Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/8/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Kenz said:

But she is a "political commentator" according to her description of herself. Surely she could come up with a question or two for a US Senator who was given plenty of interview time on the show. Instead she sat there looking blank while others did ask RELEVANT questions.

Well the others were pretty quiet, what a delight. Even my husband watched.

2 hours ago, Catnip said:

I think I beat you with the eye-rolling when someone on the panel suggested 'Whoopi' should run for President!  I also agree we need a candidate with government experience or the very least a constitutional law degree.  It appears we've reached a time in our history where we've over-glorified celebrities. The Rock...Tom Hanks?  No, just NO!

They’ve joked about Whoopi running for President multiple times on the show and although I doubt she’d ever do it, I wish they would stop. It’s such an obvious form of ass-kissing and Whoopi probably knows it, too.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

The person who told me said plus but probably meant prime. I dont have it so...just passing along the info if it is worth any help

OT Probably a record set for being a best seller even before it was released.  You get it free with an  audible trial. There is 2 + week wait even for prime members.

It will be good to see him on the show (even though I've seen him numerous times  find him legit as a lot has already been revealed and I'm glad Ana will be on that day. Sour faced "never Trump"  MM will attempt to take him down, I predict FAIL  

Pass on Marie Osmond as she will complain about having to work with her brother. 

Helen is probably on for her new movie "Winchester" which was filmed down the street from me and a big part of San Jose history. 

Lindsey is just part  of the majority of the right who kiss ass but in private slam him , now it will all come to light. Hope the panel can take turns with the interview. 

Bastard  uncle? What the heck? Classy.  Is that implication her mother had sex with him?  I can't figure out how you are a bastard uncle.  After listening and watching her I don't even believe her when. she said she didn't vote for Trump. 

shoot  I thought they announced Wednesday was when Wolf was on. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Yes please, GO Meghan. ...go far away!  So we don't have to watch your entitled ass lol.

LOL, I really dont think she minds this gig, kinda like the others, easy money for an hours work a day..I'd take it..

1 minute ago, NeverLate said:

LOL, I really dont think she minds this gig, kinda like the others, easy money for an hours work a day..I'd take it..

They do discuss hot topics before the show and have the after-show online discussion.  I don' tknow how much more than an hour that involves

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Tanya is being presented as a victim. 

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

Alison Janney has been doing the interview circuit and she most definitely speaks about Tonya being the victim of a terrible mother and making it to the top under duress. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Umm, not to be nitpicky, okay, okay, I am being nitpicky, but those that know me, know I'm anal about this, but it's Tonya. With an 'o.' 

Okay, going back to my corner now.

Thank you!  I am a stickler for this too.  I just copied the spelling in the post above me.  Lol 

1 minute ago, merriebreeze said:

As Joy or someone said, the important thing is that Trump is defeated. As much as I think that a non-celebrity type who has political experience is preferable, if it takes an Oprah then so be it. RO tweets that Oprah is the opposite of Trump. We need the opposite of Trump. A "stable genius" . . . please. Whether it's Oprah or The Rock (or "A Rock" per Ana N), the important thing is that Trump is out of office, the sooner the better.

I agree!!  

Oprah or Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) would choose a good VP and cabinet with the experience needed.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

As Joy or someone said, the important thing is that Trump is defeated. As much as I think that a non-celebrity type who has political experience is preferable, if it takes an Oprah then so be it. RO tweets that Oprah is the opposite of Trump. We need the opposite of Trump. A "stable genius" . . . please. Whether it's Oprah or The Rock (or "A Rock" per Ana N), the important thing is that Trump is out of office, the sooner the better.

I  am coming around to the notion of an Oprah candidacy. She is super smart, and she has tons of managerial experience. Think how she could inspire the country. If she had a VP with government experience that might be an unbeatable combination. Oprah could probably take on the haters well too, because she has extreme confidence and an attitude that would overcome negativity. How great it would be to have Oprah as the first woman President. 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, Wings said:

Alison Janney has been doing the interview circuit and she most definitely speaks about Tonya being the victim of a terrible mother and making it to the top under duress. 

Tonya did have a terrible mother and did make it to the top under duress, that's undeniable.  This has nothing to do with TH definitely not being a victim when it comes to the Nancy Kerrigan attack.  

• Love 6
Just now, sugarbaker design said:

Tonya did have a terrible mother and did make it to the top under duress, that's undeniable.  This has nothing to do with TH definitely not being a victim when it comes to the Nancy Kerrigan attack.  

