Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: PolygaMexicamist Wedding

• Start Topic

Oh, that is more than disturbing, that looks downright painful!  And to think FT even looks more F in the talking head couch scenes.  Damn, he's a real sadist to subject his friends to this abuse.

I agree with other posters that think Mykelti has also put on poundage.  

Remember when Janelle & Doofus were bed-shopping in an earlier episode?  I would hate to see those two buying a new bed, even more.  They'd probably have dirtier feet than Janelle did.  Ew.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

With the Browns' idea of dancing . . . . does it matter?

I admit, I love the Brown "mosh pit". I agree with Kody that ending a celebration with everyone cutting loose on the dance floor is pretty awesome.

I used to be really embarassed to let myself go and have fun at weddings and other celebrations. I'd sit at the table, moving around a little in my seat to the beat, but was too embarassed to actually get up and dance. As I gained more confidence in myself, I loosened up and now I will dance at the drop of a hat. I enjoy weddings so much more now - the pomp and circumstance and food and flowers are fine, but someone pump up the volume, it's time to boogie!

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 11

I was so, so, so happy that Kody finally put his foot down about the babies taking pictures outdoors.  He should have said no to the 400 guests, no to the 4000 tacos, no to the outdoor in December madness, no to the frisbee vows.  it was just really nice that someone finally stood up to Mykeltizilla.  I actually wanted to slap her when she kept screeching "It's my day!!"  as an excuse to treat her family members cruelly.  Because making all those people sit in the freezing cold was heartless and cruel.

• Love 17
59 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh, that is more than disturbing, that looks downright painful!  And to think FT even looks more F in the talking head couch scenes.  Damn, he's a real sadist to subject his friends to this abuse.

I agree with other posters that think Mykelti has also put on poundage.  

I'm hoping, with the TH shots and the fact that they both look as if they have put on even more poundage that they fall into a category some of my friends did.  In which they had difficulty conceiving at first because one or both of them were waaayyy overweight.  The first thing out of all of their doctors mouths was - lose weight, get your bloodwork into a healthy zone and then you'll have a better chance of not only getting pregnant but having a Healthy pregnancy.  

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm hoping, with the TH shots and the fact that they both look as if they have put on even more poundage that they fall into a category some of my friends did.  In which they had difficulty conceiving at first because one or both of them were waaayyy overweight.  The first thing out of all of their doctors mouths was - lose weight, get your bloodwork into a healthy zone and then you'll have a better chance of not only getting pregnant but having a Healthy pregnancy.  

I also watch and snark on the My 600 lb. life forum.  I am amazed that some of the women featured, are able to get pregnant at over 500 pounds!  and have a healthy baby and make it through delivery alive.  With all the complications that can happen with pregnancy and childbirth, it's astounding that anyone that huge lives to tell about it.  

The best thing I can say about the tonymykelti coupling, is that any child that they produce, will not even be third cousins (like Doofus and Christine) and is more unlikely to have birth defects, like some of the offspring of related parents.  Like for example, the Kingston polygamists.  The documentary I saw on youtube about polygamists that mentioned that family, is truly sad.  

On a side note, did anyone else think of the I Love Lucy episode, where Lucy pretends a huge European cheese is a baby, so she can fly back to America without declaring it at customs?  That occurred to me, when Robyn was shown with, presumably, Ariella, in the front row at the wedding?  I know damn well that I would not have taken a sick baby out in that freezing ass weather!  Baby would have stayed inside, even if I had to pay extra for one of the staff to mind her.  Was Robyn trying to look like a good Sister Wife/Mom here?  Just something that occurred to me...

• Love 3
7 hours ago, sucker4reality said:

Oh my gosh! What kind of horrible mother does that? To two-year-olds? I have a two-year-old and this makes me so sad. 

There is a whole long backstory on this person (charming manipulator who turned out to be unbalanced) but luckily she is basically out of the picture. She was always absent a lot and I don’t think the boys really get that she is their mom. My son has custody and he mentioned today that she hasn’t exercised visitation rights in a couple of months. So yay for that; no one misses her. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, sucker4reality said:

We got all of our bouquets done by a Kroger florist and bought a ton of loose sunflowers and roses from said Kroger. Then the morning of we arranged them in mason jars on the tables. We got some loose petals to put in the flower girl baskets too. We paid $600 for flowers total and our bouquets and pictures were pretty nice and didn't take 3 months of our lives to prepare. Here's a pic of my bouquet with our wedding rings. From Kroger y'all!

