Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/8/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I agree it was very unnecessary and just shit stirring bait, but what she actually said was "this is why people hate journalists." To which I say, which people? Your people? You? Your plagiarizing husband? 45? Making a loaded statement with feathers.

What Meghan needs to say is "people hate journalists who say things they don't agree with".  She worked at Fox News.  Did she hate all her fellow co-workers?  Paula is still employed by the View. Does she hate her too?

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Prairiemakeup said:

Haleth, Wendy W has Graves Disease and “bug eyes” are a symptom. She addressed that earlier this week on her show. Just FYI.

Now I feel bad for being so distracted by WW's face. Surely, though, makeup artists could do something to soften her look. 

Who here is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan?

That must be me. ?

6 minutes ago, General Days said:

This week, it occurred to me that Meghan McCain is picking up the Willow Rosenberg Hideous Shirt and Sweater banner. The cryptkeeper lipstick? I've got nothing. I just don't think it would be that difficult to make up this young woman's face and do her hair. She's got beautiful skin, nice coloring, those pretty blue eyes, and her hair is a good shade of blonde for her complexion. I suspect she's giving hair and makeup too much input and she should just let them work their magic.

When I was looking for more examples of Willow's shirts, I ran across a Buzzfeed post (but the pictures quality is poor), so I gave up my search: https://www.buzzfeed.com/bprofitt/the-definitive-ranking-of-willows-sweaters-on-buf-v954?utm_term=.aeyYa9oyx#.fydvoDbdW

btvs willow blue yellow butterfly.jpg

LOL.  Now all MM needs to add some red to her hair.  Or, as you suggested, just let the makeup/hair people work their magic.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Wendy is so annoying. Her voice, her gestures, her bug eyes, her tabloid show worthy comments. Ugh. 

That is just typical for her, isn't it? The tabloid show worthy comments? From the few clips I've seen (I never watch her show in full), that's how she is.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

A weird disconnect to me.  Sunny was very emotional in talking about Haiti and her family members.  This was moments after a facebook comment appeared on the screen, agreeing with trump's comment, and saying if people thought Haiti was so great, they should move there.  How hurtful that the show producers decided to air that comment!  I can't imagine what Sunny would think if she watches the show back and sees that.  

They REALLY need to get rid of the social media comments during the show.   Especially since they talk about how people use social media to attack others, to make hateful comments, etc.  And then  "when are we going to stop attacking each other?"  (during the fat-shaming discussion)  Why not start with the FB and twitter comments on their OWN show? 

PREACH!

54 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That must be why Whoopi was there today. To interview HM and DS.  And yes, Helen is exquisite.  (I'll have what she's having.)

The movie sounds interesting. My husband often jokes that when he retires we're going to do a cross country trip in an RV.  Um, no.

This and I also believe because of the comments made by 45, I think, is why she was also on today. Yeah, color me cynical, because you know when it comes to race/racists, Whoopi is the Den Mother who knows all, and is the only one who can speak all, because she remembers "waaay back when" what it "was like." Those are her words, not mine.

50 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

She worked at Fox News.  Did she hate all her fellow co-workers?

Hee! Come on, now. No ONE at that network is a journalist.

• Love 16

Love how Meghan gives the warning and evil eye with her "she's my best friend".  I mean, everyone is her best friend and has supported her with her dad's cancer, but it's irritating how she tries to control the narrative.  

• Love 22
38 minutes ago, General Days said:

Me, too. I still have at least one of their records (from when they were doing the show). Together baby, together baby, baby just you and me, oh how happy we'll be, yeah...

Remember the ice skating?

I do remember the ice skating!!! And I didn't have any of their albums, sad to say. My parents were real strict! BUT! BUT!! My Daddy did take me to see that godawful cheesy movie they did: Goin' Coconuts! Why it's not available to stream or on dvd, is beyond me!

