   She is going to die young,  she's extremely morbidly obese. There's no way she doesn't feel like shit all the time. 

Hoo Boy I cannot stand Megan Kelly (who likes her husband to fat shame her...)

• Love 4
On 3/7/2018 at 4:07 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Let’s just imagine for a second that BGBC is fabulous (and real) and that Whitney can dance and is a wonderful teacher. I know this is tough but just for a second. Even if all of that is true, how exactly does taking a dance class one time help anyone? You can’t get anything from a class or two. So people show up and dance for the day or two you are in town. Are they then suddenly in shape? Even if Whitney was the most fabulous dancer in the world I don’t see how this is something anyone would want. 

True fans would come just to see her, but I can't imagine too many would be willing to pay much.  Hasn't she had to reduce the price on anything she's tried to sell?

• Love 7

Glenn needs to remember the phrase "Be careful what you wish for" when he talks about Twitney having a child.

It's just the most ridiculous thing for him to be saying...for all the reasons that you have all already stated. She IS a child, she doesn't need to be having one! What a disaster. I wonder if this is a story line TLC is pushing, or if Glenn actually thought of this himself. If he's saying this on his own, he needs to get his head out of his ass. She can't even take care of herself. 

Also I agree with those of you saying that having a child doesn't automatically make the parent of that child "grow up". Twit as a mother is an absolutely horrific thought. How screwed up would that kid be! Holy crap.

If he genuinely believes this is a good idea, then I see where Twit gets her delusional thinking from.

• Love 11
On 3/8/2018 at 12:57 PM, Elizzikra said:

He probably does want her to grow up but those are shitty examples. Having children doesn't make you a grown up (it should, but doesn't) and not having them doesn't mean you aren't mature and adult. Similarly, having pets doesn't make you immature. If anything, it should be the opposite. And those cats have nothing to do with why Whitney doesn't have a love interest.

I agree that Glenn is "old-fashioned" in that he wants Whitney to be married. My dad was like that and it drove me nuts. I'm driven even nuttier by the fact that... he was sort of right. I was fine on my own for a very long time (44) and I didn't "need" a husband to be grown up and settled and happy. But I have to admit, having a life partner is much more satisfying than I ever thought it would be. I'm sure Glenn and Babs do worry about the day they are no longer around to look after Whitney and if they aren't, they should be. But they should also realize that a) marriage doesn't guarantee lifelong security and companionship and b) you can have a stable, happy, fulfilling and loving life without marriage.

I'm sure Glenn and Babs would love to have grandchildren but their kids don't owe them that. I kind of wish they'd be quiet about it.

Totally agree...there are plenty of people who didn't "grow up" when they had kids, and the kids are the ones who pay for it. And there's nothing inherently wrong with having pets, even lots of pets, IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM (which she doesn't, it seems). There's also nothing wrong with never getting married. (Although I'm glad I got married...it was so bad that it's made me VERY happy to be single again...I probably wouldn't appreciate my single life if I hadn't had a controlling jerk making my married life miserable.)

None of these things...pets, children, marriage...are Twit's problem. Her problem is her total denial about her health and her shitty personality. If Glenn thinks kids or marriage would change that, he's dead wrong.

Someone mentioned weight not being the problem for Twit's lack of a dating life...I kind of agree with that (although some guys are going to not want her purely based on weight). However, once you weed out guys who don't want her due to her extreme weight problem, I think you're still left with a bunch of guys who don't want her for a ton of other reasons.

My thought was, if I were a guy, would I want to get involved with her? NO WAY! She's totally self-absorbed, she's immature in many MANY ways, she's loud and in your face all the time, she loves doing weird shit just for the sake of being weird (smelling armpits, cat breath, being inappropriately dressed in public, ACTING inappropriately in public, etc)...what guy has this on their "wish list" when they think of a future partner?

Not to mention, even if a guy did give her a chance, if he breaks up with her, he's going to be the object of a "manhunt" to track him down, demand answers, and humiliate him on her show. Who the HELL would sign up for THAT?

• Love 17

I wonder if this is a story line TLC is pushing, or if Glenn actually thought of this himself. If he's saying this on his own, he needs to get his head out of his ass. 

I think both are true. I think Glenn genuinely wants Whitney to get married to a nice, employed, healthy young man and have children with him. If he can't have both I think he'd settled for married without kids because I think he for sure doesn't want her to be a single mother or an unwed mother. I don't necessarily fault him for that. As I've said, my own father desperately wanted that for me and we butted heads over it many times, but looking back, I can see that it was coming from a place of love for him and I'm sorry he didn't live to see the wonderful man I married and the beautiful stepdaughter I gained. He would have loved them both. BUT I think that Glenn dramatically oversimplifies Whitney's issues and is very misguided if he thinks the only reason she is single is because she has a couple too many cats.

