Type keyword(s) to search

Annie & David: On An Allowance at 48? He's Good, I Think

• Start Topic

I got more tea... this time on David. His daughter did an interview with a lady named Auntie who does YouTube reviews of the show.  She told Auntie that they are still living in the firehouse and David take odd jobs here and there, and, quite possibly, more handouts from Chris.

She also said that her 18-year-old brother hangs out at the firehouse sometimes which means that they do have cable TV because otherwise he wouldn't be there. And, that David 'babysits' when his son is there because, he is, after all, closer to Annie's age and he doesn't want anything to happen between them. My guess would be that Annie is desperately lonely and David senses that.

Also, David has a job standing in a costume on the roadside. The boss made an employee film him getting into the costume because apparently, he was having his 18-year-old son do the work while David collected the money. The only way the boss trusted that it was actually David doing the work was to have another employee film him actually getting into the costume.  

So he's David Mascot.

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I got more tea... this time on David. His daughter did an interview with a lady named Auntie who does YouTube reviews of the show.  She told Auntie that they are still living in the firehouse and David take odd jobs here and there, and, quite possibly, more handouts from Chris.

She also said that her 18-year-old brother hangs out at the firehouse sometimes which means that they do have cable TV because otherwise he wouldn't be there. And, that David 'babysits' when his son is there because, he is, after all, closer to Annie's age and he doesn't want anything to happen between them. My guess would be that Annie is desperately lonely and David senses that.

Also, David has a job standing in a costume on the roadside. The boss made an employee film him getting into the costume because apparently, he was having his 18-year-old son do the work while David collected the money. The only way the boss trusted that it was actually David doing the work was to have another employee film him actually getting into the costume.  

So he's David Mascot.

Wow.  

Can a 90 Day Bride get a divorce before the green card?  It seems that Annie's parents got the better deal in the marriage, a water buffalo that works.

• Love 21

A little bit of info about the 10 years and divorce:

Responsibilities as a Sponsor

When you sign the affidavit of support, you accept legal responsibility for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant(s) generally until they become U.S. citizens or can be credited with 40 quarters of work. Your obligation also ends if you or the individual sponsored dies or if the individual sponsored ceases to be a permanent resident and departs the United States. 

Note: Divorce does NOT end the sponsorship obligation.

If the individual you sponsored receives any "means-tested public benefits," you are responsible for repaying the cost of those benefits to the agency that provided them. If you do not repay the debt, the agency can sue you in court to get the money owed. Any joint sponsors or household members whose income is used to meet the minimum income requirements are also legally responsible for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant.

---------

So Chris and Nikki don't have to set Annie up in a mansion.  They just have to keep her off the welfare rolls . . .

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

What does David have against getting a real job? Dude seems to do anything to avoid it. And he looks like he has health problems, so how how does he live without insurance? 

My son was a sign spinner for a few months right after he turned 16. His boss made him take a picture of himself standing in front of the place he was supposed to spin the sign and send it to her to make sure he was actually there. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 4

Wow, that is pretty bad if he is just working as a mascot.  Talk about humiliating.  Although if he and Annie are married now, she can get a job and get out of the firehouse.  My opinion of Annie has gone down after last week.  I think she just wanted to come to the USA and life the good life courtesy of Nikki and Chris.  David is a loser, but I think he is an honest loser.  He told her in Thailand that he doesn't have money.  The reason I look down on her is that she pretends to love and care about him (at least 90% of the time), but she doesn't.  I don't blame her for that, but her dishonesty in the relationship makes her lose respect in my eyes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Is this the costume?

CF74423A-3E48-43BF-BF99-3EFF34AA1C18.jpeg

Here he is putting on the costume, and it's so dark and humiliating that even I'm going a little easy on him.  

Chris had him videotaped. Here's what he wrote:

"David Toborowsky didn't want a 9/5 job but he needed some money so I offered him an occasional gig as my mascot for fort locks self storage in Louisville as sergeant storage. I asked my manager to film him to make sure he got in it and didn't have his son do it for him. I'm actually very proud of him for doing it. I paid him a couple hundred bucks for a few hours of waving to the cars that drive by."

