Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/29/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Miss my Joy!!

Loved Meghan's glasses...look at me being nice.

Whoopi makes my head hurt when she talk in circles, but actually never says anything. Just words, words, chuckle chuckle, and ends with and that's what it is. .....huh? What?? You said nothing woman.

I'm shocked MM want to interview Monica Lewinsky, except I'm not. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 21

I don't think Meghan looked angry. She knew Sarah was wrong.

I feel so relaxed without Joy, she's so nasty and uptight, ugh!

They don't know if Stormy will show up? Why would book such a person, that's all types of wrong  The View!

• Love 1

I ???? when Kimmel checked SIPPY CUPP! 

I’m not a fan of Lewinsky, but even I ?? at Meghan saying that she needs to go on the interview circuits again. Because why? Why would she want to revisit that again? And I’m sorry, but she was a big girl and she wasn’t raped. She loved that relationship and even appeared on SNL playing herself. 

Whoopi made no sense. Was she trying to give shade to Kimmel for him making Sippy out to be ignorant and clueless? That she didn’t know Lewinsky was interviewed back then? Shut UP, WHOOPI. Kimmel didn’t say that Cupp was a permanent host or that she didn’t have a right to her opinion.

So it seems Stormy won’t be on tomorrow. GOOD! I can’t stand how coy she’s acting or milking her newfound fame in the mainstream media. I would much prefer to see and hear from Laila Ali, who will be on instead!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 15

I love Jimmy Kimmel for laying in to Sippy Cupp for that ludicrous comment she made about Monica Lewinsky! And I’m glad both Yvette and Sunny doused Meghan’s spin about the State of the Union.

Yvette was a bit frantic today unlike the last two times she guested. Maybe Joy was a calming presence and without her there she was more nervous? I did like her story about re-posting a man's comment where he used a racial slur though. That's absolutely disgusting.

• Love 13

General Days, you are on a role today. Your whole post is hilarious. I salute you!

Peacocks are incredibly loud and annoying. I cannot imagine sharing a plane with one. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10

I really liked Katie Lowes. I don't know her as an actress, I don't watch scandal. Maybe because she looks and has the high energy of my son's fiancé.  And I adore my future daughter in law. So I really liked her.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I really liked Katie Lowes. I don't know her as an actress, I don't watch scandal. Maybe because she looks and has the high energy of my son's fiancé.  And I adore my future daughter in law. So I really liked her.

She plays her part well. I'm sorry Scandal is ending, but it's time. I hope we see Katie on other shows.

22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

General Days, you are on a role today. Your whole post is hilarious. I salute you!

Peacocks are incredibly loud and annoying. I cannot imagine sharing a plane with one. 

They also poop non stop! 

• Love 1

I liked Sunny bringing the discussion about Joe Kennedy, away from the chapstick issue and on to the actual SPEECH.  I thought he was brilliant, passionate, and informed.  and Meghan couldn't say anything but rattle off a list of democrats, and then bring it back to saying he was wearing lip gloss.

I hate that such a great speech is being reduced to a "haha!  there's moisture on his lips!" 

they said something about Michelle Bachman, but three people were talking at once, so I have no clue what was said. 

• Love 17
47 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan was so angry and uptight because her friend was called out by Jimmy Kimmel, grow up Megan.. Better yet, go away!

When isn't Meghan so angry and uptight?

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, backformore said:

I liked Sunny bringing the discussion about Joe Kennedy, away from the chapstick issue and on to the actual SPEECH.  I thought he was brilliant, passionate, and informed.  and Meghan couldn't say anything but rattle off a list of democrats, and then bring it back to saying he was wearing lip gloss.

I hate that such a great speech is being reduced to a "haha!  there's moisture on his lips!" 

they said something about Michelle Bachman, but three people were talking at once, so I have no clue what was said. 

I never heard Bachman menstioned

8 minutes ago, General Days said:

They showed Rubio reaching for the water bottle, and they showed Bachman looking at the wrong camera. I think it was Meghan (and maybe Whoopi echoed her) that said she was looking at the wrong camera the whole time. She sure was in the clip they showed today on The View, and it did nothing to help her crazy-eyed appearance (Bachman, that is). 

Thank you! I saw Rubio..I'm no fan of Bachman, but I honestly missed that part..merci,  General days. :)

27 minutes ago, General Days said:

31 minutes ago, OnTime said:

When isn't Meghan so angry and uptight?

From what she's said on the show, I'm gonna go with: "What is when she's had too much tequila?" for $1000, Alex. 

That is excellent!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Michelle Bachman, with her evil eyes and permanent smile, looked at the wrong camera during her speech. It was pretty funny, because probably no one listened to what she was saying.