I think TLC sees the drama inherent in this and encourages it, if they don't outright script it. 

if I were a guy, would I want to get involved with her? NO WAY! She's totally self-absorbed, she's immature in many MANY ways, she's loud and in your face all the time, she loves doing weird shit just for the sake of being weird (smelling armpits, cat breath, being inappropriately dressed in public, ACTING inappropriately in public, etc)...what guy has this on their "wish list" when they think of a future partner?

I don't know how anyone, male or female, wants to be involved with her. I used to have a friend who reminds me of Whitney. My friend wasn't overweight but she always had to be the center of attention. In a room full of people, she was always the loudest. She would say and do inappropriate things, often with the excuse of having had one drink too many, which I suppose was supposed to absolve her of any responsibility for anything uncomfortable she might have said or done. She used to ask me why she always attracted weirdos and why drama always seemed to follow her but she really didn't want to hear my answer which was "you seek out drama - that's why it finds you." I get that the show is about Whitney so by definition her barnacles are always going to be the B plot but still - she just seems like someone who always has to be the star of the world and can never let anyone else have a turn in the spotlight.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 11

Regarding the phone in the previews.  Where is piggy now?  If it is in fact about the pig is there any reason that Whitney would have to tell her Mother the pig died?  It could very well be something she would never find out.  Of course we all know that Whitney salivates at the thought of delivering bad news.  Like when she just HAD to tell Buddy's parents about his addition (they already knew), and she just HAD to tell Heather it was over with Buddy.  The freak gets off on that shit.

I would say nothing in the hopes that Mom wouldn't ever find out.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Dr. Acula said:

Glenn has a lotta nerve pressuring Whitney to have kids, considering that he and Babs are such parental failures themselves.  They already raised two life losers...  what makes him think the cycle of crippling failure won't continue with any kids Whitney might drop?  It's a virtual guarantee that her kids would also become bloodsucking barnacles on society. 

He's delusional and irresponsible. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t one of the issues with PCOS is that she might not be able to have kids? If so he’s putting pressure on her when it could very well never happen. 

He disgusts me every time he says that to her. If it were me , I’d rip him a new one, father or not.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Honey said:

Regarding the phone in the previews.  Where is piggy now?  If it is in fact about the pig is there any reason that Whitney would have to tell her Mother the pig died?  It could very well be something she would never find out.  Of course we all know that Whitney salivates at the thought of delivering bad news.  Like when she just HAD to tell Buddy's parents about his addition (they already knew), and she just HAD to tell Heather it was over with Buddy.  The freak gets off on that shit.

Some people are like that. There own lives are miserable so they want someone else to feel miserable.

I know this is unpopular opinion but honestly if Buddy wasn’t gonna tell Heather, someone had to. The girl was hanging by a thread with hoping Buddy would come back. Sure it’s pathetic but I’ve been there many times so I can empathize.

She wasn’t gonna get any closure from him . Buddy was a coward hiding behind a text.

• Love 5
On 3/8/2018 at 12:00 AM, Ketzel said:

If I had ever dared to give my mother orders in the tone of voice that Whitney employs, she would have let me know in no uncertain terms that she was a fully functioning adult, capable of making her own decisions, and not interested in taking crap from the person she'd birthed. I am starting to truly loathe Whitney, but her parents are not exactly prize packages themselves. How they can look at themselves in the mirror, or their friends and family in the eye after getting involved in this shit show is beyond me.

I was kind of relieved when the Hawaiian portion of the storyline ended without having to watch Whitney lumber through a hula class. I should have known she was capable of cultural misappropriation even without the benefit of an actual class.

I think Whitney AND Hunter are incredibly spoiled and disrespectful to their parents. If my daughter spoke to me like Twit does, I’d be like, “Molly Get The Mop”!  She’d be picking herself up off of the floor of that car. 

• Love 2
On 3/8/2018 at 10:23 AM, LordOfLotion said:

Does anyone know what the ratings were for this episode?

Ratings for this episode:

#19 of Tue Top 50 cable shows

0.29 share, losing 0.02 points from last week

947,000 viewers, first time under a million-plus

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Dot said:

Thanks Dot. I kind of felt like there were fewer comments in the usual places for this episode, but it's not like I'm actually counting.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Honey said:

Regarding the phone in the previews.  Where is piggy now? 

