Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Unfashionably Late

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, NeverLate said:

Well she knows that gig isn't going to last too much longer, so hopefully she's saving for her old age, or another sugar daddy.

Has anything been said that would hint that she won't be taken care of when he passes? Isn't California a Community Property state? I would assume she won't be broke when he is gone. If he has lavished her with this lifestyle and has been so open to financing her act while he was alive, I wouldn't assume he would not want to do the same when he is gone. 

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

With their age differences I would have thought that Erika would have anticipated something happening to Tom at some point. Illness or a heart attack or stroke happens all the time to people in his age group. Heck, it can happen to anyone at anytime but surely she went into this marriage knowing at some point she'd have to give up on her needs and focus on his. 

She probably did, but the reality can still be a shock. We have all experienced someone close to us who is elderly becoming ill, and while it shouldn't be a shock, it often shakes us up. We expect our parents to pass long before we do, but the reality of it all is still hard to take, even when we know what is eventually looming. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

With their age differences I would have thought that Erika would have anticipated something happening to Tom at some point. Illness or a heart attack or stroke happens all the time to people in his age group. Heck, it can happen to anyone at anytime but surely she went into this marriage knowing at some point she'd have to give up on her needs and focus on his. 

You would think this was something she would have thought of. But when she was relaying the situation to Mikey, it seemed like it JUST dawned on her that she would one day, possibly soon, be left alone. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, candle96 said:

I didn't say that. There are happy couples that live apart from each other.  Rich people also have multiple homes, and if she's spent a long day filming perhaps she doesn't want to drive back to Pasadena.  I just was passing along what I thought was some interesting info (taken with a grain of salt.)

It's not like Pasadena is Siberia  -- especially after evening traffic lets up, which is when I'd assume you'd be driving home after a really long day.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

You would think this was something she would have thought of. But when she was relaying the situation to Mikey, it seemed like it JUST dawned on her that she would one day, possibly soon, be left alone. 

Well she has a full time job now, watching him breathe

• Love 11

I re-watched the episode

Dorit said she was aiming for Resort 2017, but she meant Resort 2018. I'll give her a pass due to her usual dingbat mode.

The Runway shows for Resort 2017 happen Nov-Dec 2016. The buyers go to the runway shows and then make appointments at the brand showroom to review product and place orders. They want the product in their stores by Late Spring 2017.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, nexxie said:

Don’t know about success, but there’s this...

http://mbfashionweek.com/designers/dorit

Maybe she liked Camille’s man better than her own!

Or she liked Camille better than her own husband!  Remember there was a little flirting last year between Eden and Dorit.  I LOVED the description of PK as walking jellied ham.  Luckily so far it looks like their kids take more after mom in the looks dept.

• Love 3

the city apartment doesn't seem odd to me. That seems like a rich people thing.

4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I re-watched the episode

Dorit said she was aiming for Resort 2017, but she meant Resort 2018. I'll give her a pass due to her usual dingbat mode.

The Runway shows for Resort 2017 happen Nov-Dec 2016. The buyers go to the runway shows and then make appointments at the brand showroom to review product and place orders. They want the product in their stores by Late Spring 2017.

Aww Bunny giving Dorit a pass. I'm opening the champagne!. Hold on one sec while I run out to Hermes to buy glasses...

• Love 9

I get that Tom is significantly older than Erika but I doubt she walks around thinking about his mortality constantly. We all know our parents/grandparents are gonna die but it still catches us off guard when it happens. 

I keep forgetting Erika isn't allowed human feelings or failings here.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Or she liked Camille better than her own husband!  Remember there was a little flirting last year between Eden and Dorit.  I LOVED the description of PK as walking jellied ham.  Luckily so far it looks like their kids take more after mom in the looks dept.

I love it too. MisRed of TrashtalkTV is not a Kemsley fan.

Years ago, there was a story of a woman killed. At first they thought it was a love triangle. The truth was, there was a guy/girl couple. During one of their splits, he dated another woman for a few weeks. When the couple got back together, and the woman found out about the other lady he dated, she needed him to kill the other woman as proof that he loved her the best.

This is what I thought of in the Dorit/PK situations. I think when they first met Erika, PK probably made some off hand comment that Erika was (pick one) beautiful/attractive/appealing/sexy. I think he probably said the same of Camille. This sends Dorit into a tailspin, because she doesn't want to lose him the way she got him.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It's not like Pasadena is Siberia  -- especially after evening traffic lets up, which is when I'd assume you'd be driving home after a really long day.  

