Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: PolygaMexicamist Wedding

• Start Topic

I laughed every time I saw Kody inside wearing his black leather serial killer gloves.  He kept rubbing his hands together.

Tony was trotting around looking for everyone for photos. He had a huge chain of keys hanging off his belt loop. I hope he didn't keep the keys clanging on his hip during the ceremony. 

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

I agree the “Tony gives his suit jacket” was pre-planned. Jennelle gave her not one, but TWO, lovely wraps far more appropriate, and Mykelti gave them a serious “nope” eye. She never thought they were real fur—when’s the last time anyone saw a real fur coat? Honestly. Mykelti gave them a stank face because she was NOT going to wear them. She was going to wear Tony’s sweaty suit jacket.

And didn't Janelle get 'something new'? As budget conscious as she is, Janelle would never buy a brand new real fur wrap for  Mykelti to wear once on her wedding day. Mykelti  just didn't want to wear it and was looking for any excuse.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

And didn't Janelle get 'something new'? As budget conscious as she is, Janelle would never buy a brand new real fur wrap for  Mykelti to wear once on her wedding day. Mykelti  just didn't want to wear it and was looking for any excuse.

It wasn't real fur. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, sandyskyblue said:

I think many guests did not attend the ceremony, (maybe stayed in their cars or inside the facility?) but showed up for the reception/party!!

I'm thinking the same. They had a whole section of empty chairs.  But I do think more people showed up than RSVP'd because we did see them bringing out more tables to set up inside. That venue did not look large enough for anything indoors of that size. 

14 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

If they ran out of tacos, it's because I was seeing plates with four tacos instead of three. Greedy!

they should have that a plated meal.... you could easily go around asking people what THREE tacos they wanted.  then have leftovers sat out or something.  two of those would have been plenty for me and i can eat a lot!!

13 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

OMG...this dance is what nightmares are made of. Tony almost yanked Mykelti's arm off and her tits almost popped out.

I wish we could have heard the actual song they were dancing too.  I think it would have maybe went together a bit more than whatever freebie TLC had to find to fit with it. 

13 hours ago, JustDuckie said:

Christine cutting up that wedding dress was the kindest thing she could have done to it. My God, that was one ugly dress. Sorry, but we all know it.

Don't worry, she knows it too.  Shes said it was awful so i'm not sure why she was that emotional about it. Especially since it was apparently a shitty wedding to go along with the shitty wedding dress. 

12 hours ago, Janc said:

So did Tony dig into every cake with his fork to try them all out. Omg

Just the Tres Leche(?) but I'm confused because I thought HIS cake was suppose to be that one (along with one other because I think they got two of that flavor) so I don't know why he was digging into the general public cake. 

3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I'm not surprised Mykelti didn't wear the wrap. I think she should have at least had someone in the front row hold it so she could wear it for part of the ceremony. It was a lovely gift. I think it was kind of rude that she didn't make any effort to wear it at all (from what we saw) when it did fit the vintage theme.

Did she wear ANY of the gifts?  She didn't wear Christine's and she didn't wear Meri's. I kept forgetting to check and see if they wore the earrings Robyn gave her. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Yes, Mykelti's self-esteem is fragile already and she will not recognize Tony's behavior as verbal or emotional abuse because he probably will not resort to out and out name-calling or screaming--it will be by hundreds of small "jabs" over time, saying he's only kidding, or just "being honest."

What's sad about this is that if ALL the parents are so gaga over Tony, it will make it more difficult for her to break free from this jerkwad. Maybe they should start by treating him like a normal human being instead of the gift from god they seem to believe he is. It will lead Mykelti to think there must be something wrong with her if everybody else in the family thinks he's so perfect.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Did she wear ANY of the gifts?  She didn't wear Christine's and she didn't wear Meri's. I kept forgetting to check and see if they wore the earrings Robyn gave her. 

She did wear the earrings at the reception after, not sure about during the ceremony.  Would feel terrible if I was Meri or Janelle that she didn't bother to wear her gift at least during part of the day. 

I can believe 400+ people showed up at the reception, that place was packed to the gills.  Poor Taunya the coordinator, bet she was glad to see the backs of those yahoos once it was over.   