Details003_preview.jpeg

That is BEAUTIFUL!  And I will never diss Kroger's flowers after learning that they do the crowning wreath for the Kentucky Derby and have done so for years.  I bet you had a wonderful and beautiful day that everyone will remember for happy reasons

• Love 8
8 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I would argue that Meri was guilty of an emotional affair even though Sam turned out to be fakery put on by a woman. After all, Sam was real in Meri's mind until Jackie Overton revealed the lie. Importantly, as Lee Atwater noted in the 80's, "perception is reality".

I don't get it.  Every time I've seen Meri talking about being catfished, it's all about her feeling betrayed, about how violated her privacy was by this person, how awful it was that the person wasn't who she had been led to believe it was--and that's all stuff that saved her bacon.  If she hadn't been betrayed, she'd be long gone with "Sam", yet she wants sympathy for being misled.  You can't have it both ways, Meri--either you are a cheating wife in everything but the actual fucking (which some would say is the least of your betrayal), or you weren't fooled at all and were just playing around.  Being all upset that your boyfriend turned out to be a woman--your boyfriend that you had been cyber-intimate with for a long time--doesn't jibe with being all upset that your marriage was threatened.

Why don't you leave Kody et al--you're divorced, after all, and your daughter is grown--and go live with your mother.

Edited after I saw the picture of FT held up by his bros:  I don't think he's even wearing regular jeans--I think he's wearing those stretchy leggings that are made to look like jeans.  See how the pockets don't look real, like they're just outline stitching?  And he couldn't even get that up over his gut.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, MrSmith said:

She changed her last name on her social media accounts kind of early, didn't she?

I believe once you change it, it becomes retroactive.

This picture was months before they got married. They look nice. Too bad they didn’t carry it over to their own.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I believe once you change it, it becomes retroactive.

This picture was months before they got married. They look nice. Too bad they didn’t carry it over to their own.

I was wondering about that. It just seemed strange to me because her @ handle includes "_p". I don't use Twitter much and so I'm not sure if you can change your username there or not.

On 2/12/2018 at 6:14 AM, ghoulina said:

Have you watched Mykelti? There is no encouraging her. She does what she wants, opinions be dammed. Look at how hard Kody had to fight to get some pictures inside so the sick babies didn't have to go back out in the chill. And I imagine HE carries more sway than the moms. 

Tony probably ate 50 of them himself. 

Why no rice and beans with the tacos?..., so cheap and easy to make and that way they would not have run out of tacos!

• Love 1

So I finally rewatched the episode with Mr. Gothish. He was tired and not his usually chatty self while watching, but he had a few points to make:

1- The family is trying way too hard to convince us they like Tony - his words were something like "they sound like they drank the kool-aid"

2 - Meri is totally checked out and looks like she'd rather be anywhere else

3 - Christine's singing wasn't so bad

4 - Regarding Tony - "Every time I see him, I can't stand him even more."

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, stacyasp said:

Why no rice and beans with the tacos?..., so cheap and easy to make and that way they would not have run out of tacos!

I would not have wanted to be downwind of Tony after feasting on beans.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

3 - Christine's singing wasn't so bad

I thought it was terrible.  But we all have our own likes and dislikes - that's why there are so many different genres of singers out there!  : )

• Love 3
1 hour ago, stacyasp said:

I thought in an earlier episode the coordinator gal mentioned some other foods besides tacos that would be served? Am I dreaming? 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I thought it was terrible.  But we all have our own likes and dislikes - that's why there are so many different genres of singers out there!  : )

I think because we were primed by the rehearsals, it wasn't such a shock that she sounded the way she sounded. She can hit those high notes, but she doesn't have the stamina to sustain them. She sings better than I do, that's for sure.

I give Christine a pass because she is the first to admit her own faults and limitations. She knew she didn't sing that song all that well, she knows her wedding dress was ugly - it's not like she's going around bragging about it. 

2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I thought in an earlier episode the coordinator gal mentioned some other foods besides tacos that would be served? Am I dreaming? 

I think they mentioned tortilla chips and dips?

