Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: It's Not About The Pasta

• Start Topic

i waited tables well into my 20s, its a tough life and there is no real future...every career bartender/cook/senior server has dreams of opening a restaurant.  some do, most don't.  its a hard existence past a certain age.  

Oh, most definitely--agreed on all points. And same here; serving was my night job, after school and a bookstore job during the day (and still I didn't finish college--I had no time, haha!).

Still, as much as it can suck for some, it's fine for others. It is perfectly legitimate employment, especially considering that not everyone has the same idea of what constitutes a "real future." Also, I'll add that there are some days in my legitimate real-future job that make waiting tables (or retail!) seem like a a nice break from reality.

That said, I don't think any of that applies to these people and their delusions of future stardom and grandeur. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I don't believe it is. I just figured that it was a code word they agreed on so as to discuss the bogarting of illicit substances without explicitly naming them.

I could be grasping at straws and/or giving these chucklefucks way too much credit.

As to which substance, my guess is either coke or adderall. Maybe Molly.

You guys are ruining it! It's so much funnier if it really was about pasta. 

Now I need a man to help me get my smile back. 

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I could even see good ol’ mom hooking up with Jax Taylor - she sure has gushed over him!

Hey, if she's got nice feet.....

• Love 4

Scheana's whole "lost my smile" lines were so effing stupid. I just see Rob spitting pickup lines to get her into bed saying i just want to make you smile. and when her friends are mean "dont let anyone steal that smile from you"

So effing POETIC *eyeroll*

• Love 2

Ugh, Scheana telling anyone who would listen (though it may have been only two people...but that was more than enough) that she "got [her] smile back" was weirdly creepy--a gnarly hybrid of uncomfortably childlike and wildly self-centered. It reminded me of people who try to force their own nicknames to happen. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Is pasta slang for a specific drug? Im getting confused as that bastion of truths, the internet.....has conflicting definitions.

I would like to know for the repeat so I can mentally use the non slang word.

It's not about the crack.  It's not about the heroin.  It's not about the meth.

Anyone? 

Blame it on fusilli, got you feelin’ silly

Blame it on the ‘roni, got you feelin’ phony

Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-angel hair

• Love 2

Brittany's Mom is Jax's top fan girl and would shove Brittany through broken glass to keep them together. 

If sleuthy Kristen had watched the Kentucky spinoff she would know that Brittany's Dad is much more likely to bring the smackdown on Jax.   In the preview it looked like her sister is in town too.  

I don't like to think about Logan and Raquel trading off on filling James's Voids.  

Cant wait for next week Schwartz saying Scheana is as fake as her nails.  She's such a sad bobblehead.   And if Rob is Amber Valletta's sibs she got all of the looks in the family.

The flashback of Scheana telling Lisa that life with Shay was AHMAYZING! accompanied by the chyron "10 months ago" was gold. 

• Love 2

James really can't handle his alcohol....and why was he going HAM in the middle of the damn day?  And the argument was comical. One claimed she had a bit of pasta while the other claimed she ate the entire bowl. But in the end, James outburst was uncalled for I wouldn't blame anyone for not sitting and listening to someone talk to them like that, let alone someone who calls themselves your friend. 

Brittany couldn't have explained it any clearer to Scheana that she's bitching about Katie doing something that Scheana was doing to Katie and of course that went right over her head. Katie repeated gossip about Rob the same way Scheana repeated gossip about Schwartz. Why does she expect others to respect her relationship when she's running around disrespecting other people's relationships? And she's making herself into the victim. Also, kudos to Brittany, she's a really good Switzerland. 

Lala looks pretty without makeup and Arianna looks much younger without makeup on. 

• Love 1

Hey, it's Alina from season 2!  The burlesque dancer who was there with Stassi and Katie for Guillermo's birthday.

I think Kelsey was just doing her job for the money, and people can take as much money from Jax as they want.  Looks like she was married, so Jax can fantasise all he wants, he's not getting any from her.  Freak.