24 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Pasadena is 15 min with no traffic from the building they showed. The freeway you have to take is the first or second in L.A.  so it's quite awful and I understand keeping and office/apartment.

As for community property, that doesn't kick in, in CA unless divorce without and airtight prenup. Death is all will and estate law so I'm sure Erika is fine.  The times we've seen them together, i must admit there seems to be an affection between the two. 

Dorit can suck it.  I want her off my screen.   

• Love 4

Regarding Erika and Tom, I totally get it. I'm 50 and have lost my dad. He got a minor illness, ended up in the hospital, got consistently worse, gathered up a few new infections, etc. He was in and out of the hospital for the last couple of years of his life. It was like watching a very vital and energetic man turn into an elderly frail person nearly overnight. I see it happening with my Mom and Stepdad now, and it's terrifying. One injury/illness could start that downhill slide. So I totally get what she was trying to say, even if she didn't say it very eloquently. Teddi/Dorit/Lategate: Team Teddi, all day every day. Dorit is so many kinds of wrong in this and watching her spin it last night, I just kept thinking, "Can't WAIT till the Reunion." She is gross and I have to say I'm very impressed that while Camille did express her feelings about what happened at Kyle's party, she did it with such calm and class. Impressed. The way most of these "ladies" act, I'm shocked Dorit made it out the door that night without getting her head ripped off. She sure has a couple of these idiots fooled.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Higgins said:

How was she mean? She was just laying out the facts. If the truth hurts,  too bad.

Right?!  Disrespect my time and then lie about the deets and I might not be so nice.  I did think Teddi was pretty nice about it though.  Like some others, I would have just left after 30 minutes and let Dorit figure it out once she got there.  I am finding that the closer I get to 50, I give less fucks about others feelings when standing up for my own.  

• Love 12

To me, from what I have seen of it, their relationship seems unusual. But I cannot find fault with her for not spending a ton of time thinking about her husband's death! I mean it would kinda be worse if she had, right?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

Right?!  Disrespect my time and then lie about the deets and I might not be so nice.  I did think Teddi was pretty nice about it though.  Like some others, I would have just left after 30 minutes and let Dorit figure it out once she got there.  I am finding that the closer I get to 50, I give less fucks about others feelings when standing up for my own.  

I'm not from the California area, but I have friends and family who used to laugh their heads off when 24 would air. You could not make from point A to point B in California as quickly as they showed.

When I re-watched the episode, they had a close up of Teddy's phone when Dorit finally called her - it was 4:49 PM. Isn't that rush hour in LA? No way would she even make to Plan Check in 20 minutes

• Love 7

I think she brought up the apartment on her first season.... the apartment is for Tom when he gets crazy busy / work proximity. 

Yeah I remember that too for some reason.

Has anything been said that would hint that she won't be taken care of when he passes?

I never got that impression.

I LOVED the description of PK as walking jellied ham.

I see him more as boiled ham, myself.

I keep forgetting Erika isn't allowed human feelings on failings here.

Lol so true.

Hold on one sec while I run out to Hermes to buy glasses...

You'd better be waving the receipt in our faces when you get back...

But I cannot find fault with her for not spending a ton of time thinking about her husband's death! I mean it would kinda be worse if she had, right?

She'd probably get trashed if she did.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm not from the California area, but I have friends and family who used to laugh their heads off when 24 would air. You could not make from point A to point B in California as quickly as they showed.

When I re-watched the episode, they had a close up of Teddy's phone when Dorit finally called her - it was 4:49 PM. Isn't that rush hour in LA? No way would she even make to Plan Check in 20 minutes

Even in my neck of the woods (Santa Barbara) if I want to go to my sisters house (closer to Montecito and I am closer to upper State, maybe less than 5 miles?) it takes me over 30 minutes.  Between traffic, one way streets its a pain.  In LA?  Awful.  

8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Lol so true.

So he looks like cooked pork either way!  HA!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Lol so true.

I see Ham in A Can with the gelatinous goo.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I get that Tom is significantly older than Erika but I doubt she walks around thinking about his mortality constantly. We all know our parents/grandparents are gonna die but it still catches us off guard when it happens. 

