Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Who's Your Buddy?

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Glenn, stop asking Whitney for grandchildren.   Her own life is a complete mess, and look at the guys she's "dated".  There wasn't a single  normal relationship  among them.   That fake pregnancy ?  Yeah that Lenny would have made some dad.  I think he dated her on a dare.     Hey, how about asking her brother  for those grandchildren?  Highly doubtful she can conceive anyway.

That.  Plus if and when Hunter has a child it's the whole passing on the Thore last name.  Why would Glenn want Twit to have kids before Hunter?  Unless he's being a real prick and has the old fashion sense that a woman's worth isn't much if she doesn't have kids and that Twit is getting past the child bearing years.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit will be 34 in April.

13 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

She is in no physical shape to carry and birth a child! She is in not shape to take care of an infant and toddler and raise a child. Glenn is delusional about this. She would need to meet a wonderful partner to do all the child rearing work, but I don't see how someone wonderful would put up with her. But that is putting the cart before the horse, so to speak. She is too obese to be pregnant, it is dangerous at that weight, considered high risk. I wonder if Glenn puts the same pressure on Hunter? Hunter is more likely to give them grandchildren than Twit.

Given her age, her physical condition, her personality and her questionable ability to even conceive considering her medical issues, I think it's very irresponsible of Glenn to put pressure on her to have a child.   He probably doesn't do the same thing with Hunter because he's a guy and can have kids easily for decades plus he is younger.  Glenn realizes that the clock is ticking with Twit, hence the pressure.  But she is in NO position to have a child in just about every way.  At this point she doesn't even act like she really wants a child.  If she did, she would have responded differently after Ashley gave birth.  Somehow I don't see her giving into Glenn's pressure despite all her talking about not wanting to wake up at 40 without kids.

• Love 6

I wonder if part of Glen’s talk of Whitney having a kid is a desire for her to ‘get a life’ and being that he’s older and a bit backward his thought is babies. It’s also possible that he hopes having a baby to care for will cut down on her narcissistic ways. He seems to me to be in a desperate mode with Whitney. He’s doing anything to get her to exercise. He is encouraging babies which he probably equates with a relationship and stability. I think he’s terrified that she’s going to die or that he and Babs are going to be wiping her ass and cleaning her fat folds when they are 85 and she is bed ridden. 

That said, he is going about it all wrong. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Maricopa said:

I'm a native of the south, and "yes ma'am" is meant to be an insult to anyone over 40. Which I am. Last time I rented a car while home, I hollered at the desk lady to STOP YES MA'AM-ING ME! Gah.

What??? I live in the south. That's just not true. In the south, it's taught as a sign of respect to address people over 40 as Ma'am and Sir. 

• Love 20

I don’t think Glenn really wants her to have a kid so much as he wishes she wasn’t this reality “star” with weird cat breath and sport bra fetishes with seemingly little direction in life and increasingly limiting her options with the ongoing weight gain.  

Getting married, kids career etc is the “normal” thing people do...and she isn’t anywhere near that.  

He knows what people say about her on sites like this....and that’s gotta hurt.

I don’t think he is stupid.  He just wants “normal”.

• Love 18
39 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Given her age, her physical condition, her personality and her questionable ability to even conceive considering her medical issues, I think it's very irresponsible of Glenn to put pressure on her to have a child.   He probably doesn't do the same thing with Hunter because he's a guy and can have kids easily for decades plus he is younger.  Glenn realizes that the clock is ticking with Twit, hence the pressure.  But she is in NO position to have a child in just about every way.  At this point she doesn't even act like she really wants a child.  If she did, she would have responded differently after Ashley gave birth.  Somehow I don't see her giving into Glenn's pressure despite all her talking about not wanting to wake up at 40 without kids.