Sheana saying that she's going to be so mad if she and Rob break up because of rumours started by the SUR girls - yeah right, relationships don't break up because of rumours from the outside - they break up because of the insecurities people have in their relationships.  And effing Sheana of all people saying that she doesn't want drama?!!  Bitch, please! Your fingernails are so gross. Lisa's not your friend, you dumb skank! She thinks you're soooo far beneath her, you will never be at her level.  She's just keeping you in the periphery to use you whenever she wants to.  Like a cult leader.  Nothing Lisa does costs her anything.

Lisa's being the usual smug-married person.  She must be loving all the relationshiT everyone goes through.  

Whenever anyone in this group loses weight, it's done deliberately to show just how thin they got, so there's no need to get concerned.  Sheana is doing it to get as much attention as possible and because she wants everyone to ask her if she's okay and then complain that she's so sick of everyone asking her if she's alright.  Even though that's what she wanted in the first place.  She has Cluster B personality disorder with histrionic and narcissistic tendencies.  Thoroughly exhausting person to be around.  They idealise the people they're dating and talk about how perfect they are and 'love-bomb' them with lots of attention and sex to try to get the person 'hooked'.  Clearly Rob isn't falling for it, but unfortunately, Shay did.

Shit-testing your wife isn't cool, Schwartz.  Why don't you just stick up for her instead?  I saw some of that in next week's preview.

Uh, Billie, please never EVER compare what you've been through with whatever shit Jax has put himself through.  That's an ultimate insult to yourself.  There's no comparison there.  Jax has never struggled with anything.  He's been given good things in his life without earning them.  That's absolutely not the case for you.  You have been through things his stupid brain could never comprehend.  Actually, you should go ahead and try to explain it to Jax, because I want to see his head explode.

Edited by SarahPrtr
typo
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, janie2002 said:

Scheana's whole "lost my smile" lines were so effing stupid. I just see Rob spitting pickup lines to get her into bed saying i just want to make you smile. and when her friends are mean "dont let anyone steal that smile from you"

So effing POETIC *eyeroll*

He and Patrick are both just so poetic and dreamy. ? ? 

14 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

OK, did we* miss something? Why is Scheana OK with Lala now?

*"We" because here is a word-for-word quote from my BF last night: "I'm going upstairs to watch [some superhero show]. Don't watch Vanderpump without me."

Scheana likes going places on private planes.

I loved that Arianna is making fun of the other girls saying "What else do they have to talk about?  Statement necklaces?" at the botox clinic and then the next time we see her she's talking to Brit about a necklace.  

Just so I have this straight -- James lives in some guy's living room and his habitat consists of a mattress on the floor and a dresser all shoved in the corner behind a screen.  And Raquel is moving in with him and acted excited about it?  Yikes.

The pasta fight was pretty good, but it doesn't hold a candle to any fight taking place on Stassi's birthday, especially the fight with Tequila Katie in Mexico, which for me is slightly better than the chunky sweater fight in Vegas.  I'm on James' side on the fight, god help me.  He overreacted, but Lala and Logan were being bitches about his dumb gf.

I only paid half attention after that because I got distracted eating ice cream and playing with my dogs.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Uh, Billie, please never EVER compare what you've been through with whatever shit Jax has put himself through.  That's an ultimate insult to yourself.  There's no comparison there.  Jax has never struggled with anything.  He's been given good things in his life without earning them.  That's absolutely not the case for you.  You have been through things his stupid brain could never comprehend.  Actually, you should go ahead and try to explain it to Jax, because I want to see his head explode.

Ok, I'll admit it. In his scene with Billie I kept expecting/cringing that Jax was going to say something stupid/offensive/put his foot in his mouth. There were a couple moments in his talking head segments where it could have gone either way, lol. But Jax managed to do ok. Maybe his dumb guy routine is a bit of an act? Haha. 

• Love 1

Know those Hills-y interludes after the commercials where they just show random people walking down the street?  In the one before the girls go to get Botox, there was this poor woman with black shorts and she was rocking a giant wedgie.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, Adira said:

It wasn't pasta.  It was a croissant sandwich and fries.

