Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Head of Household #5; Nominations #5

• Start Topic

Almost an hour later and I'm still laughing at James trying to name his alliance. From Rad Squad to Deez Nutz to Sloppy Seconds, I was laughing at every single one of them. He truly is a great "character". 

Wow, that HOH comp was fun, and it felt a lot longer than apparently it took James and Mark. And to think James seemed like he was going to complete the first round in less than a minute if he hadn't have fallen. Also, I hate myself for loving the Mark/James encouraging Ross moment, the stupid triumphant music and everything. For a split second, James was human without his ego and he seemed like he could be a good coach. 

So, James gets second in the HOH comp for the fifth time. Well, for the second time, it's because he blatantly throws it. And I don't think he cares if people know. I mean, James knows that he's 100% safe with Mark, so why not? 

Also, Omarosa, yes, James and Mark have a F2. Thanks for stating that, Captain Obvious. I think everyone on the CBS lot has figured that out. 

I think I need Marissa to shut up. "Oh, I want my girls alliance...but...but....the boys are in power...." Girl, pick a damn side. Also, Ross, can you BE any more obvious about your target? All I hear out of his mouth is Omarosa's name. I'm pleased that Mark didn't do what Ross wanted. 

Also, half of the houseguests say Omarosa's name wrong. Marissa, in particular, keeps saying Ah-morosa. 

Oh Lordy, that James musical montage shouldn't have been as funny as it was, but I absolutely lost it at the editors shrinking James' face and put two of them on Mark's nipples. 

Oh, the obligatory White House segment! 

Oh, Brandi...you already dug yourself into your hole, but you couldn't help but going deeper. Brandi on the block is going to be fun when she knows she's the target. 

Oh shit! America's Houseguest! Well, I wonder who it'll be. I'm betting it'll be between Metta and Shannon. Well, maybe not Metta since he basically quit. 

• Love 5

That's a fetching choir robe Omarosa is wearing as she curls her hair and talks to Metta.

Why is Marissa being the host instead of Omarosa? I thought the outgoing HOH read the instructions. Maybe she narrates the final heat. Also, is it cold out? They are wearing jackets. Ha! This is a funny challenge. I wonder how the guys will do. I don't think it's a good idea for Ross to throw this.  James looks so funny hauling himself along on his belly. Nice dramatic music as Ross does his final crawl across.

Actually I'm liking James pretty well. He can be pompous but he's a kind person and wants to do the right thing. Aha, here's Omarosa doing the scores! She sounds a lot like Julie when she talks. Maybe she's auditioning for the announcer role on BB. (Never!! That role belongs to Julie!)

Now I wonder what Mark will do now that he's won, courtesy of James.

Shutup Omarosa! Like no one else cares. The others are just being polite.  Interesting Ross is sticking up for Mark against Brandi's accusations. Of course, Mark is HOH so it's in his best advantage to stick up for Mark.

Mark had a nice HOH nominations speech. One thing about having performers on the show, they are more practiced in doing impromptu speaking. They also read their lines better in the Diary Room.

• Love 6

Brandi is ridiculously obsessive with James.  She even blames him when she's put on the block.  I cannot stand another minute of her nastiness.  Hopefully she'll go next... 

I'm guessing Oma makes it to the finals.  She shockingly is not annoying me ..

• Love 2

STFU Melissa!  I hope her "pivotal" position gets her and her Tony Award booted out of there

I didn't have to climb a rope back in the '70s before Ross was even born.  Is that still a thing?  He's playing a smart "floater" game.  Reminds me of Andy (ugh) without the personal bashing.  He's got a deal with everybody and keeps tabs on everybody.

I love how "St. James" totally pissed off Brandi throwing that HoH.  Good strategery.  As much as I dislike Oma, she has a good head for this game.

Yappy Marissa "painting targets".  I want her to paint one on herself.

I can understand Mark missing music, but I would take silence over James' singing.  Neil Young would be better.

TWENTY THREE DOLLARS and you called somebody to get it comped.  BITCH!

Drunken Brandi attacks the HoH.  Smart way to end up on the block!

Mark stays strong.  Nice speech!  Guilt by association.  heh heh.  He's move to the top of my FTW list.

