Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/8/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Wings said:

He has been better in other interviews.  I do get what some are saying.  He was very credible on CNN for one.  Could be exhaustion at repeating himself.   Doesn't matter to me.  Even if nothing was true we have seen enough to know for ourselves that things are not as they should be.  

THIS ^^^^^^

• Love 7
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

I think Wolff's point was when Ailes died his off the record remarks did as well....but immediately Bannon asked him to print about the dinner thereby foregoing his own off the record request, which was fine with Bannon.

MM is hardly a Jarvanka. First off she is not an aide to anyone, in the WH or otherwise. She also is not two people.  Man, I can't stand her. Her elitist entitlement attitude truly angers me. LOL, she wasn't even mentioned in "Game Change." Wish we could ask Nicolle Wallace. Also seems to me some people of MM's list of deniers could themselves be lying to protect themselves. 

Love Ana and thought her calling Don Trump Jr "baby Donnie" hilarious.

Good morning for me! Fire and Fury was delivered to my front door right before the show!

I think you hit the nail on it's head ... couldn't agree more!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Ugh. Are they really going to have Tonya Harding on?  I am sick unto death of her.

She was on Good Morning America today, so of course this show is next! She ain't nobody's victim, but just from the snippets of the show/movie airing tomorrow night, she doesn't believe she's in the wrong and she's "done apologizing."

53 minutes ago, Meatball said:

So just recently MM referred to the NY Times as the NY Slime (so clever! *eyeroll*) but now she has no problem citing them when they say something she likes. I can’t with her.

But of course! Next I expect her to laud Newsweek, which she called "garbage" last week.

21 minutes ago, ari333 said:

And we will have to hear , "WHYYYYY????" yet again. 

That was Nancy Kerrigan. Or, do you mean that they'll show clips of that? Doubt it. This is all about Tonya and how she really isn't responsible because she came from an abusive home and then was with an abusive husband. According to the snippets I've seen. I just want her to GO AWAY. I feel bad that she had a rough childhood/marriage, but she ain't the only one. And of course I'm watching so I can snark about it.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree that Wolff came across somewhat questionable in their interview (and not because of Meghan's inane questions and attempts to tar and feather him), but I had no intention of buying his book and giving him or those involved with him money anyway, especially considering how close to Bannon he sounds from his interview comments. I'll just let media outlets like The View give me the details on this 

34 minutes ago, bannana said:

Did Elsa actually say that she "hates journalists"?  Really? That is a pretty big group of people to hate.

Yes. She did. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
I'm sorry. I meant to answer BANNANA
  • Love 8

Re: Tonya, of course she had some responsibility in the actions, and she did have probation, community service and a fine, so she didn't just walk.  Knowing her horrendous background doesn't excuse her behavior, but to me explains how she got there, tied up with those men.  I worked with a woman who did death penalty work and we created life charts of several men who ended up on death row, starting with pregnancy if we had that information.  It was obvious to see how doomed they were from the get go, falling through every crack possible, beginning at birth and ending up on death row.  Doesn't excuse it, just explains it.  And yes, there are people who come from miserable beginnings and make it fine. People are different.

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Yes. She did. 

Actually, it was "this is why people hate journalists".  To which I reply: Shut up, Meg. I trust journalists with backgrounds in real journalism over political commentators with art history degrees.

And trying not to get off topic or political, but I'm listening to the audio book version now, and a lot of it is confirming everything I suspected. And I can see why some of these sources would deny what they've said.

Edited by ABitOFluff
  • Love 21

Meghan's "I hate journalists" stand may come from her husband, who is very very conservative, much more than John McCain. He is a blogger, but he worked very briefly for the Washington Post, writing a blog the paper created for him to express conservative views. After three days, he left due to accusations of plagiarism.

With Meghan married to a far-right conservative, I expect her to become far more conservative in her views. She seems to take on the attitudes of those she admires, like the fact that she registered as a Republican for the first time when her father ran for President, "to honor him."

