Type keyword(s) to search

Annie & David: On An Allowance at 48? He's Good, I Think

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Hardly fair compensation for having to service Broke Ass David and be groped and pawed by him all the time. I’m running out of brain bleach as the squick factor increases.

But the scotch may make it so you cannot remember it.  He is a skeevy asshole.  She seems nice.  His friends seem equally skeevy.  Wonder if Chris is living in Thailand due to his issues with the law?  Mr. Natalie is a tad older than David but if you told me David were his dads age I would TOTALLY believe it.  Oldest looking 48 year old I have ever fucking seen.  He also has the least amount rhythm I have seen in a long time.  I am thinking Fantasy Thailand is REALLY about the sex industry.  Wonder if Limbaugh has been a client ;)?

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Oldest looking 48 year old I have ever fucking seen.  He also has the least amount rhythm I have seen in a long time.

IKR? I’ve seen 68 year old men who look younger than Broke Ass Humpty Dumpty scuffling along in his diabetic sandals.  

2C45E540-4FC7-442A-B2B7-4E0D52E45C35.png

• Love 13

Diabetes is a cruel disease, and David has that puffy, swollen look, blotchy skin, and body shape that a lot of Type 2 diabetics seem to have.  Diabetic neuropathy may explain his lack of dancing abilities.  

I suffer from peripheral neuropathy due to recently having chemotherapy and it affects your gait, balance, and pretty much rules out the shoes you’re able to wear. It’s MISERABLE and t has greatly slowed my roll.  

Either he just wears dorky sandals or he’s got bad feet. It seems since he is in Thailand, he should be able to get shoes custom made for his comfort.  He’s still got quite a bit of weight to support, which makes neuropathy hurt even more.

He also needs to lose that awful haircut he has. It would greatly improve his looks. The right hair style or even embracing his male pattern baldness can do wonders for a man.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I suffer from peripheral neuropathy due to recently having chemotherapy and it affects your gait, balance, and pretty much rules out the shoes you’re able to wear. It’s MISERABLE and t has greatly slowed my roll.  

I have PN as well.  It truly is a life-changer, and it blows.  Suddenly, walking is often not an option.  Walking.  Sheesh.  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I have PN as well.  It truly is a life-changer, and it blows.  Suddenly, walking is often not an option.  Walking.  Sheesh.  

Well, let me join your club. Yesterday they found no clots in my legs so I can wrap them or get compression socks. I'm winter boot shopping this weekend because none of mine fit now. Some fun amongst all the other side effects of chemo.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I would like to believe I have more than the average amount of empathy for others, but having PN gave me a whole new level of respect for others. Things that gave me great joy like dancing, yoga, and spending hours in the photography darkroom (will have to use a stool and sit now) are kind of on hold until more of it goes away.  I have found fish oil, B Complex with C, ALA, and L-carnitine to be helpful with PN, though I’m still taking gabapentin.  PM me so we can stay on topic if you wish.

David Poor has already had his share of health problems.  I feel bad for him for that, because people DO tend to treat you differently after you have had a catastrophic illness.  I hope that if/when I return to searching for work, I’m hoping I won’t be treated like “damaged goods” or “the one who’s caused our health care costs to rise” or “she will expect special treatment”.  I still think he’s gross and skeevy for his other behavior.

4 minutes ago, Forum member said:

Well, let me join your club. Yesterday they found no clots in my legs so I can wrap them or get compression socks. I'm winter boot shopping this weekend because none of mine fit now. Some fun amongst all the other side effects of chemo.

My mom thought Uggs might help me.  They’re not cheap, I’ve never owned a pair, and I hear they are comfy. Problem with compression hose is getting them on if your feet are not being cooperative, though they DO help if you can stand them. Lighter compression may be easier on you.

Sorry, Drogo.   ?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Diabetes is a cruel disease, and David has that puffy, swollen look, blotchy skin, and body shape that a lot of Type 2 diabetics seem to have.  Diabetic neuropathy may explain his lack of dancing abilities.  

Either he just wears dorky sandals or he’s got bad feet. It seems since he is in Thailand, he should be able to get shoes custom made for his comfort.  He’s still got quite a bit of weight to support, which makes neuropathy hurt even more.

