Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/29/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

I laughed out loud when they showed Jimmy Kimmel's response to Sippy Cupp. Like I said, Monica Lewinsky has been interviewed several times, wrote was interviewd for a book and seems to want to move on. If she wants to go on The View, she'll let her agents know.

Meg does seem get very defensive about her BFFs like Sippy and the woman who accused Al Franken.

Edited by ABitOFluff
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

I laughed out loud when they showed Jimmy Kimmel's response to Sippy Cupp. Like I said, Monica Lewinsky has been interviewed several times, wrote was interviewd for a book and seems to want to move on. If she wants to go on The View, she'll let her agents know.

Meg does seem get very defensive about her BFFs like Sippy and the woman who accused Al Franken.

And she has to repeat, how besties they are.  So are you a "conservative commentator", Elsa?  Or a BFF?

Whoopi, Whoopi, Whoopi.  Your ire against Sunny makes me really wonder what is behind all that.  You are fine with YNB.  You are fine with Elsa.  IIRC, you were pretty much fine with Bitsy.  What is that grates you so much that you have to cut her down any time you think she has stepped on your line (seriously? if you are a comedian and a professional, you don't call people out for that, you roll with it.  She does it to Sunny and Joy, and Joy is just used to it, and laughing all the way to the bank.)  I just don't get how Whoopi can be so rude to Sunny and no one else.

But, Sunny has figured out how to manage it.  As a viewer, I didn't hear Sunny's phone go off, so the TV audience wouldn't have heard it, but prima dona Whoopi was thrown off!  Seriously?  And Whoopi made a thing about it and then Sunny basically said, my bad, I apologize.  Argh.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Unless Stormy's willing to confirm the details in the In Touch interview and the hush money payment, she's pretty much the useful idiot. Kimmel already did the detective work, so The View's better off without her no matter how salacious. 

She's not going to say anything  Why bother with her?  She's made the rounds & had her 15 minutes, Byee.

• Love 6

Commenting on Tuesday's show, which was very good.  Nice interview with Rose McGowan but she just looks so wounded still, which absolutely makes sense - no judgment here, that it made me feel sad.  I hope she's able to get through all this media hoopla and find her joy in life again.  And Whoopi, who gets on my nerves many times with her word salads and endless "welcome to the views", cracked me up when she told them not to play her off with music because "this isn't the Oscars".  You could tell she was a little annoyed but she was having fun with it too, based on the way she looked into the camera.  That's the Whoopi I like! 

• Love 8

Wow, they brought up the tax reform bill, color me shocked. Meghan's twisted face after Joy made her point - color me not shocked. "I disagree with everything you just said Joy." Meghan's full of surprises today!

She's being pretty nasty, with her facial expressions and comments. Even during the intro when they all walked out, the camera panned towards her and she looked pissed.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

Wow, they brought up the tax reform bill, color me shocked. Meghan's twisted face after Joy made her point - color me not shocked. "I disagree with everything you just said Joy." Meghan's full of surprises today!

She's being pretty nasty, with her facial expressions and comments. Even during the intro when they all walked out, the camera panned towards her and she looked pissed.

Her contempt for the audience needs to stop.  She had the nerve to reprimand them for clapping in agreement with Joy's statements.  She is just awful..

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Her contempt for the audience needs to stop.  She had the nerve to reprimand them for clapping in agreement with Joy's statements.  She is just awful..

"I don't know why the audience is clapping."

"This is a liberal audience" (or something to that effect).

So because they're clapping during certain comments means she knows their political beliefs? So childish.

• Love 18
27 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is always saying people need to understand why Trump supporters feel the way they do.  OK then Meghan needs to understand why the audience agreed with Joy.

Just now the audience clapped when she said that what Kathy Griffin did reminded her of ISIS and that she could never forgive her. Does that mean the audience went from "liberal" to "conservative," using her logic?

My point is, I don't understand why she's treating the audience this way just because they clap at comments she doesn't agree with. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 8

Somebody PLEASE tweet to Kathy Griffin to get in touch with her publicist for her to get on THE VIEW.  Meghan McCain has some WORDS for her

I'd rather hear the words Kathy Griffin has for Meghan.

• Love 17

I didn't like what Kathy Griffin did with that picture. I also didn't like that she openly stated, "You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, but my edge is that I'll go direct for Barron,"

Yep, saying you are going to go after at the time, I believe a ten year old, people that is bullying. It is never okay for an adult to say that are going to go after a child.