• Love 14
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 0:21 PM, Wings said:

Megan's hair is straight, fine and thin.  When close to her head it makes her slightly overweight body look larger than it is.  I am not fat shaming, just stating fact.  She needs to lose the extensions and go for a shoulder length cut to frame her face.  Beautiful face and much more so with lighter lipstick.  They have makeup and hair people who do everyone before the show so I am surprised they have missed the mark with her. 

Gee, @Wings - do you have a connection with The View?   Because it looks like this went right to the Hair and makeup people!  Big improvement in MM's look. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, backformore said:

Gee, @Wings - do you have a connection with The View?   Because it looks like this went right to the Hair and makeup people!  Big improvement in MM's look. 

Lol. She did EXACTLY what I said!!

I intended to mention that so I could gloat about my telepathic abilities but it slipped my mind.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ari333 said:

I am glad Wolff was on the show and glad he wrote the book

My book should be delivered Friday.....I can't wait.  Since DH and I are both excited to read it, I guess we can read it aloud to each other.  ?

I find Wolfe credible.  I also understand his hesitation with questions.  He doesn't want to give away all the good info in his book....otherwise, why would people buy it?  

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Wings said:
6 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

Meghan is snippy, but I think she asked questions that needed to be asked. Wolff doesn't have a great reputation.  After her dad passes though, what political circles will she be running in? 

None.

MM has nothing to do with real politics  without her dad. I totally agree with Wings, Susieq147, and DB in CMT above.

I so wish when MM asked abt her being considered Jarvanka, that  Wolfe would have said,  "Who are you,  again?  Oh, Meghan McCain. When did your father serve as  president? " 

And finally,   please realize that a good speaker does not a good writer make.

I can write MUCH better than I can speak, and I have done both professionally.  Wolfe has a book full of information to mentally select from when answering  questions, and he's not on tv regularly....yet.  I am more than willing to cut him a break cuz I empathize.  MM is much more the amateur at both--writing and speaking. Plus she's a crabby ass.

• Love 21
33 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Plus she's a crabby ass.

LOL!  Accurate and simply stated. 

What really sticks in my craw regarding MM is her continued insistence to educate us 'peons' on the mindset of Trump supporters. Being liberal, I feel more qualified to educate her based on firsthand unbiased conversations with Trump supporting family members, friends, and endless social media comments ...it's not pretty and it's not about policy. 

• Love 21
44 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Just watched the interview with Michael Wolff. Meghan was incredibly rude with the "Let me finish" bit. I've never seen anyone on the panel this rude to a guest and I suffered through Elisabeth Hasselbeck for years. Also why does she always insert herself into the conversation? About her family and comparing herself to Jarvanka? She is not as important as she thinks she is! I hope she is on her way out and Ana is on her way in.

If I treated a customer (guest) like that, I would get reamed out by my boss.   So freakin rude!  I bet in her little peroxide head she thought she was going to take the evil mean journalist down.  And Joy was trying to get him to stay another segment.  I loved  how she cut them off and went to commercial.  I bet it frosted her butt that he was still on when the returned.

• Love 15
On 1/9/2018 at 1:02 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

thank you.  Apparently I have " A Priority" tickets.  then they go to plain old "A", then "B" and so on.....  I read they pick and choose who can even come in, so we will see if we even make the cut.  Impromtu trip to NYC, going with my 17yo daughter and her bestie.  

I've been in the audience several times.  If you get there early (just prior to the time they suggest), you'll have no problem.  

• Love 3

Ms. Meghan "myfamilyisallFULLONMAFIA" McCain needs to take several fucking seats.