• Love 6

Finally getting the chance to comment, after having read through all the commentary...too complicated to go back and find exact quotes, so I'll paraphrase:

- In all the mentioning of "magnanimous" (which FT had used in a context where it was not correct anyway), no one has mentioned that HE SAID IT WRONG!  He said, "mangaminous"...I had to listen twice more to be sure.

- Also haven't seen any mention that aside from the absolute weirdness and inappropriateness of beating bride and groom effigies at a wedding, the pinata tradition at formal occasions that FT so insistently mentioned undoubtedly has never featured adults doing the beating WITHOUT a blindfold.  That's what made it such a violent sh*tshow....if it had been normal blindfolded swatting (and by kids), it would not have been nearly so horrific.

- Someone had questioned whether Mariah was there.  I noticed her when all the bridesmaids were lined up against that bare wall in the basement, and she looked very, very much like Mykelti.

- Someone else commented that they should have had space heaters.  Apparently they did....Taunya mentioned that they had about 7 or 8 they were going to set up.

- In the TH with Maddie & Caleb about the pregnancy, I thought it was very regrettable that Caleb mentioned how much he wants a boy.  Hey dad, way to make your (potential) daughter feel wanted and special!

- Given that they had spoken at great length, and in advance, about the pinatas, it was so very, very low rent when one of the guests had to HUM it.  Get a freaking CD.

- I thought that at times, Mykelti's dress looked pretty good from the front.  But when they showed the shot of her at the "altar", standing sideways, she looked so enormous.

- Someone mentioned about Maddie & Caleb not being accused of cultural appropriation with their wedding decorations.....they definitely were at the time.

- For the very first time, I could actually hear what everyone has been saying about Christine pronouncing "ing" with a "k" at the end....I think it was when she was sitting in the wedding audience and said "stunningk" about how Mykelti looked.

- When Maddie was getting her hair done, it looked like it was maroon-colored, dry, fried, and super unhealthy.

- And finally...some people have said that FT has surpassed Whitney Thore as the most despicable character on reality TV.  NO WAY.  Whitney is more selfish, entitled, mean-spirited, and overbearing in one episode, than FT is all season. 

....yet I can't quit these people!!

• Love 5
On 2/12/2018 at 3:29 PM, riverblue22 said:

Speaking as someone who won the sixth grade dance contest, I can say that FT is a terrible dancer.  He has the moves, but no grace and no rhythm.  Kody was much better.

And no words for the cake eating scene.  Simply terrible.

The one thing that Tony seems to have going for him are his parents.  Not sure about his siblings. but his parents seem like nice people, although a bit overwhelmed with the St. George and polygamist culture around them.

This is awesome!

On 2/12/2018 at 3:41 PM, Kyanight said:

I find this to be sort of abusive.  I'm not talking about pushing cake into your new bride/groom's face - although personally I don't think it's funny - but the Brown's were laughing about Tony getting his entire head shoved into his birthday cake.  What the heck?  Why is that appropriate behavior to do to someone you love?  And that's tradition?  Traditions in OUR family are more like getting two jumbo shrimp trays from Red Lobster every Christmas eve - something we all enjoy.  I don't enjoy seeing someone with cake in their hair and eyes and up their nose.  To ME, that is just mean and unkind.  "Here's your cake - but no one gets to eat it after you're shoved into it!"

I'm sorry your grandbabies had to go through that.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I cannot imagine doing this to someone I love let alone a BABY!  

• Love 4
On 2/12/2018 at 6:57 PM, kicotan said:

Yes, indeed. Born and raised there!  Moved out by the Los Padres National Forest on the other side of the strawberry fields/grape vines when I was 6!  The "block" in my neighborhood was 15 miles long! ?

I live in the same county!  Just south.  I used to date a guy whose dad was a lettuce farmer in Santa Maria.  A million years ago that is.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:13 PM, Kyanight said:

Neither of you want to sit next to me.  I hate the cold and I would be pissy.  And then if I didn't get any TACOS because they ran out?  It would not be pretty.  But at least you could see me try to bean FT in the head with my little mini frisbee!

I would be SUPER cold and pissy IF I even agreed to be outside.  I would be tempted to wear my Forever Lazy just to eff up their pics for making me sit outside in the cold.  For those not familiar with the Forever Lazy, picture an adult onesie big enough to wear clothes under. I may even be able to fit a pony keg in it (who is with me!!!???).   Mine is blue so I look like a smurf.  

