Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Unfashionably Late

• Start Topic

I don't know how her leaving her kids with the nanny to meet Dorit was filmed if production wasn't at her house prior to going to Plan Check. 

None of which really mitigates how Dorit has been acting throughout the whole thing.

Dorit was still late for 4:30 but Teddi saying:

Hey, want to meet for a drink?” “Sure, what time?” “Between 4PM and Christmas?” “Perfect!” #RHOBH

Teddi is definitely being cute.  Not accurate but cute.

I'd say she is being both. And funny.

Meaning we have an hour to hangout NOT “lets meet anytime between 4:30 and 5:30” like Teddi is implying right now, cause yeah that is ridic.

Showing up 45 minutes late for a meeting that is only an hour long is beyond "ridic", it's fucking rude.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

For the first 10 years of their relationship Erika went with Tom to all business meetings.  She has no legal training but she was there for moral support. 

Did she go with Tom to all his business meetings, or did she attend all of the business dinners, law firm parties, etc.? The first seems odd to me. 

Please remind me what image was on Erika's throw pillow. Thank you.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

Did anyone else find it strange how Erika referred to her husband Tom as “Mr Girardi” to Mikey?

Ha! Sometimes I call my (younger by 1 year) husband Mr. Ant ?. Usually, it’s because I’m being sarcastic.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did she go with Tom to all his business meetings, or did she attend all of the business dinners, law firm parties, etc.? The first seems odd to me. 

Please remind me what image was on Erika's throw pillow. Thank you.

Erika said she went to all of Tom's meetings.  A large part of Tom's job is meeting with clients-who are not upper crust they are ordinary people who have to band together to form a class of people who have been damaged.  It is not about fancy dinners.  So I think she paid her dues.  Many of Tom's cases are outside the greater Los Angeles area.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, BBHN said:

Showing up 45 minutes late for a meeting that is only an hour long is beyond "ridic", it's fucking rude.

And she wasn't even there yet. Who knows how much longer she would have been. The driver said at least another 15-20, but with traffic....it could have been even longer. 

• Love 9

If Dorit  was lying about the meeting time to save herself, why wouldn't she have said "We were supposed to meet at 5!"?  The 4:30 lie doesn't seem to benefit her at all, so it really seems like an odd lie, if that's what it was.

She's either a stupid liar who doesn't understand the concept of telling a lie that benefits you, or there really was a misunderstanding/miscommunication.

• Love 5

She's either a stupid liar who doesn't understand the concept of telling a lie that benefits you, or there really was a misunderstanding/miscommunication.

I choose what's behind door number one.

• Love 9

Ok, I realize I'm (unfashionably) late to this discussion. 

What the hell is wrong with Dorit? Teddi sat there almost an hour, said "hey, it's cool, just give me a heads up next time" and Dorit takes it to the next level? Teddi would have let it be but Dorit made a thing out of it, forcing Teddi to make a thing out of it. It was a non-thing Dorit! 

Tried to give Dorit a chance in the beginning but she's a real asshole. 

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok, I realize I'm (unfashionably) late to this discussion. 

What the hell is wrong with Dorit? Teddi sat there almost an hour, said "hey, it's cool, just give me a heads up next time" and Dorit takes it to the next level? Teddi would have let it be but Dorit made a thing out of it, forcing Teddi to make a thing out of it. It was a non-thing Dorit! 

Tried to give Dorit a chance in the beginning but she's a real asshole. 

Maybe that's Dorit's thing. She did the same thing last year with Pantygate. Both are total non-issues that she manipulated into a Big Deal. I think the sad painful truth is that she is simply incredibly dull on latches onto anything for a storyline.

• Love 6

I, honestly, don't think Dorit knew WHAT time they were meeting. I don't see it as a miscommunication, though. I see her as someone who's so self-important that she doesn't bother paying attention to what others do and say. She'll show up when she shows up and you'll like it. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jel said:

If Dorit  was lying about the meeting time to save herself, why wouldn't she have said "We were supposed to meet at 5!"?  The 4:30 lie doesn't seem to benefit her at all, so it really seems like an odd lie, if that's what it was.

