Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: PolygaMexicamist Wedding

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I've never heard of a kid breaking up with a loser because their mom doesn't like them. Sadly it doesn't work that way. I knew I was in for trouble when my at-the-time 4-year-old announced, "I'm gonna marry a pirate". I had an immediate vision of said pirate sitting at my table in 20 years. Shudder.  

If said pirate looked like Johnny Depp, I think I'd be ok with it!  :D

6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Well, I finally watched it last night.  There are no words, other than "tacky" to describe the whole thing.  Had we been there, moments of specific memories would have served to engender laughter as comparison points for what NOT to do for the rest of our lives.  (Don't have effigies filled with candy at formal occasions.  Don't NOT have a backup plan for outdoor events in December. Etc., etc., etc.)

If four "mothers" and a father couldn't control this ridiculousness, it says something for the ridiculousness of the "parents" themselves.  "No, Mykelti.  Even if it's YOUR DAY, we are not asking 400 of our friends and family members to sit outside in December.  No, Mykelti, we are NOT going to allow people to whack at bride and groom pinatas at the reception."  Had that been my kid, I'd not have contributed $1 to that fiasco.  Parents are not legally obligated to be bullied by an entitled brat and her equally entitled choice in a spouse.

In a perfect world, you'd be correct. Parents walk a tightrope when it comes to their children's happiness - especially when said children are legal adults. I think the parents probably did the best they could to handle the situation without alienating Mykelti. 

Also, don't forget that there was always hope that the weather wouldn't be so bad. Everything is paid for and a done deal by the day of the wedding - regardless of circumstances, The Show Must Go On.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Catfish crap again/still ? 

Put a fork in it already!

I think I am the lone holdout who still enjoys re-re-re-re-re-re-hashing the Catfish drama.  I thoroughly enjoy Meri's thespian skills...you know, the artfully lowered head, the forced tears making tracks through the orange foundation, all the dillings and the fillings, the revisionist history, playing the victim of that big pretend meanie.  I don't even know what is wrong with me, but I just find it fascinating how she spins her sad tale of woe over and over again, ignoring the fact that if Sam had been real, she'd have been gone a long time ago.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 24
6 hours ago, gardendiva said:

The 20 year old scotch I would have to have in a flask to make it through this debacle.

Haha!! I said to my husband back when they were talking about it being a dry wedding - oh, I'd be carrying a flask for this one!

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think I am the lone holdout who still enjoys re-re-re-re-re-re-hashing the Catfish drama.  I thoroughly enjoy Meri's thespian skills...you know, the artfully lowered head, the forced tears making tracks through the orange foundation, all the dillings and the fillings, the revisionist history, playing the victim of that big pretend meanie.  I don't even know what is wrong with me, but I just find it fascinating how she spins her sad tale of woe over and over again, ignoring the fact that if Sam had been real, she'd have been gone a long time ago.

You are not alone.

With the enormous amount of therapy sessions these folks report attending and the way they interject therapy session words into their dialogue (Example: Christine saying "Aspen always knows how to de-escalate Mykelti" during the bridal shower prep segment, instead of just saying she knows how to calm her down) I'm almost positive that Meri and the others have picked up some "poor me, I'm just a victim here" methods.

Meri wound up in the awkward position of being the first wife that could only pop out one kid.  In her world, God didn't bless her as she imagined he would and she's been pouting about it/taking it out on others ever since.

My 2 centavos, fwiw.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

- If he can't dress well, the least he could've done was groom himself properly. Meaning the hair on his head and his facial hair should look nice and neat. Does he do that? Nope. He looked like he just fell  out of bed, hang out with his groombros playing video games all morning then literally rolled off the couch an 1/2 hour before the wedding and got dressed. 

He might have looked nicer in a traditional men's Mexican shirt that has pin tucking down the front and hangs loose. It would honor his culture and perhaps flatter his lumpy figure. BTW I had been away for awhile and the first time I saw FT I knew exactly what posters meant.