Exactly, this is what I was trying to say. I know the morbidly obese birth children every day and that it is possible to do so. Some of these plump women I am sure make wonderful mothers and have stable partners. Whitney is not in that category. I used to be married, I had a steady boyfriend and when those ended, I used to be desperate for a boyfriend. I hated being alone in the house. After that, I got a little dog. Now I have a little lap dog and if this makes me the crazy poodle lady, so be it. The poodle in my avatar photo passed away last July and I realized after a few months, that I NEED a little dog for company and to be my friend. I have since got another little friend. It helps me not feel lonely at night without a man. I think for Whitney the cats serve this purpose too, it is fine in my opinion to collect pets and not boyfriends. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

That.  Plus if and when Hunter has a child it's the whole passing on the Thore last name.  Why would Glenn want Twit to have kids before Hunter?  Unless he's being a real prick and has the old fashion sense that a woman's worth isn't much if she doesn't have kids and that Twit is getting past the child bearing years.

It doesn't necessarily have to do with relative worth of male and female children. It's just a fact that it would be a hell of a lot easier for Hunter, assuming he's in good health,  to father a child at age 50, than it would be for Whitney to give birth at 34, let alone 50.  And for all we know, Glenn and Babs drop pointed comments at Hunter, too - but it's not his show, so it's not a storyline.

I agree it's obnoxious when parents nag children to produce grandchildren, especially when the children aren't close to being in a situation where having a child would be a good idea for any number of reasons.

• Love 4

So many nits to pick:

1. Glenn was surprised Whitney had so much trouble in the 8k "given all her training".

That?  Is BULLSHIT.  

A couple of leisurely walks in the park with friends (which actually had Whitney complaining) and a trip to the pool where she spent more time making weirdly sexual faces at her father than actually swimming is not "training" for a distance race.

Training for a distance race consists of gradually and methodically increasing your distance in a disciplined way so that by the time of the race you've actually done that distance already, or done close enough to that distance for the adrenaline of the actual race to make up the difference.  

We know Whitney didn't train like that because if she did we would've seen or heard about it.

2. Setting aside Buddy's newly-sober propensity to see "addiction" everywhere, he was absolutely right about how Whitney stopping the race.  A cardinal rule of distance running/walking is that there are certain pains and discomforts (specifically skeletal, tendon, ligament, etc.) that you don't push through.  That's a recipe for a more serious injury that will bench you and set back your progress even further than stopping the race when you have the discomfort.  

3. Whitney talking about "finishing" the race and posting a time.  I've looked online but couldn't find out if the Coconut Chase 8K has a minimum pace requirement.  Maybe it's just never been an issue before.  But in any distance race that I'm familiar with (starting with half-marathons) Whitney's pace would've had her pulled off the course by race officials at one of the time-checks.  

4.  I'll defend Glenn a little bit on the cat and grandchild thing.  I realize he's using shitty examples, but I think the point he's trying to get across is "grow the fuck up!".  Alas, a lot of the shit he put up with from Whitney this week demonstrates that he's one of the reasons for this pathetic hump's infantilization.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

So many nits to pick:

1. Glenn was surprised Whitney had so much trouble in the 8k "given all her training".

That?  Is BULLSHIT.  

A couple of leisurely walks in the park with friends (which actually had Whitney complaining) and a trip to the pool where she spent more time making weirdly sexual faces at her father than actually swimming is not "training" for a distance race.

Training for a distance race consists of gradually and methodically increasing your distance in a disciplined way so that by the time of the race you've actually done that distance already, or done close enough to that distance for the adrenaline of the actual race to make up the difference.  

We know Whitney didn't train like that because if she did we would've seen or heard about it.

2. Setting aside Buddy's newly-sober propensity to see "addiction" everywhere, he was absolutely right about how Whitney stopping the race.  A cardinal rule of distance running/walking is that there are certain pains and discomforts (specifically skeletal, tendon, ligament, etc.) that you don't push through.  That's a recipe for a more serious injury that will bench you and set back your progress even further than stopping the race when you have the discomfort.  

3. Whitney talking about "finishing" the race and posting a time.  I've looked online but couldn't find out if the Coconut Chase 8K has a minimum pace requirement.  Maybe it's just never been an issue before.  But in any distance race that I'm familiar with (starting with half-marathons) Whitney's pace would've had her pulled off the course by race officials at one of the time-checks.  