I actually like Erika more than most. So I'm not trying to criticize her. It just shocked me a bit. I mean, she ostensibly lives with him (although the apartment was something I don't know about). She has to notice signs of him aging. I'm not hating on her. It was just rather sad. She kept saying she saw him as big and powerful, and I'm thinking, "Really? He looks pretty up there to me." I don't mean she needs to think about his DEATH constantly, but she seemed unaware of just how old 78 is. I don't care if she wants to be with an older man, but sometimes I think she tries too hard to convince others that she doesn't notice his age. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I actually like Erika more than most. So I'm not trying to criticize her. It just shocked me a bit. I mean, she ostensibly lives with him (although the apartment was something I don't know about). She has to notice signs of him aging. I'm not hating on her. It was just rather sad. She kept saying she saw him as big and powerful, and I'm thinking, "Really? He looks pretty up there to me." I don't mean she needs to think about his DEATH constantly, but she seemed unaware of just how old 78 is. I don't care if she wants to be with an older man, but sometimes I think she tries too hard to convince others that she doesn't notice his age. 

One thing I have noticed as my husband and I have aged (been together since we were 21 and we are 49) is you still look at them like you did when you first got together.  It is hard to see them as older (me anyway) so I can see how an illness or injury can whip you back to reality.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

Has anything been said that would hint that she won't be taken care of when he passes? Isn't California a Community Property state? I would assume she won't be broke when he is gone. If he has lavished her with this lifestyle and has been so open to financing her act while he was alive, I wouldn't assume he would not want to do the same when he is gone. 

She probably did, but the reality can still be a shock. We have all experienced someone close to us who is elderly becoming ill, and while it shouldn't be a shock, it often shakes us up. We expect our parents to pass long before we do, but the reality of it all is still hard to take, even when we know what is eventually looming. 

I don't think Erika will be left high/dry when Tom does pass but I also don't think she will be able to keep up her current lifestyle. In this past episode she actually questions if she will be able to afford it when he does die. Tom has children so I suspect that they will get a large portion of his estate and that even though Erika will be taken care of, it won't be enough to fund the glam squad or her performance hobby/dreams like she does now.

I don't think anyone can completely prepare themselves for a loved ones death, even due to a long term illness, and I'm not sure that was what Erika was most worried about. She seemed shocked by the work/responsibility it to took to take care of someone that is ill/hurt IMO.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Even in my neck of the woods (Santa Barbara) if I want to go to my sisters house (closer to Montecito and I am closer to upper State, maybe less than 5 miles?) it takes me over 30 minutes.  Between traffic, one way streets its a pain.  In LA?  Awful.  

I’ll do you one better! LOL* In the Bay Area there are areas that *technically* are 10-15 minute rides on surface streets (about 5 miles), but take 1.5 hours to traverse during certain times of the day. THANKS A LOT, WAZE. Even so, I’m sure LA is even *worse* and what was Dorit thinking, leaving the house even when she did? And feeling totally unrepentant about it? I used to be just “eh” about Dorit but between the drunken behavior at Kyle’s and this blasé attitude towards time, I’m over it. She’s totally bought her own press.

* just being silly :)

• Love 4

I like Kyle but she has been a bit of a pot stirrer.  Why mention to Teddi what Dorit said about being tardy?  Tsk, tsk Kyle creating stir where maybe one not need be created.

I totally get being frustrated by another's tardiness.  Here is the reality apparently they had PAID Teddi to meet Dorit for drinks through 5:30 pm.   She wasn't sitting alone, and she didn't touch her wine.  She had producers and a camera crew.  When Dorit called, and Dorit was at least 18 minutes late with the call, Teddi blew her off.     "I have to run spend time with my kids."  Sorry Teddi you were with them 90 minutes earlier.  To me Dorit is like the dog who runs away, and you keep calling for her to come home.  When she responds to the command-you don' tell her bad dog.  Teddi and her job no one has ever heard of accountability  coach needs to also realize when someone apologizes and the window of time is still open-you accept it. Cut Dorit off at 5:30 pm.  Nobody wants an involuntary accountability coach.  Dorit was wrong because her apology should have included inconveniencing Teddi.  No matter it is there job to meet up, Dorit failed to recognize Teddi is just as special a snowflake as Erika.  

Sadly, they both go ape shit and start calling each other liars.  Teddi was very snarky in her blog and should have let it go. Dorit seems to be oblivious as to time.   I feel as if Teddi is one and done.  Kyle and LVP although flattering, fail to raise any level of interest in her.  Being a good mom doesn't keep a diamond on this show.  At least Eileen was soap star.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

So Cher Horowitz's dad was lying when he said "Everywhere in LA takes twenty minutes!!"?