Sh%t! A couple of hundred bucks for a few hours sounds more like a handout to me. David was not happy with being videotaped. He mumbled a few cuss words when he saw the woman come in recording him with what presumably must have been her phone.

Chris says he's proud, but recording him and posting it is humiliating unless he's just trying to prove that the guy is actually working.

He must think his friend is a real slimy, slippery slug if he thinks his friend would make his son do it and collect the money. His best friend, the slug.

It seems really passive/aggressive to me. Posting the video.

enhance.jpeg

Edited by CoachWristletJen
Found stuff out
  • Love 7
Just now, CoachWristletJen said:

Here he is putting on the costume, and it's so dark and humiliating that even I'm going a little easy on him.  

Here's what I think. He must have done something to really piss off his boss! Maybe his boss figured out that he was making his son work and pocketing the money for himself? Apparently that's why they needed the proof. But why video proof? Couldn't the woman have just told him, yes, David is in there putting on the costume? It's not his son this time.  

And why upload it to Facebook?

Here's what happens on the video: The woman walks down the hall and says, "Sorry Mr. David..." And then follows with words to the effect that the boss wanted it done. And, David mumbles some cuss words and continues to try to figure out the costume.  (His son may well have been doing it in his stead because he doesn't seem to know how to put it on.)

Sad, just sad.

At least he's working.

enhance.jpeg

I kind of feel sorry for him, he must be humiliated, and I hate seeing anyone humiliated. But then I think of how this loser put himself in this position. I mean, he spent the last however many years partying it up in Thailand, living off his skeevy friend, and despite being virtually penniless, feels he's entitled to import a bride years younger than himself when he has no means to support her or himself. We all make mistakes in life, I have as well, but most of us try to get ourselves out of whatever mess we've gotten into and work to improve ourselves. David Poor did none of that. Did he really think he was just going to live the "highlife" out in Thailand forever and that he'd never have to wake up and take some actual personal responsibility for himself? When I weigh all that in my mind, I guess I feel, 25% bad for him, and that's only because I hate seeing virtually anyone be so downtrodden, even if they did it to themselves. The other 75% of me feels like he's reaped what he's sown. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Here's what I think. He must have done something to really piss off his boss! Maybe his boss figured out that he was making his son work and pocketing the money for himself? Apparently that's why they needed the proof. But why video proof? Couldn't the woman have just told him, yes, David is in there putting on the costume? It's not his son this time.  

And why upload it to Facebook?

Here's what happens on the video: The woman walks down the hall and says, "Sorry Mr. David..." And then follows with words to the effect that the boss wanted it done. And, David mumbles some cuss words and continues to try to figure out the costume.  (His son may well have been doing it in his stead because he doesn't seem to know how to put it on.)

Sad, just sad.

At least he's working.

enhance.jpeg

Oy.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

I kind of feel sorry for him, he must be humiliated, and I hate seeing anyone humiliated. But then I think of how this loser put himself in this position. I mean, he spent the last however many years partying it up in Thailand, living off his skeevy friend, and despite being virtually penniless, feels he's entitled to import a bride years younger than himself when he has no means to support her or himself. We all make mistakes in life, I have as well, but most of us try to get ourselves out of whatever mess we've gotten into and work to improve ourselves. David Poor did none of that. Did he really think he was just going to live the "highlife" out in Thailand forever and that he'd never have to wake up and take some actual personal responsibility for himself? When I weigh all that in my mind, I guess I feel, 25% bad for him, and that's only because I hate seeing virtually anyone be so downtrodden, even if they did it to themselves. The other 75% of me feels like he's reaped what he's sown. 

I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for him.  AT ALL.  His politics make him abhorrent to me and his sloth and entitled attitude and behavior are just the cherry on top of that hypocritical cake.  He can walk his political talk and stop being a taker (cause you know when he keels over from a coronary WE will be paying his hospital bills).  Perhaps this job will be good for him.   

• Love 13
56 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Jump around. Dance for the people, dance!

enhance (1).jpeg

Isn't he facing the wrong way?! And what do you want to bet he paid him in cash so he wouldn't have to pay taxes on it?