• Love 8
On 2/14/2018 at 3:15 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I also watch and snark on the My 600 lb. life forum.  I am amazed that some of the women featured, are able to get pregnant at over 500 pounds!  and have a healthy baby and make it through delivery alive.  With all the complications that can happen with pregnancy and childbirth, it's astounding that anyone that huge lives to tell about it.  

The best thing I can say about the tonymykelti coupling, is that any child that they produce, will not even be third cousins (like Doofus and Christine) and is more unlikely to have birth defects, like some of the offspring of related parents.  Like for example, the Kingston polygamists.  The documentary I saw on youtube about polygamists that mentioned that family, is truly sad.  

On a side note, did anyone else think of the I Love Lucy episode, where Lucy pretends a huge European cheese is a baby, so she can fly back to America without declaring it at customs?  That occurred to me, when Robyn was shown with, presumably, Ariella, in the front row at the wedding?  I know damn well that I would not have taken a sick baby out in that freezing ass weather!  Baby would have stayed inside, even if I had to pay extra for one of the staff to mind her.  Was Robyn trying to look like a good Sister Wife/Mom here?  Just something that occurred to me...

Love that ep!  Was it Ariella or was it cheese?  We shall never know...

• Love 3

@Natalie68, I do believe that at one point, the 'baby' actually appeared to cry, but I think there's nothing that these wives (or Kody) wouldn't do, to make it look like they're all in it for all the kids, all the time.  Robyn especially seems to overcompensate, because she wasn't there at the beginning, even though she tries to talk like she's been there 'from day 1.'  Because, it was 'destiny' and they 'shoulda all been together since day 1.'

I love 'I Love Lucy,' because it's even older than I am (well, the first few years, anyway.)  

Forever Lazy would have been perfect for this fiasco.  FFS, they could have at least given out hand and foot warmers, like the ones I bought at Costco.  That wind must have made the "feels like" temp below zero.

• Love 3

It’s taken me all week to get halfway through.

Truely walking down the isle was really cute!

Does Maddie have some underlying issue? I get that it’s not ideal to be outside in 40 degree weather, but thy all seem overly concerned about how fragile she is. Or maybe it’s just because she’s the golden child. I think Maddie and Caleb already knew the sex of their baby during the TH. 

Seriously, what is the deal with Robyn’s niece? She was in Maddie’s wedding too, wasn’t she? Just seems odd when full and half biological sisters aren’t included. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Kyanight said:

So did I. First thing she did wrong was insisting on singing outside her range--she was off on many of the high notes. Sounded like bad karaoke to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

It’s taken me all week to get halfway through.

Truely walking down the isle was really cute!

Does Maddie have some underlying issue? I get that it’s not ideal to be outside in 40 degree weather, but thy all seem overly concerned about how fragile she is. Or maybe it’s just because she’s the golden child. I think Maddie and Caleb already knew the sex of their baby during the TH. 

Seriously, what is the deal with Robyn’s niece? She was in Maddie’s wedding too, wasn’t she? Just seems odd when full and half biological sisters aren’t included. 

I agree Truely was really cute.  

Mindy?  It is weird when she's always a bridesmaid, and some of the sisters aren't included (Gwen and Ysabel here; Savanah in Maddie's wedding.)  I wonder if dear Robyn has something to do with that...sneaky piece that she is.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree Truely was really cute.  

Mindy?  It is weird when she's always a bridesmaid, and some of the sisters aren't included (Gwen and Ysabel here; Savanah in Maddie's wedding.)  I wonder if dear Robyn has something to do with that...sneaky piece that she is.

Gwen and Ysabel would have been great bridesmaids! She could have even had them as “junior” bridesmaids. They both seem really nice. And Gwen is hilarious. 

Mid Mykelti has kids one day, I think she will look back on the wedding, and having all the sick kids outside, and realize how shitty she was being. 

• Love 3

In response to the poster (sorry,  so many posts to find it), the show should definitely change its opener. We're well far from the, "We're polygamists, here to show you how HAPPY we are, how we're not evil, and nothing like Warren Jeffs. We're just like you; we're just polygamists."

It should probably go something like this:

Meri: "I'm not sure if I believe in this lifestyle anymore. It's made me bitter and withdraw from my family."

Janelle: "I got the kids that I wanted from Kody. Now I'm just coasting along, and vegging out." 