No, her reason for why "this is why people hate journalists" and how she feels about "off the record right here" is a strawman's argument. Because from where I sit, not "everyone" hates journalists. Just certain people because...facts. And from what Wolff said, once Ailes died, he felt the 'off the record' no longer stood, and Bannon himself basically told him to tell the story. Her continued behavior of taking every.single.criticism against any Republican as a personal attack against her and her father has gone far beyond its expiration date. And boo-hoo, were were widdle feewings hurt because her father was made to look the fool in Game Change? When it was mostly about Palin? Or that she wasn't even in the movie? If she was, I don't even recall.  She also seems to think this show is Cross-Fire or something.  I swear, I don't recall even half the number of times she says people went after her father, as if that matters. McCain isn't president; was never president, and it just comes off as making it all about her. I'd never even heard of "Jarvanka" and then when I learned it was just Jared and Ivanka's name smooshed up, all I could do was roll my eyes. This is what we've been reduced to: that the White House is now using these lame-assed names smooshing. And I don't even know what she meant when she demanded if Wolff thought of her as such. Really? Who is the other part? Your husband? And wouldn't her name be an amalgamation of her and her hubby's name and not that of Jared and Ivanka?

Though I believed what Wolff had to say--he was emphatic that he wasn't saying these things, these were words by other people, who spoke while in his presence, never giving him a second thought. Now I can believe him and still side-eye him at the same time. He "came to like Steve Bannon?" That racist, bigoted, slothful asshat? What's to like about him? I can't think of one redeeming quality about that man.

Oh no, she di'n't! Please tell me Whoopi didn't try to correct Ana Navarro? Guurrrrl, stay in your lane.

As for Tonya Harding. Please. I remember when all that happened, and even before the stories about how her ex-husband was involved, the first words out of her mouth when asked what she thought about the attack on Kerrigan, was all she cared about was "kicking her ass" on the ice. And which is it? That she never ever knew as she was telling Piers before she walked off that interview? Or that show tonight, where she admits she overheard them planning something? She can't have it both ways. Sorry Joy, not agreeing with you here, that just because she was abused by her mother, boyfriend turned husband, and wasn't fawned by the Olympic Association or whatever, do I consider that mitigating. Other people have had it worse and overcome it. It's called Personal Responsibility. I'm so sick and tired of the argument that x isn't at fault because he/she was abused as a child/was in an abusive relationship. Now, if she had kneecapped her mother or her ex? That's something different altogether and which I could understand and empathize with. It's really too bad, because she's an excellent skater. I mean, the TRIPLE X! 

But I continue to be at a loss as to why Hollywood is fawning over her like she's some victim who got a raw deal.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
because spelling is important.
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'd never even heard of "Javarnka" and then when I learned it was just Jared and Ivanka's name smooshed up, all I could do was roll my eyes. This is what we've been reduced to: that the White House is now using these lame-assed names smooshing. And I don't even know what she meant when she demanded if Wolff thought of her as such. Really? Who is the other part? Your husband? And wouldn't her name be an amalgamation of her and her hubby's name and not that of Jared and Ivanka?

I never heard of it either, but the way MM asked MW if he would consider her Jarvanka, leads me to believe MM didn't know what it mean either!

I just watched the MW interview, and while a lot of it was stuff I already knew (or felt), it was interesting to learn there were 3 camps in the White House:  Jared/Ivanka, Priebus and Bannon.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 5

Cant wait to see how each panelist (?) Questions Tonya. I temember the Tonya -Nancy debacle. I remember Tonya alluding to her hubbie and another guy planning "something".  I surmised that Tonya didn't know specifics--then and now.  She just doesnt come off as innocent, and she was penalized.  She was not likable either, and neither was Nancy. Ho hum, who cares.

The movie is supposed to focus on the class differences of white trash T, and more reserved, polite,  nice girl N. So in addition to the mantle personal ethics/ responsibility, Tonya had the class cards stacked against her--what reviewers are saying. Crappy situation.  Don't care abt either one.  Sorry for veering off.

Oh yeah, MM is still a crab. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Cant wait to see how each panelist (?) Questions Tonya. I temember the Tonya -Nancy debacle. I remember Tonya alluding to her hubbie and another guy planning "something".  I surmised that Tonya didn't know specifics--then and now.  She just doesnt come off as innocent, and she was penalized.  She was not likable either, and neither was Nancy. Ho hum, who cares.

