Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/8/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

MON JAN 8:   SEASON 21, EPISODE 77-  Guest co-host Ana Navarro; Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.); hot items at affordable prices.

TUE JAN 9:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 78 - Guest co-host Ashley Graham; director Greta Gerwig.

WED JAN 10:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 79 - Guest co-host Ana Navarro.

THU JAN 11:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 80 - Guest co-host Keke Palmer; singer Marie Osmond.

FRI JAN 12:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 81 -  Guest co-host Wendy Williams; actors Helen Mirren and Donald Sutherland.

• Love 6

If you have Comcast/Xfinity and you record the show on your DVR, make sure it's set up for this week. My DVR is having a lot of glitches this week, where shows that I always record aren't showing up in the queue and I'm having to manually program them in. Including The View.

• Love 2
On 1/7/2018 at 3:52 AM, ChicagoCita said:

If you have Comcast/Xfinity and you record the show on your DVR, make sure it's set up for this week. My DVR is having a lot of glitches this week, where shows that I always record aren't showing up in the queue and I'm having to manually program them in. Including The View.

Omigosh, I had set up a recording of last Friday's show and nothing happened.

Looks a like a good week.  Ana Navarro, Greta Gerwig and Helen Mirren!  I won't be recording Thursday's show.

• Love 1

It will be interesting to hear their comments on the Golden Globes.  In particular, Allison Janey praising Tonya Harding during her acceptance speech. Harding is NOT in any way a hero, is a criminal and was involved in the crime. Now she gets to make $$$ from the movie (she was paid a fee and gets a small percentage of the film's take). She should not be celebrated!

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I couldn't find Sunny's thread. This has to suck!

Just created one.

10 minutes ago, CathinAZ said:

It will be interesting to hear their comments on the Golden Globes.  In particular, Allison Janey praising Tonya Harding during her acceptance speech. Harding is NOT in any way a hero, is a criminal and was involved in the crime. Now she gets to make $$$ from the movie (she was paid a fee and gets a small percentage of the film's take). She should not be celebrated!

THIS. While I can appreciate her talent, just her attitude and response when Nancy Kerrigan had been attacked, made me dislike her intensely. And I wasn't a fan of Kerrigan, either. It's like everything for Tonya should be excused because of her abusive home life.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, CathinAZ said:

I must've watched a different awards show because the word 'hero' did not pass Allison Janney's lips.  Yes, TH was involved in the crime, after the fact, and has paid her debt to society.  The movie just points out in a darkly comic way, how TH was brutalized first by her mother, then by her husband, the real villains of this piece.  AJ also didn't say celebrate, she inferred TH shouldn't be demonized.  Big difference.

• Love 15
51 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Just created one.

THIS. While I can appreciate her talent, just her attitude and response when Nancy Kerrigan had been attacked, made me dislike her intensely. And I wasn't a fan of Kerrigan, either. It's like everything for Tonya should be excused because of her abusive home life.

Thank you. 

• Love 2

I just hate that Tonya is being canonized this way. I don't care about her poor childhood. Boo freaking hoo.  She is not the victim. I don't care WHAT you think  of Nancy, what she said at the olympics, to Mickey Mouse, who she married......SHE was the one who had a Large hulking THUG run at her and hit her with a club. 

And she gets mocked for it.  "Whyyyyyy?"  Yeah why?!!! And of course she cried. Anyone would.

P.S. Nancy's father was a working class Welder who had to work double shifts to pay for Nancy's skating.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 12

Thank you, Sonny, for asking the questions I had, even if Graham's answers were disingenuous (especially about the Steele investigation distraction).  Should have known if anyone would come prepared it would be Sonny.

omigosh, I have the local news on and a reporter was talking to an ice skater. He just fell and cried out "whyyyyy?"  Lol

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8

Is it safe to say i really don't want to watch the View today because i dont want the Crab MM to ruin my high from the Golden Globe speeches?

Edited by Tosia
Mm is a drag.
  • Love 5

My

17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Thank you, Sonny, for asking the questions I had, even if Graham's answers were disingenuous (especially about the Steele investigation distraction).  Should have known if anyone would come prepared it would be Sonny.

omigosh, I have the local news on and a reporter was talking to an ice skater. He just fell and cried out "whyyyyy?"  Lol

My point exactly. Sounds like that guy needs a club taken to him.

• Love 2

I didn't think I liked Lindsey Graham. He's a very measured man.I noticed when he spoke, they didn't do their usual nauseating interrupting. I agree, other presidents didn't get it done with NK, wouldn't it be something if Trump did.! They have always been threatening, always.

Poor Ana, got the side eye from Joy, she had to reach out and touch her arm. Don't bother Ana, she interrupts all the time.