Maybe Twit BBQ'd him. I wouldn't put it past her at 9 p.m.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t one of the issues with PCOS is that she might not be able to have kids? If so he’s putting pressure on her when it could very well never happen. 

He disgusts me every time he says that to her. If it were me , I’d rip him a new one, father or not.  

I think it’s not that hard for women with PCOS to conceive as it is for women with endometriosis, which is what I have and that’s what my gyno told me, he does IVF treatments and most of his patients have endo (or both), while women with PCOS *could* - although this depends on the severity of the condition and the patient’s general health- be more easy to treat. I know several girls with PCOS who have gotten pregnant with less invasive treatment  or without it. However, they aren’t morbidly obese. 

But life has a way of shocking us or throwing us little surprises. Maybe we would be surprised to hear Whitney is pregnant, but again, crazier things have happened.

I don’t see her as a mom, she comes off as too self centered 

Edited by MyBigFatFakeLife
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Emma C said:

Not that this is ANY reason to have a baby, but it does make you grow up, fast.

It does if you are a decent human being. Sadly, I know many parents who failed to grow up with the birth of their children.

3 hours ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

I think it’s not that hard for women with PCOS to conceive as it is for women with endometriosis, which is what I have and that’s what my gyno told me, he does IVF treatments and most of his patients have endo (or both), while women with PCOS *could* - although this depends on the severity of the condition and the patient’s general health- be more easy to treat. I know several girls with PCOS who have gotten pregnant with less invasive treatment  or without it. However, they aren’t morbidly obese. 

But life has a way of shocking us or throwing us little surprises. Maybe we would be surprised to hear Whitney is pregnant, but again, crazier things have happened.

I don’t see her as a mom, she comes off as too self centered 

I have PCOS and endometriosis (LADY PARTS LOTTERY WINNER!) and honestly, it's so different individual to individual with either diagnosis. PCOS is a SYNDROME so you have X out of Y number of symptoms - some lucky ladies get all of them, some are barely affected. So whether or not you can easily conceive with a little help with PCOS is just luck of the draw. Some PCOS patients conceive on their own. Some PCOS patients pop a Clomid and immediately get knocked up. Some have to go all the way up to IVF and even that doesn't work. You just never know. There are so many factors involved.

This DOES bother me about Glen's pushing the kid thing, though - with Whitney's weight AND her age AND her PCOS, he needs to realize she may never have a biological child. 

• Love 11

I know a lot of people give Glenn grief about the "you need a baby" thing with Twit, but I'm willing to give him a pass. I think some of it is his age. I get a lot of that crap at 38 and single (and I've gotten it since I was 22 and single) from people around his age, especially family. There's a presumption among Southerners of a certain age that a woman needs to have children and a husband by a certain age. I think Glenn falls into that group. He is watching his daughter grow larger and larger and her dating misadventures are more and more dysfunctional and he wants what's best for her. In his head, normal is with someone and with a child. I also think he hears her babble about how she wants a baby like Ashley. But he's got a point. As much as I love cats, her collecting cats and not taking care of them (because I'm sure Henchi & Wanda's boxes are still just as foul as they were last season) isn't going to endear her to new people. It's also not a very safe thing to have around small children.

I think he's also probably aware that she's only going to half-ass look for the cat's real owner before deciding to keep him. I feel bad for his real family who probably miss him.

• Love 5

Glenn should be careful what he wishes for because he’s probably either going to have to spring for a Nanny or he and Babs will be on diaper duty and toddler patrol.  There’s no way Whitney could keep up with a kid once he starts walking and I’m not sure who would throw bigger tantrums.  

What I can’t understand is even the most nasty (attitude wise) morbidly obese women on my 600 lb Life seem to be able to get a man (I mean most of them aren’t winners and are just enablers) but the reason I bring it up is they keep saying Whitney can’t even get a second date.  Now there’s nothing wrong with being single, but besides Avi it doesn’t seem like she’s shooting for professionals (well he was a professional con apparently but that’s another story).

She’s trying to “date” a pizza delivery guy/bartender, shoe salesman,craft store clerk/artist and whatever her second cousin was.  Looks wise the only people I didn’t think she was on par with were the fake Ashley double date and possibly Avi, I don’t recall seeing his unblurred face, if so it wasn’t memorable to me.  However, looks wise even with her tremendous weight, I think she’s  on par with Buddy, Lennie with his beard and goofy hats, her “cousin” and the really frail guy who I think sold shoes.  I just saw a clip of him so I’m not sure.  All of them were average to slightly below average looks to me ymmv.  Honestly, the one I think isout of her league looks wise is Donna (I think she is very pretty)and I have no idea if she’s her friend, fwb, or an employee.   