• Love 1

Wendy looked and sounded out of place on this show.  I am not sure how many viewers care about what L Lohan is doing.  She looked more like a drag queen against the backdrop of this cast than in her purple chair.  

They blocked out a lot more than just "bad" words.  Entire sentences were lost.  

4 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Love how Meghan gives the warning and evil eye with her "she's my best friend".  I mean, everyone is her best friend and has supported her with her dad's cancer, but it's irritating how she tries to control the narrative.  

It seemed like she was sure Wendy was going to make a disparaging remark about her BFF.   That was not the tone of the conversation.  She loves to interject which is a very rude thing to do.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What? Donny is 60????!!!!! When did that happen??????? ????There's something funky going on with Marie's upper lip. But I covet her hair. 

And Jeebus Cripes, Sunny! I expected you, of all people to provide all the facts when it came to that one Franco accuser, who said he "forced her" to act out the nude scenes! That was in the script and contract she signed! This "how do we treat these" cases with a whine and helplessness coming from someone who was a former federal prosecutor is just ?????? And how difficult is it to say the words that "the accusations should be investigated," or "the accused should go through due process" etc.? Whoopi and Joy, and even Sunny seemed to be stuck on what words to use.

Though I am with Joy about being very upset at losing Franken. 

uh.... whoopi is ALWAYS stuck on what words to use....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Funny that we have to hear Meghan say everyday "I'm just explaining Trump's base to you!!" etc. etc. But then Sunny directly asks her why something so hate-filled appeals to them, and she has nothing to say... Where was that lecture she usually gives?

I caught that. The camera had both Sunny and Meghan in its view and as Sunny was asking her that, Meghan completely ignored her and did that stupid thing where she plays with her hair.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

In all fairness, Wendy has had so much face work done, it's hard to tell.  Her face is scary.

And I say this as someone with Graves' disease.

I just started watching, and good grief, Meghan doesn't miss a chance to interrupt Joy.  

Dear Meghan,

Your wardrobe people hate you.  Sweaters are not your friend.  ?

Oh, and I'm so glad you can explain and understand Trump's hateful obsessiveness for Obama....you love Trump....admit it.

Kisses, BQ

OK, the constant bleeping has to stop.  If you cannot air it, don't say it!  ? 

I didn't know about her Graves disease, but it wasn't even her eyes that caught me up. It was the immobility of her face. 

Does anyone know, do the hosts have any say over what they'll wear? I mean, this isn't a scripted drama where there could be a reason to make Willow wear the pelt of Elmo, or as Sep called it, make her look like a refugee from Fraggle Rock

10 minutes ago, buffynut said:

That must be me. ?

You don't say! (There must be more than two of us, though.)

I just watched the Megyn Kellly (and for heaven's sake, can all the Megans in the English speaking world just get together and agree on a spelling of their name?) and Janice Dean (?) segments. I don't even know what to say about the body shaming thing. Kelly's walk-back came off as so insincere. Wendy's delivery was perfect with the "she's so authentic," crack.

I appreciated McCain's input on the issue, when she usually sets my teeth on edge. It was a good segment (imo). Sunny's comments were good, too. 

I'm embarrassed to admit I'm a little excited about Joy and MM making over each other's dressing rooms, even though the contrivance is beyond transparent.  I wonder what's the truth behind it, though. I wonder if they will really get final approval/disapproval of proposed changes. 

Donald Sutherland ran roughshod over the Buffy the Vampire Slayer film (per Joss, anyhow), so I wasn't prepared to enjoy his appearance, but then he just seemed so sweet. (Also, I keep worrying #metoo stories will break about Whedon, which is neither here nor there.) 

Helen Mirren is a goddess. I thought she brought great perspective to the nude scene/love scene conversation. Their movie looks cute, too. 

15 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Almost every other channel is blatantly saying the word. I know ABC models itself as a "family network," but they might as well cut the shit and say it as well. 

I really feel TV journalists and networks need to take a stand and use the word, time of day regardless, and then fight any ensuing fines by arguing they're reporting what the POTUS is saying. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

MM looks like a corpse.

