Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E11: Week 10: Season Finale Part 1

• Start Topic

I really enjoyed Drew's freestyle! Good on Emma for choreographing a routine that was FOR him! It was fun and the mid-dance timeout was cute. I just love her! Drew was extremely likable this season, as well. I don't watch his show so I didn't know much about him but he seems like a real stand up guy! 

I agree that Jordan is a phenomenal dancer but I didn't enjoy his freestyle. It was a very good dance, yes. It's just hard for me to get into his performances this season because there was no improvement during the season. He literally came out week one and was basically perfection, and he came out tonight and was basically perfection. I enjoy watching a contestant who consistently improves week after week. I do enjoy seeing more of Lindsay and feel like this season has really been able to showcase her talents! Hopefully they continue to give her contestants that allow her to do that in the future! 

Regardless of whether Witney made the right choice, I'm just glad she stuck to her guns and listened to her gut. I haven't enjoyed her as much the past few seasons, but I absolutely loved her and her partnership this season. They really seem to enjoy each other and look like they have a lot of fun with each other. 

Mark is always amazing in my book. I've been a fan since the first season I started watching (Chelsea Kane). Loved the freestyle!!! I don't care if she was actually playing her violin or not, that was one of the BEST freestyles I've ever seen that 100% showcase the celebrity and their personality!!! Just wow. I know they're touring together after the show, hoping maybe they'll throw that or some variation of that, into the show! It's the only one I watched more than once! 

Sad to see Drew go, but it was time. I think Mark's freestyle just may have put a kink in the plans for tomorrow. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

LOL! My thoughts exactly! There's a lot of irony in Alfonso saying that Jordan needs a slice of humble pie. Alfonso seems like he'll need a few pieces himself!

Alfonso needs the whole damn pie!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Bosstonz16 said:

Also, am I weird for not being wowed by Stirling's freestyle? I felt like she actually didn't dance much compared to some of the others and that Mark's flair for a performance was showcased more than her actual dance ability. Of course YMMV.  But if people say Jordan put on a Broadway number because it's his wheelhouse (true), wouldn't the same be said for Lindsey doing a theatrical violin piece like she has in music videos?  

That's true. Both Jordan and Lindsey did perform numbers that are their schtick. I thought they were well performed though.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, McManda said:

Let's not pretend she was actually playing at that point. Not that I'd expect her to - that dance was involved.

The music we heard was most likely not coming from her but she did keep that violin in position and her right arm was going back & forth to the music.   I was too drop-jawed to see what her left hand was doing.  But sure, her violin was likely not mic'd up.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Lindsey playing the violin while being twirled around. Dude. MAJOR props to her for that. That freestyle was absolutely fantastic. As was Jordan's.

I think it's been said, but she definitely wasn't actually playing live. But it was VERY well done. 

54 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

Drew’s paso actually showed a Drew who could be a leading man and could act for about the first time (and I’ve been a Property Bros watcher).  He always seems so guarded, like he’s ready to get a hand in front of the next punch that’s coming for him, but for the first time he looked completely unafraid.  Hope he watches it a lot and learns something from it.  I personally think Jonathan bullies him<kinda grin>.

Lindsey seemed really off balance about something for the first quarter of that really really really long dance.  Wow, I don’t know whose fault it is that that dance was so boring, because I love the music and I love QS, so WTW? Camera light costume? I just dunno.

For sure, Jonathan is more insecure than Drew and consistently looks for ways to put him down. 

I thought that Lindsey stumbled (or missed a step) near the beginning of the QS but no one mentioned it. It just looked halting and awkward at for the first third. I don't know, I didn't love it. 

46 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Her dress, her hair, man she looked stunning. She's a better judge than stupid CA...and that dance was just awesome, what a beautiful tribute!

Finally, Julianne's dress, hair, and make-up matched her natural beauty! Maybe she has a new team? 

42 minutes ago, Uke said:

Jordan's freestyle was everything but the kitchen sink and just seemed frantic to me.  I was focused on the cane and the hat and would he drop it or not...instead of getting into the dance itself.  

I felt like Jordan looked nervous for the first time ever during the hat & cane part - once those were ditched safely (whew!) he seemed to get into his groove. 

37 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

OH MY GORFLEHUMP!  That was the most amazing freestyle I have ever seen.  If Mark doesn't win an Emmy for that, there is corruption in the voting system.  ZOMG.  I was weeping full out at its awesomeness long before the end.  