Was it *Katie's* sandwich?  I thought I saw her yelling to the kitchen about it.  LOL

Edited by teapot
I was late to the party! this was already covered...
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 0:38 PM, Ubiquitous said:

I found it amusing that shortly after noticing that the new  hostess sounds like Doctor Girlfriend, Lala revealed that inclusive businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks had hired a trans hostess, just in time for next week's Pride festivities ep next week. ? 

Ha! I called it!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Awkward moment in the clip where Schwartz yells out that Scheana is the most fake person there because of her fake nails~ cue to Billie the trans hostess who then sadly looks down at her own fake claws. 

“Scheana, you’re the fakest person here and Billy used to have a dick”. 

*im probably going to hell lol 

Looks like you guys got it all covered. Can we talk about how unprofessional the “reiki therapist” or “reiki life coach” or whatever is? Ok, you do your reiki—fine. You want to give them some mantra based on what could be misaligning their chakras or what have you—okay. But, damn, I wish I had jotted down the eyebrow raising things she said—acting like “one of the guys” rather than someone who should have some sense of professional boundaries. There was swearing, ribbing, inside-joking, and asking your client for a hug?? That doesn’t seem like something an actual “therapist” would do. 

Of course, this woman is certainly in contention to be the next object of Jax’s cheating. And poor Brittany thinks it’s a great sign for THEIR relationship that Jax is going to “reiki therapy.” Oh, no, honey.

Yet, it’s just as likely Jax is going to cheat with Billie. His eyes got just as wide when Billie was talking about her tight new vagina. You KNOW Jax was thinking about trying it out!

Though, the very next cheating scandal to break will most certainly be James with his BFF. It was like they couldn’t NOT be flirty affectionate even with his girlfriend right there!!  Not about the pasta, indeed!

Scheana, no one cares about Rob. No one is talking about Rob. No one is ruining your relationship with Rob. EXCEPT YOU! The lady doth protest too much.

Just when you think that the “new Kristin” from last season really seems to be sticking, she ups and asks the girls with genuine shock: You DON’T track your man’s phone?!?! And then says how she tries to entrap him by asking if he’s golfing and immediately checking to see whether he’s actually on the golf course. Kristin hasn’t changed; she just happened to find a guy who doesn’t cheat. But the constant surveillance is still happening. So glad for her she gets to scratch her itch of flying in special guest stars for cheating confrontations. Wonder if she gets some special frequent flier mileage for that purpose.

ETA: I think I cracked the case of if it’s Not About the Pasta then what is it about? They’re all supposed to pretend that they’re not all secretly in love with each other behind Raquel’s back. James’s friend loves him —> James loves LaLa —> but James is pretending to be in love with Raquel —> and Lala is pretending to be in love with her sugar daddy. Out of it, Lala gets a sugar daddy and James gets a good catch of a girlfriend because Lala would never be with him UNLESS his DJ’ing career takes off and he becomes the next DJ Kahlid or DJ Marshmallow or some such. So James is jealous about Lala’s man and James’s friend is jealous about Raquel. But they ALL KNOW how they feel about each other—except for poor clueless Raquel who is ditzier than anyone could have imagined if she STILL hasn’t picked up on it after what we all witnessed. But that’s why James was so upset—you’re throwing your fat@ss rich bastard boyfriend in my face and you can’t even have the decency to be nice to my girlfriend, whom i’m only with because I can’t have you. It’s not about the pasta! It’s not about the pasta! It’s not about the pasta! It’s about me not being rich and famous enough for you to be with me! Meanwhile, James’s friend’s like: same.

Edited by JenE4
It’s NOT about the pasta—it’s about unrequited love!!
  • Love 4
On 1/23/2018 at 3:17 AM, Rosebud1970 said:

Kristin may be an evil scheming ho, but just like the blind squirrel, every so often, she finds an acorn.

Yeah, but I love her.  I always have.

Man, Stassi and LaLa are both beautiful girls.  Scheana looks like she's hopped up on something.  Cocaine?  I know that failing to eat will give you the jitters, but she seemed strung out, too.  And her hairstyle was doing her no favors.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, ivygirl said:

I’m tempted to start saying “It’s not about the pasta!!!!” In varying situations, just to smoke out who around me is a closet VPR watcher. It’s like saying a Dorinda-ism. If you know it, you’re gonna laugh and give a knowing nod of recognition.