I'm falling onto the side that they where already married or at least living together and made this wedding as difficult as possible just to be cute at best or a big FU at worst for the TV show.

• Love 6

Off the wedding topic, the scenes for this week re-visit Meri and Janelle's relationship.  Wow the way Janelle described it!  I thought it had gotten better but it seems they have no use for each other.  Guess they tabled that whole storyline with the cat fishing and the weddings taking center stage.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Janelle REALLY seemed to have issues with the catfishing fiasco, so I'm sure that might have something to do with why they aren't getting any friendlier towards each other.  Janelle has said how she just doesn't understand it at all, and Meri only explains it minimally, downplaying her role in all of it. 

Janelle is full of crap.  Janelle, and all of the wives for that matter, understand it probably better than anyone not named Meri.  Janelle's baffled act is for Kody's benefit, as in: "how could Meri possibly want to stray when we have the bounty that is Kody?"  These women all use the faults of the others as steps towards jockeying for a better position.  If Meri pissed Kody off, it makes Janelle look better.  And even if Janelle has no use for Kody in the boudoir anymore, I'm sure anything that puts her in a better light than Mean Meri, Janelle is all for it.  So that whole stupid "I just don't understand what Meri was thinking" complete with wide eyes and befuddled expression is BS.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

If said pirate looked like Johnny Depp, I think I'd be ok with it!  :D

In a perfect world, you'd be correct. Parents walk a tightrope when it comes to their children's happiness - especially when said children are legal adults. I think the parents probably did the best they could to handle the situation without alienating Mykelti. 

Also, don't forget that there was always hope that the weather wouldn't be so bad. Everything is paid for and a done deal by the day of the wedding - regardless of circumstances, The Show Must Go On.

If they are still tiptoeing around her feelings when she's in her 20s, they've been spoiling her all through her life.  Their feet (all 10 of them) should have been put down years ago in making her understand that - especially in such a huge family - they don't all live by her rules.  Not even on "HER DAY."  

And if she wanted to be married outside, that's an okay request.  But to insist on it in Utah in December with NO "Plan B" in case of bad weather . . . I almost admired Kody when he stood up and said, "This is a bad decision" . . . but she played the "It's MY decision" card with no concern for currently or about-to-become sick people.  Her response when told that people didn't want to go outside for pictures was "Suck it up."  I spent 10 seconds on Google and found out that the average HIGH temperature for St. George in December is 52.  They should have known the week before that the forecast for "HER DAY" was less than ideal.  But it was "HER DAY" and she was going to get married outside.  It looked pretty obvious that at least half of the people who attended the wedding stayed inside for the ceremony.  So at least half of the invitees had more sense than she did.

ETA:  I'm really curious as to whether the invitations included the "outdoor event" warning so people would know to wear warm . . . rather than dressy . . . clothes.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Neither of you want to sit next to me.  I hate the cold and I would be pissy.  And then if I didn't get any TACOS because they ran out?  It would not be pretty.  But at least you could see me try to bean FT in the head with my little mini frisbee!

Oh but that's exactly why I would want to sit next to you - we could all bitch to each other and cover each other as we sneak sips from our flasks. Mine would have Bailey's, with an extra dash of Irish Whiskey (I'm a bit of a lightweight, lol). 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Pachengala said:

This was, bar none, the grossest wedding I have ever seen in my entire life. You guys have covered it all, but can I just reiterate some especially egregious points? 