20 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I don't get why Lindsey Graham is so insistent on going after Christopher Steele. If the Russians have kompromat on Trump, which Steele says they do, we should know that. Steele is not the bad guy here.

And I wonder if the Meghan we see today would object to tying Obama to Rev. Wright because "it's not the right thing to do."

Because of Steels wife wasn't it?

Politics is so mucky! 

Poor Meghan, she can never be right. They were itchy to be bitchy today, but not Meg, very calm, and Ana and Meg agreed..;) good show, even my DH watched..lol

Sunny and Ana were the best today. I'm glad Sunny wasn't automatically clamoring for Oprah, questioning why people would want the Left to turn into a celeb machine just like the Right even if Oprah is a class above the current reality star president. Good for Whoopi calling bullshit on Graham's lunatic North Korea comments, too.

After Sunny, Ana was the best during the Graham interview. She asked a particularly good question in the first segment, only for Meghan to jump in really loud and take them to commercial before Graham could flub an answer. Meghan's face during that first segment was so damn creepy. She was like a Church Lady listening to the Gospel. I liked Joy injecting that McCain (the father--aka, the only relevant McCain) said his daughter was a pain in the ass behind-the-scenes when he visited the show last. One of the truest things he's ever spoken, lol.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, Catnip said:

Lindsey Graham on Trump calling himself 'a very stable genius': "If he doesn't call himself a genius, nobody else will."  

LOL, I laughed at that. I'll call call him that if he gets NK to back down. 

I guess everyone has an ear piece, as Whoopi was stumbling to go to break, they threw it to Meghan. Sunny's face when she said she was reading the book, I hope she looks up how many people have called it sleazy..

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Lots of Ana, this week.  Can we wait for the announcement that somebody is leaving to "write a book" and "spend more time with family"?

My thoughts exactly! You can’t tell me the show isn’t auditioning her. 

46 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Surprisingly boring show.  I left after the first half hour.  

I'm with Sunny, though, regarding Oprah running for president.  NO.  Someone with government experience is required.

I was also kind of bored with today’s show. Also, Graham was lying about some things - or at the very least, being disingenuous. And I love Oprah but I also agree with Sunny - no more people without government experience, please. 

About the book - the moment Trump’s lawyers sent the publisher a “cease and desist” is the moment I placed my order on amazon. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 24

My major problem with The Whoopster is that she doesn't know what she doesn't know & babbles on about things she knows nothing about!!  Ya right, a woman working in a coffee shop is going to put her job on the line to "back" another woman that got harassed.    I think not!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
should be is that (not) if that
  • Love 21
Just now, Medicine Crow said:

My major problem with The Whoopster if that she doesn't know what she doesn't know & babbles on about things she knows nothing about!!  Ya right, a woman working in a coffee shop is going to put her job on the line to "back" another woman that got harassed.    I think not!!!

She speaks from a place of privilege and is out of touch with women who do not have her millions and the perks of being a celebrity.  

• Love 22
Just now, Medicine Crow said:

My major problem with The Whoopster if that she doesn't know what she doesn't know & babbles on about things she knows nothing about!!  Ya right, a woman working in a coffee shop is going to put her job on the line to "back" another woman that got harassed.    I think not!!!

Yeah, when she interrupted Sunny to talk about how women working at McDonald’s will suddenly all have each other’s backs, I couldn’t have rolled my eyes any harder.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Yeah, when she interrupted Sunny to talk about how women working at McDonald’s will suddenly all have each other’s backs, I couldn’t have rolled my eyes any harder.

I think I beat you with the eye-rolling when someone on the panel suggested 'Whoopi' should run for President!  I also agree we need a candidate with government experience or the very least a constitutional law degree.  It appears we've reached a time in our history where we've over-glorified celebrities. The Rock...Tom Hanks?  No, just NO!

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Catnip said:

I think I beat you with the eye-rolling when someone on the panel suggested 'Whoopi' should run for President!  I also agree we need a candidate with government experience or the very least a constitutional law degree.  It appears we've reached a time in our history where we've over-glorified celebrities. The Rock...Tom Hanks?  No, just NO!

The Rock? LOL. Great guy, good looking guy, run for President though? Nah.

I agree with Meg, Joe Biden...

Whoopi couldn't handle running, just sayin

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

About the book - the moment Trump’s lawyers sent the publisher a “cease and desist” is the moment I placed my order on amazon. 

Requested it from my library the same day.  I'm number 69 in a line of 364.  There are multiple copies so I will have it within a couple weeks. If they put it up electronically I will download it. 

• Love 5

(edit to add: I think it is amazon prime - not plus) 

Someone told me if you have amazon plus you can get a free download of the book.