Of course not. I hope I didn't imply that.  I was just stating  what Janney was saying in her interviews.  I am the messenger! Don't shoot.  Lol

I will say this, as much as I kinda hate Lindsay Graham, he gave me the biggest belly laugh I have had in weeks, the genius comment. THAT WAS A GOOD ONE.  He wasn't anywhere as bad as I expected him to be, which isn't saying much. I enjoyed the show for once. Love having Ana every day!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

No, she's not a quitter. Go Meghan! 

But her job description includes showing a Republican perspective.  Therefore she should ask this articulate Republican senator many questions to illustrate Republican values.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, mbutterfly said:

But her job description includes showing a Republican perspective.  Therefore she should ask this articulate Republican senator many questions to illustrate Republican values.

I suspect if she did that, she would be called out for one reason or another.Hogging his time etc, she did okay imo. 

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I suspect f he did that, she would be called out for one reason or another.Hogging his time etc, she did okay imo. 

I agree.  She enjoyed  having a familiar republican there and basked in an atmosphere where she felt comfortable and could relax.  What could she have contributed, really?  Best to let him take the floor.  I was fine with that. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Wings said:

I agree.  She enjoyed  having a familiar republican there and basked in an atmosphere where she felt comfortable and could relax.  What could she have contributed, really?  Best to let him take the floor.  I was fine with that. 

Plus, any show is better when it’s almost like she isn’t there.

• Love 18
Just now, Bronzedog said:

Plus, any show is better when it’s almost like she isn’t there.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Yes and I was very aware of how easy this episode was to watch because of that very fact. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I suspect if she did that, she would be called out for one reason or another.Hogging his time etc, she did okay imo. 

Funny, Ana Navarro wasn't shy about asking him questions. That's because she's a true "political commentator", unlike Meghan.

• Love 23
35 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Oprah would quickly grasp how things work and as mentioned above she would surround herself with the best and the brightest. 

Oprah would be smart enough to know what she doesn't know.  She would hire the best of the experts and she would listen to them.  Most importantly, I don't think she would get into Twitter fights with the other world leaders.  Maybe she would give every American a new car.  :)

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, Wings said:

Exactly :)

12 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Oprah would be smart enough to know what she doesn't know.  She would hire the best of the experts and she would listen to them.  Most importantly, I don't think she would get into Twitter fights with the other world leaders.  Maybe she would give every American a new car.  :)

Oprah 2020. She'd have my vote!

24 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Funny, Ana Navarro wasn't shy about asking him questions. That's because she's a true "political commentator", unlike Meghan.

But Ana doesnt have the familiar relationship with him , as Meg does..that's all I meant :-)

• Love 3

Okay, so I’m watching now and already I’m ???at Meghan with her ‘All these protests are good’ blah, blah, blah, “But what’s the next step?” Seriously? Has she NOT been following the stories about what women are talking about what the next steps should be? They’ve all been talking about It since this can of snakes opened!

And Whoopi can SHUT IT with her Faux knowledge and smug superiority that all women who are domestic workers just need to band together and it will stop. No, it won’t because there will always be another woman desperate to work and support her family that she will put up with it. 

And really, Meghan? You don’t know “much” about Oprah? Sure you don’t know her personally, but there is information about her on the internet! She had a network, had a show that ran for 25 YEARS. Has been in movies and television shows. So shut up with your “Duh...I dunno nuttin’ about Oprah” schtick.

And I’m with Sunny-I want someone who has Political Experience to run for the highest office. And I can’t believe NONE of these ladies can think of a single person or two who can. I can think of at least two, but since politics is a no-no, I’ll just leave it at that. Whoever runs can try and get Oprah to stump for them, like she did for President Obama.

Be back later as that lyin’ hypocritical two-faced douche is on next.

OH! And according to the announcer, Wolf will be on Wednesday. Unless the ladies corrected it and said Thursday?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 20

Oooh, Graham with his perfunctory and “correct” answers. He sounds almost sincere. Let’s see if he’ll put his money where helps mouth is. And again, Meghan? What the FUCK does she mean when she refers to Graham as her “bastard” uncle???

Let’s see what happens in part II.

• Love 7

OH! And according to the announcer, Wolf will be on Wednesday. Unless the ladies corrected it and said Thursday?

You are probably right, Scorp. I must have misheard. 

I agree with Sonny that as appealing as a President Oprah sounds, we really need someone who understand how government works. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Then she needs to quit the show, because that's what her job is.

I would prefer MM sit there like a lump of clay rather than being subjected to another MM lip twitching tirade we witnessed last Friday.  

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

You are probably right, Scorp. I must have misheard. 