4.  I'll defend Glenn a little bit on the cat and grandchild thing.  I realize he's using shitty examples, but I think the point he's trying to get across is "grow the fuck up!".  Alas, a lot of the shit he put up with from Whitney this week demonstrates that he's one of the reasons for this pathetic hump's infantilization.

Yes I agree she would have been pulled at any other race. I think because it was being filmed they allowed her to go on. You see they had pulled everything down. I guess she inconvenienced the Race Director and race volunteers by having them not break down the finish line for her to finish. Which I hoped she thanked them for, but she has not mentioned that, so I doubt she did. Race volunteers don't want to hang out an extra 2 hours! This is the reason they pull competitors over a certain time- the officials have gone home! The volunteers have gone home! People have a life and it does not revolve around a morbidly obese person 300 pounds overweight getting carried over the finish line 2 hours after the minimum time. Also these minimum time requirements are usually EXTREMELY generous to allow elderly people and first timers etc to complete the race. They don't want to pull people, they want people to have a great day and reach their goal, however slow it may be. But Whitney was way way beyond that.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I am guessing that it is a pretty small race and they're fairly informal about that sort of thing. Actually the vast majority of races will not pull you off course (called "sweeping" or "being swept") if you're behind pace. I can only think of two offhand, the Marine Corps Marathon (you need to cross a certain bridge by a certain time) and Disneyworld races. Other races, they'll let you finish, but they won't give aid after a certain time, and it's finishing at your own risk. Sometimes they won't give you a medal (although usually they do if they're still around and have medals to give out) and often they won't give you an official finish time (sometimes they will). I finished the Green Bay Marathon in dead-last place one year and was 45 minutes after the official cutoff, and I didn't get a finish time but I did get a medal. No course support for the last 6 miles though. Same thing when I did the Cincinnati marathon one year. With 5 marathon finishes and about 35 half finishes I have never been pulled off course for being slow. They have just moved me to the sidewalk and closed the aid stations.

I don't think many races shorter than half marathons even bother advertising a time limit - they probably didn't expect anyone as slow as Whit to bother showing up. 

• Love 7

That race was in a park, so it didn't matter if she took weeks to finish it. If the race is on an open road, and there are policemen and other vehicles out there closing the road to cars, they usually do advertise a cut-off time in my experience- although my experience is not with running races. If you had to move to the sidewalk that makes sense and if they had to open up the bridge. At Disney, I did an inline skate marathon and they did it before the park opened so we had to get done at a certain time. In any case,  my point was that she although she could finish without support and on her own, she did hold up them taking down the finish line. Because it was there when she crossed it. She did hold up the people who had the job of taking down the finish line. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

So many nits to pick:

That?  Is BULLSHIT.  

I agree about Glenn's mystification that Twit had soooo much trouble.  Clueless guy, perhaps, orrrrrrr  maybe three other reasons:

1)  I'm wondering if Twit bullshitted him about training more often than she did, and he wants to believe her. 

2) Her so-called "dance" career that she talks about like it's a real thing, and he wants to believe her, thinking that she's "dancing" regularly in her garage/shuffle feet/cat pee studio or at BGDC, although she is really just hanging out gossiping with her high school friends, I mean, paid barnacles. 

3)  He was feeling guilty and embarrassed being on camera that his ploy to get her to exercises didn't work (duh! as Twit would say), plus her over-acting hurt, which was doubly embarrassing, as it should have been to everyone in Hawaii.  He's trying to act like he thinks a father should, but that boat sailed when she was 3 and he never said no to her since then.

• Love 8

I don't think Glenn cares that much about grandchildren. I think his comments really mean that he wants Whitney to have a traditional marriage, like he does, where the husband "takes care" of the wife, like he does.  Right now he and Babs are most likely helping Whitney financially and he knows the day will come when they won't be there for her.   I feel so sorry for Glenn and Babs.

I think Whitney would love to be Buddy's romantic interest, she's jealous of Heather (for having had Buddy's interest and for not being Fat), and she secretly delights in being able to tell Heather, "Buddy doesn't want you any more."  I can't stand Whitney.