He also needs to lose that awful haircut he has. It would greatly improve his looks. The right hair style or even embracing his male pattern baldness can do wonders for a man.

Did they ever say how he lost so much weight?  I was wondering if it was Gastric Bypass.  I have nothing against it - I know people that it has helped - but I won't do it for a number of reasons I will not go into here.  And I know a lot of doctors that I don't find entirely reputable will tell T2D's (of which I am one) that GB will CURE T2D, and other ailments.  I've had an endocrinologist tell me that's flat-out not true. Many people will see improvement, and some may be able to go off of meds, but not everyone will.  Mr. Funky's aunt had GB done because it would supposedly cure her T2D.  Her A1C actually got worse.  She has difficulty eating now, and can only stomach soft foods, many of which are high in carbs - she takes more insulin now than she ever did, and she vomits after most meals.  The doctor told her it's a "normal" possible negative side effect.  And the jury is out on whether it will permanently alleviate the need for meds for some, or if it will eventually come back.  I have a friend who is going for the consult.  She's not severely over weight - certainly not to levels where she's morbidly obese - but she was told it would cure her diabetes, and her acid reflux, and possibly her back problems.  I didn't say anything, but that kind of stuff upsets me.  I'm hoping it works for her, because she's a bit of a hypochondriac, and if she has a negative outcome (it happens quite a bit), then it's not going to go well for her at all.

• Love 1

I have known a few people who have had GB and the jury’s out with me, too. I had a friend who used alcohol to replace her addiction to food after one and she gained most of the weight back because she no longer cared to be on her diet. She died from complications from her alcoholism.  Another lady I used to work with nearly died from complications years later when they did stomach stapling and she had the staples out. I have known people who have had great success and stayed on the wagon.

Anyone who has this procedure has to realize it’s a lifetime of change, not just for a year or two. Depends how bad one’s health is to start with, and whether or not the benefits of surgery outweigh the risks.  Exercising isn’t an option for people who can’t walk or stand very long.  It’s possible David had weight loss surgery or he lost the weight due to the stress of life changes.  Hospital food sucks. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I have known a few people who have had GB and the jury’s out with me, too. I had a friend who used alcohol to replace her addiction to food after one and she gained most of the weight back because she no longer cared to be on her diet. She died from complications from her alcoholism.  Another lady I used to work with nearly died from complications years later when they did stomach stapling and she had the staples out. I have known people who have had great success and stayed on the wagon.

Anyone who has this procedure has to realize it’s a lifetime of change, not just for a year or two. Depends how bad one’s health is to start with, and whether or not the benefits of surgery outweigh the risks.  Exercising isn’t an option for people who can’t walk or stand very long.  It’s possible David had weight loss surgery or he lost the weight due to the stress of life changes.  Hospital food sucks. 

Yeah, I know a number of those who had it done, and it's about 60/40 on whether they'd do it again if they had the choice to do it over.  Former co-worker went to one of those iffy doctors I mentioned - same practice that told me I was stupid for not wanting the magical cure-all that is GB.  Refused to help me with a diet plan since I didn't want to do it.  When co-worker couldn't lose the required weight, that doctor prescribed her diet pills to "help" her reach that goal.  He also told her that he knew how to get skin removal pushed through, then when our insurance said no, he just said "Oh well,  I tried".  She lost weight, but has so much hanging skin that she can't have removed that she doesn't look good.  David at least looks like he had skin removal, so he's got that going for him.

• Love 1

He may have been able to have his insurance pay for it due to the stroke and/or being diabetic/prediabetic.  He may not have needed skin removal or maybe a minimal amount. David certainly got kicked around by his health when he was already down. I know how it feels to be too sick to work, and it’s no fun.

Type 2 diabetes is weird.  I have a friend who’s petite and may only need to drop 25#, if that. It’s very prevalent in her family.  She told me there are people so obese that they have to take down a wall to get them out of the house and some of them aren’t diabetic, and she found it frustrating that she was diabetic already.