With all that being said, I truly wonder if Whitney really wants to be with someone or uses the weight and her obnoxious behavior to keep men/women whomever away (by away I mean she’s in charge of the physical interaction not them). I’m curious since her weight gain began in college if something traumatic happened to her or I’m not familiar with her college if it was her just not being all that important there, and it lead to a crushing blow to a narcissistic Whitney, so she ate her feelings.

I think PCOS might have added 30-50 pounds possibly,but 200-300, no way!  I hope these interactions with Buddy and his counseling and Tal giving his story, convince Whitney to begin a psychological weight loss journey because the physical one hasn’t done shit.  I’ve recently lost 25 lbs and now considered average for my height, but it wasn’t until I figured out why I was overrating that things came together.  I hope she’ll be inspired by Buddy’s journey and her failed 7k.  Its doubtful but I can hope.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 3

Yes!! Absolutely Ashley’s baby has impacted Glenn and Babs, and I don’t think this is scripted (hallelujah!) I do think there’s a bit of “Why can’t our daughter already...?”, even if they started their family life later than most traditional families in the 80s. And Ashley was as single and overweight like Whitney during the first seasons, and now she’s a mom with a partner. I really don’t see the problem in a single and childfree life, but I can understand where Glenn and Babs are coming from, especially if Whitney has manifested she wants a similar life to Ashley’s. Again, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn she’s pregnant, sperm donor (Tal, stranger, not Todd) or if she’s met another Avi. She’s still got some time. 

• Love 2

But he's got a point. As much as I love cats, her collecting cats and not taking care of them (because I'm sure Henchi & Wanda's boxes are still just as foul as they were last season) isn't going to endear her to new people. It's also not a very safe thing to have around small children.

I can accept that it's not safe to have full litter boxes around small children but that's not why she isn't married with kids. It's not like potential suitors come to her house, see four cats and think "nope - not wife/mother material." That's why Glenn's statements about Whitney focusing less on cats and more on "finding a husband" make no sense to me. It's also not as though she spends so much time caring for her cats that she has no time to date...

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I can accept that it's not safe to have full litter boxes around small children but that's not why she isn't married with kids. It's not like potential suitors come to her house, see four cats and think "nope - not wife/mother material." That's why Glenn's statements about Whitney focusing less on cats and more on "finding a husband" make no sense to me. It's also not as though she spends so much time caring for her cats that she has no time to date...

It's not that suitors see four cats and think that she's not wife/mother material. It's that they see four full litterboxes and a woman who can barely move to clean them.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Dot said:

can you share where you can view ratings?

2 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

It's not that suitors see four cats and think that she's not wife/mother material. It's that they see four full litterboxes and a woman who can barely move to clean them.

or won't move to clean them

4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Glenn should be careful what he wishes for because he’s probably either going to have to spring for a Nanny or he and Babs will be on diaper duty and toddler patrol.  There’s no way Whitney could keep up with a kid once he starts walking and I’m not sure who would throw bigger tantrums.  

What I can’t understand is even the most nasty (attitude wise) morbidly obese women on my 600 lb Life seem to be able to get a man (I mean most of them aren’t winners and are just enablers) but the reason I bring it up is they keep saying Whitney can’t even get a second date.  Now there’s nothing wrong with being single, but besides Avi it doesn’t seem like she’s shooting for professionals (well he was a professional con apparently but that’s another story).

She’s trying to “date” a pizza delivery guy/bartender, shoe salesman,craft store clerk/artist and whatever her second cousin was.  Looks wise the only people I didn’t think she was on par with were the fake Ashley double date and possibly Avi, I don’t recall seeing his unblurred face, if so it wasn’t memorable to me.  However, looks wise even with her tremendous weight, I think she’s  on par with Buddy, Lennie with his beard and goofy hats, her “cousin” and the really frail guy who I think sold shoes.  I just saw a clip of him so I’m not sure.  All of them were average to slightly below average looks to me ymmv.  Honestly, the one I think isout of her league looks wise is Donna (I think she is very pretty)and I have no idea if she’s her friend, fwb, or an employee.   

With all that being said, I truly wonder if Whitney really wants to be with someone or uses the weight and her obnoxious behavior to keep men/women whomever away (by away I mean she’s in charge of the physical interaction not them). I’m curious since her weight gain began in college if something traumatic happened to her or I’m not familiar with her college if it was her just not being all that important there, and it lead to a crushing blow to a narcissistic Whitney, so she ate her feelings.