I'm not from the Cali area. From everything I've been told by family and friends they say driving is bad even during non-rush hour traffic.

I did notice whenever I visited and they were speaking on the phone they don't talk distance as in miles, they'll tell the person we're approximately x minutes away..

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I’ll do you one better! LOL* In the Bay Area there are areas that *technically* are 10-15 minute rides on surface streets (about 5 miles), but take 1.5 hours to traverse during certain times of the day. THANKS A LOT, WAZE. Even so, I’m sure LA is even *worse* and what was Dorit thinking, leaving the house even when she did? And feeling totally unrepentant about it? I used to be just “eh” about Dorit but between the drunken behavior at Kyle’s and this blasé attitude towards time, I’m over it. She’s totally bought her own press.

Oh I believe SF is WAY worse!  I drove in the city once.  Never again.  I will be a passenger.  By the way, I LOVE SF!  First time I went as an adult by myself (ok, it was with a cute boy) I was stunned to see people park on the sidewalk.  We also went to the Haight Street Fair.  It was a trip!  

My sister and I were talking about this last night.  She asked is Dorit really a liar and lame or just creating problems for a storyline.  I think its both.  I think she and PK NEED this gig like no other.  Didn't they just lower their house by a million?  Shit stirring for stories!

• Love 6

Here is the reality apparently they had PAID Teddi to meet Dorit for drinks through 5:30 pm. 

Who is "they"?

When Dorit called, and Dorit was at least 18 minutes late with the call, Teddi blew her off

48 minutes, actually.

Sorry Teddi you were with them 90 minutes earlier.

I wasn't aware Teddi had a quota time to spend with her kids.

Cut Dorit off at 5:30 pm. 

So Teddi is an asshole for not waiting an hour and a half for Dorit to show up late?

Dorit failed to recognize Teddi is just as special a snowflake as Erika.  

What does Erika have to do with this?

I'm not sure how leaving a restaurant after waiting for someone who is 48 minutes late and couldn't be bothered to inform you that they are going to be late makes the person leaving a snowflake. If anything, it makes the person being late a selfish asshole.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Oh she is, I just find her very robotic...

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Haven’t seen any real chemistry between Erika and Tom - he treats her like a younger friend and she treats him like a boss. 

I saw how he spoke to her, like she was stupid, While I don't care for her that much, I don't like husband's putting their wives down on TV. Its better old Tom stays off!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I like Kyle but she has been a bit of a pot stirrer.  Why mention to Teddi what Dorit said about being tardy?  Tsk, tsk Kyle creating stir where maybe one not need be created.

I totally get being frustrated by another's tardiness.  Here is the reality apparently they had PAID Teddi to meet Dorit for drinks through 5:30 pm.   She wasn't sitting alone, and she didn't touch her wine.  She had producers and a camera crew.  When Dorit called, and Dorit was at least 18 minutes late with the call, Teddi blew her off.     "I have to run spend time with my kids."  Sorry Teddi you were with them 90 minutes earlier.  To me Dorit is like the dog who runs away, and you keep calling for her to come home.  When she responds to the command-you don' tell her bad dog.  Teddi and her job no one has ever heard of accountability  coach needs to also realize when someone apologizes and the window of time is still open-you accept it. Cut Dorit off at 5:30 pm.  Nobody wants an involuntary accountability coach.  Dorit was wrong because her apology should have included inconveniencing Teddi.  No matter it is there job to meet up, Dorit failed to recognize Teddi is just as special a snowflake as Erika.  

Sadly, they both go ape shit and start calling each other liars.  Teddi was very snarky in her blog and should have let it go. Dorit seems to be oblivious as to time.   I feel as if Teddi is one and done.  Kyle and LVP although flattering, fail to raise any level of interest in her.  Being a good mom doesn't keep a diamond on this show.  At least Eileen was soap star.

Well that is an interesting new development. If that's true then Dorit's confusion makes more sense.  I do find something shenanigansy about the whole thing -- the zeal with which Teddi is going for Dorit -- something's odd about that to me.   Maybe a little production driven? The same producer who once whispered, "But was that really an apology?", "Hmm maybe you should just Google Munchausen syndrome..", "OMG she wasn't wearing underwear!? What? Discuss...", "A sniper from the side you say? Interesting!"  It's always to the newbs and they always fall for it.

