Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/29/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

What was Whoopi's point she was making with the father who tried to attack the pedophile who molested his daughters? I couldn't follow what she was trying to say? Could someone explain.

She was so dumb and didn't even know how to support the point she was supposed to make. I think her blue card instructed her to provide commentary supporting the judge's decision. Incapable of intelligent on-topic conversation, Whoopi resorts to revisiting dialogue that has already taken place on The View at length, which is about how great the judge is for allowing the victims to address Nasser. That was not the point today, Whoopi!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't know if she defends Trump so much as she defends "her team".  I think a lot of what she says on the View is to play to the Republican base.   I think she wants to run for her dad's Senate seat when he is no longer here. 

Yes she does that.  And to me not speaking out to the horror that is Trump is supporting him.  When Ana flips out on Trump MM says nothing to support he and one time she even questioned her position on DACA! Ana told her what was what right back at her!  I loved that moment.  

I bet you are right that she wants to run for something.  Good luck with that one Meghan

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

She wanted to label the shooter as a crazy Dem.  Credit to Paul for not letting her get that far.

I don’t really like Rand but I also applaud him for not taking the bait.

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie gets really annoyed when anybody attacks Hollywood and weed.. Hands off! lol

She also hates when the conversation gets religious.

5 hours ago, Wings said:

Oh please go watch Steven Colbert's show last night online.  Staying with my shallow theme today, her hair was fabulous.  

I second this. She thinks Joy is a lovely person. So obvious on The View, right?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

I like Rachel Ray. I don't like constant promos for her Super Bowl food. Why not just have one segment?

Did anyone notice MM never even touched her food?   She must be terribly self conscious  to  have people watch her eat.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

Did anyone notice MM never even touched her food?   She must be terribly self conscious  to  have people watch her eat.

I can't blame her.  If I were on a talk show and the food was hot dogs with sauerkraut and cheesesteak sandwiches, I would not chance taking a bite and then being unable to talk.  I was always taught that it's impolite to eat in front of others who are not eating.  It would seem weird to be in the audience, watching five women sitting at a table full of food.   At least on The Chew, the topics are ALL about food, and they engage the audience with games, and sitting at the "tasting table."  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, backformore said:

I can't blame her.  If I were on a talk show and the food was hot dogs with sauerkraut and cheesesteak sandwiches, I would not chance taking a bite and then being unable to talk.  I was always taught that it's impolite to eat in front of others who are not eating.  It would seem weird to be in the audience, watching five women sitting at a table full of food.   At least on The Chew, the topics are ALL about food, and they engage the audience with games, and sitting at the "tasting table."  

I agree. I’d feel so awkward eating in front of all those people in the audience, let alone live television. 

I wonder if, during the commercial break or after the show ends, they offer anyone in the audience some food? Maybe they don’t for health/safety-related reasons but during the food segments there’s always so much of it. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 1

And she's sensitive about her weight, with good reason (good reason being that she is trolled about it, not that I think her weight is problematic). I wouldn't give anyone a chance to take a screen shot of me eating, either.

I think, although I am not a Meghan fan, that she is an attractive woman, and the fact that she doesn't seem comfortable in her own skin makes me sad. She's always being trolled for being "obese." I think she looks fine, and wish she were more comfortable, either by losing weight or becoming accustomed to her current size.

(When my mother was sick, and after her death, I gained 70 lbs., which is starting to come off a year later, but it's difficult. I don't ever shame anyone for stress eating. Losing a parent is really horrible.)

• Love 9

I'd take Meghan's refusal to eat on camera over Whoopi's disgusting eating habits any day. Her manners are atrocious and I feel it shows her lack of respect for the audience as well as her fellow cohosts. Same for her not adequately preparing for the show. 

• Love 12

A lot of women don't like to eat in front of people because we are made to feel so self-conscious about our bodies and weight.  I don't know how many dates I went on where I hardly touched my meal and took a doggie bag home (for lunch tomorrow).  Most of the time I was starving.  The minute I was home alone I would get out of my dress clothes and into my eating clothes.  I would then go to the fridge and tip it towards me and chow down.  Come on ladies we have all been there.  So I have to give MM a break about not wanting to eat on air.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 5
On 03/02/2018 at 12:28 PM, ChicagoCita said:

And she's sensitive about her weight, with good reason (good reason being that she is trolled about it, not that I think her weight is problematic). I wouldn't give anyone a chance to take a screen shot of me eating, either.

I think, although I am not a Meghan fan, that she is an attractive woman, and the fact that she doesn't seem comfortable in her own skin makes me sad. She's always being trolled for being "obese." I think she looks fine, and wish she were more comfortable, either by losing weight or becoming accustomed to her current size.

She's certainly not obese.  I think she could dress in more flattering outfits, though - & I'm not talking about tent-like, just ones that fit properly.  

I really don't need to see anyone chowing down on-air.  Take a little bite, if you must, then stop.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I remember Meghan saying something about how her father hates Rand Paul on the Howard stern Show a few years ago. That might be why she was so quiet.

Years ago I hated Rand Paul too..........................................boy how times have changed.

• Love 2
On 2/4/2018 at 10:43 AM, movingtargetgal said:

A lot of women don't like to eat in front of people because we are made to feel so self-conscious about our bodies and weight.  I don't know how many dates I went on where I hardly touched my meal and took a doggie bag home (for lunch tomorrow). 

I got over this when I was a teenager.  I didn't want boys to watch how I bit into and chewed food--mostly hamburgers at Bob's Big Boy (what if I was a horror?).  Most of the time I'd ask to sit next to them; they probably thought I was making a move.  HaHA!    (I'm back!  My computer was "ruined" by an online-remote repair and took over a week to fix in a "real" shop.  There was a lot of stuff that couldn't be recovered.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I didn't want boys to watch how I bit into and chewed food--mostly hamburgers at Bob's Big Boy (what if I was a horror?). 

OMG!  A lifetime ago I wrote a column for my high school newspaper about dating.  My first column was how to survive a first date and I commented, from experience, that one should never order a Slim Jim from Big Boy for it leaks all over the place and can't be eaten delicately.

4 hours ago, jumper sage said:

OMG!  A lifetime ago I wrote a column for my high school newspaper about dating.  My first column was how to survive a first date and I commented, from experience, that one should never order a Slim Jim from Big Boy for it leaks all over the place and can't be eaten delicately.

Slim Jim’s were my favorite sandwich there.  A friend and I were wishing Big Boy would bring them back just last week!  And the Brawny Lad.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Wings said:

Slim Jim’s were my favorite sandwich there.  A friend and I were wishing Big Boy would bring them back just last week!  And the Brawny Lad.

OMG you scared me...............................then looked at their menu.  Maybe Bob's Big Boy is different then just Big Boy.

6 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

OMG you scared me...............................then looked at their menu.  Maybe Bob's Big Boy is different then just Big Boy.

Elias Brothers Big Boy was the original and then Bob's came along.  I haven't even seen either in years. 

So I gather you are not into horror movies.  ;^)

• Love 1