• If I looked out over my crowd of wedding guests and saw most of them swaddled in blankets and shivering, I would be heartbroken over the shitty, shitty time I had shown them. My god, if you were still rooting a little for this couple before this wedding, their utter disregard and disrespect for their loved ones should have set that ship to sea. 
  • There literally were NO SIDE DISHES. People got three tacos, THE END. At our wedding, we had food and drinks available at every point in the wedding, especially those transitional moments like photographs, so that our INVITED GUESTS could be happy and comfortable. If I went to a wedding where they were like, "here's a blanket and three tacos, LOVED ONE" I'd be so fucking appalled that I would actually write a follow-up letter to Mykelti, explaining why they are getting neither a gift nor my continued presence in their life. Your wedding is only about you if you are the only attendees. If you decide to host [400 fucking] guests, now you need to consider them. 
  • Tony is borderline sociopath but that wedding was so gross that I don't even care anymore if Mykelti manages to get out unscathed (spoiler: she won't). 
  • Hey Christine, the very definition of a "good dancer" is that he's easy to follow. 
  • I defy anyone to watch that pinata scene and think, "Yeah, this is normal, this is a sweet couple." That was bone-chilling. 
  • The guests were wrapped in coats and blankets THE WHOLE TIME! During dinner and dancing too! Meaning there was never a time that this grotesque sham of a wedding was comfortable! No wonder no one was engaged during the toasts and the cake cutting--they'd all gone into survival mode from cold and hunger. Gah! 
  • Look, I love weddings. I love them! I go to every wedding I'm invited to, I always cry, and I always have a good time. I'm hard-wired to see them as a grand gesture of hope and love, and I can roll with the bumps and still think each one was the best wedding ever. So I am speaking from a place of great gravity when I tell you that this wedding was an absolutely disgusting, classless, barbaric horror show, and the fact that Mykelti is basically a hostage doesn't even make me want to walk that back. Eff these two--they deserve the lifetime of misery they're going to bring each other. 

I am a worse person for having seen that. I'm going to go cuddle my toddler for awhile until I can believe in goodness again. 

While I think you took things perhaps a bit too far, I could not help but laugh my ass off at this post! Your last line especially is just gold. And I agree with most of what you said. 

• Love 3

I read this entire thread and against my better judgment with all the descriptions of the hot mess, just finished watching.  Cringing through the entire 2 hours.  Less actually, but it felt like forever and ff'ed through C's caterwauling.  Once was enough.  

NO WORDS!

Okay, a few.  And don't even know where to start.  And nothing I could say hasn't already been said.   

God forgive me, but I detest these people.  

Those are a few words.  I can't even snark this it was so bad.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

He might have looked nicer in a traditional men's Mexican shirt that has pin tucking down the front and hangs loose. It would honor his culture and perhaps flatter his lumpy figure. BTW I had been away for awhile and the first time I saw FT I knew exactly what posters meant.

I'm falling onto the side that they where already married or at least living together and made this wedding as difficult as possible just to be cute at best or a big FU at worst for the TV show.

I concur.  And since our own message board investigator has found that the marriage license was obtained just a few weeks before this wedding fiasco, I'm going to come up with another scenario.  FT is now LDS, right?  And Mykelti was former AUB but can't get accepted into LDS, yes?  My theory is that since Mykelti grew up with the insistence that "spiritual marriages" and more important than that simple legal piece of paper, that they had their OWN "spiritual" ceremony long before this party.  Of course, that's the ceremony that REALLY matters & this one was just a fun party.  With FUs. :)

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I concur.  And since our own message board investigator has found that the marriage license was obtained just a few weeks before this wedding fiasco, I'm going to come up with another scenario.  FT is now LDS, right?  And Mykelti was former AUB but can't get accepted into LDS, yes?  My theory is that since Mykelti grew up with the insistence that "spiritual marriages" and more important than that simple legal piece of paper, that they had their OWN "spiritual" ceremony long before this party.  Of course, that's the ceremony that REALLY matters & this one was just a fun party.  With FUs. :)

Not to my understanding.

the way it works as far as I can tell is that Tony, a Mormon, can marry a non-Mormon, Mykelti, and not get kicked out of his church.  However, since she isn't a Mormon, they can only be married in a civil union, not a spiritual marriage, for the duration of their lives.  If she was a Mormon, they would be in a civil union AND sealed for all eternity in a spiritual marriage that would not end when their lives end but would continue on in the celestial kingdom.

