Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/8/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, susieq147 said:

I read a quote once that said as you get older you get the face you deserve.  Meghan is in big trouble 

/me looks at the mirror.  Suddenly it all makes sense LOL

• Love 9

I didn’t have power for a few days.   Catching up a bit on last weeks shows.   

My random thoughts 

i like Paula and Joy a lot.  Joy does not seem to like Paula very much.  It’s uncomfortable as a viewer.  Megan goes after Joys opinions a lot but Joy seems to enjoy it.   

Megan is hit or miss with me.   She does sometimes have interesting points but presents them poorly.   Her saying she was being lectured was strange.   Maybe she is just use to be surrounded by people who only share her point of view.  

Maybe I look at too many hidden meanings in things but when the senator shared the story about Megan saying not to go after a preacher then said John lost it sounded like it was Megan fault.  Megan also said it was a different time.  So she would go after the preacher?   It was strange thing to say after she seemsed so proud of her first position.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Tammee said:

/me looks at the mirror.  Suddenly it all makes sense LOL

I finally understand why I’m so gorgeous! ;)

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

My random thoughts 

i like Paula and Joy a lot.  Joy does not seem to like Paula very much.  It’s uncomfortable as a viewer.  Megan goes after Joys opinions a lot but Joy seems to enjoy it.   

Megan is hit or miss with me.   She does sometimes have interesting points but presents them poorly.   Her saying she was being lectured was strange.   Maybe she is just use to be surrounded by people who only share her point of view.  

Maybe I look at too many hidden meanings in things but when the senator shared the story about Megan saying not to go after a preacher then said John lost it sounded like it was Megan fault.  Megan also said it was a different time.  So she would go after the preacher?   It was strange thing to say after she seemsed so proud of her first position.  

This statement tells the tale of her perceived role on this show.   She feels she was hired to give the republican perspective to educate them.  She hoped they would say, 'oh yes, I can see that now and I get it.'  She approaches this like teaching Algebra to middle school kids.  Explain how it works and the kids click with the logic* and have that ah ha moment.   

She fails to see that they and we know the republican perspective, very well!  That is why they and most of us here voted for Hilary and Obama!  

I must have missed the preacher segment.  Is the John you speak of McCain?   Preachers, ministers, priests are no different than anyone else.  Was the point that she should not go after a guy who has a job in a church? 

* assuming algebra has logic 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

My random thoughts 

Joy and Paula might not agree politically but they are friends.

• Love 5

I said I'd check back with a short review of my time in the audience of  The View this past Thursday.  Had Priority tickets, was to be there at 9a.  got there at 8:59a and walked right in.  The holding area is the cafeteria for the building, you sit at table, there"s a Starbucks there (you pay on your own).  For the bathrooms, you stand in a god awful long line,  but NOT FOR THE BATHROOM, its a line to take you to the line for the bathroom.  Apparently we can't wander about the ABC building.  so you wait in a line, then an intern takes 10 at a time to the actual 4 stall bathroom, when you're done, you wait for everyone else to be done and she walks you back to the cafeteria and takes in the next batch of 10.   

So now we're back in the cafeteria and the staff is moving people around.  They act like their making room for others to sit, but in reality they're figuring out who is gonna sit where once in the studio.  From what I gather, that spot that they think is key is the section behind Whoppi and the section behind Meghan. They want the pretty people with the bright colors sitting there. 

At about 10:35 ish, they start shuffling us into the studio (which is soooo much smaller that I imagined)  The lame comic from the cafeteria is in the studio telling us the director's clapping cues.   

Its 11a and the show starts.  we don't hear the lady voice over that we hear on TV, the Ladies are mike'd for TV and we have a hard time hearing them, if there's applause while they're talking you don't hear a thing they're saying. 

Commercial breaks....the ladies act like we are NOT EVEN THERE.  their make up people come out, fix a curl and powder them up.  The guest host Nicole, was AMAZING to us.  She stayed and chatted at each break.  Joy one word answered one question during a Q&A that was like 20 seconds long.  The audience is nothing but a prop for them.  When the show was over, that gals just get up and leave.  yeah, whatever.  

We had heavy topics, abortion and the Garcia Family, (the son breaking down and crying was felt by all).  

