Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/30/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, mrbean5411 said:

Congresswoman Wilson tried to tear her a new one, but just came off as a raving lunatic. Meghan showed incredible restraint and was completely professional in her reaction to the congresswoman's highly inappropriate action.

Megan showed restraint?? Did hell freeze over that day?

• Love 7

I wonder if there will ever be a day that John McCain isn't mentioned.   We get it.  Meghan is John McCain's daughter.  Next she'll legally change her name to John so we're constantly reminded why she got the job.

• Love 23
18 hours ago, Fannysue said:

Well,she isn't treating Sunny very kindly - accusing her of rolling her eyes today!   What is Whoopi's problem?  

For several weeks posters here have commented on how rude and condescending* Whoopi is to Sunny.

*And who does she think she is???  Sunny's education and professional records are something to be admired...greatly.   ETA:  And I'm not even a Sunny fan.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn't know about how "red meat" was used on other shows, and was going to snark on it--about adding it to her list of buzz words, like Tribal, culture wars, etc

Surely someone here has the talent and inclination to make a poem (call it a rap) for Ms. McCain and her buzz words.

• Love 6

If all the "stuff" already mentioned about MM wasn't enough, today she walks out wearing Sarah Huckabee Sanders' red ruffled-bottomed dress.  How far up the administration's butt can she get?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mrbean5411 said:

Congresswoman Wilson tried to tear her a new one, but just came off as a raving lunatic. Meghan showed incredible restraint and was completely professional in her reaction to the congresswoman's highly inappropriate action.

Yes, I tend to agree. 

41 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

Megan showed restraint?? Did hell freeze over that day?

Yup.:)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Aw, man!  I'm sorry I missed this because my daughter's wedding was 4 weeks ago and I spent a good year engrossed in planning.  I can understand the blues since it occupied so much of my time and now?  It's over. :(

Please no.

Co-sign!!  No need to get vulgar!!

• Love 3

I think the poster up thread nailed it when they said PRODUCER WHOOPI probably pushed heavily for Jed to go and MM to take her place. It makes so much sense, especially given how Whoopi seems to love having MM on the panel.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I think the poster up thread nailed it when they said PRODUCER WHOOPI probably pushed heavily for Jed to go and MM to take her place. It makes so much sense, especially given how Whoopi seems to love having MM on the panel.

Unless I missed it, or she's a SEKRITH Producer, Whoopi ain't a producer on this show. 

And also? Meghan needs to learn the difference between Free Speech and Hate Speech, when she threw out that Shebeast Coulter's name as someone who is "afraid" to go and talk. Which is just bullshit. That racist piece of shit vicious hateful creature isn't afraid of jack shit. People just don't want to listen to her spewing hateful shit. Nowhere has it been said she's not allowed, but these folks that want to do it, go ahead. There is nothing in the First Amendment that states that there aren't CONSEQUENCES.

• Love 14

Who in the world is Meghan McCain to talk about respect for elders when she rolls her eyes, huffs, and stares daggers at Joy every morning? Have to love her translation of Hillary paying a firm that employed a British MI6 officer to spy on Russian informants as "She paid Russian informants!!!" But she is privileged and probably didn't need to worry about her grades in school, so I don't think her comprehension skills are that great.

If we're looking for nicknames for her thread, how 'bout, in commemoration of her Halloween costume--Red Whiny Bitch?

15 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Misstep #14.     I think Ms. McCain used her quota of silly jargon in one day (today): REDMEATREDMEATREDMEAT ... REDRUM !

I like this "red meat" expression of hers. She's basically calling Trump supporters crazed and blood-thirsty animals.

4 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

You're remembering that very differently than I do. I remember Meghan looking like she was going to burst into tears when she got laid into for being disgusting (and me laughing and laughing afterwards).

• Love 14

I’d go with “Wannabe Maverick” as her tagline. 

I’m still undecided about Meghan. I’d rather she not be on the panel (I preferred the 4 person panel pre-Meghan and post-Jed), but I don’t completely dislike her. I’m just surprised that they let her talk as much as she does. They don’t argue back as much as they should. It’s almost like they’re afraid to yell too much to the point where they don’t want to be accused in the media of being too mean to her, ala Rosie and Elisabeth. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, geekburger said:

It really does seem that way. What exactly did she have against Jed I wonder..she even laughed at her crappy jokes

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Have to love her translation of Hillary paying a firm that employed a British MI6 officer to spy on Russian informants as "She paid Russian informants!!!"

Did she say this in response to Hillary's interview with Trevor Noah last night? GTFO.

4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I like this "red meat" expression of hers. She's basically calling Trump supporters crazed and blood-thirsty animals.

Is she? She kept using that term to talk about the REASON for the attack in New York. "The Red Meat of this attack is because..." That doesn't sound like she's calling his supporters anything.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Whoopi was far too giddy after Jedi's departure for her not to have a hand in it!  My dislike for McBlabby has nothing to do with her political views, but her obnoxious attitude. I agree with many points Whoops struggles to articulate, but find her to be insufferable. Whoops and MM are cut from the same entitled bolt of cloth. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is she? She kept using that term to talk about the REASON for the attack in New York. "The Red Meat of this attack is because..." That doesn't sound like she's calling his supporters anything.

I guess when I hear her say he’s throwing red meat at his base, I imagine someone throwing red meat into a pack of hyenas.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 14

Oh, before I forget to mention this, Mrs. Whoopie was on Andy Cohen's show the other night, and mentioned to Andy that MM was terrific and a very good fit for the show.  Therefore, I had to barf, AGAIN.  I am losing weight as I speak.  Blaughhhhhhh. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I guess when I hear her say he’s throwing red meat at his base, I imagine someone throwing red meat into a pack of hyenas.