I WILL SAY, Meghan McCain has just so many besties who she loves, loves, loves! I cannot stand S.E. Cupp, who is strident and shouty with a smugness that's over the top. I'm glad Jimmy Kimmel gave her some comeuppance. As such a serious "political commentator," which she points out on a daily basis, Meghan probably should have kept quiet about being conflicted because of her loving friendship with Cupp.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 18

I don’t understand why Meghan needs to feel defensive of SE Cupp when she was wrong.  Friends can be wrong - don’t take it so personally.  And Monica Lewinsky has been talking a lot these days about her initiatives to end cyber bullying.  It’s interesting that some of these conservative hosts want to hear Monica talk so badly when she had a whole Ted Talk about how she wants her name to be known now as more than her affair with Clinton.  She has talked, but she’s ready to be thought of as more than that moment in her life. Now she’s talking about what she is working on now — not 20 years ago.  I wish one of the cohosts from The View could bring up this point every time these so called defenders of Monica Lewinsky want to have her talk again. 

Joy was right she’s been interviewed many times.  I would have loved to see her reaction to Kimmel’s clip today.  

• Love 17

Grow a pair, Sunny!   All kinds of people love all kinds of animals, rodents included.   Boo hoo, a ferret "looked" at you.  Your family loves all of their pets; I'm sure you wouldn't like it if people griped about any possible faults (real or imagined) of your various animals.  I'm sure you're in First Class; just ask to be moved to a different seat.   Why am I in such a snit?  I've never had a ferret so I don't know why I feel the need to defend a particular traveler.  Maybe it was Sunny's "demeanor."  I swear, I think she's taking acting classes and trying them out on "The View," especially on "View of the Day."   And...I don't dislike her.

P.S.  As a kid and adult, I've had pets (or my kids did):  Dogs, cats, white rats, gerbils, parakeets, snakes, lizards, ants (in a "farm"), horses, a pony, a pygmy goat, my current 100+lb Sulcata tortoise, fish-fish-fish,.  I've "birthed babies" for many of them, participated (unwillingly) in a C-section and spaying on a Great Dane.  Ah...that's why I'm in a snit.  I grew a pair seven decades ago!

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

She has talked, but she’s ready to be thought of as more than that moment in her life. Now she’s talking about what she is working on now — not 20 years ago. 

Would Ms. McCain enjoy S. E. Cupp's bringing up something "bad" about Mrs. McCain from 20+ years ago so we can rehash-hash-hash that again?  That's her "bestie" and she seems to defend her every word.

Edited by Former Nun
Misspelled S.E.'s surname.
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

As a kid and adult, I've had pets (or my kids did):  Dogs, cats, white rats, gerbils, parakeets, snakes, lizards, ants (in a "farm"), horses, a pony, a pygmy goat, my current 100+lb Sulcata tortoise, fish-fish-fish,.  I've "birthed babies" for many of them, participated (unwillingly) in a C-section and spaying on a Great Dane.  Ah...that's why I'm in a snit.  I grew a pair seven decades ago!

But would you take them on a plane?  ?

• Love 4

Peacocks are gorgeous birds-especially the males. BUT. They’re loud and like to primp and are NOT people friendly. Nor do they obey commands. So, no, I’m not bothered that lady got kicked off the plane.

And I’m with Sunny regarding being offended. 

Meghan was acting as if 37 years old was like 23. Yes Kennedy is young, but he’s seasoned-he’s not a junior Congressman, but serving his third term. He reminds me of his grandfather.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, General Days said:

Did they really bleep Yvette saying the term, "the 'N' word"? NOTE: I don't think she said the word itself. I think she verbatim said, "the 'N' word" and that's what they bleeped out. 

I am all for support animals, but if someone brought on an emotional support peacock on a plane, I would need to bring on an emotional support shotgun, I'm thinking a Remington 870. 

Heeeee thats funny. And also a bit ridiculous.  (Peacock)(which brings me to another, non-related thought:  did people say "dont peacock block me bro!  To get around sensors. HAH!)

I was wondering that myself.  Thats a bit ridiculous.  You are good at reading lips!

Edited by Tammee
Fixed in editing
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan was acting as if 37 years old was like 23. Yes Kennedy is young, but he’s seasoned-he’s not a junior Congressman, but serving his third term. He reminds me of his grandfather.

Meghan is 33.  Maybe she thinks all people in her age range are immature whiny brats.

• Love 18

I loved seeing Ana Navarro on the show and YNB! Such smart, insightful women. 

Rose McGowan's interview was so hard to watch and listen to. She is so raw. I'm grateful Meghan wasn't there. This woman needed to be heard.

Yay, Jimmy Kimmel. Sippy Cupp needs to hear the truth sometimes and not just from her panel of acolytes! Suck it up, Meghan - your BFF lies and conflates facts. I remember that, early in her career, her mentor was Glenn Beck. Just let *that* sink in.