Check the story on the Media thread.  DWTS Jr has been binned. YAY!

Agreed, I think that freestyle make up for the less-than-stunner that he did with Paige, who could have held her own in just about anything Mark would have dreamed up. 

YAY to no crying tots!

17 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Anyone else see Kym in the audience tonight?

Yes, and Barbara Corcoran too. I hope Keo had some security on hand! 

Weird, as also mentioned upthread, that there were no contemporaries! And two Broadway showstopper routines, three if you count Lindsey's (in a sort of avant garde way). I think that Drew and Jordan's numbers were both in the vein, of yet better than, what Allison tried for Riker's freestyle (which I think was a hot mess). It's like they took the ideas and then polished them up in a way that Allison just wasn't able to do. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

Who were some of the dancers in Julianne's thing (other than Robert Roldan who is starting to seem extremely schmarmy to me now, having been a massive fan of his in his season)?

Mainly the troupe- I know I saw at least Jenna, Hailey, Britt, and Brandon. Don't know who the big guy was who was pulling off all of those impressive spins though. 

Edited by sab85
20 minutes ago, Bosstonz16 said:

But if people say Jordan put on a Broadway number because it's his wheelhouse (true), wouldn't the same be said for Lindsey doing a theatrical violin piece like she has in music videos?  

Especially if Anze Skrube is involved again like he was on Mark and Sadie's freestyle.. He is the choreographer for Lindsey Stirling's  shows, and that's what it looked like to me

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Bosstonz16 said:

Maybe an abbreviated all-stars season this spring with some of these celebrities and dancers participating???  If the announcement is during tomorrow' show, makes sense they'd be out there in LA.

Also, am I weird for not being wowed by Stirling's freestyle? I felt like she actually didn't dance much compared to some of the others and that Mark's flair for a performance was showcased more than her actual dance ability. Of course YMMV.  But if people say Jordan put on a Broadway number because it's his wheelhouse (true), wouldn't the same be said for Lindsey doing a theatrical violin piece like she has in music videos?  

I agree. It's a competition so why not play to your strengths if there are no rules. With the exception of Frankie that's what everyone did. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Andiethewestie said:

Especially if Anze Skrube is involved again like he was on Mark and Sadie's freestyle.. He is the choreographer for Lindsey Stirling's  shows, and that's what it looked like to me

I'm not sure where you're getting this idea that Mark didn't choreograph this.  He's always been very good about giving credit when he gets help (unlike others).   Mark has been to every one of her tour shows and is very aware of what she can do.   Watch his twitter/instagram.  If Anze helped, you'll see it there.

But I get it.  You love Jordan and want him to win. That's fine.   Everyone is rooting for their faves.

• Love 6

Robert Roldan was an incredibly beautiful man. Some time after SYTYCD, he had a terrible accident that involved his face. A fall, or car accident, not sure. His gorgeous smile is gone, he looks very different now.

Did no one else hear Erin call them "Drew and Enema"? It was during the elimination I think, had to rewind to make sure I heard it right. 

• Love 9

I have never really minded Alfonso, I actually didn't mind when he won his season, tonight though he came off as the most insufferable, ignorant, jealous, self-absorbed, nincompoop. I feel as if someone really needs to introduce Alfonso to Alfonso, because he is the last person on Earth who needs to be giving anyone advice on how to humble themselves. The way he carries himself, you have to wonder if he wears weighted shoes to keep himself from floating away due to his giant, inflated ego.

How dare he insert such a personal jab at Jordan, and for what reason? Last I checked, Jordan did every single thing that Lindsay has given him to do since he stepped out on the dance floor. Not once did that kid ever reject her, did he ever argue with her, nor did he ever pretend like he knew what they should do and go against her advice.

But I do recall Alfonso doing that with Witney, I believe it was their Samba, because he was so convinced that he could create a better dance to the music, which of course did not work, the judges all slapped him down for it, and he had to eat a full serving of humble pie in that moment.

I hope that he feels ashamed watching back that footage and seeing how truly unnecessary his comment was, because no one else felt the need to point out supposed flaws of any of the other dancers. None of the other champions wanted to knock anyone for anything that perhaps they felt they could change, it was all positivity and encouragement.

Alfonso being the stand out sounding like a bitter old grinch should, hopefully, make him think twice in the future. 

