Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/8/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think I'd rather they had both Donny AND Marie on!

What? What?

Do not be ashamed of the Donny Osmond (and/or Donny and Marie) love. I totally agree. I'd like to see Marie talk about things she's not selling, too. 

• Love 5

Their discussion on what news to believe or not felt kind of redundant. They can blame Trump on this all they want, but many people stopped believing news organizations long before he got into office. The fact that Trump openly talks about it is what his base likes. This episode made me feel like they really need an independent at the table, because everything is black and white here and there are other choices.

• Love 1

Can I just ask you gals if you, like me, scream at your television and just say "shut the F--- up" to MM every day. God, what a motor mouth rude twit...I hate her so much. Okay, now I feel better. But I am tired of yelling at my t.v. like some old coot telling dogs to stay off his lawn. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, General Days said:
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

I will say, there needs to be a numeric counter on the screen to count every time Meghan says "I will say."

I swear it will hit 100 in a week. 

I will say -- if this was a nighttime show, I'd propose a drinking game!

What do you have against daytime drinking?  :)  Mimosas and Bloody Mary's all around.  Being intoxicated is probably the best state to be in when watching MM.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Their discussion on what news to believe or not felt kind of redundant. They can blame Trump on this all they want, but many people stopped believing news organizations long before he got into office. The fact that Trump openly talks about it is what his base likes. This episode made me feel like they really need an independent at the table, because everything is black and white here and there are other choices.

They had one...sara Haines but she's on maternity leave.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

So, Marie Osmond, who is looking rather odd BTW, is there to do a commercial.  She believes in aging gracefully!   Hahahaha!  Tell that to your face, Marie!

I could not stop looking at her upper lip and weird narrow nostrils. 

And, right from the start, she's introduced as someone who has YEARS of experience, makes a point that Donny is older, makes jokes about his birthday, it was ALL about her age, until the infomercial for a skincare line, which will keep you looking younger, but is not anti-aging.  

So, in summary - here's Marie!  she's OLD, but you wouldn't know it, would you? She looks so great! Buy her stuff!

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, backformore said:

I agree with Whoopi and Joy talking about the false equivalency of sexual abuse allegations.  James Franco is accused of 2 things.  the first is that as an acting instructor he had women perform nude scenes.  The second thing  is that a woman with whom he was having a consensual sexual relationship felt pressure to engage in oral sex with him. 

Whoopi and Joy were making the point that when these kinds of allegations are lumped in with rape and sexual harassment, the more severe accusations become watered down by being in the same category. 

I haven't watched yet.  Re bold- so happy to hear that!   It is a hot button of mine and it makes me nuts.   This is not being addressed as much as it should be.  I am done with the sexual harassment chatter.  Men have the picture, they will not dare offend for fear of losing their job.  Now let's concentrate on getting equal pay for women.  

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, backformore said:

I agree with Whoopi and Joy talking about the false equivalency of sexual abuse allegations.  James Franco is accused of 2 things.  the first is that as an acting instructor he had women perform nude scenes.

And from what I've read, that was in.the.script. Which she signed and agreed to do. And now suddenly, it's harassment and he "forced her" to do them. There is a spectrum. It just seems, to me, that all one has to do now, is tweet something ambiguous or allege something, and it's taken as truth immediately. And that's a disservice to the instances of real abuse/harassment/rapes.

• Love 18

So, Marie Osmond, who is looking rather odd BTW, is there to do a commercial.  She believes in aging gracefully!   Hahahaha!  Tell that to your face, Marie!

She has looked so doll like( and not in a good way) I cannot remember her real, untouched face...

4 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Yes, I agree 100%. 

• Love 1

Just started watching and Keke is an idiot. Her opinion is that just because a credible news station reports the news with facts, that she's not gonna automatically believe it because "it's CNN?" Really? I mean, I could agree with her if it was say, The Daily Mail, TMZ (the show) or that fucktoid Alex Jones. But she needs to "weigh" the information to make sure it's true? And Meghan can also shut it. On one hand, she's trashing The New York Times, but praising the NYT reporter as being a great journalist. Does she realize that she's contradicting herself? And the fact that for a good portion, there are some people who claim to be journalists are pushing propoganda (See Fox News, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, etc.), happened around the early '90s when CORPORATIONS bought all the news outlets and services and it became about RATINGS AND PROFITS and less and less about the news. There are good journalists, print and media and radio, that are still out there. And Joy and Whoopi are right--it seems people like Keke and Meghan are very quick to believe because the president says they're fake, it's true and so we should also suspect them. I laughed at that list. Because I agree. Hell, 45 sued Bill Maher for saying that his father was an Orangutan, then dropped the suit!