• Love 2

I wish I muted Omarosa's air Force one crap but by the time I thought of it I figured it was to late. I just don't care about her bull crap stories.

I would have died if James was in that convo about throwing the HOH and said admit he did it for Ross too. I don't think they know about that.

They must force them to say nice things when they put someone up for nominations. I wonder how long it took Mark to come up with something for Brandi. 

• Love 1

I am really hoping that Brandi gets that veto somehow just to piss James off lol. I for one would still love it for a girl to win so if they can rally together at last minute....wont happen though. 

Ross is just damn good at being a social butterfly that everyone likes sans Omarosa. He's played a good game.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, notcreative enough said:

I wish I muted Omarosa's air Force one crap but by the time I thought of it I figured it was to late. I just don't care about her bull crap stories.

I notice when she's asked about the White House and starts talking about her experiences they put up close captioning..They need to make sure we hear everything she says.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

James even corrected Brandi on that right in front of everyone and Omarosa said “Thank you!”  

Oh man, when did this happen? I definitely need a clip.

3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I am really hoping that Brandi gets that veto somehow just to piss James off lol. I for one would still love it for a girl to win so if they can rally together at last minute....wont happen though. 

I wouldn't hate for a girl to win...just not Brandi, so I'm good with her going.

14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, I hate myself for loving the Mark/James encouraging Ross moment, the stupid triumphant music and everything. For a split second, James was human without his ego and he seemed like he could be a good coach. 

I don’t hate myself for laughing my ass off!  I loved Ross comparing it to trying to climb the rope in ninth grade gym class and having the hot jocks yelling at him.  

If Marissa gets to watch the series, I wonder if she is going to cringe when she sees her Tony Award DR.

Shut UP Omarosa.  I do not caaaaaaaare.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I notice when she's asked about the White House and starts talking about her experiences they put up close captioning..They need to make sure we hear everything she says.

Ugh. Save some for the book, Omarosa. I don't want to read it and then realize that your time on Big Brother was like seeing the whole movie just by watching the trailer. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

James has definitely grown on me; but,  wow, he sucks at naming alliances. 

The Veto comp was something different. It was funny, without it being really harmful like the old slip n slide comps. But, boy, Ross - you did NOT have to throw that. 

I thought it was not only smart, but sweet of James to give Mark the HOH. And Omarosa acting like she solved the crime of the century - "they have a final two! Gasp!" - gee, ya think?  What a joke. 

Brandi, questioning the motivation of James's friendship with the HOH probably isn't the smartest idea. But she probably knew she was going up anyway. 

Mark's nom speech was rather refreshing. It wasn't nasty, but he was upfront and honest about his reasons. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I never get tired of the announcer growling (Celebrity) Biiiiiiiiiiiggggggg Brotherrrrrrrrrrrr.

I love him so much.  His voice makes me feel like summer.

I wish I could remember exactly what he said during season six that was one of the funniest things I have ever heard but I think part of the phrase was “plastic-haired bitch.”

• Love 7

Thankfully this is a compressed season...I honestly coudn't last  three whole months of Ross's annoying squeaky voice and the sight of his doughy face. He is literally a cartoon character come to life and is painful to have to endure.

With that said I would have him win over Mark...in fact right now I am my position is ANYBODY but Mark. Does he annoy me like Ross? No, but him winning would be a totally unearned win. He has done nothing but sit back while everyone else plays the game. His HOH is completely bogus as it was given to him. People will always say "Oh floating/coasting is a great strategy! No, it isn't. It's lazy, boring and not true to the spirit of true competition. He's a VICTORIA...I will repeat that...he is a Victoria....the only difference is that because of the compressed nature of this version he can't disappear for entire episodes like Victoria, in my opinion, was famous for.

Tidbits:

Marissa makes some very disturbing facial expression I will not miss.

Please let Shannon Elizabeth win America's favorite but of course, everyone will vote for Ross instead. Ugh.

Did you see Maya Metta's woman a few episodes back? Honestly, I can't blame him for missing a fine female like that.

People want to hate on Omarosa....but she brought a lot of spice to this season that would have been lacking without her.