One of the time's that Teddi sent her a text or called her was a few minutes after 4:30, she mentioned it in her talk with LVP.

• Love 1

One of the hosts said they had it on good authority that Erika lives in an ANOTHER apartment building, separate from the one shown on the show as her office.

Not surprising - Erika once said that she and Tom only spend one night a week together (because swindling clients lawyering and patting the puss are round-the-clock jobs, apparently).

Haven’t seen any real chemistry between Erika and Tom - he treats her like a younger friend and she treats him like a boss.  

Come on, now...when she kisses the top of his bald blotchy head, it's FIRE!

• Love 1

I try not to get too distracted with the contrived drama, which imo includes miscommunication, she said, she said, someone's lying, type malarkey, HOWEVER, Dorit certainly had a guilty conscience about being late.   I noticed that her initial response was about how she was so laser focused on her business meeting....bla, bla, bla......,right.  Ok.  So, it's your fault.  OMG, she's just too full of herself. I do enjoy watching her hairstyles though.

I have this ongoing game I play when Dorit is on the screen.  I count to see how long before Dorit's tongue collapses into complete exhaustion and she can no longer utter a single word. lol I do wonder if her tongue is deformed at this point.  

I bet Dorit is horribly disappointed that her children don't demonstrate an English accent like their daddy. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

OMG, waaaay out of MY league!!!  LOL.  Thanks though.

I was gonna be impressed if you could slouch around Erika-style in Gucci! ;) Try Vans. Their women’s hoodies are really cute and comfortable, and sometimes they have florals. 

On 1/20/2018 at 8:24 AM, zoeysmom said:

Erika said she went to all of Tom's meetings.  A large part of Tom's job is meeting with clients-who are not upper crust they are ordinary people who have to band together to form a class of people who have been damaged.  It is not about fancy dinners.  So I think she paid her dues.  Many of Tom's cases are outside the greater Los Angeles area.

Unless she was an employee of his there is no way Erika should have been at any client meetings.  He’d be breaking Attorney-client privilege to allow a third party at the meeting.  And at this point at least, I doubt he attends many client meetings anyway. If he’s that “high end” in plaintiff personal injury work, lower level partners, associates and paralegals do all the leg work.  Heck, many times the plaintiff isn’t even the most important person/witness in a PI case.  

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, rho said:

Maybe that's Dorit's thing. She did the same thing last year with Pantygate. Both are total non-issues that she manipulated into a Big Deal. I think the sad painful truth is that she is simply incredibly dull on latches onto anything for a storyline.

While I think there is some truth in this, in this case I think Dorit it making this a Big Deal because she is trying to deflect on her behavior at the dinner party towards Camille.

Kyle and LvP are running cover for Dorit here.  Kyle is stirring the pot with Teddi.  LvP had the nerve to play off the dinner as Dorit being with PK so long that she picked up "the British humor" and gently explain to Dorit that Camille, who was with her new boyfriend, might not have found it so funny.  Cue Dorit shock and horror that Caamille might have been embarrassed following Dorits ranting over Teddi's unreasonableness.

Dorit is making a big deal out of something stupid to try to kill talk about something that isn't.  If Camille hadn't found a PR person after season 1 and LvP/Kyle hadn't decided to ally themselves with Dorit, this wouldn't be going down this way.

Edited by ParadoxLost
38 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

While I think there is some truth in this, in this case I think Dorit it making this a Big Deal because she is trying to deflect on her behavior at the dinner party towards Camille.

Kyle and LvP are running cover for Dorit here.  Kyle is stirring the pot with Teddi.  LvP had the nerve to play off the dinner as Dorit being with PK so long that she picked up "the British humor" and gently explain to Dorit that Camille, who was with her new boyfriend, might not have found it so funny.  Cue Dorit shock and horror that Caamille might have been embarrassed following Dorits ranting over Teddi's unreasonableness.