• Love 21

What? Donny is 60????!!!!! When did that happen??????? ????There's something funky going on with Marie's upper lip. But I covet her hair. 

And Jeebus Cripes, Sunny! I expected you, of all people to provide all the facts when it came to that one Franco accuser, who said he "forced her" to act out the nude scenes! That was in the script and contract she signed! This "how do we treat these" cases with a whine and helplessness coming from someone who was a former federal prosecutor is just ?????? And how difficult is it to say the words that "the accusations should be investigated," or "the accused should go through due process" etc.? Whoopi and Joy, and even Sunny seemed to be stuck on what words to use.

Though I am with Joy about being very upset at losing Franken. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, BravaBravo said:

I rolled my eyes when Meghan told Joy to let Keke talk.  Joy wasn’t interrupting Keke.  Who died and made Meghan the moderator?

No KeKe I don't know what you're saying.  My 3 year old grandson has an imaginary friend named KeKe who wants to know why I stuck around for the Osmond commercial.

MM didn't disappoint with the discussion about Al Frankins case being  different , she had  to add the accuser is a good friend of hers.  Case closed. 

• Love 16

Sigh. As usual MM making trouble - and yes, Joy did not even interrupt Keke. In fact Joy and Meghan both started talking at the same time and Joy said something like 
go ahead  to Meghan.

As usual - so sick of MM.

• Love 23

Oh! I meant to also post that I thought Marie was really funny when she talked about meeting new fans who had never heard of her or the show she did with Donny:

Marie: “I’m Marie.”

Person: “Aaaand??”?

Marie: “I lost 50 pounds!”

Person: (with excitement)-“OH!! You’re that lady from Nutri System!”

Me: ???????

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

And don't get me started on guests like Marie who are only there to do a free commercial.

But, Haleth, this was for a line of BEAUTY products!  Marie would never be associated (or buy into a company) that didn't truly provide miracles for us needy women.  Surely everyone reading this forum...hell, everyone watching the show is grateful to Marie, Barbara Walters, ABC, and Disney for bringing this marvel to us.  What's the name of it again?

• Love 10

Looks like we were spared the full Keke this show. My guess is because they talked so much about sexual harassment, and she didn't want to step into anything. I don't blame her for playing careful there. The Marie Osmond interview was such a snoozefest.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Looks like we were spared the full Keke this show. My guess is because they talked so much about sexual harassment, and she didn't want to step into anything. I don't blame her for playing careful there. The Marie Osmond interview was such a snoozefest.

Until the make up thingie, I actually enjoyed Marie's interview. How she talked about the way she's sustained so long is that she and Donny, continue to work on their craft/talent and not think of themselves as "celebrities," and that one has to pay their dues. And not expect instant stardom/gratification. She and Donny are proof of that. And her hair. I loved her hair.

What? My hair hasn't been the same since it grew back after chemo.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Until the make up thingie, I actually enjoyed Marie's interview. How she talked about the way she's sustained so long is that she and Donny, continue to work on their craft/talent and not think of themselves as "celebrities," and that one has to pay their dues. And not expect instant stardom/gratification. She and Donny are proof of that. And her hair. I loved her hair.

If it makes you feel any better, Marie wears a wig. 

• Love 8
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Seriously?? 

YES!  I may be going through chemo soon and found myself researching that particular wig style. Truthfully, I'd never wear a long-haired wig,. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah it does do a number on it.  Some years ago I did a 6 mos stint in the hosp and my hair was never the same.  I kept cutting it off as soon as it grew any (which took quite a while).  I kept hoping the new hair would be better but it took a looooooong time.  Many, many years

3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Such a snoozefest!  I didn't even remember she was on until the wig talk lol

13 hours ago, Tunia said:

^^^LOL - I know, right?

