Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Only Doing It for the Money

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Capt. Lee invites a special guest to come aboard; the crew is surprised by a familiar face; an all-female charter proves to be a handful for Kate and Capt. Lee; as Matt continues to struggle, Capt. Lee takes action to prevent further embarrassment.

5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ok. Is Kyle going to go for Bruno or Jen? It could be entertaining either way. 

Por qué no los dos? Haha.

Mary Anne is great. 

I have an issue with Lee wanting to babysit Matt based on the primary's comments. Matt might be a boring chef, but in his defense he wasn't told that his food wasn't being well received until it was far too late. That doesn't need babysitting and as long as he doesn't drink Matt is basically inoffensive.

I'd rather see Lee keep an eye on Jen. The "poor ole me, working all the time so hard for nothing" routine is beyond tired.

• Love 18

I love Kate but she shouldn’t have said shit about Jen’s daughter. Over the line.

Kate antagonizes and abuses Jen at her whim just for sport. Like I said Kate’s a machine I love her, but she’s looking like she’s mean to be mean.

Nico needs to shut it he’s getting old with his whining and petty BS. 

I HAAAAVE to know where to get Kate’s horse shoe necklace ?!!!!?! Has it been mentioned here before is it Hermès ? 

• Love 5

Please, for the love of all that is holy, fire Jen and get over it all.  She is absolutely out of her element, in over her head, and a total drag on the interior.  Please.  Go home and take care of your daughter and re-consider your line of work.

• Love 24

Jen's endless whining has gotten so tiresome.  Whining cleaning up.  Whining in the morning.  Whining Capt. Lee didn't praise her.  Whining about Kate and her "mind games".  Honey, you don't have much of a mind to play with.  Kate is cutting you a lot of slack.

She should get off with the whining guests.  They seemed to love her.

Bye EJ, don't let the bulkhead hit ya on the way out!  Oh wait....  Niko is happy.  (and gets lucky, too!)  I hope he steps it up.  I'm sick of hearing about his brother.  I want to like him, but he can whine a lot too.

Mrs. Lee seems very nice.  They're a sweet couple. 

Yes Jen, you are a real delicacy.  Kate's rundown of the evening was great.  Truly unusual nobody got hammered and started fighting.  They had to behave for Mrs. Lee.

Krazy Kyle should liven things up.

Lots of Jesus Juice and a boatload of cougars, here we go.  "Nico take your shirt off"  lol.  

So Bruno is bi and Kyle is still gross.  Only saw half of that coming:)  Then he wants to take Jen out.  You go dude!  Hah, he hasn't been around long enough to see how nuts she is.

I'm missing the Kate-Jen-whore thing.  wth?  I have no clue what Jen's problem is and assume she misunderstood, as usual.

I don't think Matt is "depending" on Bruno, just making use of available help and having fun.  But it's next to last charter, why not mess with his head.  I hope he gets it together.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

But Jen was just calling out Kate’s whoring ways because she’s her friend and she’s worried for her because she thinks Kate is just so miserable. Because clearly Jen is completely fulfilled by life and is the one to judge someone else’s life.

Preach.  Jen is so young.  And dumb.  She thought she caught Kate in a screw-up by mentioning her daughter, but because she forgot she started it with her own "whore" comment, Kate smothered her.  And all she could think of to say is: "you're miserable...and I think that's sad."  Ok, Jen.  Grab the bench.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

But Jen was just calling out Kate’s whoring ways because she’s her friend and she’s worried for her because she thinks Kate is just so miserable. Because clearly Jen is completely fulfilled by life and is the one to judge someone else’s life.

Yeah - I guess we will see how fulfilled she is next week, when Jen calls someone else a whore (I couldn't figure out whom from the previews).  I don't understand Jen at all.  She is the one who is always talking about sex and she told the guys she was giving herself an orgasm during their first night out.  She is probably one of the weirdest crew members ever!  

• Love 20

Jen, get off of my tv.