• Love 2

I didn't see this link so apologies if it's not the right place but it sure explains a lot ... as soon as I saw his nickname was Tobo it made it pretty easy to find it ... http://starcasm.net/archives/377880

And meanwhile sending soothing hugs and painfree days/nights to all of my 90DF friends here with PN and other neurological et al issues ... I've been relatively lucky that the worst physical maladies I have is a lovely pupu platter (HAHAHA) of IBS and degenerative disc disease in my back (I could not live without my ECCO sandals ... pretty much the ugliest things ever made especially at $120 a pop BUT they allow me to walk miles and miles and miles painfree which is excellent because that's the only exercise this poor "still middle-aged and sticking to it" woman can do (I train every year for the AVON 39!)

On the other side, have had a silent stroke and two episodes (so far) of Transient Global Amnesia in the last two-plus years so my bigger issues by far are the rare-but-it-happens-to-a-few-unlucky-few permanent short-term memory loss issues which my neuro said at this point is unlikely to change. My hubby is a saint. The good news is my longer-term memory is starting to come back in dribs and drabs (I now have better recall of memories from up to about 2015 but after that photos and notes help and I have a one-out-of-seven change of knowing what day of the week it is and one-out-of-12 of knowing the month LOL!!!!!)

This is why I love this kind of brainless awesome schadenfreude-laden show that makes hubby just shake his head and go into the living room and watch "classy" shows like Stranger Things. I can't really remember stuff (making me the only person who actually APPRECIATES the endless "PREVIOUSLY ON 90-DAY FIANCEE" pastiches!)

• Love 5
On 11/12/2017 at 8:49 PM, PityFree said:

Ummmm. Daughter David? It’s pretty wrong to assume that all people from Asian countries know how to do nails. Also, Thailand isn’t the country you are thinking of. 

Yet, Annie apparently does do nails and showed off the elaborate designs on her own nails.  Don't you hate a stereotype lucky guess! :)

• Love 5
On 11/6/2017 at 0:54 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

So it's okay for him to leech off of his friends and be kind of a MIA dad, but gay people, noooooo!!!!!

Disgusting.

That really burns me up, too!

I'm going to kind of take a Devil's Advocate position for a moment. Say a person with a Bible Belt brain like David Poor believes that living a homosexual lifestyle is a sin. (Even the Pope says it's not a sin to be gay, just to, well, do what gay people do.) Again, kind of Devil's Advocate, bear with me. Say they believe that. What gives them the right to hate on someone because they don't agree with what they're doing? What's next? Throwing stones at divorced people? "I'm not going to bake a cake for your wedding because it's your third wedding and you people are idiots." Or, "I'm not going to bake a cake for your wedding because it's a Muslim wedding." "I'm not letting you into my restaurant because you gamble."  "I just tossed my latte at you because you're not a virgin." It's ABSURD.

The same book that mentions homosexuality 4 or 5 times tells us to LOVE PEOPLE AND NOT JUDGE THEM hundreds of times! It also mentions gluttony like, 80 times. (So if Evelyn were really fundamentalist, she wouldn't invite auntie to the wedding. Disgusting, but true.)

Again, that was all kind of Devil's Advocate. I'm not saying Evelyn's auntie is sinning. 

I'm getting down off of my soapbox now, but not before throwing out another verse for David Poor. "A man who doesn't work shouldn't eat."

Sadly, something tells me he won't.

Annie actually seems to have ambition and a work ethic. She will find herself a good job and kick him to the curb, eventually.

She'll probably find herself another Sugar Daddy, too! And, I'll bet this one has his own house with an above ground pool! They'll sit around it in the summer drinking Nestea. 

And, he will go lumbering back to his friend's basement.

Please don't judge all Christians, or people who read the Bible by a few fanatics.  The fact that he is such a fanatic is exactly why he's on the show. Or Evelyn or her family.  I remember the days when it was "ok" to be a Christian, and not akin to being a leper.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

Please don't judge all Christians, or people who read the Bible by a few fanatics.  The fact that he is such a fanatic is exactly why he's on the show. Or Evelyn or her family.  I remember the days when it was "ok" to be a Christian, and not akin to being a leper.

I don’t think Jen or anyone else is hating on Christians for simply being a Christian or having values they choose to live by. I have issues with Tobo being anti LGBT, but sees nothing wrong with the skeevy business he’s involved in and likely paying for sex.  Would a  devoutly conservative Christian man want to be accused of procuring a prostitute or engaging in questionable sex trafficking?