That dancing of FT's was insane, truly insane.  Don't think Kody was too happy either during the couch talk of that segment, he's got competition in the attention-grabbing now in FT.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, kicotan said:

Mykelti called it a pashmina.  I just can't with these people.

I chuckled at that too. More likely they were those cheap blankets given out on airlines.

Many posters have already posted this, but I found the whole wedding was some kind of event for FT.   For an entitled and lazy adult who holds a lot of grudges. Waaaa, I didn't have that 5th birthday party I wanted, so this is ALL ABOUT ME.

He couldn't even hold a chair out for his bride, nope, he sat down first and Mykelti looked like she was trying to wedge herself between the seats.

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I think she's wearing the pearl bracelet here in this pic... I believe that was Meri's "blue" gift.

IMG_0034.JPG

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What's sad about this is that if ALL the parents are so gaga over Tony, it will make it more difficult for her to break free from this jerkwad. Maybe they should start by treating him like a normal human being instead of the gift from god they seem to believe he is. It will lead Mykelti to think there must be something wrong with her if everybody else in the family thinks he's so perfect.  

I really think (hope?) that either they are playing up their support for the cameras or they are just trying to put on a good face for Mykelti. I would LOVE to hear the private conversations that go on about this!

On a personal note: I usually watch the episodes twice (yep!) because I watch it on DVR as soon as the episode is over, and I watch it again with my husband later in the week (he works on Sunday nights). So I have read all the comments on here before my husband has seen the episode. I sometimes wonder that we may be a bit too hard on Tony, and maybe I am biased because I'm a woman and therefore I (and perhaps many others here) see things differently because we come from a woman's perspective - some of us have gone through bad relationships or seen bad relationships up close, and are sensitive to the signs that maybe men don't notice. But, when watching this season with my husband, he has made the exact same comments and observations about Tony that everyone here has made - the dress shopping, the hair issue, the snarkiness, the controlling and inappropriate behavior, the selfishness, everything - and every time he makes a comment I laugh and say "that's what they said on the PTV board!". 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Chicklet said:

The pinatas looked better than the bride and groom, that's the word on the street.

This comment made me laugh my you know what off last nite and it still does this morning!!    I think the Browns tolerate FT because he brings new life to their dying show.   Obviously not in a good way because he's truly disgusting but if it keeps the viewers watching and  the TLC money rolling in, I'm sure Cody&Co will put up with it...I mean him.

Then again, I wonder what the divorce laws are in Utah? In the event these two lovebirds divorce, who gets what??  I can see FT trying to take the Brown's for everything he can.  But in their case,  that might not be much.    I never thought there would be anyone on this show I despise more than Cody but FT has now claimed that title.

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, Wings said:

It wasn't real fur. 

I know that. My point was that Mykelti's fake concern about whether it was real or not was just an attempt to find an excuse not to wear it. Janelle would never buy something that expensive for her.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I know that. My point was that Mykelti's fake concern about whether it was real or not was just an attempt to find an excuse not to wear it. Janelle would never buy something that expensive for her.

You may be right, because Mykelti definitely had stank face when she saw them - when Janelle explained that they weren't real, it's possible Mykelti took that opportunity to shake off her dislike and make it seem like that was the issue she was having. I hope it was the issue, because I thought they were lovely and quite appropriate for the theme and the weather. Honestly, Mykelti's dress was generically pretty but the wrap would've elevated her look. But of course, if she wore one of them we wouldn't have been treated to that completely spontaneous and gentlemanly gesture of Tony's! *eyeroll*

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I think she's wearing the pearl bracelet here in this pic... I believe that was Meri's "blue" gift.

IMG_0034.JPG

hmmm it does kind of look like it but Meri's was like a stack of 4-5 bracelets I think. Maybe she was able to separate them. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

Oh yes, I agree that she was probably disappointing to find out it was fake.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Wings said:

Kody has been making sense the past couple of episodes.  

That's just not normal.  I don't want to stop calling him Doofus though.

Tony just makes me ill.  He's so awful, and not just to look at.  

The jacket thing was totally planned.  I can't see him doing that if it wasn't scripted.  Come on.