Kate may have gone over the line a bit, but I'd have thrown her ass overboard by now.  Kate didn't say anything about the child; if anything she was inferring that Jen was sleeping around.  Jen was all 'oh you don't talk about a child'.  She didn't you idiot.  Whining, petulant child.  She shouldn't be in any sort of service industry, too thin skinned.  Not sure what she'd be good at - trophy wife?  Cannot believe she's a realtor.  

• Love 18

Holy smokes.  I'm both excited for and fearful of next week's episode when Jen goes off the deepend.

She's out of her element in the yachting world.  If you can't ask "how high?" when the boss says "jump" in the yachting world each and every time, the yachting world ain't for you.  

Jen and Matt don't belong in this world for this one single reason.  They need a slower pace and more collaborative work environment.  I think Matt is likely a very good chef but his lack of consistency seems to be a product of the environment - combined with a few personal issues.

Jen has other issues for sure, e.g narcissism and corresponding lack of accountability being at the top of the list but I think alot of what we are seeing now is the last few dominos falling from her being a fish out of water from the get-go. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

So Bruno is bi and Kyle is still gross.  Only saw half of that coming:)  Then he wants to take Jen out.  You go dude!  Hah, he hasn't been around long enough to see how nuts she is.

Well he did says she was crazy just like he likes 'em.  I loved wen he told her he could win an argument quickly with her and she seemed to take it as a compliment.  I also love that Jen is mad that Kate implied that she's a whore but forgets it was in response to her straight up calling Kate a whore.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Not sure what she'd be good at - trophy wife?  Cannot believe she's a realtor.  

If she'd get her personality, nose, and emotional maturity level fixed, she might be able to sell Barbie dream houses. I keep thinking of when she was talking to her daughter, and her daughter was doing the parenting: "It'll be OK."  CRINGE. Trophy wife? Nope. Her head mounted on the wall in Kate's den? Possible.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Because clearly Jen is completely fulfilled by life and is the one to judge someone else’s life.

I admire her. How can anyone be so oblivious to her own obnoxiousness (start with the voice) and whining? If I were that annoying, I'd have to shoot myself because I'm too self-aware and also a humanitarian.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Well he did says she was crazy just like he likes 'em.  I loved wen he told her he could win an argument quickly with her and she seemed to take it as a compliment.  I also love that Jen is mad that Kate implied that she's a whore but forgets it was in response to her straight up calling Kate a whore.

OMG.  Best moment of the season was when Kyle said Jen "has an expensive chest and a bit of crazy, which I like" (or something close to that!).    He had her number at hello. Jen should take it where she can get it.  Bi-ky has a little crazy too.  Could be good - or at least good entertainment.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Are there really people who believe that EJ and Baker really had a love interest?  No chemistry and I"m not even sure they both are heterosexual.

I didn't see the chemistry. Terribly polite Boy Scout + girl who could kick ass on the roller derby circuit? Hmm.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ok. Is Kyle going to go for Bruno or Jen? It could be entertaining either way. 

3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

13 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Well he did says she was crazy just like he likes 'em.  I loved when he told her he could win an argument quickly with her and she seemed to take it as a compliment.

Kyle would choose Jen because Kyle's primary attraction is to crazy. It doesn't matter if you have a penis or a vagina as long as you're crazy, messy, or unhinged, Kyle will be into you. Also he likes his guys a bit femme. Kyle was way into the People's Couch guys. Bruno is not femme.

I love Kyle because he's a mess. He cheated on Ashley with Bin Shed (Dumpster) Girl, the mother of his daughter. Bin Shed got knocked up and had their second daughter. He got arrested for robbing a bar. He's a disaster.

24 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Nico couldn't even be nice to EJ on his way out. I hope he knows that you can't keep using your brother's death as an excuse for being a complete douche forever.  EJ was way classier leaving than he needed to be considering Nico did everything to undermine him and nothing to help.

Nico is such a douchebag. He just is. EJ is a cornball, but he's a decent sort. Nico is just a petulant bratty child. He needs to grow up.

2 hours ago, Nancypants said:

I'm not the least bit violent, but I would totally punch Jen in the throat if I could

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said about Jen. She's awful. I keep muttering "shut up you fucking idiot." I used to love going through her Twitter when the show was airing because she was just as defenseless and clueless as she is on the show. Except she finally learned how to block and dismiss people this week. She had a handful of fans, but most of the tweets were slightly nicer versions of what we have to say about her--that she is a lazy passive aggressiveness whiner.