I think PCOS might have added 30-50 pounds possibly,but 200-300, no way!  I hope these interactions with Buddy and his counseling and Tal giving his story, convince Whitney to begin a psychological weight loss journey because the physical one hasn’t done shit.  I’ve recently lost 25 lbs and now considered average for my height, but it wasn’t until I figured out why I was overrating that things came together.  I hope she’ll be inspired by Buddy’s journey and her failed 7k.  Its doubtful but I can hope.

great job on the 25...nice to have it come from place of self care, growth and healing. I am hoping to get that inspiration...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

It does if you are a decent human being. Sadly, I know many parents who failed to grow up with the birth of their children.

I have PCOS and endometriosis (LADY PARTS LOTTERY WINNER!) and honestly, it's so different individual to individual with either diagnosis. PCOS is a SYNDROME so you have X out of Y number of symptoms - some lucky ladies get all of them, some are barely affected. So whether or not you can easily conceive with a little help with PCOS is just luck of the draw. Some PCOS patients conceive on their own. Some PCOS patients pop a Clomid and immediately get knocked up. Some have to go all the way up to IVF and even that doesn't work. You just never know. There are so many factors involved.

This DOES bother me about Glen's pushing the kid thing, though - with Whitney's weight AND her age AND her PCOS, he needs to realize she may never have a biological child. 

Lady Parts Lottery Winner! LOL had me going...me too on the endometriosis. Had hysterectomy at age 35, pudendal nerve damage...list goes on. Back to the show....it does bother me how Glen talks to Whitney about kids, and cats. or kids and pigs. I understand there is some generational influence, but then I am surprised at his response to her living with Buddy, (if I am recalling correctly/) and Glen seems to have a negative reaction to even thinking Whitney has had sex and is not married. 

Glen does not seem to be following any TLC plot line... There is something there that seems a bit cold at times. I wonder how much Whit's behaviors, how she talks to him and Babs has become a wedge in their relationship, and on her end, how she acts/talks to him are a reaction to comments he makes about cats and kids.

It's uncomfortable, I will give it that. 

Elephant in the room indeed.

PS, Buddy has some anger issues, and I don't dig how he has treated Heather. She is lucky, whether she knows it or not. Now needs to figure out her worth, which is far greater than what she believes ( from what I can tell)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

Yes!! Absolutely Ashley’s baby has impacted Glenn and Babs, and I don’t think this is scripted (hallelujah!) I do think there’s a bit of “Why can’t our daughter already...?”, even if they started their family life later than most traditional families in the 80s. And Ashley was as single and overweight like Whitney during the first seasons, and now she’s a mom with a partner. I really don’t see the problem in a single and childfree life, but I can understand where Glenn and Babs are coming from, especially if Whitney has manifested she wants a similar life to Ashley’s. Again, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn she’s pregnant, sperm donor (Tal, stranger, not Todd) or if she’s met another Avi. She’s still got some time. 

I also think Glenn and Babs want a "normal" daughter, and they hope that marriage and a kid will settle her down. However, as someone with crappy/selfish parents myself, I hope to heaven she never gets pregnant unless she has a major lifestyle/personality change. Kids should not be guinea pigs in the hope it makes the parents step up to the plate. Sadly many of them don't and it makes for a terrible childhood. Whit can't even care for her cats properly; I fear to think what a kid would go through. Too many people think of kids as accessories there for their parents amusement but they are mini-humans who you can royally screw up with terrible life choices and a selfish outlook. That's not directed at you btw, just Glenn/Babs/anyone who tries to treat kids as cute show objects to cast aside when bored or inconvenienced.

But I also think her odds of getting pregnant are slim/none, so that's some relief. Between PCOS, being 400+ lbs, closing in on mid-30s, and having no regular partner it would be a miracle. And no way any responsible clinic would allow someone of her size to use them because it's a huge risk to both baby and mother to be that big. Many have cut offs at BMI 30-35, almost half her size. Not to mention limited mobility and ability to care for an infant. Some super large women have given birth but it's rare.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, alabetser said:

I hope to heaven she never gets pregnant unless she has a major lifestyle/personality change.

My layperson's understanding of personality disorders is that they can be mitigated to some degree, with a lot of hard work with a competent therapist, but cannot be cured. If Twit has a personality disorder, which many of us believe, she ain't changing her ways.

2 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

can you share where you can view ratings?