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for him.  AT ALL.  His politics make him abhorrent to me and his sloth and entitled attitude and behavior are just the cherry on top of that hypocritical cake.  He can walk his political talk and stop being a taker (cause you know when he keels over from a coronary WE will be paying his hospital bills).  Perhaps this job will be good for him.   

Agree 100%. He CHOOSES to be humiliated because he clearly has other means to make a living and he chooses that. He did have a job and a home and a family. I am starting to think that he has some kind of mental or personality problem, where a 9-5 is so abhorrent that you choose to dance in the street as a mascot and live in a firehouse on someone else's dime. 

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Agree 100%. He CHOOSES to be humiliated because he clearly has other means to make a living and he chooses that. He did have a job and a home and a family. I am starting to think that he has some kind of mental or personality problem, where a 9-5 is so abhorrent that you choose to dance in the street as a mascot and live in a firehouse on someone else's dime. 

He’s a leech. 

And Chris is hurting him by continuing to enable him.

Something is clearly wrong with Chris, too.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

A little bit of info about the 10 years and divorce:

Responsibilities as a Sponsor

When you sign the affidavit of support, you accept legal responsibility for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant(s) generally until they become U.S. citizens or can be credited with 40 quarters of work. Your obligation also ends if you or the individual sponsored dies or if the individual sponsored ceases to be a permanent resident and departs the United States. 

Note: Divorce does NOT end the sponsorship obligation.

If the individual you sponsored receives any "means-tested public benefits," you are responsible for repaying the cost of those benefits to the agency that provided them. If you do not repay the debt, the agency can sue you in court to get the money owed. Any joint sponsors or household members whose income is used to meet the minimum income requirements are also legally responsible for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant.

---------

So Chris and Nikki don't have to set Annie up in a mansion.  They just have to keep her off the welfare rolls . . .

I agree with the friend's wife.  If my husband signed on for all that without fully discussing it with me......I would NOT be amused. 

• Love 6

Wow. (Not for you if bad language offends you.)

Also, there are a couple of long pauses when Ashley gets cut off, but I'm glad I stuck it out...interesting info from David's daughter. (I feel bad for her getting a stuck with a father like that)  0_o

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 3

OMG, I would think one of the last jobs I’d want is to be a mascot spinning a sign. I’m not looking down on honest work, but from a comfort perspective in the Gulf.Coast area of Texas.  And having to marinate in a funky outfit that reeks of someone else’s sweat. We’ve got some sign spinners that literally have it down to high performance art, but these are young athletic kids.

David Poor is out of shape and can barely walk. Neuropathy absolutely sucks green donkey balls and I cold weather makes it worse. I acquired mine through chemo and even though it’s expected to be temporary, losing some of ones finer motor skills in the fingers and walking and standing for any period of time was tough. As a self confessed darkroom rat, standing for long periods of time was something that was nooooooooo problem.  Yeah, he’s an asshole for a good many reasons, and I find his politics and behavior towards others, particularly LGBT folks repellent, but I DO have some compassion for his medical misery.

Unless he’s just incapable of holding a job due to being messed up by a stroke, he’d probably qualify for a SSDI. One poster suggested the stroke addled his brain and personality, which is indeed plausible.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

OMG, I would think one of the last jobs I’d want is to be a mascot spinning a sign. I’m not looking down on honest work, but from a comfort perspective in the Gulf.Coast area of Texas.  And having to marinate in a funky outfit that reeks of someone else’s sweat. We’ve got some sign spinners that literally have it down to high performance art, but these are young athletic kids.

David Poor is out of shape and can barely walk. Neuropathy absolutely sucks green donkey balls and I cold weather makes it worse. I acquired mine through chemo and even though it’s expected to be temporary, losing some of ones finer motor skills in the fingers and walking and standing for any period of time was tough. As a self confessed darkroom rat, standing for long periods of time was something that was nooooooooo problem.  Yeah, he’s an asshole for a good many reasons, and I find his politics and behavior towards others, particularly LGBT folks repellent, but I DO have some compassion for his medical misery.

Unless he’s just incapable of holding a job due to being messed up by a stroke, he’d probably qualify for a SSDI. One poster suggested the stroke addled his brain and personality, which is indeed plausible.