And that picture happened what? only 8 months ago. A lot of celebrities have been blackballed for much longer periods of time, than that.

And she really isn't blackballed. She was touring all of 2017!

Just because you don't like Trump, which believe me I don't, doesn't mean she gets a free pass for her "edge." Sorry!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, jalady said:

And Whoopi, who gets on my nerves many times with her word salads and endless "welcome to the views", cracked me up when she told them not to play her off with music because "this isn't the Oscars".  You could tell she was a little annoyed but she was having fun with it too, based on the way she looked into the camera.  That's the Whoopi I like! 

Yeah - it seems that they keep introducing a topic, then give a tiny bit of time to the topic or guest, never enough to really make a dent, then a commercial break.  then when they come back, they're selling products! 

• Love 7

You are all hilarious! Meghan DID look pissed as she came out. I loved her hair and glasses. She looked so cute today! And I think, for the very first time, she actually got into the spirit of things - with her one tiny moment - when Joy asked if MM agreed with her - and MM sassily replied, "I disagreed with everything Joy just said." (My paraphrasing). It was a little bit snark, with humour underlining it. I thought it was hysterical. 

And then things went back to normal - LOL!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

As someone whose picture will someday be in the dictionary next to "resting bitch face," I can forgive her pissy puss when she walks out. It's how she looks when she's actually interacting with her co-hosts and worse -- her guests. Her embarrassing behavior toward Durbin finished her for me.

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

She's doing herself no favors with that touchy attitude, either. 

45 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Somebody PLEASE tweet to Kathy Griffin to get in touch with her publicist for her to get on THE VIEW.  Meghan McCain has some WORDS for her.  

8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm with Sunny that in a world of Trump where passes are given regularly, why should Kathy Griffin's career be the exception--and for a bad joke? Excuse me while a I realign my rolling eyes over Meghan's bullshit about how she thought someone had actually been beheaded. Cue clutching of pearls. Nobody buys that load, liar. I'm sure you wouldn't have been buying tickets to her show anyway, so big whoop at you boycotting her.

I'm sure Kathy is shaking in her boots over Princess McCain's threats. That's right, Meghan, you don't control this show and I hope Griffin does appear just to rub salt in your eternally pissed off face.

I think Griffin, whose latter career has largely involved snarking on celebrities, really screwed the pooch with her Trump-beheading photos. She dabbled in transgressive art without first contemplating what responses powerful transgressional works elicit -- and when they're done thoughtfully (that is "with great thought" not "oh, thank you, that was so thoughtful of you") they are supposed to elicit powerful responses. She wanted to do the "crime" without doing the "time." (Note: she didn't literally commit a crime, but she isn't literally serving time, either.) 

I can respect transgressive art (and even some shock art but less so), but not dilettantes who want to piss off people, only to cry, "Poor, pitiful me," after succeeding. I don't see what The View would have to gain from booking Griffin. This was not a 20 year old or even a 30 year old who doesn't get how the world works and how PR (good and bad) work. She's pushing 60 years old. Contrary to what Whoopi said, I think she did more than "step in it."  She dove headlong into the water, then complained about getting wet.

When the topic about Griffin was introduced on the show, it was because there's a big piece about her in The Hollywood Reporter. Interestingly enough, she quotes Rosie O'Donnell's discussion with her, about the decapitation photos: "But it was ultimately a pointed question from Griffin's longtime friend Rosie O'Donnell that convinced her the stunt was a mistake. 'What if Daniel Pearl's parents saw this?' O'Donnell asked her, referring to the Wall Street Journal reporter who'd been publicly decapitated by Pakistani terrorists in 2001."

I get Sunny's point about wondering why Griffin can't be forgiven for her misdeeds when Trump is forgiven for everything, but that is immaterial to venues deciding on which artists to book. She made herself no longer worth the trouble for a lot of US venues, at least for now. 

I can't stand Meghan and also rolled my eyes when she fibbed that she thought someone was beheaded. She did make an important point, though.  She said what Griffin did reminded her of Isis. It was designed to do so, then Griffin tried to backtrack. She then backtracked on her backtracking. I can't see why The View should be dragged into her image rehab. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, General Days said:

I think Griffin, whose latter career has largely involved snarking on celebrities, really screwed the pooch with her Trump-beheading photos. She dabbled in transgressive art without first contemplating what responses powerful transgressional works elicit -- and when they're done thoughtfully (that is "with great thought" not "oh, thank you, that was so thoughtful of you") they are supposed to elicit powerful responses. She wanted to do the "crime" without doing the "time." (Note: she didn't literally commit a crime, but she isn't literally serving time, either.)