• Love 10
4 HOURS AGO, PAPERTREE SAID:

Jen's endless whining has gotten so tiresome. Whining cleaning up. Whining in the morning. Whining Capt. Lee didn't praise her. Whining about Kate and her "mind games". Honey, you don't have much of a mind to play with. Kate is cutting you a lot of slack.

Whinin' in the mornin'! Whinin' in the evenin'! Whinin' at suppertime! Be my whiny steward, and whine me all the time!

• Love 9
On 11/8/2017 at 0:30 AM, jumper sage said:

My parents had that album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is one cool cat.  His daughter?  Not so much.

Wait.  Do you mean Herb Albert's daughter?  If so, what's the deal?

On 11/8/2017 at 0:34 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

This isn't the only time Jenderella has been shown eating instead of doing work.  On the episode where she was late for the morning sift because she got up late and then spent like half an hour on her hair while the guests wandered around asking for coffee she makes herself a PB&J and eats part of it before tending to the guests (and by that time Matt's already given up and just dealt with it).  Normally maybe it wouldn't be a big deal, but it's Jen, so you know that PB&J took a good 20 minutes to make.  

Jenderalla!  

• Love 1

Captain Lee's blog

Jen, OK, I’m at a loss. I don’t know what to say to I’m just going to take a pass on you this week, because I am truly at a loss for words. I have writer’s block on this subject, because this behavior and my description of it would only be the epitome of redundancy. We only have two charters to go. I hope by the grace of God we make it with you in one piece.

http://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/season-5/blogs/captain-lee-rosbach/captain-lee-i-miss-my-wife-terribly

32 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Wait.  Do you mean Herb Albert's daughter?  If so, what's the deal?

She was the picky guest who kept complaining about the food, but much like Jen wouldn't allow them to correct it. She also kept saying that she wouldn't have let that happen at her restaurant. Here's the menu; it looks unremarkable:

http://www.vibratogrilljazz.com/menu/

• Love 3

Damn, EJ has NO game. If he and Baker do see each other back in the states, it's going to be a year or more before he even gives her a kiss. They're both such dorks, though! Totally made for each other. 

Wow, kind of crazy that the primaries left without saying goodbye. What exactly was their issue? Just the food? I mean, Matt isn't A-MAZING, but I don't think he made any major snafus. Was it being docked the entire time? Because, if so, that's really no one's fault and I thought the crew did a really good job making up for it. I guess they tipped anyway, but still....and chef lady didn't need to call Matt out in front of everyone like that. I thought that was very tacky. 

I still want to know if Nico got any of that tip? 

LOVED seeing Marianne. She seems super sweet and I loved listening to Cap'n Lee talk about her. #relationshipgoals

So Jen whines all season about the lovin everyone else is getting.....well.....Jen, meet Kyle! Hahahaha! Of course he's instantly attracted to that crazy broad. I enjoy Kyle. He makes me laugh. But he's nutso. Is his second kid with the same baby mama? Did they find a different trash bin this time? 

The new guests seem a lot easier to please, but they're the kind of rich Jesus people that really rub me wrong. Gloating about their boat being better than others out on the water. Asking Nico to take his shirt off for them. I'm sorry, but what chapter in the Bible condones pride and sexual harassment? 

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with Lee about pulling Bruno out of the kitchen. I think he helps Matt shine. Should Matt need him? No. But Matt is clearly a very insecure cook. He's too hot and cold; his cooking is dictated by his mood. Having someone helping him boosts his confidence a bit. Yes, it's kind of pathetic that a deckhand has better ideas than the fucking chef, but this late in the game you're not hiring a new one, so just let it be. 

Jen. Jen, Jen, Jen. I really hate how when she doesn't know something, she throws her fellow crew under the bus to the guests. She's such a fucking tool. That's why I have no sympathy for her with the kid comment Kate made. I know it seems like I'm always defending Kate, but whatever. Jen is the type that wants to engage in the sarcastic banter.....until SHE doesn't like what was said. She called Kate a "whore" first, so.....