"Nobody wants an involuntary accountability coach", lol...that is good, ZM! I may just embroider that on a pillow.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I apologize but how do you know this?

• Love 7

The same producer who once whispered, "But was that really an apology?", "Hmm maybe you should just Google Munchausen syndrome..", "OMG she wasn't wearing underwear!? What? Discuss...", "A sniper from the side you say? Interesting!"

"Did you hear that Kim Richards is thisclose to death and that Kyle enables her?"

Once you get on that slippery slope...

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

"Did you hear that Kim Richards is thisclose to death and that Kyle enables her?"

I gave Rinna one already! Her debut season.  She can't have another ;)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yea, the the producer driven stuff can be a slippery slope. If production is fucking with us through the women - getting them to say stuff to start trouble - they are fucking with us through all the women. I get that they probably are here and there. Reminding a gal of something that they might bring up to try and resolve an issue at the worst possible moment. Encouraging someone to not let something go but to keep pushing for resolution/drama/shitshow material. They probably are. But they are doing it to everyone at different times, which makes it impossible to know who should be held accountable for acting like an asshole at a particular moment. 

47 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I totally get being frustrated by another's tardiness.  Here is the reality apparently they had PAID Teddi to meet Dorit for drinks through 5:30 pm. 

This is new news to me. Do you mean Bravo was paying her until 5:30? Do they get paid by the hour? I have never heard this before. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Munchausen syndrome? That was her second season.

I gave her extra time on account of her remedial status. ;)

I'm going to have to go to one of the forum Oracles for other examples, because I have a crap memory for this show, but it seems to me that the debutants always fall for something, and then wise up a little by their second and simply don't fall for much if they make it to three. 

• Love 4

This is new news to me. Do you mean Bravo was paying her until 5:30? Do they get paid by the hour? I have never heard this before. 

Isn't Bravo already paying them for the whole season anyway? lol

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Yea, the the producer driven stuff can be a slippery slope. If production is fucking with us through the women - getting them to say stuff to start trouble - they are fucking with us through all the women. I get that they probably are here and there. Reminding a gal of something that they might bring up to try and resolve an issue at the worst possible moment. Encouraging someone to not let something go but to keep pushing for resolution/drama/shitshow material. They probably are. But they are doing it to everyone at different times, which makes it impossible to know who should be held accountable for acting like an asshole at a particular moment. 

BBHN and Gundysgirl, I am a big fan of your posts, and I take your point about the slippery slope.  It's a weak argument to use to defend the actions of any HW -- I agree completely.  But having said that and having watched these shows for a number of years and having seen the same pattern repeated year after year (always with the new person) I don't think the idea that a few  well placed, completely "innocent" questions from a producer is out of the question.  I think the difference is that the vets stop falling for it. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, BBHN said:

'm not sure how leaving a restaurant after waiting for someone who is 48 minutes late and couldn't be bothered to inform you that they are going to be late makes the person leaving a snowflake. If anything, it makes the person being late a selfish asshole.

An asshole, or a snowflake. If Dorit feels like someone should be expected to wait almost an hour for her, without giving her any kind of a heads up that she would be late, she could be a snowflake. In the end, I don't really think that Dorit cared that much if Teddi waited for her or not. She just doesn't want anyone to point out how incredibly rude it all was. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Isn't Bravo already paying them for the whole season anyway? lol

As far as I knew, they are paid by the season (not filming minutes)

There is a part of me that thinks Teddy was ready to leave at the Duh-rit is 20 minutes late mark. Then I think Production asked her to stay longer as per whatever agreement they made with Plan Check.

The only one who benefited was the mactor waiter who got some air time and a new line on his resume.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Jel said:

BBHN and Gundysgirl, I am a big fan of your posts, and I take your point about the slippery slope.  It's a weak argument to use to defend the actions of any HW -- I agree completely.  But having said that and having watched these shows for a number of years and having seen the same pattern repeated year after year (always with the new person) I don't think the idea that a few  well placed, completely "innocent" questions from a producer is out of the question.  I think the difference is that the vets stop falling for it. 

I think this is probably right. The vets don't fall for it if it happens. Or in some cases they don't probably need the prompting that someone new might need to keep things going. 