Very sorry that you have had to struggle with that! I hope the pain starts to lessen soon! 

I think he would definitely qualify for SSDI if for no other reason than he's a complete and utter f-up.

It's completely possible that the stroke addled his brain and personality to the degree where he was incapable of holding down a 9 to 5 job.

In the Auntie interview, his daughter said that he's always been an a$$hole. He neglected his children when they were growing up in favor of his bromance with Chris. The two of them traveled the world together wining and dining and having fun while Ashley's mom held down the fort at home, raising the kids and doing her best to instill them with values.

He is indeed repellent, but I sympathize for his medical issues, especially if he has undiagnosed brain damage from the stroke. That's highly possible.  That may be why Chris can't stop helping him. Or, he's used it as an excuse to abandon his responsibilities. Or, it's a little of both.

At one point in the interview, Auntie says David seems a little childlike, and his daughter says that he was always like that, more of a big brother than a father. She said he was the baby of his family and she places the responsibility squarely on the shoulders of her grandmother.

Either way, Chris is a grown man supporting another grown man like a child. He needs to step back and focus on his own wife and children! Nikki needs to smack Chris alongside the head if he pulls another sign stunt because that was indeed another handout. David needs to get himself on public assistance and if that hastens Annie out the door and back to Thailand so be it. She'll have some money in her pocket, hopefully enough so that she doesn't have to return to prostitution. She can return to her village and help her family with the buffalo. 

Ugh, there's someone like that in my husband's extended family. The guy was a complete a$$hole alcoholic who never bought his wife a Christmas or birthday present in all the years they were married, and that's on her for not divorcing her. Now he's had a stroke far worse than David's, and though he's recovered, he's an addled stroke victim to be taken care of, barely living on his own, just on his own enough to be a burden and of course the sins of his past are forgotten, rightfully so, and his deceased wife's family are taking care of him at great personal expense. Not like anyone in his family would or could step up. They resent the hell out of how he treated her when she was alive, but his brain is too scrambled to bring it up now. Just sad.

• Love 7

So, David doesn't want to work a 9-5 job.  No wonder he's trying to be a 'reality t.v. star' through his attempts to get a show with Chris about their Thai pleasure adventures venture and now being on 90 day fiance.  I just have no patience with David.  Not wanting a 9-5 job but wanting the perks that come with having a job.  I don't necessarily want to work 9-5 either (actually, my job is more 7:30 to 4:30), but guess what David-it's what we do when we want to choose our own living environment and other necessities and/or luxuries.  Get a job and start standing on your own.  Grow-up.  You are not funny or endearing to this viewer.

• Love 10

Other than SNAP (food stamps), I doubt there are any public assistance programs David Poor could qualify for.  He may well be trying to get SSDI, in which case it's generally a long process and he can't be working full time now because that would surely disqualify him. I guess Annie needs to hurry up and get her work visa.

Edited by DangerousMinds

I didnt watch the video but...it is possible that's David had a stroke as a result of some fucking around he and Chris were doing and that's why C feels an obligation to him? Because maybe he's partially to blame for D now being mentally deficient? And whatever they were doing was so bad that he can't be honest about it with even his wife? The only other thing that I can come up with for the continued handouts from C is that D has photos of C with some Thai 'hostesses' while he was married to Nikki...the latter seems more plausible, sadly.

ETA: There is no way D is 48. He looks more like 68. And C looks to be in his 50s at s minimum.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Other than SNAP (food stamps), I doubt there are any public assistance programs David Poor could qualify for.  He may well be trying to get SSDI, in which case it's generally a long process and he can't be working full time now because that would surely disqualify him. I guess Annie needs to hurry up and get her work visa.

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and I still had a 5 month eligibility period (since I became too sick to work) to qualify for SSDI. It’s not means or asset tested, but it’s a fallback for those who are unemployed already, their employer offers no disability plan, or are still sick and have exhausted their employer’s benefits, or needed to leave their job due to their poor health. Even if someone is told they have 6 months to live, they only get it almost immediately if they have kidney failure or ALS.  All others must wait 5 months after the onset of their disability.