I I was happy to see that Tom picked up on that and made a point to, as he is so gifted in doing, turn a negative into a positive with a cute little quip about everyone having such an amazing night. 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, DancingD said:

Did no one else hear Erin call them "Drew and Enema"? It was during the elimination I think, had to rewind to make sure I heard it right. 

I did!!!! It was hilarious!!!! I wanted Tom to make some snarky comment about it so badly!! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PBGamer89 said:

-Jordan's was strong, once again, I expected this type of flashy tricky number from so I wasn't exactly blown away, but honestly any talented male ringer could've done that dance, so while it was danced well and entertaining, I don't think it was unique to Jordan

Yes, I think you expressed my thoughts that I couldn't quite form into words.  That dance was flashy for sure, but it didn't tell me anything about him. And now that I think about it, I don't know any more about who Jordan is than I did on week 1.  Any male ringer, or really, any male pro could have done that dance - it seemed generic.   He seems like a nice enough young man but all I've seen is his image, not anything about the person behind the image.

• Love 12

I don't know why, but my favorite dance of the night was the hot pink Charleston. That honestly could have been their freestyle, and it seemed like they had way more fun doing it than the actual freestyle. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of bringing in a bunch of backup dancers.

• Love 3

I’ll be fine with a Frankie or Stirling win. Still don’t like Jordan. He’s the exact same dancer as he was in week 1. Come on, he did an airplane. He should be on Broadway. Oh wait. You know what? I think he is the ringerest ringer who ever ringed. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 6

Lindsay freestyle was byfar one of the best freestyles I have seen in awhile. It was unique and crazy good. If she wins, I want complain that freestyle is what won it for her.

Jordan freestyle was ok. It reminded me too much of riker and allison freestyle which I didnt care for either. If Jordan wins, I want complain because he has been the most consistant out of everyone.

Frankie freestyle was not good but I do like him but I seriously doubt he is going to win, its just not going to happen.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Holy crap Alfonso is getting shredded on Instagram. People are really pissed. Think maybe he'll decide to have a little slice of pie himself now?

Twitter too.

11 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I think he is the ringerest ringer who ever ringed. 

Nah, still Heather Morris. Jordan is a better performer though.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 2

I agree with those who thought Jordan's freestyle was obviously well-executed, but generic. It reminded me of so many other "traditional big Broadway number" freestyles that men on this show have done, without some touch that felt really specific to him. Sorry to bring up Alfonso at this point, heh, but Witney gave him a twist on that concept that was really idiosyncratic to him -- it highlighted his (and her!) tapping, it featured a funny little section calling back to a previously-unreferenced bit from Fresh Prince. Allison's Broadway freestyle for Riker, on the other hand, was a generic waste of a great dancer's talent. Lindsay's choreo was far better, but it was no more specific to her great dancer. Admittedly I'd have loved some callback to Hamilton, and maybe that wasn't going to prove easily clearable, but...just some musical choice, or concept, that seemed a little more revealing of his work and interests would've helped produce a more standout routine. As it is, Mark certainly nailed that for Lindsey, and it could tip the scales if Jordan had an edge.

I did love Emma's number for Drew, which seemed fresher even if not as well-danced as Jordan's. The comic elements, the set design, etc.

Edited by lavenderblue
  • Love 6

Even tho, Alfonso comment wasnt the best choice at all, where was the lie? I mean Alfonso really cant talk but Jordan has been pretty cocky and I was thinking if a female acted like him, omg she would have been dragged to the high heavens. Even tho, I appreciate his treatment of Lindsay and his gratitude for her, he has made some cocky comments but he is guy so he will get a pass. I still be fine if he wins.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, sab85 said:

Twitter too.

Nah, still Heather Morris. Jordan is a better performer though.

I had to look her up. Even looking at her picture, she didn’t ring a bell. It started to click when they mentioned she danced with Alan for a few weeks. And that was just last season. Completely forgettable. 

• Love 1

Loved Jordan's freestyle. Loved it! He and Lindsay just looked like they were having so much fun. 

And then Lindsey and Mark danced, and it was another WOW. Only my jaw dropped when they incorporated her violin. That was unique to her and just looked really cool.

I'll be happy if either couple wins. And I have a feeling I'll be bummed for whomever gets the number two slot. They've both done some terrific dancing this season, and I've been thoroughly entertained.