The movie is supposed to focus on the class differences of white trash T, and more reserved, polite,  nice girl N. So in addition to the mantle personal ethics/ responsibility, Tonya had the class cards stacked against her--what reviewers are saying. Crappy situation.  Don't care abt either one.  Sorry for veering off.

Tonya won't be on until January 22.

• Love 2
Just now, Tosia said:

I also feel that the media shaped people's opinion on both Tonya and Nancy.  Good versus Evil.  The whole debacle played like a lifetime movie right before our eyes.  I was a kid and I remember how the media was obsessed with the situation. It was a preview to the OJ trial and the media circus that was to come.  I think that the movie is trying to show that there are different shades of grey.  I did feel sympathy for Tonya, despite everything. There was always something so sad about her. I am not excusing her actions or inactions, depending on whether you believe that she knew what was going  to happen to Nancy.  

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Ugh. Are they really going to have Tonya Harding on?  I am sick unto death of her.

I haven't seen the movie, the documentary, or ANY Tonya Harding interviews...so I'm only sick with the effing flu.   Looking forward to what Tonya says and how they treat her.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'd never even heard of "Jarvanka" and then when I learned it was just Jared and Ivanka's name smooshed up, all I could do was roll my eyes.

If he had pronounced it "Jaer-vanka," it would have made more sense...but "Jar" ... like pickle jar?   In any event....silly.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Tell that to your face, Marie!

Oh, Bronzedog!   This cracked me up.  Then I told it to my adult* son and he cracked up too!   I haven't even watched the show yet, but you provided a great teaser.

*Egad.  Middle-aged.

• Love 5

I wish KeKe would've answered Meghan's question about being in acting school (when they were talking about James Franco).  I don't know if it pertained to her, but basically what they were saying, is it really sexual harassment if you are in an acting class and you're told, "Okay, we are going to do this scene and it calls for nudity."   That's the way I understood it anyway and I think what Sunny was saying too.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Botox.

Speaking of Botox...and other "fillers," (and I know this is off-topic), did anyone even recognize Ashley Judd at the Golden Globes and various interviews?   Yes, that strange woman was Ashley.  EGAD!

• Love 3
On 1/10/2018 at 11:43 AM, Tunia said:

While I'd be really interested and entertained to read the dirt on trump's administration, Wolff himself is the reason I'm holding off for the time being.  He's been all over the airways, and he seems very inarticulate, especially for an author who should have a better command of the language.  Think, if anything, I'll get on the library waitlist rather than shelling out $$ to Wolff.

I agree Wolff did not give a great interview on The View. Although it seems counterintuitive, a lot of writers aren't all that articulate in off the cuff discussions. Command of the language is necessary for speakers and writers, but speaking and writing draw on a person's command of the language in different ways. The same holds true for actors. I've often thought one of the reasons Whoopi and Rosie Perez aren't/weren't that articulate on this show isn't because they don't know things (Perez is particularly knowledgable on the issues she cares about). To me, it isn't because they're dumb or lack interest and passion, but because they have a different skill set (which also involves command of the language.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:48 AM, JayD83 said:

MM shouldn't be on this show.  The disdain that she has for the media is absolutely ridiculous! Did "Game Change" hurt her wettle wettle feelings that much?  Good God, woman! 

It's been a while, but I both read the book and watched the HBO movie. I don't remember it being a hit job on John McCain, so I was a little taken aback when Meghan slammed Game Change on the show. I remember it being pretty plain in the assertion that Palin was ill-prepared and not well vetted, but that became pretty apparent over time. Sure, the old man was the candidate and was ultimately responsible for her pick, but my memory of the book is that the campaign was so caught up in finding a big "get" for VP, and Palin seemed to be such a sparkly toy, that they didn't do their due diligence, because nobody wanted to find out she wasn't a good pick. It's not like John McCain would have been doing the vetting himself. Ah well, her attitude just surprised me.