Many people with legitimate disabilities are denied, while those approved for a hangnail by comparison somehow qualify and stay on it for years when they may be capable of doing something. The definition is an inability due to a physical or psychological limitation to perform “substantial gainful activity”.  How much one qualifies for is predicated on how many work quarters one has done, how much one has paid in. SGA is not necessarily what one used to make, but on the order of $1100 a month, which no one in the US can live on anywhere. This allows disabled to earn some part time wages to make ends meet while still drawing benefits. 

They do let the recipient do a Trial Work Period (Google it for understanding) where they aren’t penalized by reduction in benefits and for a few years, you don’t have to requalify if you relapse or need surgery that puts you out for months if you had been able to go to work again.  

All I know is I’m grateful to get it for now. I’m praying for a miracle to be restored to wholeness and the dignity of being able to earn enough to live comfortably and work long enough to be back on our feet again. Being sick SUCKS.  David Poor can qualify for Medicare after 2 years of drawing it, which helps with the medical part.

I for one can attest that nothing is more precious than one’s  health. If you don’t have your health, you essentially have NOTHING.  It takes away your independence, your livelihood, your dignity, your fun, and impacts your social life and mental health. I’d give ANYTHING to not be sick anymore. There’s still so much I want to do before I shuffle off this mortal coil. 

If David Poor doesn’t want to “do the 9-5”, then it had better be wanting to work from home or evening shift works better for his sleep wake needs, not because he’s too lazy to be bothered. We all want to be able to laze around like the Queen of Sheba while reaching out to pull money off our money tree, but that fantasy ends where fiscal realities begin. Idleness is not a disability, but he may just be unemployable due to the stroke damage.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and I still had a 5 month eligibility period (since I became too sick to work) to qualify for SSDI. It’s not means or asset tested, but it’s a fallback for those who are unemployed already, their employer offers no disability plan, or are still sick and have exhausted their employer’s benefits, or needed to leave their job due to their poor health. Even if someone is told they have 6 months to live, they only get it almost immediately if they have kidney failure or ALS.  All others must wait 5 months after the onset of their disability.

Many people with legitimate disabilities are denied, while those approved for a hangnail by comparison somehow qualify and stay on it for years when they may be capable of doing something. The definition is an inability due to a physical or psychological limitation to perform “substantial gainful activity”.  How much one qualifies for is predicated on how many work quarters one has done, how much one has paid in. SGA is not necessarily what one used to make, but on the order of $1100 a month, which no one in the US can live on anywhere. This allows disabled to earn some part time wages to make ends meet while still drawing benefits. 

They do let the recipient do a Trial Work Period (Google it for understanding) where they aren’t penalized by reduction in benefits and for a few years, you don’t have to requalify if you relapse or need surgery that puts you out for months if you had been able to go to work again.  

All I know is I’m grateful to get it for now. I’m praying for a miracle to be restored to wholeness and the dignity of being able to earn enough to live comfortably and work long enough to be back on our feet again. Being sick SUCKS.  David Poor can qualify for Medicare after 2 years of drawing it, which helps with the medical part.

I for one can attest that nothing is more precious than one’s  health. If you don’t have your health, you essentially have NOTHING.  It takes away your independence, your livelihood, your dignity, your fun, and impacts your social life and mental health. I’d give ANYTHING to not be sick anymore. There’s still so much I want to do before I shuffle off this mortal coil. 

If David Poor doesn’t want to “do the 9-5”, then it had better be wanting to work from home or evening shift works better for his sleep wake needs, not because he’s too lazy to be bothered. We all want to be able to laze around like the Queen of Sheba while reaching out to pull money off our money tree, but that fantasy ends where fiscal realities begin. Idleness is not a disability, but he may just be unemployable due to the stroke damage.

I just want to say that I know exactly where you are coming from and you've explained it very well. I'm sorry you are sick and living with a life-changing illness! I was healthy as a horse until I was 33 and then BAM! the bottom began to fall out. It does affect every aspect of your life and change you in ways others in good health can't comprehend, no matter how empathetic they may be. Hugs from one who feels your pain! 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

I didnt watch the video but...it is possible that's David had a stroke as a result of some fucking around he and Chris were doing and that's why C feels an obligation to him? Because maybe he's partially to blame for D now being mentally deficient? And whatever they were doing was so bad that he can't be honest about it with even his wife? The only other thing that I can come up with for the continued handouts from C is that D has photos of C with some Thai 'hostesses' while he was married to Nikki...the latter seems more plausible, sadly.