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

Does anyone know what the ratings were for this episode? Or where to look for that info? It doesn't seem to be forthcoming on Google for me. 

I'll get the ratings for you on Fri when they are finalized.

• Love 3

I'll defend Glenn a little bit on the cat and grandchild thing.  I realize he's using shitty examples, but I think the point he's trying to get across is "grow the fuck up!".  Alas, a lot of the shit he put up with from Whitney this week demonstrates that he's one of the reasons for this pathetic hump's infantilization.

He probably does want her to grow up but those are shitty examples. Having children doesn't make you a grown up (it should, but doesn't) and not having them doesn't mean you aren't mature and adult. Similarly, having pets doesn't make you immature. If anything, it should be the opposite. And those cats have nothing to do with why Whitney doesn't have a love interest.

I agree that Glenn is "old-fashioned" in that he wants Whitney to be married. My dad was like that and it drove me nuts. I'm driven even nuttier by the fact that... he was sort of right. I was fine on my own for a very long time (44) and I didn't "need" a husband to be grown up and settled and happy. But I have to admit, having a life partner is much more satisfying than I ever thought it would be. I'm sure Glenn and Babs do worry about the day they are no longer around to look after Whitney and if they aren't, they should be. But they should also realize that a) marriage doesn't guarantee lifelong security and companionship and b) you can have a stable, happy, fulfilling and loving life without marriage.

I'm sure Glenn and Babs would love to have grandchildren but their kids don't owe them that. I kind of wish they'd be quiet about it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

That race was in a park, so it didn't matter if she took weeks to finish it. If the race is on an open road, and there are policemen and other vehicles out there closing the road to cars, they usually do advertise a cut-off time in my experience- although my experience is not with running races. If you had to move to the sidewalk that makes sense and if they had to open up the bridge. At Disney, I did an inline skate marathon and they did it before the park opened so we had to get done at a certain time. In any case,  my point was that she although she could finish without support and on her own, she did hold up them taking down the finish line. Because it was there when she crossed it. She did hold up the people who had the job of taking down the finish line. 

This is exactly what I was thinking when ClaireWalks mentioned a cut off time for the Marine Corps marathon. That race closes roads in DC and since the traffic here is the 7th circle of Hell they can’t just close them off indefinitely. Since this  was done in a park and was basically a circle it didn’t really affect the public at large. Plus I suspect that TLC knew it was going to take her hours to finish if she even did and had worked out the situation ahead of time with the race people. Even if it had closed enough that there was no longer race support or medical attention, I am pretty sure the TLC crew has a medic or at least they bring someone in any time they have her doing anything remotely strenuous. If she keels over they don’t want to be accused of not providing adequate medical help.  I don’t think TLC would consider it good TV if she died waiting for medical help while attempting something everyone with 1/2 a brain knows she isn’t physically fit enough to do. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

3)  He was feeling guilty and embarrassed being on camera that his ploy to get her to exercises didn't work (duh! as Twit would say), plus her over-acting hurt, which was doubly embarrassing, as it should have been to everyone in Hawaii.  He's trying to act like he thinks a father should, but that boat sailed when she was 3 and he never said no to her since then.

How many things has Glen done over the 5 seasons to get Twit to lose a few pounds?? Off the top of my head:

1. buying some nice containers for her to portion control.  2. going on a diet with her.  3.  Races and more races. 4. Building a dance studio in her garage. 5. the fake funeral.

Really Glen. It's a lost cause. What they need to do is basically stop enabling her. 

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Really Glen. It's a lost cause. What they need to do is basically stop enabling her. 

But it looks like they may be roadies if Whit & Todd take the dance class on the road.  (Maybe Babs can drive a van.)

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, auntjess said:

But it looks like they may be roadies if Whit & Todd take the dance class on the road.  (Maybe Babs can drive a van.)

If they do that, I would watch a "Glen and Babs On the Road" show. Without Whitney.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Brooks said:

the guy correcting Babs that she wasn't driving 75 or 85 mph?

Hah.  I had forgotten about that. I did think Babs was adorable in that quick segment when he corrected her, and she laughed. 