21 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I think Wolff's point was when Ailes died his off the record remarks did as well....but immediately Bannon asked him to print about the dinner thereby foregoing his own off the record request, which was fine with Bannon.

MM is hardly a Jarvanka. First off she is not an aide to anyone, in the WH or otherwise. She also is not two people.  Man, I can't stand her. Her elitist entitlement attitude truly angers me. LOL, she wasn't even mentioned in "Game Change." Wish we could ask Nicolle Wallace. Also seems to me some people of MM's list of deniers could themselves be lying to protect themselves. 

I think when Meghan asked if she was a Jarvanka Republican, she was trying to understand the implications of the term. To me, she kind of is a Jarvanka Republican. She's more or less socially liberal, and largely a Republican because her famous, political father is, so it's the expedient choice. But that's just how she fits in my head. Either way, I doubt she meant it in any way having anything to do with whether or not she's an aide. I can't stand her either, but I don't think she was being that stupid in that question.

16 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

If he had pronounced it "Jaer-vanka," it would have made more sense...but "Jar" ... like pickle jar?   In any event....silly.

Yeah, the first syllable should be akin to how Sarah Bunting pronounces "Sars," (without the "s" on the end).  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Speaking of Botox...and other "fillers," (and I know this is off-topic), did anyone even recognize Ashley Judd at the Golden Globes and various interviews?   Yes, that strange woman was Ashley.  EGAD!

Yikes on Judd!  Botox is not a filler.  It is an injection into a muscle to paralyze it for about 3 to 5 months. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, General Days said:

I think when Meghan asked if she was a Jarvanka Republican, she was trying to understand the implications of the term. To me, she kind of is a Jarvanka Republican. She's more or less socially liberal, and largely a Republican because her famous, political father is, so it's the expedient choice. But that's just how she fits in my head. Either way, I doubt she meant it in any way having anything to do with whether or not she's an aide. I can't stand her either, but I don't think she was being that stupid in that question.

Gotcha, thanks.

• Love 1

Does Meghan own a mirror?  The sweater with the stars looked horrible. It made her look like a refrigerator....way too boxy, not to mention, butt ugly.   While I don't agree with John McCain's politics, I find him mostly respectful and soft spoken.  Too bad Meghan doesn't take after him in that regard.  She doesn't listen to anyone, she is just waiting to spew her next diatribe since she knows everything about everything.  

The co-host didn't add anything to the show, imo.

I cannot believe Marie Osmond is the best they can do....nothing about her has changed in 30 years, except her face and weight.  So many other interesting people out there to interview.  

Whoopi does seem more attentive these days.  I agree with Whoopi about the harassment claims being investigated....I hated seeing Al Franken resign without due process.   I want every victim heard, and every accuser given their day in court, so to speak.  Of course, Meghan is very good friends with one of Franken's accusers, so she disagrees.  Hey, support your friend, but be open to due process because otherwise, I think it weakens the importance of the charges.

The show seems to freeze or bleep out words on my television......happening to anyone else?

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I recognized her fine. She didn't look botoxed or unrecognizable like, say, Linda Evans is now! EGADS!

6 minutes ago, General Days said:

And I think she was being very...stupid and childish. Again, making it about herself. That because Ivanka and Jared are considered, whatever their smooshed name stands for, she automatically takes offense and assumed Wolff puts her in the same category because she's also a Republican. See? Everything must always circle back to her and/or her father. Nowhere in that book or interview, did Wolff ever mention her name.

Is she socially liberal? I wouldn't know it to hear her talk. At this point, she's all talktalktalk. But she does make it clear that the media is the evuhl incarnate devil and cannot be trusted, and only she can 'splain her Party to us dumb folks, as that is her job. Which, no. it's not. It really isn't. Her job is to give HER opinions on issues.