• Love 15
10 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I don't think it matters. Kyle likes nuts. I think that's why he was chatting her up, he can zero in on her craziness already. 

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Jen us 32.

With the brain of a 5-year-old. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Jen called Kate an old whore. Whiny ass Jen started it. She's so so stupid and whiny and lazy,  ... Kate was restrained.

9 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

No, the comment meant that Jen got pregnant by whoring around.  Was it mean?  Sure, but it was a quick comeback to Jen calling Kate, her boss, an old whore!   #TeamKate

Jen most certainly is a strange, whiny underachiever who has no place working successfully in this environment. Kate should never drag a child into a whoring around comeback. That’s an innocent child. No. No. No. And that’s my problem with her comeback. They are all getting burned out and are tired and it was a slip. Kate’s rage over how shitty Jen is over came her more, and she wouldn’t apologize for that part of it she doubled down and I didn’t like it. Children shouldn’t be the collateral damage because Jen is sub par at her job. Again, Jen sucks. Granted. A child’s existence isn’t fodder and for exhibit. You’re better than that Kate, and a professional. 

• Love 3

Normally I would say kids are 100% off limits however when someone (anyone) calls me an "old whore" or just "whore" all bets are OFF. You wanta play? I'll play! (Said Kate's brain) I too, would have fired Jens ass---first off, long ago. I doubt Kate can fire people as this is a TV show not a real cruise BUT IRL she would have been swimming home!

Klyle and Jen?? OK. Maybe she'll shut up for 5 mins. Can you imagine? "Kyle isn't a good lover. He expects me to move and make sounds!!! I just want to lie there while he worships me" BLECH....She's the worst server ever "Nobody told me the special" Not their job to tell you, it's your job to ASK before you see the guests.

Wait Jen a real estate agent? Well that explains her attitude. RE agents are independent contractors. They pay a fee to an office but they run their business as they see fit (or not) They don't really answer to anybody and if they don't work they don't get paid. It's all up to them. Bust your ass and you can make an amazing living. Sit around moaning? Those people usually wash out because they need structure and someone to tell them what to do. That's one of the reasons older woman go into RE. We DON"T want to be told what to do and we like to be independent. (I'm not an agent, used to be) but for someone like her it's a disaster. Of course, she can't take direction AT ALL! 

Loved Captain Lee and his beautiful wife! Congrats on a long and happy marriage!!

Adding----I do work in RE but in the admin. end of things.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Kate should never drag a child into a whoring around comeback. That’s an innocent child. No. No. No. 

It was a quip about sex. It wasn't bringing her child into it. What cemented my hate for Jen is insisting that she was married when she had her child. She called Kate an old whore and Jen repeatedly stating that she was married when she had her kid was what actually highlighted it. Does she thinks kids not born in wedlock should be frowned  upon? And if her dream was to sail the seas why did she get married and have a kid? Shut the fuck up Jen. Your boring and I hate you.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

When I heard "How old is your daughter again?"  I heard a not a thing about sex, just a clapback using Jen's  child for ammo ,  no bueno. 

Jen said her talents were in the bedroom and that she wasn't a whore like Kate which led to Kate asking how old her daughter was, it was not out of nowhere and Jen started the talk.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Jen called Kate an old whore. Whiny ass Jen started it. She's so so stupid and whiny and lazy,  ... Kate was restrained.

Wow, yeah. Jen should have been fired for that. That is the epitome of insubordination.  True, Kate shouldn't have lashed out and said that about Jen's daughter, and what she said didn't really make any sense.  If Jen was married when she had her daughter, what the heck was Kate trying to say? Anyway, they only have two more charters left. Jen needs to go asap.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

When I heard "How old is your daughter again?"  I heard a not a thing about sex, just a clapback using Jen's  child for ammo ,  no bueno. 

Not me. It was basically about saying who had been having sex longer. Jen was the one to equate it with "whoring around". She was trying to act like Kate has been at the game SO much longer than her. Kate was merely making a point that Jen obviously had to have been having sex ____ amount of years, because she has a kid. She didn't say anything negative about the kid herself. Kate is only 34. Jen was said to be in her 30s as well. I thought she was kind of trying to age shame Kate, and Kate was just pointing out the obvious. 