All in all, it was somewhat what I expected, but was a little disappointed that the gals didn't engage us.  

(please excuse grammar and typos, I was out of office for 4 days and am sneaking this review in.....LOL. This is way more important)  

• Love 3

Thanks for the behind the scenes look, Diva. It's too bad but doesn't surprise me that no one interacts with the audience, except for Yvette.  (I think I've heard Sara does, but I guess doing the show 5 days a week makes the rest take the audience for granted.)  It must have been heart wrenching watching the Garcia family in their grief. 

33 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Thanks for the behind the scenes look, Diva. It's too bad but doesn't surprise me that no one interacts with the audience, except for Yvette.  (I think I've heard Sara does, but I guess doing the show 5 days a week makes the rest take the audience for granted.)  It must have been heart wrenching watching the Garcia family in their grief. 

I was with 17 year old daughter and her bestie.  My daughter I often refer to having a heart of stone.  The girl NEVER cries.  LOL.  I looked at her through my tears and she was crying!   When the show was over, Whoppi told the "booth" to leave Mr. Garcia on the satellite so his family can talk to him in the green room.  Sure, they could always facetime, but I don't think that Whoopi thinks that way, I know I don't.  LOL. It was a sweet gesture on Whoopi's part.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Commercial breaks....the ladies act like we are NOT EVEN THERE.  their make up people come out, fix a curl and powder them up.  The guest host Nicole, was AMAZING to us.  She stayed and chatted at each break.  Joy one word answered one question during a Q&A that was like 20 seconds long.  The audience is nothing but a prop for them.  When the show was over, that gals just get up and leave.  yeah, whatever.  

But, didn't Whoopi give you a personal "WELCOME TO THE VIEW?"   

No one talks during commercial break on any talk show.   One reason, production does not want conversation to continue without viewers watching.  We would think, shit! what did I miss? 

Another reason is the strain on the hosts to change gears and do fan chit chat.  They are at work and focued on their job.   I totally get that.  Yvette was happy to do that as a guest host. That makes sense.

Dr Phil does that and so did Oprah.  That is the way it is.  

Interesting they are miced for the taping not the studio.  That would be annoying.

Edited by Wings
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

Thanks for the behind the scenes tidbits, TV Diva Queen. Where did you get seated?  

I was the top row, pretty much even with Joy and Sunny.  There were no cameras or monitors blocking my sight lines, I noticed there were several sections where you couldn't see the ladies at all.  

• Love 1
On 1/23/2018 at 2:22 PM, Wings said:

No one talks during commercial break on any talk show.   One reason, production does not want conversation to continue without viewers watching.  We would think, shit! what did I miss? 

Another reason is the strain on the hosts to change gears and do fan chit chat.  They are at work and focued on their job.   I totally get that.  Yvette was happy to do that as a guest host. That makes sense.

Interesting they are miced for the taping not the studio.  That would be annoying.

Not in this case.  They're getting hair and make up touch ups and Joy was continually texting.  They talk and giggle amoungst themselves, they could simply acknowledge us a one second.  That's kind of part of their job too..

The curtain has been lifted and I'm not enjoying the TV show as much as I have before.  Same thing with Judge Mathis.  I haven't looked at him the same since he made us wait 4 hours for him to literally drive from Detroit to Chicago.  The PA's kept lying to us, then comes a point when you're waiting when you're like "ok, I'm past the point of no return, I have to ride this out".  He didn't say ONE WORD to us, no "hello", no "thanks for waiting"....oh wait, he did say something "I will not sign books that you brought in, but I will sign books that you purchase from Doyle".  WHAAAAATTTT?????  Sorry - I got a little off track there.  :)

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

The curtain has been lifted and I'm not enjoying the TV show as much as I have before. 

I know what you mean.  No mystique any more.  Best not to see these shows live.   All of the screaming prompting makes me nuts, too.  Although my daughter saw one of Letterman's last shows & found it enjoyable.

• Love 1
On 1/23/2018 at 3:22 PM, Wings said:

From what Ive heard from some folks who went to the show, Kelly Ripa does go into the audience during commercial breaks.  Different show though. 

• Love 1