ETA: There is no way D is 48. He looks more like 68. And C looks to be in his 50s at s minimum.

I suspect that Chris blames himself for David's condition.

• Love 1

I am truly worried for Annie. Either she is in on the joke (ie, knowing Chris will pimp her out for "Thai Massages" as soon as she is desperate enough) or this girl is in for a world of trouble. I really wonder if the Annie/Mascot David and the Aika story were sort of rewritten after the editors got ahold of the footage. Both were painted out to be the cliche, demanding, "I want a Porsche and a 10 thousand dollar purse" to us seriously wondering what will happen to them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HahYallDoin said:

I just want to say that I know exactly where you are coming from and you've explained it very well. I'm sorry you are sick and living with a life-changing illness! I was healthy as a horse until I was 33 and then BAM! the bottom began to fall out. It does affect every aspect of your life and change you in ways others in good health can't comprehend, no matter how empathetic they may be. Hugs from one who feels your pain! 

So sorry that you are also a member of the club no one wants to join. I hope for better days for you and anyone else on this board whose lives have been rocked by a life altering diagnosis of themselves or a loved one. Hugs to you and all. 

It never occurred to me Chris might bear some guilt for David Poor’s situation. I always thought it was because Tobo knows where all the bodies are buried.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Other than SNAP (food stamps), I doubt there are any public assistance programs David Poor could qualify for.  

You're right, he probably wouldn't qualify for anything. I highly doubt he would qualify for SNAP either. Despite what people think about Kentucky-that half the population is on welfare-Food Stamps are VERY hard to get. My 83-year-old aunt draws $500 a month from her pension and $150 in social security. She qualifies, get ready, for $13 in Food Stamps. That's it. She says it's not even worth going in and filling out the paperwork every 6 months. Unless you have children, there aren't a lot of programs in Kentucky that offer decent benefits. We have, on occasion, qualified for heating assistance but it's VERY hard. When we were both unemployed and had 2 kids, we qualified for one load of wood every month. And we had to take the truck and pick it up. (Yeah, I know, it's funny that in my county wood is still considered part of the federal program. Lots of wood stoves here.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Here's the thing. David may have gotten wind of the fact early on that he could use his stroke as an excuse not to work and he has manipulated that so severely that nobody knows for sure what's real and what's not, including himself. He may have a genuinely real brain damage issue preventing him from having the kind of higher faculty organization he needs to hold down a job. Or he may have viewed his stroke as a sort of get-out-of-work free card. (Auntie's stuff is fun to listen to and will make any car drive shorter, BTW!)  

David's daughter said that he has always been childlike, selfish, manipulative, and irresponsible so there is no real way of knowing. I suppose a team of skilled doctors and psychologists could test the heck out of him, but I am guessing that's already been done.  However, it seems as though if that were a real situation, Chris would have explained it to Nikki so she would understand better.  Chris, if David was doing something stupid with you, it's not your fault. After all, he was a 300 pound man, and, dare I mention, a grownup? 

I really think Chris's nurturing behavior comes out of something darker and deeper than that. He may just view David as his only real friend, the one who has sticked and stayed, past the marriages, past the kid's disappointments in him, past all of that. If that's the case, excuse my french, but you need to LET THE FUCK GO! Focus on your marriage and your children and any grown children you may have that are disappointed in you, Chris. Quit enabling this weasel of a man because you are not helping him. You are just making him worse! And by not confronting him about his alcoholism head on, you are letting David dig his grave.

Ya'll may not think very much of Chris, but he's still a far better man than David. He has a wife that he doesn't have to rape. And, he takes good care of her. He pays his own bills and carries his own weight, which is not out of control, BTW. And, he can hold his liquor. I checked out Fantasy Thailand and it is not a pimp service, it is a legitimate travel service although he needs someone besides David to show people around. (I mean can you imagine? Good grief! Send Antonio to Thailand and let him do some tours.)