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com

• Love 3
On 3/7/2018 at 11:54 AM, bichonblitz said:

I really hope they don't make this a thing. Is she on YouTube or something? She was saying that people are always asking her to visit their towns, their classes, etc... as if she's some superstar dance instructor. She sure does have an extremely high opinion of herself. 

My Granny would have said: "Well, there's no conceit in her family. She got it all." Lol

• Love 9
On 3/7/2018 at 6:15 PM, Elizzikra said:

It's definitely risky but it happens all the time. A friend of mine is an OB and he has had a number of obese patients. They do have complications throughout pregnancy and with labor and delivery. Honestly in some cases, you have to wonder about the mechanics of how the lady got pregnant in the first place. I guess the drive to procreate leads to creativity - or maybe flexibility?

I'm a big girl, 4 babies, no complications at any time. I even lost weight during and after pregnancy. Hey, Whitney....

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

But he's got a point. As much as I love cats, her collecting cats and not taking care of them (because I'm sure Henchi & Wanda's boxes are still just as foul as they were last season) isn't going to endear her to new people. It's also not a very safe thing to have around small children.

I was thinking more the smell and the fact that little kids put things in their mouths. I have a cat and when I have dates over, you better believe that the litter box area is hosed down with Febreeze. People have made comments about the ammonia smell walking into Twit's house before (last season, I remember Todd mentioning something.) And walking into someone's house when there's litter critters on the floor and the eye burning smell of ammonia in the air, it's not somewhere I'm going to want to stay at very long. Or return to. And that's not someone I'm going to want to bring over to my place either as I don't want to clean up a mess behind them.

I think she may use the cats as reasons she can't do things though. I suspect that we don't hear that portion of their discussions to give viewers some sympathy point for Twit. But I can completely see her telling him "Oh, I can't go exercise. Henchi needs attention."

• Love 4
10 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Lady Parts Lottery Winner! LOL had me going...me too on the endometriosis. Had hysterectomy at age 35, pudendal nerve damage...list goes on. Back to the show....it does bother me how Glen talks to Whitney about kids, and cats. or kids and pigs. I understand there is some generational influence, but then I am surprised at his response to her living with Buddy, (if I am recalling correctly/) and Glen seems to have a negative reaction to even thinking Whitney has had sex and is not married. 

Glen does not seem to be following any TLC plot line... There is something there that seems a bit cold at times. I wonder how much Whit's behaviors, how she talks to him and Babs has become a wedge in their relationship, and on her end, how she acts/talks to him are a reaction to comments he makes about cats and kids.

It's uncomfortable, I will give it that. 

Elephant in the room indeed.

PS, Buddy has some anger issues, and I don't dig how he has treated Heather. She is lucky, whether she knows it or nots. Now needs to figure out her worth, which is far greater than what she believes ( from what I can tell)

This a million times, Buddy was nasty to the tv host during the reuinion and it wasnt like the woman was being nasty and interrogating him like a murder suspect.  If anything he should have been mad at Whitney saying he was a bum not paying his rent.  I guess now we know where the money was going.  Heather, I truly can’t figure out.  She’s pretty enough, in this bunch  freakin spectacular. She has a job(s) so I’m assuming she can support herself. Is somewhat likeable.  I get it’s harder to date with small children, but really, Heather, please go find your dignity, a clue, a brain, something.

Edited by Irate Panda
The host wasn’t being nasty
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

This a million times, Buddy was nasty to the tv host during the reuinion and it was like the woman was being nasty and interrogating him like a murder suspect.  If anything he should have been mad at Whitney he was a bum not paying his rent.  I guess no we know where the money was going.  Heather, I truly can’t figure out.  She’s pretty enough, in this bunch  freakin spectacular. She has a job(s) so I’m assuming she can support herself. Is somewhat likeable.  I get it’s harder to date with small children, but really, Heather, please go find your dignity, a clue, a brain, something.

I think Heather is better off without this motley crew she hanging out with, her self esteem is in the gutter.  I often wonder how close Heather was to Whit before the divorce. I have had recently divorced old high school friends reach out to me on Facebook after years of no contact. Perhaps Heather is broken and trying to revert back to "the good old days" which are long gone. Buddy is NOT the one.

• Love 10

I remember that episode when poor Wanda had to potty somewhere else because her litter box was all dirty, and Whitney had the audacity to yell at her “Why are you doing this to me?!”. Wanda really hates her, she misses Lenny I bet.

Next on Season 7 of My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Baby crying over dirty diaper not changed for hours. Whitney: “Why are you doing this to me?!”. 

Please don’t. Or grow up, at 34.