• Love 17

I was a little bored today. Don't some episodes feel like they are just repeating the same topics and arguments over and over and not really getting anywhere? Sometimes I feel like we're all on a giant hamster wheel.  It's not like I don't enjoy every rap on Trump, but the same conversations every day can get tedious. 

And don't get me started on guests like Marie who are only there to do a free commercial.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Don't some episodes feel like they are just repeating the same topics and arguments over and over and not really getting anywhere?

This is why I can't watch Hot Topics on a daily basis.  It's like listening to the same conversation over and over again in one's local bar.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 3

While I believe Keke Palmer is out of her league discussing politics, but I surely did appreciate her calling our current Commander in Chief a '"Twitter Troll". 

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Tonya won't be on until January 22.

I don't know why they are rehashing and trying to rehabilitate Harding.  It's sort of like how true crime shows keep revisiting OJ, Scott Peterson, Menendez brother, etc.  Let it go already.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I will say, there needs to be a numeric counter on the screen to count every time Meghan says "I will say."

I swear it will hit 100 in a week. 

I will say -- if this was a nighttime show, I'd propose a drinking game!

1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

Does Meghan own a mirror?  The sweater with the stars looked horrible. It made her look like a refrigerator....way too boxy, not to mention, butt ugly.

(skip)

I cannot believe Marie Osmond is the best they can do....nothing about her has changed in 30 years, except her face and weight.  So many other interesting people out there to interview.  

Whoopi does seem more attentive these days.  I agree with Whoopi about the harassment claims being investigated....I hated seeing Al Franken resign without due process.   I want every victim heard, and every accuser given their day in court, so to speak.  Of course, Meghan is very good friends with one of Franken's accusers, so she disagrees.  Hey, support your friend, but be open to due process because otherwise, I think it weakens the importance of the charges.

The show seems to freeze or bleep out words on my television......happening to anyone else?

I think one of the missing words was "sex" in in the term "oral sex."  I thought something was wrong with my TV at first. I noticed it when Sunny was talking about James Franco.

Meghan's sweater didn't bother me that much, but the stars clashed like hell with her bright red lipstick (which does her no favors).

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I recognized her fine. She didn't look botoxed or unrecognizable like, say, Linda Evans is now! EGADS!

And I think she was being very...stupid and childish. Again, making it about herself. That because Ivanka and Jared are considered, whatever their smooshed name stands for, she automatically takes offense and assumed Wolff puts her in the same category because she's also a Republican. See? Everything must always circle back to her and/or her father. Nowhere in that book or interview, did Wolff ever mention her name.

Is she socially liberal? I wouldn't know it to hear her talk. At this point, she's all talktalktalk. But she does make it clear that the media is the evuhl incarnate devil and cannot be trusted, and only she can 'splain her Party to us dumb folks, as that is her job. Which, no. it's not. It really isn't. Her job is to give HER opinions on issues.

I absolutely agree she was making it about herself. She's tiresome. I haven't liked her from the get go, but tried to cut her some slack because some of her failure to catch on, I think, probably was due to nerves. There have been only a few times I think she's added to the conversation though, and they're far outweighed by the times and ways in which she detracts from it.

I am not sure if MM truly socially liberal. She puts herself forth as though she is on some issues. I seem to recall that both she and her mother took part in the No H8 campaign against that California Anti-Marriage Rights bill.

54 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Marie Osmond --- says she is aging gracefully-----??????

Marie looks terrible. The Osmonds tend to have a long space between their noses and upper lips anyhow, but whatever else she's had done (Botox and fillers, clearly, and probably more) has just ruined her naturally beautiful face. She'd look better "old" i.e. natural. Her nose seems to be on course to turn into a Michael Jackson nose. That entire segment was a waste of time. I get that they generally have people on to promote a project -- show, movie, book, album, whatever. I guess skincare is no different, but she really did turn it into a commercial. Waste of the viewers time. 

Did anyone else notice Sunny looked like she just got a bunch of fillers, too? She looked terrible as well, but not nearly as messed up as Marie. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 4