Lindsay has a sense of humor. 

Good shot about the genius thing. Some other things he said were kind of WTH?

I usually hate the items for sale things, but there was one I wanted. Now I forgot what it was *snort*

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I must've watched a different awards show because the word 'hero' did not pass Allison Janney's lips.  Yes, TH was involved in the crime, after the fact, and has paid her debt to society.  The movie just points out in a darkly comic way, how TH was brutalized first by her mother, then by her husband, the real villains of this piece.  AJ also didn't say celebrate, she inferred TH shouldn't be demonized.  Big difference.

Tanya is being presented as a victim.  She is not.  How did she pay her debt to society, I missed it.  Did she get jail time?  Honest question.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, imjagain said:

I'm so curious how Lindsay Graham makes peace with what he called Trump, now they are BFF. It really is hard to believe that he still doesn't think those things about Trump.  He didn't say He didn't agree with Trump policies he called Trump a racist. How do you walk back from those feelings. And, that is why I can't believe anything he says. Sorry, just can't.  I don't care how many times he comes on The View and tries to be charming.  I might never agree with his politics,  but I'd respect him more if he didn't now lie and say he doesn't  believe  that about Trump. It's not like Trump has changed. SMH.

It's simple, really, and all of the others who ran against him are saying the same thing--though they called him out for what he is during the primaries, once he won the election, apparently, he's not those things anymore because he's president, I guess?

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I'm so curious how Lindsay Graham makes peace with what he called Trump, now they are BFF. It really is hard to believe that he still doesn't think those things about Trump.  He didn't say He didn't agree with Trump policies he called Trump a racist. How do you walk back from those feelings. And, that is why I can't believe anything he says. Sorry, just can't.  I don't care how many times he comes on The View and tries to be charming.  I might never agree with his politics,  but I'd respect him more if he didn't now lie and say he doesn't  believe  that about Trump. It's not like Trump has changed. SMH.

Lindsey has done a 180 since golfing with Trump!  ...Reminiscent of 'The Godfather' movie!

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's simple, really, and all of the others who ran against him are saying the same thing--though they called him out for what he is during the primaries, once he won the election, apparently, he's not those things anymore because he's president, I guess?

He beat them, fair and square. To call out names now, would simply make them look small, or smaller.

I think Lindsey has seen a different side of Trump.

Edited by NeverLate
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I have never heard of Amazon Plus. Amazon Prime, yes. Plus, no.

The person who told me said plus but probably meant prime. I dont have it so...just passing along the info if it is worth any help

19 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I'm so curious how Lindsay Graham makes peace with what he called Trump, now they are BFF. It really is hard to believe that he still doesn't think those things about Trump.  He didn't say He didn't agree with Trump policies he called Trump a racist. How do you walk back from those feelings. 

I wonder if he's up for election this year? 

I think Wolfe is on Thurs. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Wings said:

Tanya is being presented as a victim. 

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

She is not.

I totally agree.

How did she pay her debt to society, I missed it.  Did she get jail time?  Honest question. 

She received three years probation, 500 hours of community service, and a $160,000 fine. She was also forced to withdraw from the 1994 World Figure Skating Championships and resign from the United States Figure Skating Association.  Ice skating was her only marketable skill and she was banned from it.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

I totally agree.

She received three years probation, 500 hours of community service, and a $160,000 fine. She was also forced to withdraw from the 1994 World Figure Skating Championships and resign from the United States Figure Skating Association.  Ice skating was her only marketable skill and she was banned from it.

She also taught kids to skate, that couldn't afford lessons.( this was not something she was required to do)  She paid her debt.

I doubt they landed a triple axle, like she could.

10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I wonder if he's up for election this year? 

I think Wolfe is on Thurs. 

I'll be interested to see, if they ask him why he  has said, parts of this book might not be true( not verbatim) sorry..but he alluded to this. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Poor Meghan, she can never be right. They were itchy to be bitchy today, but not Meg, very calm, and Ana and Meg agreed..;) good show, even my DH watched..lol

Poor Meghan didn't have much to say at all, except to thank "Uncle" Lindsay for a compliment about her. She stayed quiet while the others asked relevant questions. I guess she probably didn't want to ask any tough questions since her dad and Graham are besties.

• Love 22
Just now, Kenz said:

Poor Meghan didn't have much to say at all, except to thank "Uncle" Lindsay for a compliment about her. She stayed quiet while the others asked relevant questions. I guess she probably didn't want to ask any tough questions since her dad and Graham are besties.

Perhaps, or perhaps unlike some of them, she doesn't need to ask irrelevant questions non stop ( shrug)