Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Lisa's Story

• Start Topic

Lisa's struggle with her weight began as a child and significantly worsened after  witnessing her brother's murder.  Now bedridden and unable to care for herself, Lisa must find a way to lose the weight or she will never see her grandchildren grow up. 

This is the regular episode thread.  It will open after the East Coast US showing. 

• Love 2

A reminder from the master Mod note for this forum: 

Let's avoid discussing how money is being snatched from the public's wallet for the participants unless it’s specifically revealed on the show. Anything else is pure speculation not to mention also a slippery slope toward talking politics.  

• Love 1

Does Lisa have her tongue pierced?  I saw something green in her mouth and thought it might be gum, but at the end I saw it again and it looked like a piercing.  I started to speculate why she might have that, but it went to an uncomfortable place, so I stopped.  

• Love 22

As someone else said in Janine's thread "two hours of not much"

Seriously, screw her.  She doesn't care about losing weight and just wants to have everyone serve her.  As if she ever wanted to lose weight.  Ah yes, I def cry about the fact I don't want to die and then eat fried chicken and bitch about giving up my coke.  It just pisses me off that she's using everyone around her.  Her daughter needs to run like the wind so hopefully her kids don't follow this cycle.  Just a BS filled episode.  And I think Herbert needs a brain check, because I would love to know what's going through his mind.  Sex for ice cream??  I've heard it all and I wish I didn't.  

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, novhappy said:

this is the first episode I've seen where there was no fast food shown.  

Yeah, that was a bit shocking.  Everybody cooked!  My thought was that if everybody knows how to cook... then how hard would it be to cook DECENT food?  They had a nutritionist come over to their house and go over it!  Even when Herbert smuggled junk food into the hospital - it seemed to be more like crap from the grocery store like snack cakes and ice cream bars.  They must have had to hide the wrappers fast when a nurse walked into the room, and that's how the wrappers got caught in the folds of her fat.

• Love 8

Lisa started with a great attitude ,but she got progressively  worse.and she turned into monster ..Dr Now knows  his patients ,they are just like drug addicts and alcoholic.Which will say or do anything to get their fix ..Lisa like all the other 600lbs  drug is abusing food,,,,and the people around her to get it...Very sad

• Love 3

Hi Everybody!  Just now checking in because I was watching the Olympics.  The maggots in the folds of her skin would certainly ensure that I would never be giving her a bath.  

The amount of food that she is eating would be enough to feed the Puerto Ricans after that hurricane.  

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

Can someone answer, what was it with the cheese in the rice?  I've never heard of that before.  Is that like a poor man's mac and cheese or a southern thing?

I don't think so, I live in the South but I am from NY and I always put cheese in rice. I like to melt cheese into rice. I never actually got the idea from any one else eating it though. I mean it's two basic ingredients together. But I didn't actually see the cheese and rice she was eating, I guess it was really disgusting. I'll have to rewatch and I hope it doesnt ruin this for me.....

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 7

Good God, y’all. I’ll be back to say more after I read the live thread, but for now just Good God.  (As I watched I kept saying, “Oh, they’re have to be going NUTS over this one!”) I’m from Mobile! That freaked me the hell out. 

10 minutes ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

Can someone answer, what was it with the cheese in the rice?  I've never heard of that before.  Is that like a poor man's mac and cheese or a southern thing?

As not only a Southerner, but a Mobilian, I can tell you that stacks of American cheese in rice is neither a Southern nor Mobile thing I’ve ever seen. Until now. 

35 minutes ago, AVM said:

Lisa started with a great attitude ,but she got progressively  worse.and she turned into monster ..Dr Now knows  his patients ,they are just like drug addicts and alcoholic.Which will say or do anything to get their fix ..Lisa like all the other 600lbs  drug is abusing food,,,,and the people around her to get it...Very sad

No, her initial attitude was too perfect and pat. I think I even said out loud “fakety fake fake.”

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Good God, y’all. I’ll be back to say more after I read the live thread, but for now just Good God.  (As I watched I kept saying, “Oh, they’re have to be going NUTS over this one!”) I’m from Mobile! That freaked me the hell out. 

Janine is from my neck of the woods. Sometimes people are findable on line...

• Love 6

Amen!  That plate of scrambled eggs her daughter brought her at the beginning of the episode was at least a dozen eggs.  That's the number of eggs that I make for my family when we have breakfast for dinner.  For five people. 

32 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

The amount of food that she is eating would be enough to feed the Puerto Ricans after that hurricane.  

• Love 6

Good grief . Why didn't they sedate Lisa when she was having that meltdown in the hospital?  She gets to scream at the top of her lungs and everyone else in the ER has to listen to her?? 

Now she's getting really nasty towards Dr. Now.    Send her back to Alabama.  

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 13

The dissonance is stunning:  On-screen Lisa acts like she's meth'd out half the time, but in the voice-overs she sounds like she's a couple of drops of IV morphine away from comatose!  I wonder if there's an element of bipolar disorder here, where we've happened to catch her on-screen on the manic side.

• Love 16

What did she say when the paramedics were loading her into the ambulance, "Help me Daddy?" and all that moaning & groaning. What was that all about?

3 hours ago, steff13 said:

Does Lisa have her tongue pierced?  I saw something green in her mouth and thought it might be gum, but at the end I saw it again and it looked like a piercing.  I started to speculate why she might have that, but it went to an uncomfortable place, so I stopped. 

I saw the green thing also. Maybe it's the reason boyfriend was so eager to give her the ice cream for the favors.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, chickenella said:

What did she say when the paramedics were loading her into the ambulance, "Help me Daddy?" and all that moaning & groaning. What was that all about?

I thought it was "Hit me, Daddy!"  Hell if my damn ass knows what that was all about!

• Love 14

My God, y'all!  I just got to the point at which Herburt shows up in Houston.  I honestly thought that the rendering of his name as "Herburt" instead of "Herbert" up-thread here and on the live thread was poking fun at his dumb-as-a-stick ass.  Then the caption came on and I realized that's really how it's spelled!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

Lisa said that Danielle wasn't any good at cooking grits, which normally do have cheese added to them in the South, so I'm guessing the cheese rice(ugh!) gives her a similar taste and texture. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Guess that's what I have to do to find someone, go to the homeless shelter.  Nothing more lifting than knowing you're one step above a homeless shelter, lol.   As long as they don't forget mah pepper!

• Love 1