• Love 16
Just now, Wings said:

Oh yes, I agree that she was probably disappointing to find out it was fake.  

Oh I don't think so - real fur is definitely not something that many people approve of or care about . I'm not a huge animal lover and even I think real fur is gross.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

That's just not normal. 

His description of the status of his relationship with Mary was right on the money.  I am not ruling out a closer relationship in the future.  He said he they were like a divorced couple living in the same neighborhood.  One day he will appreciate this distance and her perspective on some issue down the line.  Not getting back together, just a more satisfying relationship with her, which is more important to Meri but still will serve him. 

He also agreed to go look at the B and B with her which was smart.  He knows she wants more from him so his opinion is likely to carry more weight that the wives. You know he didn't want to do this! 

4 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Oh I don't think so - real fur is definitely not something that many people approve of or care about . I'm not a huge animal lover and even I think real fur is gross.

Of course.  We were just commenting that she may have been looking for an excuse not to wear it when she asked 

• Love 2
Just now, TipseyGirl said:

I totally believe that Tony's "gallant" gesture was totally planned. That fat turd cannot even pull his bride's chair out for her or wait until she sits down to start stuffing his dumb face. Cannot stand him.

I completely agree about the coat - I don't for a minute believe that he thought of that on his own. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

I cringed when I saw how they had that buffet set up for the wedding. I worked tons of weddings in my college years.

When you have that large of a wedding, you NEVER set up a self serve buffet. Any wedding with over 200 people need to have workers behind the buffet.  If the guest is making their own taco, people will always double up on the meat. My guess is that they still had tortilla shells, but no taco filling for them.

Even if it is family working behind the buffet, you need to have people scooping the food onto the guests plate. You always set up the buffet with the sides first. Then they go down the line, getting One scoop of every side. The entree is always last, so there is limited space on the plate at that point, and you get the designated two to three tacos.

As for their "cake" bar that Tony just shoved his fork into that cake to eat, I again, just cringed. Please God tell me, they had someone actually cutting the cake into pieces, and not all of those guests using their grubby hands to each cut a whatever size piece of cake that they wanted. That is so unsanitary.

For the amount of money they probably spent on this wedding, it was very poorly planned and executed. I could give a list of 20 other things that were just wrong.

Exactly!! A wedding that size needs somebody distributing the food for the guests.  Otherwise you get greedy people taking triple what they're supposed to and you run out.  This mess was such a giant shitshow and was so poorly executed.  Even if I didn't hate Bossy Bitch Mykelti and Fat Tony it still holds true, the reception was so disorganized and scattered.  Speeches are being given while half the guests are in line for food, the cakes were probably all messily self-served, they were crammed in there like sardines, that dancing tent looked like you could get 50 people in there at most.  I thought the whole thing was tacky and disorganized.  Maddie's wedding was so lovely and well-organized.  So the Browns have had one beautiful wedding and one trashy wedding.  I wonder what Aspyn will come up with?

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

For the amount of money they probably spent on this wedding, it was very poorly planned and executed. I could give a list of 20 other things that were just wrong.

Come on, now! Don't hold out on us! These are the kinds of posts we live love to read. Get crackin'! :D

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 20
12 hours ago, VedaPierce said:
15 hours ago, AllyCat said:

Yikes, Christine.  Worse than I expected. 

Oh, the humanity! 

Equivilant to Elaine Bennis dancing

Elaine looks like Ginger Rogers dancing compared to Christine's singing.  

Edited by beeziebee
double posted
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

When you have that large of a wedding, you NEVER set up a self serve buffet. Any wedding with over 200 people need to have workers behind the buffet.  If the guest is making their own taco, people will always double up on the meat. My guess is that they still had tortilla shells, but no taco filling for them.

Absolutely and tacos were a bad idea.  A main course casserole is best for a large crowd; enchiladas would have worked very well with a waiter placing one on each plate.  A corn salad and a green salad as sides.    

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

You could see the look in her eye from the moment Janelle presented the choice of wraps that Mykelti wasn't going to wear either one.  I think they had the "Tony tenderly protects his bride with jacket" planned in advance to make FT appear endearing.