In my opinion, she's already served more "time" than she deserved in the first place. Speaking as an actual fan of hers--unlike a complete fake like Meghan McCain--I can't say I cared at all, and I hope she does rise back up regardless of McCain twisting her panties over it.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I would LIVE for Kathy to be on the View with MM.  If she tweets about this, let me know kids, I don't tweet cause I'm an old twit.

Megan does not possess, either the intellect or the wit, to take on Kathy Griffin.. Kathy would make mince meat out of her, with the studio audience cheering her on. I would pay to see that..

• Love 21
33 minutes ago, General Days said:

I can't stand Meghan and also rolled my eyes when she fibbed that she thought someone was beheaded. She did make an important point, though.  She said what Griffin did reminded her of Isis. It was designed to do so, then Griffin tried to backtrack

So is Meghan upset with what Kathy did or upset at who she did it to?  I despise Trump but when I saw the skit or whatever you want to call it I thought this isn't going to go over well.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think the talk of Griffin getting black-balled caused Whoopi to have a flashback & a bit snotty.

I thought it was because Joy mentioned Mel Gibson.  Isn't WG his friend.  She had no reaction when MM said she wouldn't watch anything with KG. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

So is Meghan upset with what Kathy did or upset at who she did it to?  I despise Trump but when I saw the skit or whatever you want to call it I thought this isn't going to go over well.

Kathy Griffin should not have done it at all.   It was distasteful and offensive.  However, I don't think that she should be stone in the Public square.. The way that Megan was talking, you would think that she had murdered somebody.  Get a grip, Megan..

I was so happy that Joy referenced Muhammad Ali with Laila by talking about Colin Kaepernick's constitutional right to protest peacefully and paying a price for it, just like her dad did, years ago.   I was waiting for Megan to say that  Laila's dad, was anti Military and America. She knew to keep her mouth shut..

• Love 19
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I think it went over the line.  I've never been a big fan of hers tho.  I hope they don't have her on with her crying towel.

• Love 2

Elsa was super bitchy today!  In every segment.  But the worst was when they were discussing why Trump's approval numbers are increasing.  And then Elsa went down the path of it's the Democrats fault.  And then she berated the audience for applauding that 40 Repubs are  not running again.  Such a bitch.  She is getting more strident and unlikable by the day.

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I follow her on Twitter.  Yes it was a tasteless photo.  Much of her comedy is tasteless, but I mostly enjoy her anyway.  She was fired from her US work.  All of it.   Her tour was overseas, not in this country, of which she is a bona fide citizen.  Plus, she is stopped by Interpol at every airport she goes through for extra checking, just because 45 can, not because she is a national threat.  45 still calls out Rosie in despicable ways.  Now he has someone else to bully.  Where is the FLOTUS and her stance against cyberbullying.  If you watch any of the late night talk shows, they are consistent in their demeaning of 45, making him look and sound stupid at every turn.  Why isn't he going after them?  I enjoyed Kathy on The View when Bitsy sprawled herself and tried to look bored to send a message, I guess.

Well I do believe she should have been fired from CNN. I think they are a reputable news organization, and couldn't continue to employ someone who posted a picture like that. CNN is above that kind of nonsense.

I would hope that ANY person celebrity or not, who posts a picture of themselves holding a bloody decapitated head of a sitting president, is looked at by Interpol. Just because you are a celebrity doesn't mean that it is any less threatening, than if anyone else did that. For the safety of any president republican or democrat in the office, if a person shares a picture holding the presidents head like some trophy, then I hope that person is looked at.

Could you imagine if a person posted a picture like that, than months later, actually killed the president? People would be outraged, asking why wasn't this person looked at and investigated before? Now I am not saying that Kathy Griffin would do that, BUT when you post that kind of picture you do open yourself up to be investigated for that.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And she later retracted her apology, which didn't help. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Just now the audience clapped when she said that what Kathy Griffin did reminded her of ISIS and that she could never forgive her. Does that mean the audience went from "liberal" to "conservative," using her logic?

My point is, I don't understand why she's treating the audience this way just because they clap at comments she doesn't agree with. 

Not to mention somebody in the audience shouting out in glee when they mentioned Trump's approval ratings going up

• Love 2

Whoopi was really showing her impatience with MM today, when MM insisted that the democrats need to have a one-line "slogan" or catchphrase, in order to explain what they're about.    