Ariadna is hard name to pronounce...like the simple Ari.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Last ep, 9, when they were playing tha Twitter game outside.  13:50 in.  

And it was funny....

21 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I wonder if Brandi's instant dislike of James is related to the physical similarity between Maslow and her philandering ex-husband

Not even close ! lol

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, notcreative enough said:

It was the dizzy bowling or whatever. Shannon told James to throw the competition because she thought she could trust Ross. Just wondering if Ross would feel guilty.

Oh, ok..     Sometimes I think the "throwing the competition" is bunch of crap.  Mark has said it a lot, I don't think he had a chance of winning some of them !!!Same for a few others !

Smart play by James to let Mark have the less important HoH when he could ensuring he'll be vying for the next one. Also, pump up Mark a bit and solidify your alliance. Nice work. Ditto with encouraging Ross to finish. Yeah he's kind of a douchebro sometimes and thinks he's cooler/funnier than he really is but he's playing a good game.

Not that it wasn't coming already but way to bitch your way into a nomination there Brandi. She just can't let it go, can she? She was probably going up anyways but calling out the HoH is never a good plan.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

James even corrected Brandi on that right in front of everyone and Omarosa said “Thank you!”  

I’m not sure where so many get the AH sound from.  How do people read Omar?  Ahmar?  Julie was saying Ahmarosa at first, too.  

I’m surprised Omarosa doesn’t have it in her contract that no one is to mispronounce it.  

Does Marissa still work in acting?   Because her speech pattern is so terrible.  She sounds like a high school mean girl.  It’s not vocal fry, it’s something worse. 

I teach high school, so I agree with you 100%. She sounds just like some of my students.

She only knows the word "like" and interrupts EVERYONE when they speak. She also struggles to use complete sentences when she speaks; it's as if she's speaking or trying to form sentences out loud just to hear the sound of her own voice. When she's not speaking, she's thinking about what she'll say next.

Or maybe it's because she bitches about things that don't need to be bitched about? On BBAfterDark, she was bitching about just having sat down when the washing machine happened to finish at the same time. She didn't want to get her arse up out of her chair to throw laundry into the dryer.

Also, during the red carpet competition, she couldn't pronounce "simultaneous" the way normal people do. It sounded as if she said "sye-mue-taneously." She omitted a letter from the word. 

Also, 2003 called. They want her to shut the hell up and stop trying to relive her glory days. Yes, winning a Tony is a big deal, and she did work voicing a character on "American Dad", but per IMDB, she's not exactly been a steadily employed actress. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, threebluestars said:

HOLY CRAP is Brandi really 45??? Wikipedia says so but the source is dodgy, because I would have bet good money that she was in her late 50s.

I just Googled Ross's age and he's ONLY 38!! I thought for sure he'd be in his mid-to-late 40s. I think it's the prominent gray hair that threw me (which I love on a man!), but he hasn't aged well. Maybe he's not as diligent about daily SPF as many of us are who live in SoCal? He's not covered in wrinkles, but he just straight up looks older than his age. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

That's a fetching choir robe Omarosa is wearing as she curls her hair and talks to Metta.

Said the EXACT same thing to my better half the other night.  :D

4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Why is Marissa being the host instead of Omarosa? I thought the outgoing HOH read the instructions. 

Took me a second to figure that out as well.  

The comp involved two separate heats, from which the scores would be combined into a head-to-head tally across both heats, with the top three going into a final heat.

TPTB didn’t want to give the HoH the chance to observe both - and possibly give the second-heaters advice or information based on observing the first-heaters, thereby giving the second-heaters an advantage.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I think the big double chin makes him look older also.

Yes! That's it! I would never body shame anyone, but that definitely makes him look older, as well as his physical build.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh shit! America's Houseguest! Well, I wonder who it'll be. I'm betting it'll be between Metta and Shannon. Well, maybe not Metta since he basically quit. 

Metta would have had a chance until he quit which turns people totally off.  Shannon would have had a chance but she was a horribly whiny sore loser and has been gone long enough to be forgotten somewhat by now. 

I'd say it is between Ross and maybe James at this point.  I'd cast all my votes for Ross for sure.  He has been positive, non whiny, entertaining and is a damn good player.  So has James but I enjoy Ross on the screen a bit more.  He isn't mean, makes me laugh and he doesn't annoy me which is all I ask of someone on BB.