Janelle surprised me with her taste and thoughtfulness with the gift, I only wish she had learned that it was a capelet, not a caplet, which is something one would take for a fever. 

Omg! I think you're right!! Those 2 fuckers PLANNED that jacket show! Holy Moley! Never thought of that, but now I'm CERTAIN! That explains her sour mug when Janelle presented it to her, and her refusal to wear it! It was so cute!!! Sandy, you're genius! :)

• Love 10

Hi Guys!

So, I haven't watched this show since season 1.  This ep and last was kinda of my reintroduction to the family? Like I know updates about them through news like the catfishing and the wedding.

But I have few questions that I love to hear feedback from.

That whole candy comment from Tony. Did anyone else think that was a little mean? I'm assuming their background the bride is either Irish, German and English basically Western European. Has anyone ever tried European chocolate? Just YUM.

Or, did he mean American candy is? Because I think they put less sugar or less rich choco powder. Again, English and Irish candy brands don't follow this. I never tried Mexican Candy but I assume that's what he meant? Couldn't they get local candy from the region she was from? Like they make candy Boston baked beans and since I was born Boston I would probably use that. It just didn't seem like they put any real thought for her?

Also, is Tony well like on the boards? I hate to be mean and judging. It's just something about him...I'm not a fan of him. I'm sorry!

Also, do people not give Claddagh rings or jewelry? I thought this was pretty common. But again, I grew up in an Irish family living in Massachusett and everyone around me usually had a bunch of Claddagh Jewelry. Either ring, wedding band for men and even tattoos. I always thought that style of jewelry was common and everyone knew the symbol behind it. Because that's been my experience everyone I know owns one. Because the way they describe it sounds like an obscure Irish tradition in one village.  

I was kinda surprised how little appearance Robyn had compared to the first season. Also...I'm studying to become a librarian did it break anyone heart when they were ripping apart a book?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Miss.Queenie said:

Also, is Tony well like on the boards? I hate to be mean and judging. It's just something about him...I'm not a fan of him. I'm sorry!

Tony is basically universally reviled on these boards. If you see the abbreviation "FT", it means "Fat Tony" and that's what many call him. LOL

Also, do people not give Claddagh rings or jewelry? I thought this was pretty common. But again, I grew up in an Irish family living in Massachusett and everyone around me usually had a bunch of Claddagh Jewelry. Either ring, wedding band for men and even tattoos. I always thought that style of jewelry was common and everyone knew the symbol behind it. Because that's been my experience everyone I know owns one. Because the way they describe it sounds like an obscure Irish tradition in one village.  

It's not that people don't give Claddagh rings. It's that the Browns have co-opted it and thrown out all of the cultural and historical context around them, and then are acting like they (the Browns) are special and unique because they give Claddagh rings to each other.

These are the answers I could provide you. I'm sure someone else will be along to help you out with your other questions.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Miss.Queenie said:

I was kinda surprised how little appearance Robyn had compared to the first season. Also...I'm studying to become a librarian did it break anyone heart when they were ripping apart a book?

I noticed that about Robyn, too.  When she was Kody's obsession it was nothing but Robyn, Robyn, Robyn!  And Meri said something like 10 words in the entire 2 hours.      I thought it was really bizarre that they would do that to a book - you can buy an entire ream of printer paper for very little at Office Max / Office Depot / Staples - whatever you have in your area of the country.  But then I considered the source.  (eyeroll).

• Love 3
14 hours ago, toodles said:

The wedding was just magnanimous-™Fat Tony

Omg, this was just too much.  The whole thing. 

I don't remember what Gwen said, but she had a great snarky comment.  My favorite Brown by far.

She and Truely are my favorites.  I like Ysabel too, and her hair was cute.

Magnanimous huh?  Toodles, you are so right, one CAN'T make this shit up!  

Mykelti is a selfish little bitch.  She's got to be Meri's secret kid somehow.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

So as the translator translated the ceremony, thank goodness Kody let us all know that the ceremony was being translated. I just could not for the life of me understand what it was I was hearing...someone kept speaking in another language, into a microphone, in front of the bride and groom, at the same time as the officiant. Crazy! If it wasn't for Kody explaining that, I would still be befuddled. Eye roll.