I know they set up Nicole and Azan as the new Danielle and Mo, but these two are my favorites this season. Not sure why.

Meaning my favorite dead horse to beat.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I agree 100% with you on this! An old lady rear-ended me and it screwed up my back for awhile and I was astonished at how it skewered my entire life. Now I have early onset arthritis. I should have sued them. It was Thanksgiving weekend, and she was on the way to see her kids and she had her husband with Alzheimer's with her in the car; she had just picked him up from a nursing home and she had no business being on the road. The money would have come from her insurance company anyway. I did spend the $10,000 limit of her insurance on chiropractors, steroid injections, etc. It was yoga that saved my ass. Things are so much better, but they could have been much worse and for a long time I lived with that fear.  I've always had compassion for people with illnesses and disabilities, but it gave that compassion new depth.

Sending prayers and warm vibes your way, Arwen Evenstar!

To tie this into David because he does nicely fit. Overall, as a society, we could use more compassion for people with disabilities and illnesses, more day-to-day compassion. Like, noticing when an old woman in a motorized wheelchair has trouble reaching for something on a high shelf in a grocery store. A lot of people look at her and say, "Oh, look, she can stand up after all." They don't see the pain she goes through just to get a can of peas. (Most people get those scooters because they need them but some get them because they are lazy. It's not for us to judge who is who and it's certainly not for anyone to resent them taking up extra room in the aisles when the store is crowded, yet so many people actually bitch about these things.  Yesterday we helped a woman because her scooter went dead in the Kroger. She got on her cellphone and someone brought her a cart. She had no choice but to transfer everything to the cart because there were no more available scooters. She probably weighed about 500 pounds. It had to be humiliating for her!)

So if David is malingering, which I strongly suspect he is at least to a large degree, he will cross paths with a number of people who will give him those second and third chances as a stroke victim. And, if he does Happily Ever After, which Chris announced yesterday that he was doing, they may well show him blaming things on his stroke or whatever. And some people will be just a little more calloused. Whereas if they had watched an honest person with a genuine disability struggling, they would have been just a little more compassionate.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Here's the thing. David may have gotten wind of the fact early on that he could use his stroke as an excuse not to work and he has manipulated that so severely that nobody knows for sure what's real and what's not, including himself. He may have a genuinely real brain damage issue preventing him from having the kind of higher faculty organization he needs to hold down a job. Or he may have viewed his stroke as a sort of get-out-of-work free card. (Auntie's stuff is fun to listen to and will make any car drive shorter, BTW!)  

David's daughter said that he has always been childlike, selfish, manipulative, and irresponsible so there is no real way of knowing. I suppose a team of skilled doctors and psychologists could test the heck out of him, but I am guessing that's already been done.  

Omg, except for the malingering thing, you've just described my MIL to a T. 

Off to find the aunte podcast...

• Love 1

So I have some mutual friends with David and Annie and I am FB friends with David. Online, they're kind of joking about the firehouse situation. Our mutual friends say that they never lived in it, that they just pretended to for the show. I can believe that. In a recent FB picture, Annie and David are getting ready to go to a party and one of their friends jokes, "I guess you fixed up the firehouse" and Annie laughs back. Our mutual friends say that Annie and David have been living outside of Louisville for the past 6 months and that they've also returned to China at least once (they lived there, too, before coming to the USA but went back to Thailand for the filming of the show). 

There is a LOT going on here that is confusing. I don't know how David's thing about dressing up for the business and stuff fits into this but I strongly feel that all of them are in on it-Annie, David, Niki, and Chris. They're all over social media, posting in the different groups, and encouraging people to watch. None of them come across as embarrassed. I think they are hoping for some kind of spin-off reality show and are trying to throw a bunch of different "oh no they didn't" incidents at the cameras to see what sticks. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

So I have some mutual friends with David and Annie and I am FB friends with David. Online, they're kind of joking about the firehouse situation. Our mutual friends say that they never lived in it, that they just pretended to for the show. I can believe that. In a recent FB picture, Annie and David are getting ready to go to a party and one of their friends jokes, "I guess you fixed up the firehouse" and Annie laughs back. Our mutual friends say that Annie and David have been living outside of Louisville for the past 6 months and that they've also returned to China at least once (they lived there, too, before coming to the USA but went back to Thailand for the filming of the show). 