Evelyn has kept her opinions to herself, AFAIK regarding her views on politics or issues.  I can chalk most of her behavior up to being young and spoiled and naive.  Tobo’s hypocrisy is something I cannot abide. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I don't paint them all with one broad brush.

I hate to admit this lest I give them a bad name, but I'm a Christian myself. (I just happen to be one with way too much snark.)

I again I don't readily admit that because I don't want to make the rest of them look bad.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I don’t think Jen or anyone else is hating on Christians for simply being a Christian or having values they choose to live by. I have issues with Tobo being anti LGBT, but sees nothing wrong with the skeevy business he’s involved in and likely paying for sex.  Would a  devoutly conservative Christian man want to be accused of procuring a prostitute or engaging in questionable sex trafficking?

Evelyn has kept her opinions to herself, AFAIK regarding her views on politics or issues.  I can chalk most of her behavior up to being young and spoiled and naive.  Tobo’s hypocrisy is something I cannot abide. 

Exactly and thank you, Arwen! I've witnessed the bone crushing cruelty of the virginity cults and the LGBT contempt firsthand. It's especially bad in small towns where people, especially young people, don't always feel they have a safe place to run.

I'm a Christian and as I said in another post, I don't say it too loudly, not because I'm embarrassed to admit it but because I don't like making the rest of them look any worse than they already do sometimes.

I can't even pat myself on the back for being nonjudgmental because I see these douchebags preying upon these vulnerable young prostitutes in third world countries and I want to punch them in the testicles. With a cattle prod. 

Evelyn is young. She's annoying as hell, but funny to watch when she doesn't sing. I'm still not comfortable with the edge I'm seeing in David Spain and I'm concerned that once he gets her in Virginia, he might try to break her like she's a wild horse. I hope I'm wrong.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Evelyn is young. She's annoying as hell, but funny to watch when she doesn't sing. I'm still not comfortable with the edge I'm seeing in David Spain and I'm concerned that once he gets her in Virginia, he might try to break her like she's a wild horse. I hope I'm wrong.

I got the same vibe. He definitely seems like he’s got a machismo streak. A little machismo is sexy, but he seems much more domineering. 

I’m married to a Latino, so when you hear “No” in a heavy Spanish accent, it can sound very authoritative, even if it’s not meant to come off like that. So when I get “the no” about something, then we talk about it and negotiate.  I can imagine David’s “No” comes off far more abrasive. 

Husband Arwen knows who he married. He’s never tried to change me in any way, We have the same age gap as David and Evelyn, but when I met him, I was 38, had been married before, and we both knew something of the world. We had maturity going for us. Had I been 18 when we met, I don’t know how it would  have worked because I can now see just how immature I was.  At 18, I was living away from home and at a university, not sitting at home waiting for Prince Charming.

i definitely want Evelyn to grow up, but I don’t want to see her broken like a wild horse, either.  I don’t want that at ALL. She annoys me, but it would hurt my heart if he breaks her spirit or tries to squelch her in any way.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I got the same vibe. He definitely seems like he’s got a machismo streak. A little machismo is sexy, but he seems much more domineering. 

I’m married to a Latino, so when you hear “No” in a heavy Spanish accent, it can sound very authoritative, even if it’s not meant to come off like that. So when I get “the no” about something, then we talk about it and negotiate.  I can imagine David’s “No” comes off far more abrasive. 

Husband Arwen knows who he married. He’s never tried to change me in any way, We have the same age gap as David and Evelyn, but when I met him, I was 38, had been married before, and we both knew something of the world. We had maturity going for us. Had I been 18 when we met, I don’t know how it would  have worked because I can now see just how immature I was.  At 18, I was living away from home and at a university, not sitting at home waiting for Prince Charming.

i definitely want Evelyn to grow up, but I don’t want to see her broken like a wild horse, either.  I don’t want that at ALL. She annoys me, but it would hurt my heart if he breaks her spirit or tries to squelch her in any way.

Evelyn started crying when her friend got upset. I tend to think that she has a heart, and she's just young and foolish and not at all in touch with the impact of her words or her attitude.