Dorit is making a big deal out of something stupid to try to kill talk about something that isn't.  If Camille hadn't found a PR person after season 1 and LvP/Kyle hadn't decided to ally themselves with Dorit, this wouldn't be going down this way.

How did Lisa cover up for Dorit, she called her out on her bad behavior at Kyle's party.  Yes, Lisa was polite in doing it but she told Dorit that she was wrong and that she owed Camille an apology. That said, Kyle was playing the shite stirrer by telling Teddy what Dorit told her. 

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I feel like Teddi. I just cooked a roast tenderloin of beef and my company is over 45 minutes late. I’m upset so I really get it. 

People that you know are late for beef tenderloin? Fuckers. It doesn't get any better than someone making you a beef tenderloin. 

• Love 1

According to Dictionary.com, a golddigger is "a woman who associates with or marries a man chiefly for material gain." It does appear, on the very rare times we see them together, that she very dressed up and asking for something. Right from the get go, we first see her ask Tom for permission to fix the marble on the pool. Then we see her ask Tom for permission to take the plane for her show, super dressed up at their lunch date. I don't recall seeing them just doing something (anything!) together, from going shopping to drinking coffee, to just talking. The one time they did dinner with LVP, Tom told her to "shush" and "go to your room." I did not sense any warmth from them, and Ericka seemed very uncomfortable being next to him, imo. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, Tom was dismissive with Ericka but flirty with LVP. My whole point is that they do not appear to be in love with each other. Maybe once they did love each other, but I would say that as of the time right now, the current snapshot is Ericka is solely with Tom for material reasons. If he could not or would not afford her "Ericka Jayne" thing, she'd be off looking for another investor to barter her services with. imo.

I don't think any of the women can remotely compare to Ericka's blatant gold digging.  Ken is clearly infatuated with Lisa and they adore each other. They have two children together they are devoted to and share a billion animals. I also think they are equal investors in everything, so if LVP does not have to be with Ken to be rich. I think Ericka does, as I'm not sure how well Ericka Jayne pays-- not well enough to afford her 40k monthly costs. 

Regardless, to me Ericka is a textbook gold digger. She makes no attempt to hide it, and obviously Tom knows what their marriage is about. It's not a slam at all, but I took Ericka's conversation about Tom as being more like, "How weird, Tom''s hurt and I actually sort of care a little bit. I have these odd feelings of sympathy and sadness, humm." It was more like musing. Like, "I saw my ex last week, and I haven't seen in years. It was actually really nice to see him..." Like detached, wow, emotions I feel type of reflection. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I feel like Teddi. I just cooked a roast tenderloin of beef and my company is over 45 minutes late. I’m upset so I really get it. 

Oh no  - that just friggin' sucks, Mindthinkr : (

On 1/20/2018 at 4:52 PM, rho said:

she is simply incredibly dull latches onto anything for a storyline.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER (served on an Hermes plate).

Edited by film noire

Additionally, I can not see Ericka, who is wise and protective of herself, being in love with a man who has house rules and berates her public. She basically said she got into big trouble for not acting properly after one disaster night at their house. If I was married to Tom, and he treated me like that, I'd absolutely  hate his guts. I see festering anger in Ericka as well, and I think it's due to Tom's treatment of her. I'm curious how she will spin their dreadful relatioship in her book. I bet she slams her dad but puts Tom on  pedestal and devotes the book to him or some shit. 

She basically said she got into big trouble for not acting properly after one disaster night at their house.

I wouldn't judge their relationship based on one night...

I see festering anger in Ericka as well

I don't see that at all.

Maybe once they did love each other, but I would say that as of the time right now, the current snapshot is Ericka is solely with Tom for material reasons.

If they didn't have any affection for each other, I'm sure Tom would have dumped her long ago, pre-nup or no pre-nup, he probably had enough legal skills and mojo to not hand he a huge payout for a divorce.

I don't think any of the women can remotely compare to Ericka's blatant gold digging. 

Gold digging is still gold digging...

I have been watching Season 1 of RHBH and I just have to say - it used to be so much more interesting!  All of this who was late business is nothing compared to the good drama of Season 1 - Kyle calling Camille a fucking liar, crazy Taylor, etc.  It is just so boring now, the drama is revolving around someone being late for a drink.