And about a clinic refusing to do IVF treatment on Whitney, I recently read about the Jahi McMath case and my mind is blown. They literally helped put food in a corpse in a hospital in New Jersey, so I think helping a crazy fat lady with PCOS become a mom isn’t that out there. 

About Buddy and Heather...Enough! He’s got a new girlfriend and she’s still shown on tv doing post break rituals? Have some self respect, woman! Buddy was okay for Whitney but not for Heather, she can do 100 times better. 

• Love 4
On 3/9/2018 at 8:18 PM, Snarkastikate said:

The episode with her trying to SKI was very funny and disturbing @ the same time. because the way she just laid there screaming for help. Anyone notice that it was ski staff not her friends that help her.

• Love 7

Sick of hearing the word "closure".  Why the hell does Heather need closure?  He doesn't want you, move the fuck on.  Jesus.  I hadn't realized that it had been almost a year.  Good lawd really?  Have some self-respect girl.  Women like that drive me nuts.

• Love 10

I think this is the right episode thread (forgive mods if it's not) but... she's comparing her millions of VIEWS on ONE video of hers to millions of SUBSCRIBERS to TFM's channel??? Seriously??? Fat Girl Dancing is the kind of video (just the title is going to attract all kinds of curiosity seekers) that will get millions and millions of views, but how many of those views would translate into subscriptions for a whole series of "watch me shake my fat" videos??? I'm no fan of TFM but at least his videos and choreo changes and is actual dance (after a fashion). Twit's choreo (if you could call it that) is the same ol' same old. 

Edited by Maggienolia
typo
  • Love 9
On 3/11/2018 at 1:48 PM, Dave James said:

The episode with her trying to SKI was very funny and disturbing @ the same time. because the way she just laid there screaming for help. Anyone notice that it was ski staff not her friends that help her.

Ugh, the drama! I think her friends are really over a lot of her BS. Poor Lennie, he weighs about 160 and he's supposed to lift 380lbs.? Whitney ordering the camera man to stop filming and help her? Skis are bitch to get up from when you're at a normal weight. I can't imagine that she really believed that she would shushing down the slopes. 

19 hours ago, PityFree said:

I’m watching the “extras” episode and... Whitney’s too wide for the elliptical machine. 

Probably too heavy too. I've got an elliptical at home and I think I would break it if I weighed 380 lbs. 

• Love 3

Extra Fabulous scenes recap:

1. Sweatney is in the back of the car with Babs & Glenn, her seatbelt screaming for dear life while it's being ripped apart at the seams (literally), bitching about how Buddy was so out of line getting on her ass about not quitting the race. She basically recaps about how sad it is that poor, beleaguered Heather hasn't gotten any closure ... AND THAT IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR ALMOST A FULL YEAR NOW. Holy shit and shineola, I didn't realize it was THAT LONG. And how she "just wants Heather to move on," and Glenn says that he'll keep his fingers crossed, probably kicking himself for asking about that cluster.

2. Sweatney and Glenn are on the ellipticals at a local gym, and Sweatney is so fat that her gigantic thighs are smacking into the sides of the elliptical. Glenn is clearly going at least 2x faster than she is, which is pretty much a snail's pace. Of course, she's panting like one of those Mountain Dogs in 100-degree weather even though she's barely making any movement. She tells Glenn that she is thinking about starting a podcast, which Glenn has no idea what that is, and after Sweatney explains he says it's not a good idea because Sweatney tends to embarrass her parents when she doesn't have any restrictions. She starts whining about her left knee 'sliding out' in high school and that she should have an MRI.

3. Sweatney is driving with Babs at the wheel, and she reminds Babs about the time she stole some extra candy at Miss Cindy's (whoever that is) and Babs made her return the additional piece of candy. No clue why this was important at all, except maybe the producers wanted to make Sweatney look like even more of a gluttonous thief and Babs look a little more like a responsible parent.

• Love 8
On 3/10/2018 at 3:50 AM, Honey said:

They were all talking about going to visit the pig, though. So Babs has to be told. 

• Love 1

They were all talking about going to visit the pig, though. So Babs has to be told. 

When I saw that scene with the foreknowledge that Mr. Pigglesworth had probably left this earthly sphere it crossed my mind that it had been filmed after the family had learned the news. I think it is likely it was filmed much later than the incident.  How long had Alastair been gone? Had there been any mention of visiting him before this episode? I think it was a way to flesh out the storyline.