Her parents seem to be sitting back like helpless puppies, and leaving everything up to providence. They think they are being "good" and "right" by being soft-spoken and perpetually trusting. If Evelyn has decided she has found her lifelong helpmate at 18, it must be so. They married teens in the Bible so there's nothing remotely sleazy to them about a 27-year-old man talking to a 16-year-old girl online and grooming her to be his wife. And of course, once she's locked in, she's locked in because divorce is another unpardonable sin. David could in theory behave like a first class bastard and it still wouldn't justify a divorce in their minds.

I feel the same way. It's really a sad situation. It seems as though her parents are entering into it with their eyes wide shut.

I hope that David is a decent guy and that she gets her happily ever after because I don't want to see her hurt.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

and she's just young and foolish and not at all in touch with the impact of her words or her attitude.

Were any of us really at that level of awareness at 18? Hell no.

Rats! I just realized we are in David and Annie. (Sorry, Drogo).

I really did feel so badly for Annie when David made an asshat, and a drunk one at that of himself.  She’s a cute girl, so I’m sure she could attract a better looking guy , more capable of giving “good wallet”.  She probably sees him as her ticket to America, and the only way out.  I so wanted Father Annie to give Broke Ass Tobo the same look that Father Karine gave Pole.i In Asia, marrying an older man is seen as an auspicious match, so it’s not frowned upon at all.

David Poor is what the drag queens on Rupaul’s Drag Race would describe as “busted”.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'm a Christian and as I said in another post, I don't say it too loudly, not because I'm embarrassed to admit it but because I don't like making the rest of them us look any worse than they already do sometimes.

Fixed it for you.

I actually chose my screen name with the intent that it would remind me daily to be kind - even when snarking.  Some days, I meet that goal.  Some days, not.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Were any of us really at that level of awareness at 18? Hell no.

Rats! I just realized we are in David and Annie. (Sorry, Drogo).

I really did feel so badly for Annie when David made an asshat, and a drunk one at that of himself.  She’s a cute girl, so I’m sure she could attract a better looking guy , more capable of giving “good wallet”.  She probably sees him as her ticket to America, and the only way out.  I so wanted Father Annie to give Broke Ass Tobo the same look that Father Karine gave Pole.i In Asia, marrying an older man is seen as an auspicious match, so it’s not frowned upon at all.

David Poor is what the drag queens on Rupaul’s Drag Race would describe as “busted”.

I'm complicit in being on the wrong board as well. Sorry, Drogo! 

When it comes to criticizing David Pour there's so much to choose from.... the drinking problem (IMHO that's putting it mildly), his lying, his contempt for the LGBT community, oh, and his "travel business" which sounds tantamount to overseas pimping. Let alone his shameless mooching and the fact that he's taking his body for granted by beating it into the ground. Dude, it's not gonna hold up for you forever -- aren't you scared?

I think you're right about the diabetes. He can barely walk! If he's on medication for neuropathy or for that matter, blood thinners for stroke prevention, he sure as hell shouldn't bring so much as a drop to his lips. I picture him overdoing it, toddling around furiously when he's drunk and then paying for it the next day with muscle spasms or whatever. Also, I feel kind of bad piling so much on top of him but I think he's hormonally imbalanced. When he was at a lower weight, he just looked, well, masculine. Now he doesn't. Excessive alcohol and bad diet are not helping him. He looks like he's in his late fifties on a good day. I think some of this stuff is reversible with good diet and exercise. And, of course, some type of recovery program to address his excesses.

Father Annie seemed naive and clearly just mesmerized by the hefty farm animals. I don't know how much awareness he had of David Pour's myriad of flaws.

I'm sure they'll follow up on this couple's basement dwelling which will probably extend beyond the 90 days.

What stones are left unturned with this guy? What else could there possibly be? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Also, I feel kind of bad piling so much on top of him but I think he's hormonally imbalanced. When he was at a lower weight, he just looked, well, masculine

Insulin is a hormone.

Maybe he chugs those Ensure and Boost protein drinks, which are full of soy protein.  Husband Arwen drank soy protein drinks and after about 3 weeks, he already was sprouting moobs and didn’t “feel right”.  I asked him how much he was consuming, and I said to stop it because soy contains plant estrogens.  I would hav never believed it had I not seen this with my own eyes.  MTF transgenders take estrogen to grow breasts and it shrinks their testicles.