That reminds me - is there any way for me to actually read the TWOP discussions from then?  We did not know how good we had it back then!

26 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I have been watching Season 1 of RHBH and I just have to say - it used to be so much more interesting!  All of this who was late business is nothing compared to the good drama of Season 1 - Kyle calling Camille a fucking liar, crazy Taylor, etc.  It is just so boring now, the drama is revolving around someone being late for a drink.

That reminds me - is there any way for me to actually read the TWOP discussions from then?  We did not know how good we had it back then!

I have also been revisiting the earlier seasons, and was disappointed there was no existing forum on this site for Season 1.  We could create one, but at this point, it may just be you and I there. I was hoping there was an existing forum with posters who commented when the episodes aired, 

Not much new to add her. I do recall that right before the scenes at the dog rescue place, LVP had a talking head where she mentioned her and Ken's undertakings with Save Spot (or whatever it's called) and she said they cut ties and her word was "sketchy." That makes sense regarding to the 503(c) status, so it's really not a new issue. I'm not sure why Rinna was rubbing her hands with glee over that tidbit, which will only come to bite her (badly) in the ass in a few weeks.

I hope this asinine "who was late? nonsense doesn't carry through the entire season. It's too stupid to even bring up again.  I really can't pile any more on the well-deserved shade being thrown Dorit's way.

For somebody who allegedly had such a "hardscrabble life," I was very stunned (and disappointed) that Erika seemed to have no clue as to how she would function if something would happen to Tom.  She just struck me as the type who would have more self-survival skills plus at least have some basic knowledge about her and Tom's finances, end-of-life plans, etc. I guess I was very wrong about her. She comes across as a frightened little girl who is trying hard to reconcile her daddy-abandonment issues.  It is very sad about her relationship with her father (or lack of one), so I get that. But still ...

Way before RHoBH, I believe it was common knowledge that Kim Richards had substance abuse issues. Why is it suddenly taboo to mention alcohol issues in front of Kyle? Dorit was plastered at Kyle's dinner party. There is no other way to paint it. She was drunk but also appeared to have indulged in either booze or more before she even set foot on Kyle's patio. Kyle and LVP need to stop defending that slattern's boorish behavior.

For somebody who owns a chain of high-end fashion boutiques, Kyle has the worst style I've seen. That black Gucci jacket thing she wore was hideous, as well as that short glossy wrap-around flesh colored garment she wore on one of her outings. It made her look short and squatty. Then there was that frumpy number she wore to work out with Teddy.  Unless Kyle has gained a lot of weight recently, I remember that last season, she was sporting a great bod, especially in her swimsuit shoots with Erika.

Dorit looks like a hot mess and I don't like her ever changing hair. Yes. I looks like she takes a wig, wears it one way for a day, then cuts/restyles it for a second use. They look like crap with the tire tracks black roots and dead broom looking texture. Ugh and Ugh. I wish she and Teddy would get in to a catfight and Teddy would kick her ass to the next county.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, grisgris said:

I hope this asinine "who was late? nonsense doesn't carry through the entire season. It's too stupid to even bring up again.  I really can't pile any more on the well-deserved shade being thrown Dorit's way.

If this carries into more than the next episode, it will be ridiculous. Dorit was unfashionably late, she lied and it was rude.  

Last year Ericka lost her shit on Eileen in Hong Kong and acted like a crazy woman, she made an excuse. We moved on.

7 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

I have also been revisiting the earlier seasons, and was disappointed there was no existing forum on this site for Season 1.  We could create one, but at this point, it may just be you and I there. I was hoping there was an existing forum with posters who commented when the episodes aired, 

The wayback machine has an archive of TWOP

https://web.archive.org/web/20120126054421/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com:80/index.php?showtopic=3193786&st=0

1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

If this carries into more than the next episode, it will be ridiculous. Dorit was unfashionably late, she lied and it was rude.  