Edited by green
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, green said:

Metta would have had a chance until he quit which turns people totally off.  Shannon would have had a chance but she was a horribly whiny sore loser and has been gone long enough to be forgotten somewhat by now. 

I'd say it is between Ross and maybe James at this point.  I'd cast all my votes for Ross for sure.  He has been positive, non whiny, entertaining and is a damn good player.  So has James but I enjoy Ross on the screen a bit more.  He isn't mean, makes me laugh and he doesn't annoy me which is all I ask of someone on BB.

I agree with all of this, and in fact I just this minute cast all of my votes for Ross.  I think he's enjoyable - He makes me laugh too, and I think he's playing a good game.  I also like James, and have from the start.

Shannon doesn't deserve it, IMO.  She was annoying, had too much of a sense of entitlement, and did not play the game well.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, green said:

James’s chances probably went up about 1000% after tonight’s episode, and his sacrifice of HoH to Mark so Mark could get letters and pictures from home.  And I’d guess that was right about balanced by the decline in Omarosa’s and Brandi’s chances, on account of their cynical comments about same.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Ross is just damn good at being a social butterfly that everyone likes sans Omarosa. He's played a good game.

I would just love for a season where gender wasn't issue. No men vs women battle of the sexes stuff. Every season with this now. May the best player win please. 

Brandi sucks at this game. Can't stay low for one second. Good riddance to her when she leaves because ain't winning. 

I hope a good player wins. That's it.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Bridget said:

I just Googled Ross's age and he's ONLY 38!! I thought for sure he'd be in his mid-to-late 40s. I think it's the prominent gray hair that threw me (which I love on a man!), but he hasn't aged well. Maybe he's not as diligent about daily SPF as many of us are who live in SoCal? He's not covered in wrinkles, but he just straight up looks older than his age. 

Holy crap. I'M 38 and I would never guess he's my age. Looks aside, I just feel he ACTS older. I can't put my finger on it, but he gives off an older vibe somehow. That is shocking. 

• Love 3

I normally leap to vote for America's Favorite, but I have no idea.  I loved Shannon at the start, but then she had that silly meltdown. 

As I was thinking about this, I was thinking about why self-evictees and all I've enjoyed this brief BB -- probably because these people are more media savvy, they haven't been engaged in the blatant backstabbing and mean girl (even if it is a boy) behavior that makes me so angry, so fast during regular BB.  We haven't see one profanity-laced argument!  I don't even remember seeing the F word bleeped out!  

• Love 2

When Mark was talking about how he missed music, I was so hoping he'd go into the exercise room and regale us with "Someday" or "When It's Over."  Probably can't due to copyrights or some such thing, but James' love song to Mark was a pretty good substitute.  I dig their bromance.

Regarding Mark - maybe this has been discussed but I can't figure out what is going on with his face and hair.  I don't think he's over-Botoxed because he can move his forehead (unlike Brandi).  But there's something about him that looks so different from when he was younger, and it's not just aging.  I feel like his hair color is too close to his skin tone?  I don't know, but whatever it is, it always distracts me.

That said, I want him to win.  I think he's playing with a good, low-key strategy while also managing to stay under the radar.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, the obligatory White House segment! 

and I missed it due to stirring chili.......................

8 hours ago, Nashville said:

Said the EXACT same thing to my better half the other night.  :D

Took me a second to figure that out as well.  

The comp involved two separate heats, from which the scores would be combined into a head-to-head tally across both heats, with the top three going into a final heat.

TPTB didn’t want to give the HoH the chance to observe both - and possibly give the second-heaters advice or information based on observing the first-heaters, thereby giving the second-heaters an advantage.

Good catch!  That makes sense.

12 hours ago, threebluestars said:

HOLY CRAP is Brandi really 45??? Wikipedia says so but the source is dodgy, because I would have bet good money that she was in her late 50s.

I could not love you more for this.

11 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:
13 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

I would have died if James was in that convo about throwing the HOH and said admit he did it for Ross too. I don't think they know about that.

Wait, what ??