Either his feminization is caused by his diet and/or his hormone imbalance has gotten to the point that it’s depleting his testosterone.  Men naturally start to lose testosterone as they age, but not at that pace.  Low testosterone causes depression, which may be why he drinks.  He really needs to get himself to an endocrinologist Either here or in Thailand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'm sure they'll follow up on this couple's basement dwelling which will probably extend beyond the 90 days.

I picture David and Annie being indentured servants for Money Bags Chris and wife, a live-in nanny and butler for as long as David Poor is indebted.  What a grim existence for the new bride, no matter what her living circumstances are.  

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Cracks me up every time I read it.  

We have our beloved Pedro from a previous season to thank for that. 

In Spanish, it’s correct to say la familia/hermano/madre /padre de Chantel, but Pedro was speaking English like he would Spanish.  So he called them Family /Brother/Mother/Padre Chantel.  He was cute and now he’s got me almost saying it off the boards. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

In Spanish, it’s correct to say la familia/hermano/madre /padre de Chantel, but Pedro was speaking English like he would Spanish.  So he called them Family /Brother/Mother/Padre Chantel.  He was cute and now he’s got me almost saying it off the boards. 

I picked up on why you were doing it . . . which made it really funny to have it brought into "real life" as well.  I sometimes refer to my husband as "Mr. Christian," but then it sounds like we're talking about "Mutiny on the Bounty."  LOL.

• Love 2
On 16/11/2017 at 9:10 AM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

This is why I love this kind of brainless awesome schadenfreude-laden show that makes hubby just shake his head and go into the living room and watch "classy" shows like Stranger Things. I can't really remember stuff (making me the only person who actually APPRECIATES the endless "PREVIOUSLY ON 90-DAY FIANCEE" pastiches!)

We could be related!!!

• Love 2
On 11/9/2017 at 3:45 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I would like to believe I have more than the average amount of empathy for others, but having PN gave me a whole new level of respect for others. Things that gave me great joy like dancing, yoga, and spending hours in the photography darkroom (will have to use a stool and sit now) are kind of on hold until more of it goes away.  I have found fish oil, B Complex with C, ALA, and L-carnitine to be helpful with PN, though I’m still taking gabapentin.  PM me so we can stay on topic if you wish.

David Poor has already had his share of health problems.  I feel bad for him for that, because people DO tend to treat you differently after you have had a catastrophic illness.  I hope that if/when I return to searching for work, I’m hoping I won’t be treated like “damaged goods” or “the one who’s caused our health care costs to rise” or “she will expect special treatment”.  I still think he’s gross and skeevy for his other behavior.

My mom thought Uggs might help me.  They’re not cheap, I’ve never owned a pair, and I hear they are comfy. Problem with compression hose is getting them on if your feet are not being cooperative, though they DO help if you can stand them. Lighter compression may be easier on you.

Sorry, Drogo.   ?

They are THE MOST comfy shoes.  I have had mine for over 5 years and still wear them so that is how I justify the price.  I have MS and my feet go numb and are always FREEZING so these are such a blessing.  If you get colors that are just out of season you can get them cheaper.   I understand that fear about how coworkers view you after an illness.  I really didn't want to be the 'sick girl'.  

David really needs to get his life together.  Health wise, financially, and try being honest with his kids.  I feel for Annie.  It has to really suck where she is to hook her wagon to that man.  He also needs to kick his friend Chris (that his name??) to the curb.  He has a really unsavory past.  I think his wife may be too good for him.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I picture David and Annie being indentured servants for Money Bags Chris and wife, a live-in nanny and butler for as long as David Poor is indebted.  What a grim existence for the new bride, no matter what her living circumstances are.  

I picture David and Annie being indentured servants.

David may make a feeble effort at working at a job for awhile, but I doubt it will last. He really seems to enjoy not working. He's completely comfortable with the whole Eat, Pray, Love scenario. He just wants to do it in Kentucky near his kids. And he wants the Asian trophy wife without having to support her. He probably figures citizenship is enough.

Someone pointed out that when David Pour was drunk, he made a remark to Annie about how she was there for herself. In vino veritas. Deep down, he knows she's marrying him for what he can do for her which is probably how he helps rationalize knowing what she does not know, that he cannot do for her. (Actually, I think she knows that, too, but she's desperate to get out of Thailand.) 