It's kinda' like young Paul McCartney fans who didn't know he was in a band before Wings!

groooooooooooooooooooan hah!  :)

• Love 5

I think the reason Mafia Meghan is so gangsta towards Joy is because of the John and Cindy interview when McCain wad running for president and Cindy said the ladies of The View "picked their bones" or something like that. Joy was a big part of aggressively questioning them. Anyone else remember that? John McCain seems to be over it when he comes to the show (he seems to have affection for Whoopi, I dont know if she was there at the time), but wow  can MM hold a grudge.

• Love 19

I just watched the Michael Wolff interview and I agree with Sunny that being a journalist is incredibly difficult and while some are shitty, plenty more exist who are very reputable and trustworthy. Meghan McCain and her "that's why I don't trust journalists" comment was so unnecessary and added nothing to the conversation, but I digress.

4 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I think the reason Mafia Meghan is so gangsta towards Joy is because of the John and Cindy interview when McCain wad running for president and Cindy said the ladies of The View "picked their bones" or something like that. Joy was a big part of aggressively questioning them. Anyone else remember that? John McCain seems to be over it when he comes to the show (he seems to have affection for Whoopi, I dont know if she was there at the time), but wow  can MM hold a grudge.

I forget which day it was but Meghan also mentioned that her dad watches the show everyday. Maybe her hostility towards Joy is her way of pleasing her dad? Who knows?

• Love 9

That was rich.  MM asking Wendy Wiliams if Lindsey Lohan still has "that accent".  Coming from the AZ born Valley Girl.

Oh and I must add:  She's wearing the ugliest sweater I've ever seen, accompanied by the most hideous purple lipstick ever. 

I'm sorry, but I just don't like the woman so it's second nature to pick an all her fails.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 21
26 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Meghan McCain and her "that's why I don't trust journalists" comment was so unnecessary and added nothing to the conversation, but I digress.

I agree it was very unnecessary and just shit stirring bait, but what she actually said was "this is why people hate journalists." To which I say, which people? Your people? You? Your plagiarizing husband? 45? Making a loaded statement with feathers.

1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Bummer!!  The Whoopster's there today babbling her guts out!!  I SO look forward to Joy on Friday.

There was no way Whoopi wouldn't be on today. What are they talking about today?

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Bummer!!  The Whoopster's there today babbling her guts out!!  I SO look forward to Joy on Friday.

I was hoping she wouldn't be there lol I love Whoopi but having one day without her is always refreshing.

10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I agree it was very unnecessary and just shit stirring bait, but what she actually said was "this is why people hate journalists." To which I say, which people? Your people? You? Your plagiarizing husband? 45? Making a loaded statement with feathers.

Well, that's even worse. She's assuming that she knows what other people think about journalists. The way she said it makes me believe she's including herself in that bunch. Newsflash, Meghan: you don't speak for anybody but yourself.

About Megyn Kelly and the fat-shaming: I can now say SHUT UP, MEG to both Megyn Kelly and Meghan McCain. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 13

I don't think Wendy Williams, of all people, should be talking about body-shaming of any kind. I don't watch her show but in the clips that I have seen, she trash-talks everyone.

1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Either there's something wrong with the sound on  my tv or there's a whole lot of censuring going on today.

Haha the expletives are flying all over the place today. 

• Love 17

That must be why Whoopi was there today. To interview HM and DS.  And yes, Helen is exquisite.  (I'll have what she's having.)

The movie sounds interesting. My husband often jokes that when he retires we're going to do a cross country trip in an RV.  Um, no.

• Love 12

Funny that we have to hear Meghan say everyday "I'm just explaining Trump's base to you!!" etc. etc. But then Sunny directly asks her why something so hate-filled appeals to them, and she has nothing to say... Where was that lecture she usually gives?

I loved Joy's potshot at Wendy when they were talking about online trolls, "At least you get paid to do that." Wendy has no high ground to lecture anyone--unknown or famous--talking dirt about someone, considering that's all she's ever done. And she's much nastier than most.

Sunny talking about her mom guilting her with "Jesus fed thousands with a loaf of bread..." made me burst out laughing.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Prairiemakeup said:

Haleth, Wendy W has Graves Disease and “bug eyes” are a symptom. She addressed that earlier this week on her show. Just FYI.

Ah, ok.  Thanks for the information.  I apologize for being insensitive.

• Love 5