Christine: "I now like sister wives. I got the family I wanted, and now I FINALLY got the man!"

Robin...What to say about Robin? Maybe there's something in the water where I am, but she is not as insufferable as she usually is. Did she cry or pull any histrionics like she had in past seasons?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Her brows are quite distracting, lol— they remind me of “Muppet” puppets’

I will never understand why anyone would pluck out their own eyebrows and draw them back on with a pencil.

17 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

In response to the poster (sorry,  so many posts to find it), the show should definitely change its opener. We're well far from the, "We're polygamists, here to show you how HAPPY we are, how we're not evil, and nothing like Warren Jeffs. We're just like you; we're just polygamists."

Meri: "I'm not sure if I believe in this lifestyle anymore. It's made me bitter and withdraw from my family."

Janelle: "I got the kids that I wanted from Kody. Now I'm just coasting along, and vegging out." 

Christine: "I now like sister wives. I got the family I wanted, and now I FINALLY got the man!"

Robin...What to say about Robin? Maybe there's something in the water where I am, but she is not as insufferable as she usually is. Did she cry or pull any histrionics like she had in past seasons?

Robin: I pronounce things weirdly with poor grammer, like, "where's your head at"? And "We shoulda' all been together".

• Love 7
1 hour ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Robyn: I’m not the current favourite, so I don’t wanna talk about it. But I’ll try to interject myself into everything so I can stay relevant. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Ha, those are great! Especially Christine's.

Robyn: "Seems like yesterday, I was just the favorite wife - now I'm the legal one too."

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 6
On 2/11/2018 at 8:29 PM, DragonFaerie said:

I wonder what happens when FT and Mykelti realize that they can't make it on their own and try to move home with Christine and she can have FT with his comments and jokes 24/7

You already know this one is coming. I'd be surprised if they don't move in by the end of next season. 

• Love 5
On 2/11/2018 at 8:47 PM, CSunshine76 said:

Why? Why did Christine sing about 4 octaves higher than she should have?  Yikes.

I loved the camera panning to Janelle staring at her wrist...she couldn’t handle it either.

I didn't think anything could be worse than Josh Duggar singing to Anna at their wedding but Christine proved me wrong. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Marigny said:

You already know this one is coming. I'd be surprised if they don't move in by the end of next season. 

FT and Mykelti were on a realtor (or banker) FB page, with a picture of them being congratulated on the purchase of their first home.  If they follow the Brown family tradition, they'll file for bankruptcy to clear all the wedding bills, but they can keep the house.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Meghzie said:

Robyn: I’m not the current favourite, so I don’t wanna talk about it. But I’ll try to interject myself into everything so I can stay relevant. 

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed to me that Robyn was distant from Kody this season.  Not like Meri, but I'm not sure she cared if she was the favorite wife or not.  I think she and Kody had a major physical attraction in the beginning, but that fades with time.  She and Kody both may be discovering they don't much like the other person now that those attraction hormones are no longer ruling their relationship. 

Or maybe it was the editing.   

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I think she and Kody had a major physical attraction in the beginning, but that fades with time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say every one of his wives were "courted" the same way ~ major physical attraction combined with the religious morés that deny physical gratification before marriage increasing the sexual tension and then they go at it like rabbits during the honeymoon period...until they pump out 6 kids or so...which puts the brakes on romanticism.

unless you are Meri and can't manage to "provide" more than 1 offspring.

Blech.

Edited by kicotan
Spellcheck madness
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed to me that Robyn was distant from Kody this season.  Not like Meri, but I'm not sure she cared if she was the favorite wife or not.  I think she and Kody had a major physical attraction in the beginning, but that fades with time.  She and Kody both may be discovering they don't much like the other person now that those attraction hormones are no longer ruling their relationship. 

Or maybe it was the editing.   

I think Robyn is somewhat resting on her laurels, now that she has firmly entrenched herself as legal wife.  The next hurdle will be to ensconce herself in Meri's well maintained home, if they manage to hang on to the LV houses.

She still relishes the role as the wife that has Kody's ear and Meri plays right into her hand, by seeking advice on how best to approach Kody and even Mariah.  She is probably somewhat exhausted too, considering she has 3 teens and 2 toddlers, a broke business to run and only 1 nanny.   Wah. wah, wah, poor Robyn.

• Love 3