Huh. I don't recall her saying that, but then again, after the second time she said "red meat" when talking about the attack in NY, I zoned her out.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did she say this in response to Hillary's interview with Trevor Noah last night? GTFO.

Yeah. Just like a typical FOX parrot, she learns a new buzzword and fails to use it in its proper context. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meghan continues to suffer from whataboutism. And the audience continues to suffer from her shrillness.

While I agree that whataboutism can be quite annoying, but I'm sure that Meghan is just pointing out their hypocrisy. You never hear them complain about Democrats who engage in similar behavior so she is just pointing it out.

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Who in the world is Meghan McCain to talk about respect for elders when she rolls her eyes, huffs, and stares daggers at Joy every morning? Have to love her translation of Hillary paying a firm that employed a British MI6 officer to spy on Russian informants as "She paid Russian informants!!!" But she is privileged and probably didn't need to worry about her grades in school, so I don't think her comprehension skills are that great.

If we're looking for nicknames for her thread, how 'bout, in commemoration of her Halloween costume--Red Whiny Bitch?

You're remembering that very differently than I do. I remember Meghan looking like she was going to burst into tears when she got laid into for being disgusting (and me laughing and laughing afterwards).

You saw what you wanted to see and perhaps I did too. Perception is everything.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Catnip said:

Whoopi was far too giddy after Jedi's departure for her not to have a hand in it!  My dislike for McBlabby has nothing to do with her political views, but her obnoxious attitude. I agree with many points Whoops struggles to articulate, but find her to be insufferable. Whoops and MM are cut from the same entitled bolt of cloth. 

Im seeing a new reboot.  Or a spinoff, either or......CLASH of the titans¿¿

2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I’m just surprised that they let her talk as much as she does. They don’t argue back as much as they should. It’s almost like they’re afraid to yell too much to the point where they don’t want to be accused in the media of being too mean to her, ala Rosie and Elisabeth. 

I wonder if they are going easy on her out of respect for her father.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, she said this in response to the discussion about Mueller's investigation of the Trump campaign. Her knee jerk reaction was to assert that Hillary did exactly the same and should be investigated too.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

No, she said this in response to the discussion about Mueller's investigation of the Truno campaign. Her knee jerk reaction was to assert that Hillary did exactly the same and should be investigated too.

Oh, Brother! ?????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

He's another blogger. Her grandiose attitude  is what has always turned me off about her. I just find her completely boring..  Russia is all over everything.. As are we Whoopi. But, I did like her throwing in a quote from Pops McCain. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Instead of a RED MEAT drinking game, why don't we all just mimic throwing meat at our televisions?

• Love 1

I don't have any animosity toward Meghan McCain. I just think she's a terrible fit for this show. She seems uncomfortable, on edge, defensive, unhappy, and her statements just don't sound that intelligent. When she discussed her engagement, even that seemed joy less. Maybe she could join her ultra right wing fiance on his blog and together they can spout right wing ideology, hopefully without too much plagiarism. (See wikipedia article about Ben Domenech re plagiarism.)

• Love 12

No. She has a nice big family that is loving and great and I'm sure lots of great friends. But, her mother is not why she has gotten the opportunities she has. I have gone back and forth on her for years now. I don't hate her or think she is evil, I think she is just super privileged and that is how it is. She just thinks her opinions are much more important than they are. She's a snot, and she loves to play the victim. But, she's just so boring about it. Own it Meghan, go big. You're going to get dragged either way, so go hog wild. Please!! Snore. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

No. She has a nice big family that is loving and great and I'm sure lots of great friends. But, her mother is not why she has gotten the opportunities she has. I have gone back and forth on her for years now. I don't hate her or think she is evil, I think she is just super privileged and that is how it is. She just thinks her opinions are much more important than they are. She's a snot, and she loves to play the victim. But, she's just so boring about it. Own it Meghan, go big. You're going to get dragged either way, so go hog wild. Please!! Snore. 

She has a nice trust fund due to her mom. Cindy is the Chair of Hensley & Co which is a big Anheuser-Busch distributor.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh, and though I am not Muslim, I do know what "Allah Hu Akbar means." It's not a war cry; or a shout that means "death to infidels." It means "God is great." That phrase is used in ALL different situations. The fanatics just twist it and use it for their own fanaticism.  Just like every other fanatic of any other religion.

JEEBUS CRIPES.

I cringed during that part of the conversation, because they kept saying "Allah Akbar" which just means Allah Great and isn't grammatically sound. Allahu Akbar is Allah is Greater, as in Allah is over and above everything and is always Greater in comparisson. We Muslims use that phrase for everything, when we start to pray, when we see something amazing, etc.. When you're at a Muslim event and someone does something worthy of a clap someone will yell out Takbir! And the rest of us will reply with Allahu Akbar.

• Love 13

Please make sure your comments are about the show. Feel free to start a Megan thread if your comments are more general or about her family. This is the thread for this week's shows.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, susieq147 said:

He sounds like a real winner.  Not.

wow thats some pedigree.  not.

The one thing that jumped out at me, and I paraphrase because I cant find it now.  It said Domenech was hired at some place because he was a rebel republican and could shake things up. LOLOL ! Where oh Where have we heard that before? Everybody loves a bad boy. (Sigh, me included lol)

27 minutes ago, deaja said:

Please make sure your comments are about the show. Feel free to start a Megan thread if your comments are more general or about her family. This is the thread for this week's shows.

Thank you!

Im sorry Deaja.  I posted too soon ....premature posting heehee, I crack myself up lol

• Love 3