21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Jen said her talents were in the bedroom and that she wasn't a whore like Kate which led to Kate asking how old her daughter was, it was not out of nowhere and Jen started the talk.

Yup. Like I said in my initial post, Jen likes to engage in the banter up until the point that SHE decides she doesn't like it anymore. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Wow, yeah. Jen should have been fired for that. That is the epitome of insubordination.  True, Kate shouldn't have lashed out and said that about Jen's daughter 

That's it. Fire her,  don't lower yourself to Jen's type of banter. Kate is a professional and should fish or cut bait on that move , should have weeks ago. Jen is a disaster for sure. 

• Love 2

I actually laughed out loud when, as desperate as Jen is......she still turned Kyle down!  That's pretty cold. lol I get it though. Both of them skeeve me out. 

Hey Honey, if I find my food bland, I just add a little salt and pepper.  I do get how you expect a lot on a paid excursion like that though.  The meals should be out of this world.  The thing is that most people really want something tasty and not just pretty as a picture.  I thought the eggs benedict looked awesome.  That's the kind of thing that I would expect for a meal.  As a paying guest, I would expect more than a cold breakfast and salad for lunch.  To me, a salad or sandwich is not adequate in that type of luxury trip.  (Unless, it is requested.) Anyone can prepare a salad or sandwich.  To me it screams lazy.  But, I would make that clear in my REQUEST BEFORE hand, so they prepare and don't serve me those things. 

I don't buy that Matt's food is now subpar.  What happened to the VERY upscale and impressive food in the beginning of the season? I smell contrivance.  And, Kate makes a good point.  Why would the Captain pull HELP from the kitchen, if he is worried about the quality for the remainder of the tour? I mean, isn't the Captain's goal to make the paying guests happy?  Why is it up to him to help Matt grow as a chef? Sounds like contrived BS to me. 

I don't think there was chemistry with E.J. and Baker.  Just something to add interest, imo.  I think they both want to be in the friend category, regardless of what they said about it. 

• Love 6

I think their (Captain Lee and Kate's) hands are tied behind their backs as to what they can or cannot do. IRL I think a lot of these so called crew would have been fired many episodes ago. It is clear that Captain hates to babysit and his latest charge is Matt who is not doing a superior job in the galley and stands to flunk without Bruno's help. Poor Kate just has two more charters to suffer through with Jen who is so inept she seems to ask her 8-10 year old for life advice. Sigh. I don't think this format with the totally unskilled workers made for a good season of watching. Give them a decent crew and then bring on guests like the housewives of ______. The biggest hazard would all the broken glasses and dishes. Topsiders for everyone. Between this lackluster season and all the hurricane damage to the Caribbean this show might be in jeopardy of being renewed. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She also kept saying that she wouldn't have let that happen at her restaurant. Here's the menu; it looks unremarkable:

http://www.vibratogrilljazz.com/menu/

The food looks unremarkable. The menu itself has been sprinkled with words and phrases intended to impress (e.g. the mashed potatoes are "pommes puree"). Under the king salmon, is "seasame" a typo? Google thinks so.

4 hours ago, Sai said:

Yet again when asked a question by the guests Jen says she doesn't know because no one told her.  She's a straight up ASS and very unprofessional.  I used to waitress and the first thing I did when I came in for my shift was ask what the specials were, what the soup of the day was, what the vegetables of the day were, etc.  It's not anybody's job to chase down employees and let them know what the specials are.  It's up to Jen to ask.

Based on what I saw, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt in that I think she asked and Matt hadn't decided yet. But that doesn't excuse her from copping an attitude about it in front of the guests.

22 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That's it. Fire her,  don't lower yourself to Jen's type of banter. Kate is a professional and should fish or cut bait on that move , should have weeks ago. Jen is a disaster for sure.

Isn't that what the producers wanted? Kate probably can't fire her (or anyone else she's been unhappy with). That would explain Kate's attitude, and Jen's.

Edited by LoneHaranguer
  • Love 3