I agree with Sonny that as appealing as a President Oprah sounds, we really need someone who understand how government works. 

Exactly. Though she’s a successful businesswoman, you can’t run the government like a business.  We are seeing the effects of that right now.

• Love 8

I'm not sure yet how I feel about Oprah possibly running. But I know one thing - to hear her soaring speech last night that was inclusive of all Americans (and the world) was music to my ears.

I saw the first 25 minutes today and then had to leave for an appointment. I've seen a few clips of LG. Good grief, I don't trust him at all. In addition he puts party before country.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 17

This is the thread for discussing a tv show called “The View” and its episodes this week. The majority of recent posts have had nothing to do with The View. 

Posts that are about Meghan McCain in general need to go in her thread. Unrelated John McCain posts need to go on a different message board altogether.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okay, so I’m watching now and already I’m ???at Meghan with her ‘All these protests are good’ blah, blah, blah, “But what’s the next step?” Seriously? Has she NOT been following the stories about what women are talking about what the next steps should be? They’ve all been talking about I since this can of snakes opened!

Seriously vomit-worthy (with a silver spoon)  that MM would dismiss a celebration of women unified and standing up for each other against sexual and all other harrassment last night at the Globes.  MM is completely clueless because she has no concept of this women's movement  revitalization since the second wave  began in the 60's.  She has wealth and a famous father so she never had to work for anything--even on this show her stupidity is glaring, and lack of preparation obvious. 

By asking "What's next?" MM  revealed her complete ignorance of women's issues that have been worked on for decades by dedicated women and men,  and  ON-GOING since the early 60's. 

You think MM would make an effort to LEARN about any issue, but given her lip service about veterans, moreso their needs, including female veterans and active duty staff who face sexual harrassment/rape consistently during their time. 

• Love 13

Really, MM does not understand the point of Times Up. They have raised $15M for legal defense for women and men for workplace sexual harassment and abuse. 

Hope this was ok on this thread because it was the discussion on TV today.

• Love 11

I don't believe Bastard Uncle's story either. It was not solely on Meghan McCain's advice that John McCain didn't go after Obama/Reverend Wright. It might make a nice little story but I don't believe that for a second. I give John McCain a lot more credit than that.

I love Ana Navarro and every time she guest hosts I think Meghan has to know how easily replaceable she can be.

• Love 16

I'm glad they talked about the hypocrisy in Ivanka Trump's tweet about Oprah's speech.. I laughed hysterically at Alyssa Milano's tweet back at her, which was talked about on the show: 

Whoopi suggested that maybe Ivanka's tweet is, in some weird way, a silent "I believe my dad's accusers"? I don't know if I'd go that far so I'm leaning more towards Sunny's assessment: she's just clueless. I also agreed with Meghan McCain (surprisingly) when she said Ivanka Trump will never be able to detach herself from her dad's presidency and legacy (it seems like she's trying). Of course, Meghan had to make it about her, as she kept bringing up her dad. I understand Ivanka Trump simply may have found the speech to be moving and inspiring like everyone else, but the hypocrisy is astounding and whatever she tries to do moving forward, will have the stain of her father's persidency on it.

Pertaining to the mental health of the President, I agree with what Sunny said: attorneys must pass mental evaluations, nearly 90 percent of police officers must also pass mental evaluations, but we don't require that for the most powerful and important position in our nation? Whoopi said that the white house responded to questions about his mental health nearing the date of his physical, saying Trump will absolutely not undergo any mental evaluation. I agree with Whoopi, I think legislation should be required for future presidents to undergo mental evaluations. Why it hasn't been made a requirement decades ago, I'm not sure, but as Whoopi said, the current president is unlike any from year's past and has raised questions we never thought we'd ask.

Ashley Graham is so beautiful! And is it just me or did Greta Gerwig seem stoned or really nervous, lol?

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 7
On 1/5/2018 at 4:16 PM, buffynut said:

MON JAN 8:   SEASON 21, EPISODE 77-  Guest co-host Ana Navarro; Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.); hot items at affordable prices.

TUE JAN 9:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 78 - Guest co-host Ashley Graham; director Greta Gerwig.

WED JAN 10:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 79 - Guest co-host Ana Navarro.

THU JAN 11:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 80 - Guest co-host Keke Palmer; singer Marie Osmond.

FRI JAN 12:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 81 -  Guest co-host Wendy Williams; actors Helen Mirren and Donald Sutherland.

where do you get this info from?  I'm going to a taping on Jan 18 and was wondering how to see who's going to be on with them.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
because I'm going on the 18th and not 17th
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

where do you get this info from?  I'm going to a taping on Jan 17 and was wondering how to see who's going to be on with them.  