• Love 2
On 3/14/2018 at 7:04 PM, lightninggirl said:

Extra Fabulous scenes recap:

1. Sweatney is in the back of the car with Babs & Glenn, her seatbelt screaming for dear life while it's being ripped apart at the seams (literally), bitching about how Buddy was so out of line getting on her ass about not quitting the race. She basically recaps about how sad it is that poor, beleaguered Heather hasn't gotten any closure ... AND THAT IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR ALMOST A FULL YEAR NOW. Holy shit and shineola, I didn't realize it was THAT LONG. And how she "just wants Heather to move on," and Glenn says that he'll keep his fingers crossed, probably kicking himself for asking about that cluster.

2. Sweatney and Glenn are on the ellipticals at a local gym, and Sweatney is so fat that her gigantic thighs are smacking into the sides of the elliptical. Glenn is clearly going at least 2x faster than she is, which is pretty much a snail's pace. Of course, she's panting like one of those Mountain Dogs in 100-degree weather even though she's barely making any movement. She tells Glenn that she is thinking about starting a podcast, which Glenn has no idea what that is, and after Sweatney explains he says it's not a good idea because Sweatney tends to embarrass her parents when she doesn't have any restrictions. She starts whining about her left knee 'sliding out' in high school and that she should have an MRI.

3. Sweatney is driving with Babs at the wheel, and she reminds Babs about the time she stole some extra candy at Miss Cindy's (whoever that is) and Babs made her return the additional piece of candy. No clue why this was important at all, except maybe the producers wanted to make Sweatney look like even more of a gluttonous thief and Babs look a little more like a responsible parent.

Hilarious! I still can't get over the fact that she's too big for the elliptical. I'd love to see a whole workout session. 

• Love 3
On 3/7/2018 at 1:15 PM, LGGirl said:

Whit has yet to convince me that her life is so fabulous.   She is 33 and can barely get herself up the stairs.   She is talking to Buddy and is winded.  Explain to me how is that fabulous?   

The only thing that is fabulous about Whit’s life is that TLC is crazy enough to pay her.  

She's so fat she can't fit between the hand rails on a commercial grade elliptical machine. What's fabulous about that?

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

She's so fat she can't fit between the hand rails on a commercial grade elliptical machine. What's fabulous about that?

Was this in a video? Even though I know she’s very large this seems almost incomprehensible to me. Those machines are BIG

• Love 3
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

Was this in a video? Even though I know she’s very large this seems almost incomprehensible to me. Those machines are BIG

In the Extra Fabulous, I think. She was trying to use the machine at the gym and then laughing about how she didn't fit between the hand rails. Also, when Buddy came into the house, she couldn't get up off her bed by standing up. She sort of had to get a roll going and ooze toward the floor.

Fabulous life, really.

By the way I can't entirely fault Babs for poor driving with Shitney in the car. A dead weight of that magnitude on one side of the car has a notable effect on the handling of a passenger car, meaning Babs has not only to get used to driving again but compensate for a car that's overloaded on one side and not handling properly.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

In the Extra Fabulous, I think. She was trying to use the machine at the gym and then laughing about how she didn't fit between the hand rails. Also, when Buddy came into the house, she couldn't get up off her bed by standing up. She sort of had to get a roll going and ooze toward the floor.

Fabulous life, really.

By the way I can't entirely fault Babs for poor driving with Shitney in the car. A dead weight of that magnitude on one side of the car has a notable effect on the handling of a passenger car, meaning Babs has not only to get used to driving again but compensate for a car that's overloaded on one side and not handling properly 

Wow. That’s just horrible. I just can’t get over how often she laughs at stuff like this. If I was in a gym and unable to fit on a commercial grade machine it would send me home is tears and Id probably never eat again.  I know for a lot of people joking around covers insecurities but with Whitney I don’t even get that feeling. She just seems completely out of touch with the state of her body even in the face of undeniable evidence. 

Edited to add - about the car, I’m actually surprised Whitney can still get into the front seat of a car much less fit  behind the wheel and drive. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

So is Twitney.

There tends to be some side-to-side movement by most of us who use ellipticals.  Twit might fit standing still, but she'd easily be bumping the rails with every attempted step.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

So it Twitney.

There tends to be some side-to-side movement by most of us who use ellipticals.  Twit might fit standing still, but she'd easily be bumping the rails with every attempted step.

I'm not sure if ellipticals are like treadmills, which come in different widths. Typically with a treadmill the ones intended for the home (which will range anywhere from a couple hundred to couple thousand dollars) are narrower than the ones that they have in gyms.

Even still, I cannot imagine not fitting between the hand rails of my treadmill at home.

• Love 3