This.  I laughed.  Rewound it.  Laughed again.  Rewound, laughed.  "We had a translator since we're a bilingual family".  One, thanks Kody, I couldn't figure out why someone else was talking.  Two, YOUR family is not-bilingual.  You all seem to think you're so culturally sophisticated now that your daughter married someone of a different nationality, but you're still the same old dufus. 

I also hate how they read into each and every moment and speak for everyone else.  Then "we felt like we were looking in at a private moment between the two".  It's a wedding.  They happen every day.  Mykelti isn't the first one ever to get married.

Robyn must be the one that knows Tony the best.  Any time one started talking about him, Robyn is quick to start getting louder, interrupting more and taking over by telling everyone that she and Tony had a deep conversation about that already.  

• Love 7

Tony was trotting around looking for everyone for photos. He had a huge chain of keys hanging off his belt loop. I hope he didn't keep the keys clanging on his hip during the ceremony. 

Yes I am pretty sure he wore the chain. My usually very unobservant husband made a comment and he is no fashion guru.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Miss.Queenie said:

Hi Guys!

So, I haven't watched this show since season 1.  This ep and last was kinda of my reintroduction to the family? Like I know updates about them through news like the catfishing and the wedding.

But I have few questions that I love to hear feedback from.

That whole candy comment from Tony. Did anyone else think that was a little mean? I'm assuming their background the bride is either Irish, German and English basically Western European. Has anyone ever tried European chocolate? Just YUM.

Or, did he mean American candy is? Because I think they put less sugar or less rich choco powder. Again, English and Irish candy brands don't follow this. I never tried Mexican Candy but I assume that's what he meant? Couldn't they get local candy from the region she was from? Like they make candy Boston baked beans and since I was born Boston I would probably use that. It just didn't seem like they put any real thought for her?

Hi Queenie!

Tony is proud of his Mexican heritage and thinks everything Mexican is great, and that is fine - nothing wrong with being proud of your Mexican heritage. He just has a way of saying it that makes it sound like he is denigrating what he calls "white people stuff" in the process. I don't think it was super important to Mykelti or the family that the pinata be filled with "special" candy - it was just important to Tony that his be filled with Mexican candy, which again is fine, it just doesn't have to come with snark against "generic white people" candy, is the issue.

My husband is half Irish and we both have Claddagh rings. I think the symbolism behind them is lovely. It's possible that many people who aren't of Irish heritage or don't know many people of Irish heritage might not be completely familiar with the symbolism. Whether any of them are Irish or not, I think it's a very nice tradition that the Browns have and I don't see any issue with it.

As for Robin, she has two very young children and the focus has been mostly on Mykelti and Tony's wedding, so I think that's why she has not been front and center like in previous seasons.

I will let the rest of the board deal with the Tony issue, lol! 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm really surprised that her boobage didn't flop out.  She's so frigging dumb to think that dress looked good on her.  

I thought it was a generically pretty dress, but I really don't get why there are so many strapless wedding gowns. In fact, I don't really get the point of strapless gowns in general. They have to be fiitted perfectly for them to be comfortable and stay in place. I don't think the bodice of that dress was fitted appropriately on Mykelti. And I don't know why any woman would want to go around being worried about having a wardrobe malfunction on their wedding day, or any day for that matter. 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, beeziebee said:

A little bit off topic, but has anyone seen the Geico commercial that features the family at the aquarium viewing the manatees?  One of the manatees is wearing a tee shirt that says "Did someone say tacos?", and another wears a tee that says, "Come at me bro".  I'm sorry, but all I can think of is FT when I see these commercials.  Is it the tacos?  Is it the manatees?  Is it the use of the term "bro"?  I don't really know, but now I can't see that commercial without thinking of FT and what an ass he is.  Manatees, clothed or otherwise, are adorable.

The T-shirt that reminds me most of FT in that commercial is the "I'm with stupid" shirt.    

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Tony is basically universally reviled on these boards. If you see the abbreviation "FT", it means "Fat Tony" and that's what many call him. LOL

It's not that people don't give Claddagh rings. It's that the Browns have co-opted it and thrown out all of the cultural and historical context around them, and then are acting like they (the Browns) are special and unique because they give Claddagh rings to each other.