There is a LOT going on here that is confusing. I don't know how David's thing about dressing up for the business and stuff fits into this but I strongly feel that all of them are in on it-Annie, David, Niki, and Chris. They're all over social media, posting in the different groups, and encouraging people to watch. None of them come across as embarrassed. I think they are hoping for some kind of spin-off reality show and are trying to throw a bunch of different "oh no they didn't" incidents at the cameras to see what sticks. 

One thing we know about David is that he is a pathological liar. I think he's probably putting up a front. He very much wants people to think that he's better off than he really is. His daughter went online and chatted live and said that yes, they are still living in the firehouse, and her brother goes to visit on a regular basis. He's still unemployed with the exception of the money that they receive from the show. And, TLC is taping them for the Happily Ever After? series.  In another chat that was completely separate and apart, Antonio confirmed that they were indeed still living in the firehouse, and that the relationship between David and Chris had become somewhat strained. I don't think that Annie can travel at this stage in the game even if they could afford it. 

Nikki's consternation was real. If she were that good of an actress, she would be auditioning for parts in LA.

I think they're still living in the firehouse for real.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

gee,  can tlc only find trashy, honey bo type people for these shows.  it's like watching a train wreck.  i can't stop watching!

Except most of the folks on Honey Boo Boo were likeable! Uncle Poodle and the daughters were cool.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

One thing we know about David is that he is a pathological liar. I think he's probably putting up a front. He very much wants people to think that he's better off than he really is. His daughter went online and chatted live and said that yes, they are still living in the firehouse, and her brother goes to visit on a regular basis. He's still unemployed with the exception of the money that they receive from the show. And, TLC is taping them for the Happily Ever After? series.  In another chat that was completely separate and apart, Antonio confirmed that they were indeed still living in the firehouse, and that the relationship between David and Chris had become somewhat strained. I don't think that Annie can travel at this stage in the game even if they could afford it. 

That would make sense IF I had any more trust for Ashley and Antonio than I do for the rest of them. And I don't. They're batshit crazy, too, and as big of famewhores as the rest of them. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

That would make sense IF I had any more trust for Ashley and Antonio than I do for the rest of them. And I don't. They're batshit crazy, too, and as big of famewhores as the rest of them. 

I trust them more than I trust David. Their facts were in sync and I doubt they were in communication with each other. Also, they have less motivation to lie.

David may have received some payment from TLC in which case he's probably throwing it around on some fancy dinners, new clothes for Annie, etc. The photos might have been from his mom's house. I'd pretty much take what he said and go with the opposite.

And she can't travel to China right away. Certainly not within the 90 days. It wouldn't make sense anyway if David were actually working.

• Love 4

I loved it when David's daughter told Annie, the younger Thai woman he met in a Bangkok bar, that David frequents prostitutes, and she had to act shocked. And then she said she had to start over with David by asking "What your name? Where you from?" which are the standard questions that Thai bargirls/hookers ask customers 50 times a night. 

• Love 9
On 12/5/2017 at 11:33 AM, biakbiak said:

That's difficult to get particularly if you have been living abroad but there are so many WTF in David's story.

His daughter says they are still living in the firehouse, and i believe her, out of all of them

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

I loved it when David's daughter told Annie, the younger Thai woman he met in a Bangkok bar, that David frequents prostitutes, and she had to act shocked. And then she said she had to start over with David by asking "What your name? Where you from?" which are the standard questions that Thai bargirls/hookers ask customers 50 times a night. 

Maybe I'm cynical, but I think David's daughter purposely brought up him hooking up with prostitutes because she knew Annie was a lady of the night when she met her dad. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

Maybe I'm cynical, but I think David's daughter purposely brought up him hooking up with prostitutes because she knew Annie was a lady of the night when she met her dad. 

I wondered about that myself. It seemed to hit too close to home for Annie, she actually seemed to flinch when she heard that come out of Ashley's mouth.

• Love 11