Other than that, he just doesn't really care because he's something of an a$$hole.

Nikki seems like a decent sort. Even though she'll resent the hell out of them living uninvited in her home (she didn't invite them, hubby did), it's hard to imagine that she would take it out on Annie. Nikki, please help this woman!

19 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

We could be related!!!

Me 3! 

My husband watches Stranger Things! LOL

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Insulin is a hormone.

Maybe he chugs those Ensure and Boost protein drinks, which are full of soy protein.  Husband Arwen drank soy protein drinks and after about 3 weeks, he already was sprouting moobs and didn’t “feel right”.  I asked him how much he was consuming, and I said to stop it because soy contains plant estrogens.  I would hav never believed it had I not seen this with my own eyes.  MTF transgenders take estrogen to grow breasts and it shrinks their testicles.

Either his feminization is caused by his diet and/or his hormone imbalance has gotten to the point that it’s depleting his testosterone.  Men naturally start to lose testosterone as they age, but not at that pace.  Low testosterone causes depression, which may be why he drinks.  He really needs to get himself to an endocrinologist Either here or in Thailand.

That could be what's going on. He needs to switch to soy-free. He's so soft and feminine looking. At least for Annie's sake is probably just wants to cuddle most of the time. 

Hopefully an endocrinologist can help him. Also, he needs to just take responsibility for his body and his health. He can't just blather through life doing whatever and expecting to live a long time.

Seriously, the dude in his prior "after" photos looked like, well, a dude.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

They are THE MOST comfy shoes.  I have had mine for over 5 years and still wear them so that is how I justify the price.  I have MS and my feet go numb and are always FREEZING so these are such a blessing.  If you get colors that are just out of season you can get them cheaper.   I understand that fear about how coworkers view you after an illness.  I really didn't want to be the 'sick girl'.  

David really needs to get his life together.  Health wise, financially, and try being honest with his kids.  I feel for Annie.  It has to really suck where she is to hook her wagon to that man.  He also needs to kick his friend Chris (that his name??) to the curb.  He has a really unsavory past.  I think his wife may be too good for him.

Uggs are the most amazing, comfortable boots you'll ever wear. Australians wear them in the summer on the beach because they breathe. They'll keep your feet good and warm. Wear them without socks. Just keep your feet nice and clean. A little nice baby powder doesn't hurt, either. (LUSH makes some great ones!)

The lighter colors are tempting, but get black, navy or brown. Trust me on this.

No Uggs for David Poor because, well, he's too poor for one thing, and also he doesn't need any feminine touches. (No feeling sorry for yourself, David Poor! Just get yourself to a doctor and take charge of your health again. Get that lap band re-harnessed or whatever.)

Great choice for Annie, though... after she leaves him! Ditto for Nikki whose feet must be bother her while she's pregnant; she can afford them in every color  in the rainbow.  I'm sure she's had the baby by now, but being exhausted caring for a baby all the time, Annie could use those Uggs.

See, it's about Uggs, but I brought it back nicely to David and Annie...

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I picked up on why you were doing it . . . which made it really funny to have it brought into "real life" as well.  I sometimes refer to my husband as "Mr. Christian," but then it sounds like we're talking about "Mutiny on the Bounty."  LOL.

Night Ranger started it years ago with " Sister Christian."

• Love 4

Why does David Pour speak with spaces in between his words as if English is his second language? It's almost as if he's simulating a bit of a Thai accent in hopes of being better understood by people around him. Dude, it doesn't work that way.

Another reason for wanting to smack him.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2017 at 3:14 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

He may have been able to have his insurance pay for it due to the stroke and/or being diabetic/prediabetic.  He may not have needed skin removal or maybe a minimal amount. David certainly got kicked around by his health when he was already down. I know how it feels to be too sick to work, and it’s no fun.

Type 2 diabetes is weird.  I have a friend who’s petite and may only need to drop 25#, if that. It’s very prevalent in her family.  She told me there are people so obese that they have to take down a wall to get them out of the house and some of them aren’t diabetic, and she found it frustrating that she was diabetic already.

Same way with arthritis. Very obese people are moving around just fine. I'm petite and I have the beginning of arthritis in my back (car wreck). 