• Love 23

While I agreed with Yvette for calling out the hateful man that sent her that tweet, I do think it was wrong, to send out a screenshot of his family members. I am a firm believer that a person is not responsible for another family member's actions. I understand she said she did it, cause she wanted them to know they have a hateful person in their family tweeting this, but if you look, a lot of those family members started getting hateful tweets as well then, people lumping them in with the original poster. I didn't agree with lumping the family members in, cause in social media, once you pull someone in, they are going to get hate.

As for Stormy claiming she isn't coming on the View because of the opinion of one of the guest co-hosts, I call BS on that one. Kimmel made some serious accusations against her lawyer, implying that maybe her signature was forged on that release, and she played coy, and really egged that on. No way in hell after that, would any advisor or lawyer of hers, allow her on another television show. I mean that is a really serious allegation to make against an attorney, and the fact that she neither confirmed or denied him forging her signature during that interview, was really opening her up for more legal action against her.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Sweedish Fish said:

Hi all!  Long time lurker.

No, Whoopi, African Grey parrots are not as large as you demonstrated - and they most likely would listen and answer you.   heh.

I've had one.   Wouldn't bring him on a plane though.

How about a lobster, good lord, when they showed that, all I could think was garlic butter..:)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

How about a lobster, good lord, when they showed that, all I could think was garlic butter..:)

Really!  How comforting can a lobster be?  (Except when accompanied by garlic butter.). Lol!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

As for Stormy claiming she isn't coming on the View because of the opinion of one of the guest co-hosts, I call BS on that one.

This is probably just a way for her to get even more publicity.  

And if S.E. Cupp's remarks are the reason for her not appearing I wonder if ABC will have S.E. back on ever again.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Really!  How comforting can a lobster be?  (Except when accompanied by garlic butter.). Lol!

There has to be a lobster........clause. LOL

7 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Not a MM fan, but I must say (on a superficial note) that she looked so much prettier and more natural today than any other day since she started hosting this show.

I just want her glasses..

• Love 4
4 hours ago, General Days said:

I have very mixed feelings on Melania, and most of them boil down to the fact that I detest him so much that if you give me a match up with him and someone he's on the outs with, I'm suddenly rooting for that person. I just keep wondering why she stays. I realize there's a prenup that must favor him, but I'm thinking even if she left him, she'd be more financially secure than most of us will ever be. 

On Monday when they were discussing Melania's solo trip to Mar-a-Lago, my thought was that she was heading there to pick up her jewelry.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan was acting as if 37 years old was like 23. Yes Kennedy is young, but he’s seasoned-he’s not a junior Congressman, but serving his third term.

Kennedy, at 37, is old enough and eligible to run for the presidency.  Put in that context, 37 doesn't seem all that "young" after all.

28 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Not a MM fan, but I must say (on a superficial note) that she looked so much prettier and more natural today than any other day since she started hosting this show.

Yes, that's definitely a great style for MM.  I was struck by how attractive she looked, especially with the glasses.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is 33.  Maybe she thinks all people in her age range are immature whiny brats.

I’m in the same age group as Meghan and I can assure you, we are not all annoying like her. ?

17 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Kennedy, at 37, is old enough and eligible to run for the presidency.  Put in that context, 37 doesn't seem all that "young" after all.

And he has so much potential. I wish people would ignore the lip gloss/chapstick/whatever issue and listen to what he was actually saying. It’s so weird looking at him (not in a bad way)... all I can see is his lineage. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And sorry, I have no sympathy for Melania, because she wasn’t some innocent, naive ingenue when she met her husband and married him.  Yeah, I’m a mean, cold vindictive wench. 

I must be a mean, cold and vindictive wench as well because I cannot find it inside myself to feel sorry for the woman, either.

Edited by lexytheblasian
Grammatical Error
  • Love 10

Whoopi was really off today. She must've driven the behind the scenes folks crazy. She was really fumbling trying to introduce a topic and direct the conversation. God forbid they throw in breaking news. Sometimes Joy will break in and try to refocus things when Whoopi seems out of it.  Sunny tries to fill that role when Joy's absent, but there's just too much personal animus (jealousy) there for Whoopi to allow her to be effective. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Sweedish Fish said:

Hi all!  Long time lurker.

No, Whoopi, African Grey parrots are not as large as you demonstrated - and they most likely would listen and answer you.   heh.

I've had one.   Wouldn't bring him on a plane though.

Everybody's got to start somewhere!!!  Welcome aboard!!  Your African Grey knowledge adds to the conversation.  Thanks!!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

As for Stormy claiming she isn't coming on the View because of the opinion of one of the guest co-hosts, I call BS on that one.

It wasn't Stormy claiming this. It was Whoopi, who said, it turns out she may not come on the show. And then there was some talk about her lawyer's statement. Her lawyers probably want her to keep her mouth shut. Frankly. I don't care why she isn't coming; I'm just glad she isn't.

• Love 8

Unless Stormy's willing to confirm the details in the In Touch interview and the hush money payment, she's pretty much the useful idiot. Kimmel already did the detective work, so The View's better off without her no matter how salacious. 

• Love 16