That being said, it is altogether possible that Tony is receiving revelations from God, directing him to make his own rules and eventually insisting everyone call him prophet.  Who knows, weirder things have happened.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Janelle is full of crap.  Janelle, and all of the wives for that matter, understand it probably better than anyone not named Meri.  Janelle's baffled act is for Kody's benefit, as in: "how could Meri possibly want to stray when we have the bounty that is Kody?"  These women all use the faults of the others as steps towards jockeying for a better position.  If Meri pissed Kody off, it makes Janelle look better.  And even if Janelle has no use for Kody in the boudoir anymore, I'm sure anything that puts her in a better light than Mean Meri, Janelle is all for it.  So that whole stupid "I just don't understand what Meri was thinking" complete with wide eyes and befuddled expression is BS.

I agree. It’s crap. She knows exactly what Meri was thinking and feeling. She’s probably even glad that Meri was feeling neglected enough to want to stray. 

But even if she really didn’t understand. Who cares. It’s between Kody and Meri. Janelle doesn’t get to make it about her. If she wants to butt her nose in she should be focusing on encouraging Kody and Meri to repair their relationship. And frankly, once you’ve married your ex-sister-in-law’s husband you don’t get to whine about betrayal. 

• Love 15

I read over on the Seeking Sister Wives forum that Aspyn's fiancé is the brother of one of the wives on that show, she is a red head and her name is Vanessa.  Also said they were at Kody and Robyn's wedding.  This might be posted in this thread someplace else, if so I apologize for the duplicate information.  

• Love 6

At the beginning of each episode, we hear Meri's voiceover saying "I believe in this life style ... it makes us all better".  

No it doesn't, this life style turned you into a bitter biotch who because you couldn't have but one kid for Kody.  Do I dare say that the one kid who has come out as a Lesbian means you failed?  Beyond all the smiles, I really can't buy in that the family now accepts Mariah.  I hope they do, but with their strident religion, they can't accept her. Sad, accept my life style, but I'll judge your's..   You have been pushed out and gladly embraced the escape.  Yet you're not supporting your own daughter either.  

These people are an aberration, no matter how mainstaim they and TLC depict them.  

Edited by Otter
typos
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

My Tony hate grows unabashedly and exponentially with each and every episode. Where to even begin:

- His wedding attire: It looked like someone tried to put a suit on the Kool Aid Man. I kept waiting for him to break through a wall and scream "Oh Yeah!" 

I cannot get this image out of my brain now.  Only Tony is yelling "TACO!" and holding a mug of MEXICAN hot chocolate, because, ya know, white peoples' hot chocolate sucks.

3 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

Found a real estate agent for Mykelti and Tony!

26904425_2031138793582108_3152174274356867138_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

That would work ... but what about lunch the NEXT day??

Forget about lunch the NEXT day, what's Mykelti going to eat that day?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm sure that Meri says to Janelle, "I don't understand why you ever divorced my brother." So I think they are even on the tit for tat.

• Love 1

When the camera zoomed out of the reception at the end, it looked like they were in an outdoor tent.

And I've never seen a wedding venue that just allows the wedding party to come in in the morning and hang shit on their walls.

That dress was so ill-fitting that it looked like Mykelti had tits sticking out of the back.

And I loved Kody's exposition on the trials and tribulations of plyg weddings:  It's tough for the old wives to have to celebrate the new wife; and it's tough for the husband . . . having to dill with the unhappy old wives.

• Love 4

I haven't gotten to watch this episode, yet. I will this weekend. However, I did see a little bit of Mykelti in her dress doing a talking head (maybe it was in a preview for next week?) and I was shocked at how much weight she's gained. She hardly looks like herself in her face anymore.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I haven't gotten to watch this episode, yet. I will this weekend. However, I did see a little bit of Mykelti in her dress doing a talking head (maybe it was in a preview for next week?) and I was shocked at how much weight she's gained. She hardly looks like herself in her face anymore.

Ditto with Tony.  I am not kidding - not being snarky - when they were doing talking heads Tony looked like he has gained at LEAST 50 pounds.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Ditto with Tony.  I am not kidding - not being snarky - when they were doing talking heads Tony looked like he has gained at LEAST 50 pounds.