Last year Ericka lost her shit on Eileen in Hong Kong and acted like a crazy woman, she made an excuse. We moved on.

I still think this is deflecting from what Dorit said to Camille at dinner.  Although I don't get why Dorit doesn't apologize for that and move on.  Maybe because Camille is adept at coining nicknames that stick, like the morally corrupt Faye Resnick, and Dorit wants to avoid that.

2 hours ago, grisgris said:

Not much new to add her. I do recall that right before the scenes at the dog rescue place, LVP had a talking head where she mentioned her and Ken's undertakings with Save Spot (or whatever it's called) and she said they cut ties and her word was "sketchy." That makes sense regarding to the 503(c) status, so it's really not a new issue. I'm not sure why Rinna was rubbing her hands with glee over that tidbit, which will only come to bite her (badly) in the ass in a few weeks.

For somebody who allegedly had such a "hardscrabble life," I was very stunned (and disappointed) that Erika seemed to have no clue as to how she would function if something would happen to Tom.  She just struck me as the type who would have more self-survival skills plus at least have some basic knowledge about her and Tom's finances, end-of-life plans, etc. I guess I was very wrong about her. She comes across as a frightened little girl who is trying hard to reconcile her daddy-abandonment issues.  It is very sad about her relationship with her father (or lack of one), so I get that. But still ...

Way before RHoBH, I believe it was common knowledge that Kim Richards had substance abuse issues. Why is it suddenly taboo to mention alcohol issues in front of Kyle? Dorit was plastered at Kyle's dinner party. There is no other way to paint it. She was drunk but also appeared to have indulged in either booze or more before she even set foot on Kyle's patio. Kyle and LVP need to stop defending that slattern's boorish behavior.

For somebody who owns a chain of high-end fashion boutiques, Kyle has the worst style I've seen. That black Gucci jacket thing she wore was hideous, as well as that short glossy wrap-around flesh colored garment she wore on one of her outings. It made her look short and squatty. Then there was that frumpy number she wore to work out with Teddy.  Unless Kyle has gained a lot of weight recently, I remember that last season, she was sporting a great bod, especially in her swimsuit shoots with Erika.

Dorit looks like a hot mess and I don't like her ever changing hair. Yes. I looks like she takes a wig, wears it one way for a day, then cuts/restyles it for a second use. They look like crap with the tire tracks black roots and dead broom looking texture. Ugh and Ugh. I wish she and Teddy would get in to a catfight and Teddy would kick her ass to the next county.

There has never been a question as to who was late.  Dorit admitted to it and apologized. 

I believe Kyle is trying to avoid the never ending issue of someone having a substance abuse issue.  Camille made a comment about Dorit drinking again.  Camille has every right t be angry but I get where Kyle is coming from.    I am just a viewer but please don't go down the substance path.  Then you have Rinna chiming in about her  dead sister.

Kyle is never going to be any taller.  She strikes me as the woman who wants wear cute trendy clothes.  Like Teddi and her endless wardrobe of too short shorts.  I just wishe she and the rest of the world would give up ripped pants.  They are never stylish or particularly flattering.  If you can drive a Lamborghini you can afford pants without tears.  Kyle should not wear white work out clothes.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Higgins said:

Ok, Dorit is a gold digger too. She just plays it differently.

It's not clear to me that PK has money. It seems she is more with him because he is as shady as she is. I do think they have a good relationship and care about each other. I don't see the gold digging in the literal sense of the word with Dorit. That's just me though. I associate gold digging as the woman is only with the man for money, and Dorit seems to get a lot of companionship and emotional comfort from PK, and they know/ understand each other very well. 

11 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

The wayback machine has an archive of TWOP

https://web.archive.org/web/20120126054421/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com:80/index.php?showtopic=3193786&st=0

I still think this is deflecting from what Dorit said to Camille at dinner.  Although I don't get why Dorit doesn't apologize for that and move on.  Maybe because Camille is adept at coining nicknames that stick, like the morally corrupt Faye Resnick, and Dorit wants to avoid that.

Thanks for the info!  I will check it out.