These are the answers I could provide you. I'm sure someone else will be along to help you out with your other questions.

I disagree about the rings, many of the Browns have talked about the symbolism on the show. I think they get it, and I think it's nice that they have embraced them and have made it a tradition.

• Love 1

I already posted about FT, but wanted to comment on the bride.

Everything she wanted, planned and demanded made everyone uncomfortable, mad and disgusted.

The outside wedding in the cold.

Making her mother sing.

Allowing FT to go dress shopping.

The incredible bad taste pinata's.

Demanding outdoor photos

The flowers

and the list goes on and on.

Even her choice of groom seemed to be made because she knew her family would not like him and be grossed out.    

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I thought it was a generically pretty dress, but I really don't get why there are so many strapless wedding gowns. In fact, I don't really get the point of strapless gowns in general. They have to be fiitted perfectly for them to be comfortable and stay in place. I don't think the bodice of that dress was fitted appropriately on Mykelti. And I don't know why any woman would want to go around being worried about having a wardrobe malfunction on their wedding day, or any day for that matter. 

Years and years ago...before strapless gowns were all the rage they are now my husband and I went to the wedding of a very close friend of his from his teen years/high school. The bride wore a strapless gown and the couple went from table to table after the guests were seated at the reception to greet their guests.  Because there was music playing and a room of talking people she had to bend over to hear and be heard and in doing so she exposed most all of her womanly endowments for each and every guest.  She was very well endowed as well.  My husband noticed this before they arrived at our table and he was very pleased and kept his old friend chatting for quite awhile.  I was polite but very mortified for the poor girl.  Since that day I have told every person I know who is planning a wedding (and I've even mentioned it in a few wedding cake consultations over the years) to always be sure when trying on your dress to look in the mirror and bend over...just to be sure you are aware of how others will view you in your dress. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Years and years ago...before strapless gowns were all the rage they are now my husband and I went to the wedding of a very close friend of his from his teen years/high school. The bride wore a strapless gown and the couple went from table to table after the guests were seated at the reception to greet their guests.  Because there was music playing and a room of talking people she had to bend over to hear and be heard and in doing so she exposed most all of her womanly endowments for each and every guest.  She was very well endowed as well.  My husband noticed this before they arrived at our table and he was very pleased and kept his old friend chatting for quite awhile.  I was polite but very mortified for the poor girl.  Since that day I have told every person I know who is planning a wedding (and I've even mentioned it in a few wedding cake consultations over the years) to always be sure when trying on your dress to look in the mirror and bend over...just to be sure you are aware of how others will view you in your dress. 

Great advice! And that bit about your husband - haha! I dare say every man at that wedding had a great time, at least for a few minutes. :P

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Exactly!! A wedding that size needs somebody distributing the food for the guests.  Otherwise you get greedy people taking triple what they're supposed to and you run out.  This mess was such a giant shitshow and was so poorly executed.  Even if I didn't hate Bossy Bitch Mykelti and Fat Tony it still holds true, the reception was so disorganized and scattered.  Speeches are being given while half the guests are in line for food, the cakes were probably all messily self-served, they were crammed in there like sardines, that dancing tent looked like you could get 50 people in there at most.  I thought the whole thing was tacky and disorganized.  Maddie's wedding was so lovely and well-organized.  So the Browns have had one beautiful wedding and one trashy wedding.  I wonder what Aspyn will come up with?

If aspyn is smart, she'll read these boards and know what NOT to do! Hi Aspyn!?

• Love 4

You've gotta love Starcasm. This picture really shows just how stupid and stupid-looking these two really are. Perfect!

Mykelti_and_Tony_married.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I disagree about the rings, many of the Browns have talked about the symbolism on the show. I think they get it, and I think it's nice that they have embraced them and have made it a tradition.

I recall them talking about the symbolism a time or two. I still feel they act like they're super unique because they give Claddagh rings and that they're among the minority of people who give them, while completely ignoring there's a whole culture wherein the rings and associated symbolism were created. Seriously, if they were appropriating Native American culture the way they're appropriating Irish culture via Claddagh rings, they'd be receiving hate mail and threats.

• Love 9