• Love 5

I know some were wondering if Lindsey was playing the violin in her freestyle. I played violin for a long time, not as well as she does, and I went back and watched the dance and am pretty sure she was playing at least in the beginning. Not sure about when Mark was spinning her around. Regardless, it’s a lot harder to fake playing an instrument than to actually play it. Trust me, I know. I’ve faked my way through a couple of concerts before. ??

1 minute ago, sinkwriter said:

Loved Jordan's freestyle. Loved it! He and Lindsay just looked like they were having so much fun. 

And then Lindsey and Mark danced, and it was another WOW. Only my jaw dropped when they incorporated her violin. That was unique to her and just looked really cool.

I'll be happy if either couple wins. And I have a feeling I'll be bummed for whomever gets the number two slot. They've both done some terrific dancing this season, and I've been thoroughly entertained.

Can’t they just give it to both couples? I know that’s impossible, but surely they can manipulate it somehow! Lol

• Love 6

I'm glad Witney went with her gut on the freestyle dance for Frankie. If he'd done his usual cheery number, I think it wouldn't have stood out, especially since the other three numbers were very upbeat as well. On the other hand, I do think that if they were going to go for something moody and different (or kind of "Rhythm Nation" in tone), Frankie needed to keep the fierce energy level of it consistent from start to finish. Unfortunately, I never got the sense that he was able to capture that kind of intensity at any point in that dance. He definitely tried, but I don't feel like he got there. Not like he has in previous weeks when he's done something darker.

Because of that, I wondered if he might end up being the one voted out, and that perhaps Drew would end up in the finals in the third slot.

• Love 3

I'm old so I have no memory of whomever previously used the same song that they gave Witney for the freestyle, but I hated it then and my feelings about it did not improve watching Frankie & Witney's freestyle. I think that song could not have been more opposite of what Frankie should have danced to. 

I think that Witney was hoping to channel the darkness, the dark character, that Frankie brought out on their Halloween dance night, which was not a bad idea because I do believe that Frankie playing the creepy stalker was probably his best performance on that dance floor, actual dancing aside. 

But everything fit that performance, most importantly the song, and that awful song last night, which I believe the singer butchered unforgivingly, dominated the dance and Frankie was not going to be able to overcome that. The concept could have worked, but Witney really should have taken into account whether or not Frankie was going to own the dance or whether the song, and all the extra busy business, was going to own Frankie.

And although she said she went with her gut, I think she was more so afraid of another go-round of their jazz dance which was their worst dance, were her plan for them to bring out happy and bouncy and giggly characters turned into an absolute fiasco.

I believe that Witney's choice is one of the prime examples that the show has had so far which displays when a pro just completely overplanned, over-thought, and overshot the freestyle and didn't do their partner any favors.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I thought Julianne's dance was beautiful, but it seemed out of place?  It would've fit in better during the saddest dance of the year week, or rather most memorable year week?

I enjoy watching Julianne dance but that dance did nothing for me. Not really her style at all. And, it did seem out of place.

I'm calling crap on the producer interference on Frankie's dance.  Very scripted.  But, I love Frankie.

Make Maks and Val go away. Please !

Sadly, I didn't enjoy any of the freestyles. Well, I did, but not as freestyles. They seemed like just a regular weekly dance since they throw the troupe and props in all the dances now.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I think that song could not have been more opposite of what Frankie should have danced to.

When Witney was describing the song they were going to dance to as serious and whatnot, I'd imagined something entirely different, something perhaps a bit slower, or with more thoughtful lyrics. To the point where, when the song they did dance to first started up, I actually held back a laugh, because it sounded so...odd. 

• Love 2
Just now, Annber03 said:

When Witney was describing the song they were going to dance to as serious and whatnot, I'd imagined something entirely different, something perhaps a bit slower, or with more thoughtful lyrics. To the point where, when the song they did dance to first started up, I actually held back a laugh, because it sounded so...odd. 

I know that it was all scripted and planned out, with Witney struggling to find the confidence to go with her gut and use the song that she felt was so fitting. But like you, I figured the song would prove at least adequate or believable. 

Using that song was akin to me as the song that they were given for their salsa. That song was not at all in Frankie's wheelhouse and it exposed more weaknesses than it could ever have enhanced his strengths, and I think the song from their freestyle did that even more so. 