The purple lip color makes her teeth look grey.  I'm surprised her mom or husband doesn't let her know how bad she looks.....and then with her arrogant personality.....well....???

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Ah, ok.  Thanks for the information.  I apologize for being insensitive.

I don't think you were insensitive at all.  Wendy's face is scary.  And the way she sits with her nose in the air is so off putting.  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

I really feel TV journalists and networks need to take a stand and use the word, time of day regardless, and then fight any ensuing fines by arguing they're reporting what the POTUS is saying. 

I believe some of them are citing this very reason as to why they aren't blanking out the word.

• Love 8

That must be why Whoopi was there today. To interview HM and DS.  And yes, Helen is exquisite.  (I'll have what she's having.)

The movie sounds interesting. My husband often jokes that when he retires we're going to do a cross country trip in an RV.  Um, no.

The book was very funny. I can't wait to see if the movie does it justice. My husband says the same thing, and I think I'm game!

Helen Mirren is a goddess

That she is, classy woman.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I caught that. The camera had both Sunny and Meghan in its view and as Sunny was asking her that, Meghan completely ignored her and did that stupid thing where she plays with her hair.

I can explain some of trumps base better then MM since I grew up in middle America (she didnt), in a blue collar/middle class family( she didnt), with an overly religious section of my family (maybe she did) .plus going growing up with future Trump supporters as friends and classmates (maybe she did).  With that said, if I said out loud I could explain his base..and someone asks me a question about a particular topic..i better have an answer..or else is have to be quiet.

Keke Palmer was decent...sadly Wendy Williams wad out of her depth.  Who are the guest co hosts next week??

Whoopi had always fascinated me...sometimes I love her, other times I dont....but when she acted primarily..she was always likable and didn't always play herself.  With that said, she's been nicer to Sunny this far in 2018.

When is Sara coming back???

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Funny that we have to hear Meghan say everyday "I'm just explaining Trump's base to you!!" etc. etc. But then Sunny directly asks her why something so hate-filled appeals to them, and she has nothing to say... Where was that lecture she usually gives?

Meghan can't give a lecture answering that question.  There is no way to spin it in a good way.

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Meghan can't give a lecture answering that question.  There is no way to spin it in a good way.

Except to say, he's said worse and the base wasn't bothered. I believe what Meg said is true.

1 minute ago, ButterQueen said:

Helen Mirren is gorgeous! 

Its that rosy toned L'oreal product she uses, lol..I now use it as well, to look like Helen.

Wendy Williams wad out of her depth.

She's lost too much weight, she looks scary!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NeverLate said:

The book was very funny. I can't wait to see if the movie does it justice. My husband says the same thing, and I think I'm game!

The movie looks good and we will be going to see it.  I have always wanted to explore America in an RV.  However, after taking a few roadtrips with the normally wonderful Mr. Moving I have decided that it  would not be good for my marriage.  :)  Nothing horrible happened but being in such close quarters 24/7 caused us to start bickering when we always get along so great.  I guess neither one of us are very good travelers. 

• Love 5

Haven't seen today's episode, can't wait, I adore Helen Mirren. But, here's the deal...what in the hell happened to Marie Osmond's face?  My God, she looked strange.  Is it a new nose? She didn't need one. Lord Lord Lord.  I just don't understand all this insane plastic surgery. Example, Faye Dunaway, she scares the crap out of me now. 

• Love 7

Sigh.  MM couldn't answer Sunny's awesome question because she doesn't have a clue abt Drumpf's base, except what Faux News says, and they don't even have enough BS to spin racism, sexism, and hate into something palatable to other Americans.  

Thanks to Lexy, Green Knight, Ladyrain, susieq147, , and always, GScorpios,  for spot-on comments exceedingly well written on flip-flop comments by MM. 