That's pretty awesome! I hope you come back and tell us all the things that go on in-between segments that we don't get to see.

• Love 2

Ashley Graham's outfit was driving me nuts.  Every time she was on camera, I wanted to reach out and put those damn straps on her shoulders.

I also really dislike the uncombed look that Greta Gerwig was sporting.  It just looks lazy.

Yes, I'm grumpy today.

• Love 8

Shallow comment alert..just turned on today's view. Haven't read the board yet.

MM's lipstick looks so much nicer today than that ghastly purple mess yesterday.

But who in the heck thinks those little braids look nice on her? I think they make her hair look..I don't know...unwashed?

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

where do you get this info from?  I'm going to a taping on Jan 17 and was wondering how to see who's going to be on with them.  

Usually from either the show's website or tvguide.com which provides who will be on the show that week.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I find zap2it.com has the most complete descriptions, but next week's guests won't show up till the end of the week / weekend. https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/?aid=gapzap

You can also find guests listed under The View's website under tickets, but won't update your date till closer to taping. https://1iota.com/Show/385/The-View

Congrats on getting tickets. Make sure you get there in plenty of time, as sometimes with these shows just having a ticket won't guarantee you get in for the taping. And be sure to come back and give us any tidbits that happen during those LONG commercial breaks.

• Love 2

Next week's guests are already listed on the website:

Monday, 1/15         Open

Tuesday, 1/16         Rob Riggle

Wednesday,1/17     Open

Thursday, 1/18        Yvette Nicole Brown*

Friday, 1/19             Catherine Zeta-Jones, Yvette Nicole Brown*

*Listed for both days

https://1iota.com/Show/385/The-View

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I find zap2it.com has the most complete descriptions, but next week's guests won't show up till the end of the week / weekend. https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/?aid=gapzap

You can also find guests listed under The View's website under tickets, but won't update your date till closer to taping. https://1iota.com/Show/385/The-View

Congrats on getting tickets. Make sure you get there in plenty of time, as sometimes with these shows just having a ticket won't guarantee you get in for the taping. And be sure to come back and give us any tidbits that happen during those LONG commercial breaks.

thank you.  Apparently I have " A Priority" tickets.  then they go to plain old "A", then "B" and so on.....  I read they pick and choose who can even come in, so we will see if we even make the cut.  Impromtu trip to NYC, going with my 17yo daughter and her bestie.  

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

MM's lipstick looks so much nicer today than that ghastly purple mess yesterday.

I liked catching the "clash" when her orange-ish nails were near the lipstick.   The GREEN earrings just topped it all off.

50 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

But who in the heck thinks those little braids look nice on her? I think they make her hair look..I don't know...unwashed?

Maybe you've diagnosed the problem.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Shallow comment alert..just turned on today's view. Haven't read the board yet.

Megan's hair is straight, fine and thin.  When close to her head it makes her slightly overweight body look larger than it is.  I am not fat shaming, just stating fact.  She needs to lose the extensions and go for a shoulder length cut to frame her face.  Beautiful face and much more so with lighter lipstick.  They have makeup and hair people who do everyone before the show so I am surprised they have missed the mark with her. 

I wonder if Ivanka's tweet is the beginning of her distancing herself from her father.  First baby step?  She may be seeing her future laid out in front of her and realizes that it does not include success!   

Love Joy in a jean jacket. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7

As for their working hours, I recall that when Rosie O was on, she wanted them to change start tim from 9 to 8am so people would have more time to prep on hot topics. Miss Whoopi, big surprise. threw a major hissy fit and it has remained 9. I doubt anyone stays after the show (you can probably feel the wind from Whoopi as she dashes out of the building). They are given books and videos to watch in prep as homework and it's sorta easy to see who actually does it (again, Whoopi is the worst!!!!)

• Love 6
On 1/8/2018 at 10:05 AM, Jewlmc said:

I just hate that Tonya is being canonized this way. I don't care about her poor childhood. Boo freaking hoo.  She is not the victim.

I don't see Tonya's being "canonized," and feel that she was a victim in many ways.   There is a great difference between Nancy Kerrigan's loving/supportive "working class" family and Tonya's hardscrabble background (not just financial).   I lean toward defending the simple comments made against her.  I plan to see the movie and watch the 2hr special.  Maybe I'll learn something I don't remember from those days.  I know I had nothing but negative feelings then.  I've grown/seen a lot since then.

Edited by Former Nun
put the "u" in background
  • Love 5