I'll be interested to have a look at them both more fully. I suppose neither of them knows how to cook, which means they're probably buying the frozen, processed foods (like EnCor meals) and a lot of fast food. The amount of salt and fat in frozen foods is enough to strike a person dumb the first time they stop to really read the ingredients. It's no wonder this nation is getting so fat. (That's not to say you can't get fat on home-cooked meals, of course, because you can.)

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Alapaki said:

When the camera zoomed out of the reception at the end, it looked like they were in an outdoor tent.

And I've never seen a wedding venue that just allows the wedding party to come in in the morning and hang shit on their walls.

The wedding was outdoors, the eating was indoors...but it looked like a very cramped set up with tables and chairs way too close and then there was a little tent just outside where the music and dancing was.  To my eye this place did not look like it was set up for weddings.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

Also thought that Mykelti was trying pretty hard to sound "adult" in the THs - definitely a different tone of voice then she normally uses. 

Yea...if you go back to the times that Mykelti had the TH camera all to herself this is the "I'm important and so very mature" voice that she puts on.  Way back when...when she was going to be a fashion designer and talking about pretty thread and fabric to make dresses (made very little sense...) she was using this weird slow put on voice.  I was watching the episode on the computer and my daughter was behind me in the kitchen.  She finally couldn't take it anymore and ran into the room to find out what the hell I was watching.  She told me that if she had to listen to someone talk like that she would probably end up smacking them to shut them up.

Christine does the same thing with a different voice.  Her "this is very important" voice with weird word accents is enough to drive you nuts.  I have always thought that Mykelti is JUST like Christine.  In a similar way that Mariah is just like Meri.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Yea...if you go back to the times that Mykelti had the TH camera all to herself this is the "I'm important and so very mature" voice that she puts on.  Way back when...when she was going to be a fashion designer and talking about pretty thread and fabric to make dresses (made very little sense...) she was using this weird slow put on voice.  I was watching the episode on the computer and my daughter was behind me in the kitchen.  She finally couldn't take it anymore and ran into the room to find out what the hell I was watching.  She told me that if she had to listen to someone talk like that she would probably end up smacking them to shut them up.

Christine does the same thing with a different voice.  Her "this is very important" voice with weird word accents is enough to drive you nuts.  I have always thought that Mykelti is JUST like Christine.  In a similar way that Mariah is just like Meri.

I know just what you are talking about.  Christine's sentence structures drive me bananas, all of her dramatic pauses and shift of inflections are screaming "pay attention to what I am saying".  Comes with the territory I guess, when competing with 3 other 'wives' to be heard.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

I'll be interested to have a look at them both more fully. I suppose neither of them knows how to cook, which means they're probably buying the frozen, processed foods (like EnCor meals) and a lot of fast food. The amount of salt and fat in frozen foods is enough to strike a person dumb the first time they stop to really read the ingredients. It's no wonder this nation is getting so fat. (That's not to say you can't get fat on home-cooked meals, of course, because you can.)

I think that Mykelti had mentioned that Tony can prepare Mexican food like "real" burritos and tacos.  Not dissing Mexican cusine at all - it's my favorite - but really unless you're starting from scratch or being inspired by Like Water For Chocolate how hard is it to grill some flap meat, chop it up and stick it in a tortilla? 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

However, I did see a little bit of Mykelti in her dress doing a talking head (maybe it was in a preview for next week?) and I was shocked at how much weight she's gained. She hardly looks like herself in her face anymore.

It really is bracing.  Maybe it's just the fact that so much time passed between the events we're seeing and when the THs were taped.  But, at least with Mykelti, to me it goes beyond "wow,s he gained weight".  She looks almost bloated.  It really looks like her face is getting ready to explode.  Tony, to me, looks like a more traditional fat fuck who's just continued to get bigger.

1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

The wedding was outdoors, the eating was indoors...but it looked like a very cramped set up with tables and chairs way too close and then there was a little tent just outside where the music and dancing was.  To my eye this place did not look like it was set up for weddings.