• Love 2
(edited)

If Glenn wants Twit to birth him some grand babies I hope he’s prepared to raise those grand babies himself. Twit can’t even be bothered to treat her cats correctly, poor things. She can’t be bothered to clean their litter boxes. Can you imagine the poor babies with diapers that are only changed once a week?  

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, SouthernCross said:

I don’t think Glenn really wants her to have a kid so much as he wishes she wasn’t this reality “star” with weird cat breath and sport bra fetishes with seemingly little direction in life and increasingly limiting her options with the ongoing weight gain.  

Getting married, kids career etc is the “normal” thing people do...and she isn’t anywhere near that.  

He knows what people say about her on sites like this....and that’s gotta hurt.

I don’t think he is stupid.  He just wants “normal”.

I think this last sentence sums up Glen. He just wants normal. He doesn’t want his kid to be a freak show.  He doesn’t want her so overweight she’s disabled. He doesn’t want her sticking her ass in the air for someone else to rub cream on because she can’t reach it. He just wants a regular life with regular kids. And I’m sure he would like a trip to Hawaii without Hurricane Whitney wreaking havoc on everything and everyone. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think that Whit could date if she really wanted to.  I've never seen obesity cause any person to be alone, if they didn't want to be. Many obese people are in relationships, married, have children, etc.  This includes plenty of people who are much larger than Whitney. 

The problem is not Twit's size that is a problem. It's her oversized personality, lack of boundaries, and general unpleasantness that is the turn off. But I think a lot of guys out there look at her and can see what happens when Twit is turned down or a relationship doesn't work out like with Avi (even if he was a slime bag in his own right) and she goes bat crap crazy and has this horde of followers that behave like rabid wolves on prey. I can understand not wanting to get involved.

12 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I agree about Glenn's mystification that Twit had soooo much trouble.  Clueless guy, perhaps, orrrrrrr  maybe three other reasons:

1)  I'm wondering if Twit bullshitted him about training more often than she did, and he wants to believe her. 

2) Her so-called "dance" career that she talks about like it's a real thing, and he wants to believe her, thinking that she's "dancing" regularly in her garage/shuffle feet/cat pee studio or at BGDC, although she is really just hanging out gossiping with her high school friends, I mean, paid barnacles. 

I think she was bullshitting him and unfortunately, he wants to believe what she tells him. On some level, he knows the truth, but I think he always holds out hope that she'll surprise him and get her shit together. I think she also seemed to look just fine going into the race with the activities they did leading up to it (swimming with dolphins, surfing, etc.) and he saw her trot to Buddy across the sand like it was nothing. I think he knows what her limits are and they far exceed what she did during the race. I suspect that, had she wanted to, she could have lumbered through the 8k without throwing a fit. Yeah, she may have had to stop a few times, but she could have finished it in a reasonable time. She was acting for the cameras to make sure Glenn never ever asks her to be active again.

• Love 7
(edited)
22 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I'm in Virginia, and people say "yes, ma'am" to me all the time. It makes me feel old. I think it's quite Southern.

I know that people in many parts of the country still say 'ma'am' and 'sir. ' What I'm looking for is info about the "No, sir. No, ma'am" combination. My people are from Virginia and I went to camp down there many years, but I never heard that combination before. I still like it. It's comprehensive. And probably more suitable for work than the ever popular, "Hell, no!" : )

Edited by aliya
'cause I know how to speak English
  • Love 1

What I'm looking for info about is the "No, sir. No, ma'am" combination. My people are from Virginia and I went to camp down there many years, but I never heard that combination before. I still like it. It's comprehensive. And probably more suitable for work than the ever popular, "Hell, no!" : )

I have family in southwestern Virginia and I hear it there. I wouldn't say it's common exactly but it's not unusual either.

11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think that Whit could date if she really wanted to.  I've never seen obesity cause any person to be alone, if they didn't want to be. Many obese people are in relationships, married, have children, etc.  This includes plenty of people who are much larger than Whitney. 