• Love 4

My dislike for Dorit just grows and grows. I'm sorry (not really), but if someone shouts at me that I'm a stupid C-word, I'm not lady enough to turn the other cheek and not endowed with enough "sense of humour" to laugh it off. Yes, I'm on Team Teddi about the restaurant, too. If I'm meeting someone, as I often do in my line of work, and am running even five minutes late, I call or text (depending on whether or not I'm driving) to say so. It's not hard.

I don't care much, to put it lightly, for Erika and never have. Still, I can understand and empathise with her fears for her husband and for her life after he's gone.

Rinna was all too happy, it seems, to bring back that bit of gossip about Ken. As others have said, assault doesn't necessarily mean physical assault, though this suit is alleging a physical assault.  *sigh* I used to like Rinna.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Oh I believe SF is WAY worse!  I drove in the city once.  Never again.  I will be a passenger.  By the way, I LOVE SF!  First time I went as an adult by myself (ok, it was with a cute boy) I was stunned to see people park on the sidewalk.  We also went to the Haight Street Fair.  It was a trip!  

My sister and I were talking about this last night.  She asked is Dorit really a liar and lame or just creating problems for a storyline.  I think its both.  I think she and PK NEED this gig like no other.  Didn't they just lower their house by a million?  Shit stirring for stories!

And it’s awful not just in SF—the time I quoted is in a suburb! And I know your area, too—lived there for a while :) Hope you survived the crazy recent storms with no damage.

In any event I agree. I think Dorit and the truth have a little bit of a loose relationship. And she wants drama. Why not bring Boy George back? So much more fun than calling Camille nasty names. Unfortunately I think she’s taken on Rinna as a role model. Wonder if next season, she’ll announce that she’s little Jagger’s momager. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ivygirl said:

No matter what, the tack Dorit should’ve taken would be apologetic, not apoplectic.

I had a friend who would pull the stuff Dorit was doing (except she’d use her kids, and other friends, as her excuse). “I thought we said 4:30, not 3:30.” “I just don’t have time to get things done, because Kid 1 had to do x and Kid 2 needed y, and...” “I ran into so-and-so and I haven’t seen her in a million years, and I just lost track of time.” Basically, it was my fault that she was 1/2 hour plus late, consistently, because I had crazy notions about “being on time” and “being responsible” and, you know, watching a clock. If she wasn’t plain-old late, she’d text me five minutes before we were going to meet to tell me (after I’d driven 1/2 hour to her house in a small community with nowhere to kill time) she needed an extra half hour or whatever. (Of course, one time I got to her house a couple minutes early and she blamed me for being late because her oven clock said a minute after the hour.) If she wasn’t a super-old friend, I wouldn’t have put up with it as long as I did—but yeah it got REALLY OLD and she refused to take my feelings into consideration, so now I see her like once or twice a year.

Phew, sorry ;)

So watching Dorit do that to Teddi? I’m like, nip it in the bud, sister, and come with receipts.

I think we know the same person.  I had one just like her and like you she was a very old friend.  Looking back now I can't believe it put up with it as long as I did.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I re-watched the episode

That is what I figured as well, though it was odd that none of the three people in the meeting corrected her, and one said it was an ambitious timeline. I still think it is odd that Dorito apparently showed her collection in October of 2017 but when filming in July did not even have a name decided on, and was at the point in production of drawing swimsuits onto paper mannequins in a notebook. 

Speaking of Dorito, I was in the supermarket lineup flipping through an "Us" magazine, and who should be in it but Dorito. I just checked and the article is online. It is about her selling her house. There is only one pic of Dorito (and none of PK - amazing!) and she looks really odd. She is sitting at a weird angle and her left hip has an large, odd bump. I though maybe her pants were just blending in with the pillow but there does seem to be a separation of the two in the pic. Of course she name drops Boy George and Billy Joel's names, and claims that she and PK spend most of their time in their master bedroom, which can pack 25 people. Ya can't make this stuff up! (Maybe that is where the coke parties are? She does talk about a guest having a mild heart attack in her bathroom. Again, can't make this stuff up - lol). Dorito claims that they are moving because the kids need to have a spacious yard. Odd, because she said previously she gave up her last swimwear line because PK wanted to start a family with her. They have only lived in the house for 4 years, and Jagger is three and Phoenix 23 months. So she got pregnant soon after moving in. Would that not have occurred to them then to buy a house with a big yard? But of course they don't really own the house (someone has posted here previously that it is mostly owned by a partner of PK's) and beggars (or grifters) can't be choosers. 