David Pour definitely has trouble walking. When he's drunk, he toddles around more quickly because alcohol numbs the pain. That's my guess anyway.

You'd think that being a stroke survivor would make him take these things more seriously.

I've known people who have had bypass surgery. Seems to me that they generally gain the weight back although not all of the weight back. It takes discipline and work to keep it off. I know it must be very hard.  David Pour doesn't seem to be making any effort to restrain or discipline himself be it with sobriety, diet, exercise, work, or family relationships. (His youngest son is 18, meaning he was 14 or younger when he left for Thailand, meaning David Pour was probably ducking out on some child support payments. Why not let his ex-wife carry 100% of the financial responsibility?)

4 hours ago, spankydoll said:

What are the odds that Money Chris has secured his loans to David with a life insurance policy? I'll just leave that there for a bit. 

It's probably secured with the TLC money. I'm assuming David is getting paid to appear on this show, right?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, spankydoll said:

What are the odds that Money Chris has secured his loans to David with a life insurance policy? I'll just leave that there for a bit. 

ABSOLUTELY.  

I am here for that eventual epi of 48 Hours and I won't feel bad yelling "I TOLD Y'ALL SO!" at the television the entire time.  (not y'all, I wouldn't yell at Y'ALL.)

• Love 6
On 11/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

So why wouldn't he say Family of Chantel? Not asking you to read his mind but is there some frammatical reason anyone can explain?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Emkat said:

How coincidental that after 4 years David chooses to return to the US to "get back on his feet" once his youngest is 18. No more child support to pay. How convenient.

Oh no! That's gross. Although I knew a guy from Naples Florida who pulled the same crap. Kept himself underemployed until his son was of age. 

• Love 5
On 11/19/2017 at 5:45 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

Why does David Pour speak with spaces in between his words as if English is his second language? It's almost as if he's simulating a bit of a Thai accent in hopes of being better understood by people around him. Dude, it doesn't work that way.

As a denizen of sleazy bars in Southeast Asia, I can answer this.  The girls working in these bars speak "Bargirl English." They say things like "Me go with you" "Him good man," "Today happy happy," etc.

Some American and British guys who hang out in these bars decide that the best way to communicate with these girls is to parrot their bargirl English back to them.  It's incredibly annoying, when I'm just trying to drink myself into a stupor while ogling scantily clad impoverished young Thai women, to have to listen to the dude on the barstool next to me chatting up girls and saying stuff like "Tomorrow. I go Philippines. Same same Thailand." 

And then in the rare scenario when one of these guys meets an educated, fluent English speaking Thai woman, like when's introduced to the Thai wife of a friend who didn't marry a hooker, he will still speak to that educated Thai woman in bargirl English, leading to her thinking he's a f*cking idiot.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Emkat said:

How coincidental that after 4 years David chooses to return to the US to "get back on his feet" once his youngest is 18. No more child support to pay. How convenient.

I don't know about Kentucky, but where I live, any accrued back child support doesn't magically disappear, and they can lean your wages, and your drivers license until you start catching up.

• Love 7

This David Tobolowski , he failed in his marriage, he failed in his Kentuky business, he failed in his Thai venture, he supposedly has no money or job or house or car AND HE IS TRYING TO HAVE A BABY WITH ANNIE EVERY NIGHT!!?? Something is not right in his head.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I don't know about Kentucky, but where I live, any accrued back child support doesn't magically disappear, and they can lean your wages, and your drivers license until you start catching up.

Yes, they can do that here in Kentucky as well-and they do. They take back child support payments very seriously here. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Erod said:

Only Nikki, Brother Nikki, and Annie are keeping it real.  Tobo is bound to wear out his welcome real fast.  His next stop is going to be the nearest trailer park if he doesn’t stop picking fights. Looks like he’s got an out of control drinking problem, and TLC is letting him circle the drain rather than encourage him to get treatment.

As @funky-rat stated very eloquently in an earlier post today, there is NOTHING funny about diabetes.  It leads to blindness, amputations, ulcerated legs, stroke, heart disease, kidney failure, pancreatitis, and a host of other complications if left uncontrolled.  David looks like shit and doesn’t look like he’s long for this earth.

• Love 3