So, MM's daddy watches everyday and she may be acting nastily towards Joy to please him???? I will model my disgust based on the gist of Sunny's question above, "Why would Daddy like something so hate-filled...... ? " 

MM asking abt Lohan's  accent in a valley girl  voice corroded with vocal fry was so incredibly self-unaware.  Doesn't she watch/hear herself??????   Doesn't she realize that that type of voice sounds astoundingly ignorant, not young and cute, especially on a 33 year old woman (who looks like a well-preserved 50 year old with her hair up). 

Finally, big sigh again, hating journalists. So many great posts above, i.e., Faux friends/journalists, her own plagiarizing hubbie, history/current events of dictatorial governments around the world shutting down print, audio, and video social media when taking power,  and most of all,  the fucking awesome First Amendment of the greatest country on Earth!!!!!! 

How proud her dad must be. :/

Edited by Tosia
Unbelievable.
  • Love 17

Tosia honey, you nailed it, a 50 year old white woman with her hair up....that's MM....God, I hate her. I'm in a good mood today and refuse to watch the show right now...but I will, because I can't control myself. Thanks for making me really smile today!!!! ?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, General Days said:

Does anyone know, do the hosts have any say over what they'll wear? I mean, this isn't a scripted drama where there could be a reason to make Willow wear the pelt of Elmo, or as Sep called it, make her look like a refugee from Fraggle Rock.  

I remember Jedi once saying that because she was expected to wear short skirts at Fox, she would sometimes choose pants from the clothes The View stylists picked out for her.  So that made me think they do have some say over what they wear. 

• Love 5

I know the View has a person in charge of wardrobe but I thought I read somewhere Whoopi wears her own clothes.  

Someone Meghan's age should know what does and doesn't look good on her.   All the other co hosts (minus Whoopi) always look nice.  Maybe someone in wardrobe doesn't like Meghan.   

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

I know the View has a person in charge of wardrobe but I thought I read somewhere Whoopi wears her own clothes.  

Someone Meghan's age should know what does and doesn't look good on her.   All the other co hosts (minus Whoopi) always look nice.  Maybe someone in wardrobe doesn't like Meghan.   

Some one in hair, makeup and wardrobe apparently don't like her.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Maybe someone in wardrobe doesn't like Meghan.   

You took the words right out of my mouth.  The lipstick was horrendous and that hairdo that she seems to love is so unbecoming for someone with a roundish face.  As someone posted here this week, a nice bouncy chin length bob would look so cute on her.

I kept staring at Wendy Williams' nose each time she spoke.  It's going into Michael Jackson territory.

ETA---Brain freeze.  I was thinking makeup/hair when I read "wardrobe."  Her wardrobe needs work, too.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 1

Can we please be done with Wendy Williams as a guest on the show? She was a distraction and added nothing to the show. I'm as p.o.'ed as Joy appeared that she was there to promote her own show. L Lohan, so what, who cares? She should have never been booked. 

• Love 11
On 1/11/2018 at 0:58 PM, General Days said:

Marie looks terrible. The Osmonds tend to have a long space between their noses and upper lips anyhow, but whatever else she's had done (Botox and fillers, clearly, and probably more) has just ruined her naturally beautiful face. She'd look better "old" i.e. natural. Her nose seems to be on course to turn into a Michael Jackson nose. That entire segment was a waste of time. I get that they generally have people on to promote a project -- show, movie, book, album, whatever. I guess skincare is no different, but she really did turn it into a commercial. Waste of the viewers time. 

Did anyone else notice Sunny looked like she just got a bunch of fillers, too? She looked terrible as well, but not nearly as messed up as Marie. 

The space between the upper lip and nose tip is a give away for hollywood nose jobs done 20 yrs ago. Now with lip fillers it can look less obvious but it is a dead give away someone had their nose done. Marie's face is not a result of fillers and botox, that is surgery. Joy gets fillers and botox and it can soften the appearance but doesn't give the face the pulled look like Marie, Nicole Kidman etc. It was so distracting and then to hear her plug her moisturizing line, sure Jan. 