In the boy's heat James encouraged Ross to keep going and he was giving him tips on how to accomplish the red carpet.  He would not let him quit.  His reasoning was that it would be better if all 3 boys were in the final heat.  Nice idea but Brandi made it into the final heat.

• Love 1

I think the blonde hair on Mark does not do him any favors.  looks much better with darker hair.  one other thing I noted was that the "big rock star" is wearing old man slippers around the house.  I think it's funny to see them.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Does Marissa still work in acting?   Because her speech pattern is so terrible.  She sounds like a high school mean girl.  It’s not vocal fry, it’s something worse. 

I was just saying that to my boyfriend.  I couldn't place it and then some minutes later I did.  It's the Kardashian way of speaking.  It's slow high school, valley speak and annoying as hell.

I guess they're not letting HOH's on the celeb version have earphones and a CD?  Speaking of, I don't see those snack baskets in the HOH room and even the pantry is kind of bare.

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

The two genders not battling it out would be nice but then the guys in general would have to swallow their male pride.

Er, this season’s opening salvo of shots in the Great Gender War were fired by the female side of the House, not the male (specifically Shannon and Omarosa).  

Each of the males also expressed interest early-on in allying with different females - primarily Shannon and O, although I think Keshia’s name popped up a few times as well.

There wasn’t really any focused drive for an all-male alliance, though, until the males realized they had no one but each other to talk game with because the females were uniformly freezing them out.  The all-male contingent basically coalesced organically, out of a need for self defense.  

So I don’t quite think it’s accurate to file-and-forget this particular season under the heading of “typical male pride”.  ;)

56 minutes ago, watch2much said:

I think the blonde hair on Mark does not do him any favors.  looks much better with darker hair.  one other thing I noted was that the "big rock star" is wearing old man slippers around the house.  I think it's funny to see them.

Can’t remember if this was on broadcast or BBAD, so I’m spoilering it just in case:

Spoiler

Early on in the season somebody said something to Mark about coloring his hair, and his reply was surprising; the white-blond color is actually his natural color, and a family trait.  The brown hair people normally associate with Mark’s trademark look was actually the dye job, because the white-blonde was so light Mark was self-conscious about it in his youth; in his later years, though, Mark has simply decided he doesn’t give a shit.  :j

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I’m not sure where so many get the AH sound from.

Because that's how you pronounce Tom, Dom, Mom, pom-pom, comma and most other occurrences of an "om". If Omarosa wants it pronounced with a long O, she should change the first "a" to an "e", modifying how the preceding vowel is treated, so that it would be like Gomer, Rome and dome.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Because that's how you pronounce Tom, Dom, Mom, pom-pom, comma and most other occurrences of an "om". If Omarosa wants it pronounced with a long O, she should change the first "a" to an "e", modifying how the preceding vowel is treated, so that it would be like Gomer, Rome and dome.

But, "Omar."

• Love 2
8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I think she is very much attracted to him.

I gave all my votes to Ross.  I think he is the most enjoyable person to listen to in the house.  He doesn't come off as a jerk.

Do you have to sign into wherever that vote (where is it btw)is and give away your personal and server info forever to CBS?

1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

But, "Omar."

Omar is an Arabic name transliterated into the Roman alphabet and having two vows after the "m" would make it Omear which would make it basically Omir which doesn't work in this case.  So Omar is probably more the exception that proves the rule.

Edited by green
3 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I wondered that but in the broadcast show we saw Omarosa dancing around with earphones on.  Is it an HOH thing?  I was wondering why O got them and Mark apparently didn't, since he was missing music.  

Adding spoiler tags, in case:

Spoiler

Mark did get music, as HoH; he got Bob Marley.

Edited by Nashville
Spoil, spoil, trouble and toil....
18 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

If Omarosa wants it pronounced with a long O, she should change the first "a" to an "e", modifying how the preceding vowel is treated, so that it would be like Gomer, Rome and dome.

I don't know if Omarosa would mind if someone she were just meeting pronounced it incorrectly... but Brandi's been living in the house and knows how her name is meant to be pronounced.  I wouldn't expect anyone to change the spelling of their name because some assholes they're stuck in a house with are pronouncing their name wrong on purpose (or out of apathy.)

• Love 5