I actually had high hopes that Witney would find a way to give Frankie the send-off freestyle that he deserved, playing to his strengths and his personality and his growing confidence on the dance floor, but the second the band began to play I knew that was just not going to happen.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I actually had high hopes that Witney would find a way to give Frankie the send-off freestyle that he deserved, playing to his strengths and his personality and his growing confidence on the dance floor, but the second the band began to play I knew that was just not going to happen.

You're right,,as soon as the music started, I  knew it wasn't going to be good.  I wonder why they staged all that crap with the producer ? Or maybe, the producer was really trying to help since they knew that song was crap?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Uke said:

I'm not sure where you're getting this idea that Mark didn't choreograph this.  He's always been very good about giving credit when he gets help (unlike others).   Mark has been to every one of her tour shows and is very aware of what she can do.   Watch his twitter/instagram.  If Anze helped, you'll see it there.

But I get it.  You love Jordan and want him to win. That's fine.   Everyone is rooting for their faves.

The interesting thing is I would never have known that Misha Gabriel and Anze worked on Marks Frestyle with Sadie or that Anze co choreographed Amber Riley’s freestyle until I saw his choreography reel. Everybody thinks Derek and Mark do their own choreo when they have had others doing at least part of the creative. Mark had a bit of a dust up this season about not giving credit and I thought it was minor but then a fairly well known choreographer was vocal on social media about it, so I don’t know the story but Brian Friedman was the choreographer who wrote about it on instagram . . Anyway the thing that struck me is Anze incorporates line movement with Lindsey  playing the violin just like she did tonight. No ballroom but definite moments of video and tour choreo came to mind when  the violin was brought out

It’s just interesting that the women choreographers on this show have been slagged for getting help. This season, Lindsay is doing all her own work this and finally getting recognized. So I hope she continues to get that recognition. 

Edited by Andiethewestie
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Andiethewestie said:

The interesting thing is I would never have known that Misha Gabriel and Anze worked on Marks Frestyle with Sadie or that Anze co choreographed Amber Riley’s freestyle until I saw his choreography reel. Everybody thinks Derek and Mark do their own choreo when they have had others doing at least part of the creative. Mark had a bit of a dust up this season about not giving credit and I thought it was minor but then a fairly well known choreographer was vocal on social media about it, so I don’t know the story but Brian Friedman was the choreographer who wrote about it on instagram . . Anyway the thing that struck me is Anze incorporates line movement with Lindsey  playing the violin just like she did tonight. No ballroom but definite moments of video and tour choreo came to mind when  the violin was brought out

It’s just interesting that the women choreographers on this show have been slagged for getting help. This season, Lindsay is doing all her own work this and finally getting recognized. So I hope she continues to get that recognition. 

There you go.  Maybe you weren't tweeting Mark back then and didn't see his tweet linking to this IG post.  (The pic took 2 minutes to find, but I'm not going to scroll back to get the tweet for you.)

I don't know if Lindsay is doing all her own choreography this season or not.

eta: the "dust up" was a complaint by someone who also choreographed a dance (contemporary) to Human and claimed Mark copied her choreo for an AT when the only similarity was the robotic head ticks to the sound of ticks - IMO the music called for that movement and is not unique to anyone.  

Edited by Uke
  • Love 9

So ironic to me that I care less about this season than any other, yet the final three were head and shoulders the best dancers.  That's never happened for me and I've watched from Season One.

Ballas' choreo is the takeaway this season.  A little less has been ever so much more!  

I'm fine with whomever takes it.  My slight suspicion is that it will be Lindsey.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Andiethewestie said:

Mark had a bit of a dust up this season about not giving credit and I thought it was minor but then a fairly well known choreographer was vocal on social media about it, so I don’t know the story but Brian Friedman was the choreographer who wrote about it on instagram . .

The “dust up” as I understand it, is part of a larger debate around compensation and copyright in choreography. Brian was mad about the Britney Spears choreography they used of his during the “iconic dances,” not because he wasn’t given credit, but because he didn’t get compensation. If that seems petty, think, for the music, the songwriter got compensated, Britney got compensated, the label got compensated, and the musicians who performed on the track got compensated (side note, this is likely why we get Ray Chew Live covers so often, it costs more to license both the song and the performance.) Choreography doesn’t have that setup and they’re having that debate now.