Everything about the set-up seemed off

The basement room where the Bride's party was waiting before the ceremony was just a bare room.  They were taking pictures of the Bride, the Bridesmaids, etc. against a bare, white wall.  Those pictures are going to look like shit.  Is that really the best staging area that a country club had available for a wedding party?

I know the coordinator from the club (who deserved battle pay for dilling with this crew) gave a figure as to how many they could accommodate, but the room where the food was served really didn't look like it could comfortably fit more than a hundred or so people.

From the rehearsal it was apparent that the wedding was held on the putting green of the club's golf course.  I wonder if the superintendent of the course was consulted on that.

And I've seen weddings where the bridal party (or, more likely the florist, or the paid wedding planner) set up decorated tables with the guest book, pictures, etc.  But I've never seen a venue allow people in to just hang stuff all over their walls.

Overall I just get the sense that this country club wanted nothing to do with this event and was as minimally accommodating as they could get away with.   

• Love 7

Can someone explain why at one point Kody was dressed in his suit (the part where he was asking opinions about his stupid hair) but then later, everything was held up because he had to go back to the condo to get his shirt?  He was already dressed.  I don't get it.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Make that two. I'm right there with you. To this day she has never admitted how big a part she played in this thing and how she really felt (banana photos and voice mails, Meri?). She blamed "Sam", swept it under a rug and has since been trying to outrun it at warp speed. That alone further damaged her relationship with not just Kody, but the whole family. I love it when this comes back up because it opens wounds she has merely been putting bandaids on. 

"A few years ago I was catfished..............". Here we go again. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

It really is bracing.  Maybe it's just the fact that so much time passed between the events we're seeing and when the THs were taped.  But, at least with Mykelti, to me it goes beyond "wow,s he gained weight".  She looks almost bloated.  It really looks like her face is getting ready to explode.  Tony, to me, looks like a more traditional fat fuck who's just continued to get bigger.

Yes! This. That's exactly right. She does look bloated.

Your other points about the wedding and reception were interesting, especially as they pertain to the venue itself. One of my brothers-in-laws' friends has a degree in, and works as, a greens manager (or whatever they're called). He would be ticked to have people tramping all over the green like that.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

And it's always 100% J.O. / "Sam's" fault.   Uh... no.  Hundreds of thousands of people go on social media and into chatrooms and on message boards and play online games with people of the opposite sex and they ALWAYS have a choice of whether they are going to take things beyond a casual friendship - or not.  And the VAST majority of MARRIED folks - do not.  Of course some do.... but I don't think they then say "It was all HER/HIS fault... I was just an innocent party in this whole mess".  If Sam HAD been a real guy.... THEN what?  Then is Meri guilty of an emotional affair?  But because she didn't know it was a guy and J.O. is one sick dillwad... there is NO culpability?  That's not how it works, although that is the road Meri has taken.  She is 100% victim... and the other wives and Kody know this isn't true.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I agree. I couldn't get a good read on the configuration, but the space seemed narrow. And why choose a place that doesn't have a dance floor?

Edited by Gothish520
Spelling
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Make that two. I'm right there with you. To this day she has never admitted how big a part she played in this thing and how she really felt (banana photos and voice mails, Meri?). She blamed "Sam", swept it under a rug and has since been trying to outrun it at warp speed. That alone further damaged her relationship with not just Kody, but the whole family. I love it when this comes back up because it opens wounds she has merely been putting bandaids on. 

I cant believe it's been over two years since that happened - time flies!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Gothish520 said:

I cant believe it's been over two years since that happened - time flies!