I also noticed that MM signaled to Whoopi that she was still making her point, whoopi was apologetic, let MM continue.  It's not the first time whoopi has said "are you done?" to MM.  And not 2 minutes later, Sunny says something about 40 republicans resigning, the audience clapped, and MM has to INTERRUPT SUNNY to scold the audience.  ANd then MM just keeps talking.  SUnny never go to finish her point, which ended with "so my question is....." 

ETA:  and then MM did it again, cut sunny off to say "with all due respect, we're in power right now."  Yeah.   WE - Meghan feels SHE is "in power"  and can interrupt whenever she wants. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 21

Meghan asks what is the democrats "slogan", that sums up what he's all about?  she doesn't understand  what the party stands for, except for impeaching trump, it needs a catchphrase like MAGA. 

Whoopi says No, that's not going to happen, it's more than that. Explains why

Meghan then backtracks to say that a party shouldn't have to reduce their policies to a "tagline".  But, unfortunately, that's the era we live in.  

WTF! nobody asked for a slogan, tagline, whatever, EXCEPT Meghan.  

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan asks what is the democrats "slogan", that sums up what he's all about?  she doesn't understand  what the party stands for, except for impeaching trump, it needs a catchphrase like MAGA. 

Whoopi says No, that's not going to happen, it's more than that. Explains why

Meghan then backtracks to say that a party shouldn't have to reduce their policies to a "tagline".  But, unfortunately, that's the era we live in.  

WTF! nobody asked for a slogan, tagline, whatever, EXCEPT Meghan.  

And labels exhaust her.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, backformore said:

MEGHAN MCCAIN -  you did not find out about oral sex FROM Bill Clinton.  It was the people coming after him, insisting on a trial to determine if he did or did not - that was what was on tv and radio.  

Grownups have sex.  Married grownups are not supposed to have sex with people other than their spouse, but it happens (ask your dad, Meghan!)  Bill Clinton did not get on the media and talk about oral sex.  

Yes, there was a hearing.  what he did wrong was lie about sex.  Do not equate this with Trump calling other countries "shitholes".   The offense was not the word "shithole".  the offense was when he used that term to describe countries where people are not white.  The false equivalency  - trump uses inappropriate language, but Bill Clinton got a blowjob!  Drives me crazy.  

I wish I could give you 1,000 likes. 

I twisted my ankle this morning walking my dog, so I don't feel like wasting my energy on "tagline and "labels" McCain.  So, thank you all, for saying what I'm thinking.  

• Love 11

Again Sunny referenced her son and didn't mention her daughter:

"When President said what he said about Haiti, I had to have a conversation with my kid about it because I was afraid classmates would be mean to him."

What about her daughter?

I know Sunny's family is none of my business, I am just so curious...

7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have noticed that she spends almost the whole show looking out into the audience.  It's a talk show and the audience has every right to agree or disagree.

2 hours ago, backformore said:

Whoopi was really showing her impatience with MM today, when MM insisted that the democrats need to have a one-line "slogan" or catchphrase, in order to explain what they're about.  

Because, at the moment, that is all the Trumpsters can understand - one line.

• Love 10

Whoopi was annoying me during the fame discussion. Yvette was making a lot of great points as someone in the public eye, but Whoopi had to disagree because she's a star and has her stuff together. Fame does have a lot of baggage and just because you don't experience it doesn't mean it's the same for others.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I have noticed that she spends almost the whole show looking out into the audience.  It's a talk show and the audience has every right to agree or disagree.

I notice MM frequently looking for the camera.   She has very poor skills for being on camera, and not a newbie at it. 

• Love 11

Joy: “Ahhhh, so Joy Behar likes a bahghan!”

Me: ????????

That was the single most funniest thing on the show today-Joy talking about being recognized at Costco, sans make-up.

Meghan infuriates me and I can’t nor do I have the energy to list her contradicting herself to make herself look good and reasonable. Or maybe she doesn’t want Whoopi to not like her.

And for someone who claims she’s “gangsta” and a “tough chick,” she’s really proving herself to be a ❄️ when it comes to sex.

I don’t know where they got the idea that it’s just moderate Republicans who are not running/are retiring. Every single one that I’ve read that is doing so, has voted and supported 45. And unlike Sunny, I don’t care why they’re leaving.

Such a joy to see Laila, and I ??? when the camera didn’t show whether she hugged Meghan or not.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9