10 hours ago, MyBigFatFakeLife said:

Absolutely! Everyone deserves to be loved (well, almost everyone). But Whitney isn’t that much into fat men, except for Roy, although I still don’t know what the hell that was. She’s worried about the logistics of the situation. I still remember how she quickly made sure to refer to Lenny as thin when someone asked if her boyfriend was fat as well. Lenny was many things, thin he was not. 

I think Whitney could be happy with an overweight man, but i have the impression her weight limit is about Buddy’s size. Or someone of regular size like Avi with an obvious fetish for fat women. Dating is hard, including for our “dear” Whitney. 

He also has to have a nice smelling beard and armpits, and be okay with her snuffling around in there whenever she feels like :D

• Love 4
13 hours ago, DanaMB said:
20 hours ago, Maricopa said:

I'm a native of the south, and "yes ma'am" is meant to be an insult to anyone over 40. Which I am. Last time I rented a car while home, I hollered at the desk lady to STOP YES MA'AM-ING ME! Gah.

It must depend on where in the south, because where I live it's a sign of respect, no matter how old someone is. Maybe it's more a small town thing.

Nope. I'm from Chapel Hill, which is a small place. Anyone saying "Ma'am" might as well just spout forth "bless your heart..." It's very much an on-purpose insult to folks who ain't young as we used to be. Mebbe we just took it to a new level in the college town...where it was once a common saying, now it's a drag-down diss. You just. Do. Not. Say. That. Anymore.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What??? I live in the south. That's just not true. In the south, it's taught as a sign of respect to address people over 40 as Ma'am and Sir. 

Yeah, no kidding. Aside from civilians, almost any military guy will call a female of any age, 'ma'am.' It's not an insult. 

• Love 7

Kind of unrelated, but my GOD, the TLC previews... If I have to hear Maddie screaming "I CAAANNNNNN'TTTT!!!! " from her birthing bathtub one more time I'm going to gouge my eyes out. They play it every three minutes, I swear. I have learned to grab the remote and hit mute every time that preview starts.

Also, Duggars. I had the misfortune of leaving the TV on after Twitney's show the other night. J-name and her husband put up a bookshelf!  Other J-name and her husband eat dinner outside!  J-name boy and his brothers go to pick out ties for his wedding!  J-name and her husband cut their baby's hair!  Please, put that show out of its misery.

• Love 19

Nope. I'm from Chapel Hill, which is a small place. Anyone saying "Ma'am" might as well just spout forth "bless your heart..." It's very much an on-purpose insult to folks who ain't young as we used to be. Mebbe we just took it to a new level in the college town...where it was once a common saying, now it's a drag-down diss. You just. Do. Not. Say. That. Anymore.

Maybe it's only an insult in Chapel Hill...

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

My lame RHoNY joke about LuAnn's now ex.

but Heather is as stubborn about Buddy as Lu was about Tom.

And now . . . who's LuAnn?

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I wonder if part of Glen’s talk of Whitney having a kid is a desire for her to ‘get a life’ and being that he’s older and a bit backward his thought is babies. It’s also possible that he hopes having a baby to care for will cut down on her narcissistic ways. He seems to me to be in a desperate mode with Whitney. He’s doing anything to get her to exercise. He is encouraging babies which he probably equates with a relationship and stability. I think he’s terrified that she’s going to die or that he and Babs are going to be wiping her ass and cleaning her fat folds when they are 85 and she is bed ridden. 

That said, he is going about it all wrong. 

This a million times, I’ve known a few Glenns, my in-laws’ friends, and several of them have come right out and said they wished that their son/daughter would have kids so they (the adults children) would grow up.  I guess it never occurred to them their own kids could still be immature brats while popping out kids.  I think Glenn may think getting married and having a family settled him and Babs down, so it would do the same for Whitney. I don’t necessarily agree with that and I still hold out the idea that Glenn wants Whitney to have a husband so it takes the financial and emotional burden off him.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 6

Glenn has a lotta nerve pressuring Whitney to have kids, considering that he and Babs are such parental failures themselves.  They already raised two life losers...  what makes him think the cycle of crippling failure won't continue with any kids Whitney might drop?  It's a virtual guarantee that her kids would also become bloodsucking barnacles on society. 