Another thing she did that's ridiculous was wanting to "fix" her relationship with Kody immediately after this all came out. NO, that's not how it works. Meri was ready to up and leave for this person. That's a huge dill. Typical Meri--she minimized and shifted blame. I feel like the family knows but they're too afraid to corner Meri on it. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And it's always 100% J.O. / "Sam's" fault.   Uh... no.  Hundreds of thousands of people go on social media and into chatrooms and on message boards and play online games with people of the opposite sex and they ALWAYS have a choice of whether they are going to take things beyond a casual friendship - or not.  And the VAST majority of MARRIED folks - do not.  Of course some do.... but I don't think they then say "It was all HER/HIS fault... I was just an innocent party in this whole mess".  If Sam HAD been a real guy.... THEN what?  Then is Meri guilty of an emotional affair?  But because she didn't know it was a guy and J.O. is one sick dillwad... there is NO culpability?  That's not how it works, although that is the road Meri has taken.  She is 100% victim... and the other wives and Kody know this isn't true.

I would argue that Meri was guilty of an emotional affair even though Sam turned out to be fakery put on by a woman. After all, Sam was real in Meri's mind until Jackie Overton revealed the lie. Importantly, as Lee Atwater noted in the 80's, "perception is reality". I was catfished years ago (circa 2000) - before it was even called "catfishing" - by someone I had met playing EverQuest. It wasn't a romantic relationship or anything; just "friends", but it was a man pretending to be a woman. It was easier for them to pretend to be a woman since there wasn't voice chat in the game at the time. The fact remains that until his soon-to-be ex-wife pulled his chat logs and informed me of the deception, this person was a woman in my mind. When the deception was revealed, I was left speechless for about five minutes. It took some time for me to even respond to the real woman (yes, the man was pretending to be his soon-to-be ex-wife in the game, to add to the mind-fuckery).

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Can someone explain why at one point Kody was dressed in his suit (the part where he was asking opinions about his stupid hair) but then later, everything was held up because he had to go back to the condo to get his shirt?  He was already dressed.  I don't get it.

I had the feeling he tried the shirt and tie on for feedback on how he would look with the ponytail.  He then went to the venue to set up the trellis and decor.  I'm surprised he didn't take the time after decorating to dash back to the hotel or wherever they were staying and shower and get dressed there.  He sweats the small stuff so much, he must have been pretty ripe after attending to details and then slaps on a clean dress shirt. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Janelle is befuddled by opening the front door.  The whole thing is getting really old.

• Love 11
On February 13, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Sandy W said:

I loved the older girls dresses but the little girls skirts were a drab grey color, (that's how they came across in photos), they could have found tulle in a sparkly, metallic silver in keeping with their theme and every little girl loves some sparkle.

I bet FT nixed it

• Love 1
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Janelle is befuddled by opening the front door.  The whole thing is getting really old.

I read Janelle's befuddlement as not understanding how you can get so close to someone that you think you are "in love" with them by just talking to them on the internet and through their "close friend". I"m guessing that she could never see herself really falling for someone that she hasn't met in person. And I have to say, I completely understand that. 

My sister got divorced a couple of years ago and has been doing the online dating thing. The emotional ups and downs she's gone through are dizzying. It's amazing how you can really connect with someone through texting and talking and then when you meet them in person - nothing. 

I've made a same-sex friend or two through online message boards like this, but I just could not see myself actually falling in love with someone I've never even seen in a video chat, never mind in person. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I agree. I couldn't get a good read on the configuration, but the space seemed narrow. And why choose a place that doesn't have a dance floor?

Maybe the country club was the only place willing to work with TLC and its requirements.

• Love 6

To this day she has never admitted how big a part she played in this thing

And she never will because she totally believes herself to be innocent.  Which is why dragging it back out for the umpteenth time will not garner anything new.  Rehash, rerun, lie, recycle.  Nothing new to see here, folks, just move on.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

And why choose a place that doesn't have a dance floor?

With the Browns' idea of dancing . . . . does it matter?

4 minutes ago, RoxieRambles said:

Talk about disturbing....yikes

Screenshot_20180214-114050.jpg

Lift with your legs, guys.  Lift with your legs. 

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, RoxieRambles said:

Talk about disturbing....yikes

Screenshot_20180214-114050.jpg

The guy at the critical mass is crying out in pain. He is also the smallest guy there. That's just not right.  All the bros-men managed to wear nice slacks, why couldn't FT?

"Fat-bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go 'round....."

• Love 7