CLIP!!!!!  CLIP!!!!!!  CLIP!!!!!!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, teapot said:

Was it *Katie's* sandwich?  I thought I saw her yelling to the kitchen about it.  LOL

It was her table’s sandwich. Kinda shitty of Lisa to take a paying customer’s food for Scheana like that. So the rest of that table got their food and whoever was supposed to get that sandwich had to wait. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

It was her table’s sandwich. Kinda shitty of Lisa to take a paying customer’s food for Scheana like that. So the rest of that table got their food and whoever was supposed to get that sandwich had to wait. 

Yeah? I didn’t get why Lisa made a paying customer not get their food so Schena could eat. And then not inform the said waitress whose table it was for so she coild Be aware.

Also Schena Being all “Lisa isn’t just my boss she’s someone who cares about me..”and then giggling all happy that Lisa took a sandwhich in the kitchen to feed her. Also yeah the fact that Schena gets this upset about “stupid rumors” speaks volumes to me. I understand people react to stress but if the rumors are meaningless, she should feel secure enough to not be skipping meals and shaking like a tree in a storm. I’m just  saying. Also again when Brittany was like “well if it doesn’t bother her so much, I don’t know why she’s acting like this?” Which.. true.

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, Otherkate said:

I'm not usually one for renaming threads, but if the James thread isn't renamed to James "It isn't about the pasta!" Kennedy, I don't even know what we're doing here.

That's a good one but I love Muppet Baby DJ!!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

That's a good one but I love Muppet Baby DJ!!

It is the greatest thread title.  But it’s not about the pasta needs to be somewhere? Should we make a Raquel thread just so we can use it?

Also I just realized brittany doesn’t have a thread? Should we make one?

Brittany needs one, I just realized last week she didn't have one.   It should include ROT IN HELL.

Oh, Jax, and no one asking him how he is doing.   I barfed and then my pile of barf barfed.  It really got under my skin the reki woman and then Billie Lee validating his bullshit. Can everyone on planet Earth please stop doing that forever?  Jax has a dinosaur head BTW.

To me Jax comes across as more likely to have a sexual relationship (a current one) with a man then James.  I think James just loves all the attention Logan showers on him. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah? I didn’t get why Lisa made a paying customer not get their food so Schena could eat. And then not inform the said waitress whose table it was for so she coild Be aware.

What I didn't get is why a sandwich and fries was the best choice for Starvin' Scheana.  According to the SUR menu, they have a soup of the day option.  That might have been a little easier to eat, especially if she hadn't eaten in days.

Nitpicking, I know.

Speaking of picking, ain't no way Scheana's nether regions are getting 100% clean with those claws.  I'm just saying.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

What I didn't get is why a sandwich and fries was the best choice for Starvin' Scheana.  According to the SUR menu, they have a soup of the day option.  That might have been a little easier to eat, especially if she hadn't eaten in days.

Nitpicking, I know.

Speaking of picking, ain't no way Scheana's nether regions are getting 100% clean with those claws.  I'm just saying.

I think it was just to be dramatic? Like Lisa was like “you sit here, I’m getting you something to eat!” And then stole whatever the kitchen had just made instead of actually having them make something else so that the actual customer could get the food they ordered. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Nitpicking, I know.

In my experience, when you frequently go days without eating or only eating very little you don't have to be as gentle "breaking the fast" as when you just do a fast or a cleanse occasionally.  And I feel like Scheena probably isn't a stranger to not eating or severely restricted eating. 

• Love 2

Long fingernails are disgusting ~ real and fake. To illustrate how to wash hands properly in nursing school they put a special dye on our hands that could only be seen under a special light - cannot even imagine the nastiness under those long claws they wear. 

The pasta/not bout pasta scene was very typical of a drunken argument. Not much to make sense of. 

• Love 1

I know nothing about nails--when mine don't look like I've dug myself out of my own grave, they're about fingertip length and squared off. Why are longer nails harder to clean than shorter ones? I would think that because the underside is more exposed, the easier it would be to keep them clean.

• Love 1