Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: PolygaMexicamist Wedding

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

That's generous.  I saw a LOT of empty chairs!   It looks like 60 people - max.

When the camera panned the crowd, it did look like it was closer to 100. Either way, it's nowhere near 400. I wonder how much food they ended up using up during the reception.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mimiray802 said:

I think she is overcompensating and trying to convince herself that the marriage is a good idea.

I wonder what happens when FT and Mykelti realize that they can't make it on their own and try to move home with Christine and she can have FT with his comments and jokes 24/7

• Love 22
20 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

When the camera panned the crowd, it did look like it was closer to 100. Either way, it's nowhere near 400. I wonder how much food they ended up using up during the reception.

You are right!!  When they started going inside you could tell there was more than 100 people.  Just don't believe 400.  Maybe 300 people were smart enough to stay in from the cold.

• Love 4

Ugh, Mykelti pisses me off. Yes, she's the bride, yes it's "her day" but it's selfish asking everyone to trot outside in the freezing weather to take pics. It just is. I've never been married, but my twin is and I was her maid of honor. Lori would NEVER have asked anyone to do that. We're Catholic (but boring old white people Catholic) and the bride and groom and the maid of honor and best man (at least in our church) are supposed to kneel during a large part of the ceremony. But the best man had knee surgery a week before the wedding - freak softball accident, Lori wasn't thrilled - but you know what? She said that's fine and we had folding chairs he and I sat on instead of kneeling. Folding chairs in a nice Catholic ceremony! Didn't look the prettiest but she was like "we'll make due." Mykelti would have made the poor guy kneel because "it's my day." 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, gardendiva said:

The shot of that older man wrapped up in one of the blankets like a shroud  (wtf? If you have to provide blankets for an outdoor wedding it’s too cold) was one of the most unintentionally funny moments of this show.

Omg.  That guy made me laugh out loud.  I guess the guy who changes FT's tires and the family,  his mother's next door neighbor's third cousins and the family couldn't make it either.  That was a lot of empty seats.

• Love 15

I don't know which dance Christine was watching but I just saw Tony flinging her around the floor as she tried not to let her strapless top fall down.  I saw no "coordination" happening. He looked like a pre-teen boy dancing exaggeratedly and how they imagine grown ups dance which surprised me considering his "everything Mexican is awesome" but can't do a basic latin dance step?

• Love 24

And no, Tony wasn't right about the tacos if you said right before that that even more people showed up than he said would. That means that the reason you ran out was that people came who wasn't invited. Which.is.rude. 

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Tony just irritates me.  I keep asking myself if it's because I am already prejudiced against him for things he has said in the past - and it's very possible.  I thought he COULD have thrown Mykelti a crumb when she asked if he liked her hair right before the wedding..... you know - I just can't help it - I don't feel like he is really that into her.  I keep wondering if he is more into the SHOW and being on camera.   He's never very kind to her - is he.  And wanting to bash a pinata that is supposed to represent her - none of this feels like love, to me.

Tony was insufferable this episode. His haggling the girls was so annoying. God forbid he has to wait five minutes. 

I thought it was interesting that the the only time Mykleti showed any kind of emotion was when Aspyn gave her the novia bracelet. She seemed really cold to her moms, almost robotic, when they were exchanging the new/blue/old gifts. 

Edited by mamey2422
  • Love 15

Christine rationalizes every single thing Tony does/says...she could not follow him when they were dancing because he was all over the place!  I hope she never has to say to Mykelti: 'it's only a little bruise, sweetie, it'll be gone in a few days'

• Love 19

I don't know where to start with this. Fat Tony jerking his bride around on the dance floor was hilarious. Kodster's toast/speech was so horrible it made me feel complete. The guests were so over this circus no one paid any attention to cake cutting . But who watches that anyway? It was freezing out and FT was so sweaty. The piñatas.

• Love 17