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, ivygirl said:

Rinna and her mouth. Seriously, she couldn’t WAIT to bring up LVP’s legal stuff at the table. Such garbage to do that.

Rinna is not a good actress. I know the producers push for topics to be mentioned, but Rinna is so bad at how she does it. 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I'm also on on the Camille side about Dorit drinking too much. She didn't accuse Dorit of being an alcoholic.

I'm anti Kyle for trying to excuse Dorit's behavior. She did nothing to diffuse the situation by sticking up for Dorit. Hey how about you  understand and validate Camille's feelings on the subject matter

As that scene played out, I was remembering back to the whole "Camille is a liar" storyline from season 1. 

Camille didn't call out Dorit as an alcoholic as you did to your sister, Kyle. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

That is what I figured as well, though it was odd that none of the three people in the meeting corrected her, and one said it was an ambitious timeline. I still think it is odd that Dorito apparently showed her collection in October of 2017 but when filming in July did not even have a name decided on, and was at the point in production of drawing swimsuits onto paper mannequins in a notebook. 

Speaking of Dorito, I was in the supermarket lineup flipping through an "Us" magazine, and who should be in it but Dorito. I just checked and the article is online. It is about her selling her house. There is only one pic of Dorito (and none of PK - amazing!) and she looks really odd. She is sitting at a weird angle and her left hip has an large, odd bump. I though maybe her pants were just blending in with the pillow but there does seem to be a separation of the two in the pic. Of course she name drops Boy George and Billy Joel's names, and claims that she and PK spend most of their time in their master bedroom, which can pack 25 people. Ya can't make this stuff up! (Maybe that is where the coke parties are? She does talk about a guest having a mild heart attack in her bathroom. Again, can't make this stuff up - lol). Dorito claims that they are moving because the kids need to have a spacious yard. Odd, because she said previously she gave up her last swimwear line because PK wanted to start a family with her. They have only lived in the house for 4 years, and Jagger is three and Phoenix 23 months. So she got pregnant soon after moving in. Would that not have occurred to them then to buy a house with a big yard? But of course they don't really own the house (someone has posted here previously that it is mostly owned by a partner of PK's) and beggars (or grifters) can't be choosers. 

I think the reason why the 3 people didn't correct her is because they are just there for a paycheck. I would not be surprised if she found them on Instagram.

As far as Dorit, she lies. There is a video of her showing off the house when she first started on this show. She mentions said piano and that Billy Joel gave it to PK for his 40th birthday. She says it as though she was there when he got it. This would have happened in 2007.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Has anything been said that would hint that she won't be taken care of when he passes?

I THINK I read there is a prenup and she gets so much per year they are together. He has kids someplace. She will be taken care of but will not get everything. He has several law suits against him as well???

1 hour ago, blondiek237 said:

I think we know the same person.  I had one just like her and like you she was a very old friend.  Looking back now I can't believe it put up with it as long as I did.

Me too and she no longer does it. I finally gave up and either left after 20 minutes or refuse to go out with her. She now leaves early and/or calls and says - I may be late.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Pasadena is 15 min with no traffic from the building they showed. The freeway you have to take is the first or second in L.A.  so it's quite awful and I understand keeping and office/apartment.

As for community property, that doesn't kick in, in CA unless divorce without and airtight prenup. Death is all will and estate law so I'm sure Erika is fine.  The times we've seen them together, i must admit there seems to be an affection between the two. 

Dorit can suck it.  I want her off my screen.   

The Arroyo Seco Parkway portion of the 110 is the oldest freeway in the Western US, but it's not that bad.  The shitty part is getting on and off it up there because it doesn't really have on ramps so you are joining freeway traffic from a dead stop.  If you are already on because you're coming from the Four Level (i.e. in this instance you started on the 101 in Hollywood) you don't have to worry about that.  It's a little curvy, but it isn't a big deal if you are used to it.  Worse to me is the 405 through the Sepulveda pass when it is super foggy.

3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I'm meeting someone at The Grove later tonight well after rush hour.  I live 2.5 miles away and will be taking surface streets (mainly a secondary thoroughfare).  I'm giving myself 30 minutes and I'll probably end up being a couple minutes late if parking is a clusterfuck.  Since it is January, I'm hoping it won't be.  Anyway, did Dorit say she was just leaving her house when she called?  It sounded like she was already on her way.

• Love 2