There was also question whether or not Mark took inspiration from this other persons work for the Human dance. The question there would be if he did, and if doing something like that is comparable to using a sample on a music track. Like Taylor Swift had to give Right Said Fred a writing credit on her latest song because it heavily sampled I’m too sexy. It’s not a “Mark, what a hack” accusation, its all very “inside baseball” and what seems to be an ongoing discussion in how choreographers start to unionize and demand protections for their work.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, McManda said:

Let's not pretend she was actually playing at that point. Not that I'd expect her to - that dance was involved.

I have no doubt Lindsay was playing the violin when she was being lifted by Mark. The girl is used to playing the violin while dancing and hopping around.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Pretty sure it's the Junior version being announced, as that's what intended from the press releases back in May. 

I saw a Tweet by Kristen Burt/Tom Bergeron in the media thread. The DWTS Juniors has been scrapped. Tom will let us know tonight about the Spring season.

7 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Just when I was enjoying a Julianne Hough free season...

Great dancer though.

I would rather see her go back to being a dancer on the show.  She offers nothing as a judge IMO.  Last night for example, she used her go-to critique - "You took that [fill in the blank] and made it even more amazing!"

• Love 6
6 hours ago, sab85 said:

Kym, Robert H., Apolo, Kristi, Anna T., Bindi, some more I'm probably forgetting- it was basically a reunion show. 

I saw all but Anna T. Where was she seated? I'll look for her on re-watch of the show.

6 hours ago, Uke said:

Mark had a "vision" for the Freestyle upon meeting Lindsey with her violin. It was a AHH HA moment for him. They showed that moment in the package. Looks to me like he followed through with his vision.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 1

I just watched the violin section again in Mark and Lindsey's Freestyle. I'm going to have to agree with others who feel Lindsey's violin playing was not live. Electric violins have an electrical cord and a microphone, right? There was no cord or mic attached to Lindsey's violin. She did, however, make her violin playing look convincing as she danced with Mark and was lifted by him. Still loved it.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DancingD said:

Robert Roldan was an incredibly beautiful man. Some time after SYTYCD, he had a terrible accident that involved his face. A fall, or car accident, not sure. His gorgeous smile is gone, he looks very different now.

Very true. I'm so happy for Robert that he is continuing to do what he loves to do and he is getting plenty of work. He is still handsome, but not gorgeous like he was before his accident.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

I'm old so I have no memory of whomever previously used the same song that they gave Witney for the freestyle, but I hated it then and my feelings about it did not improve watching Frankie & Witney's freestyle. I think that song could not have been more opposite of what Frankie should have danced to. 

Bethany & Derek danced a paso doble to it back in season nineteen.  Hope that jogs your memory.

4 hours ago, Uke said:

There you go.  Maybe you weren't tweeting Mark back then and didn't see his tweet linking to this IG post.  (The pic took 2 minutes to find, but I'm not going to scroll back to get the tweet for you.)

I don't know if Lindsay is doing all her own choreography this season or not.

eta: the "dust up" was a complaint by someone who also choreographed a dance (contemporary) to Human and claimed Mark copied her choreo for an AT when the only similarity was the robotic head ticks to the sound of ticks - IMO the music called for that movement and is not unique to anyone.  

Question: Where does this say that Misha Gabriel helped choreograph?  Misha isn't acknowledged here.  Anze is acknowledged for his dancing.   Brian Freidman was quite vocal on insta about how DWTS is not acknowledging the work of choreographers, in general not just the one incident, so it is interesting. If Anze did work on the Freestyle we'll maybe know about it in a few seasons on a choreographer's reel.  It just seemed familiar to me, and it was more than when Mark did a guitar dance with Sadie, it seemed like this was part of Lindsay's live show, and it's not a coincidence that Anze is her choreographer..  

At least DWTS acknowledged that Jordan and Lindsay's Freestyle particularly was Lindsay's own work by showing her bringing her notes to rehearsal.  That wasn't by accident, I think it was the show's way of making sure there was no doubt the audience knew it was her work.    

Edited by Andiethewestie

Tonight's performances:

Spoiler

Opening number

Julianne Hough & Alexander Jean

Pitbull, Fifth Harmony, and DJ Chino

Drew & Emma - freestyle

Drew & Emma - paso (redemption)

Lindsey & Mark - freestyle

Lindsey & Mark - quickstep (redemption)

Frankie & Witney - freestyle

Frankie & Witney - foxtrot (redemption)

Jordan & Lindsay - freestyle

Jordan & Lindsay - Charleston (redemption)

• Love 3