Edited by hudsbee
Spelling
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, hudsbee said:

Joy had the nerve to point out that John left his first wife after she was in a bad car accident for the wealthy, much younger Cindy McCain. She also discussed Cindy's prescription pill problem and the scandal with her charity. This was a long time when politicians were expected to have morals. It definitely made Bitsy spin, who was campaigning hard for McCain, despite her Christian morality.

Edited by hudsbee
technology inept today and cannot get Morgalisa's quote back in
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, hudsbee said:

Joy had the nerve to point out that John left his first wife after she was in a bad car accident for the wealthy, much younger Cindy McCain. She also discussed Cindy's prescription pill problem and the scandal with her charity. This was a long time when politicians were expected to have morals. It definitely made Bitsy spin, who was campaigning hard for McCain, despite her Christian morality.

Ah yes, thanks hudsbee.  Good times.  I couldn't remember the details.

• Love 4

I always wonder about people - say MM or DT, that have to tell us constantly they not only have friends but BFF's and BF's and lots and lots of friends - especially when they are.......I'll leave it at that. I think everyone at the table was a little shocked when MM lashed out to WW today - there was a long pause before WW decided her point was valid and she wouldn't suffer the scorn from her because her point was fine.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, susieq147 said:

And what's with her recent "button covers" a la Quacker Factory (not this fancy, I know) ?  Is she going to mention that "everyone" wants to know the designer...who just happens to be _______ _______one of her very good friends?ButtonCovers.jpg.1123b12d9a65151529895932204a94ac.jpg

8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I always wonder when MM says someone is her best friend if there's someone somewhere thinking, "Damn.  I thought I was her best friend."

Or maybe "Meghan who?"

• Love 14

Whoa, gals, the makeup people truly HATE HATE HATE MM....that lipstick was GROSS...and yes, made her teeth look gray, don't they do camera checks? Good God from Zion, she is nasty enough without the ugly clothes and monster makeup, give her a nice lipstick folks.  All that dark purple goo hurt my very dainty little eyeballs.

• Love 9

As much as I truly do not like MM, I would rather continue to see her on this show than to ever have to put up with seeing Wendy Williams on here ever again. 

If I wanted to see and hear her nonsense, I could have watched her crummy show.  Please spare us.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Whoa, gals, the makeup people truly HATE HATE HATE MM....that lipstick was GROSS...and yes, made her teeth look gray, don't they do camera checks? Good God from Zion, she is nasty enough without the ugly clothes and monster makeup, give her a nice lipstick folks.  All that dark purple goo hurt my very dainty little eyeballs.

Doesn't Meghan look in the mirror before she walks out of the makeup room?

• Love 7

Guess not.

She saves up all her makeup/hair checking once she gets in her chair at the panel.   

So unprofessional to be constantly looking up to see if you are in the shot.   AND  stop playing with your hair when it is down. .....that is camera basics 101. 

Jebus, woman, learn something abt ANYTHING before you go on tv again.  

So, you're openly mean and snotty to Joy cuz she told the truth on your gangsta family years ago. If you didn't continue to make it an issue, it would escape the notice of most folks. 

Oh, and hate is not attractive inside nor out. 

Edited by Tosia
Defending the indefensible is kinda dumb to put on display.
  • Love 12

Rihanna recently came out with a purple, green, and blue lipstick (along with many others) so those colours are in style. I didn't think it looked too bad on Meghan.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:18 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

They had one...sara Haines but she's on maternity leave.

I wouldn't classify Sara as an Independent though. She does look at things from both sides, but I think someone who has been looking at politics for awhile and isn't with the two major parties would have provided more insight as to why there's a significant group that doesn't believe in the news. It's not just Trump, which is what Joy and the panel were saying. And it's not just his base that feel this way.

I don't want to expand on this more since it's off topic, but I just want someone who has always been an independent there because there's more than Democrats and Republican voices needed on the View.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 1