He's delusional and irresponsible. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Dr. Acula said:

Glenn has a lotta nerve pressuring Whitney to have kids, considering that he and Babs are such parental failures themselves.  They already raised two life losers...  what makes him think the cycle of crippling failure won't continue with any kids Whitney might drop?  It's a virtual guarantee that her kids would also become bloodsucking barnacles on society. 

He's delusional and irresponsible. 

Seriously. Whitney can't even take care of herself. She really needs to turn her self around RIGHT NOW if she wants hope of a family. Between meeting a suitable partner ( and getting to know them) losing a few hundred pounds to make pregnancy less risky...time is probably up for her. 

She would like like Penny from my 600 lb life, who can't do anything with her kid because she can't get out the front door. It is sad and doesn't have to be like that. She can fix it if she wants. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, greekmom said:

How many things has Glen done over the 5 seasons to get Twit to lose a few pounds?? Off the top of my head:

1. buying some nice containers for her to portion control.  2. going on a diet with her.  3.  Races and more races. 4. Building a dance studio in her garage. 5. the fake funeral.

In season one, episode four, Glenn also bought Whit a variety of 13 bathroom scales which he piled up on a counter in the kitchen and lined up carefully on the floor, followed by his reveal that he had also bought yet another scale, this being one of those professional medical stand-up kind you see in actual doctors' offices. It was on that scale we saw Whitney weighed, as of that episode's filming, 382 pounds, and her measurements were 52, 50-ish, 70. (Whit's observation...."And this is only 500 pounds capacity. I don't know how much longer to go before I can't get on this one.")

• Love 6

We mustn't forget the punching bag he gave her to entice her to work out.

• Love 4
(edited)

Whit having a child????? OMG the horror.  You know darn well she would gain about 100lbs during pregnancy.  She would swell up and get edema in those trunks of hers and would end up bed bound.  She would use the pregnancy excuse to eat every craving she could think of and say it is for the baby.  She would stop any activity not only cause she couldn't but because it would be dangerous.  AND having a little one is a hella lotta work!  Walking a crying baby, lifting it up out of the crib, chasing a toddler through the house, taking it to the park, taking all the equipment in and out of the car, and all the rest of the actions it takes to get through a day..the feedings, the diaper changes, the laundry, the bathing, etc etc.  Some authorities also say it is not good to have cats around infants as it may carry diseases.  Twit would not be able to lay around on a couch or bed all day!  It would be a total failure.  Glenn needs to give up the idea and so should Twit.

PLUS she would be lazy as hell and have all the barnacles at her beck and call 24-7 to do everything for her

Edited by gigiann
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Seriously. Whitney can't even take care of herself. She really needs to turn her self around RIGHT NOW if she wants hope of a family. Between meeting a suitable partner ( and getting to know them) losing a few hundred pounds to make pregnancy less risky...   even remotely possible,  time is probably up for her. 

Fixed it for ya!  Seriously, even if she loses 200 lbs, she'd still be morbidly obese for a 5'2" woman, and she'd still have PCOS. (And that's with giving her the benefit of a very big doubt and assuming she still weighs around 380.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 6
On 3/7/2018 at 10:11 AM, SenshusWoman said:

I hope the Parents Thore pull a Joan Crawford at the end of the line and cut Whitney out of the will.

That's if she doesn't drain them into insolvency before they pass so that there isn't anything left to leave to anyone. 

• Love 3
On 3/8/2018 at 6:22 AM, DanaMB said:

It must depend on where in the south, because where I live it's a sign of respect, no matter how old someone is. Maybe it's more a small town thing.

Born and raised in Mississippi and I agree with the above. I was taught to say please and thank you, yes ma'am/sir. Mom is "mommy" only when I'm kidding her about something. Occasionally "mumsy" on the phone as an intentional affectation. Dad was dad except my brother always called him "pop" or "pops". No idea where bro got that from. My great-great grandmother was "Momma White" to all and sundry. 

• Love 1